Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ricky Martin worries that being gay is stopping him from getting acting work

Martin received an Emmy nomination in 2018, but said he'd be "really sad" if being gay has led to a lack of roles since then

Ricky Martin has spoken out about the “disappointing” lack of acting roles available to him and whether being gay is having an impact on his career.

The Grammy-winning singer is also an Emmy-nominated actor, praised for his starring role in 2018’s The Assassination of Gianni Versace and with appearances on Glee, General Hospital, and Broadway’s Les Misérables and Evita.

But in an interview with People, Martin, 49, said he would be “really sad” if his sexuality had led to a relative drought in acting roles in recent years.

“I love acting. I’m waiting for those scripts, for those great scripts,” he said. “I can play gay, I can play straight, I can play a serial killer. I can play Latin, but I can also play European. I am ready. Just give it to me, man. Give it to me.”

Martin said he wants to “tell a story” and “change the way people see life in general towards some more optimistic way.”

However, he recalled a conversation with a music executive a few years ago, who told Martin that he would have sold more records if he hadn’t come out as gay in 2010.

The Puerto Rican native is one of the best-selling Latin music artists of all time, with more than 70 million records sold.

However, while Martin said the executive was later fired, the comment “really affected me…. It hit me hard.”

He then questioned if that same attitude was preventing him from being considered for acting roles.

“I don’t know if I’m not getting parts because I’m gay,” he said. “But if that’s the case, it’s really sad. I’m going to keep working until life is different.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144June 13, 2021 11:44 AM

He's going to be accuse of complaining when he's not.

by Anonymousreply 1June 8, 2021 5:36 PM

Aw. Ricky is sweet. And still attractive.

But who wants to be the one to tell him? Gurl, you are a TERRIBLE actor.

by Anonymousreply 2June 8, 2021 5:37 PM

*accused

by Anonymousreply 3June 8, 2021 5:37 PM

Girl is as delusional as his putorican sister j.ho.

by Anonymousreply 4June 8, 2021 5:38 PM

Maay bee its heez ak-zent?

by Anonymousreply 5June 8, 2021 5:39 PM

"Never say never! Hee hee!"

by Anonymousreply 6June 8, 2021 5:44 PM

It’s time for Ricky to start sucking Alejandro Inarritu’s cock

by Anonymousreply 7June 8, 2021 5:45 PM

He could maybe get a supporting role in one of those gay Hallmark movies, if it's not beneath him.

by Anonymousreply 8June 8, 2021 5:49 PM

As the world burns down.

by Anonymousreply 9June 8, 2021 5:53 PM

He's an actor? I thought he's just a centimillionaire musical artist.

by Anonymousreply 10June 8, 2021 5:54 PM

He was a standout in the Ryan Murphy miniseries about Versace, with terrific performances by Darren Criss, Judith Light, Edgar Ramirez, Penelope Cruz, and others.

By "standout" I mean he was quite terrible by comparison with almost everyone else.

Still cute, though.

by Anonymousreply 11June 8, 2021 5:55 PM

He's gay? I thought he was "bisexual" or some other such nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 12June 8, 2021 5:59 PM

Ricky, do you want to make more money? Sure, we all do! Find out how easy it is to train for a career in dinner theatre!

by Anonymousreply 13June 8, 2021 6:00 PM

[quote] I’m going to keep working until life is different.

Aww, how noble! People worth $100 million+ are so brave.

by Anonymousreply 14June 8, 2021 6:01 PM

R12 musicians can't be only gay cause fraus can't flick their bean them otherwise, it's why faggy shawn mendes will neva come out.

by Anonymousreply 15June 8, 2021 6:04 PM

Aw sweetie, getting old is why you’re not getting acting roles.

by Anonymousreply 16June 8, 2021 6:04 PM

He wasn't bad on "General Hospital" but I would never think "actor" when I think of Martin.

[quote]“I love acting. I’m waiting for those scripts, for those great scripts,” he said. “I can play gay, I can play straight, I can play a serial killer. I can play Latin, but I can also play European. I am ready. Just give it to me, man. Give it to me.”

No one was just handing Whoopi Goldberg parts. She went up for roles that she knew didn't fit her on paper, but disregarded those breakdowns and went for it. He needs a good film or theatrical agent who pushes for him.

by Anonymousreply 17June 8, 2021 6:06 PM

[Quote] musicians can't be only gay cause fraus can't flick their bean them otherwise

Sam Smith said otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 18June 8, 2021 6:32 PM

This guy sucks! WHY DON’T YOU TRANSITION, RICK?!

by Anonymousreply 19June 8, 2021 6:34 PM

Linda Grey of Dallas fame said that the role of Sue Ellen Ewing was conceived as a shadowy pantomime part, but she made something of the opportunity by performing wild Groucho Marx histrionics with her eyebrows in the background whenever she was in frame of the camera. There are no small parts, Ricky.

by Anonymousreply 20June 8, 2021 6:36 PM

Skinemax awaits its Olivier!

by Anonymousreply 21June 8, 2021 6:41 PM

If he has money, he should fund movies for a part. He should do one of the Paranormal sequals.

“Oh, they ‘liss the demon. I’m not going in. Ju go in. Call me.”

by Anonymousreply 22June 8, 2021 6:42 PM

Ricky Martin IS Mame!

by Anonymousreply 23June 8, 2021 7:12 PM

Instead of bitching like a little bitch, he could set up his own production company, and start finding suitable projects for himself.

The phone isn't going to ring for an aging boy band member.

by Anonymousreply 24June 8, 2021 7:16 PM

The world hates gay men. Coming out of the closet is the quickest way to kill an entertainment career. Whatever happened to Adam Lambert? Sam Smith pretends he's non-binary. Lance Bass? Clay Aiken? All nobodies.

by Anonymousreply 25June 8, 2021 7:21 PM

R25

Lil Nas X is the top gay man right now.

by Anonymousreply 26June 8, 2021 7:22 PM

Ricky isn’t even gay.

by Anonymousreply 27June 8, 2021 7:22 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 28June 8, 2021 7:23 PM

L'ill who? I know I'm not the target market for "L'il"s, but how far gay men have fallen in pop culture.

by Anonymousreply 29June 8, 2021 7:25 PM

I think his role in Versace as the surviving pretty boy/pimp boyfriend was pretty thankless. But there aren't that many Latino roles and there are a lot of really good Latino actors (Javier Bardem, Edgar Ramirez). Even Mark Consuelos - who was born the same year as Ricky - is probably a better actor. He's certainly knows how to act like the happily married, straight husband of Kelly Ripa.

by Anonymousreply 30June 8, 2021 7:39 PM

He's likable and sexy. Many have gone far on less. So he must be a really bad actor.

by Anonymousreply 31June 8, 2021 8:12 PM

Good out gay actors are getting a lot of work

by Anonymousreply 32June 8, 2021 8:18 PM

R32

Who?

by Anonymousreply 33June 8, 2021 8:22 PM

Uhh….the scripts weren’t exactly rolling in before he came out either.

by Anonymousreply 34June 8, 2021 8:23 PM

[quote]The world hates gay men. Coming out of the closet is the quickest way to kill an entertainment career. Whatever happened to Adam Lambert? Sam Smith pretends he's non-binary. Lance Bass? Clay Aiken? All nobodies.

To be fair, their music sucked.

by Anonymousreply 35June 8, 2021 8:24 PM

If he whored himself out I might be willing to hire him.

by Anonymousreply 36June 8, 2021 8:48 PM

Produce your own projects.

by Anonymousreply 37June 8, 2021 11:09 PM

I love Ricky and have been a fan since Vuelve, but I have to say that he’s a terrible actor. The same earnest and overly ingratiating performance in every role.

I saw him in Evita, being a fan. His only saving grace was that Elena Roger was so terrible that no one paid attention to Ricky’s merely bad performance.

by Anonymousreply 38June 9, 2021 12:29 AM

GIVE him a role? GIVE him?

by Anonymousreply 39June 9, 2021 12:34 AM

Ricky Martin IS Googie Gomez!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 9, 2021 12:47 AM

He should be able to get some supporting actor work in a series or miniseries. But - correct me if I'm wrong - didn't he just have his FOURTH child in 2018/2019 and was busy taking care of this infant?

I don't think he's putting himself out there enough.

by Anonymousreply 41June 9, 2021 12:50 AM

He is not a good actor

by Anonymousreply 42June 9, 2021 12:51 AM

Martin's presence in Versace was due to stunt casting and, since it was Ryan Murphy, gay stunt casting. Ditto Glee.

Why would casting directors even think of Ricky Martin for an acting role, when there are thousands upon thousands of trained actors available and willing?

This dude's delusional.

by Anonymousreply 43June 9, 2021 12:59 AM

No producer wants to pay the thousands it would cost a make-up artist to cover those hideous tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 44June 9, 2021 2:01 AM

Or the pockmarks on his face…

by Anonymousreply 45June 9, 2021 2:05 AM

[quote]Ricky Martin has spoken out about the “disappointing” lack of acting roles available to him and whether being gay is having an impact on his career.

DING! DING! DING! We have a winner! Newsflash. Most out gay actors DON'T WORK MUCH!

I get that there's a small list who score jobs mainly representing the safe hetero-approved image of what gay men are allowed to be, Nancy clowns, but it's not a big list! Then there's Matt Bomer, the luckiest gay actor on earth. If Cheyenne Jackson was straight, he's have Brad Pitt's career!

by Anonymousreply 46June 9, 2021 2:15 AM

You guys are just jealous he’s a Latin who can portray a European who can portray a brunette with light yet caramel skin!

Funny how he says he can play the whitest of the non white people!

by Anonymousreply 47June 9, 2021 2:30 AM

Ricky should be thankful that Laurence Olivier is not around to compete with him for those Oscar-worthy roles.

by Anonymousreply 48June 9, 2021 2:40 AM

He isn't gay. He can't get work because he is a grifter and fake, like the Jordan Peterson variety. Ricky tried to fake it until he made it, but he only succeeded at the faking part but never actually made it.

by Anonymousreply 49June 9, 2021 3:20 AM

Ricky Martin is the literal Latino copy of Milo Yiannopolous. Cowardly, self loathing, untalented, and all round exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 50June 9, 2021 3:28 AM

I didn’t know he was an actor, before.

by Anonymousreply 51June 9, 2021 3:35 AM

R20, keep talking about me. I like it.

by Anonymousreply 52June 9, 2021 3:48 AM

He WAS great as Evan Hansen in the Burt Reynolds Dinner Theater production.

by Anonymousreply 53June 9, 2021 4:00 AM

R50

No, Ricky Martin is the Latino version of Shawn Mendes.

These “ex-gays” are the Latino versions of Milo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 9, 2021 4:01 AM

she is one vapid maricón

by Anonymousreply 55June 9, 2021 4:02 AM

R54 yes agreed! That's certainly more accurate than my post!

by Anonymousreply 56June 9, 2021 4:04 AM

Merle Oberon set up her own production company and she was an absolute dud in the thespian department.

by Anonymousreply 57June 9, 2021 4:47 AM

I would think the Spanish-speaking market would be huge. Surely he could get on a telenovela (is that what they call their lurid soap operas?) or in films in Latin America/Spain? Is he poo-pooing that and wanting to make it in Hollywood - or are the Spanish casting directors not interested in him either?

If he was a 49 year old woman, no one would find it off the roles dried up, though. Maybe there's an age glass ceiling for most men, too - not everybody can be Harrison Ford (thank the lord)

by Anonymousreply 58June 9, 2021 6:05 AM

*no one would find it ODD that the roles dried up...

by Anonymousreply 59June 9, 2021 6:05 AM

Has he trained to be an actor? Did he study at an important acting school?

To get genuinely good roles in high visibility venues beyond soap operas, you really do need more than just to be pretty and to know how to shake your bon-bon on stage.

by Anonymousreply 60June 9, 2021 6:22 AM

R60 he thought that would be enough. All narcissists think like this.

by Anonymousreply 61June 9, 2021 6:24 AM

Ricky's theater alma mater:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62June 9, 2021 6:25 AM

Yeah, he's not a good actor, but I do believe he is making a point. The industry is still homophobic and doesn't allow gay men to play straight roles, and prefers straight men to play gay roles (and encourages it through awards).

I'm just getting more and more pissed that the media is treating us like shit in comparison to other minorities. If it were a black man or woman speaking about a similar subject, they'd be stirring up people. For gay men, they only ignore, sidestep, "both sides" the story, or flat out go against us.

by Anonymousreply 63June 9, 2021 7:53 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64June 9, 2021 8:05 AM

When he did act, he was basically a soap actor. Most soap actors don’t get many roles outside of soap operas. Plus, he’s not that great of an actor and he’s 50, meaning you’re too old to be trying to get heartthrob roles (which is what I’m sure he wants). He needs to get over himself and stop blaming it on coming out.

by Anonymousreply 65June 9, 2021 8:09 AM

Ricky Martin has no acting career. He has no real interest in an acting career. Acting sucks. Lots of rejection. Lots of shitty roles. Lots of going to auditions and meetings about projects that never even happen. Lots of meetings with up and coming filmmakers. Ricky Martin is willing to do none of this.

He is a musical superstar. That is his income. He probably has $100 million dollars in the bank. He has servants, maids, and multiple houses. He does not need to sit on the set of an indie film and earn $1000 per day while waiting in line for a shitty buffet lunch.

He would like great roles to be handed to him. That's not how it works. Working actors get those. He may act in projects in the future and be very good. But an acting career is not going to be handed to him and there's no indication he has any interest (or reason!) to put in the work that requires.

by Anonymousreply 66June 9, 2021 4:33 PM

R66 summed it up perfectly

by Anonymousreply 67June 9, 2021 10:35 PM

These actors that want to be singers and singers that want to be actors are unbelievable. They don’t understand very few are actually good at both. Also, they seem ungrateful. Be happy you had success in either of those fields instead of bitching about what field you’re not having success in.

by Anonymousreply 68June 9, 2021 10:37 PM

Was his role a great role in Versace? Ricky Martin would like a decorative role in a high profile project. I don't see why that's such a bad thing. He has a name that will bring attention to a project.

by Anonymousreply 69June 9, 2021 10:39 PM

Ricky Martin and all of Datalounge misuse the word 'actor'. He wants to be a movie star.

I agree with R69 and say that Ricky would be excellent in movies.

by Anonymousreply 70June 9, 2021 10:41 PM

I could see Ricky playing lead in a musical movie. That would suit him very well.

by Anonymousreply 71June 9, 2021 10:42 PM

If they remake GREASE, Ricky could be Teen Angel.

by Anonymousreply 72June 9, 2021 10:43 PM

I'm old enough to remember when the world wanted/thought he was gay and he would constantly deny it.

And he pathetically hid behind that female family friend as a beard.

We never forget.

by Anonymousreply 73June 9, 2021 10:44 PM

That's not what my friend that fucked him up the ass says r27

by Anonymousreply 74June 9, 2021 10:46 PM

R74 bi men also fuck men and get fucked by men. Ricky isn't gay, he is bi.

by Anonymousreply 75June 10, 2021 12:06 AM

Ricky is still sexy (despite all his skin stains).

And I'd like to see him on screen because NO MAN in movies today has any excitement at all!

by Anonymousreply 76June 10, 2021 12:11 AM

He IS big. It's the Telenovellas that got small!

by Anonymousreply 77June 10, 2021 12:12 AM

The fucker can’t act. Not all of us can be good at everything.

by Anonymousreply 78June 10, 2021 12:13 AM

Ricky is cut. People prefer their Latinos to be uncut and ripe.

by Anonymousreply 79June 10, 2021 12:13 AM

Magic Mike 3, perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 80June 10, 2021 12:22 AM

R80 A Magic Mike with grandpas????

by Anonymousreply 81June 10, 2021 12:26 AM

R69 and R70 See R66.

by Anonymousreply 82June 10, 2021 12:27 AM

An acting career won't be handed to him?

by Anonymousreply 83June 10, 2021 12:28 AM

This gay is delusional in his old age about the demand for his acting.

by Anonymousreply 84June 10, 2021 12:31 AM

As if you can talk R84.

by Anonymousreply 85June 10, 2021 1:02 AM

[quote] If they remake GREASE, Ricky could be Teen Angel.

Or Sandy! They wouldn't even have to change the first name since it's so unisex. He could be Sandy Ocampos, a foreign exchange student from Puerto Rico!

Isn't that just the most! To say the least?

by Anonymousreply 86June 10, 2021 1:12 AM

R20, did you make that up? I’m laughing so hard I’ll never get to sleep now.

by Anonymousreply 87June 10, 2021 1:17 AM

I feel sorry for is husband. I can just imagine him constantly having to hear Ricky asserting I AM BI. or IT'S MY MONEY. or THEY ARE MY KIDS. or IT'S MY HOUSE. He's the center of all things and everything and everyone else is just a satellite for him to command.

by Anonymousreply 88June 10, 2021 1:18 AM

He's horrible to work with. Worse than Magdelena Montezuma.

by Anonymousreply 89June 10, 2021 1:25 AM

Spill, R89.

by Anonymousreply 90June 10, 2021 1:59 AM

No, dear, that would be due to your not having acting talent.

by Anonymousreply 91June 10, 2021 2:50 AM

Ricky was on The Broadway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92June 10, 2021 2:53 AM

Honey, the only bi thing Ricky Martin is bi-lingual.

by Anonymousreply 93June 10, 2021 2:55 AM

Does Ricky know Richard Jay Alexander?

by Anonymousreply 94June 10, 2021 2:55 AM

Sure, Ricky. Sure.🙄🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 95June 10, 2021 2:56 AM

It might help of he didn’t walk into auditions wearing shit like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96June 10, 2021 4:05 AM

Why do we attack our own? Especially THE Ricky Martin, one of the most prominent among us.

by Anonymousreply 97June 10, 2021 12:34 PM

R97 has his brain fried from watching too much reality tv.

Ricky is a coward who trashed gay men while in the closet and only came out when being gay was in fashion a few years ago. His only work since has been as the hot vapid gay guy.

He has nothing to offer besides being good looking.

He’s a narcissist who has a baby instead of adopting, and having a baby hasn’t stopped him from having tons of sex since the baby is being raised by a nanny. Babies always get in the way of douching and poppers.

He’s all fake unless you believe Instagram stars are as honest as they come.

Grow up loser. Go admired real gay heroes instead of pretty whores.

by Anonymousreply 98June 10, 2021 12:41 PM

Does anyone think that he can sing well either? His voice is nothing special. He has tons of energy and panache onstage, but vocally, he’s a male Janet Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 99June 10, 2021 1:10 PM

You should have been born black instead of gay, Ricky. You'd be getting plenty of work now.

by Anonymousreply 100June 10, 2021 1:59 PM

R98 Exactly. I’ll never forget during his heyday and he would deny being gay and he would harp on about being “a red-blooded man.”🤣 He is definitely no hero and it wasn’t until his career was in the pits that he finally came out because he had nothing to lose.

by Anonymousreply 101June 10, 2021 8:05 PM

Nothing to lose? A Spanish language popstar? Shirley, you jest

by Anonymousreply 102June 10, 2021 8:33 PM

He was terrible in Evita on Broadway. They even changed the concept of the role making Che "the voice of the people" or something like that because he couldn't play Che at all. He was just Ricky and he'd point and gesture at the action like he was Vanna White.

by Anonymousreply 103June 10, 2021 8:40 PM

R103

Every review I saw said he was good in it. So what is the truth?

by Anonymousreply 104June 10, 2021 9:55 PM

R103 must have been sitting in the cheap seats with a partial view.

by Anonymousreply 105June 10, 2021 10:00 PM

I don't attack. But I certainly don't respect someone who was blessed with beauty who makes a concerted effort to destroy it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106June 10, 2021 10:01 PM

[quote]Ricky is cut.

He was born in Puerto Rico, doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 107June 10, 2021 10:04 PM

Tight foreskin?

by Anonymousreply 108June 10, 2021 10:09 PM

[quote] Ricky Martin worries that his acting is stopping him from getting acting work

Fixed.

by Anonymousreply 109June 10, 2021 10:28 PM

[quote] Ricky Martin worries that his "acting" is stopping him from getting acting work

Fixed again.

by Anonymousreply 110June 10, 2021 10:29 PM

R98

You’re a nasty, nasty person. Especially the part about his children. Newsflash: most rich people have nannies, and there’s nothing wrong with being sexually active while having kids. You sound homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 111June 11, 2021 12:08 AM

Ricky has always been very homophobic, even to this very day.

by Anonymousreply 112June 11, 2021 12:11 AM

R111=Ricky Martin’s mom.

by Anonymousreply 113June 11, 2021 12:16 AM

[quote] Why do we attack our own? Especially THE Ricky Martin, one of the most prominent among us.

So you're saying that as gay people we are ethically bound to support ALL of the ventures of ALL celebrities who are gay and out?

So I take it you then must of course support: the fashions of Frankie Grande and Billy Porter, the singing of Rosie O'Donnell, the political activism of Peter Thiel, the management style of Ellen DeGeneres, the magic act of Neil Patrick Harris, the public speeches of Milo Y. (before he went back into the closet)...

by Anonymousreply 114June 11, 2021 12:41 AM

Ricky is neither gay nor proud.

by Anonymousreply 115June 11, 2021 12:43 AM

Ricky Martin is worried about being out and proud has hurt his acting career now? Bit late I should think....

In any event gay or not Ricky Martin was never a heavy or even middle weight actor. Just a child singer who managed to go on and become an adult entertainer of some success. The man is 49, sort of late to begin going after major acting roles on stage or screen.

by Anonymousreply 116June 11, 2021 12:49 AM

Brendan Gleeson became an international presence in his 40s.

by Anonymousreply 117June 11, 2021 1:02 AM

Ricky Martin was in the closet for the longest time. When he finally came out, he had let a lot of years go by of not working as a leading man or even a character actor. His peers (and I'm not comparing his acting to them, just approximate age group) such as Bradley Cooper, Ryan Gosling, Jake Gylenhaal, Hugh Jackman, Matt Damon, even Brad Pitt all spent those years working when Ricky was having kids and getting married and being ambiguous as a gay man. Plus, he was primarily known as a singer. The competition for acting jobs is fierce. His lack of acting work may have had nothing to do with him being gay. It was more his disappearing act when no one saw him, not even his music audience.

by Anonymousreply 118June 11, 2021 2:48 AM

[quote]He's gay? I thought he was "bisexual" or some other such nonsense.

r12, he's one of those 'gay' guys who constantly reminds everyone that he's sexually/romantically attracted to women, and that sexuality is super fluid and complex. BUT he will also object when someone notes that he's describing bisexuality. This is nothing new. He went on Oprah when he first came out and spewed the same stuff he has brought up recently in the Daily Mail, that he was actually sexually/romantically attracted to the women he dated in the past. BUT when Oprah mentioned bisexuality he interrupted her and insisted that he's gay.

by Anonymousreply 119June 11, 2021 3:36 AM

R111 is prob a pedophile wannabe. He thinks it’s ok to expose children to anonymous hookups on a constant basis.

I’m not sex shaming him. I’m in an open relationship too.

However, I dont have kids I ignore (except for social media) everytime I want to have sex.

Gays in open relationship who have children are sick. All of them use their children as props they dump aside when they want to get high and fuck.

The great gay parents I know would never ever put sex with a stranger first. They have children when they’re ready to settle down. And since they want to actually be parents, they’re bot obsessed with in vitro.

And the gays in sane open relationships that love their freedom, well, they don’t have children since they know what a huge responsibility that is.

Name a rich gay with children in an open relationship, and I bet you that gay is narcissistic, racist, into drugs, and 100% completely fake.

by Anonymousreply 120June 11, 2021 4:14 AM

r104 I'm not going to look up every review but the New York Times...the only one that matters said:

The woman playing Evita is "supported by a barely there Ricky Martin and a sterling Michael Cerveris"

Cerveris was the only cast member to get a Tony nod. Two of the showiest roles in musical theater (Eva and Che) and you don't even get nominated.

by Anonymousreply 121June 11, 2021 5:24 AM

His new video. He looks fucking great, and it's got some dude with a measuring tape between Ricky's legs! ACTIVATE SUMMER BITCHES!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122June 11, 2021 6:14 AM

He couldn’t even read his own audiobook.

by Anonymousreply 123June 11, 2021 6:21 AM

Maybe his acting skills are hindering his chances. Girl couldn’t even convince viewers he was straight when Babs Walters interviewed him. R100 is right. Learn, Ricky. When all else fails, play the gay- or race-card.

by Anonymousreply 124June 11, 2021 6:41 AM

R122 That song was awful.

by Anonymousreply 125June 11, 2021 7:02 AM

We still did [italic]Silver Spoons[/italic] without him.

by Anonymousreply 126June 11, 2021 7:40 AM

R126 troll.

by Anonymousreply 127June 11, 2021 9:02 AM

R127 = homophobic stalker

by Anonymousreply 128June 11, 2021 9:07 AM

[quote]He couldn’t even read his own audiobook.

Maybe fell asleep trying.

by Anonymousreply 129June 11, 2021 9:11 AM

He could work in the UK and Europe as they don't care.

His issue would be roles available in those territories for south Americans.

He is right that Hollywood is still essentially financially homophobic.

Believing the fraus won't accept gay men as authentic in straight roles(yes, I know the hypocrisy) and guys still uncomfortable with the thought.

by Anonymousreply 130June 11, 2021 9:59 AM

If Matt Bomer is still waiting for his telephone to ring or get a text about starring in a Hollywood romantic drama or whatever, you can imagine how far down list Ricky Martin's name must be....

by Anonymousreply 131June 12, 2021 6:14 AM

I would love to see Matt Bomer and Ricky Martin make out.

90% of Hollywood is made with people with NIL thespian abilities.

by Anonymousreply 132June 12, 2021 6:43 AM

Ever notice how majority white countries are the least homophobic?

by Anonymousreply 133June 12, 2021 6:49 AM

I love him and thinks he deserves to be a big movie star. For the people attacking his age, many leading actors are older like him. The attackers in this thread seem ignorant. Spreading hate against a gay man in Pride Month, just plain nasty.

PS: Stream Qué Rico Fuera! Support gay artists.

by Anonymousreply 134June 12, 2021 12:19 PM

R134

*think

by Anonymousreply 135June 12, 2021 12:19 PM

Sweety, those "leading actors" you speak of have decades of experience and plenty of acting credits on their resume.

Ricky Martin has a handful of acting credits (mostly soap operas), but one film which I believe was done in Mexico.

Yes, RM did study acting, his primary focus has been on music. It's a bit late at 49 to all of a sudden wonder why no serious acting roles are popping up, gay man or not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136June 12, 2021 12:28 PM

^ So yummy!

(despite those awful skin-stains)

by Anonymousreply 137June 12, 2021 11:56 PM

He would make a great Princess Kosmopolis if they ever revive "Sweet Bird of Youth."

by Anonymousreply 138June 13, 2021 12:12 AM

He would make a great Karla Zachanassian in Dürrenmatt's "The Visit".

by Anonymousreply 139June 13, 2021 12:25 AM

On Pulse nightclub shooting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140June 13, 2021 8:06 AM

R15 - wrong, my mom and her friends are still in love with George Michael. One lady even has a Gerorge Michael collection (autograph, old albums, etc.) and her comment on the day of his death on Facebook was "nooooo!". Freddie Mercury bobble heads and t-shirts sell like crazy to women and, when I arrived in Europe in the summer of 2019, loads of girls were buying the leather cap with the Queen t-shirts. It was kind of funny to see.

by Anonymousreply 141June 13, 2021 10:50 AM

Ricky needs to enjoy his millions and just shut up.

by Anonymousreply 142June 13, 2021 11:11 AM

R142 - also he has very generic good looks and is getting a bit long in the tooth.

by Anonymousreply 143June 13, 2021 11:27 AM

He's got to do something to pay for all those kids he had.

by Anonymousreply 144June 13, 2021 11:44 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!