Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

As Seen On TV

What is the BEST and the WORST "As Seen On TV" product you have bought. Must have the red "As Seen On TV" logo to count.

by Anonymousreply 36June 11, 2021 7:58 PM

That device that scrambled eggs inside the shell. This is going back to the very late 70’s. Ridiculous!! And I remember the commercial was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 1June 8, 2021 1:46 PM

In my day we called it “by Ronco.”

by Anonymousreply 2June 8, 2021 1:47 PM

I distinctly remember the kid gagging on the “runny egg whites.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 8, 2021 1:50 PM

[quote]In my day we called it “by Ronco.”

Translation: I bought the spray paint for my head and thought it looked like real hair.

by Anonymousreply 4June 8, 2021 1:51 PM

Available at Walgreens, Sears, Montgomery Ward, and where other fine products are sold.

by Anonymousreply 5June 8, 2021 1:51 PM

Another 70’s one: that thing that you could put a stack of record albums in and it looked like the invisible man was flipping through them.

by Anonymousreply 6June 8, 2021 2:01 PM

That fake-ass antenna that's supposed to get all local channels without cable. I'm in a weird location (60 miles from NYC and 30 miles from the PA). I couldn't get ANY channels with that piece of shit. I bought it from WalMart and promptly returned it for a full refund.

by Anonymousreply 7June 8, 2021 2:05 PM

The "Topsy Turvey" tomato growing system. It worked great, produced a great yield, and kept my tomatoes off the ground so none of the wildlife could eat them. I wish I could find one these days.

by Anonymousreply 8June 8, 2021 2:11 PM

I am quite please with my Ever Brite solar powered outdoor motion sensor area light. It's been above my back porch door for well over a year and has been very reliable. It helps that it faces south here on the east coast so it gets the sun beating down on it for several hours a day.

by Anonymousreply 9June 8, 2021 2:17 PM

A related (but old) DL thread on a similar topic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 8, 2021 2:25 PM

Don't forget the pocket fisherman pole that was as big as your hand but could be pulled out of your pocket for spur of the moment fishing.

by Anonymousreply 11June 8, 2021 8:44 PM

I love the way they exaggerate how awful something is before they present the As Seen on TV solution.

by Anonymousreply 12June 8, 2021 8:48 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 8, 2021 8:56 PM

R12 i enjoy the vacuum cleaner commercials that have rows of M&Ms or Cheerios lined up on the floor and YIKES! the vacuum scoops them up easily!

by Anonymousreply 14June 8, 2021 8:56 PM

Best: PedEgg. Keeps my feet soft and supple.

Worst: The Stop the Insanity book. That cunt, Susan Powter, caused me to fuck up my metabolism for years. Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 15June 8, 2021 9:15 PM

The Tac Light Flashlight is good and in my emergency arsenal.

by Anonymousreply 16June 8, 2021 10:02 PM

The sock slider is what you old fat eldergays need

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 9, 2021 8:53 PM

R13 that's hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 18June 9, 2021 9:23 PM

I tried the Ped Egg but all it did was scrape off a small round area on my foot instead of removing dead skin in a widening area.

by Anonymousreply 19June 9, 2021 9:25 PM

I used to love the ginsu knife commercials. But wait. There's more!

by Anonymousreply 20June 9, 2021 9:32 PM

I loved the side sleeper pillow. It was shaped like a comma. I bought two and never saw them again.

by Anonymousreply 21June 9, 2021 10:13 PM

I loved Vince's nuts!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 9, 2021 10:45 PM

This was back in early 2000's -- before Amazon, etc. I wasted $ on these plastic disks that were sold as miracle food savers. It was a plastic ring with a flexible clear silicone sheet - you put the ring on top of a bowl, mug, can and push down. This was supposed to create a vacuum seal and keep your food fresh for days. Of course, the vacuum/suction lasted about 5 minutes. Total ripoff - it was the last time I got scammed by one of those TV ads.

by Anonymousreply 23June 9, 2021 10:49 PM

r23

The silicon lids of today work

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 10, 2021 7:05 PM

I know about the modern ones R24 - I have a set and use them frequently. The ones I describe are far inferior. I found a picture of the old school ones that were trash.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 10, 2021 9:10 PM

I got a one-needle looper with a five finger discount.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 10, 2021 9:15 PM

r8!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 10, 2021 9:32 PM

I love my pedi-egg, use it all the time

by Anonymousreply 28June 10, 2021 9:37 PM

The original Miracle Brush.

The versions made today can do it like the original.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 10, 2021 10:44 PM

^^^^ CAN'T ^^^^

by Anonymousreply 30June 10, 2021 10:46 PM

No love for me and my Dump Cakes, Dump Dinners, Crock-Pot Dump Dinners, Diabetic Dump Desserts, Crazy Mug Meals 'n' More, CrispyWave, FlatFold Colander, GT Express 101, Le Presse (fancy!), Microcrisp, Red Copper Square Dance Pan, Red Copper Flipwich, Snakmaster, Turbo Cooker Plus, and XPress Redi-Set-Go?

And my all-time masterpiece, Dump for Diabetics?

I hate you bitches.

by Anonymousreply 31June 10, 2021 11:34 PM

Grab n' Go reusable shopping bags. I love them! The handles have hooks that you hook onto your shopping cart. As food is scanned, you put it in the bags and then just lift them off the shopping cart. They're best used if you don't use self-checkout since there's a scale for self-checkout. I use them anyway because I hate plastic bags.

Also, the Green Bars from Cathy Mitchell. Really great for produce and salads.

by Anonymousreply 32June 11, 2021 12:19 PM

So nothing outside of the Ped Egg is any good huh?

by Anonymousreply 33June 11, 2021 3:20 PM

My Bed, Bath & Beyond h'm mesmerized by itas an entire wall devoted to As Seen on TV. It mesmerizes me.

by Anonymousreply 34June 11, 2021 4:23 PM

Alien tape is a huge rip-off. That spray sealant is crap as well.

by Anonymousreply 35June 11, 2021 4:56 PM

Infinity Dress

by Anonymousreply 36June 11, 2021 7:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!