Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Joshua Jackson IS Dr. Death! 💀⚰️

Pacey Witter is a young serial killer surgeon who will stop at nothing to rack up the body count. Young, charismatic and ostensibly brilliant, Dr. Duntsch was building a flourishing neurosurgery practice when everything suddenly changed. Patients entered his operating room for complex but routine spinal surgeries and left permanently maimed or dead.

As victims piled up, two fellow physicians, neurosurgeon Robert Henderson (Alec Baldwin) and vascular surgeon Randall Kirby (Christian Slater), as well as Dallas prosecutor Michelle Shughart (Michelle Williams) and Meryl Streep’s daughter (Grace Gummer) set out to stop him.

Macmanus also serves as showrunner. Todd Black, Jason Blumenthal, Steve Tisch, and Taylor Lautner also executive produce via Escape Artists, as well as Hernan Lopez and Marshall Lewy of Wondery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 18, 2022 2:07 PM

Joshua Jackson married Anne Boleyn

by Anonymousreply 1June 7, 2021 11:03 PM

This is a real movie? And his character is named Pacey?

oh this is just so sad.

by Anonymousreply 2June 7, 2021 11:06 PM

Oh this is another product from the celebrated team of Blumenthal Tisch Lautner.

No, not Metro Goldwyn Mayer, it's Blumenthal Tisch Lautner.

by Anonymousreply 3June 7, 2021 11:06 PM

He replaced Jamie Dornan. Not that Dornan is a great actor, but Jackson's casting seems like a downgrade.

by Anonymousreply 4June 7, 2021 11:14 PM

Jackson may have been mildly cute two decades ago.

But he always looked bored as through he was wishing to be somewhere else. Perhaps at home doing the ploughing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 7, 2021 11:17 PM

Jackson's character will actually be named Dr. Christopher Duntsch, after the actual serial killer's career on which the series will be based.

It's weird he will get top billing over Slater and Baldwin. He looks good though--he no longer looks as small-headed as he did during his "Dawson's Creek" days.

by Anonymousreply 6June 8, 2021 1:32 AM

[quote] he no longer looks as small-headed as he did during his "Dawson's Creek" days.

Are you saying his head has got bigger?

by Anonymousreply 7June 8, 2021 4:14 AM

Hopefully this movie will allow him to buy his wife some trousers which aren't defective.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 8, 2021 4:16 AM

Joshua Jackson to me is like Ricky Schroeder: I did not find them attractive at all when they were teens, but they look great in their thirties. I hope Jackson is not the rightwing asshole Schroeder turned out to be (and that he ages better).

by Anonymousreply 9June 8, 2021 8:39 PM

The Anna Robb casting is terrible. She looks like a sorority girl not a prosecutor. It's actually off putting. I will still watch though, it's such a bizarre story.

by Anonymousreply 10June 8, 2021 8:46 PM

Noo. A young guy is not going to be “dr death”, I’m sorry.

by Anonymousreply 11June 8, 2021 8:46 PM

I love that Pacey has a career. He just seems like a decent person and I like it when decent people keep getting work.

by Anonymousreply 12June 8, 2021 8:49 PM

More than anything, this still reminds me of "Dr. Giggles".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 8, 2021 9:33 PM

"Dr. Death"? I did this more than ten years ago!

by Anonymousreply 14June 8, 2021 9:35 PM

R11 The real psychopathic Christopher Duntsch was just over 40 when he was butchering patients, so Jackson is the ideal age to play this guy.

by Anonymousreply 15June 8, 2021 9:48 PM

Oooh, okay. ^

by Anonymousreply 16June 8, 2021 9:59 PM

He is still gorgeous in my opinion. I like him better with a full beard, but I'll take him any way I can get him. He's got a perfect combination of choir boy & horn dog about him.

by Anonymousreply 17June 8, 2021 10:05 PM

[quote] I'll take him

You'll have to fight this hungry woman to do that, R17.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 8, 2021 11:40 PM

I read about the story behind this and I can't figure out if the guy did this intentionally or he was just a complete drug addled mess.

by Anonymousreply 19June 8, 2021 11:40 PM

“..., and Taylor Lautner also executive produce via Escape Artists...” You mean Taylor Latham. (a woman btw) LOL Taylor Lautner.. imagine.

by Anonymousreply 20June 10, 2021 12:15 PM

[quote] Are you saying his head has got bigger?

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 21January 18, 2022 2:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!