Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Drake Bell charged with multiple crimes after inappropriate chats with a teen

yikes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105July 16, 2021 10:55 AM

Is this dude James Charles’ Dad?

by Anonymousreply 1June 4, 2021 9:17 PM

Weren’t most of these kids molested? It makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 2June 4, 2021 9:18 PM

Bitch was 17 at the time. Big deal. That is legal age of consent in many places.

by Anonymousreply 3June 4, 2021 9:20 PM

R3 she was 14

by Anonymousreply 4June 4, 2021 9:21 PM

R3 WTH are you talking about? The alleged victim is 15. He’s a sick piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 5June 4, 2021 9:26 PM

Sounds like Hebephilia or Ephebophilia, before you idiots who disregard English start throwing around “Pedo”.

by Anonymousreply 6June 4, 2021 9:30 PM

Has Cody Linley commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 7June 4, 2021 9:30 PM

R3 enjoys sex chats with teens

by Anonymousreply 8June 4, 2021 9:32 PM

Told ya so!

by Anonymousreply 9June 4, 2021 9:33 PM

Sounds like she chased after him and her parents probably pushed her to do so, in hopes she would have some kind of career. Enter all of the triggered fraus who call him a “pedophile”.

by Anonymousreply 10June 4, 2021 9:34 PM

R8 isa fat frau who inspects her crotch fruit’s dolls looking for sexually inappropriate stuff to vent about on tiktok.

by Anonymousreply 11June 4, 2021 9:35 PM

I'm not surprised, both him and Josh always gave me weird vibes.

by Anonymousreply 12June 4, 2021 9:37 PM

Always thought he was hot in his twink days — but he aged like milk. He’s decently hung and cut, but his dick looks like it has more miles than a 4-owner BMW.

by Anonymousreply 13June 4, 2021 9:45 PM

He’s straight. Gross.

by Anonymousreply 14June 4, 2021 9:46 PM

Was Dan Schneider ever cancelled for what he did?

by Anonymousreply 15June 4, 2021 9:47 PM

R13, you've seen his dick? where?

by Anonymousreply 16June 4, 2021 9:47 PM

We’ve all seen his dick. Google it.

by Anonymousreply 17June 4, 2021 9:53 PM

R11 is a creepy pedo and a misogynist

by Anonymousreply 18June 4, 2021 9:55 PM

R17, never mind, I'll take your word for it.

by Anonymousreply 19June 4, 2021 10:02 PM

This is why I video chat with twink-adjacent deaf-mutes.

by Anonymousreply 20June 4, 2021 10:10 PM

Why are you guys so obsessed with this guy? His face looks like smacked ass that's started leaking goo from its implants. Now we find out he's into underage girls? Gross as hell!

by Anonymousreply 21June 4, 2021 10:19 PM

Well, he can get a job emceeing the Matt Gaetz Miss Teen USA pageant.

by Anonymousreply 22June 4, 2021 11:46 PM

[quote]Bitch was 17 at the time. Big deal. That is legal age of consent in many places.

Drake is in his 50s, it's sick.

by Anonymousreply 23June 4, 2021 11:47 PM

He's 34, r23.

by Anonymousreply 24June 4, 2021 11:51 PM

R23 I know you're probably kidding but he's 34. Still that doesn't excuse this. Most of these kids are fucked in the head though. Jodie Foster is the only one who made it OK.

by Anonymousreply 25June 4, 2021 11:52 PM

Kid actors^

by Anonymousreply 26June 4, 2021 11:52 PM

R25 damn it^

by Anonymousreply 27June 4, 2021 11:53 PM

2500 dollar bail......Clearly OHIO is lenient.....

by Anonymousreply 28June 4, 2021 11:53 PM

Meanwhile BRYAN SINGER is lounging by the pool despite countless accusers....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 4, 2021 11:55 PM

R29, that article is from 2019 and has been on here numerous times. Get some new material. You contribute nothing and don't belong here. Dumb hetero.

by Anonymousreply 30June 5, 2021 12:02 AM

R30 is there something wrong with you?

by Anonymousreply 31June 5, 2021 12:07 AM

R31, I'm in Seattle and watching a mass exodus in the streets right now. I need to get back to you.

by Anonymousreply 32June 5, 2021 12:11 AM

WHAT DID DAN SCHNEIDER DO TO THOSE KIDS????

by Anonymousreply 33June 5, 2021 12:18 AM

Heterosexuals are all perverts, you have to keep your kids away from them!!!

by Anonymousreply 34June 5, 2021 12:32 AM

R30 = Is that you Bryan Singer?....I found a NEWER article. I hope it meets your approval....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35June 5, 2021 12:53 AM

R35 The Federalist? You really are from Parler. Leave. You don't belong here.

by Anonymousreply 36June 5, 2021 12:56 AM

R36 = Mr Singer (if that's your real name)---does THIS one meet your approval---it's only months old?......I've got HUNDREDS to choose from...Do you want your articles by DATE of ACCUSERS or by YOUTHFUL AGE of ACCUSERS?....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 5, 2021 1:07 AM

" Jodie Foster is the only one who made it OK."

You keep tabs on every child actor ever?

by Anonymousreply 38June 5, 2021 1:09 AM

Hide yo kids, hide yo wife...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 5, 2021 1:29 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 5, 2021 1:53 AM

[quote] If you are reading USATODAY online----you might get a SUBPOENA......no joke....

No, R40. You sound so tabloid. That's not what the article said. AT ALL.

Now, apologize and clarify the specifics of the article regarding USATODAY online and the subpoenas.

by Anonymousreply 41June 5, 2021 2:06 AM

No way it was just "inappropriate chats."

by Anonymousreply 42June 5, 2021 2:07 AM

Ethan Wacker seems just fine. He just finished his first year at Vanderbilt and has given up acting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 5, 2021 2:12 AM

Now there'll never be a "Jake and Drosh" revival.

by Anonymousreply 44June 5, 2021 3:11 AM

How is he not being charged with rape and child molestation?

by Anonymousreply 45June 5, 2021 2:05 PM

R45 if they just chatted, how could he be?

by Anonymousreply 46June 5, 2021 5:30 PM

I wonder what he said. Or if it was the person who leaked his nudes in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 47June 5, 2021 6:00 PM

Girls just wanna have fun.

by Anonymousreply 48June 5, 2021 6:34 PM

Josh’s days are numbered. Company you keep, and all that. He used to hang out with David Dobrik too, which is a tainted brand to say the least.

Funny, I’d always assumed from their cacophonous pinging that they were both closet cases more into each other than women (or girls, in Drake’s case), but I guess they really are straight as they claimed after all.

by Anonymousreply 49June 5, 2021 8:46 PM

^^^^I mean...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50June 5, 2021 8:49 PM

Also, love that these clickbait articles all give Drake name as ‘Jared’, the legal first name he has never used. His team must have pushed for that to protect his image and distance himself from the crimes.

by Anonymousreply 51June 5, 2021 8:50 PM

From the sitcom, verbatim:

DRAKE: (scoffing) You think I don’t know about girls?

JOSH: (scolding) More than a young man should!

by Anonymousreply 52June 5, 2021 9:07 PM

“Inappropriate chats” are illegal? Just talking?

by Anonymousreply 53June 5, 2021 9:29 PM

R53 I mean...sexting a teenager? Possibly images exchanged?

by Anonymousreply 54June 5, 2021 9:30 PM

Jared Bell was charged, so that's who was reported.

by Anonymousreply 55June 5, 2021 9:34 PM

There's the implication that at least one image was sent, R54, and one article about this said that Bell had some sort of "relationship" with the girl for "several years." Who knows what that means? She may have been a fan he was grooming.

by Anonymousreply 56June 5, 2021 11:35 PM

One of his former (age-appropriate) girlfriends killed herself, and another later one accused him of throwing her around. He sounds like a mean nasty manlet.

Worth noting—Drake’s mother is an evangelical nut, his real father left the family and divorced his mother when Drake was a kid but still spent time with Drake as his acting manager/chaperone (father of the year...), and his big break came from Dan Schneider. Drake was also Amanda Bynes’ first boyfriend. Hell of a minefield backstory.

by Anonymousreply 57June 5, 2021 11:49 PM

R54, unless images were exchanged I see nothing illegal about talking dirty, even to a kid

by Anonymousreply 58June 6, 2021 1:05 AM

FYI = He looks like the creepy middle school teacher who wants the students to call him by his first name because he thinks it makes him "cool".......This is what happens when your career peaked at 16 and you realize it's all downhill now.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59June 6, 2021 2:16 AM

Ughh. I grew up watching all of these Dan Schneider shows (All That, The Amanda Show, Zoey 101, iCarly and Drake & Josh). Everyone from these shows ended up severely messed up. The cast of Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide all seem well-adjusted and likely because it wasn't one of "Get in the Van" Dan's projects.

by Anonymousreply 60June 6, 2021 2:23 AM

I thought the worst thing he'd ever done was participate in that reality show where they tried to teach d-listers how to dive.

The worst thing I ever did was watch it.

by Anonymousreply 61June 6, 2021 2:32 AM

I never thought Drake was all that looks-wise. He fit the 2000s pop punk twink look if you were into that. Josh, on the other hand, blossomed into a really stunning guy in the last few seasons of Drake & Josh. It became laughable they kept trying to make him the nerdy loser who was unlucky with women when he became significantly hotter than Drake.

by Anonymousreply 62June 6, 2021 2:48 AM

R60 the way Devon Werkheiser tells it, even at 12 years old he wasn’t all that impressed by Drake. Probably because Devon comes from a non-showbiz-obsessed, non-child-exploiting background.

Devon is cute, and quite emotionally wise for his age too. And he kind of pings. Is he family? Or is he just a Georgia peach?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63June 6, 2021 9:41 AM

This man looks like a slightly younger Jeffrey Epstein.

by Anonymousreply 64June 6, 2021 10:22 AM

I remember watching one of Devon's YouTube videos for the first time and I was blown away by how country he sounds. Nickelodeon really got him a good vocal coach to scrub that Georgia accent for Ned's Declassified. Same with Jamie Lynn Spears, she has a thicker accent than Britney but it wasn't detectable on Zoey 101.

by Anonymousreply 65June 6, 2021 7:28 PM

Sexting that was it? Can guarantee she had no problem when participating in it.

Most 15 year olds are fucking nowadays, people are hysteric.

by Anonymousreply 66June 6, 2021 7:35 PM

R58 That’s not something you should really admit to...

by Anonymousreply 67June 6, 2021 8:07 PM

R65 yes, I noticed that too! The difference is stark.

He sounds more naturally adorable and appealing with his warm soft native accent, but I understand that for a kids’ show they needed and wanted a neutral universally-understood Blank American.

Drake could really benefit from watching Devon’s series of life lesson lectures on YouTube, and applying them to his own life.

(Didn’t know this, but apparently Devon irl dated and fell for the girl who played his girlfriend Moze on NED’S? Crazy. I really did think he’s gay or at least bi/flexible, he’s giving me vibes...)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68June 6, 2021 8:27 PM

R66, if you were setting 15-year-olds I guarantee you'd be in jail.

You think celebrities should get a free pass?

by Anonymousreply 69June 6, 2021 9:05 PM

Drake Bell? Drake Nasty!

by Anonymousreply 70June 6, 2021 9:09 PM

Has Josh commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 71June 6, 2021 9:10 PM

R71 right now Josh has problems of her own, honey...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72June 6, 2021 9:22 PM

Oh dear 😬

by Anonymousreply 73June 6, 2021 9:28 PM

Wow, I totally feel Josh’s pain. It’s hard to maintain a respectable rep as an adult when your name is forever linked to the drugged out messes who used to act opposite you on a kids’ sitcom.

And I too get the trauma of having dated a Cancerian man. All they do is whine, bitch, cry, make passive-aggressive and unreasonable demands, and wear jeans in womens’ sizes for some reason I never figured out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74June 6, 2021 10:25 PM

Knowing this makes it hard to watch the old sitcom, now. Then the late-teenaged Drake was making out with hundreds of girls across seasons, with the implication that he was fucking most of them too. Even by mid-late 2000s standards of kids’ tv, it’s kind of sleazy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75June 7, 2021 2:44 PM

Drake Bell hasn’t been in any big movies since the mid 2010s. At least Josh has been able to scrapple his career into a functional social media following. They both come off as kinda rapey to me these days. I don’t think my kids will miss out not watching 20 year old ‘Drake and Josh’ reruns. Show aged like milk afaik.

by Anonymousreply 76June 7, 2021 2:49 PM

R75 All of Schneider's shows had weirdly sexual elements. Logan from Zoey 101 was also implied to be a man-whore simular to Drake. iCarly had jokes about humping squirrels, pointy boobs and Build-A-Bra workshop. Victorious and Zoey 101 had some blatant objectification of the female cast which is creepier now due to the Dan Schneider's allegations.

by Anonymousreply 77June 8, 2021 11:53 AM

Schneider definitely got lucky with All That, Kenan & Kel and The Amanda Show. Likely due to more talent and Nickelodeon having closer eye on him. He got too much freedom in the 2000s and ended up recycling the same jokes and mean-spirited characters with his sitcoms. Basically the Chuck Lorre and Seth McFarlane of Nickelodeon. The 90s Nick shows aged better like Pete & Pete, Rugrats, Are You Afraid of the Dark? and Clarissa because they didn't insult the viewers intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 78June 8, 2021 12:04 PM

Straight men as so dumb. Well, men in general are but particularly in this context. I mean...I'd be asking for a driver's license before going any further.

by Anonymousreply 79June 8, 2021 1:03 PM

Drake's music isn't bad. I kind of feel bad for child and teen stars. No matter how hard they try, they always end up associated with the roles they take when they're young. Especially so if they starred in a movie or TV show for a younger audience. Elijah Wood and Scarlett Johansson are exceptions because they did plenty of adult oriented films as kids and teens.

by Anonymousreply 80June 8, 2021 2:02 PM

[quote] Drake Bell hasn’t been in any big movies since the late 1990s.

R76 fixed it for you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81June 8, 2021 2:21 PM

R80 it isn’t really a fair comparison to draw with Elijah Wood, who is an unusually natural talent and has been since he started, plus well-trained in both stage and screen by American standards. Yes, both he and Drake booked big movies and shows before they were twelve years old, but Elijah played leading roles and carried those projects where Drake had bit parts and supporting roles. Elijah’s roles were also more serious, deep and meaty dramatic roles compared to Drake’s generally-light comedic work.

Most young actors don’t get the chances either of them had, of course. They have to get their SAG more like the backup Nickelodeon or Disney/MMC kids do; just thrown in front of an audience and a few cameras with no prep/training and told to do their best and sparkle, Neely, sparkle!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82June 8, 2021 2:29 PM

Who is this person?

by Anonymousreply 83June 8, 2021 2:33 PM

R83 The star of several childrens' shows on Nickelodeon like All That, The Amanda Show, Drake and Josh, etc.

by Anonymousreply 84June 8, 2021 2:47 PM

R84 not to pick nits, but Drake wasn’t on ALL THAT, and nor was Josh Peck. They were both too young at the time, and still unknowns. It was just Amanda Bynes who appeared, and iirc only for one or two seasons toward the end.

Drake was hired for THE AMANDA SHOW (Amanda’s ALL THAT spinoff) from the beginning, with Josh joining later on in the third season. The pair notably did not get on well at first meeting (slightly before THE AMANDA SHOW, playing on opposing teams for an episode of DOUBLE DARE 2000) or when first put together to work, but after a rocky few months acting together they suddenly clicked and grew very close—near inseparable. Funny how these things happen.

by Anonymousreply 85June 8, 2021 3:06 PM

Drake needs help from Dr. Phyllis!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86June 8, 2021 3:07 PM

[quote] unless images were exchanged I see nothing illegal about talking dirty, even to a kid

Dirty talk with a minor as an adult is illegal, hon. There are texting laws.

by Anonymousreply 87June 8, 2021 3:13 PM

Drake looks nothing like John Cusack lol. Brad Renfro did however

by Anonymousreply 88June 8, 2021 4:36 PM

R88 true. For some insane reason, the people of the mid-late 90s convinced themselves that Drake was the young doppelgänger to John.

Drake even played Cusack’s actual son in a low-key cult revisionist Western, THE JACK BULL (1999). Given the topic of the thread I’d love to say something shitty about that, but in actual fact it’s an underrated movie and Drake (then aged around 12, probably his peak as an actor) was excellent in his role. Miranda Otto & John Goodman also star and are fantastic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89June 8, 2021 6:49 PM

REMINDER: Drake idolises Walt Disney, hanging out at Orlando all the time and even decorating his previous house like a Disneyana museum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90June 8, 2021 7:53 PM

R90 Hmmm.... sounds like a bad case of arrested development which also explains his attraction to young teenage girls. Drake get help, don't end up like Michael Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 91June 8, 2021 7:56 PM

*Michael Caine voice* “She was only fifteen years old!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92June 11, 2021 10:02 AM

[quote] [R54], unless images were exchanged I see nothing illegal about talking dirty, even to a kid

Who cares what you “see as illegal”? What counts is what the law actually says.

by Anonymousreply 93June 11, 2021 10:36 AM

Drake posted bail, and said on social media that he’s basically going to ground in Mexico.

Pathetic. At least man up and face charges.

by Anonymousreply 94June 11, 2021 12:39 PM

Drake Bell has the weirdest looking penis I’ve seen. It definitely isn’t bell-shaped.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95June 22, 2021 1:59 PM

You must not have seen many penises, R95.

by Anonymousreply 96June 22, 2021 2:03 PM

R96 I’ve seen thousands.

by Anonymousreply 97June 22, 2021 8:39 PM

Must be hard for Josh to come to terms with it, assuming he didn’t already know.

After all, Drake was his childhood best friend, his creative partner of over a decade, and seemingly even his lover for a short intoxicated while. That long and intimate personal history they’ve shared doesn’t just dissolve or cease to exist because one of them is cancelled.

Wonder whether and how their relationship proceeds from here? Josh has an infant son and a wife as well as a young following on social media, so really he hasn’t much choice but to cut Drake off permanently—or at least, ostensibly and semi-permanently, until time/culture marches on enough for us to forget.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98June 23, 2021 8:01 AM

^MARY!

by Anonymousreply 99June 23, 2021 6:24 PM

Sweetie, Drake wasn't even invited to Josh's wedding

by Anonymousreply 100June 23, 2021 6:25 PM

He (Josh) would never date Drake. I don’t see that at all.

by Anonymousreply 101July 16, 2021 2:46 AM

We’re they ever really that close privately or just like co-workers?

by Anonymousreply 102July 16, 2021 2:50 AM

*Were

by Anonymousreply 103July 16, 2021 2:50 AM

He looks,like a pervert trying to look younger than what he is so he can molest. He looks like he is 50s?

by Anonymousreply 104July 16, 2021 4:02 AM

[quote] After all, Drake was his childhood best friend, his creative partner of over a decade, and seemingly even his lover for a short intoxicated while. That long and intimate personal history they’ve shared doesn’t just dissolve or cease to exist because one of them is cancelled.

Do you know how to not troll? So stealth.

by Anonymousreply 105July 16, 2021 10:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!