Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I Hate Summer

Christ Almighty, this friggin heat is already unbearable. I’m counting down the days until September.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339September 19, 2021 2:43 AM

I never get people who want to move south because they want to get away from the cold. I'm in the tri-state area and I want to move to northern Canada.

by Anonymousreply 1June 8, 2021 4:14 PM

Fucking try living in Las Vegas - Pure hell

by Anonymousreply 2June 8, 2021 4:15 PM

I used to be one of those people when I was young, R1. But the older I get, the more I love cooler weather.

by Anonymousreply 3June 8, 2021 4:16 PM

I don't understand how people can live in the Southwest... I'd expect by 2040, Arizona, Nevada, and New Mexico will become completely uninhabitable.

by Anonymousreply 4June 8, 2021 4:16 PM

I want to move to Maine. I hate this heat.

by Anonymousreply 5June 8, 2021 4:18 PM

La Jolla’s weather is always fucking perfect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 8, 2021 4:24 PM

Right there with you, OP. It shouldn’t be this hot already.

by Anonymousreply 7June 8, 2021 4:25 PM

Imagine what July will be like. 🥵

by Anonymousreply 8June 8, 2021 4:29 PM

Hot here in London, fan needed

by Anonymousreply 9June 8, 2021 4:58 PM

I'm trapped in Georgia. Humidity was 85 percent yesterday. Hell can't be much hotter. It isn't even the hottest month yet.

by Anonymousreply 10June 8, 2021 5:01 PM

While I personally am not bothered by heat and summer, big cities in the Northeast and Midwest are hellish in summer.

While Atlanta and Miami are incredibly hot and humid, they're also designed for that weather--you go from air conditioned car into air conditioned office/house/mall and don't need to spend much time outside.

And Miami is on the water and there are swimming pools everywhere.

Manhattan, Chicago, DC et al are just hot and disgusting and you are often someplace with no air conditioning, even if you're just walking two blocks from your office to get lunch.

You get used to it like anything else, but it is unpleasant.

by Anonymousreply 11June 8, 2021 5:07 PM

Im in Fl r10 in Brevard County which is central east coast. When driving through Ga a couple of yrs ago, the car thermometer hit 104. In the 20 yrs Ive lived in Fl, it never got that hot!

by Anonymousreply 12June 8, 2021 5:12 PM

And it's just started

by Anonymousreply 13June 8, 2021 5:13 PM

Yes, R12, and the increased heat has been very unbearable. It has increased and it may be me, bit the sun feels almost alien.

by Anonymousreply 14June 8, 2021 5:14 PM

But, R14

by Anonymousreply 15June 8, 2021 5:15 PM

I hate summer, too. Not just the heat, but the entire vibe. More tourists, more kids, etc.

by Anonymousreply 16June 8, 2021 5:16 PM

[quote]I never get people who want to move south because they want to get away from the cold. I'm in the tri-state area and I want to move to northern Canada.

In the winter you all hiss about the cold and the snow and in the summer....

by Anonymousreply 17June 8, 2021 5:19 PM

I'd love to sniff the guys sweaty feet, pits and cock in the OP

by Anonymousreply 18June 8, 2021 5:43 PM

Thanks for sharing R18!

by Anonymousreply 19June 8, 2021 5:50 PM

I love the other 3 seasons that are not summer, and I’ve always been like that, even as a child. It works for me, because my vampire skin looks much better compared to my sun loving family members and friends.

My partner likes it hot, otherwise I would move to a nice and cold place with long winters.

by Anonymousreply 20June 8, 2021 6:00 PM

I love and live for Autumn. I always have.

by Anonymousreply 21June 8, 2021 6:03 PM

What a bunch of crybabies!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 22June 8, 2021 6:03 PM

I dont mind the winter R17, I just cant take 6 months of it

by Anonymousreply 23June 8, 2021 6:11 PM

My "perfect" weather is highs from 55F - 75F. Makes it nice when vacationing because I prefer to travel in what many consider to be the shoulder seasons. Less expensive, less people, more enjoyable.

by Anonymousreply 24June 8, 2021 6:17 PM

same here op. cant stand the humidity

by Anonymousreply 25June 8, 2021 6:19 PM

the subway trains are air conditioned but the stations are not. It's like a fucking oven! hotter than hell.

by Anonymousreply 26June 8, 2021 6:22 PM

Sorry R5. It’s been in the low 90s and humid as hell here in Maine too. Unless you’re within a couple miles of the ocean, where it’s in the high 80s and humid.

by Anonymousreply 27June 8, 2021 6:25 PM

Yeah I’m in NYC too, and the continued mask mandate in the subway is a bitch. Hopefully they drop it by July 4. I think that’s was the goal. Or maybe that’s just my wishful thinking twisting some other goal into the dropping of the mask mandate. 91 degrees here today! Same tomorrow! A 5-day heat wave. It was initially supposed to be done by yesterday.

[quote] I'd love to sniff the guys sweaty feet, pits and cock in the OP

Me too. That’s the only good thing about summer. Sweaty, smelly balls and feet.

by Anonymousreply 28June 8, 2021 6:27 PM

I hate summer because of all the flip flops I hear thwacking against the sweaty soles of ugly unwashed feet.

by Anonymousreply 29June 8, 2021 7:11 PM

I fucking hate it too. I don’t understand these idiots that bitch about winter and cold weather. It’s easier to warm up than cool off.

I have a few things to do in the yard but fuck it. It can wait until another day. It’s too damn hot and I have no desire to be outside sweating after two minutes.

by Anonymousreply 30June 8, 2021 7:20 PM

My only problem with winter is snow. Snow really fucks things up. It kills people in accidents. You have to wait for roads to get plowed. You have to shovel and clean off your vehicle perhaps early in the morning when you’re barely awake. It can knock your power out for days on end. I don’t mind winter so long as it doesn’t snow much or preferably not at all.

by Anonymousreply 31June 8, 2021 7:30 PM

I prefer spring and fall. Give me 75 degrees and a nice breeze and I'm happy.

by Anonymousreply 32June 8, 2021 7:42 PM

That weather would be summer in a lot of the world R32

by Anonymousreply 33June 8, 2021 7:46 PM

I do feel terrible for people without A/C in the summer. And being in NYC during a heatwave is miserable if you leave your air conditioned apartment. But for me I love summer and am enjoying the thunder storm that just rolled in. That will cool things off.

by Anonymousreply 34June 8, 2021 7:51 PM

Im in florida and just miserable. My ezcema has flared up. Im also dreading hurricanes

by Anonymousreply 35June 8, 2021 7:53 PM

[QUOTE] But for me I love summer and am enjoying the thunder storm that just rolled in. That will cool things off.

And soon R34 there won’t be any thunderstorms or rain at all with unrelenting 98 degree temps for weeks on end. We’ll see how much you love summer then.

by Anonymousreply 36June 8, 2021 7:59 PM

R36, those unrelenting weeks of 98° rainless weather didn’t happen last summer or the summer before it. We haven’t had an intensely hot summer with no relief here in NYC for a few years.

by Anonymousreply 37June 8, 2021 8:05 PM

It isn't the high temps, it is the smothering humidity that is unbearable. Many people die from heat strokes here every year. Not having air conditioners is deadly. I had a heat stroke once when I was 16 years old during a heat wave. I was at the beach with friends. We separated for awhile while they went for food. I could not move I have never been so weak and helpless. I thought I was going to lay there and die because people though I was just sun bathing on the beach, laying on my beach towel. I crawled towards the bathroom, getting within inches of the shower. I never made it. They found me there, unconscious. My temperature had gone up to 106 degrees, the EMT later told me. Very frightening, happened very fast. The took me to the concession stand , in the shade and packed me in ice. They elevated my legs. In a red bikini. The press was out covering the heat wave. Snap! My picture made the front page. Me in a red bikini, legs elevated, passed out. I have never lived it down here, lol! I hate Georgia summers.

by Anonymousreply 38June 8, 2021 8:09 PM

Not worth worrying about r36. There will always be thunderstorms along the coast.

by Anonymousreply 39June 8, 2021 8:11 PM

Most queens do not handle summer heat. I don’t know why either.

by Anonymousreply 40June 8, 2021 8:14 PM

Crime goes up too.

by Anonymousreply 41June 8, 2021 8:15 PM

R34, I really thought people were just being dramatic when it comes to hot days in NYC, until I experienced the hottest day on earth while I was there in July. Horrible.

The exhaust fumes mixed with random food smells and the occasional whiff of weed really did me in.

by Anonymousreply 42June 8, 2021 8:16 PM

Summer sucks. It's also the noisiest time of the year. Motorcycles and lawnmowers and morons blaring their stereo.

by Anonymousreply 43June 8, 2021 8:16 PM

I don’t mind the noise at all. Well, except the fireworks late at night. The loud music is great. Well, unless it’s shitty hip-hop or dance music. Which it is most of the time here in NYC.

Wait... I think I hate summer.

by Anonymousreply 44June 8, 2021 8:25 PM

R43 And kids outside screeching. Why don't those little shits ever get heatstroke?

by Anonymousreply 45June 8, 2021 8:33 PM

I love summah!!!! Yall are eldercunts!!!!

by Anonymousreply 46June 8, 2021 8:34 PM

R45 you’ll be in peace when you die.

by Anonymousreply 47June 8, 2021 8:39 PM

It sucks on the East Coast. In NYC.

We went to Wyoming in August and it was a revelation. The weather was beautiful there. Even when it was hot, it was bearable because it wasn’t all oppressive humidity. I could do summer there, no problem.

by Anonymousreply 48June 8, 2021 8:40 PM

The HOT summer (+) months are hell. Anything over 90, yuck. People are smelly, stanky, skanky, they show their ugly or hairy or yellow toe-nailed feet. People in short skimpy clothes when the majority shouldn't be except on their own property. VPL and straps that you don't want to see. No food tastes good when it's that hot except cold comforting foods. You can't sleep. Your power bills go up. You hair won't cooperate. You skin breaks out from sunscreen. No thanks. Winter and spring are much better.

(I can't count fall as it's basically our summer here in LA)

by Anonymousreply 49June 8, 2021 8:40 PM

I went to the beach once with a friend who was drunk from before we even arrived at the beach. He passed out on his towel. He's not the worst tanner, but Caucasian with light brown hair. I was pretty much sober. Every few minutes, I'd wake my friend up and say: "Flip over!" So as to avoid getting absolutely scorched on only one side of his body. He did thank me afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 50June 8, 2021 8:44 PM

My mother is all over this thread.

by Anonymousreply 51June 8, 2021 9:15 PM

Someone should make an "Endless Winter" poster for DLers

by Anonymousreply 52June 8, 2021 9:36 PM

I hate the high humidity and heat combo. I also hate the cold and snow.

by Anonymousreply 53June 8, 2021 9:40 PM

It went from 90 degrees to 70 in about a half hour.

by Anonymousreply 54June 8, 2021 9:40 PM

I plan to spend a lot of time gardening this summer (I already have a great deal of time invested in it, as I started in March), but temperatures above 75°C are far from my favorites.

by Anonymousreply 55June 8, 2021 9:41 PM

R29 I agree. When I become dictator flip-flops and sandals will be illegal in public places. 👍

by Anonymousreply 56June 8, 2021 9:41 PM

The Flip Flop Troll has a shidduch.

by Anonymousreply 57June 8, 2021 9:42 PM

Flip flops in public are nasty, unless you are at a beach.

by Anonymousreply 58June 8, 2021 9:44 PM

I *do* want to see hot guys’ big, sexy toes.

by Anonymousreply 59June 8, 2021 9:48 PM

R59- Good point. They are the exception to every rule, 😆

by Anonymousreply 60June 8, 2021 9:53 PM

R3 it's supposed to be the opposite. But yes the older I get the more I like the cold.

by Anonymousreply 61June 8, 2021 10:10 PM

Oh, and that was supposed to be 75°F. I don't know what the hell I was thinking. I surely wouldn't like 167°F (75 F), if I don't like anything above 75°F !

by Anonymousreply 62June 8, 2021 10:57 PM

I agree, R30. One can always put on more clothes and huddle under blankets, but the heat is rotten. And the AC gives me sinus problems. I love spring and fall and every year I try to get out in them as much as possible--I may even take up gardening, which I was never attracted to. But the high summer just means too much heat and then the inevitable western wildfires. I'm thinking of getting a gas mask.

by Anonymousreply 63June 8, 2021 11:26 PM

Summer sucks. Not just the heat but all the happy things you are supposed to be doing outside.

by Anonymousreply 64June 8, 2021 11:29 PM

Nothing you know about real summer until you visit any of the Persian gulf states. I arrived there 1st of August very late night. It was very hot and humid, but I waked up around 1 PM and looked from the window and found a park across the street that overlooked the gulf, so I decided to go out and see the beach. Never ever in my life I have felt like that before. It was like getting inside a pizza oven. In few seconds I was all sweaty and felt like my skin was burning. An average of very humid115 F for 4 months of the year and between 100 and 115 F for 5 months.

by Anonymousreply 65June 8, 2021 11:43 PM

You flip flop haters have never worn a pair of OluKais.

by Anonymousreply 66June 8, 2021 11:46 PM

We live in fear of a power outage in the summer. We would have to get in the car and drive until we found a town not affected by the outage and get a hotel room. It is that unbearable.

by Anonymousreply 67June 8, 2021 11:47 PM

[QUOTE] You flip flop haters have never worn a pair of OluKais.

Men shouldn’t be walking around with their toes exposed.

by Anonymousreply 68June 8, 2021 11:50 PM

R68- As said up thread, that is nasty.

by Anonymousreply 69June 8, 2021 11:54 PM

OP- Forget about September. I'm counting the days until DECEMBER.

by Anonymousreply 70June 8, 2021 11:57 PM

I am planting my Spider flowers now so they can bloom in the fall. Beautiful fall flowers. It is very difficult to believe what a sun baby I once was, 😆

by Anonymousreply 71June 9, 2021 12:01 AM

Clean, well groomed and slightly tan feet are sexy. Socks and pasty white, gnarly feet are not.

by Anonymousreply 72June 9, 2021 12:01 AM

London is going to be 26c or above for the next two weeks and barely any homes have aircon. We actually got a Daekin inside/outside unit for the bedroom back in 2006 and have never regretted it

by Anonymousreply 73June 9, 2021 12:05 AM

Are y'all going naked around the house?

by Anonymousreply 74June 9, 2021 12:08 AM

R73- You call 79 degrees fahrenheit HOT?

You don't know what hot is.

It's been over 32 degrees celsius every day since Saturday where I am just north of NYC, and HUMID.

Hot + Humid= MISERABLE

by Anonymousreply 75June 9, 2021 12:13 AM

[quote] London is going to be 26c or above for the next two weeks

Oh my heavens — 79F — how will you you survive?!

by Anonymousreply 76June 9, 2021 12:13 AM

I felt ill on Monday, drained of all energy and I had to take acetaminophen. From the heat and humidity.

by Anonymousreply 77June 9, 2021 12:14 AM

Yet there are ENDLESS threads here on DL about QUEENS who talks about moving to HOT climates when they retire or now- Florida, Arizona, California- Palm Springs

Who the HELL would want to live in Palm Springs when the temp is 115 degrees in June , July and August.

I watched a documentary called Desert Migration about older gay men with HIV. This one QUEEN says- I arrived at Palm Springs at 10 pm and was getting off the plane and it was 100 degrees and I LOVED it.

He sounds like an OLD LIZARD.

by Anonymousreply 78June 9, 2021 12:22 AM

If I’m coming off a plane and it was 100 degrees, I’d turn around and get back on it.

by Anonymousreply 79June 9, 2021 12:24 AM

R79- LOL

by Anonymousreply 80June 9, 2021 12:25 AM

The waves of heat and humidity just about knock you off your feet. As R77 is saying, it can make you very sick very quickly. R73- Can I spend the summer with you? 😁

by Anonymousreply 81June 9, 2021 12:28 AM

Drink lots of water, guys!

by Anonymousreply 82June 9, 2021 12:32 AM

I love summers in the Hudson Valley. Never too hot. If it does get hot, go up to Lake Minnewaska for a cool swim.

Of course right now we are having a freakish heat wave, but that should be over with soon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83June 9, 2021 12:34 AM

I'm drinking water all day. Scary that I don't piss more often. That is how much I'm sweating in the heat. Disgusting!

by Anonymousreply 84June 9, 2021 12:34 AM

R84- It's not scary. Your body is retaining the water because of the heat. I've been pissing very little lately. I ate fruit and salads almost every day so that in the cooler months I'm peeing all day.

by Anonymousreply 85June 9, 2021 12:36 AM

I’m confused about the comments about Las Vegas and southwest US states. Yes, it gets very hot there, but is it humid, too? I thought it was dry as a bone for the most part.

A 95° day with low humidity is actually more bearable to me than 79° and high humidity. Like after it rained late this afternoon here in NYC, the temperature had dropped somewhat from 91° to whatever, but the humidity was off the charts after the rain. It felt like a steam bath outside when I walked my dog.

by Anonymousreply 86June 9, 2021 12:47 AM

[QUOTE] I'm drinking water all day. Scary that I don't piss more often. That is how much I'm sweating in the heat. Disgusting!

Drinking water all day doesn’t do shit for me. I need Powerade Zero to stay properly hydrated when I’m sweating a lot.

by Anonymousreply 87June 9, 2021 4:21 PM

Las Vegas is a dry heat, but still unpleasant. Same a Palm Springs, dry heat and unpleasant.

by Anonymousreply 88June 9, 2021 5:22 PM

R88- Of course Las Vegas and Palm Springs are unpleasant they are both located in a DESERT.

by Anonymousreply 89June 9, 2021 5:24 PM

[quote] I’m confused about the comments about Las Vegas and southwest US states. Yes, it gets very hot there, but is it humid, too? I thought it was dry as a bone for the most part.

R86 asked, so that's why I commented about LV and PS. Geez.

by Anonymousreply 90June 9, 2021 5:34 PM

Always have pedialyte at home. Buy the powdered kind, you get 6 or 7 in a box in various flavors. When you get sick, or when it's super hot, or for the morning after a night of heavy drinking...very handy!

by Anonymousreply 91June 9, 2021 5:50 PM

Exactly r86! I live in the south and it’s been cooler here - 80 on average but even in the morning at 70 degrees - I instantly broke a sweat after stepping out the door.

by Anonymousreply 92June 9, 2021 6:01 PM

I dislike Powerade but I'm hooked on this Gatorade flavor, no longer sold in stores.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93June 10, 2021 12:03 AM

It's 90 here from June through September, but given the depressing situation I left behind up north, I'm fine with that.

by Anonymousreply 94June 10, 2021 12:05 AM

You Klan fuckers mocking Londoners don't get it. We have NO AIR CON IN OUR HOMES.

by Anonymousreply 95June 10, 2021 1:09 AM

R95- It's VERY late in the UK. Why are you still up?

by Anonymousreply 96June 10, 2021 1:28 AM

Why don’t you have air conditioners, R95?

by Anonymousreply 97June 10, 2021 3:07 AM

R97- Because he's one of the POORS

by Anonymousreply 98June 10, 2021 4:01 AM

Summer needs to be fucking destroyed. I hate everything about it.

That said, I live in LA and I know we have it better than most.

by Anonymousreply 99June 10, 2021 5:17 AM

R76, most of them don’t have AC. Being on the second floor with no AC will make 79 feel like 95.

by Anonymousreply 100June 10, 2021 12:59 PM

R99- The people who LOVE summer need to be DESTROYED.

by Anonymousreply 101June 10, 2021 1:01 PM

The increased temperatures are causing the proliferation of brain-eating amoebas in fresh water rivers and lakes. Never go swimming in such untreated places, lest you accidentally get some water in your nostrils and sinuses and the amoebas are allowed access to your brain.

by Anonymousreply 102June 10, 2021 2:47 PM

The best thing about summer used to be the scantily clad hot men, but with social media I get that so much year-round that it barely draws my attention when I see them now.

by Anonymousreply 103June 10, 2021 4:21 PM

R57 thinks there's only one flip flop troll

by Anonymousreply 104June 10, 2021 4:51 PM

[quote]You Klan fuckers mocking Londoners don't get it. We have NO AIR CON IN OUR HOMES.

You dummies in England better start getting air conditioning into your homes then because with climate change your summers are only going to keep getting hotter as well.

by Anonymousreply 105June 10, 2021 8:26 PM

I haven’t left home in days because it’s been so hot and muggy.

by Anonymousreply 106June 10, 2021 8:26 PM

Why is "KLAN' everyone's favorite insult these days on here?

by Anonymousreply 107June 11, 2021 12:56 AM

I usually gain weight in the summer, the heat makes me unmotivated to do any physical activity and all I want to do is sit in the AC. This summer Im keeping a pretty strict diet and fasting in the mornings so I dont have 20 pounds to lose by the time fall gets here.

by Anonymousreply 108June 11, 2021 1:05 AM

R6. I live in San Diego. The climate is temperate and moderate, but it by no means perfect. Yes, La Jolla is pretty and wealthy, but at times, it's the cloudiest, gloomiest area of the city. Yes, the "climate" in San Diego is mostly milder than the rest of the country, but the "weather" is a different thing entirely. Throughout the year, we have seasons that granted are not always like other seasonal changes throughout the country, but we do experience weather. Our winters, mostly Nov-March/April can be cold and rainy, particularly Dec through March. These winter and early spring months are not beach weather. While there are are those periodic February days when it can get warm and suny, generally you won't find anyone at the beach because it's freezing. We wear jackets, sweaters, flannels just everyone else. It's just that our cold temps in Dec-Jan go into the 40s and not zero, 10s and 20s. I know, it's a big difference, but we still heat in our houses for several months in a row--and utilities here are expensive. Some winters can be fairly dry, while during other years it rains continually.

While the rest of the country is starting to experience summer in May and June, we have what's known as "May gray/June gloom" when we can have overcast skies for days on end. Often times it clears by noon, but sometimes it never clears. This "marine layer" of clouds is the biggest kept secret in the country because everyone thinks it's sunny and 72 degrees all the time here when it's not. Sometimes the May gray/June gloom can cover the whole region, and sometimes we just have a mild case and it's sunny and beautiful. July is generally nice, but in the recent many years, parts of July, August and some of September is now full of oppressive humidity, which was was the case years ago.

So yes, overall, it's milder than other places...sometimes cold, often times hot or moderate. Sometimes cloudy and rainy, sometimes sunny and beautiful. Nights can be cool or cold because the Southwest is basically a desert--often times "a paved desert" that looks like a city, but nonetheless with desert temperatures. I'm not complaining. I'm simply trying to give a realistic picture of San Diego weather versus San Diego climate.

by Anonymousreply 109June 11, 2021 1:39 AM

^^R109 here again...I'm originally from the East Coast, so I know extreme cold, rain and oppressive humidity. But I love the East Coast because there is more to life than just weather. There are advantages and disadvantages wherever you live.

by Anonymousreply 110June 11, 2021 1:46 AM

Yeah, sorry, R109. My mom lives in San Diego. No one in the entire world feels sorry for you or for whatever minor weather or climate gripes you have.

Seriously, shut it.

by Anonymousreply 111June 11, 2021 2:15 AM

Cracked heels, thick yellow toe nails, missing toe nails. No.

by Anonymousreply 112June 11, 2021 2:30 AM

R109 is goldilocks.

by Anonymousreply 113June 11, 2021 8:16 PM

Dissertation on San Diego weather!

by Anonymousreply 114June 11, 2021 10:40 PM

I honestly don’t think I’ve left my house in an entire week because I hate the heat. I can’t even remember it’s been so long. I’ll stay inside in the air conditioning.

by Anonymousreply 115June 12, 2021 1:48 AM

it was very hot today...it's gonna be worse tomorrow! heatwave!

by Anonymousreply 116June 28, 2021 9:21 AM

I am so sick of all the humidity! I want fall to come!

by Anonymousreply 117June 28, 2021 10:05 AM

The damn bugs is what I hate the most as well. Yeah y’all can keep the summer. Plus if you suffer from depression you can become light sensitive. I’ll take a Maine climate any day.

I like cloudy days more too.

Here in Philadelphia it’s sunny most of the time it seems.

by Anonymousreply 118June 28, 2021 11:06 AM

I HATE Hot weather and I LOATHE Hot and Humid weather- today through Wednesday in NYC- HOT and HUMID. 94 degrees today and 96 degrees on Tuesday and Wednesday, although compared to 115 degrees in Portland, Oregon I guess I shouldn't bitch but this IS datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 119June 28, 2021 12:40 PM

Filthy and disgustingly hot all this week here in Philly

by Anonymousreply 120June 28, 2021 12:45 PM

R120- I just looked up your weather. It's going to be in the 90's everyday through Thursday in Philadelphia.

by Anonymousreply 121June 28, 2021 12:59 PM

Can we somehow paint summer as racist so it would get canceled?

by Anonymousreply 122June 28, 2021 1:23 PM

Hot town, summer in the city, back of my neck getting dirty and gritty--good times.

by Anonymousreply 123June 28, 2021 3:02 PM

Good times when you’re young. Not when you’re old.

by Anonymousreply 124June 28, 2021 6:19 PM

I am disdainful of all weather.

by Anonymousreply 125June 28, 2021 6:49 PM

Amen to that, R124. I was just reminiscing about when heat was a fun thing and made everything hip and romantic.

by Anonymousreply 126June 28, 2021 7:11 PM

Welcome to your present and future guys. No matter where you live it's going to be h-o-t. Autumn (that cooling off, chilly nights) and Winter (incredibly cold, ice and snow) will be a thing of the past in five years (my opinion). Not one country has actually done ANYTHING to reduce CO2 emissions. We just keep pumping CO2 into the atmosphere and adding methane to the mix.

We're completely screwed in 20 years. Unfortunately I'm only 59 and will be alive for much of society's collapse.

by Anonymousreply 127June 28, 2021 7:21 PM

I wish people would realize that two things would go a long way: stop eating meat of any kind and stop driving. I'm old, and I'm willing to hobble to mass transit if others will do the same; I stopped eating meat at 58. Meat production and waste disposal is 20% of global emissions, I believe.

by Anonymousreply 128June 28, 2021 7:25 PM

I got overheated today. Felt dizzy. Now I’m in bed resting watching murder shows on ID channel.

by Anonymousreply 129June 28, 2021 7:26 PM

have a pedialyte type drink at home. I buy the powdered type, you can bring it with you. put it in any drink and it will help.

You don't want to get heatstroke!

by Anonymousreply 130June 28, 2021 8:54 PM

We’ll just colonize another planet and move everyone there, R127.

by Anonymousreply 131June 28, 2021 11:53 PM

If I stop eating meat what will I eat on keto?

by Anonymousreply 132June 29, 2021 1:36 AM

Winter is worse. Always.

by Anonymousreply 133June 29, 2021 1:51 AM

No it isn’t. God I hate summer.

by Anonymousreply 134July 17, 2021 11:59 PM

I like fall. Warm days and cool nights. Sadly we don’t get much of that or spring. It’s either way too hit or way too cold!!!

by Anonymousreply 135July 18, 2021 1:19 AM

Normally I hate summer, too. But at the moment, it is 78° with a breeze. I’m sitting by the pool, the the shade of magnolia trees, watching my kids swim. Honestly, this is the best day in months for me.

by Anonymousreply 136July 18, 2021 1:26 AM

R6 - LaJolla's weather isn't perfect, but you should hear the way some San Diego people complain.

For reference - San Diego's weather varies from peak of 76 avg in Summer (24C) to 67 avg high in January (19C), with 21 days of rain each year.

But they will bitch about cloudy mornings in June and July (the sun evaporates the clouds by noon), rain in the winter, having to wear a jacket at night, a brisk wind, etc.

It's basically 70 and Sunny on average all year long. It never really gets too hot or too cold.

by Anonymousreply 137July 18, 2021 1:38 AM

[QUOTE] It's basically 70 and Sunny on average all year long. It never really gets too hot or too cold.

Yeah, in other words: perfect.

by Anonymousreply 138July 18, 2021 1:07 PM

we had a Biblical electrical storm last night, blew out a lot of the heat and humidity. I'm happy to see that we won't reach ninety this coming week.

by Anonymousreply 139July 18, 2021 1:17 PM

Strangely enough here in coastal Georgia we're having the kind of summer I remember from my youth in the 50s and 60s. Moderate temps in the mid 80s to the low 90s and a nice rain event several times a week in the later afternoon or evening that cools everything down. Occasionally the rain event is a whopper of a storm, but I'm okay with that because I love storms. The air is always so clean smelling after a big storm with lots of lightning.

by Anonymousreply 140July 18, 2021 1:22 PM

I am so tired of summer. I can’t wait until September when it starts to cool down a little.

by Anonymousreply 141July 18, 2021 1:28 PM

[quote]Winter is worse. Always.

Speak for yourself bitch.

by Anonymousreply 142July 18, 2021 1:29 PM

It is a fucking disaster. The humidity is 67% and, though the weather is 90, the real feel is 100. Essentially 20 degrees hotter than last year and 14 degrees hotter than normal. Nobody thought about AC much, so we are missing LA very much. Been unable to do anything for a week but Iay down with the fans on, which just move, but do not cool at all. Air conditioning is one facet of Ameircan life we miss. At least for me, the summer makes me miserable and I always catch colds.

by Anonymousreply 143July 18, 2021 1:34 PM

I just watched CBS Sunday Morning and they had people on and they said in the not too distant future, Los Angeles, Las Vegas and Phoenix will be inhabitable.

by Anonymousreply 144July 18, 2021 1:37 PM

R138- NOT perfect. San Diego only gets about 8 inches of rain a year. They're a DESERT climate. It doesn't rain for about 8 months of the year. In the future this part of the country ( the entire Southwest) will become UNLIVEABLE according to an extensive study on climate change published by Propublica.

by Anonymousreply 145July 18, 2021 1:39 PM

not even because of the heat, though that is a factor, but because of the lack of water

by Anonymousreply 146July 18, 2021 1:40 PM

R145 - San Diego, when I have visited, ranged from very hot to pleasant. The best weather I ever saw was around the little Danish village of Solvang as you get near Santa Barbara. It was a corny place my parents would take us and me and my sister would just go with the carriages and play and eat candy to pur heart's content after an all-you can eat Swedish buffet. Of course, our folks liked Santa Barbara and visiting the mission but they had to shut us up somehow and once they made a local beer...my dad was happy. I once forced my late partner to go to the buffet and he ended up loving it. Perfect weather. Always.

by Anonymousreply 147July 18, 2021 1:44 PM

What a beautiful man OP. Pleasure, pure visual pleasure.

by Anonymousreply 148July 18, 2021 1:45 PM

The whole state of California is a desert. The only reason the west was livable was because the damming of the Colorado River.

by Anonymousreply 149July 18, 2021 1:47 PM

R149- Even the San Francisco Bay area is a desert. When I got off the plane at SFO airport years ago. I looked out the window of the airport and all I saw was sand.

by Anonymousreply 150July 18, 2021 1:49 PM

R144 - yet even then, LA real estate will be insanely expensive.

R149 - not true north of Santa Barbara. It is arid, but not hot. The Bay Area is actually foggy and chilly.

by Anonymousreply 151July 18, 2021 1:50 PM

Meanwhile, it won't stop raining in upstate New York, transforming the area into something akin to jungle.

I have been forced for the past month to mow the lawn while it is still wet because it has ALWAYS been wet. And then, three days later, the grass is tall and unruly, all over again. If I let it go, it is soon impossible to cut. Vines appear seemingly from no where. And they grow at the speed of sound.

The only lucky break has been that the ground is so thoroughly soaked, I can often pull the vines out by the roots. And guess what! The weather forecast for the next week is rain, rain, and more rain.

by Anonymousreply 152July 18, 2021 1:57 PM

R152- I live just north of NYC and our reservoirs are 99.2 % full, which is VERY high for July. We had that huge amount of rain on Thursday into Friday.

by Anonymousreply 153July 18, 2021 2:05 PM

And then more rain during the day yesterday (Saturday.) And it rained extremely heavily all last night.

by Anonymousreply 154July 18, 2021 2:14 PM

I should have said a WEEK ago Thursday into Friday.

by Anonymousreply 155July 18, 2021 2:44 PM

I love the heat.

by Anonymousreply 156July 18, 2021 2:48 PM

I’m also north of NYC and this morning it was 76 degrees but about 90% humidity. I usually hike 8 - 10 miles every Sunday morning but today barely managed six miles in 2 hours. The trails were wet and buggy and I felt like in was walking through soup. My hair and clothes were completely soaked with sweat. Not enjoyable. Last Sunday was hotter and probably as humid but wasn’t nearly as uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 157July 18, 2021 2:49 PM

R157- That is normal weather for July.

by Anonymousreply 158July 18, 2021 3:00 PM

It’s a bit wetter this year r158, and I didn’t say it was abnormal or unusual. It’s uncomfortable. We just has a downpour that lasted 5 minutes, then it got sunny and now 10 minutes later it looks like it is going to rain again. The weather has been pretty shitty every weekend this summer. That is unusual for July.

by Anonymousreply 159July 18, 2021 3:26 PM

R145 - no, San Diego's climate is not a desert, it is Mediterranean - albeit warmer and dryer. The marine layer provides moisture to plants even in the Summer time (dry season).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160July 18, 2021 5:23 PM

[QUOTE] However, San Diego is much more arid than typical Mediterranean climates, and winters are still dry compared with most other zones with this type of climate.

In other words: perfect.

by Anonymousreply 161July 18, 2021 5:30 PM

I’m with you. The whole planet needs to be 10 F cooler.

by Anonymousreply 162July 18, 2021 5:39 PM

Summer makes me so lethargic and makes me not want to do anything.

by Anonymousreply 163July 18, 2021 10:05 PM

For people with Asperger’s, such as myself, it’s uncomfortable. Difficult to get sleep or quiet, bright sunshine, busy spaces with queues & traffic, everyone aggressively socialising and baring a lot of flesh (even during a pandemic, apparently...) and late-night partying, a lot of weird pungent smells in the muggy air, and insects flying around. Stressors of all the senses every which way you look. Plus there’s fewer excuses to stay indoors locked safely in one’s house with books and mugs of tea, like you can in the cooler months.

And I almost never come to a cross word with those whom I live, but in the last week I have had about four verbal arguments, as well as a couple of meltdowns (which I’ve had under good control for a few years). Heatwaves are no friend of the Autistic.

by Anonymousreply 164July 18, 2021 10:18 PM

No idea how you poor Americans cope. Today in Wales it was thirty degrees, and I wanted to cry.

by Anonymousreply 165July 18, 2021 10:20 PM

Is R102 being serious? That’s unbelievably scary and disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 166July 18, 2021 10:23 PM

R165 - honey it was 38 degrees in my bus driver friends' cab today in Exeter. Poor guy didn't have AC and thanked heaven it's a week of vacation after and he's headed up to Edinburgh. As for us, we have AC and it's cheaper back in the USA and more prevalent. But there are people that can't afford it so...

by Anonymousreply 167July 18, 2021 10:27 PM

I stupidly visited my brother's family last month for their 35th wedding anniversary. Fully vaxxed and live in LA, so a leisurely drive. The whole time, it was 116-119° (47-47° C). It was unbearable.

by Anonymousreply 168July 19, 2021 1:32 AM

I won’t clean my house in the summer

by Anonymousreply 169July 19, 2021 1:34 AM

R169 I won’t do anything but the bare minimum of yard work in the summer. It’s too fucking hot to be outside for too long. I was out there for 5 minutes today and was drenched in sweat in just that small amount of time.

by Anonymousreply 170July 19, 2021 5:19 AM

I can usually take the heat, but the humidity is really killing me this year.

by Anonymousreply 171July 19, 2021 5:21 AM

R171 - are you in PS?

by Anonymousreply 172July 19, 2021 5:27 AM

R169 - Me neither. Unless I have AC, forget it. Last evening we were so sick of the heat and being unable to do anything in our apartment that we went to the local shopping center where there was an antique show and eschewed a food festival in open air. After we looked we just stayed inside and wondered around. Got some wine cocktails and headed home at 10. Around the time we started drinking them, a huge storm with massive balls of hail started out of nowhere. Trees were uprooted, cable lines were downed, and the thunder and lightning lasted an insane 15 minutes. It cooled down a bit, but the heat started again this morning. It is essentially 20 degrees hotter than historical temperatures and 17 hotter than last year. In a colder, mountainous region. Global warming is hell.

by Anonymousreply 173July 19, 2021 9:04 AM

July feels like the longest fucking month. It just drags on and on and it’s too fucking hot to do anything.

by Anonymousreply 174July 19, 2021 10:39 AM

R174 - I check the forecast every day and wait like a dog with baited breath for cooler days. I ate a salad and wine coolers only all day yesterday because my appetite goes to hell. My roommate is going through menopause and had non-stop hot flashes on top of this so it ain't pretty around these parts and, being fully vaxxed, I just called a cleaning service to clean the place as nobody with severe asthma or at menopause can do anything in this heat.

by Anonymousreply 175July 19, 2021 11:17 AM

R175 It’s just miserable, isn’t it? I also have to leave my curtains closed most of the day to help block out the sun from making it even hotter inside. I got my first electric bill of the summer a few days ago and let’s just say I wasn’t happy at all. So sick of this miserable shit.

by Anonymousreply 176July 19, 2021 11:27 AM

I'm from the Midwest and when I went to Vegas over Labor Day weekend a few years ago, and it was in the upper 90s, I thought it felt just fine. The lack of humidity made 95F in Vegas feel better than 85F in Kansas City.

by Anonymousreply 177July 19, 2021 11:36 AM

R165, you wanted to cry over 86°f? Are you kidding?

by Anonymousreply 178July 19, 2021 12:12 PM

R178 - well, it all depends on the humidity. It can be in the 80's, but here we had 69% humidity at 87, so the real feel is hotter according to the heat-humidity index. And that, of course, isn't even taking into account the heat radiating off of asphalt, etc. You all called the poor queen who wouldn't leave his car to walk to a restaurant in 94 degrees a chubby bastard, but trust me, a day like that with high humidity is already coded as danger. Walking to your car if it's hot enough and humid and the asphalt is burning can make you lightheaded and dizzy. Happened to me.

by Anonymousreply 179July 19, 2021 12:32 PM

See here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180July 19, 2021 12:34 PM

R175 and others, why don’t you at least have a window A/C? You can get one under $100. The supermarket near me was selling a Panasonic unit for $88.

by Anonymousreply 181July 19, 2021 12:46 PM

R181 - I am not in the US. They sell those here but we didn't foresee that this summer would be 20 degrees hotter than last for a whole solid 1.5 months. All the portables require installation and it's not like we will be here after fall anyway. But for those that are at home, your idea is very good. Of course, every budget is different and electric bills go up. A bucket of ice in front of a fan is what I did. Also, just running somewhere with AC to work during the day helps with exhaustion...I have asthma and all.

by Anonymousreply 182July 19, 2021 12:57 PM

Guys, you really have to include your location when you bitch about the weather or your post is just about useless.

by Anonymousreply 183July 19, 2021 1:01 PM

It’s been average in Michigan. Sometimes warm; sometimes cold. No change really. Have had to turn the heat on a couple times because it’s 60s in July.

by Anonymousreply 184July 19, 2021 1:03 PM

AC stays on from Easter till Halloween

by Anonymousreply 185July 19, 2021 1:11 PM

R182, as for installation, a portable, window unit requires two screws.

by Anonymousreply 186July 19, 2021 1:25 PM

[quote] I don't understand how people can live in the Southwest... I'd expect by 2040, Arizona, Nevada, and New Mexico will become completely uninhabitable.

r4 Yes, and by that time, California and Oregon will have burned up and fallen into the Pacific from earthquakes.

by Anonymousreply 187July 19, 2021 1:28 PM

I grew up in Florida and remember when the south had the worst summer weather in the nation. No more. It has been quite pleasant this year with all the rain.

by Anonymousreply 188July 19, 2021 1:31 PM

R178 unfortunately, I am serious. It does sound absurd, I’m aware of that.

Thermostatic regulation has been a problem for me since childhood, thanks to interoception impairments. It’s very common in kids with ASD, and a small group never outgrow it. Some of us just struggle to control or find awareness of our body temperature.

Appetite and levels of energy also aren’t easy for me to regulate. Via timers and reminders I have to be reminded to eat and sleep at reasonable times (and there are days I slip, only eating dinner or staying on my iPhone til 4AM), and I tend to eat the same things for months on end.

It’s a really weird symptom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189July 19, 2021 2:06 PM

I grew up in Florida and currently live in Texas. Spent a few years in Chicago. Trust me, I would much rather deal with 3 digit heat than minus digit cold.

by Anonymousreply 190July 19, 2021 2:11 PM

[QUOTE] I grew up in Florida and remember when the south had the worst summer weather in the nation. No more. It has been quite pleasant this year with all the rain.

Now all they have to worry about is building collapses.

by Anonymousreply 191July 19, 2021 2:13 PM

July is the worst month. Hot and humid hell. And fall is still two months away! But the days are get uhh Shorter and the sun angle is getter less direct day by day.

by Anonymousreply 192July 19, 2021 2:15 PM

At least in August you know that summer is on a short leash, and back to school sales are in swing

by Anonymousreply 193July 19, 2021 2:16 PM

The neighbor to the rear of my house (which is the west-facing side) has been relentlessly cutting down all of the very large trees in his yard for the past two weeks. So now my house will have no shade during the heat of the day. Thanks, dickhead.

by Anonymousreply 194July 19, 2021 2:20 PM

[quote] Most queens do not handle summer heat. I don’t know why either.

Do you think it could be all the tucking, gowns and war paint?

by Anonymousreply 195July 19, 2021 2:24 PM

[quote] [R34], I really thought people were just being dramatic when it comes to hot days in NYC, until I experienced the hottest day on earth while I was there in July. Horrible. The exhaust fumes mixed with random food smells and the occasional whiff of weed really did me in.

R42 Along with the smells of trash, urine and feces.

by Anonymousreply 196July 19, 2021 2:26 PM

Yeah summer is for assholes

by Anonymousreply 197July 19, 2021 2:31 PM

Philly guy here. Have always hated hot weather, even though I was fortunate enough to grow up in a household with an A/C in every room(thanks to my uncles who got into the A/C business very early on) My time of year is October through April. I do remember Septembers as being pleasant, but that's become a thing of the past. Each year, when I see the trees leaf out, I am reminded of the unpleasantness to come.

I take a walk very early every day(before sunrise), approx. 3 miles, to take advantage of what I jokingly refer to as the more comfortable part of the day. Even in just a T-shirt and shorts it's unbearable, at 75 or 80F and usually matching humidity, but most times the % is higher. I calculate my walks by how many sheets of paper towels I use before I get back home. Yesterday was a 6-sheeter, today was just a 3.

Give me Fall, Winter and Spring and I'm a happy camper. Cooler, dryer, and eminently more livable. Always easier to warm up and be comfortable than it is to cool down. Jackets, hats, scarves and other cold season wear are preferable to being outside in hot and sticky temperatures, where it's impossible to feel at ease. Freshly-showered, lightly-clothed and while I'm locking my front door to go off to do errands I feel like I've stepped into a steam room(certainly not in the fun way) I'm in store for at least another 2 months of this hellish weather, but trying to keep my eye on the prize which is October and beyond. Hang in there, kiddies.

by Anonymousreply 198July 19, 2021 2:31 PM

I’m totally with everyone here. I hate summer, hot weather, the beach, California, Florida etc. I’d rather freeze my ass off. Hot weather brings white trash and rednecks as well. Lije many posters here I’d rather live in Maine.

by Anonymousreply 199July 19, 2021 2:36 PM

Honestly I think it would be pure hell to have the same weather every day like California and Florida. I know they have cold snaps but overall it’s like being trapped in Groundhog Day.

by Anonymousreply 200July 19, 2021 2:39 PM

R200 - not really like that in Los Angeles. While there are a few perfect days, most of May - June is gloomy and overcast. The so called "June gloom" with high air pressure and very unpleasant light. After that, in July - September or early October it is hot or VERY hot. After that it is crisp but not too cold though rain in any of those months makes traffic worse than ever. Always thought other than the lack of humidity (which is horrible), L.A. weater is overrated.

by Anonymousreply 201July 19, 2021 2:51 PM

I grew up in NJ. Lived in PA, NYC, FL, and now Socal for the past two years. Out of all of those areas of the country, the weather in Southern California while hot at times has the most pleasant weather for most days throughout the year. Are summers hot? Yeah, but nothing like a hot July in swampy New Jersey or the ungodly incessant humidity of South Florida.

by Anonymousreply 202July 19, 2021 3:00 PM

R202 - it's funny you say that. I haven't been there in summer yet, but a lot of my co-workers have travelled to NYC and the surrounding area for work and say it is akin to Southeast Europe in the summer. I was just trying to explain it to my sister because she just couldn't understand how it could be worse than July in LA due to humidity. Have to feel the mysery to believe it, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 203July 19, 2021 3:19 PM

[quote] Strangely enough here in coastal Georgia we're having the kind of summer I remember from my youth in the 50s and 60s. Moderate temps in the mid 80s to the low 90s and a nice rain event several times a week in the later afternoon or evening that cools everything down. Occasionally the rain event is a whopper of a storm, but I'm okay with that because I love storms. The air is always so clean smelling after a big storm with lots of lightning.

r140 Right? I live in Florida and I was just saying that the other day. This weather reminds me of my youth when I had to cut the grass in the morning BEFORE the daily rains came. And, they did. But, there was NEVER this constant, intense, radiating HEAT At least I don't remember it.

I wonder what is happening that is reviving the southern US weather conditions of 50 years ago?

by Anonymousreply 204July 19, 2021 4:17 PM

[quote] I just watched CBS Sunday Morning and they had people on and they said in the not too distant future, Los Angeles, Las Vegas and Phoenix will be inhabitable.

r144 Yup, by 2050. No need for that 30-year mortgage.

by Anonymousreply 205July 19, 2021 4:21 PM

Been very mild to coolish summer in North Carolina this year, despite horrendous humidity over the weekend

by Anonymousreply 206July 19, 2021 4:41 PM

R203- What countries are in Southeast Europe?

by Anonymousreply 207July 19, 2021 5:05 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208July 19, 2021 5:08 PM

Lived in Honolulu for 12 years. Temperature never went above 90 and never below 60.

Heaven!

Of course, when it dropped into the 60s the locals all broke out their down jackets, earmuffs and mittens.

by Anonymousreply 209July 19, 2021 5:16 PM

r209, reminds me of when I worked at Disney World in the early 90s -- we could always identify the visitors from the UK in the winter when it was below 65 degrees -- we'd be wearing winter coats and gloves and they'd be waltzing around in tees, shorts and sandals.

by Anonymousreply 210July 19, 2021 5:20 PM

R186 - thank you. I went and looked but the kind they have and the windows we have don't match so no go. If I stayed here longer I guess I could order one and all but it's not worth a few hundred bucks on the unit for a place I won't stay in much longer.

by Anonymousreply 211July 19, 2021 6:33 PM

I always hated summer, the heat, humidity, bugs, cannot wait until October, 5pm it's nice and dark. Those people that love the heat and humidity should be shipped to Saudi Arabia.

by Anonymousreply 212July 19, 2021 7:23 PM

NYC in summer is the worst. When I lived there I had a neighbor who'd grown up in Ghana, basically equatorial Africa. She said NYC was hotter and more uncomfortable than anything she'd experienced in Africa.

by Anonymousreply 213July 19, 2021 7:29 PM

I never understood the hype about summer. Fall is the best season by far. The weather is comfortable and the trees and skies look beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 214July 19, 2021 7:31 PM

In the NYC area September is now part of summer. The air conditioner doesn't stop until Oct. It doesn't help that my apartment gets especially hot as there is no cross through ventilation and my building gets no shade so it really is a concrete oven with no chance to cool down.

by Anonymousreply 215July 19, 2021 7:36 PM

^And electricity rates are just about the highest in the country, so @$350 a month to air-condition, esp. if your apartment is old and leaky.

by Anonymousreply 216July 19, 2021 7:40 PM

I don’t know how people are dining outdoors at restaurants. I see them all the time. All I want to do is go from one indoor air conditioned environment right to the next.

by Anonymousreply 217July 19, 2021 8:34 PM

Here where air con and fans are not standard, it’s going to be above 20 degrees (68 for you mob) until 2 or 3 in the morning.

Fuck me. Fuck off. Fucking high pressure.

This feels like the heat I experienced in Dubai when I went there some fifteen years ago. In Britain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218July 19, 2021 9:21 PM

[quote]I do remember Septembers as being pleasant, but that's become a thing of the past.

Yep. For the past decade, here in the Midwest it’s still in the 80’s even in early October!

by Anonymousreply 219July 19, 2021 9:38 PM

[quote]The neighbor to the rear of my house (which is the west-facing side) has been relentlessly cutting down all of the very large trees in his yard for the past two weeks. So now my house will have no shade during the heat of the day. Thanks, dickhead.

This is why when you buy a house, one of the first things you should do is strategically plant a few trees (if there are none) 🌳 in your yard 🏡 where you know they will grow to give your house good shade. That way you don’t have to rely on trees your neighbors have that they might end up cutting down.

by Anonymousreply 220July 19, 2021 9:45 PM

[QUOTE] Yep. For the past decade, here in the Midwest it’s still in the 80’s even in early October!

Summers are actually getting longer, unfortunately. It’s predicted that sweltering summers could last for a span of six months within the next 80 years. Between now and then, summers will keep getting longer and hotter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221July 19, 2021 9:49 PM

September? Anymore here in the midwest cooler weather isn't til November. Green leaves still on trees through Halloween.

by Anonymousreply 222July 19, 2021 9:52 PM

R221 I’m glad I’ll be dead by then.

by Anonymousreply 223July 19, 2021 9:52 PM

You’ll be dead at its worst, R223, but every year you’re alive summer will become hotter and longer. You might live long enough to see 98 degree days lasting through October.

by Anonymousreply 224July 19, 2021 10:09 PM

Heat for moi.

by Anonymousreply 225July 19, 2021 10:16 PM

R220 My yard is postage-stamp sized and there isn't room for large trees. The neighbor with the now-removed trees has a much larger plot. Your emojis really helped to get the point across, though.

by Anonymousreply 226July 19, 2021 10:34 PM

Another reason to hate summer: crime goes up. People are out on the streets at 2 AM, alcohol kicks in faster, and shit happens.

by Anonymousreply 227July 19, 2021 10:40 PM

I get happier in august knowing summer is dying

by Anonymousreply 228July 20, 2021 12:27 AM

[quote] I always hated summer, the heat, humidity, bugs, cannot wait until October, 5pm it's nice and dark. Those people that love the heat and humidity should be shipped to Saudi Arabia.

r212 I lived in Arabia for five years, first in Riyadh and next in Manama. Riyadh was hot and dry, like Arizona. Not bad. Manama sucks the breath out of you. It was 100 degrees with 90% humidity. Nothing like it.

by Anonymousreply 229July 20, 2021 12:39 AM

That’s exactly how I feel r228. And I’m excited after the summer solstice because evey day after that is a little shorter

by Anonymousreply 230July 20, 2021 12:52 AM

R226 Then either turn up the AC or move, bitch.🤷‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 231July 20, 2021 1:00 AM

If I didn’t have to work I’d just go nocturnal in the sunmer

by Anonymousreply 232July 20, 2021 1:20 AM

I love the summer — Said every redneck and white trash hick

by Anonymousreply 233July 20, 2021 7:42 AM

r229 You lived in a city that sounds like my favorite 'Muppets' song: "Manama-nah, nah nah nah nah nah, Manama-nah nah nah nah nah....." Those dancing rats always make me laugh.

r230 I hear ya', my friend. I can tell already that the sun rises a little bit later, when I'm out doing my daily walk. C'mon October!!!

by Anonymousreply 234July 20, 2021 8:31 AM

I love that subtle warm quiet ache of saudade you get in the last dying throes summer and the start of autumn—September blues. There’s something sad and bit heartbreaking about it, but also strangely pleasurable in a bittersweet romantic way too.

The height of summer just feels uncomfortable and makes everyone tetchy.

by Anonymousreply 235July 20, 2021 10:28 AM

I loved autumn when I was a boy. The airs the smells and the deep rich blazing colors of the leaves. I've lived in the city for decades. Do these autumns still happen? It seems to go from summer to a brown autumn to a brief winter where I live.

by Anonymousreply 236July 20, 2021 10:45 AM

R234 - you sound like an interesting person. So what is the routine? You walk 1 kilometer every day? Then eat?

by Anonymousreply 237July 20, 2021 10:55 AM

I’m so sick of the heat and the sun that I don’t do my grocery shopping until the sun goes down.

by Anonymousreply 238July 20, 2021 11:33 AM

Summer can be a bit of a test. I like the challenge. The green everywhere makes it all worthwhile.

Winter can be a test, too. I accept that challenge. Grey skies and mud and leafless trees I do not find to be nourishing.

by Anonymousreply 239July 20, 2021 12:59 PM

r237 I walk approximately 5 kilometers per day, usually in one clip. I sometimes eat when I get home, but occasionally will delay, and meet a friend/friends for breakfast out.

by Anonymousreply 240July 20, 2021 1:28 PM

Halloween candy and decorations will be in many stores in about two weeks. Cracker Barrel sometimes has Halloween candy by late July

by Anonymousreply 241July 20, 2021 2:27 PM

I feel sorry for people who moved to the Sun Belt thinking they were headed to Paradise.

by Anonymousreply 242July 20, 2021 6:02 PM

Yes, stinky men everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 243July 20, 2021 6:06 PM

In the Dog Days if ya don't get it done by 10am ya don't get it done.

by Anonymousreply 244July 20, 2021 7:13 PM

^That must be why the South always looks like it's falling to pieces.

by Anonymousreply 245July 20, 2021 7:17 PM

I am SO fucking tired of that fucking ugly hot sun rising at 4am and not going away until 9pm. It’s driving me crazy seeing all that ugly light! It’s so fucking irritating and messing up my sleep!🤬

by Anonymousreply 246July 25, 2021 12:49 PM

YES! Same, it's been particularly bad this year. I don't remember it being this bad before. I don't think it's in my head either because for the first time ever our Met Office (UK here) issued an extreme heat warning.

by Anonymousreply 247July 25, 2021 12:52 PM

R246 - honey you aren't alone. I also hate it...doesn't go away until after 9 PM and the hell starts at 7 AM in terms of heat. Ugh

by Anonymousreply 248July 25, 2021 1:11 PM

R247 & R248 Thank you! So glad it’s not just me! I can’t even sleep in late or take a nap during the day because this goddamn sun is always out.🤬 And I have blackout curtains too and it still manages to slip through a bit at the bottom and on the sides. I even have to put a pillow against my bedroom door because the sun is so damn bright it shines right through underneath the door.

by Anonymousreply 249July 25, 2021 1:16 PM

Gawd, I LOVE the sun being bring so early in the morning. Perfect for starting the day early and getting the gardening done in the cool morning air.

As good as it gets!

by Anonymousreply 250July 25, 2021 1:19 PM

[QUOTE] Gawd, I LOVE the sun being bright so early in the morning. Perfect for starting the day early and getting the gardening done in the cool morning air.

Fuckkk you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251July 25, 2021 1:24 PM

R250 Go to hell you piece of shit!

by Anonymousreply 252July 25, 2021 1:25 PM

R250 - provided the air is cool and you keep chicken farmer hours. In fact, as I said on numerous threads, my heart went out to a cute twink I knew at WF who was married to an old prissy who forced him out of bed at 4 AM to see if the chickens laid eggs...in Los Angeles.

by Anonymousreply 253July 25, 2021 1:29 PM

Living in California or Arizona it would GET ON MY NERVES the RELENTLESSLY sunny days for months in a row. These places are not lush with lots of lush shade trees like Maples and Oaks so there is no where to hide from the relentless sun . A cloudy cool day is something I enjoy.

by Anonymousreply 254July 25, 2021 1:32 PM

R249 - the worst part is the mental impact. Makes you feel like a loser because not only are you screwed from disturbed sleep patterns but you also can't get shit done around the house (unless there is AC all day on blast). Yesterday, i went out, took in a plant show and had coffee and a sandwich. Walked around the old town and saw the film festival. By 5 PM, I was exhausted due to the heat and we headed home. Obviously, it was bright as morning until 9:30 PM and I said we feel like losers at home on a beautiful day alone inspite of a full day. A depressing feeling. Also, this outing is rare and that is also depressing. You lose sense of time, usually are forced indoors by the heat...even harder when all of your colleagues are 24 and have zero issues with the heat and are used to no AC and keep posting on social media.

by Anonymousreply 255July 25, 2021 1:36 PM

Yes, I've mentally decided to go out multiple times, got ready, gone outside, spent about 2 minutes outside and then just went back home. The heat is just too unpleasant. I'm going to be gentle on myself and think that's the sensible thing to do. Quite a few people actually do die from the heat. There's nothing I *have* to do that can't take a rain check until this passes.

by Anonymousreply 256July 25, 2021 1:41 PM

DC's spring and summer both have been much milder this year than they seem to have been in at least a decade. I spent yesterday with family and we sat outside (in late July!!!) in the shade almost all day. It was crazy. And there was even a relatively cool breeze. Usually late July here is pushing 100 degrees with extremely humid, still air.

I'm afraid of a hellish whiplash season next year.

July and August are my least favorite seasons, nevertheless. I loved summers during my 20s but now I prefer winter.

by Anonymousreply 257July 25, 2021 1:49 PM

This week in DC will be brutally hot

by Anonymousreply 258July 25, 2021 1:57 PM

fucking Christ on a Crutch!

by Anonymousreply 259July 25, 2021 2:01 PM

Yes, I prayed for it to cool down last week but I wasn't asking for this biblical thunder and rain. London is now flooding!

by Anonymousreply 260July 25, 2021 2:49 PM

Yes, it was the same out here in Eastern Europe. A disaster that we thought would rip off the roof. In fact, balconies and trees were yanked off/up by the storm. All that being said, the nasty and muggy weather came back with an invasion of flies I am chasing all over.

by Anonymousreply 261July 25, 2021 2:53 PM

Spend hours in the supermarket free AC !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262July 25, 2021 2:58 PM

R6 is correct. LaJolla is perfect.

Too bad a porta potty sized abode there is over a mil.

by Anonymousreply 263July 25, 2021 3:05 PM

Man, I despise summer.

Thanks for creating ‘hell on earth’, since it sure AF ain’t real, otherwise, climate change deniers!

by Anonymousreply 264July 25, 2021 3:15 PM

59 days until autumn

by Anonymousreply 265July 25, 2021 3:28 PM

R246 Don't you have shades or curtains?

by Anonymousreply 266July 25, 2021 10:58 PM

Winter is my new summer. I will bundle-up and go out and sit on the steps in the sun. Throw out bird feed and scraps and watch them eat.

by Anonymousreply 267July 25, 2021 11:03 PM

[quote] Winter is my new summer

So you live in Palm Springs?

by Anonymousreply 268July 25, 2021 11:07 PM

R266 I guess you didn’t see my follow-up post at R249.

by Anonymousreply 269July 25, 2021 11:38 PM

Summer is vile

by Anonymousreply 270July 25, 2021 11:41 PM

Oh. Wow. I seem to be all right as long as the shades are closed to the bottom. The sun must be brighter where you are.

by Anonymousreply 271July 25, 2021 11:45 PM

It's a shame summer has gotten so fucked. Ninety degree heat for weeks on end. Higher temperatures than that in some places. How can anyone in their right mind deny climate change? It did NOT used to be this way in the summer. Summer used to be considered a wonderful time, "sweet, sweet summertime", as Bob Seger called it in "Night Moves." Not any more.

By the way, the air conditioning has been on the fritz in my apartment building since June 19. Ninety degree temperatures and no AC. I feel like I'm living a real life version of "The Midnight Sun" from the Twilight Zone.

by Anonymousreply 272July 25, 2021 11:54 PM

I’ve always had a really high temperature naturally so I love autumn and winter. I don’t get coke until -5.

by Anonymousreply 273July 26, 2021 2:13 AM

The air conditioning in my car is broken. I went to the store today (Georgia) and even my face and forearms were sweating. Taking off my cloths was like taking off a wet bathing suit. I felt like cutting them off with scissors

It doesn't help that I've worked from home for the past year and a half. I only go out once or twice a week. I'm not used to the heat at all

by Anonymousreply 274July 26, 2021 2:51 AM

[quote]Is R102 being serious? That’s unbelievably scary and disgusting.

R166, I'm not R102, but he is completely correct. Due to increased temperatures, the range of Naegleria fowleri is expanding to the northern states.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275July 26, 2021 4:14 AM

[quote]I don’t get coke until -5.

Your poor dealer. I hope you at least invite them in and offer them some hot cocoa.

by Anonymousreply 276July 26, 2021 4:52 AM

Bugs are so vile

by Anonymousreply 277July 26, 2021 12:21 PM

Not only do I have to run the air conditioner nonstop, but the dehumidifier as well since I live in the Midwest and it’s humid as hell here.

Can’t fucking stand summer. And yes, like others said, summer used to be fun and enjoyable and usually in the low 80’s. Now the norm is usually the low 90’s.🥵

by Anonymousreply 278July 26, 2021 1:27 PM

AUGUST 31ST BABY! IT’S ALMOST OVER! YESS!!

by Anonymousreply 279August 31, 2021 4:23 AM

R279 Good riddance. I’m ready for cold weather.

by Anonymousreply 280August 31, 2021 4:35 AM

We're in the middle of a heat wave AND a COVID wave so this summer just keeps on truckin' for us, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 281August 31, 2021 4:35 AM

I hope September & October stay relatively mild. It’s been a mild but humid summer in LA. I’m still sick of it and long for low 60s weather. Or colder

by Anonymousreply 282August 31, 2021 4:37 AM

Everybody thinks summer ends at the end of August, but the official end of summer in 2021 is September 22. So there's still a ways to go before it really ends. I used to like the summer. I don't like it so much anymore.

by Anonymousreply 283August 31, 2021 4:49 AM

Thankfully it will be over soon. I don’t mind summer in it’s final throes.

by Anonymousreply 284August 31, 2021 4:51 AM

I love how it’s getting dark sooner and the sun isn’t up until late. The sun sucks. The less I see it, the better.

by Anonymousreply 285August 31, 2021 4:58 AM

I love summer.

Exurient heat is fleeting in Wisconsin.

Wouldn't mind a frost to kill off the mosquitos, though.

by Anonymousreply 286August 31, 2021 6:31 AM

I love when the sun sets at night for the day. I feel like the sun equals heat and responsibilities. When the sun goes down, I feel much more relaxed.

by Anonymousreply 287August 31, 2021 6:46 AM

Left L.A. last week to work outside of Boston for the fall until Thanksgiving- last week was brutally hot and muggy due to the hurricane, but I am anticipating the autumn here….the leaves, layered clothing, fall light, the whiff of cold air that presages winter. One thing I do miss about summer is seeing fireflies- they used to be legion in Chicago where I grew up. None in North/South California. Really the perfect summer for me now is in Northern Cali- It can get hot, but it always cools down at night. Plus the perfect goth weather of doom, gloom, and rain for 5 months.

by Anonymousreply 288August 31, 2021 9:20 AM

[quote] summer in it’s final throes.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 289August 31, 2021 11:42 AM

[quote] summer used to be…usually in the low 80’s. Now the norm is usually the low 90’s.

Where? Not in New York, that’s for sure.

by Anonymousreply 290August 31, 2021 11:42 AM

I hate September because so often it's a summer wanna be... humid.

by Anonymousreply 291August 31, 2021 1:02 PM

R109 Shut up no ones interested.

by Anonymousreply 292August 31, 2021 1:23 PM

Summer is the season if trash. They’re usually outside constantly trying to swim in any body of water they can find even if it’s not appropriate. They love grilling and can be heard hollering.

by Anonymousreply 293August 31, 2021 2:24 PM

All you heat lovers, come to the UK . I live in London and this has been the shittiest Spring and Summer that I can remember in my fifty years. Makes me wish that I was young when we would fuck off to Jamaica for six weeks in the summer every couple of years.

Black people and others with melanin in the UK; please remember to either adjust one's diet accordingly or take extra Vitamin D in supplement form because the comparative weak sun rays of the Northern Europe are not for us, but for white people who acquire enough vitamin D from this sun or lack thereof. Vitamin D is important for healthy teeth and bones. The UK aint the place to be old, not rich and unable to stand up straight or support one's body....and this goes for any race.

by Anonymousreply 294August 31, 2021 3:16 PM

I agree summer is for white trash

by Anonymousreply 295August 31, 2021 9:03 PM

Oh, I love me the summer. What with my American flag tank top, grilling on the BBQ and swilling the booz—hey, r295, whatchoo tryin to say?

by Anonymousreply 296August 31, 2021 9:06 PM

Southern CA hasn't even hit its peak yet for summer heat. That comes in October when it will rise into the 100's, often hitting 110 +. It's always amusing to me when other states are all "Pumpkin spice and cool weather for Halloween" when in LA we're sweating bullets and hoping that we don't lose power.

by Anonymousreply 297August 31, 2021 9:40 PM

^ Lived in LA for years, My highest AC bills were always for October.

by Anonymousreply 298August 31, 2021 10:04 PM

R267Exactly the reason I would never live in Los Angeles

by Anonymousreply 299August 31, 2021 10:04 PM

Wow, I didn’t know that California was still hot in October.

by Anonymousreply 300August 31, 2021 10:05 PM

Omg September 1st is already a huge improvement. It’s cloudy and cool, 68 degrees. I’ve got both windows open in my bedroom with no AC for the first time probably since June. All this cool fresh air blowing through. Omg it’s miraculous!

by Anonymousreply 301September 1, 2021 1:02 PM

the rest of the week here will be wet and cooler

by Anonymousreply 302September 1, 2021 1:04 PM

Sweet September, I knew you would bring me joy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303September 1, 2021 1:20 PM

R299 Grateful.

by Anonymousreply 304September 1, 2021 5:43 PM

Well my blissful cool cloudy day turned into a nightmare of storms and tornadoes and flooding, but I’ll still take it over that miserable summer heat.

by Anonymousreply 305September 2, 2021 12:00 AM

R109

SHUT

THE

FUCK

UP

You’re a babbling, verbose, fucking-mental case.

NO ONE wants to hear you bitching about the very decent and desirable weather in San Diego. Shut it, Mary.

by Anonymousreply 306September 2, 2021 1:33 AM

😂 Guy was bitching cause he has to wear a jacket when he goes out at night in January. You know what I wear when I go out at night in January? Nothing, cause it’s so fucking cold I don’t bother leaving the house.

by Anonymousreply 307September 2, 2021 1:45 AM

R161- San Diego is NOT perfect. It only rains 8 inches a year. NYC for instance received 49 inches of rain per year. San Diego will not be sustainable for life in a few decades.

by Anonymousreply 308September 2, 2021 1:45 AM

They don't call it a cruel summer for nothing.

by Anonymousreply 309September 2, 2021 2:59 AM

Bump because, at least LA and Southern Europe are dealing with a horrible Indian summer. Ans yes, I am far too hot to care about being PC. Anyone else about to lose their mind? I haven't been able to function properly, walk anywhere, there is no AC, cleaning is impossible and haven't been able to even go out and exercise. Anyone else still struggling?

by Anonymousreply 310September 14, 2021 7:58 AM

September is the new July, didn't you get the flyer?

by Anonymousreply 311September 14, 2021 8:31 AM

R311 - well it always was in Los Angeles but I never expected it to feel like Mississippi in July in Transylvania. If you take into account the heat humidity index and the way the sun burns the asphalt, it is a good 115 degrees. It's a weird thing...older people are still set in the gray, cold and dreary image of Eastern Europe of the Communist era. Gen Z is in bikinis by the pool, posting all over social media and look at the elders like they are insane. Nowhere is climate change so obvious....no AC and while one generation is still talking heating bills, the other is walking around suntanned and buying AC units. Amazing dichotomy to see and total proof of global warming. Hell, they have palm trees in the city center and only cover them up during Christmas. Crazy.

by Anonymousreply 312September 14, 2021 9:26 AM

Things have gotten bad again, yes, but nowhere near as bad as it was in June.

by Anonymousreply 313September 14, 2021 11:39 AM

it feels hotter now than it was in August

by Anonymousreply 314September 14, 2021 11:40 AM

can I have your stuff...????????

by Anonymousreply 315September 14, 2021 11:41 AM

Actually, in Dallas, we are having a slightly cooler and less humid summer than the last 10 or so years.............welcome relief from 10 years of pure inferno......and moisture/humidity..........gak, I hate the humidity..........

by Anonymousreply 316September 14, 2021 11:43 AM

Today felt like just a the very beginning of autumn in LA. Yes, it is a cock tease but it's supposed to be in the 70's all week and I even wore a sweatshirt to work out outside at the gym in the late afternoon. We have had a mild summer in LA, but the humidity has been high. Still, it's been pretty nice overall, but we'll see if October broils which usually happens.

by Anonymousreply 317September 15, 2021 7:27 AM

R317 - yeah, we have like one more week to go out here before we can function again like normal human beings. My mom says it has been hot as hell in LA all summer and my menopausal sister isn't a good source because she hides away in her bedroom at 50 degree and says she is still hot. Also, you seriously wear a sweatshirt when it's in the 70's and you work out?

by Anonymousreply 318September 15, 2021 10:09 AM

Philly guy here. Hoping the next drop in temperatures will be the one that ushers in sustained cooler and dryer autumnal weather. Walking this morning it was 70℉, no air movement and I needed 4 sheets of paper towels to get me through it.

Getting some very much needed rain overnight and later on tomorrow morning, accompanied by a 10 degree drop in temps. Whoo-HOO!

I am aching to get out sweatshirts, jackets and hats. C'mon Mother Nature, you OWE us.

by Anonymousreply 319September 15, 2021 4:38 PM

very hot and humid today in NYC!

by Anonymousreply 320September 15, 2021 4:48 PM

Still hot where I am, but the other morning, I was outside and there was a slight chill in the air!!!

by Anonymousreply 321September 15, 2021 6:02 PM

The humidity came back with a vengeance. It’s stifling. I’m back to taking two showers a day! All I do is fucking sweat when I’m out.

by Anonymousreply 322September 15, 2021 7:58 PM

R319 - hey, at least you went out and did your walk. Respect! Then again, I've had a admired-crushed on you forever. How do you get the motivation?

by Anonymousreply 323September 15, 2021 8:31 PM

R322 - well that alone makes you unique on DL. Some posters have admitted to not showering too much.

by Anonymousreply 324September 15, 2021 8:33 PM

LA has had an October weather pattern. Hot as Hell until a few days prior to Halloween.

by Anonymousreply 325September 15, 2021 9:35 PM

r323 You make me blush, my friend. I appreciate the sentiment. My motivation is the belief in the saying: "If you want to keep moving, keep moving." In the past year I've missed 5 days of no walks, three were post-appendectomy and two were because all the pavements were iced up, otherwise I'm out there rain, snow or shine. On the days I didn't walk, I felt that I was letting myself down.

Walking has also helped keep me from going stir crazy during COVID.

I know if I joined a gym I'd wind up not going after awhile. Not interested in the machines or weight training, it's strictly cardio with me. Walking is cheap, easy and can be done at any time of day or night.

When I walk I don't care about speed or time, it's strictly distance with me. I'm not unmindful of the time though, I usually can do 3 miles per hour. I've tried stepping it up but it's uncomfortable and unsustainable.

I'd recommend walking to anyone.

by Anonymousreply 326September 15, 2021 11:40 PM

[quote] Also, you seriously wear a sweatshirt when it's in the 70's and you work out?

Not usually, but it depends on where you live in LA. On a shaded rooftop on the westside in the afternoon, it gets cool until you warm up. We have marine layers that you can see over the ocean. I did ultimately make sure the fans weren't disappointed and stripped down to my tank top for the second half.

by Anonymousreply 327September 15, 2021 11:57 PM

Believe it or not, for the past 3 days, the hateful and seemingly endless 6 month summers here in Fort Lauderdale feels like it’s starting to break a bit. In the 18 years I’ve lived in this oppressive steam bath, this break is highly unusual for this time of year. Normally, you can’t wear your makeup outside without it dripping down your face like a melting ice cream cone, until November.

by Anonymousreply 328September 16, 2021 12:31 AM

R328 - are you a woman? My sister stopped wearing makeup once menopause hit her during the summer. Also says it melts and she can't be bothered when she's hot as hell.

by Anonymousreply 329September 16, 2021 4:23 AM

Ha r325- I live 3 blocks away from Santa Monica Blvd in WeHo. I love seeing how hot it is the week of Halloween, then BOOM it’s 50 degrees Halloween night, and everyone is freezing their asses off in their sexy outfits.

Right now I’m working in MA, it was so hot and muggy outside yesterday, looking forward to the cooler times and beautiful fall weather ahead.

by Anonymousreply 330September 16, 2021 10:17 AM

I love the sun, the heat and living in an area with all four seasons!

You won't sweat as much if you don't drink alcohol. Use ice, cold showers, and AC as needed.

by Anonymousreply 331September 16, 2021 10:41 AM

R331 - I used to love the sun in LA. I had AC and worked out 5 days a week . Now, I am in a place with no AC anywhere, little social life (not many are vaxxed, lots left the city with work from home, gay scene is dead), working 12 hours inside. I am probably ridiculous but drinking a six pack of low alcohol content wine coolers that are ice cold is all I look forward to. I mean, it's the equivalent of 3 glasses of wine in terms of alcohol. Very bad.

by Anonymousreply 332September 16, 2021 10:59 AM

R330 Bingo!

by Anonymousreply 333September 17, 2021 4:42 AM

Where do you live now, R332 that has turned you into a low key lush since you moved from LA. I keep fantasizing about moving to somewhere cold, but then I could see myself spending all my time in some crappy run down gay bar drinking with the locals every night.

by Anonymousreply 334September 17, 2021 5:18 AM

R334 - no haha I am not drinking in a gay bar. I am the guy in Romania for work. It's the isolation, hellish heat, no AC, asthma, 25% vax rate, working from home and all that shit that turned me into a low-key lush. Obviously, it's temporary but man, I can't see a light at the end of the tunnel because I know they will outsource my job. Got some running shoes so as soon as it cools down...I am outta the house and jogging.

by Anonymousreply 335September 17, 2021 10:10 AM

I love Autumn. I'm currently in coastal Georgia and I think we're going to have an early fall. The leaves have been falling here for about 3 weeks and certain types of weeds have stopped growing altogether, and that doesn't usually start here until late October.

by Anonymousreply 336September 17, 2021 10:27 AM

R335, I spent a spring/early summer in Bucharest/Transylvania back in 2017, and was surprised how muggy it was, and how late the sun set there. I also got into a disagreement here on DL with a woman who was working in an university city outside of Bucharest (I don’t remember) on how Romanians stared at me like I had 2 heads- I’m Asian- it was so bad, that my friend (who has monster tattoos all over him, a diamond in his tooth and huge gage earholes) had to ask everyone why they were mad-dogging me so much (and he’s used to hostile staring). She responded how in her city, there were tons of Asians, and no one thinks their odd. Yeah lady, that is now, not 4 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 337September 17, 2021 3:04 PM

Wow R337, sorry that happened to you. The city I live in is called Cluj and there is an Asian community mostly comprised of Vietnamese people who came in the 1970's. Most recently, they came to work as cleaning crew in the shopping centers. There is a small Korean market, a Thai restaurant owned by a Thai family, some Vietnamese eateries and a number of Chinese merchants. I do however totally think the second you leave the city, people will look at anything "outside the norm" as odd. Where were you?

by Anonymousreply 338September 18, 2021 8:18 AM

R338, strangely Bucharest was the worst with the staring. We shot in Sigisoara, Timisoara, Sibiu, Hunedoara, Cris, Copsa Mare, Mogo Palace, Mogo Fort, and visited Bram’s Castle and Alba Iulia. The smaller towns had the most welcoming people, with charming grubby kids trying their English on me. In one of the tiniest towns, an old man walked past me, not quite staring, then asked in broken English, « Are you Chinese? ». I replied yes, and he was very proud of himself, which was more pleasant than the hostile stares I got at that giant golf ball mall in Bucharest. In the Radisson in mid-city, (where we were lodged for 3 months), the flaming queen dining manager would make it a point to make it difficult for me to eat there, despite the rest of the crew of white guys doing the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 339September 19, 2021 2:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!