Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I love Dinosaur History especially Dinosaurs of Australia.

Anyone else love dinosaurs?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 9, 2021 7:26 PM

You've got to give it to Australia. Even during Pangea their animals were more terrifying than everywhere else's.

by Anonymousreply 1June 9, 2021 7:05 AM

I wanna see dinasaurs!

by Anonymousreply 2June 9, 2021 7:07 AM

R1 agreed!

by Anonymousreply 3June 9, 2021 7:09 AM

At some point nearly every child is given that package of assorted plastic dinosaurs and this forever shapes his image of prehistory. Even as adults most never realize there was no overlap between them as one would be extinct millions of years before the next evolved

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 9, 2021 8:05 AM

What's special about the Dinosaurs of Australia?

by Anonymousreply 5June 9, 2021 8:46 AM

R5 Australia had the largest dinosaur in the world. The article explains it.

by Anonymousreply 6June 9, 2021 10:09 AM

[quote]Anyone else love dinosaurs?

Don't get me started about Ghidorah, the Three Headed Monster.

by Anonymousreply 7June 9, 2021 10:24 AM

"Australia’s largest dinosaur yet spanned the length of 2 buses"

I want to see photos of the dinosaur next to those two buses.

by Anonymousreply 8June 9, 2021 10:26 AM

I do! There are lots found here in Alberta 🇨🇦

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 9, 2021 10:27 AM

That article doesn't say that they are the largest dinosaurs, just the largest in Australia.

I wondered how they got there. But the article says they may have come from South America via Antarctica (which was attached to Australia) or island hoping from Asia.

by Anonymousreply 10June 9, 2021 1:52 PM

R10 yes sorry, I meant, the new Australian dinosaur is one of the largest dinosaurs ever found. Definitely not the largest though.

Yeah something like that. Australia was most likely joined to many different places before it split off due to natural disasters etc.

by Anonymousreply 11June 9, 2021 1:59 PM

[quote]Australia was most likely joined to many different places before it split off due to natural disasters etc.

Land masses are always in a constant process of movement and transformation. I wasn't taught about plate tectonics or really much of anything about geology in school and I'm guessing it's still like that. Earth science even more than evolution points out the absurdity of belief in a hands-on Abrahamic God.

by Anonymousreply 12June 9, 2021 2:20 PM

Satan the Deceiver planted those evil "fossils" to tempt Man into doubting our Lord! Don't fall for it!

I rebuke thee, Satan!

The Earth is only 6,000 years old!

'MURICA!

by Anonymousreply 13June 9, 2021 2:24 PM

R13 yes they definitely think that. Heard that so many times in my religious household.

by Anonymousreply 14June 9, 2021 2:31 PM

R12 I'm agnostic, but definitely side with science more than religious beliefs.

by Anonymousreply 15June 9, 2021 2:33 PM

Love that "weighs 1400 red kangaroos" bit. Is that how Aussies measure weight? How many red kangaroos does the average adult male Australian weigh?

by Anonymousreply 16June 9, 2021 4:30 PM

[quote]How many red kangaroos does the average Datalounger weigh?

by Anonymousreply 17June 9, 2021 5:28 PM

I love all dinasours, great and small.

by Anonymousreply 18June 9, 2021 7:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!