Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Breaking Facebook suspends Trump for 2 years

Breaking

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76June 9, 2021 11:19 PM

Only 2 years? Motherfuckers. How about a lifetime ban? He could be back on social media before 2024.

by Anonymousreply 1June 4, 2021 4:49 PM

Linky Stinky

Fixed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 4, 2021 4:52 PM

Facebook and Zuckerberg are such weak pathetic losers. Zuckerberg doesn't care about the country, it's just money, money, money. I'm glad Twitter had the balls to give Orange a lifetime ban. I'm glad I'm no longer using Facebook. Wish I could also get rid of Instagram and Whatsapp. FB is evil.

by Anonymousreply 3June 4, 2021 4:57 PM

[quote]How about a lifetime ban?

It's been reported that two years is as much as they can do, for whatever reason. I would imagine they can renew it if they want to.

by Anonymousreply 4June 4, 2021 4:59 PM

The ban will deal a serious blow to his fundraising efforts, and it lasts until well after the 2022 midterms.

by Anonymousreply 5June 4, 2021 5:03 PM

The vote to suspend was rigged!

by Anonymousreply 6June 4, 2021 5:05 PM

Lindzebelle protests this decision.

by Anonymousreply 7June 4, 2021 5:08 PM

Two years is a good start. I hope the rage this makes him feel causes him to blow a socket in that fat, slimy head of his.

by Anonymousreply 8June 4, 2021 5:17 PM

Was Twitter a lifetime ban?

by Anonymousreply 9June 4, 2021 5:20 PM

^Yes, once you're suspended, it's forever. Jake doesn't pussyfoot like the lizard people at Facebook.

by Anonymousreply 10June 4, 2021 6:12 PM

Yeah, Twitter was a lifetime ban.

He will be yesterday's news by the time he's permitted on FB again.

Hopefully his cultists will be pushing up daisies by then as well.

by Anonymousreply 11June 4, 2021 6:36 PM

Hurry up and die, Donnie!

by Anonymousreply 12June 4, 2021 6:40 PM

[Quote]Trump on Facebook's ban til 2023: "Facebook’s ruling is an insult to the record-setting 75M people, plus many others, who voted for us in the 2020 Rigged Presidential Election. They shouldn’t be allowed to get away with this censoring and silencing, and ultimately, we will win."

75 million people is still second place, you pathetic loser. I love that he can't get over the fact that he lost the presidential election although he had a record Republican turnout. Lol.

Also "75 million people, plus many others" WTH does that mean?

by Anonymousreply 13June 4, 2021 6:44 PM

[Quote]Psaki: We learned a lot from the former President over the last couple of years about his behavior and how he uses these platforms. Feels pretty unlikely that the zebra is going change it’s stripes over the next two years.

Psaki has no fucks to give.

by Anonymousreply 14June 4, 2021 6:47 PM

And Congress continues to look the other way.

by Anonymousreply 15June 4, 2021 6:53 PM

R3 "Wish I could also get rid of Instagram and Whatsapp. FB is evil." Who's stopping you?

by Anonymousreply 16June 4, 2021 6:57 PM

I wonder if he thought it was a cinch he was getting back on to FB, then Zuck surprised him?

And now Zuck is in danger of the Russiapublicans revealing how together they made FB a right wing propaganda machine.

by Anonymousreply 17June 4, 2021 7:07 PM

I didn’t even know he was on FB. Was it a personal profile? Or are they just banned from ads and money grifting?

by Anonymousreply 18June 4, 2021 7:14 PM

In related news, I've wanted Nick Clegg inside me, deeply, for the last decade or so.

by Anonymousreply 19June 4, 2021 7:21 PM

No, R19. Just no.

by Anonymousreply 20June 4, 2021 7:23 PM

[quote]Breaking Facebook

From your mouth to God's ears.

by Anonymousreply 21June 4, 2021 7:23 PM

They're hoping to run out the clock on him. We can only hope that he will die within the next two years.

by Anonymousreply 22June 4, 2021 7:40 PM

New Trump statement:

"Next time I'm in the White House (lol) there will be no more dinners, at his request, with Mark Zuckerberg and his wife. It will be all business."

I see he's taking the news well and he's still living in his own reality. I'm sure Zuck is terrified of former guy.

by Anonymousreply 23June 4, 2021 7:46 PM

[quote] Feels pretty unlikely that the zebra is going change it’s stripes

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 24June 4, 2021 7:47 PM

I think every site that’s banned Trump is going to let him back on.

by Anonymousreply 25June 4, 2021 8:25 PM

The First Amendment really has caused more damage than the Second.

by Anonymousreply 26June 4, 2021 8:27 PM

ABOUT FUCKING TIME

INCITING RIOTS AND FAKE NEWS ARE NOT PROTECTED BY THE FIRST AMENDMENT.

by Anonymousreply 27June 4, 2021 8:35 PM

I think Facebook is torturing the premise of incitement, and I think they know it. That’s why they’re doing this two year suspension crap.

Trump didn’t explicitly say to go and overthrow the government to make sure they didn’t certify Biden. He didn’t say go shoot anybody or kill anybody or burn something down.

Even if he did, people have agency and can make their own choices. It’s funny...Trump couldn’t convince enough people to vote for him but he can make otherwise unmotivated people stage a coup. Yeah, right.

It’s not social media’s job to call balls and strikes on political rhetoric. And even if you want to play the whole “well they’re a private company” card, well, for one these companies have taken billions of dollars in research money from the government, but also, people see the blatant hypocrisy. How many people have been banned from FB or Twitter for spreading propaganda or false stories about Trump? And I don’t mean the “fake news” slogan, I mean demonstrably false stories that even the NYT and WaPo have had to issue retractions on? Has there been a purging of these stories on social media or is it okay?

by Anonymousreply 28June 4, 2021 8:41 PM

[quote]but he can make otherwise unmotivated people stage a coup. Yeah, right.

The people at the Capitol on 1/6 were hardly "unmotivated". There still are and will continue to be multitudes willing to do his bidding.

by Anonymousreply 29June 4, 2021 9:33 PM

You know what lasts a lifetime? A bullet.

by Anonymousreply 30June 4, 2021 9:36 PM

If this was Hillary, she would already have been indicted for the 5 murders & the 2 suicides and would be facing Life Imprisonment.

by Anonymousreply 31June 4, 2021 10:09 PM

There was only one murder not 5.

by Anonymousreply 32June 4, 2021 10:12 PM

Beg to differ, [R32]. There were at least 4 other deaths that were a direct result of or hastened by the fun & games on the 6th. And that's not even counting the death of democracy as we knew it....

by Anonymousreply 33June 4, 2021 10:21 PM

Only their ineptitude kept the destruction and body count so low. Had they had a halfwit with a cattle prod behind them, shouting them in the right direction, they would have done more damage and killed more people as were the hopes and plans. As it was, with them being less intelligent than cattle and no halfwit with a prod, there were only a few.

This time. THIS TIME there were only a few.

by Anonymousreply 34June 4, 2021 10:27 PM

Should have been for life…..

by Anonymousreply 35June 4, 2021 10:36 PM

In practice, it is r35.

It's like when people get outrageously long sentences ... like "743 years." It's not a lifetime sentence ... theoretically.

In Trump's case, it's the came logic, in reverse.

by Anonymousreply 36June 4, 2021 10:42 PM

^^^ same logic

by Anonymousreply 37June 4, 2021 10:42 PM

I doubt Twitter and Facebook will be around in 2 years.

by Anonymousreply 38June 4, 2021 11:05 PM

Every time I read shit like that I have to remind myself that Dump is not a healthy young man but a fat 75yo slob. 2 years is a lifetime for this Orange fart. He could already be dead in 2 years and he's almost 80 in 2024. Thankfully, time is working against him.

by Anonymousreply 39June 4, 2021 11:15 PM

R38 Why the hell wouldn't Twitter and Facebook be around in 2 years?

by Anonymousreply 40June 5, 2021 5:24 AM

I thought he was already banned?

by Anonymousreply 41June 5, 2021 5:26 AM

HA HA 👉

by Anonymousreply 42June 5, 2021 5:31 AM

Clegg is aging nicely. He reminds me of Hugh Grant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 5, 2021 5:34 AM

[quote]Psaki: We learned a lot from the former President over the last couple of years about his behavior and how he uses these platforms. Feels pretty unlikely that the zebra is going change it’s stripes over the next two years.

Love that she said zebra instead of the usual tiger. Wouldn't want to give Trump a stiff nubbin over being called a tiger.

by Anonymousreply 44June 5, 2021 5:36 AM

I wish I could get suspended by Facebook.

Then I wouldn't have to be pestered by complete nobodies squirming up to me day and night pretending to be my friend.

by Anonymousreply 45June 5, 2021 5:42 AM

[quote] Trump didn’t explicitly say to go and overthrow the government to make sure they didn’t certify Biden.

Yeah, he kinda did. He said, among other things (he talked forever) “If you don't fight like hell you're not going to have a country anymore.” He said this to a huge crowd whom HE KNEW were there to attack the Capital Building (well some of them). Just look at how the crowd were equipped, in tac gear. And they were seeing this on social media and showing the tac gear and Trump was seeing it.

In context, yes, he did elicit the attack. You don’t have to say the words “go storm the Capital Building” to have called for it.

by Anonymousreply 46June 5, 2021 5:44 AM

[quote]Breaking Facebook suspends Trump for 2 years

Well, if he didn’t want to be suspended, he shouldn’t have broken Facebook!

by Anonymousreply 47June 5, 2021 5:48 AM

R45, why don't you just get off Facebook? Delete your account and be done with it.

by Anonymousreply 48June 5, 2021 7:32 AM

What is toddler hamburger going to do about it?

by Anonymousreply 49June 5, 2021 7:33 AM

[quote] "Breaking Facebook"

If only.

by Anonymousreply 50June 5, 2021 7:50 AM

R46 He also said “ I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard”. I think it’s clear any “call to action” language he used was said euphemistically.

It’s a little silly to have to explain to adults that politicians sometimes use fight/war/battle/action analogies to get their point across. One could be forgiven for not understanding the full context of his statements if they weren’t fully available. And also, there’s the fact that we sat back and watched American cities literally burn and get vandalized last Summer and it was explained away because “people were mad” over George Floyd. So to see some of these same people become exquisitely sensitive about word choice is silly and painfully disingenuous.

by Anonymousreply 51June 5, 2021 10:53 AM

The Trump defender is a new account by Defacto.

Use Ignore-dar, and you will see.

Alerting Muriel now!

by Anonymousreply 52June 5, 2021 12:26 PM

R28/R51, even Mitch McConnell and some other Republicans admitted after the 2nd Impeachment Trial that Trump provoked the January 6 attack on the Capitol.

by Anonymousreply 53June 5, 2021 12:35 PM

R52 It’s defending Trump to accurately quote him in context? Okay girl...

by Anonymousreply 54June 5, 2021 12:36 PM

Thanks for confirming you are the red-tagged Defacto, you diseased Trump-licker.

by Anonymousreply 55June 5, 2021 12:39 PM

R53 So what? They wanted Trump to quietly go away. Establishment Republicans didn’t care about Trump’s grievance because the party did well down ballot. So if they made headway in 2020 but don’t have to deal with the tumultuous Trump as President, they’re fine with that. In reality Trump lead the GOP to gains and then they dropped him when he needed them to go to bar for him.

by Anonymousreply 56June 5, 2021 12:41 PM

R56 what do you think about trans people?

by Anonymousreply 57June 5, 2021 12:46 PM

R55 What the fuck are you talking about? I swear TDS is a real thing.

R57 Shut up.

by Anonymousreply 58June 5, 2021 12:50 PM

R56 / Defacto voted for Trump - TWICE!

Why do you give a fuck what he thinks?

by Anonymousreply 59June 5, 2021 12:52 PM

Just in time for the 2024 election. He’s still on Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 60June 5, 2021 12:53 PM

R51, maybe you can explain why Trump sat on his ass for four and half fucking hours while the Senate called him repeatedly to tell him things were going out of control?

Just sort of slipped his mind?

Busy binge-watching Stranger Things?

Fucking his hatchet-faced daughter?

by Anonymousreply 61June 5, 2021 4:01 PM

[quote] R45, why don't you just get off Facebook? Delete your account and be done with it.

That wouldn’t give him the delusion that he’s hot and popular then, would it?

by Anonymousreply 62June 5, 2021 6:10 PM

[quote] In reality Trump lead the GOP to gains

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 63June 5, 2021 6:10 PM

R61 “No, Mr. President, we’re not paying attention to any voting irregularities or statistical anomalies that might suggest the election was stolen. We’re going to certify these votes even if certain states unilaterally changed the law at the last second to allow more absentee ballots, because we don’t want to seem like we’re taking your side too much...

Also: HEEEEEEEEELP!”

🤷🏻‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 64June 5, 2021 10:15 PM

^^^ = Trump Trash.

by Anonymousreply 65June 7, 2021 11:05 AM

R65 ^^^ = Just trash

by Anonymousreply 66June 9, 2021 12:00 PM

R66, you do understand that being "just trash" is still better than "Trump trash", right? Being a pile of pulsating excreted zombie shit is still better than being "Trump trash". We should just list things that are better than being "Trump trash". Someone start a thread!

by Anonymousreply 67June 9, 2021 12:42 PM

The media still talks about him, albeit not as much now, but once he gets into speeches like in NC and appearances...they will give him oxygen again.

by Anonymousreply 68June 9, 2021 1:22 PM

R67 Trash is trash, sweet cheeks. I haven’t met one Trump supporter who is as sycophantic as the typical leftist Democrat voter.

by Anonymousreply 69June 9, 2021 1:53 PM

I'm sure they're counting on him either being in full senile dementia, in jail, or dead by the time the 2 years is up. This way his supporters won't have less of a reason to go batshit crazy as they'll think "he'll be back in 2 years".

by Anonymousreply 70June 9, 2021 1:56 PM

Tell me something, R69. When you eat Trump's shit, do you wait for him to crimp it off into a pretty parfait glass or just drink it, hot and steaming, as it gushes from his hole?

by Anonymousreply 71June 9, 2021 3:28 PM

Dumpy keeps threatening and ridiculing Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg and his wife in his "statements". Maybe this is a great strategy when you're the most powerful man in the world, but the dumbass doesn't seem to realize that he's just a powerless loser right now with no social media to amplify his threats or a governmental apparatus behind them. Facebook is substantially cutting his fundraising abilities and can continue to do so in the future if the Orange turd wants to run for office again

by Anonymousreply 72June 9, 2021 4:54 PM

Look in a mirror, R69.

by Anonymousreply 73June 9, 2021 6:53 PM

He just can’t help cutting his nose off to spite his face, r72.

by Anonymousreply 74June 9, 2021 6:58 PM

His looney cult followers will start threatening to kill Facebook workers and their families next, trash people that they are.

by Anonymousreply 75June 9, 2021 7:07 PM

Gay people have been censored by Facebook.

by Anonymousreply 76June 9, 2021 11:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!