Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bill Maher is correct.....

AGAIN!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 9, 2021 11:30 PM

^^^^ THANKS TRUMP ASS LICKER!

by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2021 6:49 PM

I wish Bill would talk about the trans and the LGBTQunts, furries (for christ sakes) and all that shit. But he won’t. He’s too afraid. He just says “far left”. Maybe he will one day - after considerable Democratic loss because he’ll be pissed. But he should do it now. If he’s smart he’d talk about all that insanity before it’s too late.

by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2021 6:53 PM

Fuck this racist bigot

by Anonymousreply 4June 5, 2021 7:20 PM

Maher's twin obsessions with marijuana and Netanyahu are so fucking annoying.

by Anonymousreply 5June 5, 2021 7:26 PM

Bill is always correct. Laughing at all these bitter trump cunts in this thread. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 6June 5, 2021 7:29 PM

R6 Maher is a bigger fan of Netanyahu than Jared Kushner is.

by Anonymousreply 7June 5, 2021 7:30 PM

^^^^ Says Anti-Semite.

by Anonymousreply 8June 5, 2021 7:49 PM

Diplomas mean very little now. Bachelor's degrees are the new high school degrees. Since nearly 50% of Americans have at least had some college nowadays, are Americans any smarter than they were 50 years ago? no.

by Anonymousreply 9June 5, 2021 7:57 PM

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

by Anonymousreply 10June 5, 2021 7:59 PM

Germany has a great vocational system that is reminiscent of old guild systems. People don't need advanced degrees to be bank tellers or electricians .

by Anonymousreply 11June 5, 2021 8:03 PM

In Texas all the trades - construction, plumbing, electrical, etc. are solely performed by Mexicans and up till recently by illegal Mexicans. Americans don't train in the trades anymore. We have way too many people with degrees in sociology and not enough who know how to wire a house.

by Anonymousreply 12June 5, 2021 8:59 PM

[quote]In Texas all the trades - construction, plumbing, electrical, etc. are solely performed by Mexicans

They always do a great job. For me at least.

by Anonymousreply 13June 5, 2021 9:04 PM

You clearly don't watch his show, r14. Carry on with your delusion.

by Anonymousreply 16June 5, 2021 9:17 PM

I agree with him. I have two Masters degrees and ABD for a doctorate. I'll probably die before my debt is paid in full. The classes, especially for the "advanced degrees" were a complete joke - all of them easy A's. I think my entire Masters cohorts both time had 4.0 GPAs. I couldn't have had the jobs I've had without those pieces of paper, though. Higher education is a racket for sure.

by Anonymousreply 17June 5, 2021 9:20 PM

[quote] Americans don't train in the trades anymore.

Because they don't think they need to. They buy into all the BS that says that immigrants work harder while they themselves should make more money doing as little as possible. It's only years later that they realize their degree is useless and that all their peers have grown up similarly entitled.

by Anonymousreply 18June 5, 2021 9:21 PM

Wow, dig his asinine condescension, in service to the far-right again. Maher's just staying on brand.

by Anonymousreply 19June 5, 2021 9:27 PM

R12 illegals are chronically underpaid, which is the point. I'd pay more to know that work on my house wasn't done with near slave labor. (It is slave labor, companies use the threat of deportation to keep wages low).

by Anonymousreply 20June 5, 2021 10:07 PM

What 1,14 & 15?

by Anonymousreply 21June 5, 2021 10:09 PM

Trade schools are now the ticket to a prosperous life....at least in the area of my plumbers, electricians, cabinet makers etc etc can expect a starting salary of 60-70,000 straight out of school. Demand is through the roof

by Anonymousreply 22June 5, 2021 11:48 PM

by Anonymousreply 23June 9, 2021 6:04 PM

Oh look, the Bill Maher is Correct Troll is posting her weekly clip again. I hope HBO is paying you out of the promotion budget, Bill Maher is Correct Troll. Only a stupid person would routinely do something like this for free......

by Anonymousreply 24June 9, 2021 6:13 PM

Bill Maher went to college but will attack other people for doing so

Kind of like Peter Thiel going on and on about how no one needs a college degree but will only hire college grads

by Anonymousreply 25June 9, 2021 6:30 PM

I mean, there is some good stuff in the video but also a lot of crap. Do you really want to live in China where no one has an arts degree? It would be like living in a world full of high-functioning autistics. That scares me. Yes, we need scientists and doctors, for sure. But we need comedy and art and writers and we need to understand what Shakespeare was saying. Of course there should be more trade schools and job training too. But how do you make all of those heavy decisions when you're seventeen? P.S. I don't think most people are going to schools with water parks in them.

by Anonymousreply 26June 9, 2021 7:45 PM

Bill who?

by Anonymousreply 27June 9, 2021 7:46 PM

I agree with him and have been saying the same thing for years. Higher education is a total scam. Jobs that used to only required a high school diploma now require a bachelors. Jobs that used to require a bachelors now require a masters. The jobs didn't change and the extra education isn't necessary. But because we've insisted for decades that everyone get a degree, now the bar to entry to every profession has just been raised because of the flood of degreed candidates. The obsession with education has also empowered schools to charge astronomical sums because they know they know the product they're selling has changed from a nicety to a necessity. Maher is 100% right that we shouldn't be focusing on getting everyone extra education—we should be focusing on making it so extra education isn't a necessity to survive.

by Anonymousreply 28June 9, 2021 7:51 PM

R26, autistic people, especially high functioning ones, can be highly creative.

by Anonymousreply 29June 9, 2021 7:52 PM

[quote] Jobs that used to require a bachelors now require a masters. The jobs didn't change and the extra education isn't necessary. But because we've insisted for decades that everyone get a degree, now the bar to entry to every profession has just been raised because of the flood of degreed candidates.

It also further stratifies those with the resources to go to college and those who are otherwise capable but lacking the resources . . . which, sadly, I think is part of the plan.

by Anonymousreply 30June 9, 2021 11:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!