Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chris Evans on the cover of Newsweek: “I am such an upstanding citizen and goody two shoes!”

I don’t buy this image for a second. Other half of the Gemini is struggling to break free (like another actor’s gigantic tit muscles).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58June 10, 2021 11:57 PM

He says none of those things

by Anonymousreply 1June 9, 2021 3:09 PM

Because he was hired to be in movies due to his physique, he thinks he’s qualified to comment on politics. He’s an arrogant prick.

by Anonymousreply 2June 9, 2021 3:15 PM

One of the things that can help reshape American politics is getting celebrities to shut the fuck up about politics.

by Anonymousreply 3June 9, 2021 3:20 PM

He knows what he's talking about. As opposed to say, Kid Rock, Donald Trump, Ted Nugent or any of the other terrible celebrities right wing r/facists hitch their trailers to

by Anonymousreply 4June 9, 2021 3:21 PM

It’s pretty arrogant to think he, a “Geriatric Millennial” can communicate with Gen Z because .., Captain America? Gen Z is wary enough about Millennials and the woke contingent isn’t exactly asking for an ostensibly straight white man to tell them what to think

by Anonymousreply 5June 9, 2021 3:22 PM

I could give a flying crap what Chris Evans ( or any other celebrity) has to say about politics. He is a awfully handsome though.

by Anonymousreply 6June 9, 2021 3:25 PM

People who shape their political opinions based on what celebrities say are a detriment to society.

by Anonymousreply 7June 9, 2021 3:26 PM

Tell us more about Geminis!

by Anonymousreply 8June 9, 2021 3:28 PM

Chris Evans: “Gen Z, I am here to lead you!”

Gen Z:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 9, 2021 3:33 PM

“Both sides”? See, that’s where he’s wrong. Thinking of politics in binary terms is misrepresentative when it is more like a sphere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 9, 2021 3:36 PM

The man who helped give a whole generation of young men body dysmorphia now wants to tell them about politics.

by Anonymousreply 11June 9, 2021 3:38 PM

Needs to stick to dick pic leaks…

by Anonymousreply 12June 9, 2021 3:40 PM

Young people are one of the few demographics that will admit the truth, “both sidesm” doesn’t work.

by Anonymousreply 13June 9, 2021 3:41 PM

This guy is so bland. He obviously has great PR representation though.

by Anonymousreply 14June 9, 2021 3:57 PM

I will never understand the narrow minded and usually deeply ignorant people who constantly whine that celebrities shouldn't get involved in politics, as if they are just puppets and not people, and they cannot possibly have anything useful to contribute beyond their job. Bizarre to me.

You don't know him, the work and education he's done outside of his acting career, and regardless of that he is using his fame and public platform for a positive thing and you're still trying to tear him down? Fuck all the way back to the gutter, trashbags.

by Anonymousreply 15June 9, 2021 4:02 PM

UKIdiot

by Anonymousreply 16June 9, 2021 4:03 PM

Do goody two shoes smoke?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 9, 2021 4:05 PM

[quote]Other half of the Gemini is struggling to break free ...

OMG, not another superstitious fattard!!!

by Anonymousreply 18June 9, 2021 4:07 PM

It’s all a big PR push for his movies. Insincere AF. But at least he’s not a Trump supporter.

by Anonymousreply 19June 9, 2021 4:09 PM

Well it’s worth a shot just to avoid another Donald trump situation. If it gets more young people voting for their future I’m all for it. He’s not as annoyingly sanctimonious as other celebs.

by Anonymousreply 20June 9, 2021 4:10 PM

Shut up and get naked!

by Anonymousreply 21June 9, 2021 4:14 PM

R11 Yeah. How dare physically fit men exist in this world, right?

by Anonymousreply 22June 9, 2021 4:17 PM

Are celebrities not also citizens? Are they not allowed to have political opinions? Should they be prohibited from advocating for a policy position or a cause? Should politics and advocacy be limited only to anonymous posters on some obscure gay gossip board?

by Anonymousreply 23June 9, 2021 4:23 PM

But it’s most likely spin control on his image r23, in order to promote his project. It’s obvious to me that is exactly what he’s doing.

by Anonymousreply 24June 9, 2021 4:28 PM

[quote] I will never understand the narrow minded and usually deeply ignorant people who constantly whine that celebrities shouldn't get involved in politics,

Don't forget that a lot of these are the same idiots who voted a celebrity into the highest level of office (Trump).

by Anonymousreply 25June 9, 2021 4:30 PM

That’s a wig.

by Anonymousreply 26June 9, 2021 4:40 PM

[quote]But it’s most likely spin control on his image [R23], in order to promote his project. It’s obvious to me that is exactly what he’s doing.

If you read the article, I don't know how you get to that. It doesn't really focus on Evans that much, nor does it offer "spin control on his image". The article is primarily about engaging with Gen Z as a voting block and meeting those young voters where they are via social media outside of Facebook and Twitter (which they are less likely to use). It discusses Evans' "A Starting Point" project as one such platform to reach Gen Z. But it doesn't make him out to be "a goody two shoes" or the savior of American democracy.

I'm just having a hard time understanding why Evans should be demonized, minimized or ridiculed for advocating that politicians take Gen Z seriously and work for their votes. If this project had been started by some unknown person, would it have made it more acceptable to you? Is it just his celebrity that automatically makes it unacceptable?

It's important to get younger voters active as they are more likely to be more progressive in their politics. "But if a celebrity like Chris Evans is leading the charge, fuck that shit."

by Anonymousreply 27June 9, 2021 5:09 PM

It’s more for his own image than it is to “help” young voters. For r27.

by Anonymousreply 28June 9, 2021 5:11 PM

I'd lick his shitter

by Anonymousreply 29June 9, 2021 5:12 PM

Hollywood really is the most narcissistic place on earth.

by Anonymousreply 30June 9, 2021 5:15 PM

How do you get that, R28? I'm asking in all seriousness. Because I don't get that at all.

by Anonymousreply 31June 9, 2021 5:17 PM

He’s no longer A superhero onscreen, but now he’s one offscreen by helping young people with their voting rights...

by Anonymousreply 32June 9, 2021 5:19 PM

Oh, I see. Since he was once a big deal on screen, that forever prohibits him from doing anything that might possibly improve the political environment in the US.

Stay in your lane, Chris. And let they "experts" on some random gay gossip board do the heavy lifting. After all, you can't possibly be more motivated, knowledgeable, or equipped with more resources than a bunch of shut-ins who can't even keep all of their sock puppets straight.

by Anonymousreply 33June 9, 2021 5:25 PM

No one said he had to stay in his lane...he’s free to do what he wants. I do, however, question his sincerity.

by Anonymousreply 34June 9, 2021 5:27 PM

Why do you question his sincerity, R34?

by Anonymousreply 35June 9, 2021 5:31 PM

I question the sincerity of most celebrities when it comes to doing things like this. I don’t think that he is politically savvy enough to do this on his own. His handlers are probably hiring people to help him with this. I can’t believe that he’s doing it out of the goodness of his heart either.

by Anonymousreply 36June 9, 2021 5:36 PM

Well I mean given that 3 in 10 Republicans now believe Trump will be reinstated, I think we can say that a moderating, “both sides” approach is hardly an appropriate response to the current crisis in democracy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 9, 2021 5:36 PM

It’s not who he is it’s who he is not. His family is not rich. His family doesn’t have connections to everyone else trying to be rich.

Chris is a genetically gifted individual who has opinions that rightfully belong only to rich people who are unfortunate looking. He has not experienced the formative incel past of most dork politicians that creates such willfully ignorant tone deaf policy.

He does not have the self interest needed to be taken seriously.

by Anonymousreply 38June 9, 2021 5:40 PM

My personal problem with his sincerity is that this project takes almost no risk and no advocacy, and does not acknowledge that the very real political crisis we are facing is due to the poisonous culture of modern Republicanism. This is the equivalent of those posters of a celebrity advocating reading a book at the library.

by Anonymousreply 39June 9, 2021 5:41 PM

He smokes cigarettes. BLECCH.

That isn't "goody two shoes."

by Anonymousreply 40June 9, 2021 5:43 PM

We have a large number of moron Americans who think that anecdotal evidence, "research" on YouTube or a linked article from a biased, no-name publication that's an OP-ed masquerading as a scientific research written by a wackjob whose lost their credentials and/or been arrested for fraudulent actions as PROOF of whatever they believed before they started looking into the issue so if Chris Evan's wants to create a social media site to help increase media literacy I am ALL FOR IT because we are a nation of social media retards.

by Anonymousreply 41June 9, 2021 5:44 PM

So you question his sincerity not based on any real knowledge of who Chris Evans truly is or what might really motivate him. It's purely a matter of your gut feeling that a celebrity is only motivated by his own celebrity.

To be honest, I couldn't care less about his motivation. If his project can have even a tiny impact on turning this country from the destructive path it's on, it's a good thing and I can get behind it.

by Anonymousreply 42June 9, 2021 5:56 PM

Go right ahead, r42. I won’t.

by Anonymousreply 43June 9, 2021 5:57 PM

[quote] Go right ahead, [R42]. I won’t

...Because I am a petulant toddler who makes decisions not based on evidence. Like my hero Donald Trump.

by Anonymousreply 44June 9, 2021 6:00 PM

So you're anti-turning-things-around and pro-destruction-of-democracy because a celebrity had an idea.

You're also a moron.

by Anonymousreply 45June 9, 2021 6:03 PM

[quote] He’s an arrogant prick.

He HAS an arrogant prick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46June 9, 2021 6:16 PM

[quote] regardless of that he is using his fame and public platform for a positive thing

He could use his fame and public platform to give actual young people, who are more relevant and certainly much smarter, the opportunity to express their views instead of him expressing his. There’s no good reason at all for him to be the one talking, ever, and definitely not about anything important.

by Anonymousreply 47June 9, 2021 8:31 PM

He's not expressing his views with "A Starting Point", R47. It's a non-partisan FACT BASED way of educating young people on the process of our government. Because our country's school system doesn't teach history or civics any longer and so many Americans get their "facts" from tained "news" sources. His personal twitter contains his views on myriad things (and that beautiful cock pic) but ASP is non-partisan.

by Anonymousreply 48June 9, 2021 8:39 PM

Cigarettes?

He's gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49June 9, 2021 8:39 PM

"Hollywood really is the most narcissistic place on earth."

No. That honor belongs to Mar-a-Lago, Florida, where the owner spends three hours every morning getting his hair laid "just right" and putting on his orange makeup.

by Anonymousreply 50June 9, 2021 9:07 PM

His eyes are so fucked up!

What did he do? Have them lifted? Is it a ton of Botox and filler?

He looks so unnatural now.

by Anonymousreply 51June 9, 2021 9:19 PM

Both Chris and his brother Scott have nice pee pees.

by Anonymousreply 52June 9, 2021 10:02 PM

The right wing assclowns can sit down. They picked pussy grabber Trump to set their moral values standard.

Chris Evans is a Saint compared to whatever the right wing has in store which is Kid Rock, My PillowGuy, Scott Baio, Antonio Sabato Jr., etc.

by Anonymousreply 53June 9, 2021 10:06 PM

Chrish Evansh! Hish name hash a nishe ring to it.

by Anonymousreply 54June 9, 2021 10:06 PM

R49 Gay??? No....Scott is gay

by Anonymousreply 55June 10, 2021 3:49 PM

Hot body. Face not so much.

by Anonymousreply 56June 10, 2021 4:19 PM

He skips leg days.

by Anonymousreply 57June 10, 2021 6:05 PM

Here come the astrology queens with their magical thinking.

by Anonymousreply 58June 10, 2021 11:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!