Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Waterbeds

Are they still a thing

by Anonymousreply 20June 10, 2021 10:57 PM

Not in your country, Boris.

by Anonymousreply 1June 5, 2021 2:19 AM

God they were awful

by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2021 2:21 AM

Yeah, they were awful, especially when they sprung a leak as mine did quite a few times.

by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2021 2:24 AM

I had one growing up (teenage years) that just sat on the floor (no frame, etc) because the bladders were fairly cheap and my parents had one as well. We didn't really have money for furniture at the time.

As an adult, i had one for several years. It was different than a regular water bed - it was king sized with 2 bladders and a "mattress pad" went over the whole thing (looked like a real mattress for all intents and purposes). Also, there was a temperature control attached so you could adjust the heat/coolness to preference/season. I can't recall why I finally got rid of it, but probably had it for at least 5 years.

by Anonymousreply 4June 5, 2021 2:35 AM

Up until about 3 years ago I had a California King Size waterbed. I loved it particularly with cold northeast winters. Now if you have cats either don't allow them in the room or on the waterbed. I learned that lesson. Alas gave it up. And it was a full motion bed. Great for fucking.

by Anonymousreply 5June 5, 2021 2:40 AM

Kirby Baker had one in his office in Harper Valley. Talk of waterbeds and this was the first thing that came to mind.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 5, 2021 2:44 AM

What about adjustable beds? I'm thinking of getting one. Any recommendations?

by Anonymousreply 7June 5, 2021 2:44 AM

My friend had one circa 2002/3.

We finished up having an orgy at his place whilst he was out of town. 5 of us were on it and it was very robust.

by Anonymousreply 8June 5, 2021 2:44 AM

Horrible

by Anonymousreply 9June 5, 2021 2:46 AM

I dated a guy with a "waveless" water bed. It was ugly as hell, but I used to sleep incredibly deeply in that bed. It was kind of fun the way it sloshed around when we were doing it on the waterbed.

by Anonymousreply 10June 5, 2021 2:49 AM

I have a friend who has one and she swears by it.

by Anonymousreply 11June 5, 2021 3:39 AM

I was thinking about this after watch the new Conjuring movie!

Someone in my extended family had one in the 80s - can’t remember who - and when we’d visit I would run into their bedroom just to lay on it. Then I’d get motion sickness. Lol

by Anonymousreply 12June 5, 2021 3:55 AM

i had one in the 80's. It was a queen size and took up so much space. It had a mirrored bookcase headboard and drawers under the base. I always rolled into the space between the mattress and the frame.

by Anonymousreply 13June 5, 2021 6:21 AM

BTW if you still want a waterbed I think you can get frames, matresses, liners and other things on Amazon.

by Anonymousreply 14June 8, 2021 9:58 PM

I knew someone who had a waterbed...and then he died.

by Anonymousreply 15June 8, 2021 10:14 PM

I thought the 70s versions were awful for sex, because you couldn’t get any leverage.

The flotation beds that came along later, which I think is what R4 is describing, were great for sleeping. They didn’t require the heaters from what I remember and were adjustable for firmness.. We had one during the 90s, but when it sprung a leak, that was the end of that.

by Anonymousreply 16June 8, 2021 10:18 PM

Air is where it's at today, baby!

by Anonymousreply 17June 8, 2021 11:13 PM

Air beds suck and they inevitably leak air to the point of complete deflation.

by Anonymousreply 18June 10, 2021 6:49 PM

[quote]R6 Kirby Baker had one in his office in Harper Valley. Talk of waterbeds and this was the first thing that came to mind.....

This is bringing flashbacks of how the guy I lost my virginity to had a water bed!

Curiously, I don’t remember if I liked it or not. (The bed)

by Anonymousreply 19June 10, 2021 7:02 PM

They make me seasick

by Anonymousreply 20June 10, 2021 10:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!