Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I Am Thinking Of Redoing My Kitchen In "Angel Gabriel Blue"

Do you gays think this is a good idea?

by Anonymousreply 16June 11, 2021 5:49 PM

OP your post is useless without pics.

by Anonymousreply 1June 9, 2021 2:58 PM

Only if you wear wings while you wash dishes OP.

by Anonymousreply 2June 9, 2021 2:59 PM

Consult the Vicar

by Anonymousreply 3June 9, 2021 3:00 PM

OP is Delia Wheelwright who stole my response to the other kitchen thread. People who pretend to be original and superior on here make it so much more difficult for those of us who really are.

by Anonymousreply 4June 9, 2021 3:01 PM

You may become so relaxed that you fall headfirst into your soup . . . and DROWN!!!!

by Anonymousreply 5June 9, 2021 3:02 PM

r3

She made the vicar take off his shoes

by Anonymousreply 6June 9, 2021 8:50 PM

r4

I'll teach her to call my kiwifruit "lower middle class"

by Anonymousreply 7June 11, 2021 3:23 PM

I did mine last year in Hyper Blue. And my kitchen recently was profiled in my local paper in an article about the emergence of blue in home decorations.

by Anonymousreply 8June 11, 2021 3:41 PM

Blue? In a house?

by Anonymousreply 9June 11, 2021 3:43 PM

R8, I’d love to see it if you have a picture.

by Anonymousreply 10June 11, 2021 3:54 PM

R10, the color is similar to the "Colored Cabinetry" shown here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 11, 2021 4:05 PM

OP, I’m afraid you’ll aim for Angel Gabriel Blue and settle for cornflower blue. It’s two short steps to wooden ducks with ribbons around their necks, sincere ceiling border paper, and naked pine occasional tables.

Soon, you’ll hang “stained glass” figurines in your window via suction cups.

I can sense the decay of your reproductive system from here.

by Anonymousreply 12June 11, 2021 4:16 PM

Will the ceiling and cabinet doors be adorned with frescoes & gilded cherub statuary?

OP = Liberace From Beyond The Grave

by Anonymousreply 13June 11, 2021 4:40 PM

R11, I had French blue kitchen cabinets in one place, and delft wallpaper and dishes in another (I know, I know). The French blue cabinets I liked and could have lived with a while longer. The delft was too busy after a while. I even got rid of the dishes after a while. I really liked them for a while, but suddenly I was just sick of them and gave them away.

There’s an interior decorator, Maria Killiam, who talks about this a lot. Basically, she says keep it plain when it comes to fixed surfaces in the house, because you’ll get sick of it or it will go out of style. At first I thought that was boring and awful, but I kept reading her columns showing examples and she converted me somewhat. What she would say is, keep the fixed surfaces pretty solid colored, then add color with painted walls or pictures or things you can change out or paint over.

I think the reason I liked the French blue better is, it’s a color that goes with a lot of other colors, so you can bring the intensity up or down. And I’m a person that likes bright colors. It was this color, but shaker style, not so country looking. And no patterns. I would never pick this for myself, but it was nice.

I’ve seen deep olive greens or other greens work well in a kitchen too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 11, 2021 5:18 PM

R14 The blue you show here is elegant. It is greyed. down. The color palate is limited, the whole effect is neutral .

The blue at R11 is garish in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 15June 11, 2021 5:28 PM

Here’s a greyed down green that would be nice with earth tones or even some brights.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 11, 2021 5:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!