Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“Call Me By Your Name” sequel officially canceled

Fuck you Armie!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 7, 2021 7:55 PM

Good.

by Anonymousreply 1June 7, 2021 12:08 AM

Sequels mostly suck, so it's just as well.

by Anonymousreply 2June 7, 2021 12:10 AM

This was always going to suck. The original doesn’t even stand up to a 2nd viewing.

by Anonymousreply 3June 7, 2021 12:19 AM

The original has some beautiful scenes but Armie is terrible in it. Sorry. He did nothing with the role.

by Anonymousreply 4June 7, 2021 12:21 AM

Well at least that’s one Timothee Chalamet project cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 5June 7, 2021 12:22 AM

We just couldn’t Hammer it out.

by Anonymousreply 6June 7, 2021 12:24 AM

Armie was the only somewhat-tolerable thing about the first one (and that's pushing it). Chalamet was dreadful. There was no reason for a 2nd one anyway.

by Anonymousreply 7June 7, 2021 12:26 AM

Good. It took the spotlight away from the far superior "God's own country".

by Anonymousreply 8June 7, 2021 12:27 AM

This is why I hate the telephone game of news headlines these days -- it hasn't been "officially canceled" at all; if you look at the actual quote Guadagnino just says he's busy with other shit right now and for awhile probably, but his heart is still with a sequel. We can totally read between the lines if we choose to, maybe this is just his way of politely saying fuck that shit, but Vice's headline is doing a lot of heavy lifting and assuming instead of just reporting what what actually said

by Anonymousreply 9June 7, 2021 12:29 AM

R8 that’s came and passed years ago.

by Anonymousreply 10June 7, 2021 12:30 AM

That’s fine, the 2nd book sucked.

by Anonymousreply 11June 7, 2021 12:37 AM

R10 No.

by Anonymousreply 12June 7, 2021 12:37 AM

[quote] Chalamet was dreadful.

I guess it would be pointless to note that you're in a very small minority.

by Anonymousreply 13June 7, 2021 12:49 AM

Armie's career was ruined by his idiotic use of social media.

by Anonymousreply 14June 7, 2021 12:53 AM

Or don’t be a cannibal

by Anonymousreply 15June 7, 2021 12:58 AM

Armie Hammer has ALWAYS been problematic. He’s had so many bites of the cherry - more so than most - and has never become a major star. It ain’t going to happen now.

The dad dancing he did in CMBYN should’ve sunk his career for good, well before this social media stuff.

by Anonymousreply 16June 7, 2021 10:27 AM

R16 wasn’t that supposed to be how he dances???

by Anonymousreply 17June 7, 2021 3:11 PM

Thank god. Don't need another gay-baiting film with us played by straight actors.

by Anonymousreply 18June 7, 2021 4:50 PM

What about me? I was replacing the peach in the sequel, and now I'm unemployed!

by Anonymousreply 19June 7, 2021 4:56 PM

The less we see of his shitty acting and ugly face the better.

by Anonymousreply 20June 7, 2021 5:18 PM

It was going to be shit anyway

by Anonymousreply 21June 7, 2021 5:18 PM

Speaking of Timmy and Tom Holland, WEHT the other teen actor who was up and coming at the same time as them, Lucas Hedges?

by Anonymousreply 22June 7, 2021 7:22 PM

R22 Lucas Hedges was recently in French Exit with Michelle Pfeiffer. Haven't seen it yet, but I plan to since I like them both, and I read the book. He's a good, unproblematic actor.

by Anonymousreply 23June 7, 2021 7:29 PM

Why is Timothee Chalamet a thing? He's fug and can't act.

by Anonymousreply 24June 7, 2021 7:31 PM

Funny how Hedges went the super indie route while Timmy went more mainstream and Holland went full blockbuster

by Anonymousreply 25June 7, 2021 7:33 PM

I just watched CMBYN again last night, actually, and Armie's performance is mediocre at best. I was excited to see the film - having read the novel - and I think I was able to look past Armie's performance in some type of suspension of disbelief or something. But on the 2nd viewing, wow, he was really miscast.

Luca must've really had some crush.

by Anonymousreply 26June 7, 2021 7:46 PM

It was expected (i still don't know if Armie's accusations have any sense).

The novel instead of focusing on Elio and Oliver (Like the fans wanted) it focused on Elio's father (i have no problem with that because i like Elio's father, and i really don't like Elio and OLiver) so they have to write an original screenplay

by Anonymousreply 27June 7, 2021 7:53 PM

R26 100% miscast. He was wooden and did nothing with the role.

He certainly is not one of those actors who knows how to elevate even the smallest role. Some actors can have 5 minutes of screen time and are talented enough to utilize those 5 minutes and stand out in a good way. He isn’t that.

I feel the same way about George Clooney. His Oscar is a joke and he doesn’t know how to elevate a role. Every time I see Gravity I think of how that scene where he is speaking to her as he floats away to his death could have been so much bigger and more moving in the right actors hands. You couldn’t even see him, all you hear is his voice. He couldn’t give a little emotion during his final words at least?

by Anonymousreply 28June 7, 2021 7:53 PM

R22 Unlike Holland and specially Chalamet, Hedges doesn't seem to have too much interest in becoming a star. He can act and he'll get roles. His movies are not blockbusters so probably he'll get some attention when the movie hits with critics and get some awards but he will probably fly under the radar otherwise

by Anonymousreply 29June 7, 2021 7:55 PM

Mahershala Ali is a great example of someone who knew how to make a small role feel larger. His presence is felt throughout the rest of the film in Moonlight.

by Anonymousreply 30June 7, 2021 7:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!