Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kennedy Center Honors once again snubs Miss Francis

It's shameful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 9, 2021 7:35 PM

So far, so good.

by Anonymousreply 1June 7, 2021 3:39 AM

Did Bryan Cranston have work done?

by Anonymousreply 2June 7, 2021 3:53 AM

Is it because of the rape rape?

by Anonymousreply 3June 7, 2021 4:34 AM

Connie Francis should have been inducted in the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame a long time ago - there's still time.....

by Anonymousreply 4June 7, 2021 4:47 AM

Liza Minnelli and Johnny Mathis have also been snubbed.

Fix this, goddammit!

by Anonymousreply 5June 7, 2021 5:37 AM

Why was Debbie Allen included in the Honors list? She was on a hit tv show that had an ensemble cast. Her career isn’t any different from 99% of others in the entertainment business. What a joke!

by Anonymousreply 6June 7, 2021 6:01 AM

Connie even did a musical tribute to JFK--what more do they want of her?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 7, 2021 6:15 AM

This is the first Kennedy Center Honors I had no interest in watching.

Debbie Allen?

No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 8June 7, 2021 9:03 AM

Arlene or Anne?

Better than Lilibet?

by Anonymousreply 9June 7, 2021 10:32 AM

Connie Francis? Oh, please. After how those people running that Kennedy Center scam treated both Carol Channing and Doris Day, this thread about Connie Francis is just silly.

by Anonymousreply 10June 7, 2021 11:10 AM

Well she was fantastic on What’s My Line.

by Anonymousreply 11June 7, 2021 11:19 AM

It's almost like--shocker, OP--that the honours are tied tied to sucking up, political contributions, etc. I'D dare say Connie, Liza, etc don't care about the KCH...nor do they recall what they even are.

by Anonymousreply 12June 7, 2021 11:27 AM

Fantastic? They named in her in just a few questions. Nothing happened at all.

Now, Elizabeth Taylor. SHE knew how to play the game.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 7, 2021 11:29 AM

No Betty White?

by Anonymousreply 14June 7, 2021 9:14 PM

Just watched - thoughts:

Debbie Allen was OK as an honoree, though her contributions have been more behind the camera than in front so not very exciting to watch. If I was Irene Cara I'd be pissed that two of my songs were used to celebrate some bitch that isn't me!

Joan Baez had the hot cop that has been speaking out against the insurrection next to her for one of the musical tributes.

WTF was Joe Manchin doing there, mouthing the words to We Shall Overcome? Bitch, YOU are what we must overcome!

Dick VD seems to have some sort of degenerative jaw thing where his jaw opens involuntarily.

Garth Brooks cries a lot.

by Anonymousreply 15June 9, 2021 1:52 PM

If you want to know who is going to die this year, give them Kennedy Center Honors. It's literally the kiss of death.

by Anonymousreply 16June 9, 2021 6:52 PM

What did Betty White do to piss them off?

by Anonymousreply 17June 9, 2021 6:59 PM

Remember, the honoree must accept it. Betty may not have wanted it.

Doris Day said no numerous times.

by Anonymousreply 18June 9, 2021 7:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!