Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Eric Adams, Andrew Yang Get Nasty During NYC Mayoral Debate

The New York City Democratic debate Wednesday night got particularly heated between mayoral candidates Eric Adams and Andrew Yang.

Adams called out Yang on a number of fronts, including not speaking out sooner on gun violence and “not vot[ing] in municipal elections at all.”

So he asked, “How the hell do we have you become our mayor with this record like this? how will you govern a diverse city like this?”

Yang defended his own record, pointing in part to his involvement in the Georgia races that determined the balance of the U.S. Senate, before hitting back at Adams by saying, “Three out of four shootings in Brooklyn are going unsolved right now. You’re the Brooklyn borough president. The problems have been getting worse around you while you’ve been running for mayor and raising money from your friends in real estate.”

Adams responded by saying Yang hasn’t been “on the ground” and only recently “started discovering” important issues.

He even asked, “So why should we trust you now? You may flee again during a difficult time. I never fled the city, I protected this city.”

Yang retorted by bringing up how Adams has “been investigated for corruption everywhere you’ve gone,” and asked, “Is that really what we want in the next mayor? You think you’re going to enter city hall and it’s going to be different? We all know it’s going to be exactly the same, that’s why so many people on this stage don’t want you to be mayor.”

“I guess they want you to be mayor?” Adams asked with a laugh. “What am I missing here?”

Scott Stringer jumped in to say, “I think you’re both right. You both shouldn’t be mayor.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154June 24, 2021 10:25 AM

Yang: Adams is pay to play, in bed with the real estate developers, and will basically be a third term of DeBlasio.

Adams: Yang is a joke who doesn’t know shit about the city or being a mayor.

by Anonymousreply 1June 3, 2021 3:20 AM

Yang knows how to hire experts and delegate.

Adams… I like that he’s vegan, but that’s about all I like about him. He’s just too corrupt and more of the same.

by Anonymousreply 2June 3, 2021 3:23 AM

The media are all about Adams because they hate Yang.

Told you the media decide this.

by Anonymousreply 3June 3, 2021 3:25 AM

^All the candidates hate Yang too.

by Anonymousreply 4June 3, 2021 3:26 AM

The NYC establishment —media and machine intoxicants —hate Yang. They decide who wins, too.

by Anonymousreply 5June 3, 2021 3:41 AM

Yang sort of answers like an automaton in his delivery.

by Anonymousreply 6June 3, 2021 3:43 AM

It’s the same thing on the national level. The system is rigged and the establishment protects its own.

by Anonymousreply 7June 3, 2021 3:44 AM

If the media went Wiley, it’s going to be a Wiley.

by Anonymousreply 8June 3, 2021 3:44 AM

Yang NYC Mayor!

by Anonymousreply 9June 3, 2021 3:52 AM

I can’t believe after toxic work environment allegations Morales is still in this. She has 0% chance of winning anyway.

by Anonymousreply 10June 3, 2021 3:53 AM

Millionaire daddy has to fund poor Shaun Donovan’s campaign. All Donovan has is vote for me I worked for Barack and Joe.

by Anonymousreply 11June 3, 2021 3:54 AM

Stringer is butt ugly.

by Anonymousreply 12June 3, 2021 3:57 AM

We’ve got endorsements up the yin-yang for anybody but Yang.

by Anonymousreply 13June 3, 2021 5:19 AM

R1 first offense is worse than the second offense. Even if it were true in the worst case scenario, he can (and would) hire experts to advise on the things he’s so called “clueless” about. But corrupt will always be corrupt.

by Anonymousreply 14June 3, 2021 6:41 AM

[quote]The media are all about Adams because they hate Yang. Told you the media decide this.

I haven't watched local media in years and I fucking loathe Yang.

by Anonymousreply 15June 3, 2021 6:43 AM

"Andrew Yang (born January 13, 1975) is an American businessman, politician, and author. Originally a lawyer..."

Yang is not a politician. He's never held office. He's an entertainer/entrepeneur.

by Anonymousreply 16June 3, 2021 7:00 AM

I would think that New Yorkers would prefer a candidate who is openly corrupt over a candidate who hasn't had the experience being corrupt yet.

by Anonymousreply 17June 3, 2021 9:58 AM

You idiots who complain about MEDIA CONSPIRACY are so dumb.

First - there basically is no local media in NYC. No one has the attention of New Yorkers now in the ways they used to - not the Times, the Post, not any of the local stations.

Second - if the media really wanted to elect someone like them, a person of their own kind, then they'd all get behind Donovan. He's almost precisely what members of the media are like - well-meaning white dudes with a good education and a lot of money. Except he's losing. Badly.

Third - NY voting laws have, until very recently, been among the worst in the nation. They are essentially an incumbent's protection racket. This means turnout is abysmally low except the most committed. They tend to be older, richer and supportive of the status quo. They want law and order and tourism and high property values. It is them - the real estate interests and outer borough landlords, who choose who the mayor is. And they're split between Yang and Adams.

Why is the DL complaining about this though? Half the time, the DL is predicting NYC will catch on fire and slide into the sea thanks to crime and out-of-control SJWS!!! Now, when the mayoral race is between a cop and a billionaire, you all are bitching about the media.

Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 18June 3, 2021 10:43 AM

Worst thing you can call someone is "another DeBlasio" -- even people who normally support progressive Dems loathe him.

Stringer would have been a good mayor, but he's got all the charisma of a day old bagel.

by Anonymousreply 19June 3, 2021 10:53 AM

Yang is not a billionaire. Not even close.

by Anonymousreply 20June 3, 2021 10:53 AM

Sorry to disappoint but DeBlasio's approval ratings aren't *that bad and he cruised to re-election. I know everyone on the DL has agreed he's both a do-nothing dilettante AND he's a Cop-hating Stalin with Lady MacBeth as a wife, but it just ain't so.

by Anonymousreply 21June 3, 2021 11:00 AM

[quote]He's never held office.

Yang wants to be the first East Asian President of the US. He's gotta start somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 22June 3, 2021 11:10 AM

Not just DL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 3, 2021 11:13 AM

They both suck. I don't live in the city anymore but if I did I would rank something like Garcia, Stringer, Wiley, Yang for my top four. I would not rank Adams at all

by Anonymousreply 24June 3, 2021 11:27 AM

So for us non-New Yorkers, did they present hole or not?

by Anonymousreply 25June 3, 2021 11:37 AM

I didn't see the debate but I'm leaning toward Garcia. She has the most experience and she probably won't be caught in a sex scandal. It's a thankless job.

by Anonymousreply 26June 3, 2021 12:39 PM

There's rank choice voting. Who's leading?

by Anonymousreply 27June 3, 2021 12:50 PM

According to a poll released yesterday, 21% of voters said Garcia is their first choice followed by Adams, Yang, Wiley, and Undecided. Stringer is on the bubble for the fifth spot.

by Anonymousreply 28June 3, 2021 1:05 PM

Yang is the personification of Cliff Notes and he’s so fake when he talks about the Knicks. I was hoping to hear more from Garcia especially on the heels of the Times endorsement but she’s not a fighter in debates. She was really passive and unfortunately let Wiley dominate the forum.

by Anonymousreply 29June 3, 2021 1:07 PM

I’m for Kathryn Garcia.

by Anonymousreply 30June 3, 2021 1:11 PM

I watched the debate last night and Stinger is still in the race. He’s definitely trying to take votes away from the front runner.

by Anonymousreply 31June 3, 2021 1:13 PM

*Stringer

by Anonymousreply 32June 3, 2021 1:13 PM

That's why I don't watch debates. Nothing of worth there. I'm voting Yang cause he has a nice ass.

Same reason I voted for that Castro guy in the primaries. Best ass of the lot.

by Anonymousreply 33June 3, 2021 2:02 PM

Yang does have a nice ass and I actually think he’s kind of cute. Not wildly handsome but attractive. If he lost some weight, he’d probably be even better looking.

by Anonymousreply 34June 3, 2021 2:40 PM

Yang is a phony. He grew up very privileged , never having to want or struggle for anything in life. He can pretend all he wants, but he is no "everyman" and can not in any way relate to them. He may be well educated, but he's out of touch with the needs of the people. Enough with these wealthy people who think they can run things just because they have a lot of money. We've seen how they only know how to run things into the ground. Don't be bamboozled by this guy.

by Anonymousreply 35June 3, 2021 2:42 PM

[quote] but he's out of touch with the needs of the people

When he wins, Yang will be inundated with advisors and community leaders who will not be coy about telling him exactly what "the people" need.

by Anonymousreply 36June 3, 2021 2:45 PM

[quote]So for us non-New Yorkers, did they present hole or not?

Yang presents as an A-hole, that's for sure.

The dumbasses pushing for him are mostly non-NY voters.

by Anonymousreply 37June 3, 2021 2:47 PM

The Knicks comment was just douche.

by Anonymousreply 38June 3, 2021 2:50 PM

I’m not a NYer so my opinion is moot, but I would never vote for a person who just months earlier fled my city during a time of crisis. Either you want to lead or you don’t, and retreat during difficult times doesn’t scream lead to me.

by Anonymousreply 39June 3, 2021 2:54 PM

I'm surprised that shithead Jack Dorsey didn't try to run since he's another TOURIST who thinks he can just run here.

BTW, for any dummy who points to BdB not having been born here, he didn't immediately run as mayor. He at least started at the borough-level before stupidly thinking he could just run the city. And Bloomberg has been a part of NY a lot longer and didn't run until he was much older than Yang.

Yang can go fuck himself. He has no business running.

by Anonymousreply 40June 3, 2021 3:00 PM

R39 you're absolutely right but Ted Cruz pulled the same stunt and Texas trumpers still love him. Most voters aren't logical. They go off vibes

by Anonymousreply 41June 3, 2021 3:09 PM

We're not TX Trumpers, R41 and as a NYer, I see that most of the people who endlessly push for Yang are not even in NY. Let him run in their cities. NYers see through him and his reaction to that cartoon was a mark against him because it was the reaction of a Non-NYer...a tourist. Tons of Asians are NYers, Yang is a tourist.

by Anonymousreply 42June 3, 2021 3:16 PM

DeBlandio was laughing at all of them in his press conference this morning. These candidates achieved the impossible: they made him look good.

by Anonymousreply 43June 3, 2021 3:26 PM

We all know DeBlasio is making calls on behalf of Adams. Vote Garcia and reject both Yang AND Adams. Adams will just be another DeBlasio term and he'll cave to the radical left on everything.

by Anonymousreply 44June 3, 2021 3:47 PM

Yang it is then!

by Anonymousreply 45June 3, 2021 3:54 PM

I love how pro-Yang people admit he's sort of a dum-dum and a neophyte and a dilettante, but hey! He can surround himself with smart people!

Why not just elect a smart person and cut out the middle man?

by Anonymousreply 46June 3, 2021 8:00 PM

Isn’t it Adams for sure at this point?

People are so triggered by Yang here, but he’s already ovah.

by Anonymousreply 47June 3, 2021 8:12 PM

Adams is my least favorite candidate. I'd rather have Yang, and Yang is my next to least favorite.

by Anonymousreply 48June 3, 2021 8:15 PM

Adams clearly won the debate and Yang was the obvious loser. Adams definitely has it in the bag right now but don’t count out Stringer. He actually did better than expected in the debate. Garcia needs to take a look at Wiley and get more TV savvy in debates. I do find it hilarious that they both worked for DeBlasio and even they don’t want his endorsement.

by Anonymousreply 49June 3, 2021 8:28 PM

Yeah I thought it was hilarious that the mayor of a town the size of Jackson Heights was considered a major presidential candidate but the actual Mayor of the biggest city in the US was thought of as a joke in the same race.

by Anonymousreply 50June 3, 2021 8:39 PM

Stringers campaign commercials are awful.

by Anonymousreply 51June 3, 2021 8:50 PM

"Why not just elect a smart person and cut out the middle man?"

Are there any?

by Anonymousreply 52June 3, 2021 8:55 PM

R51: His kids fell asleep on the train it was so cringeworthy and fake.

by Anonymousreply 53June 3, 2021 8:59 PM

Adams did well by not yelling over everyone. Garcia is ok but not great. She’s more a functionary than a leader.

by Anonymousreply 54June 4, 2021 12:10 PM

[quote] "How will you govern a diverse city like this?"

Boy, talk about a dog whistle to your base.

by Anonymousreply 55June 4, 2021 12:19 PM

R54: With Adams, less is more.

by Anonymousreply 56June 4, 2021 12:27 PM

R53, bus.

The worst commercial is with that precocious Eurasian kid.

by Anonymousreply 57June 4, 2021 3:29 PM

Stinger is only in to hurt Kathryn Garcia. The irony of that. A man with sexual harassment claims from women who’s only intent is to take votes away from a woman with very good chances.

by Anonymousreply 58June 4, 2021 3:55 PM

[quote] who’s only intent is to take votes away

Oh, DEAR!

by Anonymousreply 59June 4, 2021 7:58 PM

*whose

Fuck off, unfunny douche.

by Anonymousreply 60June 4, 2021 8:05 PM

I'm joking when I say I'm voting for Yang's cute ass. I'm worried he has no real positions or experience. I got my absentee ballot today bitches and am marking it for Adams. Yang is second cause at least he's not a DeBlasio clone. That's it, I'm not voting any others.

by Anonymousreply 61June 4, 2021 8:53 PM

R61 you should put Garcia in as 3. Keep Wiley out! We don't want her Defund the police/let undocumented people vote BS in NYC

by Anonymousreply 62June 4, 2021 10:14 PM

He’s just trolling, R62.

by Anonymousreply 63June 4, 2021 10:17 PM

Rank up to five candidates. Don't just pick one or two people. Even if your first choice doesn't make it, your second choice could carry on and have weight alongside other ballots.

by Anonymousreply 64June 4, 2021 10:22 PM

The media is always the one who decides the winner. That's why Christine Quinn cruised to victory after the Times endorsed her in 2013.

by Anonymousreply 65June 4, 2021 11:02 PM

[quote] That's why Christine Quinn cruised to victory after the Times endorsed her in 2013.

Are New Yorker's still influenced by the Times? I thought they were considered to have shot their wad.

by Anonymousreply 66June 4, 2021 11:20 PM

R65: Um I hate to break it to you but she lost the primary and New Yorkers foolishly elected an incompetent hack (who destroyed this once great city and erased 20 years of progress under Bloomberg and Giuliani) not once but twice. Ultimately, I think what did Quinn in was her Bloomberg ties and how she used her Speaker of the City Council position to get Bloomberg a third term. Also, there had been rumors about her temper and her perennial frontrunner status turned her into an arrogant twat.

by Anonymousreply 67June 4, 2021 11:22 PM

[quote]Are New Yorker's still influenced by the Times?

Yes, just the one NYer.

No one else gives a shit what that neocon rag thinks anymore. They have a few good reporters; the rest are shit.

by Anonymousreply 68June 4, 2021 11:26 PM

[quote] Are New Yorker's still influenced by the Times?

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 69June 4, 2021 11:35 PM

Quinn had everything going for her: her mayoralty would be historic, she had a record to run on, endorsed by all the major papers and unions, etc. She got Bloomberg his third term and stop and frisk increased under the third term.

by Anonymousreply 70June 5, 2021 1:22 AM

Quinn was a corrupt hack.

by Anonymousreply 71June 5, 2021 10:22 AM

"Quinn was a corrupt hack."

How is she different from any other New York official?

by Anonymousreply 72June 5, 2021 11:11 AM

[quote] "Quinn was a corrupt hack." How is she different from any other New York official?

She doesn't have an Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 73June 5, 2021 11:15 AM

Andrew Yang’s attempt to troll Bill de Blasio backfired Thursday, when the City Hall contender was chased away from the mayor’s gym in Park Slope by left-wing protesters before he could even speak.

About 10 protesters hoisting signs that read “Hedge Fund Mayor,” “Yang = More Cops” and “Don’t Rank Yang” ambushed the entrepreneur outside the Park Slope Y before a planned press event, leading the candidate to abandon the presser about three minutes after arriving and duck into a nearby subway station.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74June 5, 2021 12:03 PM

New York needs more extreme left-wingers.

by Anonymousreply 75June 5, 2021 12:14 PM

Yes, moar!

by Anonymousreply 76June 5, 2021 12:20 PM

Now a second woman is accusing Stringer of sexual assault but he’s gotta a D next to his name so he has nothing to worry about. Cuomo has 10+ accusers with photo and video footage and he’s still in office.

by Anonymousreply 77June 5, 2021 12:41 PM

Sure, R77. If only an "R" were there, THEN they'd really go after him.

Are you a moron?

by Anonymousreply 78June 5, 2021 4:18 PM

No, no, he’s right.

We “Rs” can’t get away with anything!

by Anonymousreply 79June 5, 2021 4:47 PM

[quote] About 10 protesters hoisting signs that read “Hedge Fund Mayor,” “Yang = More Cops” and “Don’t Rank Yang” ambushed the entrepreneur outside the Park Slope Y

Why, why, that’s racist!!

by Anonymousreply 80June 5, 2021 4:47 PM

Exactly, R80.

by Anonymousreply 81June 5, 2021 4:49 PM

More cops Yang is a winning slogan. Stupid protestors don’t get that. Yang should have stood his ground and owned it.

by Anonymousreply 82June 5, 2021 5:22 PM

R35-,Bloomberg was worth $25 billion when he was mayor. Did that bother you?

by Anonymousreply 83June 5, 2021 5:30 PM

Bloomberg was a great mayor.

by Anonymousreply 84June 5, 2021 5:31 PM

R68- It's the OPPOSITE of what you think. Their name should be - The New WOKE Times.

by Anonymousreply 85June 5, 2021 5:31 PM

R80 no not racist, just stupid as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 86June 5, 2021 5:32 PM

Yang always comes off looking good when people attack him. Water off a duck's back.

by Anonymousreply 87June 5, 2021 5:35 PM

It's still not clear to me. Who is in the lead?

by Anonymousreply 88June 5, 2021 5:39 PM

Bless your heart, r86.

by Anonymousreply 89June 5, 2021 5:43 PM

R88: This race changes constantly and it's still too close to call. The media mob is hyping the shit out of Wiley. They really want her to win but right now she's at best in fourth place. She was so over the top at the debate. Stringer's sexual harassment allegations and lack of personality have pretty much killed his candidacy but don't count him. He did better than expected at the debate. Garcia is the way to go here. She's against defund the police and at the same time is liberal without being woke but she was quiet as a church mouse in the debate. She really needed the move the needle forward.

Right now the lead is between Adams and Yang with Adams having the edge. Yang has NO business running for mayor and is a total phony. Adams' candidacy checks a lot of boxes. His mayoralty would tick the identity politics box so the woke crowd will be satisfied. Also, he was a cop for twenty years so he'll take a tougher stance on crime and will be more supportive of cops. The only concern with Adams is the possibility that he'll essentially be a third DeBlasio term but Adams did well in the debate and didn't go over the top like Wiley. With Adams, less is more.

by Anonymousreply 90June 5, 2021 6:08 PM

I had no idea that Eric Adams was investigated for corruption everywhere he went

by Anonymousreply 91June 5, 2021 6:14 PM

R91: He’s been cleared but yeah we all know he’s in bed with real estate developers and donors just like DeBlasio.

by Anonymousreply 92June 5, 2021 6:15 PM

[quote] [Wiley] was so over the top at the debate.

God, she sure was.

by Anonymousreply 93June 5, 2021 6:15 PM

R90- I too would like to see Garcia. She comes across as non woke and pragmatic and competent. Wang seems like a lightweight and Adams seems a bit provincial and has a chip on his shoulder.

Wiley's seems to emphasize the fact that she's Afro Latina as if that's a qualification for running the most important city in the world.

by Anonymousreply 94June 5, 2021 6:16 PM

R82, he has no business running. Period. God, and I can't even imagine dealing with that insufferable wife.

by Anonymousreply 95June 5, 2021 6:30 PM

[quote]She comes across as non woke and pragmatic and competent.

Me too. She’s my number one.

by Anonymousreply 96June 5, 2021 6:56 PM

AOC is backing Maya Wiley.

by Anonymousreply 97June 5, 2021 7:00 PM

R97 is correct.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98June 5, 2021 7:06 PM

What a shocker! Wiley is Deblasio 2.0 and a protegee of Deblasio's hasbian grifter wife who "lost" $1 billion in city money.

Garcia #!

by Anonymousreply 99June 5, 2021 8:01 PM

Sandy Cortez from Westchester telling Wiley to get rid of prisons when she's mayor.

by Anonymousreply 100June 5, 2021 8:18 PM

R97: So now all sane people know who NOT to vote for.

by Anonymousreply 101June 5, 2021 8:26 PM

R101, I have no issue with AOC, but most people were never voting for Wiley anyway due to her DiB connection

by Anonymousreply 102June 5, 2021 8:43 PM

You could have had me, bitches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103June 6, 2021 1:32 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104June 6, 2021 6:10 AM

She's such a hypocrite, R104. The NY Times has AOC' s endorsement front and center today on it's web version.

I can't get my absentee ballot for Adams in quick enough. I've had it with limousine progressives. She, and her supporters, would destroy the city.

by Anonymousreply 105June 6, 2021 10:16 AM

The rest of the country thought Yang would just glide through based on his media profile. New Yorkers really are a unique lot.

by Anonymousreply 106June 6, 2021 11:44 AM

[quote] on it's web version.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 107June 6, 2021 11:55 AM

Is that story about Wylie paying for private security true? Wow.

by Anonymousreply 108June 6, 2021 12:03 PM

...Wiley...

by Anonymousreply 109June 6, 2021 12:04 PM

One of the most important mayoral and citywide elections in decades, and really no one is paying attention.

At least from what one has seen walking around UES, UWS, Tribeca, Soho, etc.. few if any places have posters or other thing supporting this or that candidate. You have some small businesses with things in their windows, but other than that it really seems as if no one is focusing on primary.

Voting starts next with (early) 12th June with primary day 22 June. In a city with overwhelmingly democrat voters whoever wins mayoral primary, and most of the other offices up for grabs likely will win in November. The GOP candidates for mayor are all jokes, and don't stand a chance of winning. Other races may be a different story (BP, city council seats, etc..).

by Anonymousreply 110June 6, 2021 12:55 PM

I just mailed off my absentee ballot. Adams, Yang and, because of arguments I heard on DL, Garcia as third. Anything to stop Wiley.

Yang still has a sweet ass, tho.

by Anonymousreply 111June 6, 2021 3:24 PM

Its hard to know who to support. I miss the old days when you could just vote for the a Jew and feel some level of comfort.

by Anonymousreply 112June 6, 2021 3:36 PM

Mayhem in Manhattan: Riot cops chase violent mob through the West Village after 22 arrests at Washington Square Park over new 10pm curfew

Footage shows riot police chasing New Yorkers through the streets of Manhattan on Saturday night after imposing a 10pm closure on a park

The park usually closes at midnight, but for this weekend and next it will close early in a bid to stem complaints of anti-social behavior

Officers chased people from Washington Square Park and followed them through the streets of Greenwich Village

----------------

NEW YORK CITY (WABC) -- In this episode of Up Close, it is not your imagination, the crime rate is surging in New York City.

Shootings were up last month by 73% compared to a year ago and transit crimes have nearly doubled.

by Anonymousreply 113June 6, 2021 4:07 PM

^ Fascist propaganda. Here's what really happened.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114June 6, 2021 4:40 PM

Potash is a nutjob. He spent all summer defending the crazies in Portland and Seattle, hoping that kind of stuff would play out in NYC too.

by Anonymousreply 115June 6, 2021 4:45 PM

R114 ABC is not even close to being a right wing outlet, give it up.

by Anonymousreply 116June 6, 2021 5:21 PM

"The rest of the country thought Yang would just glide through based on his media profile. New Yorkers really are a unique lot."

So why have New Yorkers elected so many grifters and incompetents to public office? Not just once, but you re-elected them. Yes, you are unique; other cities would have thrown the bastards out.

by Anonymousreply 117June 6, 2021 5:23 PM

Anyone but Wiley and Morales.

Adams/Garcia/Yang are top 3. McGuire woudl be great too.

by Anonymousreply 118June 6, 2021 5:38 PM

R118: Stringer too. I don't care about the allegations and they're probably false anyway. He has the qualifications and experience. McGuire and Donovan will be Bloomberg clones.

by Anonymousreply 119June 6, 2021 5:57 PM

[quote]she'd strip a billion dollars from the NYPD's budge

I have no fucking problem with this. Do you really think there isn't tons of this money going into undeserved pensions and bullshit OT? I know NYPD who are specifically taught by their fellow useless shits how to coast on the job and just retire at 45.

The NYPD is useless these days. They need an overhaul. And they're fat fucks to boot. It's disgusting that they're even allowed to get that fat and be POs.

by Anonymousreply 120June 6, 2021 6:06 PM

I'm not voting for a cop or for a dilettante. God help us.

by Anonymousreply 121June 6, 2021 7:03 PM

I’m voting Stringer, Adams, Garcia, Yang. I don’t think Stringer has a shot but he’d be a decent Mayor.

by Anonymousreply 122June 6, 2021 7:30 PM

The million dollars is not coming out of cop pensions. Basically behind so many legal firewalls they are untouchable, R120.

by Anonymousreply 123June 6, 2021 8:02 PM

Why did NYers sour on Yang so fast?

by Anonymousreply 124June 11, 2021 3:22 AM

Whining like a bitch about a cartoon that was not racist to any REAL NYer who understood what it was about.

And he's better off running for councilman in Borough Park, Brooklyn where all of the rabid, Israeli settlers come from.

by Anonymousreply 125June 11, 2021 3:25 AM

Is Ray McGuire considered a real contender in this race? Save from his commercials, I've barely heard a word about him.

by Anonymousreply 126June 11, 2021 3:33 AM

𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐘𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐏𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐩𝐮𝐭𝐬 𝐄𝐫𝐢𝐜 𝐀𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐝

In the four weeks since we endorsed Democratic mayoral candidate Eric Adams, our confidence that we chose wisely has only grown — and not just because his support in the polls has risen steadily while the rest of the pack has moved up and down.

It’s mainly because the reason for his gains is the public’s growing concern over rising crime, with Monday’s NY1/IPSOS poll showing that nearly 46 percent of likely voters want crime and public safety to be the top priority of the next mayor. And from the start of the race, Adams has been the candidate most forthright and credible in vowing to bring it down — and insisting that #Defund nonsense is not the way to do it.

Shootings have surged across the city by more than 68 percent in the first half of 2021, according to the NYPD — with the hot summer months still to come.

That reality — and, yes, his own long record of also pushing for NYPD reform and other goals they share — is why Adams has also earned the support of veteran community organizer and Working Families Party co-founder Bertha Lewis, who pithily dismissed his rivals as less qualified: “Eric Adams is far and away the right person at the right time to run this city.”

Another sign of his strength is the nothing-burgers served up by rival campaigns desperate to slow his momentum, noise about how he once registered as a Republican and conspiracy theories about how he “really” lives in New Jersey.

The city needs a mayor who will tackle the escalating gun violence, focus on getting workers back in the city and forestall the fiscal crisis that’s coming when federal aid runs out.

Even if you disagree that Eric Adams is by far the best candidate to tackle those challenges, rank him as your No. 2 or even 3. Don’t let the new ranked-choice voting system empower the election of a far-leftist like Maya Wiley, whose mayoralty could actually make people yearn for the “good old days” of Bill de Blasio.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127June 11, 2021 8:38 AM

It's looking like it's between Adams and Garcia now.

by Anonymousreply 128June 11, 2021 11:12 AM

Wiley was second place a few days ago. Perhaps not promising to allow the police to carry arms might hurt her tho.

by Anonymousreply 129June 11, 2021 11:15 AM

Garcia is my number one.

by Anonymousreply 130June 11, 2021 11:19 AM

R124, we were never that sweet on him to begin with. He is a bored rich guy doing this for who-knows-what reason, but he’s not qualified.

by Anonymousreply 131June 11, 2021 11:54 AM

I just early voted. I really wasn't thrilled about any of the candidates but given how much our right to vote is under threat these days, I felt it was something I should do anyway. My polling place was empty -- I got there about 12:30 this afternoon and there were only about 4 people there. All of the people there working as volunteers were mostly just standing around. Of course you always know primaries don't attract the number of voters that presidential elections do but I was expecting more than that.

by Anonymousreply 132June 12, 2021 7:49 PM

Any ideas on when we’ll start to see some returns?

by Anonymousreply 133June 12, 2021 7:51 PM

It's just the first day, and early voting is still pretty new.

by Anonymousreply 134June 12, 2021 11:02 PM

How did you rank them, r132?

by Anonymousreply 135June 13, 2021 12:34 AM

Between the poor slate of candidates to choose from, the timing of the primary (June 22) and potential confusion about rank choice voting, i suspect the turnout for this primary will be low.

by Anonymousreply 136June 13, 2021 12:41 AM

Don’t rank Wiley, she will burn this city to the ground.

by Anonymousreply 137June 13, 2021 7:06 AM

Bump.

Fingers crossed for Kathryn Garcia to eek out a win.

by Anonymousreply 138June 13, 2021 6:34 PM

You mean the white woman?

by Anonymousreply 139June 13, 2021 6:45 PM

[quote] Fingers crossed for Kathryn Garcia to eek out a win.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 140June 13, 2021 7:17 PM

R138, you mean the woman whose utter incompetence, complete ineptitude and inability to do the job she was hired to do brought the City to a screeching halt over a minor snow storm?

by Anonymousreply 141June 13, 2021 7:25 PM

R132 Cut the dramatics. Our right to vote is not under threat.

by Anonymousreply 142June 13, 2021 7:39 PM

R141-calm down

by Anonymousreply 143June 13, 2021 7:43 PM

Wiley is interviewed on CNN/MSNBC regularly. She's one of the "defund the police" advocates while the crime rate in NYC is rising steadily. I don't live there, but if I did, I would not vote for her.

by Anonymousreply 144June 16, 2021 12:04 AM

[quote] Wiley is interviewed on CNN/MSNBC regularly. She's one of the "defund the police" advocates while the crime rate in NYC is rising steadily.

So naturally CNN and MSNBC love her.

by Anonymousreply 145June 16, 2021 12:05 AM

Terrible she’s in third place.

by Anonymousreply 146June 16, 2021 12:06 AM

Since when is Yang a New Yorker? I thought he was from California.

by Anonymousreply 147June 16, 2021 12:15 AM

R147 are these the same people who tagged on Hils for being a “carpetbagger.” Who even cares as long and they’re good? And Adam’s is (surprise surprise) in DeB’s pocket.

And OF COURSE our great founder of the feminist movement Alyssa Milano is for Wiley...

by Anonymousreply 148June 16, 2021 12:49 AM

Who's winning?

by Anonymousreply 149June 18, 2021 8:15 PM

[quote] Who's winning?

The street gangs and general run of the mill thugs.

by Anonymousreply 150June 18, 2021 8:18 PM

Eric Adams singlehandedly stopped Yang from becoming Mayor of New York.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151June 23, 2021 5:19 AM

Man, Yang imploded, didn't he? At one everyone else but him was in single digits.

by Anonymousreply 152June 23, 2021 12:21 PM

[quote] At one everyone else but him was in single digits.

Come again.

by Anonymousreply 153June 23, 2021 12:57 PM

* At one time

by Anonymousreply 154June 24, 2021 10:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!