Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Arizona Seemingly Back To Normal

I've been out to dinner several nights this week in restaurants, dining indoors, and it was refreshing to get "service with a smile" again. No bartenders or servers were wearing masks, nor was anyone else, the restaurant was filled to capacity with a wait, and things seem to be getting back to normal just in time for summer.

How are things where you are?

by Anonymousreply 12June 12, 2021 5:43 PM

Things are normal where I live, except everyone is hiring and service people seem to be rushed all the time, but that makes since.

I like not having to wear a mask, it's hot here and hard to breathe already. Cases overall are dropping which is good to hear for a change. Even in India they're dropping significantly.

by Anonymousreply 1June 9, 2021 4:15 PM

OP is not only the type of person who WWs themselves but also the type of mouth breather who feels it important to exchange names and jokes with servers at restaurants and strangers on airplanes.

by Anonymousreply 2June 9, 2021 4:16 PM

Arizona Covid stats for June 8.2021 :

weekly average positive tests : 451 per day weekly deaths : 12 per day

by Anonymousreply 3June 9, 2021 4:20 PM

That isn’t a good rate, AZ

by Anonymousreply 4June 9, 2021 4:20 PM

South Bend area here, I haven't been to a restaurant but in the stores quite a few people are still wearing masks maybe around 25%, mostly older people but some younger people. I am fully vaccinated and have stopped wearing a mask. I went to Dollar Tree today, sign on the door said absolutely everyone must wear a mask to enter, so I went back to my car and got my mask half the people weren't wearing a mask including the cashiers.

Went to an HOA meeting last night and about the same 25% were wearing a mask.

by Anonymousreply 5June 9, 2021 4:25 PM

Not with that fraudit going on, it ain't.

by Anonymousreply 6June 9, 2021 4:28 PM

Did you have bamboo ballots with your dinner ?

by Anonymousreply 7June 9, 2021 4:56 PM

OP is a major MAGAt.

by Anonymousreply 8June 10, 2021 4:55 PM

Have they stopped the fraudit, have they accepted Biden as president, have they restored the powers to Secretary of State Katie Hobbs if not they are not back to normal.

by Anonymousreply 9June 11, 2021 2:47 PM

I have yet to dine in anywhere in NYC. Looking forward to it when it’s maximum capacity. Is De Blasio still planning on July 1 full re-opening?

by Anonymousreply 10June 11, 2021 4:05 PM

With the more dangerous variants, I'm not sure what's going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 11June 11, 2021 4:06 PM

They’re more transmissible but they’re not more dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 12June 12, 2021 5:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!