Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Design a room completely inspired by the following item. This item will be the focal point of the room.

Everything else is up to you. I'm not giving you something easy. It's a challenge. Be specific please and tell me suggestions for walls, flooring, windows, furniture, lighting and accessories. Good luck.

You can tap on the photo to see the details of the item.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31July 13, 2021 12:05 PM

Sorry grandma, no.

by Anonymousreply 1June 5, 2021 4:39 AM

I would have lots of dark wood, flocked burgundy wall paper, heavy burgundy drapes with gold fringe, dark leather upholstered furniture, a couple large potted plants, and a large tasteful nude in a gilded frame. If you do not like burgundy I would swap it from a deep forest green. And on the floor a nice Oriental rug.

by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2021 5:29 AM

I'm hearing the squishy crinkle of the plastic seat covers. Protection for the rose and gold velvet sofa with the acanthus leaf pattern. The faint aroma of cat piss and hot plastic competing with the cinnamon potpourri. I want to die or wonder, am I dead already?

by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2021 5:30 AM

Red velvet sofa with cord fringe on bottom first

by Anonymousreply 4June 5, 2021 5:39 AM

Flocked wallpaper, doilies, and maybe a collection of dolls.

by Anonymousreply 5June 5, 2021 5:43 AM

OP are the same person who posted last year about that similar but much larger lamp you wanted to buy and it was thousands of dollars and you had gift cards or something?

We bit our tongues and were supportive and encouraging but we can't do it twice.

How much are those ones going to set you back? Because if they cost more than $12 each then they are too expensive.

by Anonymousreply 6June 5, 2021 5:46 AM

Has Nicolas Fairford given his opinion on these?

by Anonymousreply 7June 5, 2021 5:54 AM

Fabulous so far. Keep them coming.

Yes, r6. Do are you looking for another hand slap again? Kisses.

by Anonymousreply 8June 5, 2021 6:16 AM

^^ * Are you looking

by Anonymousreply 9June 5, 2021 6:16 AM

Oh and r6, I bought that lamp for $400.00. I'm looking at it right now. It's gorgeous!

by Anonymousreply 10June 5, 2021 6:18 AM

I knew it was you OP!

We deserve a pic of the $400 lamp all set up in your house I believe. Please post!

by Anonymousreply 11June 5, 2021 4:27 PM

by Anonymousreply 12June 9, 2021 6:00 PM

Can we start again and design a room around a L.C. Tiffany dragonfly lamp, not OP's Dale Tiffany bedazzled thing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 9, 2021 6:10 PM

You are a whorehouse, darlin'

by Anonymousreply 14June 9, 2021 6:27 PM

My room is windowless, with keys to the deadbolt lost.

by Anonymousreply 15June 9, 2021 6:30 PM

You didn't tell us the product dimensions OP but I agree with some of the thought of R1.

Dark walls & golden accents would help balance out the many colors on these items.

What size is the room? Does it have any windows to lighten it up if the owner chooses?

What kind of room are you putting it in? A living room?

Are you putting these on both sides of a couch or other item?

Check out the color scheme in my post below (the 2nd one from the bottom). I have the same look on Pinterest but it has some reds & oranges in it so it isn't as dark as the one below but I don't know how to post in on here. The Pinterest one was on Freshome but I can't find it on there now. The dark walls will show off your above pieces (it helps those of us who like colors to gravitate their eyes to your above pieces) & for those that don't care for that particular style they will like the light (assuming that they both work) that they will give off to brighten the room.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 9, 2021 7:14 PM

^ That should be R2 not R1 LOL!

by Anonymousreply 17June 9, 2021 7:14 PM

[Quote] You didn't tell us the product dimensions OP

r16,

Length: 10in. Width: 10in. Height: 28in.

The rest you posted is all up to you as I said. Enjoy.

by Anonymousreply 18June 9, 2021 7:17 PM

Also painting the poles & bases on your items a golden color would help make

them shine like new (covering any chips or scratches) against a dark background.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 9, 2021 7:19 PM

28 inches high? I thought they were 4-6 feet tall.

So these are table lamps i search of a good home in a room. Gotcha.

1 accent wall with a dark green leafy pattern would go with the green on the dragonflies as well as the leaves below them.

This one is cheap starting at $7.99 (you didn't mention what type of budget) & the leaves resemble the dragonfly shape but not the leaves below them.

A Google search for "green leaf wallpaper" brought up a 3D tropical wallpaper at AliExpress. The chair color in the pic is striking next to this wallpaper. DL won't let me post it so you will have to go to their web site. Also I don't know if you plan to sit in a chair & read with these lights or snuggle up to your honey on a couch.

by Anonymousreply 20June 9, 2021 7:37 PM

All up to you, r20. have fun!

by Anonymousreply 21June 9, 2021 7:39 PM

Sorry R21. My fun is done with this "mystery" project.

by Anonymousreply 22June 9, 2021 7:40 PM

r16 / r20 here's a video of them. You'll love it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 9, 2021 7:42 PM

Why, OP?! These belong in a condo in Fort Myers. And who cares?

by Anonymousreply 24June 9, 2021 7:42 PM

Old flyover queens just love fake Tiffany-style lamps. You'll get lots of ideas, OP.

by Anonymousreply 25June 9, 2021 7:55 PM

I will also go with dark wood, lots of bookshelves filled with books. Price tags. Old cash register. Maybe a cat.

Don't forget the grumpy old man with undersized glasses manning the cash. He's required.

by Anonymousreply 26June 9, 2021 7:59 PM

They’re under the mattress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 9, 2021 8:00 PM

So how did this end?

by Anonymousreply 28July 13, 2021 10:56 AM

Gramps has figured out what Clickbait is all about.

by Anonymousreply 29July 13, 2021 11:19 AM

The lamp would stand out in this room.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 13, 2021 11:32 AM

A casket surrounded by these two lamps

by Anonymousreply 31July 13, 2021 12:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!