Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Keira Knightley: I trampolined every day in my Chanel and red lipstick during lockdown for my daughters

In her latest interview, the mother of two, who reportedly pulled out of period drama The Essex Serpent over pandemic childcare concerns, also told how she kept her family’s spirits up during lockdown.

She said: “We have a trampoline in our garden, and we decided we were only allowed to wear dresses on it. I put on red lipstick every day, and every bit of Chanel that I have in my cupboard, and my daughter Edie had Chanel ribbons plaited into her hair and fairy wings.

“I thought, ‘What is the point of these lovely things sitting in the wardrobe when it feels quite apocalyptic and scary outside?’ It felt so important to be really happy for the kids.”

She has two children, Edie and Delilah, with her husband, James Righton, a musician and former member of the band Klaxons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 9, 2021 4:08 PM

On the one hand, she's right. On the other, I kind of want to kick her in the cunt bone.

by Anonymousreply 1June 8, 2021 6:15 AM

Why is The Guardian giving publicity to this skeleton-bodied woman?

by Anonymousreply 2June 8, 2021 6:20 AM

Did Chanel pay her for this name drop?

by Anonymousreply 3June 8, 2021 6:23 AM

If only she had spent the time instead learning how to act.

by Anonymousreply 4June 8, 2021 6:28 AM

the last time i saw a pic of her, she was no longer scary skinny. I don't know if was post-baby weight though. this is a pic from last March and she actually has a fuller face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 8, 2021 6:40 AM

A fuller face, a concave face with two necessary, artfully-draped swags of brown hair to lessen its width.

by Anonymousreply 6June 8, 2021 6:42 AM

Gotta hide that bulimia jaw somehow r6

by Anonymousreply 7June 8, 2021 6:45 AM

She's only 35 now? So she was a teenager in Love, Actually? Now it's even creepier!

by Anonymousreply 8June 8, 2021 7:02 AM

Woke Jimmy Kimmel approves

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 8, 2021 7:17 AM

Trampolines are so dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 10June 8, 2021 10:53 AM

☝️As is untreated bulimia.

by Anonymousreply 11June 8, 2021 11:15 AM

She must be a spokesperson for Chanel; I mean, I guess it could be worse, but she just seems insufferable

by Anonymousreply 12June 8, 2021 11:47 AM

She's a Chanel house ambassador, as is the appalling Kristen Stewart.

by Anonymousreply 13June 8, 2021 11:52 AM

She looks like she’d eat a fly with her quick lizard tongue.

by Anonymousreply 14June 8, 2021 11:59 AM

Concave face

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 8, 2021 12:03 PM

If you’re a British lesbian, you’re forced to give her the nostalgia pass for BEND IT LIKE BECKHAM. It’s just an unspoken rule.

So culturally I am not able to ever bring myself to completely hate her, shameless as this silly embarrassing plug is and limited as her skills are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 8, 2021 12:06 PM

Her husband's name is "James Right On!"

Gay.

by Anonymousreply 17June 8, 2021 12:15 PM

Part of me will always admire her for never getting those tiny tits enlarged.

by Anonymousreply 18June 8, 2021 1:13 PM

We'd all trampoline, garden and walk the dog in our Chanel if the company kept giving us clothes for free.

Her point about countering the bleakness of the pandemic is good though. A number of my neighbours put up some of their Christmas lights, just a line or two round the fence or the house front, to put some cheer in the neighbourhood.

by Anonymousreply 19June 8, 2021 1:58 PM

I quite like Keira.

She’s a shit actress & only manages to be beautiful sometimes (from a certain angle when she’s not smiling) but she’s alsays struck me as reasonably grounded and authentic.

I don’t think she has an eating disorder...her legs are quite fat. She gives the appearance of being skinny because she has no tits and her face is angular.

by Anonymousreply 20June 8, 2021 2:11 PM

Aww, I like her.

by Anonymousreply 21June 8, 2021 2:13 PM

R20 I have an old friend from school shaped like Keira. Tall and skinny from a distance, and thin in the face and chest, but when you get up close she’s a slim average-height pear with thunder thighs and a wide but flat ass. She also has size 9 feet.

by Anonymousreply 22June 8, 2021 2:47 PM

These bitches keep thousands of PR grunts employed and off the dole. For that we should be grateful.

by Anonymousreply 23June 8, 2021 5:22 PM

I wish someone would give all these wealthy celebrities who want to talk about their daily lives on social media little tutorials on how not to seem so grotesquely privileged and out of touch. I think they genuinely forget after a while their middle-class fans do not keep Chanel outfits in their closets.

by Anonymousreply 24June 8, 2021 8:05 PM

Those Chanel items are already in her closet, she paid for them with her own money and might as well just throw them on and jump around on her trampoline. Are people really triggered by her statement?

by Anonymousreply 25June 8, 2021 8:12 PM

Don’t think about jumping around in my collection bitch!

by Anonymousreply 26June 8, 2021 8:16 PM

Trampolining is fine when you’re a B-cup.

by Anonymousreply 27June 8, 2021 8:43 PM

What a humblebrag. Shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 28June 8, 2021 8:46 PM

I don’t know. Ever since she said she’d banned Disney films for her kids because they’re sexist I feel she takes herself too seriously. If anything she should watch them with her kids and if necessary explain to them what’s wrong with them. But banning them just seems cruel.

by Anonymousreply 29June 8, 2021 8:53 PM

The whole thing is a kind of a tone deaf "let them eat cake" kind of comment, but as others have noted, it was likely for the benefit of her Chanel overlords. I remember reading quote from her that she's the breadwinner, so she probably has to keep them happy to keep the rest of the family in that nice country house.

by Anonymousreply 30June 8, 2021 9:07 PM

Her kids will probably have fond memories of that trampoline later in their lives.

by Anonymousreply 31June 8, 2021 9:08 PM

She actually seems to raise her children and spend time with them. By a celebrity actor yardstick, that makes her Mum Of The Year every year.

by Anonymousreply 32June 8, 2021 9:21 PM

If I recall correctly, when Catherine Denueve was the face of Chanel she also did some playful tie-in trampolining.

by Anonymousreply 33June 8, 2021 9:28 PM

Even Luke Millington-Drake wouldn't have come up with that one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 8, 2021 9:31 PM

Goodie Goodie Gumdrops, Keira. Now F right the hell off, when other people had to worry about food and rent and not getting kick out of their homes or jobs.

TONE DEAF

by Anonymousreply 35June 8, 2021 9:35 PM

Did anybody see her film ‘misbehaviour’ that seems to be the way she is these days, very sjw.

by Anonymousreply 36June 8, 2021 10:13 PM

I am not sure why she has that Butter Wouldn’t Melt attitude to sex scenes as she has spent the last 20 year showing off her mosquito bites.

by Anonymousreply 37June 8, 2021 10:16 PM

This thread reminds me of this ridiculous old commercial for Pert Shampoo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 8, 2021 10:29 PM

Several years ago, I was in London and took a walking tour of the East End. The guide pointed out Keira’s house which was about a block from a very active mosque.

by Anonymousreply 39June 8, 2021 10:31 PM

All of you saying that she can’t act: mostly this is a true statement but I loved her character in Atonement.

by Anonymousreply 40June 8, 2021 11:28 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 8, 2021 11:35 PM

[quote]And then there was the time Righton, 37, decided that the family should eat only vegetables “sourced from regenerative farms” during the UK’s second lockdown, leading to some serious tension with his spouse. “I’m not a big root-veg fan, and in these regenerative boxes we were getting — this is so middle-class, I can’t bear it — there were four celeriac,” Knightley said. “And I hate celeriac! I didn’t realize I could feel so strongly about a vegetable…”

I didn't think I could love her more than I already do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 9, 2021 11:48 AM

[quote] spouse. “I’m not a big root-veg fan,

You’re not a big food fan, Keira

[quote]and in these regenerative boxes we were getting — this is so middle-class, I can’t bear it — there were four celeriac,” Knightley said. “And I hate celeriac! I didn’t realize I could feel so strongly about a vegetable…”

Sweetie, you’re from Richmond and trampoline in the free Chanel you receive modelling. No one is more bourgeois than you.

by Anonymousreply 43June 9, 2021 3:43 PM

Does she act anymore? She seems old and forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 44June 9, 2021 3:58 PM

She looks like she put on some weight in that photo, and it suits her. She can douse herself with all the Chanel she likes but yes, it's a tad insensitive. For those who don't live in a world where maids are forced to sign documents keeping mum about whatever they see in your mansion. None of these overrated nonsensical celebrities live in the real world, so whatever flies out of their mouth is basically to advertise themselves or products they are paid to endorse.

by Anonymousreply 45June 9, 2021 4:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!