Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Andrew Sullivan goes off on LGBTIA2S+BIPOCLATINX transmysongynoir woke activist bs

right on

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172June 11, 2021 12:03 AM

Mao’s little red book.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 4, 2021 10:17 PM

FUCK OFF Boris

by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2021 6:25 AM

I don't often agree with Sullivan, but he's dead on here.

by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2021 2:35 PM

He’s right. I really like him.

by Anonymousreply 4June 5, 2021 2:37 PM

honkey tears

by Anonymousreply 5June 5, 2021 2:38 PM

Oh fuck off troll r3, after all these years of you little shits saying the exact same phrase about every rightwinger in existence, you think we haven't caught on?

No one believes you're a good little Democrat who just this once happens to agree with a common sense conservative.

As if we've forgotten who Andrew Sullivan is. Please.

by Anonymousreply 6June 5, 2021 2:38 PM

[quote]Oh fuck off troll

Le sigh.

by Anonymousreply 7June 5, 2021 2:40 PM

I don’t get people who deny truth just because they dislike the messenger. Affirming truth is more important than who is saying it.

by Anonymousreply 8June 5, 2021 2:43 PM

Well, thank god John L. Sullivan didn’t go off!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 5, 2021 2:43 PM

I had no idea Sully was still around?

by Anonymousreply 10June 5, 2021 2:46 PM

Sullivan in 2020, fwiw

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 5, 2021 2:46 PM

This thread was almost completely ignored except by r1 who posted immediately after the OP did, then after languishing for nearly a whole day with only one person noticing it, somehow r3 happened upon this thread. If that wasn't coincidence enough, r1 was right here to post again immediately after the bump. That's a pretty good sign this is the work of trolls.

Anyone who had a legitimate point to make wouldn't need to resort to cheap trolling.

by Anonymousreply 12June 5, 2021 2:48 PM

[quote]was right here to post again immediately after the bump. That's a pretty good sign this is the work of trolls.

I have this on my watch list? This thread won’t get much traction because Datalounge is pro-trans. I am not.

by Anonymousreply 13June 5, 2021 2:50 PM

The alphabet soup people have become so complicated and militant that the average everyday person doesn't understand them or pay any attention to them.

by Anonymousreply 14June 5, 2021 2:52 PM

Old people yelling at clouds.

by Anonymousreply 15June 5, 2021 2:54 PM

Sullivan is shit, always has been.

by Anonymousreply 16June 5, 2021 2:55 PM

R6, Thoughtful people can make good points, even if I overall disagree with them or find them personally distasteful. I don't think Pavlovian drooling and snarling at their very name is childish. Even trollish, in your words.

by Anonymousreply 17June 5, 2021 2:56 PM

Erg, that was meant to say "I DO think Pavlovian drooling and snarling...."

by Anonymousreply 18June 5, 2021 2:57 PM

I prefer Sullivan's classical prose, like when he advertised for taking milky loads up his bare ass.

by Anonymousreply 19June 5, 2021 2:59 PM

White body doesn’t like that minorities are deciding what to call themselves.

Boo hoo

by Anonymousreply 20June 5, 2021 3:03 PM

Let's not pretend like someone irritated with trolls is worse than the actual trolls themselves r17, and let's not pretend that Sullivan is deep thinker, when he's just a right winger who has written a blog post about how he hates the woke.

by Anonymousreply 21June 5, 2021 3:05 PM

He’s an interesting writer. I agree with much of what he says in the essay,

by Anonymousreply 22June 5, 2021 3:09 PM

[quote]Let's not pretend like someone irritated with trolls is worse than the actual trolls themselves

Actually, r21, I find most accusers more annoying than their accused They waste so many posts forcing us to read their j'accuse bullshit. Even when I agree with their Therèse Defarge bullshit, I'd rather not be forced to read it, over and over and over. They are DL's most boring contingent.

And I'm not r17, btw.

by Anonymousreply 23June 5, 2021 3:16 PM

[quote]hey waste so many posts forcing us to read

Use the ignore function and stop pretending like you're being victimized and forced to do anything.

[quote]And I'm not [R17], btw.

Don't care, didn't ask.

by Anonymousreply 24June 5, 2021 3:21 PM

If I ignored all the accusers, r24, there'd be little to read, but tons of those annoying numbers that won't disappear in my right-hand column. So piss off, little bitchcunt.

by Anonymousreply 25June 5, 2021 3:49 PM

Has the Toronto Trans Collective issued a rejoinder?

by Anonymousreply 26June 5, 2021 3:55 PM

Those of you whining about "Boris" are just making cheap ad hominem attacks because you disagree with Sullivan and the OP--so the best trick you think of is to paint those who disagree with you as anti-American spies (!!!), even though you know full well that's not true.

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

by Anonymousreply 27June 5, 2021 3:55 PM

Funny - I agree with some of what he says, which is the norm with his writings. He always approaches something with a basic concept that most people will agree on then he goes off the rails and becomes a conservative asshole again.

Plus, he talks about brevity and clarity - but he sure did lengthen this article to be much longer than it needed.

by Anonymousreply 28June 5, 2021 3:57 PM

Reduced to being a wokescold. Fuck off, MilkyLoads.

by Anonymousreply 29June 5, 2021 4:01 PM

R8, 90% of DL doesn’t understand that at all and never will.

by Anonymousreply 30June 5, 2021 4:02 PM

Milky Loads is a race baiting conservative. One can tell by the examples he harps upon that accusations of racism get under his skin.

I wonder why?

For example, he singles out the phrase “structural racism” claims it’s a virtually incomprehensible concept; and suggests it should not be seriously discussed.

When the institutions, teachings, and the accepted behaviors of a society (especially one allegedly committed to equality) are dedicated to enforcing a caste-like hierarchy on some of its members, for no reason other than the circumstances of their birth, that is a “structural ______ism.”

For most of our history we’ve been subject to “structural sexism.”. Society and its institutions frowned upon, and actively discouraged, females from attempting to achieve things it did not want them to achieve. They could be nurses, but rarely doctors. They could be teachers, but seldom professors. They could be cooks, but not chefs. They could play sports, but only “soft” sports.

Women who by sheer determination broke those unwritten rules, were rewarded by becoming the object of derogatory thoughts and epithets (“unmarriageable” being among the mildest) for their efforts.

At almost every upper level of society job interviews were denied, promotions were withheld, wages were suppressed, and effort was met with condescension, solely because they were [italic] born [/italic] female. THAT, is structural sexism.

The concept of structural racism shouldn’t really be that difficult for someone of Sully’s claimed intelligence to understand.

Yet he persists.

by Anonymousreply 31June 5, 2021 10:29 PM

A broken clock is right twice a day. Who knew.

by Anonymousreply 32June 5, 2021 10:34 PM

[quote]A broken clock is right twice a day. Who knew.

This must be Datalounge’s favorite phrase. It’s on every thread practically.

by Anonymousreply 33June 5, 2021 10:36 PM

Andrew Sullivan is a right-winger who sides with guys like Mike Pence (a guy who thinks homosexuality can be cured through prayer)

by Anonymousreply 34June 5, 2021 10:37 PM

R31: Because Captain Bareback hates black people. The women should all be making him pancakes, the ugly men in jail, and the cute ones his personal fuck bunnys until he tires of them. That's his worldview. He's racist trash and so are the all the losers in this thread agreeing with him.

R25: Spoken like a troll who's been called out. Cry harder, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 35June 5, 2021 10:37 PM

Of course Sullivan is correct. But Datalounge doesn't seem to have any tolerance for intelligent gay guys who go against the mob think. OP will soon be crossed out.

by Anonymousreply 36June 5, 2021 10:41 PM

[quote] Datalounge is pro-trans.

Since when? I see some trolls and a few really stupid posters who are, yet in my experience the majority who post appear against it.

by Anonymousreply 37June 5, 2021 10:44 PM

ATTENTION DATALOUNGE:

1. Andrew Sullivan is correct.

2. There are only TWO genders.

3. Vaccines work.

by Anonymousreply 38June 5, 2021 10:44 PM

I've never heard of Andrew Sullivan but you Dataloungers seem to think he is The Devil Incarnate.

Where can I get an unbiased summary of his ideas?

by Anonymousreply 39June 5, 2021 10:50 PM

*Some of* you Dataloungers, R39. Certain specifics in writing are quite helpful.

by Anonymousreply 40June 5, 2021 11:01 PM

Dl is a gay forum, why would it be pro trans when the whole trans mentality exists because straights are uncomfortable with gay sex and want us to be normal and fuck women. Fuck off to twitter or a trans forum.

by Anonymousreply 41June 5, 2021 11:07 PM

R41: You sound just like a Q lunatic. And how interesting that Captain Bareback's racism is made apparent, and the lunatics start screaming about trans issues. You trolls are just awful people.

by Anonymousreply 42June 6, 2021 12:26 AM

Where can I get an unbiased summary of his ideas? R39

Hard to get unbiased from an American nowadays. In Europe , Australia , Canada etc you do not live and breath the Political Party you support. Most people in a variety of beliefs and cross over on many. America seems to live and breath it’s politics.

I was not born a Democrat or Republican. I was born Gay. Whatever the history of the past , Reagan not discussing AIDS to Democrats once supporting Slavery ,neither Party is a moral compass on how to conduct your life. But somehow in America the Party defines you. The battleground is drawn. If you are not part of this culture, you will never understand.

by Anonymousreply 43June 7, 2021 11:42 AM

MilkyLoads is stuck on Substack - that’s like Don Jr. doing Cameo.

by Anonymousreply 44June 7, 2021 11:49 AM

R34 How do you come to the conclusion that he supports Pence? He publicly endorsed and urged his readers to vote for Obama then Clinton then Biden.

by Anonymousreply 45June 7, 2021 11:59 AM

If it was anyone other than Andrew Sullivan, people might listen. That’s the problem. All the people who butch are white supremacists who complain about everything. No one is going to take them seriously because of their history. The others who do have an issue with this bs are too chickenshit to speak up for fear of losing their jobs.

by Anonymousreply 46June 7, 2021 12:07 PM

[quote] Reagan not discussing AIDS to Democrats once supporting Slavery

Honey, the Democratic Party of that era is not the same as the modern one. You might as well butch about the Whig Party. Two different things.

by Anonymousreply 47June 7, 2021 12:08 PM

And yet Andrew Sullivan still stumps for the Catholic Church and wants the US to work as a theocracy.

by Anonymousreply 48June 7, 2021 12:09 PM

I can't see him liking Pence either.

I'm not a fan of the highfalutin' bubble he's in while claiming to "understand America" at the same time. Nor do I understand gays (and most women) bring so loyal to the Catholic Church.

by Anonymousreply 49June 7, 2021 12:11 PM

Give George O’Dowd or Rupert Everett a pint of Smirnoff and you receive more informed commentary.

If Piers Morgan sucked dick that dick would belong to Andrew Sullivan and nobody would eat for a week.

by Anonymousreply 50June 7, 2021 12:12 PM

Andrew Andrew Andrew. Sigh. Still trying to be our age's William Safire.... Still the conservative weaseling his ideology into a topic of interest and potential importance.

As the self appointed editor of his blog, I suggest Andrew:

1 rewrite the passages he finds bad writing in a way he considers better.

2 use examples of bad writing from the right as well. If at a loss, consult Frank Luntz or Newt Gingrich on how they create right-wing jargon for public use. And quite successfully too, I might add.

by Anonymousreply 51June 7, 2021 1:12 PM

I don’t know what’s worse around here… the trolls or the people who accuse someone of trolling and have all these convoluted theories. Probably the latter.

by Anonymousreply 52June 7, 2021 2:34 PM

Sullivan once said something critical of Hillary, therefore he must be banished forever! No dissent is allowed from the progressive orthodoxy.

by Anonymousreply 53June 7, 2021 2:42 PM

No one rang for Milky Loads.

by Anonymousreply 54June 7, 2021 2:44 PM

[quote]Where can I get an unbiased summary of his ideas?

R43, Wiki's article isn't bad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55June 7, 2021 2:48 PM

[quote]What would Orwell say about our debased discourse?

He's spot on about the "debased discourse". Look no further than this thread for examples of discourse that would better suit an elementary school playground.

by Anonymousreply 56June 7, 2021 2:48 PM

We had a thread a few days ago where someone said the Nazis and the racists and the homophobes were better than the people who pointed out the Nazi racist homophobe trolls, and of course they got quite a few responses. Now half the threads on here have some goddamned genius saying "ooh, the people pointing out trolls are worse than the trolls themselves."

No one has an original thought on this board anymore, they just see some reply that got some attention and repeat it ad nauseam, pretending it's insight.

by Anonymousreply 57June 7, 2021 2:51 PM

[quote]No one has an original thought on this board anymore, they just see some reply that got some attention and repeat it ad nauseam, pretending it's insight.

I was saying the same thing the other day, R57.

by Anonymousreply 58June 7, 2021 2:52 PM

Datalounge has no time for your humor, r58!

by Anonymousreply 59June 7, 2021 2:53 PM

R52: Keep crying, troll cunt.

by Anonymousreply 60June 7, 2021 2:55 PM

Sullivan, like many other conservatives, is very good at picking apart the more inane utterings of woke activists and treating them as if they were the mainstream and not the outliers.

Though to be fair, they do give him and others like him an ample supply of ammunition.

by Anonymousreply 61June 7, 2021 3:00 PM

Clever boy. He's only half correct tho. And ironically enough this is the sort of polemic Orwell wrote against. Sneaky to use Orwell against Orwell and it's pretty, well, Orwellian.

Following through on his line of thought to its logical end would however betray his agenda - but Orwell would've approved. Hehe.

by Anonymousreply 62June 7, 2021 3:12 PM

"I'm a liberal democrat who lives in flyover Trumpland and all my swing voter friends are telling me that defund the police and trans issues are pushing them to vote for Repubs! I heard them say it in the diner I go to all the time! I am a real person and this is totally not made up."

by Anonymousreply 63June 7, 2021 3:12 PM

Fuck you flyover Democrats! We don’t want your votes.

Signed,

The gays who love, love, loooove the trans

by Anonymousreply 64June 7, 2021 3:20 PM

“And, I, who usually votes Democratic, also visit this diner. It’s so comfy with people sitting around a wood burning stove playing checkers and chewing on bits of hay while contemplating trade deficits and the plight of people of coloreds.”

by Anonymousreply 65June 7, 2021 3:21 PM

Actually R63

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66June 7, 2021 3:23 PM

George Orwell was hot.

by Anonymousreply 67June 7, 2021 3:24 PM

If the Equality Act becomes a state issue, which I hope it does, I will be voting NOOOOOOOO.

by Anonymousreply 68June 7, 2021 3:25 PM

Well I could make a very nice living selling Democratic panic. Democrats panic over every fucking thing. Maybe they'll lose in 2022. Maybe not. Maybe the massive voter suppression policies of the Rs will work and black people won't be able to vote. Maybe it won't work.

The thing is when Republicans get shellacked for their shitty policies, they just keep going. Dems listen to assholes on DL (or their non-housebound-by-their-weight-kindred) and try and be Republicans who are OK with abortion and queers.

by Anonymousreply 69June 7, 2021 3:26 PM

Is Sullivan on dl?

by Anonymousreply 70June 7, 2021 3:28 PM

[quote]Republicans who are OK with queers.

Excuse me...who?

by Anonymousreply 71June 7, 2021 3:31 PM

Hey dipshit at R43, assuming you are actually gay, you would know that the Republicans are still actively opposing gay rights and want to roll back any of the civil rights that have been achieved. Democrats have lots of room for improvement, but why would you support a party and its elected officials if they want you to be treated as a second class citizen in your own country?

by Anonymousreply 72June 7, 2021 3:33 PM

R43 You're right.

by Anonymousreply 73June 7, 2021 3:35 PM

[quote]want you to be treated as a second class citizen in your own country?

Isn’t that how the trans shit and all the other deranged treat gays and lesbians?

by Anonymousreply 74June 7, 2021 3:36 PM

Not R43

by Anonymousreply 75June 7, 2021 3:36 PM

Orwell was against racial discrimination so I don’t think that he’d be onboard with someone like Andrew Sullivan.

by Anonymousreply 76June 7, 2021 3:41 PM

Andrew who?

by Anonymousreply 77June 7, 2021 3:43 PM

Hey moron at R74 - the Republicans have actual elected legisltors, executives and judges who are actively engaged in undoing your rights. Why is this so hard to understand? Why would you support a party or its candidtes that does that?

by Anonymousreply 78June 7, 2021 3:55 PM

R72: Oh dear god, it's a foreign troll. That post has bizarre capitalization, no punctuation, and constantly refers to people "breath" the Party they suPport. And of course, the illiterate message is both sides are bad, it's classic foreign divisive trolling. Either Russian or Chinese. Punch and delete.

by Anonymousreply 79June 7, 2021 3:56 PM

I don’t support them R78. Who do you support the trans ideology?

by Anonymousreply 80June 7, 2021 3:57 PM

Who says I do? But what I don't get is people like you who say "I wasn't born a Democrat or Republican" - politics is about power. One party is actively working to undo your protections and rights, why would you support them?

by Anonymousreply 81June 7, 2021 3:59 PM

When did I say that? ^

by Anonymousreply 82June 7, 2021 4:01 PM

[quote] Sullivan once said something critical of Hillary, therefore he must be banished forever! No dissent is allowed from the progressive orthodoxy.

What the fuck are you talking about???

by Anonymousreply 83June 7, 2021 4:02 PM

[quote] Sullivan, like many other conservatives, is very good at picking apart the more inane utterings of woke activists and treating them as if they were the mainstream and not the outliers.

Corporations are politicians are listening to those outliers, thus they’re mainstream.

by Anonymousreply 84June 7, 2021 4:05 PM

Sullivan is now partners with that chick who screams about cancel culture - the one who tried to get professors fired for daring to say something negative about Israel. lol. That’s the thing about these anti-woksters- they’re hypocrites. Who do you think cancelled the Dixie Chicks and Kathy Griffin? Give me a break.

by Anonymousreply 85June 7, 2021 4:07 PM

YourMillennialCunt is the one bringing up Hillary in this thread.

I wonder why he is afraid to sign his posts today. He's ALL OVER DL today with many anti-gay and anti-Democratic posts.

by Anonymousreply 86June 7, 2021 4:11 PM

[quote]He's ALL OVER DL today with many anti-gay and anti-Democratic posts.

That your millennial person was probably born in 1982, right? He’s turning 40 soon, probably? That’s kinda old.

by Anonymousreply 87June 7, 2021 4:14 PM

But he's IN TUNE with what 21 year olds want, like that chick from Tennessee who moved into that broom closet in Manhattan!

by Anonymousreply 88June 7, 2021 4:16 PM

R86: That 50 year old breeder who lives in Manhattan, KS is still playing dressup around here? Christ.

by Anonymousreply 89June 7, 2021 4:29 PM

Milky Loads will always try to cement his nacreousness in the firmament of relevance.

He is destined for sequential failure.

by Anonymousreply 90June 7, 2021 4:32 PM

I am amazed that the Milky Loads trolls are still here after all of these years. They used to actually wish him dead from AIDs in DL postings. David Eherenstein used to post them under his own name. Having lost my lover to AIDs I was deeply offended by his postings and confronted him that he should never wish anyone to die from AIDs. Nothing could stop him, I assume he is posting i this thread again.

by Anonymousreply 91June 7, 2021 4:40 PM

R91: You want a cookie, bitch?

by Anonymousreply 92June 7, 2021 4:42 PM

where is the Sullivan story where he goes off ?

by Anonymousreply 93June 7, 2021 5:18 PM

Do we all know that Orwell was a committed Socialist? That just because he didn't like Stalin doesn't make him a right-wing libertarian? That there is actually more that 2 ways to think in this world?

by Anonymousreply 94June 7, 2021 5:47 PM

Andrew Sullivan is a horrible person with few gay followers in 2021. OP is a troll.

by Anonymousreply 95June 7, 2021 7:24 PM

[quote]He’s an interesting writer because he validates all of my existing prejudices. I agree with much of what he says in the essay because I am also a right-wing choad.

R22 corrected.

by Anonymousreply 96June 7, 2021 7:27 PM

I was disappointed when I did not see the FUCK OFF BORIS wall of text in lieu of disagreement with OPs link…

by Anonymousreply 97June 7, 2021 7:29 PM

As usual, Sullivan is a racist idiot. Orwell would despise him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98June 7, 2021 7:37 PM

Sullivan has never gotten over the whole Milky Loads incident. He hates liberal activists with a seething passion. He emailed me for a WHILE to try and convince me that the people who outed him were wrong and evil and he was fine and nice and perfectly blameless.

I'm sure it doesn't matter to him a bit whether liberal activists are for or against black liberation, or anything else. If they like it, he hates it and will use every last ounce of energy to attack it.

by Anonymousreply 99June 7, 2021 8:21 PM

[quote]"Repeat the words 'structural racism' and 'white supremacy' and 'cisheteropatriarchy' often enough, and people may even assume they mean something real."

True.

The terms are thrown around so often and nonsensically.

by Anonymousreply 100June 7, 2021 8:31 PM

He’s a shrill, whiny bitch who is losing audience share. He’ll do anything to appear relevant.

by Anonymousreply 101June 7, 2021 8:42 PM

I'm not giving credit or attention to anyone that supports white supremacy, it's too dangerous to give someone like Sullivan credit. People are not intelligent enough these days to separate things rationally, if Sullivan gets support, that legitimizes him and almost no one will make distinctions between one topic of commentary and another.

by Anonymousreply 102June 7, 2021 8:59 PM

He's an idiot who defends anti-gay Republicans and helps them get elected

Fuck off, Republicans

by Anonymousreply 103June 7, 2021 9:02 PM

The reason he thinks white supremacy is ok is because he jacks off thinking about getting raped by skinheads.

by Anonymousreply 104June 7, 2021 9:05 PM

r103, what he said ☝☝☝

by Anonymousreply 105June 7, 2021 9:08 PM

Why was he emailing you r99? I know you probably can't be too specific, but can you say if you are a journalist, activist? Something else, or just rando who emailed back and forth with Sullivan.

by Anonymousreply 106June 7, 2021 9:12 PM

I was just a person who read his blog for a while. He made a veiled reference to the Milky Loads unpleasantness and I emailed him. As I recall, I went out of my way to be as non-snarky as I knew how. Something like "I imagine it was painful for you to go through that, but you really did preach to the whole gay community a moral code that you were quite clearly not living up to yourself."

He got MAD. He must have gotten hundreds of emails a day, but he wrote back to me and he did it over and over and over and over. He would NOT let it go. It was *weird.

by Anonymousreply 107June 7, 2021 9:24 PM

The the "truth" is coming from the mouth of a bigot who's only using this "truth" for his own personal agenda then it's not really much of a truth.. is it, R8?

by Anonymousreply 108June 7, 2021 10:03 PM

Sullivan's cringeworthy and puerile story of finding out he was HIV+ (after taking how much cock bareback. Hello, Andrew! You're a fucking eejit), going to Provincetown (off season), wandering through the dunes, like some Chekov avatar, is plainly the work of a narcissist in training.

by Anonymousreply 109June 7, 2021 10:12 PM

The right winger trolls on here WW themselves a ton, so it's always obvious in threads like these who the trolls are.

by Anonymousreply 110June 7, 2021 10:23 PM

[quote] trolls

This Andrew Sullivan thread is just as angry and obsessed as all the other Andrew Sullivan threads.

I suspect there are only 5 people in it.

by Anonymousreply 111June 7, 2021 10:27 PM

Yawn. Wake me when Andrew Sullivan does anything *but* go off on wokeness.

He’s been doing this same schtick for at least 5 years.

by Anonymousreply 112June 7, 2021 10:30 PM

Almost everyone in this thread is very angry.

So very emotional.

by Anonymousreply 113June 7, 2021 10:39 PM

That makes sense r107, and thanks for the answer. And no r113, nobody's particularly angry at the latest Andrew Sullivan tory gay liberal but not really escapades.

by Anonymousreply 114June 7, 2021 10:45 PM

OP here. Not a troll.

I don’t agree with everything he says. But his point about the lack of room for dissension (let alone debate) on the left is spot on. Not to mention the absurd and knee-jerk “woke police” trying to control all public discourse in this country. We are entering a crazy zone with weekly, nonsensical firings and cancelings and lynchings of decent people who may have verbalized a single “incorrect” opinion. This can’t end well, my fellow americans.

I’m a lifelong progressive and increasingly turned off by the tenor and (lack of) substance of the identity politics left.

Oh, also. I’ve always thought Andrew Sullivan was hot. Loved him always on Bill Maher. Just sayin’

by Anonymousreply 115June 7, 2021 11:05 PM

After 40 years of Republicans moving the goal posts and now on fire to destroy the republic, NOW is not the time for bipartisanship. Identity politics does not exist. They are voting blocks.

by Anonymousreply 116June 7, 2021 11:07 PM

While shouts of Boris! and other such cultural revolution dunce cap antics may be popular online, the folks who vote in midterm elections will likely see things differently.

by Anonymousreply 117June 7, 2021 11:08 PM

Two majority Hispanic (and Democratic) Texas cities just voted in Republican mayors. Maybe POC aren't into the "woke"mantra as much as progressives expected.

by Anonymousreply 118June 7, 2021 11:11 PM

R115 That sounds like a sensible measured reply. Unlike all the angry dummy-spits here.

by Anonymousreply 119June 7, 2021 11:12 PM

Texans elect the first Republican mayor of McAllen, a majority Latino border city, in 24 years McAllen is 85% Hispanic

by Anonymousreply 120June 7, 2021 11:14 PM

R115: Oh shut up, you script reading bot. He's not hot, he's not smart, and he's not correct, "my fellow american" (no one talks or types like this).

by Anonymousreply 121June 7, 2021 11:14 PM

People of Color don't see themselves as the "victims" white liberals fantasize, but Americans who pay taxes for not much back.

by Anonymousreply 122June 7, 2021 11:16 PM

[quote] Oh shut up, you script reading bot. He's not hot, he's not smart, and he's not correct,

R121 You are insisting that everyone must think as you do? And you abuse them if they don't?

by Anonymousreply 123June 7, 2021 11:19 PM

The Democrats have chosen to become the party of rich white het male corporatists.

Everyone with a working brain sees the virtue signaling, the authoritarianism, the corporate fellatio for exactly what it is.

The Rs, despite all their problems and ongoing identity crisis, actually listen to and represent the interests of the majority of the people in this country.

Ask yourself why the Dems didn’t get off big business dick (Biden took over 8 billion from big pharma on the books last year) or reject the sex offenders in skirts as their cause du jour, at the expense of their entire female voting base.

You’re being brainwashed.

by Anonymousreply 124June 7, 2021 11:38 PM

Oh noes, r124 is using double plus kung fu jujitsu, and now I am forced to admit that Mitch McConnell is the real champion of the working class. Damn!!!

by Anonymousreply 125June 7, 2021 11:51 PM

[quote] He’s been doing this same schtick for at least 5 years.

Fair enough, but there are people in this thread who've never heard of him before.

Perhaps you should take a rest from your relentless 5 years of being a Social Justice Warrior protecting others whom you feel need protecting.

by Anonymousreply 126June 8, 2021 12:00 AM

R126 Troll.

by Anonymousreply 127June 8, 2021 12:06 AM

[quote] You are insisting that everyone must think as you do? And you abuse them if they don't?

Welcome to the MSNBC Bubble!

by Anonymousreply 128June 8, 2021 12:08 AM

Yes that identity crisis of the R's. "Should we be Nazis or Fascists?" What a dilemma!

by Anonymousreply 129June 8, 2021 12:13 AM

[quote] But his point about the lack of room for dissension (let alone debate) on the left is spot on.

Try being a voice of dissension against the anti-woke anti-trans crowd here and see how far that gets you with them.

by Anonymousreply 130June 8, 2021 12:18 AM

[quote]We are entering a crazy zone with weekly, nonsensical firings and cancelings and lynchings of decent people who may have verbalized a single “incorrect” opinion.

Not happening.

[quote]This can’t end well, my fellow americans.

Not convincing.

[quote]I’m a lifelong progressive and increasingly turned off by the tenor and (lack of) substance of the identity politics left.

Then vote Republican, since you seem to think they never criticize, boycott, or harass people for saying something they disagree with.

by Anonymousreply 131June 8, 2021 12:50 AM

Please direct me to a list of weekly nonsensical firing, canceling and lynchings of decent people who verbalized incorrect opinions.

You can't because it's not happening.

The hysteria and pearl-clutching of the reactionary right is a sight to see. The interesting thing is the way they have adopted black slang (that word "woke"!) and weaponized it as a way to sneer at the concerns of young liberal blacks.

by Anonymousreply 132June 8, 2021 1:11 AM

[quote] against the anti-woke anti-trans crowd

Are you talking about the Anti-anti-woke crowd?

And the Anti-anti-trans crowd?

by Anonymousreply 133June 8, 2021 1:16 AM

Do any of these "I'm as much of a Liberal Democrat as the next guy but anybody who opposes the GOP hates America!" trolls actually think people buy that shit?

by Anonymousreply 134June 8, 2021 1:38 AM

Don't be disingenuous, R134. You know perfectly well there's a tendency to lash out at any criticism of Dem policy.

by Anonymousreply 135June 8, 2021 1:55 AM

[quote] Reduced to being a wokescold. Fuck off, MilkyLoads.

This is the second time I’ve seen the term ‘wokescold’ misused on this site, to mean the exact opposite of what it actually means. Perhaps it’s the same person misusing it.

A wokescold is a WOKE PERSON who scolds other people for not being sufficiently WOKE. A wokescold is not an un-woke person who scolds woke people.

by Anonymousreply 136June 8, 2021 1:56 AM

R134, why do you think that every liberal Democrat has to go along with every “official” liberal position on every issue? Are you 100% left? I would never vote Republican, just because I think wokeness is getting out of hand.

I think it’s important to push back against untruths, no matter which side of the aisle they’re coming from. I think woke culture is wrong about a lot of things, especially the two central themes, BLM and trans rights. The facts surrounding those issues are distorted beyond belief by woke liberals. However, I support the Party’s environmental policies, their stance on equality of the sexes, abortion rights, keeping religion out of government, raising taxes to pay for social services, etc. etc. You’re a fucking simpleton if you think I’m really a GOP loon. It just means YOU can’t think for yourself.

by Anonymousreply 137June 8, 2021 2:01 AM

[quote] I would never vote Republican, just because I think wokeness is getting out of hand.

To be absolutely clear about this, I should have said “Even though I think wokeness is getting out of hand, I still would never vote Republican.”

by Anonymousreply 138June 8, 2021 2:03 AM

People are reclaiming it r136, I've seen it on Twitter too. The word fits better when it's used to describe the whiny scolds always complaining about the woke.

by Anonymousreply 139June 8, 2021 2:09 AM

135 again

Dems are, generally, awful at messaging. Rs take full advantage of that.

by Anonymousreply 140June 8, 2021 2:09 AM

BLM and trans rights are not solely the domain of the far left. Recent polls show support for BLM still at 50% to 55% of the population, while the far left are only about 8% of the population. Saying that you don't support BLM because it's a far leftist scheme meant to turn our world into lies is pure propaganda. You can claim you're just a concerned liberal but when you complain at length about wokeness and lie about who and what is woke, you won't be convincing.

by Anonymousreply 141June 8, 2021 2:12 AM

[quote] People are reclaiming it [R136], I've seen it on Twitter too. The word fits better when it's used to describe the whiny scolds always complaining about the woke.

Reclaiming it? What? Now you’re misusing the word ‘reclaiming’.

And no, it doesn’t work better to describe people who whine about woke people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142June 8, 2021 2:16 AM

R141, no one but no one thinks of BLM, trans rights, and wokeness in general as anything other than left of center issues. And I didn’t say “far left” — these are mainstream, center left things. “Far left” implies left of Bernie Sanders, revolutionary-style socialism & communism.

Anyway, I don’t care if you’re convinced or not. You’re just a nutjob, or an idiot. Putting you on ignore now.

by Anonymousreply 143June 8, 2021 2:19 AM

He has now signed up to play a Right-wing talking head thanks to that blog he’s invested in and hired by much like Piers Morgan and all the other political grifters. He’ll be publishing crap he doesn’t even believe in. He’s now posting political porn for conservatives. It’s a paycheck.

by Anonymousreply 144June 8, 2021 10:35 AM

[quote] but he wrote back to me and he did it over and over and over and over. He would NOT let it go. It was *weird.

What did he say?

by Anonymousreply 145June 8, 2021 10:35 AM

He’s now being paid to be the new Candice Owens. You won’t see him going after Republicans as that’s no longer star he’s paid to do. I wish he’d fly his prolapsed ass back to England.

by Anonymousreply 146June 8, 2021 10:36 AM

[quote] prolapsed ass

It seems you got to know him intimately, R145.

Did you talk with him during that time you became intimate with his English arse?

by Anonymousreply 147June 8, 2021 12:06 PM

I'm fascinated to hear what PRINCIPLED OBJECTIONS one has to BLM. Ones that are of course aligned with the worldview of a liberal democrat who just happens to draw the line at maybe cops don't get to murder black people with impunity.

by Anonymousreply 148June 8, 2021 12:11 PM

[quote]I'm fascinated to hear what PRINCIPLED OBJECTIONS one has to BLM.

No, you're not.

by Anonymousreply 149June 8, 2021 12:19 PM

That's how sarcasm works r149!

by Anonymousreply 150June 8, 2021 12:19 PM

Sarcasm is so iffy in the written word...

by Anonymousreply 151June 8, 2021 3:03 PM

[quote] Ones that are of course aligned with the worldview of a liberal democrat who just happens to draw the line at maybe cops don't get to murder black people with impunity.

They don’t get to do it with impunity. That’s one problem with the BLM thinking right there. Another problem—these murders-by-cop don’t happen as frequently as the average BLM supporter thinks they do.

by Anonymousreply 152June 8, 2021 8:30 PM

Ask Breanna Taylor's family about impunity.

And tell me, how many cop murders are OK with you? Please ballpark it for me.

by Anonymousreply 153June 8, 2021 8:53 PM

Ask Eric Garner's family about impunity. Or Tamir Rice.

But the funny thing is, if you look at a list of black people killed by cops, there's this huge spike in 2015-2018 and then it really tapers off. It's almost as if nationwide pressure on cops to not shoot black people indiscriminately is working.

by Anonymousreply 154June 8, 2021 8:57 PM

How many white people murdered by cops is okay with you? Are those murders not as bad, morally? What’s the discrepancy, expressed as a per capita percentage, between unarmed whites murdered by cops and unarmed blacks murdered by cops? Is it outrageously disproportionate? And are all those killer cops white?

Do you know many interactions with the police black people in this country have every year, and how many of them end up with a cop killing an unarmed black person? BLM, the media, and social media have convinced people it’s something like, 50% of all those encounters end with an unarmed black person getting murdered by the police.

That’s the lasting legacy of BLM. The actual statistics and facts got even more distorted after George Floyd’s murder—which happened, curiously, 2 years after 2018, the year you say murders of blacks people by cops dropped due to societal pressure.

Police aren’t perfect. Most of them are idiots and power-tripping bullies, and a lot of them are sociopaths. I’m not some boot licker here saying “Blue Lives Matter.” But they don’t go around killing black people unprovoked. If they did, then killings of people like George Floyd and Breonna Taylor wouldn’t be getting national attention. There’d be too many to remember. It’s easy to remember 6-8 of these murders from the last decade because there are SO FEW of them that were really egregious. There are killings of unarmed white people that are analogous that I’m guessing you’ve never heard of, because they weren’t racial and don’t fit the narrative.

Now, go ahead and dismiss all that with some pithy retort that ignores all of it. I don’t care. The facts are what they are.

by Anonymousreply 155June 8, 2021 9:37 PM

[quote]How many white people murdered by cops is okay with you?

I hope that when reparations are seriously discussed, that hunter's tags for white Evangelical racists are on the table.

There has to be equity for lynchings.

by Anonymousreply 156June 8, 2021 9:58 PM

LOL Yes, R155. Think of how many black people the cops DON'T kill!!!!

If you want to argue that black people don't bare a wildly disproportionate amount of police violence and interest, go ahead.

If you want to argue that a lilly-white state like Wisconsin has an almost all-black prison population because black people are just more criminal, go ahead.

But you seem to be thisclose to arguing that white people are the REAL victims here and no one cries for them because white people are discriminated against.

Which is...fucking nuts.

by Anonymousreply 157June 8, 2021 11:06 PM

[quote] But you seem to be thisclose to arguing that white people are the REAL victims here and no one cries for them because white people are discriminated against. Which is...fucking nuts.

Uh, no. Not at all what I was suggesting.

by Anonymousreply 158June 9, 2021 3:11 AM

[quote] LOL Yes, [R155]. Think of how many black people the cops DON'T kill!!!!

The vast, vast majority of police interactions with black people don’t end with an unarmed black person being murdered by the cops.

Your perception of things is like if some anti-vaxxer nutjob focused only on the tiny fraction of a percentage of full COVID vaccinations that allow a breakthrough infection to occur. “Sure, vaccines work 99.98% of the time, but let’s not worry about the 0.02% of instances where they don’t? Okay, LOL!” Police aren’t perfect; I generally loathe them for who they are as people and the way they conduct themselves professionally. They’re basically professional dickheads and get off on it. But they don’t just go around executing black people in the street for no reason. None of them wants to be the next Derrick Chauvin. But mistakes are made. The BLM movement ignores all of that and assumes, like you, that cops really are going around killing black people all the time, for no reason, with impunity… and that it doesn’t happen to white people (or not enough, or something?).

You asked what the white liberal reasoning is for not supporting BLM. That’s it. I’m sorry if you disagree with it, but that’s what it is. It doesn’t mean I’m secretly actually a Republican voter. If I were a Republican voter, I would just say so. This is an anonymous board, what the fuck would I care?

I wonder if you also believe that there’s an “epidemic” of black transwomen being killed for being trans…

by Anonymousreply 159June 9, 2021 3:23 AM

The BLM movement started because of the impunity. The guy who choked Eric Garner to death, on camera, Pantaleo, just lost a lawsuit to get his job back. He's not in jail. The officers who killed Breonna Taylor, the ones who initially filed a blank report on the situation, and then went to pro-cop media outlets and cried over how terribly they've been treated, are not in jail. One can go on.

True, it's not *every police officer in the US. I suppose that's....nice? But if you think for one second that black people don't walk around with the knowledge that a cop can kill them and make it look like an accident and walk away, you're fooling yourself.

by Anonymousreply 160June 9, 2021 10:53 AM

[quote] The guy who choked Eric Garner to death, on camera, Pantaleo, just lost a lawsuit to get his job back. He's not in jail. The officers who killed Breonna Taylor, the ones who initially filed a blank report on the situation, and then went to pro-cop media outlets and cried over how terribly they've been treated, are not in jail. One can go on.

Yes, do go on.

by Anonymousreply 161June 10, 2021 3:08 AM

[quote]True, it's not *every police officer in the US. I suppose that's....nice? But if you think for one second that black people don't walk around with the knowledge that a cop can kill them and make it look like an accident and walk away, you're fooling yourself.

Everyone with a brain is wary of this. It's why you don't fuck around and act like an asshole around cops.

by Anonymousreply 162June 10, 2021 7:47 AM

A very white and very rich and very libertarian lawyer named T. Greg Doucette keeps a running tally of the horrible police abuses that make it to local news. The conclusion seems to be is that police routinely lie to cover their ass, routinely abuse their power for fun and sport and only very occasionally get caught.

Ask that pregnant woman in Arkansas whose car got flipped over when she didn't pull over fast enough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163June 10, 2021 11:17 AM

He says the new labels have killed debate.

He says people under 35 are incapable of debate now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164June 10, 2021 11:29 AM

R162 thinks its great that cops in America have a rep for randomly killing people. That way the poors and the blacks know their place.

by Anonymousreply 165June 10, 2021 11:32 AM

You mean the man who wanted to "debate" whether black people were genetically inferior to white people (a stance he won't let go, by the way) is mad that no one will "debate" him??

Sorry, but a call for "debate" on a lot of subjects is just a tactic the Nazi right uses to inject their bile into the nation's bloodstream.

by Anonymousreply 166June 10, 2021 3:27 PM

I just realize that they're all assholes.

by Anonymousreply 167June 10, 2021 4:43 PM

I think there's a difference between "asshole" and "has state sanction to assault and murder anyone for any reason at any time."

by Anonymousreply 168June 10, 2021 5:46 PM

They do not have that, R168.

by Anonymousreply 169June 10, 2021 6:44 PM

Ask the lady whose car got overturned by a cop (who's still on the job!) about that one.

by Anonymousreply 170June 10, 2021 7:18 PM

[quote] the man who wanted to "debate" whether black people were genetically inferior to white people

Do you have link for that?

by Anonymousreply 171June 10, 2021 9:21 PM

Sullivan's defense of Charles Murray's shit book "The Bell Curve" has long dogged him. True to form, he keeps bringing it up and defending his advocacy for it and calls anyone who criticizes him on the subject names.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172June 11, 2021 12:03 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!