Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Have you guys seen this new pride flag??!

Keep it civil or this thread will get deleted, too.

Or maybe it’ll get deleted even if it’s kept civil, like the last one. God only knows why they deleted it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56June 14, 2021 4:35 AM

Mein Fuhrer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 7, 2021 12:09 AM

R1 that thread was deleted. Bunch of queens were fighting over colonialism and the extent of it's overarching impact.

by Anonymousreply 2June 7, 2021 12:12 AM

What’s the point of your post, OP? Yep, we saw it. Cool story.

by Anonymousreply 3June 7, 2021 12:12 AM

To keep the discussion going since the last thread was deleted, R3. Feel free to sit this one out.

by Anonymousreply 4June 7, 2021 12:16 AM

Translation of R4: OP is a messy bitch who wants these fat whores to fight again.

by Anonymousreply 5June 7, 2021 12:18 AM

Why was it deleted?

by Anonymousreply 6June 7, 2021 12:19 AM

R6, see R2. I didn't realize it' had been deleted.

by Anonymousreply 7June 7, 2021 12:21 AM

Eventually the rainbow’s going to go.

by Anonymousreply 8June 7, 2021 12:29 AM

Fight, piggies, fight!

by Anonymousreply 9June 7, 2021 12:34 AM

Thread fail

by Anonymousreply 10June 7, 2021 12:48 AM

Well, fuck you all then! I hope this one gets deleted too!

by Anonymousreply 11June 7, 2021 2:08 AM

The flag will just become a color chart eventually.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 7, 2021 2:21 AM

[quote]Remember when DL was fun?

It's been so long since it's been fun that no, I don't remember it. Now it's just threads like this one and the one below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 7, 2021 2:25 AM

R13 Fuck you bitch, I started that thread and you know it. Fuck off back to golden girls you toothless fossil.

by Anonymousreply 14June 7, 2021 2:33 AM

Figures the black line would be the longest.

by Anonymousreply 15June 7, 2021 2:37 AM

All of this identity stuff is so tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 16June 7, 2021 3:41 AM

*Shrug* To me, that flag is for people who declare themselves "I'm LGBTQ" or, if that's too much of a tongue-twister, "I'm queer" - those who purposefully avoid that horrible G-word.

The 'old' flag seems to work just fine for gays like me. If anyone wants to cancel me or anyone else for using the 'wrong flag', well, that's their problem.

by Anonymousreply 17June 7, 2021 3:50 AM

Why does the scat contingent get a stripe?

by Anonymousreply 18June 7, 2021 4:21 AM

Again cultural appropriation only works one way. This isn't the pride flag. It's the opposite of it. Making it worthless.

by Anonymousreply 19June 7, 2021 3:05 PM

It’s hideous. The rainbow was meant to include everyone - is that not good enough?

by Anonymousreply 20June 7, 2021 3:08 PM

I'm actually colorblind, so it's pretty much all the same to me.

by Anonymousreply 21June 7, 2021 3:10 PM

R20 - no, apparently some graphic designer in Portland or Seattle (?) created this a couple of years ago and so now we must all adopt it.

We have to resist this bullshit. The rainbow flag was inclusive enough and they know it.

Now we have to push aside the rainbow to insert BLM and Trans representation? Does anyone not see how offensive this is?

We can't be everything to everyone. I don't see any black or trans groups changing THEIR flags to include gays and lesbians. And they shouldn't - separate fights, that we can all support. But it can't take over your initial purpose and intent.

by Anonymousreply 22June 7, 2021 3:12 PM

I need to be represented as well. I am a fat old gay bear with Aspberger's and Diabetes. I will let you all know when I find a color I like.

by Anonymousreply 23June 7, 2021 3:16 PM

So, the scat people get a stripe, but there’s no “Golden” stripe for the golden showers community, that doesn’t see right picking and choosing at random which communities get represented?

by Anonymousreply 24June 7, 2021 3:50 PM

Maybe they just should have done a patch work quilt of all the bandanas from the hanky code, that would have covered it all right?

by Anonymousreply 25June 7, 2021 3:51 PM

NO IT WOULD NOT!!!!!!

I HAVE STATED MY BOUNDARIES, R25!!! DO NOT MAKE ME STATE THEM AGAIN!!!!

by Anonymousreply 26June 7, 2021 5:29 PM

[quote]Centering Trans PoC, Founders of the LGBTQIA+ Pride Movement

First it was gay rights, now it's pride. What's next ?

by Anonymousreply 27June 7, 2021 5:59 PM

Are they saying “Trans PoC” are “Founders of the LGBTQIA+ Pride Movement” (whatever that is)?

by Anonymousreply 28June 7, 2021 10:53 PM

Here’s a better flag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 7, 2021 10:53 PM

I'm no prude, but how do the 3 fisting symbols help to defend our rights?

by Anonymousreply 30June 7, 2021 11:14 PM

"I'm every woman" is missing yet on the list.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 9, 2021 10:37 PM

🏳️‍🌈 [bold]HAPPY GAY PRIDE![/bold] 🏳️‍🌈

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 9, 2021 10:45 PM

Strange that the provenance is so obscure, yet the "donate" button is so prominent. My first impression is that BLM has coopted the symbol (which is ugly in any case - who needs it except to identity the rapidly diminishing number of gay bars). Also strange that 6 years after the passage of gay marriage there's a need to add upraised fists to the imagery - as if getting what you wanted isn't satisfying but has instead open up new litanies of obscure grievances backed up by threats of violence. Nice.

by Anonymousreply 33June 9, 2021 10:52 PM

It's hilarious how "indigenous" people are being used - as if any of these urban dwellers have met an indigenous person. Pretty shameless.

by Anonymousreply 34June 9, 2021 10:53 PM

[quote]God only knows why they deleted it.

Because you're a fat, ugly, deplorable cunttroll, OP, and Muriel saw through your charade!

by Anonymousreply 35June 9, 2021 11:03 PM

I like this one, appropriate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 9, 2021 11:08 PM

[quote] no, apparently some graphic designer in Portland or Seattle (?)

Portland. His name is Daniel Quasar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 9, 2021 11:13 PM

The new flag reminds me of nothing so much as Homer simpson's website.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 9, 2021 11:14 PM

The old rainbow flag worked as a visual statement because of its simplicity and its proximity to how real rainbows actually look.

This is just clutter, Clutter, CLUTTER!

by Anonymousreply 39June 9, 2021 11:23 PM

I really, truly cannot wrap my head around the need to “add” people of color to this flag. It’s just complete post-modern nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 40June 10, 2021 3:06 AM

I loathe this flag in all its formats.

Mainstream hets regard the original format as inoffensive Hippy Flags or Color Spectrum Flags.

I see them as Public Relations exercise to cajole the general public to think gays are inoffensive eunuchs who are safe to have around children.

The same Public Relations push has erased the word 'sex' and replaced it with 'gender'. And they erased the word 'gay' and replaced it with the unpronounceable acronym.

by Anonymousreply 41June 10, 2021 3:12 AM

The majority of people aren’t changing their pride flag to this ridiculous overreach. It’s simple and it’s iconic. Relax people, it’s not going ANYWHERE.

by Anonymousreply 42June 10, 2021 3:18 AM

Like, why does a culture and its iconography change as time progresses? 😮😲

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 10, 2021 3:31 AM

Let’s hope. It certainly seems to be getting a lot of attention, R42.

I never use any kind of flag myself, so ultimately this “update” doesn’t affect me, though it’s revolting to me in terms of politics and aesthetics. (The original flag is also revolting to me, and I think a person would have to be a bit basic to embrace it.)

by Anonymousreply 44June 10, 2021 3:32 AM

[quote] progresses

What do you mean " progresses", R43?

These lunatics are taking over.

by Anonymousreply 45June 10, 2021 3:44 AM

As TIME PROGRESSES, as in the perpetual motion of time. How a culture changes over time.

by Anonymousreply 46June 14, 2021 2:19 AM

I get the white, pink, brown and black stripes but what the fuck is the blue stripe for?

by Anonymousreply 47June 14, 2021 2:27 AM

A simple rainbow will suffice. It’s a RAINBOW. it’s all inclusive.

No need for other symbols and colors.

In fact, you lose my support at that point.

Any other “centrists” in favor of all inclusiveness?!?

JFC. SMH

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48June 14, 2021 2:29 AM

I fear R12 is correct.

by Anonymousreply 49June 14, 2021 2:34 AM

Can't some trans designer just turn the Nazi flag pink and blue? That would be fitting.

by Anonymousreply 50June 14, 2021 2:37 AM

I Googled and found this flag history. I didn't know there were specific flags for specific groups.

There are too many flags.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51June 14, 2021 2:42 AM

Rescue-chic wins!

by Anonymousreply 52June 14, 2021 2:46 AM

I still don't understand what race and gender have to do with sexuality. Also, I'm quite glad my race isn't included in that hideous flag.

by Anonymousreply 53June 14, 2021 2:58 AM

No yellow for Asians.

by Anonymousreply 54June 14, 2021 2:59 AM

I say we let the TQIA2SBIPOC+ have it. They would implode in a matter of days and wind up with a Jackson Pollock painting as their catch-all symbol of inclusivity. Meanwhile, the LGB could design an entirely new flag, or even better, no flag at all. I've always found them tacky and excessive.

by Anonymousreply 55June 14, 2021 3:00 AM

Maybe it's just because we are in a interesting period of time, but it now feels like black trans pride month. All the marketing I am getting is celebrating black or black trans as the poster people for the month. I guess it's time to share the spotlight, but I don't see much of myself in this new version of pride. I rather not conflate pride with BLM as I think BLM is leans more towards anti-gay.

by Anonymousreply 56June 14, 2021 4:35 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!