Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Supreme Court refuses to hear challenge to male only draft

Three members of the Supreme Court indicated Monday that the law requiring only men to register for the draft may be unconstitutional and outdated, but the high court balked at formally addressing the issue — for now.

The court denied review to a case brought by the National Coalition for Men, challenging the registration requirement reintroduced in 1980 by former President Jimmy Carter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 9, 2021 8:46 PM

Zoomers are calling it transphobic as mtf have to register.

by Anonymousreply 1June 9, 2021 8:00 PM

Equal Rights. You want to be CEOs then you can go to the frontlines too.

by Anonymousreply 2June 9, 2021 8:03 PM

This should include women. All we have to do is register - it's not like other countries where young people are required to serve 1 year in the military.

by Anonymousreply 3June 9, 2021 8:06 PM

Good stuff.

by Anonymousreply 4June 9, 2021 8:08 PM

It should include everyone. It’s not mandatory but if woman want equal rights they must earn them. Look at Israel where they are all mandated to serve. The women there can handle it.

by Anonymousreply 5June 9, 2021 8:12 PM

[quote]but if woman want equal rights they must earn them

Women aren’t complaining. A lot of Muslims in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 6June 9, 2021 8:14 PM

R6 they would if they were forced to sign up. Both you and I know that. Especially heterosexual women.

by Anonymousreply 7June 9, 2021 8:16 PM

I don’t know that because I’m not a misogynist.

by Anonymousreply 8June 9, 2021 8:17 PM

So I am a Muslim for saying that women should be required to do their duty to the US in times of war or conflict? Fuck off! I’m not Muslim.

by Anonymousreply 9June 9, 2021 8:22 PM

[quote] Women aren’t complaining.

Betty Friedan would like a word.

by Anonymousreply 10June 9, 2021 8:23 PM

[quote] I don’t know that because I’m not a misogynist.

Actually you are.

by Anonymousreply 11June 9, 2021 8:24 PM

Fuck off Mohammad.

by Anonymousreply 12June 9, 2021 8:24 PM

That's what I love about DL: the cut-and-thrust of sharp-witted, incisive, and eloquent debate, that manages to be simultaneously both challenging and respectful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 9, 2021 8:29 PM

Lots of psychotic CUNTS in here and I am misogynistic, a lifetime of being mentally abused by horrendous self-involved whores who I adored made me that way. I could care less what any of you BITCHES and your slimy gashes think.

by Anonymousreply 14June 9, 2021 8:31 PM

R8 you may not be a misogynist you but you are a dimwit. If women were forced to sign up that would mean if there were a draft women would be forced to serve and go into battle. People including feminists would be very upset if their daughters might have to go into battle. We see that during the draft rich people got their sons out of it. In fact women today should be insisting that their daughters be required to sign up. But guess what. They aren't.

by Anonymousreply 15June 9, 2021 8:31 PM

War is a man's game, why should women play it.

by Anonymousreply 16June 9, 2021 8:41 PM

It's a man's world why should women financially gain from it?

by Anonymousreply 17June 9, 2021 8:42 PM

Women are MORE equal than men.

by Anonymousreply 18June 9, 2021 8:43 PM

[quote]you may not be a misogynist you but you are a dimwit.

Oh.

by Anonymousreply 19June 9, 2021 8:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!