Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Burger King throws shade at Chick-fil-A with a pro-LGBTQ fried chicken sandwich

Just as new reports show Chick-fil-A's co-owner donating to extremist causes, Burger King is donating money from its new chicken sandwiches to an LGBTQ cause for Pride Month, "even on Sundays."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53June 10, 2021 1:56 PM

Good for Burger King and actually their chicken sandwich is quite good. I enjoy them regularly :)

by Anonymousreply 1June 7, 2021 4:11 PM

This will just make people want to eat more at Chick-fil-A.

by Anonymousreply 2June 7, 2021 4:14 PM

^ Why?

by Anonymousreply 3June 7, 2021 4:42 PM

R2, more proof that "Christians" can be hateful people.

by Anonymousreply 4June 7, 2021 5:34 PM

Ha-ha! Hate that chick fil-a garbage.

by Anonymousreply 5June 7, 2021 5:52 PM

R3, part of the reason Americans love to eat at Chick-fil-A is their conservative values and to "own the libs". Burger King's promotion just fuels this.

by Anonymousreply 6June 7, 2021 6:00 PM

This is purely performative. Any time that a company does this kind of PR, you only need to peel back the onion a bit.

BK has done nothing to ensure LGBT worker protections, but McDonald's has. If you want junk food, go get a Big Mac.

BK was always in the 50% range out of the HRC CEI, while McDonald's has kept a 100%.

Nowadays, they don't even rank BK or CFA. If BK can't be bothered to let LGBT employees enjoy the basic protections of its competitors, they don't deserve our gay dollar as much as we think.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 7, 2021 6:00 PM

Al we ask is that they let us do it our way.

by Anonymousreply 8June 7, 2021 6:03 PM

[quote]Al we ask is that they let us do it our way.

Sharpton?

Bundy??

Gore???

Capone????

by Anonymousreply 9June 7, 2021 6:16 PM

R7, I'd like to go to McDonald's but they have nothing vegetarian except for fries.

by Anonymousreply 10June 7, 2021 6:32 PM

How can Burger King duplicate that subtle, obnoxious, fake pickle flavor?

by Anonymousreply 11June 7, 2021 6:34 PM

McDonald's is testing a veggie burger

by Anonymousreply 12June 7, 2021 6:37 PM

r11, probably with (WAIT) pickles

by Anonymousreply 13June 7, 2021 6:40 PM

As I get older, all fast food makes me feel like shot afterwards. What the hell in in that stuff??

by Anonymousreply 14June 7, 2021 7:29 PM

I wish fast food chains would stop trying to chase after Chick-Fil-A's chicken sandwich popularity. They're just adding fuel to the fire and giving them more publicity. It's driven out of pure bigotry. Their customers are going to keep going there despite what other fast food chains offer their own version of a chicken sandwich with a pickle on it. The "chicken sandwich wars" are only encouraging more bigots to keep supporting Chick-Fil-A in droves out of spite.

by Anonymousreply 15June 7, 2021 7:32 PM

The whole reason people like chick fil-a because they go after gay people. People who post here who eat there in only post to troll gay people.

by Anonymousreply 16June 7, 2021 7:36 PM

Very true R15.

by Anonymousreply 17June 7, 2021 7:38 PM

I haven't eaten it for a long, long time, but I enjoyed Burger King's original chicken sandwich. The oblong-shaped one. Fried chicken patty. Only condiments are shredded lettuce and mayo. The breading on the patty is peppery.

by Anonymousreply 18June 7, 2021 7:43 PM

R16 everyone seems to eat at Chik Fil A

The one by my house is predominantly Black ran and the customers are predominantly Black

Most don't care or don't even know about their so called anti gay stance

by Anonymousreply 19June 7, 2021 7:44 PM

I think I had read that Chik Fil A made some positive motions toward turning their image around, but it sounds like they are back to the same shit.

by Anonymousreply 20June 7, 2021 7:46 PM

I would love to try a Chik Fil A. I heard they are very tasty. But I just can’t bring myself to supporting an anti-gay business. But then, I’m still boycotting Coors, so maybe I’m a bit out of the times.

by Anonymousreply 21June 7, 2021 7:48 PM

In November 2019, Chick-fil-A announced that it would not make contributions in 2020 to the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and The Salvation Army (the last two organizations they support which promote anti-gay causes).

In 2019, Chick-fil-A President Tim Tassopoulos said the company will stop donating to charities with anti-LGBT views. The company will instead donate to charities focused on education, homelessness and hunger. These new organizations could include both faith-based and non-faith-based charities, but the company said none of the organizations have anti-LGBT positions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 7, 2021 7:52 PM

The Chick-Fil-A loons are going there because they think they are tithing. They don't go to church, they haven't been for decades. Chicken sandwich combo or a rice wafer that's the "body of christ"?

by Anonymousreply 23June 7, 2021 7:55 PM

[quote]Most don't care or don't even know about their so called anti gay stance

Don’t buy the “don’t know” bit, but I do the “don’t care”. And you don’t either.

by Anonymousreply 24June 7, 2021 8:01 PM

R23 you're ridiculous. EVERYONE I know, even other gay people and gay friendly people and athiests, eat at Chic Fil A, it's become the most popular fast food place

When I worked at Target a few years back, the very liberal, gay and progressive team members and management would have Chic Fil A caterered for the workers and everyone loved it

You act like it's some unknown, bizarre company that only Jesus freaks eat it

Get out of your parents basement!

by Anonymousreply 25June 7, 2021 8:02 PM

All corporate chains are terrible and engaged in immoral damaging practices. Be it anti gay, racism, keeping wages low, and if you patronize them you're tacitly supporting those practices so if you boycott Chik fil a but still eat at Burger King etc you really have no high ground.

by Anonymousreply 26June 7, 2021 8:04 PM

People lie so much on Datalounge. Why? I never understood the lying.

by Anonymousreply 27June 7, 2021 8:04 PM

In 2020 Chick Fil A waa named America's favorite fast dood chain in a survey for the 6th year straight

CFA is now the 3rd largest restaurant chain in the US as well

The company just gets bigger and bigger

Everyone just loves it

by Anonymousreply 28June 7, 2021 8:05 PM

Who is this person here?^^

by Anonymousreply 29June 7, 2021 8:05 PM

R26 yup

by Anonymousreply 30June 7, 2021 8:06 PM

I didn't grow up with Chick Fil-A and there are no outlets in my geo area. When I have traveled to places where there are a CFA, I look at the menu and was never tempted to eat there.

by Anonymousreply 31June 7, 2021 8:07 PM

Here's the source of the current controversy, so folks have context.

While CFA did stop donating directly to companies that fund anti-gay legislation, as stated in the above Wiki article, they have now gone underground and funneled money into organizations that fund organizations that fund anti-gay legislation, like their attempts to stop the Equality Act.

They just brought their hate underground, so they can smell pretty above ground.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 7, 2021 8:10 PM

Chick Fil A is also the most popular fast food chain among teenagers according to a 2019 survey. google it

Damn those Christian conservative teenagers!

by Anonymousreply 33June 7, 2021 8:11 PM

Who are you? ^^

by Anonymousreply 34June 7, 2021 8:16 PM

You're not going to convince the average American to boycott a restaurant they love. Only folks who are at least somewhat activist and mindful about their dollars' impact.

by Anonymousreply 35June 7, 2021 8:19 PM

I've sampled Burger King chicken sandwiches since the 1980s and they all suck. They've never been able to produce a chicken sandwich that is edible without explosive diarrhea afterwards. I eat one when I want to begin a new diet. Good way to cleanse out the body.

by Anonymousreply 36June 7, 2021 8:20 PM

R34 someone who sees the average person eating Chick Fil A all the time

The people in here acting like it's some obscure underground hardcore Christian only place crack me the fuck up

I've eaten there years ago but I don't eat fast food except pizza anymore

There are articles upon on articles from.places like Forbes on how "Chick Fil A took over the country", and how it's popularity has exploded in the last 10 years

How teenagers love it amd have made it the #1 fast food destination among teens

You honestly think everyone who eats there, the millions of people annually, only eat there to "give it to gay people?"

Again, most don't know or remember the gay boycott of CFA, almost TEN years ago

by Anonymousreply 37June 7, 2021 8:21 PM

Why are you so into this restaurant? Are you just trolling?

by Anonymousreply 38June 7, 2021 8:30 PM

LGBTQ Community Really Bummed They Have To Eat At Burger King Now

"Why? WHY did Burger King do this to us?" said Xander Brenner, local gay man. "Chick-fil-A is delicious. Eating their food is like touching heaven. Now I'm supposed to go to Burger King and eat this chewy crap alternative made by someone who didn't wash their hands after using the bathroom? This really stinks."

Sources say the LGBTQ community is reluctantly shuffling to their nearest Burger Kings to support the cause, heartbroken knowing they will be subjected to terrible chicken for all eternity.

"When was the last time this place was remodeled? 1972? It literally smells like cigarettes in here," said Brenner. "Everything is either sticky or slick with grease. Get me outta here."

Thankfully, Chick-fil-A has announced they will now start selling fake Burger King wrappers so that customers can disguise their Chick-fil-A sandwiches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 10, 2021 8:31 AM

R27, “people” such as R6 and R23 are probably bots, set here by malicious assholes who live to nettle others. They also might be assholes themselves who think they are intelligent and/or witty. All I can say for sure is this site was a better place to be before Mediapolis decided to open it up to Google.

by Anonymousreply 40June 10, 2021 9:57 AM

The Chick-Fil-A near me, which opened in 1995, was never particularly busy. That was until they got called out for shamelessly donating to anti LGBT efforts. It was overnight there, were lines wrapped around the building. That wasn't a coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 41June 10, 2021 12:47 PM

[quote] until they got called out for shamelessly donating to anti LGBT efforts

And how many years ago was that. Except for the few who obsessively pick that scab who thinks of it now when they want a fast chicken sandwich?

by Anonymousreply 42June 10, 2021 12:54 PM

The people defending this place—weird.

by Anonymousreply 43June 10, 2021 1:04 PM

The bottom line is that most people don't care about anything much, but they also get angry when they think someone is trying to take their fun away. Fast food is fun. Live Laugh Love plaques are fun. Cheap TVs are fun. Ordering online is fun. That's why they still go to CFA and Hobby Lobby and Walmart and Amazon, they don't care if they're funding bigots or companies who are harming their own workers. Their own personal wants are all they care about.

Everyone who comes here and screams that CFA is great, they're number one, everyone loves them, you're just being an obsessive troll bot if you mention that CFA spends their profits on hate, is actually saying that they think it's ethical to prioritize your own silly, lazy wants over everything else.

by Anonymousreply 44June 10, 2021 1:18 PM

Fuck off, please. ^

by Anonymousreply 45June 10, 2021 1:19 PM

Frequent any fast food chain and you're hurting some oppressed or exploited group. Whether it be donating to anti gay organizations or exploiting their latino workforce in their meat processing plants there us sure to be something unethical or damaging happening. The people defending chik fil a are no better or worse than the people who act superior because the frequent the stores belonging to some other corporate behemoth.

by Anonymousreply 46June 10, 2021 1:19 PM

Every time I've been to a Chick-Fil-A (though it's been quite a while), my gaydar pings off the scale with at least one or two of the employees working behind the counter. The best advertising campaign is about accentuating what you have and completely ignoring what they have. These corporations going after each other are just funneling traffic into the other place.

by Anonymousreply 47June 10, 2021 1:22 PM

R42, what's your point troll? They have a history of donating money to anti LGBT and equality efforts and still do. Also it's not a "fast chicken sandwich" when there are drive thru lines wrapped around the building, clear out into the plaza parking lots they're located in.

by Anonymousreply 48June 10, 2021 1:31 PM

R48. Those lines move fast though. They move people through there with the same sort of efficiency as the nazis churned people through the gas chambers.

by Anonymousreply 49June 10, 2021 1:36 PM

[quote]They move people through there with the same sort of efficiency as the nazis churned people through the gas chambers.

How vivid.

by Anonymousreply 50June 10, 2021 1:39 PM

R49, as I suspected. A racist troll.

by Anonymousreply 51June 10, 2021 1:47 PM

R51 keep reaching. Dumbfuck.

by Anonymousreply 52June 10, 2021 1:53 PM

R52, keep reaching for your micropenis over your gunt. Dumbass. You haven't seen it for almost your entire life.

by Anonymousreply 53June 10, 2021 1:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!