Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Psychic John Edward

Was this guy ever proven to be a fraud like his peer Sylvia Browne?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44June 10, 2021 7:17 AM

Nope. Real deal.

by Anonymousreply 1June 9, 2021 4:22 AM

He’s smarter than Sylvia was. He doesn’t do predictions or say where to find missing people. He only rattles off random shit until someone thinks they connect with it, and then he tells them their dead loved ones are looking over them. He rarely says anything that one could verify as true or false with certainty.

by Anonymousreply 2June 9, 2021 4:34 AM

He would have staff roaming the crowds waiting to get into his shows. Asking questions ("Do you think John might pick you for a reading? Who are you hoping to contact?" etc) and eavesdropping on conversations to get some basic information that he could relay on stage.

by Anonymousreply 3June 9, 2021 4:41 AM

Fraud’s such a harsh word. Carny-Mind-Ride-Operator?

by Anonymousreply 4June 9, 2021 4:49 AM

Frontal-Cortex-3 Card- Monte?

by Anonymousreply 5June 9, 2021 4:58 AM

Being psychic is his truth so we must accept it.

by Anonymousreply 6June 9, 2021 5:02 AM

Marco Polo-With-Your-Emotions?

by Anonymousreply 7June 9, 2021 5:09 AM

He's a typical cold reader. Once you know how they operate, you'll recognize cold readers when you see them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 9, 2021 5:16 AM

He dropped out (ran out) before the heat really got on him. Classic. Old school readers moved from town to town in the old days.

He's got the 'rona to further his excuse but. for $850 you still can get a private reading.

I'm sure part of that money you pay out is his cost of Google and a friend of his that does private detective work.

by Anonymousreply 9June 9, 2021 5:24 AM

Who is he? No, really, who?

by Anonymousreply 10June 9, 2021 5:58 AM

Did he predict when his show would go off the air?

by Anonymousreply 11June 9, 2021 2:30 PM

R10, who is she? Who was she? Who does she hope to be?

by Anonymousreply 12June 9, 2021 2:37 PM

A lot of these people start off as actual psychics but then become greedy or whatever and they lose their abilities so have to do things to make them seem relevant.

by Anonymousreply 13June 9, 2021 2:38 PM

No hon R13. No they don’t.

by Anonymousreply 14June 9, 2021 2:50 PM

Homophobe

by Anonymousreply 15June 9, 2021 2:53 PM

I remember that he was Larry King's guest the day before 9/11. Absolutely no one saw it coming.

by Anonymousreply 16June 9, 2021 2:56 PM

[Quote] rattles off random shit until someone thinks they connect with it,

Same as astrology. Read all the horoscopes of one day and you'll find they are all true for you.

by Anonymousreply 17June 9, 2021 4:24 PM

^No. You can’t judge systems of astrology based on your experiences with your USA Today subscription.

by Anonymousreply 18June 9, 2021 7:42 PM

R18 Oh yeah? Your charts from your Cthulhu Times system are better?

by Anonymousreply 19June 9, 2021 9:16 PM

I'm not a big believer in the paranormal or astrology, but I must say I read a book once on my sign, birthdate, and birth location that was very specific to me. I read other birthdates and locations to see if it was just general, but they didn't apply to me at all. It was eerie. Maybe there's something to it, but I don't give it much credence.

by Anonymousreply 20June 9, 2021 11:26 PM

Total fraud. Can't remember now who investigated him, Dateline or something similar -- but they found after people bought tickets (MONTHS in advance), his team would send out 'ordinary' folk, who happened to run out of gas, or need to use their phone for one reason or another. During that innocent interchange, that of course audience members would've completely forgotten about) they'd ask if they were born in said town, or where they grew up, and would notice family pics on the wall -- ask about kids, etc., -- basically fishing for INFORMATION THAT EDWARDS WOULD USE ON HIS SHOW 3-4 months later.

It was ALL A SCAM.

by Anonymousreply 21June 9, 2021 11:41 PM

[quote] He would have staff roaming the crowds waiting to get into his shows.

The entire audience was mic’ed and they would listen in before shows when people would often be having conversations about the person they wanted to talk to or something going on in their lives.

The rest was cold reading and the show was selectively edited to hide his misses.

by Anonymousreply 22June 9, 2021 11:45 PM

I predicted 911. I thought something horrible was going to happen to me or someone I loved and just felt a huge sense of dread on September 10th 2001.

by Anonymousreply 23June 9, 2021 11:45 PM

[quote] I predicted 911. I thought something horrible was going to happen to me or someone I loved and just felt a huge sense of dread on September 10th 2001.

Sure, Jan. It's easy to say you predicted something after the fact. Tell us where and when the next big disaster will be, and then maybe we'll believe you if it pans out.

by Anonymousreply 24June 9, 2021 11:48 PM

True psychic ability happens spontaneously.

by Anonymousreply 25June 9, 2021 11:58 PM

Does this one go in for nice haircuts too?

by Anonymousreply 26June 10, 2021 12:02 AM

I wouldn't call him a fraud. I'd call him a con man.

by Anonymousreply 27June 10, 2021 12:08 AM

There's a reason you never see him on TV anymore. He may still be doing his little shows, but his time in the spotlight is long gone.

Anyone who thinks he's anything but a fraud is too dumb to live on their own.

by Anonymousreply 28June 10, 2021 12:11 AM

What about that little blond Twinkie one that always has his mom drive him there?

by Anonymousreply 29June 10, 2021 12:14 AM

Debbie Gibson mentioned she had a piano key from Liberace's piano in her purse when she was in an audience to see John Edward.

He said, "I know this sounds strange, but did someone bring a piano with them here? I keep getting a piano."

by Anonymousreply 30June 10, 2021 12:18 AM

I have heard he is the real deal, but James Van Pragh is a sheister.

by Anonymousreply 31June 10, 2021 12:21 AM

I love how the psychic business started out as a fraud, but eventually people starting saying, well, I think this one might be the real thing.

by Anonymousreply 32June 10, 2021 12:26 AM

But what does he say about Harry and Meghan? What does he say?

by Anonymousreply 33June 10, 2021 12:29 AM

I had one possibly psychic moment. I was studying for the bar, enrolled in a bar review course that also included someone who graduated a year before me from the same high school. We went to different colleges & law schools, so our only association was a very casual one from high school. This particular evening class I noticed he had just had his hair cut. As I looked at him, I kept thinking he looked like something bad could happen to him. I had never had that thought about anyone. And not since. The next day, I turned on the local news & could see my high school acquaintance on the ledge of a smoke-filled upper floor of a high-rise office building. A disgruntled client of the law firm at which he was clerking caused set off the fire, & started shooting, killing another clerk (who I also casually knew), while paralyzing a partner. The guy I knew survived, but obviously suffered a great calamity.

by Anonymousreply 34June 10, 2021 12:30 AM

Christ, I hope like the suicide roommate that gets you an A for the semester after something like that I hope they just pass for the bar.

by Anonymousreply 35June 10, 2021 12:32 AM

While I do believe a few people are truly psychic, occasionally, they're not so much psychic as they are incredibly observant.

Sometimes there are truly coincidences.

by Anonymousreply 36June 10, 2021 3:24 AM

I have dreams about small things in my life that happen. They are usually truly insignificant things though and don’t affect me. Like for example one was a co worker calling in sick. They aren’t frequently absent so it was odd. I had the dream at like 3 am and they called in that morning.

by Anonymousreply 37June 10, 2021 3:34 AM

James Van Praagh -WHET to that queen?

by Anonymousreply 38June 10, 2021 3:38 AM

Or Chip Coffey

by Anonymousreply 39June 10, 2021 3:41 AM

I don't know, r38. How much money did he make off Ghost Whisperer?

by Anonymousreply 40June 10, 2021 3:45 AM

James Van Pragh and John Edward make more money from private readings and corporate events than they did from their TV shows

by Anonymousreply 41June 10, 2021 3:46 AM

Scammers

by Anonymousreply 42June 10, 2021 3:56 AM

Is John Edward gay?

by Anonymousreply 43June 10, 2021 3:58 AM

Cut or uncut?

by Anonymousreply 44June 10, 2021 7:17 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!