Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The right wing media and repub party is making a thing out of Kamala not going to the US/Mexico border

I know she'll go eventually but shouldn't she just do it to shut them up? Obviously it's more symbolic and she's rightfully focusing more on the issues that cause the border crisis. The problem is we know in the right wing world, facts and logic do not matter. Some repub congressmen even have daily updates on their social media about how many days she's been VP and not going to the border (she has been when she was a senator). I fear it'll be the new idiotic rallying cry for the midterms so I hope Kamala goes soon

At the same time, you know some idiots in the mainstream media will be all too willing to keep asking Kamala why she hasn't been to the border yet as VP.

Again the causes for the border crisis matter much more but the symbolism of going to the border is something that a lot of idiotic voters would care about.

by Anonymousreply 80June 9, 2021 11:18 PM

They Repiglicans are trying so hard to pin something on Biden/Harris they are throwing the kitchen sink and hoping it sticks. Just because the Deplorables are stupid and believe everything out of Orange Shitler’s mouth doesn’t mean that the majority of Americans will.

by Anonymousreply 1June 8, 2021 7:41 PM

R1 but if the media focuses on it they can create something out of nothing which is what they're very good at doing. Look what they did to Hillary

by Anonymousreply 2June 8, 2021 7:51 PM

She gave out cookies with her face on them like she thinks she's GOD or something like that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 8, 2021 7:54 PM

Why does Kamala need to go to the border? What's that going to solve? She needs to push immigration reform, not do a field trip.

by Anonymousreply 4June 8, 2021 7:54 PM

R4 the right wing claims without going to the border she can't claim she knows what is going on there.

Again handling the issues behind what causes the border issue is the key but the repubs like the flashy object and symbolism of being at the border. Fox has basically camped out there to exaggerate and inflame things in recent months

It shouldn't be this way but right wing media has proven to be very effective at crafting false narratives and then rallying enough moderates/independents behind it to trouble Democrats

by Anonymousreply 5June 8, 2021 7:58 PM

No matter what she does, it will be the wrong thing according to the Talibangelical Right, and their Fox "noise-machine news", and the evil Republicans in Congress. She could go to Tijuana, and they'll say she should have gone to Laredo. She'd go to Laredo and they would say she should have gone to Juarez or Nogales. There's no way to "win" this. They all are talking from the same page, because it's arranged ahead of time.

by Anonymousreply 6June 8, 2021 8:30 PM

I still don’t get what the point of her coming to the border would be.

Just stand around and look at what, exactly?

She’s actually in Mexico, talking to leaders there. She went to Guatemala.

Fuck all those asshole repigs.

I heard the Biden admin was going to sue TX for the stupid, unenforceable laws that hot wheels supposedly signed into law.

by Anonymousreply 7June 8, 2021 9:13 PM

Rupert Murdoch makes up lies every single day then spreads them around the world with his media empire. Get caught one day do it twice the next day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 8, 2021 9:19 PM

[quote] No matter what she does, it will be the wrong thing according to the Talibangelical Right, and their Fox "noise-machine news", and the evil Republicans in Congress.

This is very true. The same is true about the left regarding Trump and the Republicans (though Trump rarely did anything right as a matter of fact.) The point is that too many people pick a side and are all black and white rather than exercise critical thinking and forming their own conclusions.

by Anonymousreply 9June 8, 2021 9:22 PM

Do people not realize that it doesn’t matter what Democrats do or don’t do? Republicans will always complain. Unless a former whore travels to the Mexican border in 5 inch heels and a “I don’t really care” jacket. Then it’s just “perfect” and “beautiful”.

by Anonymousreply 10June 8, 2021 9:22 PM

[quote] I still don’t get what the point of her coming to the border would be. Just stand around and look at what, exactly?

There are different reports as to what’s going on. A presidential administration should be looking up close at a crisis. It’s like the kids in cages thing. People who are affected by what goes on at the border - it means a lot to them. After Democrats trashed Trump over his border wall, the least they can do is go and look for themselves. Kamala really fucked get self over with this one. It’s such an easy thing to do. A great photo op. I don’t know what she was/is thinking.

by Anonymousreply 11June 8, 2021 9:25 PM

R10, regardless of what they think, and you’re right about them, she should be there. There is no reason for her not to. It’s a serious situation. It would take two seconds. Now she’s got the Right and far left progressives after her.

by Anonymousreply 12June 8, 2021 9:26 PM

[quote] Kamala really fucked get self over with this one. It’s such an easy thing to do. A great photo op. I don’t know what she was/is thinking.

How did she fuck herself over exactly? It's not like the ones complaining would suddenly become Kamala supporters if only she made a stop at the border.

by Anonymousreply 13June 8, 2021 9:26 PM

She shot the open border Republican talking point down so now they have to clutch their pearls because she hasn’t done a border field trip. When she does go, they will ask what took so long and claim that she’s only doing it for a photo op. They will make a scandal out of anything.

by Anonymousreply 14June 8, 2021 9:27 PM

She should go so it looks like they are actively dealing with the problem and not avoiding it.

by Anonymousreply 15June 8, 2021 9:29 PM

They are looking to make Harris into Hillary 2.0 now that they realize that Biden is fairly teflon and they can't make things stick on him.

by Anonymousreply 16June 8, 2021 9:30 PM

Why the sudden pressure for her to visit the border? I don't trust a single one of those fuckers; Vice President Harris could be walking into a trap. Didn't Air Force Two have some mechanical problem last week?

by Anonymousreply 17June 8, 2021 9:35 PM

Frank Bruni had a column last week in the NYT about how they are all over Kamala

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 8, 2021 9:40 PM

How can they pick on her so much? She's been sort of out of sight until this trip.

by Anonymousreply 19June 8, 2021 9:42 PM

R9, no. That both sides argument doesn't work.

by Anonymousreply 20June 8, 2021 9:48 PM

Biden undid Trump's' remain in Mexico' policy which was actually effective and when thousands arrived daily he threw Harris under the bus to take care of it.

by Anonymousreply 21June 8, 2021 9:48 PM

[quote] That both sides argument doesn't work.

You don't see that there are both conservatives and liberals who mindless accept whatever their party does, right or wrong? It definitely happens on both sides.

by Anonymousreply 22June 8, 2021 9:52 PM

Concern troll thread is concerned and trolly. OP sedated for hysteria. R21 milkshaked for dumbassery. R22 spanked for stupidity. Thread now closed.

by Anonymousreply 23June 8, 2021 9:54 PM

What she is supposed to go to the border like Ted Cruz in flak jacket?? Fuck them

by Anonymousreply 24June 8, 2021 9:55 PM

R24, I am sure she could borrow Melania's jacket. It's a stupid argument, and no, Democrats are not known to blindly follow their leaders, as we are known to eat our own. Have you heard of Al Franken? I won't be upset over anything a Democrat does for a long time after seeing what Trump and his minions did in those long 4 years.

by Anonymousreply 25June 8, 2021 10:03 PM

She just told Guatemala to stay home. (no, really, she did.) Couldn't the inbred knuckle-dragging boomers be happy with that?

by Anonymousreply 26June 8, 2021 10:05 PM

Oh so getting upset about her terrorism against black men is right wing?

by Anonymousreply 27June 8, 2021 10:07 PM

All presidential (or vice-presidential) travel to crisis or disaster locations is theater. That doesn’t excuse her for not going, especially since its because she doesn’t want to be seen where the border crisis that started this year is occurring.

by Anonymousreply 28June 8, 2021 10:12 PM

R23 must be 1 of the posters here who thought Hillary was guaranteed to win in 2016. I am a big Kamala fan and want her to be the next president after Biden whether he serves just 1 or 2 terms. So I want her to minimize as many repub talking points as she can. As I said, handling the causes for the border problem are much more important than a photo op at the border but I think she should also go down there soon to shut down the "why isn't she going there?" talking point. If you don't think the repubs, right wing media and willing idiots in mainstream media can't make a scandal out of this, you're really delusional. The right wing operatives are experts at creating a scandal out of nothing

by Anonymousreply 29June 8, 2021 10:13 PM

Now they are so desperate that they are projecting their own racism onto Hunter Biden for using a word that he has earned the right to use and they have not.

by Anonymousreply 30June 8, 2021 10:23 PM

if this was Trump or Pence not going to the border you'd all be screaming how he's being xenophobic

by Anonymousreply 31June 8, 2021 10:27 PM

Only deplorable crackers care about the word n i g g e r anymore. Hunter Biden has earned the right to use it.

by Anonymousreply 32June 8, 2021 10:33 PM

[quote] if this was Trump or Pence not going to the border you'd all be screaming how he's being xenophobic

That's because racism is only racist when Republicans do it. What makes racism racism is who is doing something, not the thing they do.

by Anonymousreply 33June 8, 2021 10:34 PM

[quote]if this was Trump or Pence not going to the border you'd all be screaming how he's being xenophobic

After 4 years of running the White House as a combination money laundering operation/whorehouse that's what you've decided would piss us off?

Smarter trolls, please.

by Anonymousreply 34June 8, 2021 10:36 PM

Deplorables getting upset because Hunter Biden has earned the right to say n i g g e r and these racist honkies have not:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35June 8, 2021 10:38 PM

^^^ I don't think any non-whites have "earned" the right to use the n word

by Anonymousreply 36June 8, 2021 10:45 PM

***non-blacks

by Anonymousreply 37June 8, 2021 10:46 PM

Blackness is earned through support for progressive policies and politicians, R37, and thus by proxy so is the right to use the word n i g g e r.

by Anonymousreply 38June 8, 2021 10:59 PM

It's okay to say n i g g e r.

It's not okay to be a rethug.

by Anonymousreply 39June 8, 2021 10:59 PM

Attacking black women is ALWAYS a winning strategy in today's Republiqunt party. Wash/Rinse/Repeat.

Nasty women, ANGRY, stupid

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 8, 2021 11:02 PM

Those words would not be racist coming out of the mouth of Joe Biden, R40.

by Anonymousreply 41June 8, 2021 11:05 PM

[quote]because she doesn’t want to be seen where the border crisis that started this year

1. The "border crisis" did not start this year. It has been ongoing for decades. Rightwing complaints verify this fact.

2.If Kamala didn't want to be seen, she wouldn't have gone to Guatemala and told them to stay there, or Mexico to meet with their political leaders and telling them to tell their own people to stay there.

3. Going to the border no more helps the situation than doing what Trump did, which was to stand in front of his failed, half-assed wall and whine. In fact, not going probably helps the situation, because then we don't have to spend all the money necessary to protect her (from rightwing zealots, mostly) and instead spend it on solving the problem.

[quote]Biden undid Trump's' remain in Mexico' policy which was actually effective and when thousands arrived daily he threw Harris under the bus to take care of it.

1. Trump's "remain in Mexico" policy was actually not at all effective — in fact, it was an unmitigated disaster — as evidenced by the deluge of refugees and record undocumented immigration throughout his "presidency".

2. Biden did not "throw Harris under the bus." He tasked her with immigration policy because that's what Presidents do: delegate to someone they trust and follow through to ensure success. Trump would not know this, or how to do this, nor does he know how to delegate and follow through.

We finally have a capable, smart and effective government that is working toward solving one of the most complex issues we face. and the political right can't stand the fact that we're making progress. It doesn't matter the issue, nor do results matter; in the rightwing bubble, the only thing that matters is hating on Democrats, and sacrificing human lives (which they claim to hold so dear) is acceptable if they get to talk smack. They sure as hell didn't care about the people dying at the border for 4 years, even when their first whore showed up revealing the truth of their policy and practice on her back.

by Anonymousreply 42June 8, 2021 11:10 PM

I just watched her press conference. She is soooo not ready for primetime. She didn't know any of the particulars the journalists were asking about, just tried to come up with platitudes to hide the fact she didn't do her homework.

Biden should have picked Klobuchar. Fuck you, Clyburn and Joy Reid.

by Anonymousreply 43June 8, 2021 11:33 PM

That's our nigga!

by Anonymousreply 44June 8, 2021 11:34 PM

Rather liked Kamala's response when Lester Holt asked her why she didn't go to the border: "I didn't go to Europe yet either. I don't understand why you're asking me that question."

by Anonymousreply 45June 8, 2021 11:36 PM

Because Europe tried to get rid of all the n i g g e r s.

by Anonymousreply 46June 8, 2021 11:38 PM

R23 You think Biden/Harris have a better plan? 'Remain in Mexico' made Mexico responsible for the thousands who trekked through Mexico to get to the US. Now it's worse than ever and Harris doesn't have a response R45 let alone a feasible plan. just like the border, this thread isn't closed.

by Anonymousreply 47June 8, 2021 11:39 PM

Gee, I don’t know maybe if Harris was from one of the border states she might have a better idea of what is going on with the border issue. Lordy be, she is from a border state she probably has a better idea of what is going than someone who spends more time getting to the border than they actually spend on the border.

by Anonymousreply 48June 8, 2021 11:39 PM

^^^ California is a border state

by Anonymousreply 49June 8, 2021 11:41 PM

Full of people who hate the South because that's where all the n i g g e r s be at.

by Anonymousreply 50June 8, 2021 11:43 PM

Maybe she should form a committee and appoint members from both parties to go with her so they can discuss things once they return.

Put the GOP in a position to fail right along with me if the press is going to play fucked up games. And I'd be sure to take my own crew to document anything that goes on down there.

by Anonymousreply 51June 8, 2021 11:55 PM

R51 Isn't the reason she doesn't go to the border is that it will bring attention to the shitstorm that the border is? Just like her response @ R45, her trip to Guatemala is a diversion.

by Anonymousreply 52June 9, 2021 12:04 AM

Remember the Bi partisan immigration bill that PASSED the SENATE but the Republiqunts wouldn't bring it to a vote?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53June 9, 2021 12:24 AM

What the republican plan for ANY goddamn motherfucking thing?

Whine like a bitch and suck Donald's dick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 9, 2021 12:26 AM

[quote] They are looking to make Harris into Hillary 2.0

R16 but she is too dumb and too lazy to be a worthy 2.0

by Anonymousreply 55June 9, 2021 12:33 AM

[quote]Whine like a bitch and suck Donald's dick.

[bold]ANTIFA!!![/bold]. You forgot about defending good white Christian folk against [bold]ANTIFA!![/bold]

by Anonymousreply 56June 9, 2021 12:40 AM

[quote] I know she'll go eventually but shouldn't she just do it to shut them up?

Democrats don't need to one single god-damned thing to appease those Republican fucktards. Those Refukks should be busy cleaning their own house and wondering why they've become the party of QAnon and traitors storming the Capitol Building.

by Anonymousreply 57June 9, 2021 12:43 AM

Doesn't matter r53.

Chances are if she forms a committee and appoint members to go to the border with her the GOP would mostly likely refuse to go. Under those circumstances Kamala could say that she needs the GOP members to go so that a consensus can be reached and if they refuse to go there is no point in anyone going. Problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 58June 9, 2021 12:44 AM

[quote] You don't see that there are both conservatives and liberals who mindless accept whatever their party does, right or wrong? It definitely happens on both sides.

That's true. I get into arguments with people on both sides of the political spectrum all the time. However, I find that conservatives are more open minded. Why is that while conservatives are more progressive on social issues than previous generations, there is still more polarization than any time in modern history?

by Anonymousreply 59June 9, 2021 12:46 AM

[quote] Why is that while conservatives are more progressive on social issues

Like hell they are. They keep getting worse and worse.

by Anonymousreply 60June 9, 2021 12:48 AM

^It's because both sides used to agree on issues like immigration.

by Anonymousreply 61June 9, 2021 12:48 AM

Just like OBAMA, the number one goal is to NOT GIVE A FUCKING INCH on anything. Never ever agree with anything Biden says even if it's "water is wet", accuse him of ignoring ice and steam.

All repubiqunt children should be kidnapped and raped and their faces should be fed to Hillary and Eczema or whatever her name is.

by Anonymousreply 62June 9, 2021 12:59 AM

Yes, the democrats didn't give an inch when it came to crime reform (they wanted to defund police), when Trump suggested background checks, it didn't go far enough, when he talked about DACA, he was "using immigrants as pawns", when he did remain in Mexico policy, it was "racist", and on and on the list goes. The Democrats never give an inch on anything. Someone like her could never have been mainstreamed in American politics, let alone get all this ridiculously lavish press coverage. So your solution R62 is to do more of the same? Just accept half the country don't want to be governed by Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 63June 9, 2021 1:05 AM

Someone like AOC ^

by Anonymousreply 64June 9, 2021 1:06 AM

And all this partisan gridlock means is that nothing ever gets accomplished.

by Anonymousreply 65June 9, 2021 1:07 AM

[quote]One host says Kamala is "what happens when you choose your vice president based on gender and skin color rather than talent," gets called mean by Geraldo, doubles down on it, and then teases a segment about critical race theory.

(fun fact: Fox News has brought up critical race theory 550 times in the past 7 months)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66June 9, 2021 1:26 AM

Critical Race Theory = Science, history, anthropology, sociology.

Evolution tells us that the best thing we could do to advance is to dispose of mental defectives.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67June 9, 2021 2:39 AM

BG said a while ago that Kamala believes the border is a disaster and she doesn't want to go anywhere near it because of the optics. There is a very good chance she could be President or running for President. She does not want to be associated with the border crisis in any way despite the role she has.

by Anonymousreply 68June 9, 2021 3:59 AM

R42 your points are not well taken since Biden's lifting the remain in Mexico policy resulted in the surge that started in February with thousands coming everyday. More than in any administration. Since Biden was the one who rescinded that policy he ought to address it. And neither Comma-La or the Old Coot display intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 69June 9, 2021 4:29 AM

R23/R69: Thread closed, racist cunt. No one here buys your act and everyone knows you're lying.

R29: Concern troll is concerned and still stuck in 2016. Pathetic. No one here buys your act and everyone knows you're lying.

by Anonymousreply 70June 9, 2021 2:44 PM

[quote]if this was Trump or Pence not going to the border you'd all be screaming how he's being xenophobic

This doesn't make any sense because his entire presidency was Wall Wall WALL WALL [bold] WALL! WALL! [/bold] so he was always going there for attention stunts. The only time we got close to screaming about it was when he went after the coup attempt and a few people thought he might be making a run for the border, for real and not a euphemistic Taco Bell run for the border.

by Anonymousreply 71June 9, 2021 2:55 PM

[quote]Smarter trolls, please.

I know, for a buck ninety-nine a month I expect trolls who aren't still using training wheels, at a minimum.

by Anonymousreply 72June 9, 2021 2:56 PM

R72: Honey, please. This is the 10 cent army, a dime a holler. The Mercers, Kochs, Russians and Chinese are not sending their best.

by Anonymousreply 73June 9, 2021 2:58 PM

R70 is the "Democrats don't need to worry about anything" troll and clearly has no clue of how evil but effective right wing media is. Instead will call everyone a "concern troll". Got it, you're useless

by Anonymousreply 74June 9, 2021 4:04 PM

R70 Mary, you're just like that kooky cackler Kamala; you so ineffective and have said and achieved nothing despite your trolling.

by Anonymousreply 75June 9, 2021 4:25 PM

i thought Kamala was decent in her presser in Mexico..her answer about women I thought was good. She is a little shaky but she will get the hang of it.

by Anonymousreply 76June 9, 2021 9:23 PM

R49, your act is too thick, troll. You’ve now said the n-word 50 times on 10 different threads. I just wonder how long it’s going to take for you to get a red ID number assigned.

by Anonymousreply 77June 9, 2021 10:31 PM

[quote] Smarter trolls, please.

They're awful. Truly the worst. I suppose the cream of the crop trolls get assigned to plum assignments like the New York Times comments section, but I would expect that we could get at least get the C- or D-list teams, not the Z-list trolls who always trip over themselves with poor grammar and bad geography. It's rather insulting.

by Anonymousreply 78June 9, 2021 10:43 PM

R16 is right. This is all about the long game. Biden is very popular and pretty much untouchable. Kamala isn't and her ratings are 20 percent lower than Biden's and below water. The GOP is out to weaken the national reputation of up and coming Democrat. As a biracial woman from California who's also the daughter of immigrants, Kamala is easy for the GOP to demonize as everything their base fears. Throw in her being too moderate for the Left, the GOP see a potential squeeze play if she runs for president.

This is also what's behind the recall vote being pushed on California for Gavin Newsom. That one's going to backfire though. Gavin's got that Teflon thing going.

by Anonymousreply 79June 9, 2021 11:12 PM

Ann Coulter is a homophobic tranny-looking bitchcunt. Who cares what she thinks? Is it 2003 again all of a sudden?

by Anonymousreply 80June 9, 2021 11:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!