Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

John Boyega departs film mid-production! “Family reasons” cited

Who didn’t see this railcar coming off the track?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93July 11, 2021 6:23 AM

DL faves Don Johnson, James Cromwell and James Badge Dale also stor.

by Anonymousreply 1June 3, 2021 6:34 PM

Would they dare replace him with Rege Jean Page?

by Anonymousreply 2June 3, 2021 6:36 PM

Wow, wonder why...

by Anonymousreply 3June 3, 2021 6:39 PM

What films have replaced the lead mid-production? All I can think of is Back to the Future.

by Anonymousreply 4June 3, 2021 6:39 PM

John B̶o̶y̶a̶r̶d̶e̶e̶ B̶o̶d̶e̶g̶a̶ Boyega is so annoying. Give his roles to actually talented/actually hot actors like Gabriel Darku or Regé-Jean Page.

by Anonymousreply 5June 3, 2021 6:43 PM

Didn't an Irish actor depart a Scorsese movie several years ago?

by Anonymousreply 6June 3, 2021 6:43 PM

He’s a pain in the ass and has fucked up his career.

by Anonymousreply 7June 3, 2021 6:43 PM

I think BTTF was within days, wasn’t it? Don’t think it was mid-production.

Did Julianne Moore depart Can You Ever Forgive Me after the cameras started rolling? Or was that pre-production?

by Anonymousreply 8June 3, 2021 6:44 PM

There goes his Emmy nomination. Not that he deserved it.

by Anonymousreply 9June 3, 2021 6:45 PM

If the character is required to finish himself off a lot then Rege-Jean Page would be perfect.

by Anonymousreply 10June 3, 2021 6:46 PM

No they had shot quite a bit of BTTF with Stoltz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 3, 2021 6:49 PM

Five weeks according to this site

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 3, 2021 6:51 PM

This was posted to DeuxMoi yesterday...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 3, 2021 6:53 PM

DeuxMoi is 99% worthless but when they are good they are GOOOOOD

by Anonymousreply 14June 3, 2021 7:00 PM

Did Lynder Carter shoot the Collen Camp part in APOCALYPSE NOW?

by Anonymousreply 15June 3, 2021 7:04 PM

R14 True. It's funny seeing comments on ONTD, who usually jump on any gossip, now insisting this (the DM post) must be fake and sent in by racist Star Wars fans, just ignoring the fact it was posted 19 hours ago, and yet the news of him leaving only broke in the last hour or so.

by Anonymousreply 16June 3, 2021 7:06 PM

he bores me

by Anonymousreply 17June 3, 2021 7:07 PM

Don't actors have contracts? How does one break a contract like this? Can't they sue him? If they shot a MONTH and he just didn't like the script he should never work again

by Anonymousreply 18June 3, 2021 7:09 PM

I'm always fascinated by who you all hate. What did this guy do?

by Anonymousreply 19June 3, 2021 7:10 PM

[Quote] his is way too specific and on the nose for the usual Duexmoi piece, lmao. Sounds like a dramatized version of the fluff piece the spokesperson gave. Probably in the middle: Boyega isn't happy with the script and it's known. He doesn't bounce until it looks like he has a chance to do a polite back out. It happens all the time so I don't know why this submitter is acting like this is a diva thing lmao.

JFC, there are some fucking morons posting on ONTD.

by Anonymousreply 20June 3, 2021 7:10 PM

what was on Deux Moi? can't open it up

Boyega's ugly as shit and can't act. Nobody'll miss him.

by Anonymousreply 21June 3, 2021 7:10 PM

R18 this renders him unemployable because he can’t get insured now. But a rich costar may pay for his insurance like Mel Gibson and Jodie Foster famously did with Robert Downey Jr.

by Anonymousreply 22June 3, 2021 7:12 PM

The Deuxmoi piece can also be read here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 3, 2021 7:13 PM

In the ONTD comments, someone claims that some of Boyega's contract terms were contravened. He may have been able to walk because of that. Still, his "victory" may be his Waterloo.

by Anonymousreply 24June 3, 2021 7:15 PM

“Difficult to work with”.

by Anonymousreply 25June 3, 2021 7:15 PM

If the script needed changing, one would think they'd have done something about it in the long period between when it was originally supposed to shoot and when it actually did shoot.

by Anonymousreply 26June 3, 2021 7:16 PM

For some reason, I can't see the deuxmoi image. What is it?

by Anonymousreply 27June 3, 2021 7:17 PM

R24 It's hilarious how the same people at ONTD who dismissed the DM post are immediately taking a post from a random Redditor as absolute proof!

by Anonymousreply 28June 3, 2021 7:19 PM

[Quote] For some reason, I can't see the deuxmoi image. What is it?

Actor threw tantrum about script changes and walked off set, never to return.

by Anonymousreply 29June 3, 2021 7:20 PM

Isn't he gay?

by Anonymousreply 30June 3, 2021 7:21 PM

No. He's seeing a Love & Hip Hop castmember.

by Anonymousreply 31June 3, 2021 7:23 PM

Someone else on Reddit predicted this 11 days ago

[quote]His Netflix movie is about to get shut down (or him replaced) due to his partying and assholery.

From the same person:

[quote]He was living down the street from me at the time. Major douche and he trashed the gorgeous house he was living in. Like putting cigarettes out on the walls and stuff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 3, 2021 7:25 PM

[Quote] due to his partying

Interesting. I knew when his dating life was getting attention on LSA that something was up.

by Anonymousreply 33June 3, 2021 7:26 PM

Is this really him?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 3, 2021 7:29 PM

He definitely has charm and charisma, but I’ve never liked him. It always seemed like an egotistical diva was just below the surface. He definitely has a high opinion of himself.

And he’s not even cute.

by Anonymousreply 35June 3, 2021 7:36 PM

Isn't his training from that acting school that has a "spiritual advisor." Letitia Wright went there as well and she's... off.

by Anonymousreply 36June 3, 2021 7:38 PM

[quote]Who didn’t see this railcar coming off the track?

If it's truly a family issue, good on him for attending to it. This more to life than work. I would suspect it is fairly serious to leave a production.

by Anonymousreply 37June 3, 2021 7:42 PM

He definitely seems like a diva with an overinflated opinion of himself.

by Anonymousreply 38June 3, 2021 7:44 PM

R37, do you really think that all the other people in production don’t ever have family issues? You still have to get the work done.

This is the kind of thing that ruins careers. And he’s still a young man.

by Anonymousreply 39June 3, 2021 7:46 PM

What are his "family reasons?" Does he have kids?

Is he known to be on drugs?

by Anonymousreply 40June 3, 2021 7:49 PM

I wonder how long it will be before he accuses someone of racist treatment

by Anonymousreply 41June 3, 2021 9:49 PM

He is still pissed that he did not become a Harrison Ford level star with these shitty Star Wars movies.

by Anonymousreply 42June 3, 2021 9:52 PM

Maybe he's pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 43June 6, 2021 11:46 PM

Isn't this dude always complaining about something?

He's no Idris Elba. Zero sex appeal. He's lucky he gets hired for anything. There are much more talented and better looking Black actors than this man.

by Anonymousreply 44June 6, 2021 11:52 PM

[quote]No. He's seeing a Love & Hip Hop castmember.

Who r31? I actually think he should transition into reality TV. He clearly was made for it, loves drama and always pulling stunts

by Anonymousreply 45June 6, 2021 11:59 PM

I eat old people’s excrement.

by Anonymousreply 46June 7, 2021 12:23 AM

[quote]Zero sex appeal.

Agree to disagree.

by Anonymousreply 47June 7, 2021 12:45 PM

True r14, they started out making stuff up that sounded good, and guessed right enough of the time that now they actually do get some insider info every so often.

ONTD tends toward young kids who don't understand the basics of gossip yet. They alternate between being confused over simple concepts to being easy to trick with well-polished lies. I haven't been there in ages but when I did go I thought that they were ripe for a big prank along the lines of that Himmmm stunt a few year ago.

by Anonymousreply 48June 7, 2021 12:53 PM

"Don't actors have contracts? How does one break a contract like this?"

If he left because he didn't like something, and not because he or the person he loves most in the world was diagnosed with cancer or something, then he's just tanked his Hollywood career. Not just because top actors get paid those big bucks to make crap scripts seem better than they are, and to tell the public that the resulting shit is worth spending money on, but yeah - because he's probably just walked out on a contract. People who don't honor contracts don't get offered more contracts!

I hope he's okay with that, he's made it clear he hates Hollywood, so hopefully he'll be happy working in Britain, where acting is considered a respectable profession. IF he can behave himself enough to become one of those actors who keeps working until their 90, because anyone who wants a long career in the small world of Brit actors needs to honor contracts.

by Anonymousreply 49June 7, 2021 4:32 PM

Everyone knows that there are plenty of roles for black actors in Britain!

by Anonymousreply 50June 7, 2021 4:36 PM

He’s too brutish to be a leading man.

by Anonymousreply 51June 7, 2021 4:41 PM

[quote] I'm always fascinated by who you all hate. What did this guy do?

He speaks out against white supremacist racism. Datalounge is of course populated by some of the nastiest white supremacist morons you will ever encounter.

by Anonymousreply 52June 7, 2021 4:44 PM

This will effect both his personal career and the future of his Nigerian-English production company. He is obviously a very angry man who flies off the handle any chance he gets. He is mean and self-centered, so he deserves losing his career.

by Anonymousreply 53June 7, 2021 4:47 PM

[quote]Everyone knows that there are plenty of roles for black actors in Britain!

Well in America its practically a prerequisite for a black actors to be from Britain. If you are African American you have to be a sex god like Michael B Jordan to get any work.

by Anonymousreply 54June 7, 2021 4:50 PM

Sex god?!

by Anonymousreply 55June 7, 2021 4:50 PM

[quote] John Boyega departs film mid-production! “Family reasons” cited Wow, wonder why...

[quote] John Boyega departs film mid-production! “Family reasons” cited Isn't he gay?

[quote] John Boyega departs film mid-production! “Family reasons” cited This will effect both his personal career and the future of his Nigerian-English production company. He is obviously a very angry man who flies off the handle any chance he gets. He is mean and self-centered, so he deserves losing his career.

You’re obviously a troll.

by Anonymousreply 56June 7, 2021 4:50 PM

[quote] He’s too brutish to be a leading man.

You do know that we can all read your post history, including your right wing political commentary.

by Anonymousreply 57June 7, 2021 4:56 PM

What has he really done of significance except Star Wars? He needs a reality check. He's not that talented or all that.

by Anonymousreply 58June 7, 2021 4:58 PM

In his defense the Star Wars movies he did were kinda shit. All this said I'd let him take out his anger on me in bedroom!

by Anonymousreply 59June 7, 2021 5:07 PM

It's too bad that Christopher Plummer can no longer replace him.

by Anonymousreply 60June 7, 2021 5:52 PM

^ But Leslie Jones can.

by Anonymousreply 61June 7, 2021 6:13 PM

Can Leslie fit into a man’s costume?

by Anonymousreply 62June 7, 2021 6:42 PM

So who’s the bigger asshole?

Boyega or Oyelowo

You’d think each would be paying attention to how the public reacts to the other’s antics.

by Anonymousreply 63June 7, 2021 6:59 PM

I think he told Disney that he would only return to make another Star Wars movie if they met his script and character conditions and recognized the racism at Disney. He really thought they would bow to his demands. He is finished with Star Wars and Disney.

by Anonymousreply 64June 7, 2021 7:45 PM

Uhoh...

by Anonymousreply 65June 24, 2021 12:44 AM

When he isn't hired to do another film, he will go to the press and scream," Racism."

by Anonymousreply 66June 24, 2021 12:53 AM

[quote] if they met his script and character conditions and recognized the racism at Disney.

Mickey is black in whiteface. What does he want them to do.

by Anonymousreply 67June 24, 2021 1:12 AM

There goes that Emmy he was thought to be winning.

by Anonymousreply 68June 24, 2021 6:06 AM

someone started a new thread with this THR article

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69June 24, 2021 11:07 AM

He has unverified his Twitter account and deleted several months worths of Tweets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70June 24, 2021 11:12 AM

According to woke Twitter, John is being silenced!

If John Boyega ate a baby, they would tweet, “John, thank you for eating truth to power.”

by Anonymousreply 71June 24, 2021 11:14 AM

ROFL

“White devils did this!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72June 24, 2021 12:02 PM

I see a remake of Trog in his future.

by Anonymousreply 73June 24, 2021 12:36 PM

He walked out on a project that he was producing???????

Unless he turns up with a cancer diagnosis or something equally dire, he's fucked himself out of a career twice over. Nobody will hire him after walking out on his own $25mil project.

by Anonymousreply 74June 24, 2021 4:28 PM

[quote]He’s too brutish to be a leading man.

I don't know about him being "brutish". He's very 'meh'. IMHO, he's not sexy at all, he doesn't seem charismatic or that he'd be able to carry a film. Seems like he'd be categorized as a character actor, not a leading man.

Again, he's no Idris Elba. John's charisma factor is at zero.

by Anonymousreply 75June 24, 2021 5:41 PM

Yeah, he was cast as the "everyman" character in the Star Wars film, which brought up the question of whether an everman character belongs in the Star Wars universe.

I'm sure he could be great in the right role, but yeah. He doesn't have much charisma, sex appeal, or natural authority, so Hollywood just isn't going to see him as leading man material.

by Anonymousreply 76June 24, 2021 5:49 PM

[quote]Industry insiders say Netflix would not sue, though it would appear that an actor could face liability for leaving a project of his own volition while shooting was underway.

Remember when Kim Basinger dropped out of Boxing Helena BEFORE filming began and was successfully sued for millions of dollars?

by Anonymousreply 77June 24, 2021 6:02 PM

[quote]Unless he turns up with a cancer diagnosis or something equally dire, he's fucked himself out of a career twice over. Nobody will hire him after walking out on his own $25mil project.

I don't know; the Netflix people seemed to be taking a very hands off approach to the whole matter. Even anonymous quotes are pretty gentle.

by Anonymousreply 78June 24, 2021 10:38 PM

Even if they don't sue, that doesn't mean they won't fuck him over behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 79June 25, 2021 1:02 AM

It's incredibly unprofessional to just walk away. It looks like Netflix went out of its way to accommodate John in order to work with him, but he just has some huge chip on his shoulder and sees everything as a personal insult.

Even if Netflix pulled the usual Hollywood scam (promise him the moon before he signed on the dotted line and push him down a coal mine after he signed) he should've grit his teeth and at least finish the project and be as disillusioned as every other Hollywood worker bee.

by Anonymousreply 80June 25, 2021 6:55 AM

Some people don’t understand how to take advantage of the opportunity given them and throw it away. He will be forgotten. Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 81June 25, 2021 6:59 PM

Boyega's ugly so the DL doesn't care.

by Anonymousreply 82June 25, 2021 7:59 PM

R77, I remember that case. Basinger got the judgment reversed on appeal, but still paid the studio about $4 million to smooth over any hurt feelings (and stay employable).

by Anonymousreply 83June 25, 2021 8:07 PM

r78 because he is black

by Anonymousreply 84June 25, 2021 8:34 PM

He's a major Drama Queen who has only been hired because of his minority status. His acting skills are shit and he appears to be difficult. He is NOT as asset in any film that he is in. He did them all a favor by quitting.

by Anonymousreply 85June 25, 2021 9:11 PM

R78, they have to because of emboldened junkyard people like the Twitterer quoted at R72. But trust and believe, they will not pursue a partnership with him going forward.

by Anonymousreply 86July 10, 2021 10:30 AM

[quote] I actually think he should transition

Ohnoyoudiuhnt, R45. I am the only strong trans woman of color in this town and I am NOT putting up with any competition.

by Anonymousreply 87July 10, 2021 10:46 AM

Who???

by Anonymousreply 88July 10, 2021 10:52 AM

Whinging cunt. More trouble than talent. He's a dumbass always biting the hand that feeds him.

Say goodbye to your career, John. Don't think anyone's going to miss you.

by Anonymousreply 89July 10, 2021 10:54 AM

Can he take Oyelowo with him? He's another overrated, talentless, ugly cunt who is constantly complaining.

by Anonymousreply 90July 10, 2021 10:56 AM

Oyelowo is too lecturing. I saw him scolding the Academy for rewarding Sidney Poitier the Oscar for Lillies of the Field and not In the Heat of the Night. He said something like they were afraid to reward him when he played a defiant character and went for the more pleasant one.

His whole theory was wrong since Lillies of the Field came out like 4 years before Heat of the Night. He didn't get nominated for In the Heat of the Night because he had 3 big films that year and he split his own vote.

by Anonymousreply 91July 11, 2021 4:06 AM

He is an asshole. And an uggo.

by Anonymousreply 92July 11, 2021 4:08 AM

[quote]Can Leslie fit into a man’s costume?

She has a man's body and a man's face.

by Anonymousreply 93July 11, 2021 6:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!