Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

New anti-obesity drug approved

Give it to me now!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204May 12, 2022 11:06 AM

FYI, Muriel apparently hates links to Reuters now.

by Anonymousreply 1June 5, 2021 5:15 PM

Finally.

by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2021 5:22 PM

[quote] New anti-obesity drug approved

And all of DL rejoiced! Rejoiced!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2021 5:27 PM

Side effects may include . . .

by Anonymousreply 4June 5, 2021 5:32 PM

Fat whores rejoice! Cue the anti Pharma brigade.

by Anonymousreply 5June 5, 2021 5:36 PM

I remain skeptical.

If something seems too good to be true, it probably is.

by Anonymousreply 6June 5, 2021 5:56 PM

I swear I read that as "semiglutitude" at first, I thought some pharmaceutical scientist type was having a laugh at the expense of fat whores like me!

by Anonymousreply 7June 5, 2021 6:00 PM

First it says weekly injections, but then it says "Semaglutide can be taken orally or by injection". Were just weekly injections approved? Weekly Doctor's office visits would be annoying as hell. I think I'd rather be fat.

by Anonymousreply 8June 5, 2021 6:05 PM

If it has been used to treat type II diabetes, how has it not been tested long term? That's a contradiction.

by Anonymousreply 9June 5, 2021 6:06 PM

Not tested on obesity long term, I believe is what they mean.

by Anonymousreply 10June 5, 2021 6:07 PM

If this is true, why are we reading about it in South African media?

by Anonymousreply 11June 5, 2021 6:15 PM

ABC for r11:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 5, 2021 6:16 PM

90% of DL needs this drug.

by Anonymousreply 13June 5, 2021 6:19 PM

Wow, I inject this Semaglutide and I can get back to Astroglide lubed injections?

by Anonymousreply 14June 5, 2021 6:22 PM

Who’ll hear me if I no longer type fat?

by Anonymousreply 15June 5, 2021 6:23 PM

OP left out "Fat Whores Rejoice!"

by Anonymousreply 16June 5, 2021 6:23 PM

It’s Ozempic. I use it for type 2 diabetes. I wasn’t even overweight to begin with (175lbs/5’10”), but it really does curb hunger drastically. I have to force myself to eat some days. This is NOT a drug that should be used solely for weight loss.

by Anonymousreply 17June 5, 2021 6:32 PM

How soon until Lizzo's obsession with Chris Evans causes her to to shove all the other fatties out of the queue for this?

by Anonymousreply 18June 5, 2021 6:33 PM

R17, the FDA thinks otherwise. Besides, do you know how hungry obese people are? Our appetites are out of control. I’d love to “have to force myself to eat.”

by Anonymousreply 19June 5, 2021 7:03 PM

🎵Oh, oh, oh, Ozempic!🎵

by Anonymousreply 20June 5, 2021 7:07 PM

How can I get my hands on this stuff without a prescription? My doctor is a drag and won't give me anything for weight loss although I am severely obese.

by Anonymousreply 21June 5, 2021 7:11 PM

Go to a weight loss Dr.^^^

by Anonymousreply 22June 5, 2021 7:17 PM

I've been in a clinical trial for injectable semaglutide for 16 months. The study is for non-diabetic patients with heart disease, to assess additional benefits (or problems) of the drug. I have one painless self-administered shot per week.

I've now lost 60+ pounds (from 236 to 173; I'm 6'2"), which is what I weighed in my 30s. The appetite suppression is almost eerie. Once I feel full, I am DONE. My snacking is curtailed, too. The best part is that I eat pretty much whatever I want; just not a lot of it.

During the first few months, I did have some side-effects (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea), but no problems lately.

Will there be long-term problems? Maybe, but since I'm old and almost died from heart disease a few years ago, I'm not too concerned. I have been able to reduce/eliminate some other prescription drugs, too (blood pressure meds).

I would probably be more wary if I was young and just wanted an easy way to lose a few pounds. But for the obese, this drug could really be a breakthrough. Or maybe it will cause pancreatic cancer or make women have flipper babies.

by Anonymousreply 23June 5, 2021 8:58 PM

And what’s wrong with flipper babies?

by Anonymousreply 24June 5, 2021 9:28 PM

[quote] How can I get my hands on this stuff without a prescription? My doctor is a drag and won't give me anything for weight loss although I am severely obese.

Go to one of those strip mall weight loss clinics, r22. They're all basically just a front for weight-loss drug dealers. I used to get phentermine from them, and I was not even overweight (I used it for the energy . . . like speed, and as an anti-depressant). They're expensive, though. I think I was paying $300 for a six week supply of phen when a prescription filled at CVS without insurance would have been about $15. No legit doctor would prescribe them to me since I wasn't overweight.

I'll bet these new "miracle pills" will be at the weight loss clinics within the year.

by Anonymousreply 25June 5, 2021 9:39 PM

Yea- it’s $850 a month girls (my doctor fought for weeks to get me on it).

And it seriously kills your appetite. Am not even a little overweight and I dropped 20 lbs after 3 months.

by Anonymousreply 26June 5, 2021 9:39 PM

[quote] And it seriously kills your appetite. Am not even a little overweight and I dropped 20 lbs after 3 months.

So, is the weight loss essentially from starving yourself due to no appetite, or do these pills amp up your metabolism as well?

by Anonymousreply 27June 5, 2021 9:41 PM

R26, I’m curious why if you’re not even a little overweight your doctor not only prescribed them, but fought to do so.

by Anonymousreply 28June 5, 2021 9:44 PM

R27, it regulates insulin as well.

by Anonymousreply 29June 5, 2021 9:52 PM

Ah, thanks, r29.

by Anonymousreply 30June 5, 2021 9:53 PM

Is it $850 a month with or without insurance?

by Anonymousreply 31June 5, 2021 9:55 PM

I’m on it for type 2 diabetes. My sugar was well controlled after losing a ton of weight and being on medicine, and my doctor said I had the opportunity for remission (no more medicine) if I lost about 30 lbs. I can tell you it’s not a fun medicine to be on. I do love food, and it kills the joy of eating. It’s sort of like variation surgery. Plus the nausea that hits on occasion is really unpleasant. But wow, it does cause weight loss. I’m into my fourth week and I lost 10 lbs—and blood sugar is in the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 32June 5, 2021 9:57 PM

Ugh auto correct. ^Bariatric surgery...

by Anonymousreply 33June 5, 2021 9:58 PM

[quote] and blood sugar is in the 70s.

Does that mean it has a full bush, cut-off jeans shorts and high tube socks?

Seriously, though, good for you!

by Anonymousreply 34June 5, 2021 10:02 PM

R31, without insurance. But I wonder if the price will come down since many insurance companies don’t cover weight loss.

by Anonymousreply 35June 5, 2021 10:08 PM

R32, You're only a few weeks into it. The side effects should go away (or diminish significantly). If not, then you should stop using it. I almost quit because of the vomiting, which would happen unexpectedly in the middle of the night. That hasn't happened for nearly a year. The only thing I've noticed lately is that I am even less hungry for 12-36 hours after the injection.

It is expensive; I looked on Singlecare and it is between $750 and $906/month. I'm glad that I'm getting it for free!

by Anonymousreply 36June 5, 2021 10:28 PM

Sigh. Yet another example of the extreme fatphobia in the medical industry. Exhausting!

by Anonymousreply 37June 5, 2021 10:34 PM

I want it but I can’t affor it . I’m 20 pounds overweight and I fucking hate it.

by Anonymousreply 38June 5, 2021 10:38 PM

But you look good, r38!

by Anonymousreply 39June 5, 2021 10:50 PM

Amphetamine salts (aka adderall) does the same thing, but I'm guessing because it's a narcotic, they aren't as fond of using it? I know a couple people that were prescribed it off label for weight loss, but short term, while being closely monitored (it's not good for people over 30 and those with cardiac risks). There's also a migraine med that causes weight loss (I believe topamax) as a side effect...

The thing with meds that do this though, is that the appetite suppressing is not long term. I'd say *maybe* a year at the most, if lucky. After that, your body adjusts and need higher doses to achieve the same results -- it'll be interesting to see if this med is any different. Hopefully it is because it's the longevity people need when it comes to weight loss.

by Anonymousreply 40June 5, 2021 11:00 PM

You’re right r40. There’s evidence to suggest that when you stop ozempic the weight it comes back. I was able to maintain my weight loss through intermittent fasting so I’m hoping that once this extra 30 pounds is gone I’ll be good.

Thanks, r36, it’s certainly better than it was. How long did it take for the Side effects to be gone for you?

by Anonymousreply 41June 5, 2021 11:30 PM

[quote]People suffering from obesity will have to take the drug for life to manage their weight, while ceasing to take it could lead to regaining most of the lost weight, according to one of the trials.

Sheesh. So, basically, it's an appetite suppressant, not a "game-changer."

by Anonymousreply 42June 5, 2021 11:40 PM

This is all FATPHOBIC!!!

by Anonymousreply 43June 6, 2021 12:37 AM

Are the portions of the drug substantial?

Are you allowed seconds?

by Anonymousreply 44June 6, 2021 12:42 AM

I'm waiting for the "take a pill, lose a pound" medicine. You can lose a maximum of one pound a day. You can eat whatever you want, you will just poop a lot.

by Anonymousreply 45June 6, 2021 12:45 AM

R43 = Demi Lovato.

by Anonymousreply 46June 6, 2021 12:59 AM

R41, R36 here. I had nausea/vomiting when I would increase from one dosage level to the next. No problems with the lowest dose, but with the first several increases I would have a rough day or two. I was prescribed the antinausea drug. ondansetron (Zofran), which would take for a couple days after each injection. It worked perfectly.

But now I've been on the full dosage (80 on the injection pen) for almost a year without any side effects. The nausea was only 1-2 days a month for 3 or 4 months (Spring/Summer 2020).

Best side effect: I made brownies the other day and have been perfectly happy eating one (or none) per day. Before, I would have probably made a sundae with 2 brownies, ice cream and hot fudge. I love not having to count carbs and calories. But it still freaks me out when I sometimes forget to eat. That hasn't happened since my college days.

by Anonymousreply 47June 6, 2021 2:29 AM

Thanks, r47! It’s definitely getting better. Tomorrow I start my fourth week. I’ve used Zofran twice when the nausea got more intense, but sometimes it’s not too severe. I told myself I would stick it out for as long as it took to get to a normal weight. And yes, it is an appetite killer, which is good and bad. I do (did) enjoy eating, and this medicine has totally killed my food buzz.

by Anonymousreply 48June 6, 2021 2:35 AM

The nausea must have been fairly intense for you all to need/been prescribed ondansetron. It was originally intended for nausea brought on by chemotherapy. What dosage were you prescribed? ODT?

by Anonymousreply 49June 6, 2021 2:48 AM

R49, actually, it wasn’t intense, I never came close to vomiting or anything, and it lasted for 2-3 hours. And it wasn’t all the time—more so at the beginning now once every three or four days. It’s just unpleasant, it wasn’t severe, at least my reaction. I didn’t know that about Zofran, I just asked my doctor for something. She actually was hesitant to call it in at first. Maybe it’s really strong. It was 8 mg dosage. I didn’t think Dramamine would take care of it since it isn’t a motion sickness issue, so I asked for something else...

by Anonymousreply 50June 6, 2021 2:59 AM

Thanks for sharing, R50. Maybe that's the go-to medication and dosage for n/v issues nowadays, I have no idea. I only know what it was initially intended for because a loved one was prescribed it for side effects of her cancer treatments, years ago. I'm glad that it was available to help you, too.

by Anonymousreply 51June 6, 2021 3:06 AM

R49 replying to R50 at R51. Sorry, forgot to sign it!

by Anonymousreply 52June 6, 2021 3:06 AM

I got put on this medication last week for Type 2 Diabetes management. My understanding is that it's not the first medication you'll be given for diabetes management. Metformin is.

So far so good. I'm so nauseous all the time that I have very little appetite and have found myself losing interest in eating half way through a meal. Like others, I am forgetting to eat sometimes which isn't good for blood sugar management. But the weight is starting to drop off. Frankly, the pandemic hasn't been good for my weight which has caused increased problems with my blood sugar so this is a good thing. I'm thirsty all the time and drinking HUGE amounts of water and peeing all the time. Also a good thing I think. It has made a notable difference to my blood sugar levels so far.

by Anonymousreply 53June 6, 2021 3:16 AM

Will this drug counteract my Trulicity, Ozempic, Mavyret, Jardience, and Rybelsus? And what about my Boniva for bone density? That said, I think I will still be able to perform the Tena Twist.

by Anonymousreply 54June 6, 2021 3:23 AM

R49, The Zofran was 4 mg. I only needed it for a short time. I had Exorcist-level projectile vomiting a couple times. Thankfully, it happened during the hard core part of the COVID-19 shutdown, in the privacy of my home.

I still love food, but I just don't want as much volume. I made 2 four-ounce filets the other night and could only eat one. Good leftovers for my bowl of pho the next day!

by Anonymousreply 55June 6, 2021 3:59 AM

Hey - R26 here I got put on it because diabetes runs in my family and the pills were not working at all (after cutting all sugar / carbs out of my diet, after 18 hours my fasting blood sugar was 325). He put me on it to try and get this under control.

And I don’t know about metabolism, but it is an appetite suppressant.

by Anonymousreply 56June 6, 2021 4:07 AM

If it has less side effects than metformin and can help people avoid things like neuropathy, macular degeneration, and loss of toes/feet, I'm for it. Diabetes is horrible. I'm happy for you DLers who have had success with it, not so much with the weight loss (which is great, of course) but for glucose decline!

by Anonymousreply 57June 6, 2021 4:13 AM

I’m on it. It decreases my appetite, at times food is really not appealing at all, and even a slight nausea. It helps but I take medications for BP II so I haven’t lost as much as a person who does not take psychiatric medication.

by Anonymousreply 58June 6, 2021 4:16 AM

Oh, I also have T2D. You don’t need to go into the Dr’s office for an injection. I’m going to go give myself one now. It’s a small pen.

by Anonymousreply 59June 6, 2021 4:19 AM

"One recent study showed that patients on semaglutide lost 10% of their body weight in 20 weeks, but regained nearly all of it after the treatment. In contrast, the study group that kept taking the drug went on to lose another 8% of their body weight."

This right here proves that obesity is hormonal and/or genetic. There was a trial with this drug where a group of folks were given the drug...all lost weight. They then split the group into two and gave one group the drug, the other a placebo. The group that was still taking the drug continued to lose weight. The placebo group GAINED weight despite continuing to do whatever they were doing while they were taking the drug. In other words, they didn't know they weren't being given the drug and still gained.

by Anonymousreply 60June 6, 2021 4:38 AM

Might be ‘ok’ for short term, but something tells me you will develop other conditions down the road.

by Anonymousreply 61June 6, 2021 4:50 AM

[quote] anti-obesity drug approved

Wonderful news for the clown who calls everybody Boris

by Anonymousreply 62June 6, 2021 5:13 AM

r50 I take ondansetron for other reasons and the 4mg dissolvable tablet is more than enough to stop nausea. Previously I'd had a 4mg tablet that could be cut in half and even 2mg helped. I'd ask your doctor or pharmacist about cutting your 8mg in half and trying 4mg at first.

by Anonymousreply 63June 6, 2021 11:07 AM

R60, I disagree. The drug makes you lose your desire for food, so when the subjects go off the drug and regain their appetite, they go back to their old habits and regain the weight. That's the way I read it. This isn't a fat-loss drug, it's a stop-eating drug.

by Anonymousreply 64June 7, 2021 10:51 PM

That’s part of what it does, but it’s a side effect, r64. It regulates insulin—that’s the primary function.

by Anonymousreply 65June 7, 2021 10:57 PM

R64 that’s one helluva caveat...once you stop say it, you risk becoming a fat whore again. Plus the price is rather exorbitant! I guess you save money on your grocery bill, so you can spend the savings on the medication.

by Anonymousreply 66June 7, 2021 11:22 PM

Does smegmatude come with a pez dispenser?

by Anonymousreply 67June 8, 2021 12:05 AM

JFC, we already HAVE a cure for T2D, people. And it's perfectly healthy with NO side effects or potential health hazards down the road. Keto + intermittent fasting. I've been doing it for 6 months and have lost 45 lbs. My T2D is reversed (A1C dropped from 12.1 to 5.8). I take no medications. I have more energy than when I was a teenager, no more joint pain, better sleep, better moods and mental focus, improved skin, hair, nails.....on and on and on.

Just do it for 30 days. It's life changing.

by Anonymousreply 68June 8, 2021 12:18 AM

^I need to clarify. Please "try" it for 30 days, to see if it works for you (it will). If you want to lose weight, reverse T2D and optimize your health, you will have to do it for life.

by Anonymousreply 69June 8, 2021 12:23 AM

I've tried keto and it's just a glorified version of the Atkins diet. And like on any restrictive diet, I gained the weight back once I went off it.

And it makes your breath smell reallllly bad. Something about ketosis causing it.

by Anonymousreply 70June 8, 2021 12:42 AM

Keto definitely works but it isn’t for everyone. It’s a difficult lifestyle to maintain, and if you’re prone to gallstones, the diet will pretty much destroy your gallbladder. But I know people who’ve had success losing weight and maintaining very good health doing keto.

by Anonymousreply 71June 8, 2021 1:16 AM

And like on any restrictive diet, I gained the weight back once I went off it.

Why would you go off it? Duh, if you go back to what you always did, you'll get what you always got..... a huge fat ass.

by Anonymousreply 72June 8, 2021 2:07 AM

[quote]It’s a difficult lifestyle to maintain.

No, it isn't. Not once you're fat adapted (takes about 30 days) and no longer craving your drug (sugar and grains). We live in a carb world, unfortunately, so you do have to navigate around the fact that most people around you will be indulging in crap food and you can't. Waaaah. Man up and realize most adults have to restrict their diets in some way to remain healthy and fit. Do you want to live a long, healthy life or not? You decide.

by Anonymousreply 73June 8, 2021 2:14 AM

You won't maintain weight loss if you just rely on an appetite suppressant. You need to figure out what makes you fat. Different foods affect different body types. You know the I can eat anything and never exercise folks with abs and the I just look at butter and gain 50 pound folks. For the morbidly obese it is probably a great alternative to a gastric bypass or sleeve.

by Anonymousreply 74June 8, 2021 2:15 AM

[quote]and if you’re prone to gallstones, the diet will pretty much destroy your gallbladder

Nope. This is false.

by Anonymousreply 75June 8, 2021 2:15 AM

Stop eating grains and sugar, people. Just stop. It blows my mind that some of you are willing to go blind, lose your feet, and have strokes and heart attacks....just so you can eat bagels, muffins and pizza.

Keep your carbs under 30 per day and you will be at full metabolic health with in 6 months (or sooner). Your diabetes will vanish and your weight will be back to normal.

by Anonymousreply 76June 8, 2021 2:25 AM

A drug is easier than a radical diet.

by Anonymousreply 77June 8, 2021 2:32 AM

R73 you've never had MY cookies

by Anonymousreply 78June 8, 2021 2:36 AM

R76, what you described is a healthy diet. It’s also not keto (not that keto isn’t healthy for some). Keto is high fat. But yes, fewer carbs, and no grain or sugar, is very healthy.

by Anonymousreply 79June 8, 2021 4:04 AM

Okay, how I can scam for this with insurance paying? I have significant heart disease and DM II in my family tree.

by Anonymousreply 80June 8, 2021 4:21 AM

[quote] you've never had MY cookies

I’ve heard your cookies are moist and delicious.

by Anonymousreply 81June 8, 2021 1:31 PM

[quote]One recent study showed that patients on semaglutide lost 10% of their body weight in 20 weeks

HA HA...most American need to lose about 50% of their body weight.

by Anonymousreply 82June 8, 2021 1:45 PM

[quote]This is all FATPHOBIC!!!

SHUT UP YOU FAT WHORE!

by Anonymousreply 83June 8, 2021 1:53 PM

Can you do keto and drink (a lot) of vodka and still lose weight?

by Anonymousreply 84June 8, 2021 2:22 PM

I agree with R76: Our food system is toxic and full of cheap, high-carb, addictive foods that get pushed at us constantly. We don't need drugs, we need better food and better health education.

by Anonymousreply 85June 8, 2021 3:15 PM

R85, since that’s not going to happen until we’re a Democratic Socialist country (yes I said it) I wouldn’t depend on that. Toxic, high carb foods are cheaper to make and sell. If you’re making minimum pay, or even have a good job, but have kids to feed, it’s very difficult in this country to eat well/healthy and not pay a huge premium. It’s how our system works. So what’s a family to do while waiting for the revolution? I agree with you—the food industry helped make this this country fat and unhealthy. And the irony is, a lot of these companies are now playing off that by marketing low sugar, low fat alternatives! They win no matter what.

Btw, we’re sadly never going to be a Democratic Socialist country.

by Anonymousreply 86June 8, 2021 3:38 PM

I am at my wits end.

Almost hree years ago I started gaining weight after I became physically inert due to an injury. I didn't eat rice or wheat but I would have potatoes. I didn't eat any processed foods. I loved milk and butter but not ice cream. No desserts. Very little sugar except for an occasional soda and juice Chicken but not beef. I maintained a healthy weight for years on that.

Than I became inert from the injury. The injury is cured but I cannot lose weight at all despite exercising, as little as I can due to exhaustion. Keto didn't work. I have cut out soda and juice. Very little fruit. No more butter. Still drink milk but not as much as I eliminated cereal, which was corn. No candy.

My blood sugar is stable. And I gain and gain. We are bewildered by this. My doctor says lowered metabolism but come on, 60 lbs gain despite all efforts to stop it.

I turned 60 and stopped the little bit of smoking and I rarely drink.

I was thin my whole life then menopause gave me a few extra couple of comfortable pounds and now I'm obese.

WTF

by Anonymousreply 87June 8, 2021 5:00 PM

As soon as I read this I contacted my doctor and he wrote me a prescription.

Jealous, bitches?

Don't be too jealous because insurance doesn't pay for it because I don't have diabetes. Without insurance it costs $300 a month.

by Anonymousreply 88June 8, 2021 5:04 PM

r87 - try the Rice Diet Solution if nothing else has worked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89June 8, 2021 5:23 PM

Is obesity in your genes, r87? That can make it hard as hell to lose weight . . . but it's possible. You just have to find the diet that your body responds to.

by Anonymousreply 90June 8, 2021 5:25 PM

No obesity on my family except for a sister who was a slug and a drunk. She never got off the couch and never didn't have a beer in her hand. Others siblings and parents were normal weight. I was always thin.

I appreciate the advice but no on the rice diet. I will not add a white carb and if I did it would be potatoes. Can't eat beans and I need calcium.

I just don't understand what's happening to my body.

I'm below a 1000 calories a day now. Still gaining.

by Anonymousreply 91June 8, 2021 5:46 PM

Doesn't help that I have friends and family who don't get it.

"You look fine"

I'm 60, I don't give a shit about looking fine. I feel like crap. I can't move. I can't climb stairs. I can't get up off the ground. My feet hurt. My joints ache. Getting into the tub is an act of bravery.

But they insist it's all about looks.

by Anonymousreply 92June 8, 2021 5:52 PM

[quote] As soon as I read this I contacted my doctor and he wrote me a prescription. Jealous, bitches?

That's great! Keep us posted with how it works, r88. I'm genuinely curious about it. $300/month is about what you'd pay for diet pills at a weight-loss clinic, so it's very comparable.

by Anonymousreply 93June 8, 2021 5:54 PM

R88, where do you live? $300 is very low. It is $750-$900 in Northern Illinois.

by Anonymousreply 94June 8, 2021 6:12 PM

You can get it from Canada for 300 but not in the US. R92 try intermittent fasting. It’s helped a lot of people including me.

by Anonymousreply 95June 8, 2021 6:16 PM

As a formerly Fat womon, will I finally be useful on garbage detail?

by Anonymousreply 96June 8, 2021 6:23 PM

Thanks r95 I might as well try that. Since I'm down to about1000 calories a day I might as well have them in a short span of time than a longer one.

by Anonymousreply 97June 8, 2021 7:09 PM

r91 get your testosterone checked.

by Anonymousreply 98June 8, 2021 7:34 PM

r87

Translation: Why can't I lose weight? I've done everything but eat less and exercise more.

by Anonymousreply 99June 8, 2021 8:51 PM

I cut the carbs and fat, I’m only now slowly losing after three years of keto. Before, it was high fat, no carbs. Still heavy.

—42. Male. Resemble Simply Sara.

by Anonymousreply 100June 8, 2021 9:28 PM

Hey asshole at r99.

I eat between 800 and 1000 calories a day and I am gaining weight. 3 months of walking while on keto and no weight loss.

You can go fuck yourself.

by Anonymousreply 101June 8, 2021 9:51 PM

[quote] I eat between 800 and 1000 calories a day and I am gaining weight. 3 months of walking while on keto and no weight loss.

Unless you’re a house cat that is a physical impossibility. Your BMR has to be at least twice that number alone.

by Anonymousreply 102June 8, 2021 10:19 PM

Nope that's what I'm eating.

3 eggs a half cup of spinach

one chicken thigh

celery with hummus.

handful of nuts

by Anonymousreply 103June 8, 2021 11:06 PM

smegmaglutide.

No wonder you fatties are barfing.

by Anonymousreply 104June 8, 2021 11:34 PM

Sweet swine fleshen cake sweets and midnight fits. Finger in anoos. Do you have tittys? Are you trans?

by Anonymousreply 105June 8, 2021 11:39 PM

To all you fat shaming little bitches out there who were dragging Bear through the mud for being ‘fat’ stingy and effeminate and other excessive rudeness. I told you that obesity is a metabolic /genetic disorder ,not over-eating and a new drug was on the horizon……see……i was right…don’t bother apologizing I’ll just end up hating you anyway ..some things just can’t be forgiven..fat shaming being one of them…

by Anonymousreply 106June 8, 2021 11:48 PM

r103 seriously get your T levels checked - I was in a similar spot I worked out 5 times a week, ate like bird and could not lose weight or gain muscle. Low T levels - I am on therapy now once a week shot I give myself. Changed everything. Started losing wieght eating more, put on muscle lost fat, gained energy - down sides are, I get acne like a teenager but managable with a good tea tree soap. and my back is hairier - but nair takes care of that. Pluses I get hard like a teenager now.

by Anonymousreply 107June 9, 2021 2:37 AM

[quote] handful of nuts

Tee hee.

by Anonymousreply 108June 9, 2021 11:12 AM

Sounds like Miss Doug @ R103 needs a "reverse diet" due to a fucked up metabolism. What you describe is exactly what happened to all the Biggest Loser winners. Every single one of them gained all the weight back and then some. That's because they followed the "eat less/move more" dietary model along with SAD (Standard American Diet of low fat/high carbs) that is recommended by most wildly misinformed doctors, nutritionists and idiots like Jillian Michaels. For them, it's all about CICO (calories in/calories out). That model is doomed to fail long term because the human body is hard wired for survival. It interprets any severe reduction in fat and protein as "starvation", so it holds on to stored fat for dear life. Our bodies evolved to be VERY good at helping us to survive lean winters and periods of famine. Your metabolism has slowed to a snails pace because it 'thinks" it's starving when you eat so little food.

R103, you need to work with a nutritionist who is well trained in "reverse" diets. He/she can help you slowly rebuild your metabolism with a well formulated ketogenic diet of the proper foods (primarily meat, poultry, fish, eggs, veg, olive oil, butter plus limited fruits, nuts and dairy) in the proper amounts to heal your metabolism. Then you will be able to lose weight again.

Also---you need to drastically increase your protein. Most hunger and cravings are due to inadequate protein which our bodies need more than any other macronutrient. When we don't get enough, again--our bodies being brilliant machines wired for survival, force us to keep eating until we get it. Unfortunately, protein is the last thing we tend to reach for when hungry....so our appetites are never sated and we just keep eating and eating.....and getting fatter and fatter.

by Anonymousreply 109June 9, 2021 12:24 PM

R109 is right. Also We screwed up our bodies with food high in fake fructose and corn oils, as well as chemical additives that have no nutritional value but make the food taste better. it’s going to take a long time to fix.

by Anonymousreply 110June 9, 2021 12:53 PM

Hey, ketovangelist, serious question. What do you think about intermittent fasting? Is it good to combine with keto? TIA

by Anonymousreply 111June 9, 2021 1:24 PM

Absolutely R111. It's turbo charges keto. Keto + IF is a magic combo. I skip breakfast (except I do have coffee) --- only eat lunch at around noon and dinner around 6-7pm. It's easy for most people to cut out breakfast, because it tends to be a solitary meal that you eat on the go. It's much harder to cut out dinner because it's a more social meal.

The science says that you begin burning the most fat after about 10-12 hrs of fasting. So, that means a lot of the energy I expend in the last few hours of my fast is really melting the fat. I take long walks during this time frame to amp up fat burning even more. LOL, I have rabidly anti-keto friend who I sometimes walk with who usually eats a carb heavy breakfast before our walks. I always tell her that while she's burning off her oatmeal, I'm burning my "fat suit".

Fasting is easy once you are fat adapted on keto, which takes about 3-4 weeks. You have to hang in there until then because hunger and cravings vanish. I have to remind myself to eat many days.

by Anonymousreply 112June 9, 2021 2:21 PM

Is this similar to metformin?

by Anonymousreply 113June 9, 2021 2:45 PM

Thanks, ketovanglist! I’m a keto convert, I’ll try the IF now.

by Anonymousreply 114June 9, 2021 3:17 PM

R105 where'd ya get the good drugs? You should share. Mmm'kay thanks.

by Anonymousreply 115June 9, 2021 3:21 PM

I purchased Phentermine in Mexico but I think it is weaker than what I got from the diet doctor. I want this drug NOW!

by Anonymousreply 116June 9, 2021 4:01 PM

R109, and as we keep eating we take in loads of extra calories. Think of the difference between 4 hardboiled eggs to get 24g of high quality bioavailable protein, with a bit of fat and no carbs and 240 calories. To get the same amount of protein from rice and beans you get loads of extra calories, carbs and depending on prep, possibly fat - 784 calories, 120 carbs. Carbs raise insulin levels which primes the body to store fat. Insulin resistance is linked to diabetes, NAFLD, heart disease, cancers and Alzheimer's. See Why We Get Sick by Dr. Ben Bikman.

What you are describing is the protein leverage hypothesis. For anyone interested, check out Dr. Ted Naiman and his P:E diet, or brief overview here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117June 9, 2021 4:05 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118June 9, 2021 4:05 PM

LOL @ R117. I just listened that Ketogenic Girl podcast episode this morning and was considering linking it here. Vanessa is brilliant (once you get past the baby voice - ugh).

by Anonymousreply 119June 9, 2021 4:13 PM

^forgot to sign off as R109 aka DL Ketovangelist

by Anonymousreply 120June 9, 2021 4:14 PM

[quote] I purchased Phentermine in Mexico

How much did it cost down there, r116?

by Anonymousreply 121June 9, 2021 4:15 PM

Hey guys, thanks for the support and advice. Especially Dr. Ketoevangelist. I felt like I was going crazy.

I'm going to do the IF. I'm starving anyways. And return to the keto I did last year. I had about a 10 pound weight loss which I felt was probably water and I never felt like I went into ketosis. No bad breath happening and then I stalled.

I'm also going to look into the T treatment. I'm leery of that because of my mothers bad history of hormone replacement therapy but I feel like I'm going to die of obesity anyway so what the fuck, why not.

by Anonymousreply 122June 9, 2021 4:15 PM

R122, please consider contacting Vanessa @ R117. She works with clients who have sluggish metabolisms to bring them back to optimal health. There is a process. It takes time to reverse the damage. Plus, you'll want to make sure you're getting proper supplementation for your specific needs.

by Anonymousreply 123June 9, 2021 4:23 PM

R122, we have middle-aged neighbors who are French. They are both very fit and thin people - he runs and she swims. According to them, they eat whatever they want, but only in an 8-hour window. He swears this is their “secret”. Of course, they are French, so it might be what they eat, too, but she says she eats things like chocolate and ice cream etc.

by Anonymousreply 124June 9, 2021 4:24 PM

Also, the French are just genetically leaner. {{sigh}} It ain't fair.

by Anonymousreply 125June 9, 2021 4:30 PM

Also, keep in mind that in Europe the GMOs, seed oils and high fructose corn syrup that we put in ALL of our processed foods are banned. Your French neighbors were not raised on them as we were. Our bodies can withstand the assault from these poisons when young, but eventually our metabolisms break down after decades of consuming deadly non-food foods.

by Anonymousreply 126June 9, 2021 4:37 PM

I love listening to Ted Naiman but his voice is a bit the same, R119. I do like his emphasis on bodyweight exercises, no need for special equipment, to join a gym, no barriers and it is so effective. Emphasizing protein got me results when I had seemingly stalled on the last bit of weight using keto and IF. I also have recomped and have higher lean mass now. The satiety of animal protein is insane, when I was a vegetarian I was hungry all the time.

by Anonymousreply 127June 9, 2021 4:41 PM

R122, try emphasizing protein, check out the articles re: doing so on the Diet Doctor website or Dr. Ted Naiman's social media. The ketogenicgirl vid linked above is a nice overview too. I had an experience very similar to hers. I had been vegetarian for many years, lost weight and improved health on keto/IF but then stalled. I did a month long carnivore challenge and it was amazing, I was never hungry and felt so much stronger and weight just shifted. I have reincorporated some veg and berries now but really attribute my health gains and weight maintenance to a period of much higher protein percentage (@150g per day), now I aim for 35g+ per meal.

by Anonymousreply 128June 9, 2021 4:44 PM

HOORAY! Now I can finally buy that Indochino suit!

by Anonymousreply 129June 9, 2021 4:44 PM

R117 losing fat and increasing lean mass is what boosts resting metabolism and makes regaining less likely. She does seem to get results for her clients. Men may gain muscle even more quickly depending on age.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130June 9, 2021 4:58 PM

R117 some inspo for you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131June 9, 2021 6:43 PM

Abstract

Key Takeaway: Higher protein diets also improve satiety and lead to greater reductions in body weight and fat mass compared with standard protein diets, and may therefore serve as a successful strategy to help prevent and/or treat obesity.

Substantial evidence supports the increased consumption of high-quality protein to achieve optimal health outcomes. A growing body of research indicates that protein intakes well above the current Recommended Dietary Allowance help to promote healthy aging, appetite regulation, weight management, and goals aligned with athletic performance. Higher protein intakes may help prevent age-related sarcopenia, the loss of muscle mass, and strength that predisposes older adults to frailty, disability, and loss of autonomy. Higher protein diets also improve satiety and lead to greater reductions in body weight and fat mass compared with standard protein diets, and may therefore serve as a successful strategy to help prevent and/or treat obesity. Athletes can also benefit from higher protein intakes to maximize athletic performance given the critical role protein plays in stimulating muscle protein remodelling after exercise. Protein quality, per meal dose, and timing of ingestion are also important considerations. Despite persistent beliefs to the contrary, we can find no evidence-based link between higher protein diets and renal disease or adverse bone health. This brief synopsis highlights recent learnings based on presentations at the 2015 Canadian Nutrition Society conference, Advances in Protein Nutrition across the Lifespan. Current evidence indicates intakes in the range of at least 1.2 to 1.6 g/(kg·day) of high-quality protein is a more ideal target for achieving optimal health outcomes in adults.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132June 9, 2021 6:57 PM

Side effects seem to be mild and temporary short term, but the fact that it's being approved for BMIs 27 and over with a comorbidity suggests that it doesn't need to be used long term for most people if you remember 25 is normal bodyweight for most people. If you can lose 20% of your body weight in a year, that would put many people within a normal weight range within that time. Even if you weigh 300 lbs, losing 60 lbs can make a huge difference in the quality of your life if you have comorbid osteopathic issues and metabolic issues. The trouble is that people gain it all back after going off the drug probably because they're not being taught about nutrition and portion control in the meantime. It's probably not a panacea but it seems like it's a relatively safe tool to add to the arsenal.

by Anonymousreply 133June 9, 2021 7:19 PM

If you're a fat whore, ask your doctor if Smega Gluten is right for you!

by Anonymousreply 134June 9, 2021 7:38 PM

Keto + Gym works

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135June 9, 2021 8:52 PM

The plan all along:

First make them fat. Then make a drug that makes them thin.

Anything but putting healthy food in your stomach.

by Anonymousreply 136June 9, 2021 8:56 PM

r136 it was the fat free craze of the early 2000s. Snackwells? nothing but sugar. They take out the fat they have to replace it with someting. What ever happened to Olestra?? Remember the fake fat that would cause anal leakage?

by Anonymousreply 137June 9, 2021 8:58 PM

That’s what caused that?!

Whew.

by Anonymousreply 138June 9, 2021 9:01 PM

Damnit all to hell! My medical plan won't give me it. They want me to attend a weight loss program instead. I could fucking teach one at this point.

by Anonymousreply 139June 9, 2021 9:50 PM

R139, if you have a prescription, you can get it from Canada. Still pricey but not the $1,000 in the US. I belong to a Facebook group, and this is a reputable Canadian pharmacy where others have gotten their prescription filled

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140June 9, 2021 10:06 PM

Brief info re: reverse dieting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141June 9, 2021 10:59 PM

[quote] it was the fat free craze of the early 2000s. Snackwells? nothing but sugar. They take out the fat they have to replace it with someting. What ever happened to Olestra?? Remember the fake fat that would cause anal leakage?

I'm still bitter about the fat free craze of the 1990s (it started around 1991 with fucking Susan Powter). I spent years eating a high carb, very low fat diet and totally fucked up my system.

by Anonymousreply 142June 9, 2021 11:03 PM

R132, as we gain more scientific knowledge about the body's requirement for higher protein for optimal health, how will we meet an ever increasing demand for more and more animal products? Is it even sustainable to feed the earth's population 100 grams/day of animal protein? Yes, you 'can' get protein from non-animal sources, but it's not easy, nor is it as healthy.

Our bodies want MEAT!!!

by Anonymousreply 143June 9, 2021 11:38 PM

R143, what are you talking about? It’s absolutely possible to have a healthy diet with plenty of protein without meat products. The reason we eat meat from cows is that they’re cheap to raise and cost effective to sell.

by Anonymousreply 144June 9, 2021 11:45 PM

R143, support regenerative agriculture and your local farmers using sustainable practices. Bonus - tiny carbon footprint.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145June 9, 2021 11:47 PM

I'm shocked that R132's study is recommending higher protein intake:

[quote]Stuart Phillips has received research funding, honoraria for speaking, and travel expenses from the US National Dairy Council, the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association, and Dairy Farmers of Canada. Stéphanie Chevalier receives research funding from the Dairy Farmers of Canada. Heather J. Leidy has received grant funding from The Beef Checkoff. She sits on the Scientific Advisory Board for the Egg Nutrition Centre. She has provided consulting services to Kraft Foods, PepsiCo, Hillshire Brands, and Kellogg. She is a member of the Speakers Bureau for the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association and the National Dairy Council.

[quote]Support for open access publication was provided by the Canadian Pork Council, Dairy Farmers of Canada, and Egg Farmers of Canada.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146June 10, 2021 12:20 AM

You can't feed the entire world pasture raised beef. I'm pretty well off and I don't even buy it because the cost is outrageous.

by Anonymousreply 147June 10, 2021 1:04 AM

Educate yourself, R144. None of the greatest minds in nutrition science agree with you. Plant sources of protein are a poor substitute for animal sources. And, no, animals products are NOT cheap. Oh my sides. You can grow a tomato on your patio. Try raising a cow. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 148June 10, 2021 1:14 AM

R148, that’s horseshit. There are plenty of protein sources that are not cows. And great minds? More horseshit. And I’m not even a vegetarian. But you’re right about animal sources not being cheap. They started out that way (cows were easy to raise and slaughter), but we aren’t keeping up with the needs of our population. Funny enough I just saw something on the people of Okinawa, many of whom live to be 100 and are healthy. They eat a lot of fermented stuff, but their diet is high in carbs. Healthy carbs for sure.

I do know one thing. The myth of meat as the best protein source was fomented and propagated by—surprise! The meat industry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149June 10, 2021 1:27 AM

R148, I don’t know if you’d consider Harvard University minds as some of the “greatest minds,” but they disagree with you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150June 10, 2021 1:31 AM

Pls stop derailing the thread. People should buy what they can afford and what fits with their health goals, ethics, etc.

by Anonymousreply 151June 10, 2021 1:33 AM

[quote]I'm still bitter about the fat free craze of the 1990s (it started around 1991 with fucking Susan Powter). I spent years eating a high carb, very low fat diet and totally fucked up my system.

It does make you wonder if people will be saying the same thing in 20 years about the keto craze...

by Anonymousreply 152June 10, 2021 1:33 AM

People have been eating protein and veg and some fruit (keto) for a very long time in the evolution of man. Eating lots of processed food - low fat, sweeteners, etc, is very recent.

by Anonymousreply 153June 10, 2021 1:37 AM

They might, r152, when we realize why we had the epidemic of gallbladder removals. Keto is great for some people, but the high fat content just isn’t right for others. But you absolutely will lost weight.

My gut tells me that healthy proteins and complex carbs, with a normal amount of fat, is the right way to go.

by Anonymousreply 154June 10, 2021 1:38 AM

It’s O-O-O-Ozempic which has been on the market for ages already.

by Anonymousreply 155June 10, 2021 1:53 AM

[quote] Keto is great for some people, but the high fat content just isn’t right for others.

You nailed it, r154. Our bodies are so different, a diet that makes me drop 30 pounds over night might make you gain that 30 in the same amount of time. That's why when people say, "XYZ doesn't work," I always think, "No, XYZ doesn't work FOR YOU."

by Anonymousreply 156June 10, 2021 1:58 AM

Keto does not HAVE to be high fat, R154. Lowering carbs puts the body in ketosis, not eating fat. The only people who need to consume high fat while in ketosis are those doing it to control epilepsy or some mental health conditions. A focus on whole foods, protein, high fiber veg and some berries is keto and quite healthy. In fact, it is how most people ate before the diabesity epidemic.

by Anonymousreply 157June 10, 2021 2:01 AM

R157, if you Google keto, this is the first thing that comes up:

“ A keto or ketogenic diet is a low-carb, moderate protein, higher-fat diet that can help you burn fat more effectively. It has many benefits for weight loss, health, and performance, as shown in over 50 studies.”

Generally if you’re referring to keto, that’s what it is—higher fat. But you’re right about lowering carbs, etc. it really is the right way to go.

by Anonymousreply 158June 10, 2021 2:07 AM

Traditionally it was to control seizures, R158, for that purpose, high ketones due to high fat are beneficial. Ketosis is a fat burning state. If one wants to burn fat off the body better to limit what comes in the mouth. The book End Your Carb Confusion is also a great resource with different approaches for weight loss and metabolic healing and then incorporating slightly more carbs for maintenance and depending on activity. Fat is limited and protein emphasized, author runs the obesity med clinic at Duke. Super straighforward approach, you eat off his 1 page list of foods, google "Westman page 4 pinterest" and stop when you are full. Carbs are limited, as is fat. No spreadsheets, apps, etc., very old school and great success rate for reversing NAFLD, diabetes, etc.

For most, changing the food, with or without drugs, is needed to lose weight and maintain over time. Weight training or resistance training can really help boost resting metabolic rate. Finding some type of movement activity, even walking, that is enjoyable and accessible is helpful for maintenance too. Diet is key for weight loss but exercise helps re: re-gain and it is great for health and stress relief. It really does come down to changing food and lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 159June 10, 2021 2:25 AM

[quote] Once I feel full, I am DONE. My snacking is curtailed, too. The best part is that I eat pretty much whatever I want; just not a lot of it.

That is exactly what happened to me about 1-2 months on Weight Watchers. And I m someone who loves to cook and eat.

Many people who are overweight do not eat because they are hungry. They eat because they are obsessed with eating, oral gratification, or some other reason. A pill is not going to cure that.

A very expensive pill because people are not willing to control themselves. Seriously. This is such bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 160June 10, 2021 2:50 AM

Atkins - High Protein, low carbs moderate fats. Keto - High Fats, moderate protein, low carbs.

by Anonymousreply 161June 10, 2021 4:23 PM

A ketogenic diet to control seizures and mental health issues - high fat (to drive ketones), moderate protein, low carbs

A ketogenic diet to burn BODY FAT will have low carbs, moderate to lower fat and higher protein.

Ketosis is a process by which the body is burning fat for fuel rather than glucose, we are meant to run like a Prius. Where you want the fat to COME FROM is a choice, your mouth or your gut. Many "try keto" and think it "did not work" for them when they were taking in loads of oily coffee, nuts, pepperoni and eating sticks of butter. If that DID work for you, fab, but if your BODY is HIGH FAT all your DIET needs is lowering carbs to drive a shift to a ketogenic state. That is the switch, dropping insulin. Eating FAT does not trigger ketosis. And eating fat and carbs - chips, donuts, cookies, Ben & Jerry's - makes you FAT. Eating protein and high fiber makes you lean and healthy, you may wall also be in ketosis.

by Anonymousreply 162June 10, 2021 4:38 PM

[quote]the fat free craze of the early 2000s

Mid 90s to early 2000s, which led to a marked rise in clinical depression in the mid2000s, which we now know has a causal result from long term low fat diets and which spurred a multibillion psychopharmacology industry.

Again, the fix is always anything but eating a variety of healthy fresh food.

by Anonymousreply 163June 10, 2021 9:30 PM

Nutrients are so important, I had a crap vegetarian diet and was always moody. When I went back to an omni diet and ate a lot of eggs I noticed a difference in mood and memory. Eggs and meat have a lot of bioavailable nutrition, frankenfood in a box, looking at you, GMO Morningstar Farms, is an iffier proposition. I had not made that connections, R163, bit of problem/reaction/solution. Like urging diabetics to eat large amounts of carbs throughout the day > staggering sums spent on insulin in doses that were literally unheard of a few decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 164June 10, 2021 9:43 PM

R116 here. Phentermine in Mexico was two boxes of 30 pills each 30 mg for $99 USD.

by Anonymousreply 165June 11, 2021 4:11 PM

[quote] Phentermine in Mexico was two boxes of 30 pills each 30 mg for $99 USD.

Thanks for following up r165 / r116. I was getting 45 pills of 37.5mg (that I would break in half to last 90 days) for $300 at the clinics in LA., so I was paying nearly double per half a pill. Not sure it's worth it to make the trek down to Mexico, but I'll keep it in mind.

by Anonymousreply 166June 11, 2021 4:57 PM

I want to thank whoever suggested the answer to my problem would be intermittent fasting.

I'm a month in and it's been wonderful. I've already got about an 8 pound weight loss but even better than that, the inflammation pain I've had for two years is gone.

That alone is worth keeping this up as a lifestyle. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

by Anonymousreply 167July 18, 2021 3:03 PM

r167 Datalounge - saving lives one day at a time.

by Anonymousreply 168July 18, 2021 3:06 PM

Does this drug paralyze your hand forcing you to drop your fork?

Because THAT is how you lose weight.

by Anonymousreply 169July 18, 2021 3:31 PM

I think the emphasis on fat in the keto diet is because it satiates. Once you are accustomed to getting satiety from fat, you don’t seek it from carbs. (But the carb temptation is always lurking…)

There are healthy fats, like avocado and nuts and grassfed cream and wild salmon, but they’re expensive. And people would rather eat bacon and sugar-free caramel latte CoffeeMate.

If I said my diet is salmon and arugula and olives and Parmesan cheese and pumpkin seeds, nobody would have a problem with it. Those are nice healthy foods. But what about pork rinds and bacon and hot dogs? That’s gross.

by Anonymousreply 170July 18, 2021 3:41 PM

Happy for you, R167! The difference in inflammation and pain is life changing. Best, IF can be combined with any eating strategy.

by Anonymousreply 171July 18, 2021 3:42 PM

And DL parties like it’s 1999! 🎉🥳

by Anonymousreply 172July 18, 2021 3:44 PM

Careful R164 or Charlie will come on to tell you how wonderful GMO and HFCS is.

by Anonymousreply 173July 18, 2021 3:44 PM

Thank You R171.

It's been a real revelation.

I was surprised how easy it was. I'm on 16/8 but will do a 24 0r 36 hour fast later this month when the weather gets real hot. It's easier to fast in really hot weather.

Next up I will add strength training.

The fat does help satiate but it also helps with the vitamin absorption as many are fat soluble.

by Anonymousreply 174July 18, 2021 3:55 PM

Is it too late for me to get in on this?

This seems like something I could use.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175July 19, 2021 2:50 AM

How many of you gays use this?

by Anonymousreply 176July 21, 2021 4:48 PM

Will it work if I had a gastric bypass already?

by Anonymousreply 177July 21, 2021 5:23 PM

Wouldn't it be cheaper to go on a diet?

by Anonymousreply 178July 21, 2021 6:00 PM

[quote] Wouldn't it be cheaper to go on a diet?

Of course. But that takes actual effort and discipline and patience.

Oh, and the pharmas won't get rich from your diets. So it's worth it to spend lots of money getting medical professionals to write articles defending your new miracle drug.

by Anonymousreply 179July 21, 2021 6:11 PM

Unfortunately, r178, due to a number of reasons, going on a diet does not work for many people. And if it does, your body adjusts to less food.

by Anonymousreply 180July 21, 2021 6:11 PM

I checked with Blink Health the cost is $17,000 for a prescription.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181July 21, 2021 7:02 PM

GIVE HER THE SHOT!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182July 21, 2021 7:31 PM

Inspired by this thread, I'm on day 3 of intermittent fasting (6 on/16 off) but I finally got a chance to watch the new Unsolved Mysteries series and now I want a goddamned snack.

How bad would it be to eat a half pound of cherries?

by Anonymousreply 183July 30, 2021 2:26 AM

Just checking in with myself. I didn't eat the cherries last night. I still have 2.25 hours before my fast is temporarily over. I am looking forward to a sandwich at noon.

by Anonymousreply 184July 30, 2021 2:45 PM

So I've been on the intermittent fasting for over six weeks.

All my inflammation pain is gone, Bliss.

I can now feels bones in my body I haven't been able to feel for a long time. Two inches off my waist.

I did a day long fast and went 21 1/2 hours. I only ate because I realized my avocado was going to go bad real soon.

Next week I'll do another daylong fast.

Th lack of hunger is marvelous.

by Anonymousreply 185July 30, 2021 3:28 PM

prescription: pushhealth.com

by Anonymousreply 186July 30, 2021 3:58 PM

Great job, R184 and R186. Fasting really does help so much re: inflammation and is amazing for helping to regulate hunger hormones. Keep going!

by Anonymousreply 187July 30, 2021 5:23 PM

so fatties of DL you had two moths to try this new drug. have you lost any weight?

by Anonymousreply 188August 15, 2021 11:53 AM

It increases your insulin production. If that's the difference, why aren't diabetics who inject insulin skinny?

R148, the entirety of human evolution disagrees with you. We are, at heart, gatherers who occasionally feasted on meat. And, even then, until we learned to cook it, we weren't getting a whole lot out of gnawing on the carcass because we couldn't efficiently break down the uncooked proteins. We also starved a lot in between our feasts which is why we are so good at holding onto fat in our bodies. If you want to eat correctly, eat like our primitive ancestors ate. We spent a million years evolving to eat that way. We've spent only the last 60-100 years fucking it up.

by Anonymousreply 189August 15, 2021 12:18 PM

I'm sorry, but this is total insanity. People rather pay enormous amounts of money for a food depressant drug than face the actual psychological issue that made them obese in the first place? And no, I don't believe in that "It's genetic! / I have big bones!" lie all obese people tell themselves. Their fear to face their issues makes them weak minded and easy prey for snake oil salesmen. Sorry, that's the truth.

Having to take this drug for the rest of your life while it costs so much? Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 190August 15, 2021 12:19 PM

R190, believing weight and obesity is all in your head is you coming from a place of ignorance. You just don't like fat people and want to blame something on them that is under their control. For the vast majority, it is not. They can eat the same as skinny people and gain weight because it's metabolic, not psychological. I assume you also believe that people don't need medication for their neurochemical imbalances because those, too, are all in their heads, right? Nah, actually, you probably don't believe that second one because your hangup is fat people, not the mentally ill...for obvious reasons.

by Anonymousreply 191August 15, 2021 12:33 PM

This drug (and pretty much all drugs) should be free for the poor. We have the means, the US is ridiculous when it comes to drug pricing and healthcare. Fuck Big Pharma.

But the real problem here is the food industry and capitalism. We need to tackle the cheap, low-quality food and reduce prices of healthy food. Most people don’t want to hear it though. Any restrictions will generate outrage, so nothing will happen.

by Anonymousreply 192August 15, 2021 12:44 PM

It goes hand in hand: The cheap food makes you sick and the for profit pharma industry has the right drug to ease your pain and superficial ailments. For a not-so-cheap price, of course.

by Anonymousreply 193August 15, 2021 12:50 PM

R192

Also I think we should’ve controlled things like sugar and salt content. Food (like soda) with an alarming amount of sugar and salt should’ve never been approved. Not only is it horrendous for you, but it’s all addictive. Anyone who didn’t see this coming is blind and naive. If we had better quality control of food, I don’t think we’d be anywhere near the problem we’re in today. It’s too late now to do anything, because people will riot.

by Anonymousreply 194August 15, 2021 1:07 PM

If one thing gets people to revolt and go on the street en masse, it's making all products sugar free (as in not adding more sugar than what's in the ingredients by default). Sugar isn't just a drug, it's a pacifier.

by Anonymousreply 195August 15, 2021 1:12 PM

I've never understood why the food companies add so much unnecessary shit. You know all those Low Salt options now with things like chips? They taste much better than the salt-covered ones. So, why do they put so much salt on them to start? Why did they start putting so much sugar in things like soda when less sugar would have been fine?

The single best thing the US could do is ban corn syrup.

by Anonymousreply 196August 15, 2021 7:06 PM

R185 & R187,

Monday will be my third week of 18/6 IF. Haven't gotten on the scales (I will in three more weeks), but my pants are almost falling off. Joint pain, back pain, sciatica, all reduced by 80-90%. I am more alert and wake up earlier with a clear mind. Those other benefits alone would be worth it, but to be losing weight, too, is just fantastic.

Thank you, it is a goddamned miracle.

by Anonymousreply 197August 15, 2021 7:23 PM

^from R183.

by Anonymousreply 198August 15, 2021 7:25 PM

Put it next to that Alzheimer's pill.

by Anonymousreply 199August 15, 2021 7:33 PM

yummy

by Anonymousreply 200May 12, 2022 1:11 AM

Oh, how cute.

by Anonymousreply 201May 12, 2022 1:15 AM

Stop it this instant!

THIS IS JUST CRAZY TALK!

by Anonymousreply 202May 12, 2022 3:28 AM

Can they take that pill, coat it with bread crumbs, deep fry it then drizzle chocolate on it? That would be great.

by Anonymousreply 203May 12, 2022 11:05 AM

It's Fen Fen baby...

by Anonymousreply 204May 12, 2022 11:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!