Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

TV Shows that had perfect first seasons and then turned to trash

Empire - amazing, fun, compelling first season. I gave up on it halfway through season 2.

Revenge - PERFECT, gripping first season. I gave up on it after the beginning of the second season, when the long lost mother turned up alive. Oh and later the father too? Trash.

by Anonymousreply 23Last Wednesday at 8:57 AM

Desperate Housewives. The following seasons weren't great, but it didn't turn to trash until season 5.

by Anonymousreply 1Last Wednesday at 8:11 AM

Maybe if those white supremicists hadn't tried to murder poor Jussie, he could have improved the show.

by Anonymousreply 2Last Wednesday at 8:11 AM

Lost? Heroes?

by Anonymousreply 3Last Wednesday at 8:13 AM

1) Charlie's Angels: the magic just wasn't there anymore without the ORIGINAL trio....

2) Buck Rogers: ONLY on for 2 seasons, the first season was fun, campy, sexy, homoerotic big time. The second season did a complete reversal of all of this, kept Gil Gerard covered up, his character way more serious, the storylines more serious, got rid of the fun characters (princess ardala), added new annoying characters and became a boring poor man's second rate Star Trek...

by Anonymousreply 4Last Wednesday at 8:17 AM

The Walking Dead

by Anonymousreply 5Last Wednesday at 8:21 AM

Pretty Little Liars. I couldn't turn away from Season One. Season Two was a struggle to get through, and I gave up halfway through Season Three.

by Anonymousreply 6Last Wednesday at 8:22 AM

Revenge was my first thought. They should've just turned it into an anthology series like AHS

by Anonymousreply 7Last Wednesday at 8:24 AM

Bloodline.

by Anonymousreply 8Last Wednesday at 8:25 AM

Angie

by Anonymousreply 9Last Wednesday at 8:25 AM

I'll probably get ff'd to the moon and back for this, but Girls' first season was outstanding. I knew about halfway through the first episode of season 2 that the rest of the show's run wasn't going to match up.

by Anonymousreply 10Last Wednesday at 8:25 AM

Those are literally my first choices as well OP lol

by Anonymousreply 11Last Wednesday at 8:25 AM

Orange is the New Black comes to mind.

by Anonymousreply 12Last Wednesday at 8:26 AM

The L Word. Ilene Chaiken ran characters into the ground in later seasons and changed their personalities somewhat—very inconsistent writing. The first season was groundbreaking, however.

by Anonymousreply 13Last Wednesday at 8:27 AM

The Golden Girls.

by Anonymousreply 14Last Wednesday at 8:29 AM

Black Monday on Showtime. The first season was a wild ride, and while the second had its merits, that should have been the end. They now have a third season and a bigger budget, so they’re shoehorning in 80s songs they couldn’t afford before and stretching out the arcs beyond plausibility (which considering how crazy it was when it started is saying something). It’s not as smart as it thinks it is.

by Anonymousreply 15Last Wednesday at 8:29 AM

"Square Pegs"

by Anonymousreply 16Last Wednesday at 8:30 AM

[quote] "Square Pegs"

Square Pegs only had a single season.

by Anonymousreply 17Last Wednesday at 8:32 AM

"My So-Called Life"

by Anonymousreply 18Last Wednesday at 8:41 AM

True Blood; Enlightened

by Anonymousreply 19Last Wednesday at 8:44 AM

The Facts of Life .

by Anonymousreply 20Last Wednesday at 8:47 AM

^^^ better than too much Molly Ringwald

by Anonymousreply 21Last Wednesday at 8:49 AM

Definitely Mr. Robot. It never eclipsed its first episode. The second season was meh, I’m not sure I finished the series.

by Anonymousreply 22Last Wednesday at 8:49 AM

The reboot of Dragnet with Ed O'Neill.

by Anonymousreply 23Last Wednesday at 8:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!