Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

If someone came up and slapped you in public

Would you-

by Anonymousreply 17June 9, 2021 9:52 PM

Is he hawt?

by Anonymousreply 1June 9, 2021 3:58 PM

Did I deserve it?

by Anonymousreply 2June 9, 2021 3:59 PM

This happened to me in Madrid. I was sitting on a stoop outside the hotel smoking, and some rando came right up to me and slapped me across the face for no reason. I was so shocked, I couldn't do anything but tell him to fuck off, and then I went inside. It was surreal. I have no idea why he slapped me.

by Anonymousreply 3June 9, 2021 4:01 PM

Take his arm (or hers) and twist it behind their back, immobilize the predator. There is no excuse for this. I suppose that's "hit you back". I believe if someone assaults you you have the right to put them in a defensive position and restrain them.

by Anonymousreply 4June 9, 2021 4:04 PM

LOL - this is such a bizarre question. I went for 'hit them back' but I honestly don't know how I'd react in reality. The only time I can think of when I nearly had to get violent with someone was at a gay bathhouse and a guy kept hitting on me and not taking no for an answer, and I had to pass him in a hallway at one point and he reached out to grab me and I told him to back off and if he tried to touch me again I was going to knock him out. It worked.

by Anonymousreply 5June 9, 2021 4:05 PM

I'd pepper spray them then call the police.

by Anonymousreply 6June 9, 2021 4:06 PM

Call the police. They’ve gotta know they can’t get away with that shit.

by Anonymousreply 7June 9, 2021 4:13 PM

I would hope I would slap them back, but I would probably be so stunned I would do nothing, unless they hung around for me to collect my senses.

Long time ago a good friends girl friend slapped me, she had a habit of just slapping people just because she didn't like what you said, not something offensive but something she didn't like, so I was prepared if she ever slapped me..When she did I grabbed her hand and told her that was her free one, if she ever slapped me again she would be picking her ass up off the ground. She never slapped me again and acted like she was shocked I had challenged her. She was a tiny thing.

by Anonymousreply 8June 9, 2021 4:15 PM

This is a stealth anti-Asian thread

by Anonymousreply 9June 9, 2021 4:19 PM

I'd pull into a parking garage and bawl for twenty minutes.

by Anonymousreply 10June 9, 2021 4:20 PM

Definitely wouldn't call the police if it's a person of color, as they don't deserve to die just for slapping my face. If it was a deplorable, though -- bring on the pigs!

by Anonymousreply 11June 9, 2021 4:21 PM

Sometimes I go out in a dashiki and a Du-rag over my long stringy blond hair. It triggers the urge to slap in others.

by Anonymousreply 12June 9, 2021 4:21 PM

Happened to me. A friend of my partner did it to me at a club. It was so bizarre - I really have no idea why he did it except that he was drunk. I was to stunned and confused to respond for a few seconds - then grabbed him by the shirt and pushed him and said “don’t ever do that again”. I’ve seen him out a few times silence and just ignore him. I assume he was just a crazy drunk,

by Anonymousreply 13June 9, 2021 4:25 PM

I had a friend who was punched it in the face for no reason. Maybe because he looked Muslim...he was not Muslim. Broke his nose. Too many crazy, evil people in the world.

by Anonymousreply 14June 9, 2021 4:42 PM

[quote] I was to stunned and confused

Looks like you still are.

by Anonymousreply 15June 9, 2021 4:49 PM

I will show the other cheek, OP

by Anonymousreply 16June 9, 2021 9:50 PM

Which one?

Heyyyy

by Anonymousreply 17June 9, 2021 9:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!