Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chapter Two: Christian Diet Guru Gwen Shamblin Lara Penetrates Percy Priest!

Continue your mourning here.

by Anonymousreply 471March 10, 2024 1:42 PM

That daughter is behind this!

by Anonymousreply 1June 1, 2021 5:19 PM

Link to prior thread below

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 1, 2021 5:23 PM

From Without a Crystal Ball on Facebook:

Recovery efforts continue for the Plane & bodies of 7 people that died on a plane crash on Saturday

Gwen Shamblin Lara & Joe Lara along with 5 leaders from Gwen’s church Remnant Fellowship Church were on the plane.

My source let me know that divers have located some human remains, but due to the nature of the crash, identifying the victims will be challenging. The source also says the divers are having a tough time due to muddy conditions causing low visibility with much of the recovery being done by touch vs sight

I’m told the family is heartbroken & waiting so they can lay their loved ones to rest.

by Anonymousreply 3June 1, 2021 5:42 PM

The family is plotting how to carry on the grift “because that is what Gwen and God would want”.

by Anonymousreply 4June 1, 2021 5:44 PM

I don't believe this was posted on the first thread.

'Prophet' Gwen Shamblin Lara's Cult Member's Shocking Revelation about Secret Meeting Before Crash

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 1, 2021 5:45 PM

It's not often that a plane crash happens and no one has to feel even a little bit bad about it.

by Anonymousreply 6June 1, 2021 5:49 PM

[quote]a tough time due to muddy conditions causing low visibility with much of the recovery being done by touch vs sight

Yikes. This plane came down hard.

Is it possible that bony Gwen disintegrated on impact? The hair could be the only thing that remains.

by Anonymousreply 7June 1, 2021 5:54 PM

She's with Jesus now

by Anonymousreply 8June 1, 2021 6:01 PM

Thank you, R2. I'm not trying to make excuses for forgetting the link, but my grief has been so overwhelming this morning that I couldn't even eat my first perfect bite of scrambled egg.

I weighed out two grams a few hours ago, arranged it all on my baby spoon, and I even salt-and-peppered that perfect little bite all purdy. Nope. Couldn't eat it. Just sayin'.

by Anonymousreply 9June 1, 2021 6:01 PM

Judging from the photos Gwen tore the hair off her own daughter's head a while back and glued it to her own.

by Anonymousreply 10June 1, 2021 6:05 PM

I’m still reading about these scummy motherfuckers on the first thread.

First thread had a spiritwatch link. I never heard of spiritwatch so thank you. It’s weird how Gwen put “overspending” in her deadly sins line-up yet she and Tarzan were the queen and king of luxury spending, all under the guise of a “ministry.” I’d starve myself to see their taxes!

I’m reposting this Jen gal’s link on this new thread just because she is so full of information about cults.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 1, 2021 6:28 PM

R5 This crash was the lords work.

Praise him on high!

by Anonymousreply 12June 1, 2021 6:33 PM

[quote]It’s weird how Gwen put “overspending” in her deadly sins line-up yet she and Tarzan were the queen and king of luxury spending

Her answer to things like that was quoting, "to the pure, all things are pure." That's how she got away with drinking, compulsive shopping, flying around the world on vacations, etc. That's why she could openly take prescription drugs while members who were ratted out for taking them (or who confessed) were forced to flush them down the toilet in front of upper management.

Of course, Gwen was the sole judge of who was pure and who was impure.

by Anonymousreply 13June 1, 2021 6:47 PM

Were her prescription drugs amphetamines?

by Anonymousreply 14June 1, 2021 6:50 PM

R14 “diet pills”

by Anonymousreply 15June 1, 2021 6:56 PM

R8. Her hair is still at the bottom of Percy Priest Lake.

by Anonymousreply 16June 1, 2021 7:02 PM

R14, they were horse tranquilizers for the creature living on her head. If she didn't funnel a good bottle and half's worth of them into that thing every day, it reverted to type and started chasing Adrianne Barbeau around Anderson Hall.

by Anonymousreply 17June 1, 2021 7:04 PM

Would be interesting to know more about her suit against Spririt Watch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 1, 2021 7:13 PM

I read on one of the Free Jinger threads that the skeletal, pale daughter Elizabeth was close to a normal, healthier weight when she was pregnant and delivered her daughters. After the girls, she gave birth to a son named Henley, which is Gwen’s maiden name. The kid only lived for a short time. After his death she started losing the weight, and went on to have her last kid, another boy.

by Anonymousreply 19June 1, 2021 7:13 PM

Whoa R13 - you mean to tell me Gwen also used prescribed drugs? AND THEN told her “parishioners” they were bad? I read she preached against divorce until she found her new skinny Tarzan.

This 🐇 🕳 will be fascinating.

I’m all up for the financials. How the fuck these people get away with this crap is stunning. All under the guise of a “ministry.” I cannot wait to hear what Gwen had to say about gays.

I’m old but my work/living took me to two FDLS encampments and the Rajnessshees. The mind-control is brilliant once these cults land in a certain area and don’t get rebuffed. It’s so interesting that Gwen landed in a fat Tennessee area and started her schicht as a weight loss guru and then melded it into a “church.”

by Anonymousreply 20June 1, 2021 7:16 PM

I can’t help but wonder if Matt Lauer invited Gwen back to his office to discuss this further.

The interview starts around 1:50

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 1, 2021 7:22 PM

Seems like they are making good progress

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 1, 2021 7:27 PM

R20, it was from the link below which was written by a woman who was had her antidepressants flushed and ended up in the psych ward.

[quote]The Remnant leadership would say that I didn’t need to be medicating myself with medicines; that I needed to trust in the Lord, but I happen to know that Gwen had a prescription medicine for dizzy spells. Why didn’t she just trust in God to help her feel better? My opinion is that she was starving herself so much before Passover that it affected her health.

A few more quotes, just because:

[quote]Several people were encouraged to fast for many days and weeks to get their excess weight off. Some folks even fasted for 40 days prior to Passover. We were continually told that God could inflict severe punishment on us Passover night if we didn’t get rid of all our idols (sins) before Passover. We were strongly encouraged to be “pure.”

[quote]Gwen really defended Michael Jackson; saying that she could relate to the persecution he had received and said that we should pray for him.

[quote]Spanking was widely practiced; and it was accepted that people spank each other’s children. Even children under the age of 2 were spanked for disobedience and defiance. The spankings had to really COUNT or it wouldn’t do any good. Children were expected to sit quietly in the 2 hour services, and if they were taken out and refused to say they were sorry, or kept crying (which indicated that they were feeling sorry for themselves and not for God ), they were spanked repeatedly… I was instructed to spank my daughter on her bare bottom until it was beet red. I didn’t feel right about this, but I thought I had to obey.

[quote]Children were told to obey their authorities, which also meant that older children were other children’s authorities. For example, it was not unusual to hear a child of 4 complain that a child of 2 wasn’t obeying her authority; or a child of 10 would be spanked for not obeying the authority of an 11-year-old.

[quote]The Last Exodus, a new Weigh Down class for ages 8 to 28, is promoting anorexic compulsions that are training young people to eat such small portions that most teens/young adults in Remnant are a size 2 or under. [ . . . ] Their fear of eating without a true stomach growl or eating one bite past full is obsessive. Gwen even teaches to pray before each single bite to ask God’s permission before taking each successive bite.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 1, 2021 7:29 PM

[quote]the skeletal, pale daughter Elizabeth

For those who missed it:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 1, 2021 7:32 PM

And one more

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 1, 2021 7:34 PM

With hair like that she was close to God, and after the plane crash now she’s even closer! 🙏

by Anonymousreply 26June 1, 2021 7:37 PM

The daughter looks like she’s on the Judy Garland diet of pills and liquor. She’s only in her 30s!

by Anonymousreply 27June 1, 2021 7:51 PM

Why are the young daughters (granddaughters of Gwen) in heavy makeup and scarlet lipstick on Christmas morning at home?

by Anonymousreply 28June 1, 2021 7:55 PM

Gwen often seemed manic, think she had some help maintaining her weight.

by Anonymousreply 29June 1, 2021 7:55 PM

Omg the comments on her Instagram are VICIOUS!

by Anonymousreply 30June 1, 2021 8:25 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 1, 2021 9:14 PM

I can’t bring myself to shed a tear for these vile creatures.

by Anonymousreply 32June 1, 2021 9:33 PM

Seems likely that it will be found to be pilot error. Wonder if the cult will survive like the Scienos or implode? Will cult members sue for wrongful death on behalf of the minor kids who lost a parent(s)? Will there be a power struggle?

Apparently Tarzan moved to Nashville in a try at a music career and met Gwen at RF while she was still married to the portly hubs of decades.

by Anonymousreply 33June 1, 2021 10:11 PM

Supposedly there are many Dems in the cult who were dismayed by the recent Maga screeds, maybe that will help implode the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 34June 1, 2021 10:17 PM

R34 bullshit

by Anonymousreply 35June 1, 2021 10:29 PM

Has been reported sourced by people who were at the no phones meeting recently, R35, some walked out.

But, if you would rather that a child killing ana promoting cult continues, that's on you.

by Anonymousreply 36June 1, 2021 10:37 PM

The weight loss was really affecting her looks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 1, 2021 11:07 PM

I listened to the linked sermon for about 20 minutes, trying to comprehend her deep messages from God. I gave up because I didn't know what the fuck she was talking about. Gobbledygook, all of it, delivered in a flat southern twang.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 1, 2021 11:41 PM

Dat’s da suck job!

by Anonymousreply 39June 1, 2021 11:46 PM

Supposedly more info can be found re: the recent secret meeting on FB.

From FJ: "t’s called The Beyond Zion Foundation on Facebook. Someone in the insta thread mentioned that this group(person?) had posted about the secret church service & what was said, & I went digging & found it by searching that name on Facebook. "

Many are hoping the cult implodes but Miscavage and others show they can continue even after the death of a charismatic (cough) founder.

by Anonymousreply 40June 2, 2021 12:00 AM

Yeah, this looks perfectly normal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 2, 2021 12:48 AM

I really want to know when, how and why she thought that hair was a good look for her.

by Anonymousreply 42June 2, 2021 12:55 AM

Well, I never in all my life!

[quote]He is not a wimpy lover; he's a passionate, jealous god. I almost lose my breath when I think he is trying to get my attention. Let him fill you as you have Never. Been. Filled. Before.

[quote]The taste in my mouth of knowing that the lord could fill me up. Um, I had to have it.

[quote]I could really actually depend on god to be my abbafather [Remnant Hebrew!] and to be my daddy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 2, 2021 1:20 AM

Jesus was too weak from dieting to save them.

by Anonymousreply 44June 2, 2021 1:24 AM

r43, it's funny to watch her hair get progressively bigger

by Anonymousreply 45June 2, 2021 2:02 AM

[quote]Gwen Shamblin Lara & Joe Lara along with 5 leaders from Gwen’s church Remnant Fellowship Church were on the plane.

Now, I'm just going to assume that at least 4 of them were hairdressers, right?

I mean, one person can only tease so much hair...

by Anonymousreply 46June 2, 2021 2:05 AM

Followers of Christian Diet Leader Gwen Shamblin Lara say they are not sadden by reports of her demise in a plane crash...

"Y'all I heard she's lost even more weight!"

"OMG, I bet she looks even better than ever!"

by Anonymousreply 47June 2, 2021 2:34 AM

Hopefully wealthy grifter cult leaders dying in plane crashes becomes a new trend.

by Anonymousreply 48June 2, 2021 2:42 AM

[quote]She's with Jesus now

Um, she's actually in Heaven's Beauty Salon now...under the dryer

"You wouldn't believe what that nasty lake water did to my color and style...it was a nightmare!"

"Luckily Mr. Rafael here worked wonders on my hair - and as soon as I'm dry and teased, I'm looking forward to comparing notes with Jeebus!"

by Anonymousreply 49June 2, 2021 2:42 AM

That story that the search party had to search in the deep by touch is so darn creepy.

by Anonymousreply 50June 2, 2021 2:50 AM

My entire fist slid up her pussy.

by Anonymousreply 51June 2, 2021 2:55 AM

It's been three days. Has Gwen risen yet?

by Anonymousreply 52June 2, 2021 3:06 AM

Elsewhere someone posted that the size of the congregation had previously maxed out at 3,000, so, how lucrative could it have been? They were living a very high end lifestyle without THAT many cult members to tap for cash. When her books were used in churches worldwide and she was on mainstream tv, why f that up with her dippy doctines? Had to be mental to fumble the bag that way. In contrast, think how many incomes Miscavage can draw on.

by Anonymousreply 53June 2, 2021 3:07 AM

Has the daughter eaten anything yet?

by Anonymousreply 54June 2, 2021 3:13 AM

R25, dude with beard is kinda cute. Did he die too?

by Anonymousreply 55June 2, 2021 3:30 AM

[quote]She's with Jesus now

I don't know her.

by Anonymousreply 56June 2, 2021 3:40 AM

“The deep” was only 5-7 feet, r50. But, yeah, imagine working your forearm into Percy’s beckoning bottom only to have that wig wrap around your fingers and try to pull you in.

Quelle horreur!

by Anonymousreply 57June 2, 2021 3:43 AM

I’m on standby if a new version of candle in the wind needs to be written.

by Anonymousreply 58June 2, 2021 3:52 AM

better title might have been

Second Spoonful: Christian Diet Guru Gwen Shamblin Lara Penetrates Percy Priest!

by Anonymousreply 59June 2, 2021 4:13 AM

Goodbye Gwen Shamblin

Though I never knew you at all

You had the grace to starve yourself

Into a toothpick stuck in a hairball

Because Jesus hates fatties

And he whispered in your brain

Then set you on the treadmill

And enlarged your ratty mane

And it seems to me you lived your life

Like a thread in the blowhard wind

Never knowing who to cling to

When the cravings set in

And I’m glad I didn’t know you

Because I like to eat

Your candle was snuffed out in a lake

We knew God could smell a fake

by Anonymousreply 60June 2, 2021 4:37 AM

They should've traveled by vine. It's much safer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61June 2, 2021 7:13 AM

Clearly God punished her for using modern transportation. In no Bible it is mentioned that God created planes. Gwen embraced the ways of Satan and how he and his followers move around in this world.

by Anonymousreply 62June 2, 2021 7:16 AM

Let's go back to March 2020 when Gwen was all for quarantine because it's biblical and "something Jewish" from 4,000 years ago. She also loses her train of thought quite often and struggles to finish a sentence.

The doctor, a pulmonologist, thinks COVID isn't going to be serious enough for money to be invested in vaccine development and that transmission could be cut 80-90% by hand-washing and reducing fomite transmission. It's kind of an interesting time capsule with a bit of scattered Gwen tossed in.

Also, check out the armful of bracelets on the late David Martin at 34:44. He had to be the one factory-farming the Afghan hounds and making the wigs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63June 2, 2021 7:30 AM

^^ What the he'll is Gwen wearing? A sweater wrapped around a skirt? Did she get fashion tips from Edie Beale?

by Anonymousreply 64June 2, 2021 9:16 AM

^ She's trying to hide those thunder thighs of hers

by Anonymousreply 65June 2, 2021 10:02 AM

R63. As I mentioned it the previous thread, she’s wasn’t that skinny. Big as a house!

by Anonymousreply 66June 2, 2021 11:22 AM

Follow the money 💰

by Anonymousreply 67June 2, 2021 11:28 AM

Look how bad the ED of the daughter is, her arms are like sticks with no muscle and her hair is so thin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68June 2, 2021 12:27 PM

Good riddance to the lot of them.

Let's see more!

Plane crashes for all the MAGAS everywhere.!!

by Anonymousreply 69June 2, 2021 12:32 PM

They were rich, but didn't bother to pick a better and more secure, better maintained, plane? They really were tempting fate and fate said "Yes! Today is your day, you stupid cunts!".

by Anonymousreply 70June 2, 2021 12:44 PM

R68. That daughter looks like a ghoul.

by Anonymousreply 71June 2, 2021 12:45 PM

The documentary underway is said to be for airing on a "streaming platform" in early 2022 - guessing Netflix or maybe Amazon? Does Amazon do docs? Educating people as to how to recognize cult tactics is so valuable, the RF congregants seem to be well educated and well to do from what I can tell, yet still victimized by this freaky woman and her accolytes.

by Anonymousreply 72June 2, 2021 2:21 PM

The Netfliix doc on the Rajneesh (sp?) cult was very popular, the combo of cult, notoriety, Tarzan and diets seems like a winning one.

by Anonymousreply 73June 2, 2021 2:24 PM

How to Wait for Hunger

February 05, 2021

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

If you need to start over, start now, not Monday, to wait for stomach hunger. You will feel better than you have in a long time. The body appreciates it when you do not force food down the esophagus. The amazing extra energy is going to astound you! Write down how you feel. Look for a small, empty feeling or growl. Some people have had to wait three hours; some have had to wait a day and a half. The more pounds you have to lose or the bigger the last binge was, the longer the wait for your first hunger. After your first hunger, it may come around one to four times per day, depending on how soon you stop eating or how small each eating occasion is.

If you get a headache, it is probably from the strain of a new focus on resisting the temptation to eat. Just take something for the head- ache, and pray for strength. The tension will end. Ask your Father for a clear signal of hunger. Make sure you drink only water or artificially sweetened drinks while waiting. Do not make a habit of chewing sugared gum, hard candy, or your nails, or constantly drinking volumes of coffee, diet drinks, or water. We suggest that you go ahead and eat a small amount of food at the end of 36 hours of waiting, whether you have felt hunger or not, and then start the process over. Hunger should come soon thereafter.

What a dangerous FREAK this woman was. Not too bright either, lots of contradictions in her message. EDs are very common among dieticians, horrible profession for the most part. Jesus seemed to eat a lot of bread and wine, no mention of eating with a baby spoon from my limited biblical knowledge. And beating children to death, think Jesus opposed that one too. Just shocking that so many followed her and enriched her to such an obscene degree.

by Anonymousreply 74June 2, 2021 2:35 PM

7th Day Adventists promote a vegetarian diet and have had a tremendous impact on US govt recs re: the food pyramid/plate. Not at all based on SCIENCE as one might think but on religous VISIONS. Research it.

Starving cult recruits is a standard tactic. Dieticians are often drawn to the field by their own EDs. What an unholy mix.

by Anonymousreply 75June 2, 2021 3:42 PM

Starving or malnourished, congregants who are less than robust were thought to be less sexual too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76June 2, 2021 3:49 PM

Gwen was one scary bitch. How did so many educated, wealthy people get drawn in?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77June 2, 2021 3:51 PM

R77 she gone now!

by Anonymousreply 78June 2, 2021 4:55 PM

I hoped the whole RF cult would be gone too but it seems there is jockying for power, control and all the $$$. It may survive, Scientology survivied the loss of L Ron.

by Anonymousreply 79June 2, 2021 4:57 PM

jockeying, ugh, Muriel, an edit button, pretty pls!

by Anonymousreply 80June 2, 2021 5:00 PM

Trump should have his ancient 757 put back in service to fly all around on. Don’t bother getting a new engine, it can run on one.

by Anonymousreply 81June 2, 2021 5:00 PM

Lol, R81

by Anonymousreply 82June 2, 2021 5:01 PM

She was crazy like a fox and seems to have had plausible deniability in mind at all times. The people running her workshops would say one thing, but when she was the one speaking and it was on record, she would never cross the line into territory that couldn’t be explained away as: “All I do is tell people to eat when they’re hungry and stop eating when they’re full. Is that really so controversial?”

On video, she doesn’t fetishize individual salt crystals sparkling like diamonds on a 1/2” piece of French fry and talk about praying for a sign that it won’t be sinful to eat the next 1/2” piece. She never says fat people are going to hell. She even recommends eating at least once every 36 hours, hungry or not (which must have killed her to say), in another installment of this video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83June 2, 2021 5:45 PM

[quote]She even recommends eating at least once every 36 hours, hungry or not (which must have killed her to say), in another installment of this video.

What kind of fat pig would eat every 36 hours?

by Anonymousreply 84June 2, 2021 6:47 PM

In the interview with the local news re: the poor dead child she seems to be a bit less PR savvy.

by Anonymousreply 85June 2, 2021 7:13 PM

R74 wow great link/copy/post. And that’s why I visit The Lounge.

It seems like as Gwen gained more power and more money, she became more extreme. What first were weight loss hints became a “ministry” with a whole mumbo jumbo mixture of Jewish glitzy celebratory occasions and some basic Christian teachings. All the while wrapped in meaningless praise terms and new rules.

So back in the day it took decades/centuries for a cult to take hold. (I see you Joseph Smith.) How Gwen could do this sham in as little as 20 years is amazing.

by Anonymousreply 86June 2, 2021 7:15 PM

America had a lot of stupid people in it.

by Anonymousreply 87June 2, 2021 7:22 PM

Leaders need a firm hand when they gain more and more followers. Some don't realize how difficult it is to keep so many people on their toes or under your thumb to do your bidding.

by Anonymousreply 88June 2, 2021 7:26 PM

Miscavage realizes, R88. Whether RFhas a Miscavage on deck remains to be seen.

Looking forward to the doc that is in progress.

by Anonymousreply 89June 2, 2021 7:30 PM

Speaking of Joseph Smith, she also appropriated Kolob as her own. If Elizabeth is Brigham Young, who will be her Porter Rockwell? What about Strang and Rigdon? This could get very entertaining.

It’s such a mishmash of Jewish holidays, Unification Church mass weddings (engagements, in Gwen’s case), Pearl child abuse, pro-ana advice forum, and anything else that caught her eye.

An Unbelievable Love Story

August 05, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

God’s will is protecting and ensuring the eternal existence of love, and that will never end—as long as the stars twinkle and the sun rises in the east and the moon reflects light! Stop and imagine an enormous separate planet far away, populated with love-filled Saints from thousands of centuries. It would be a planet of no pain—a painless planet, with a Leader who would ever ensure no breach of hateful emotions, ensured by colossal walls with white pearly gates.

So this wonder-filled God of Love was obviously desirous of personal associations, so He became the author of all beautiful, ever-faithful relationships. The Bible is a rich history that reflects the search for the loving hearts, starting with Abraham, whose offspring went down to Egypt and then were rescued by God, and finally these populous two million Hebrews became Zion and established Jerusalem—the City of Peace. It is an unbelievable love story and a telling journey of the ups and downs as the children of God learned love from hate.

Read more in The History of the Love of God, Volume II

by Anonymousreply 90June 2, 2021 7:42 PM

Probably a scheduled autopost but another vid has been posted on Gwen's YT.

More bts goss: after the secret no phones meeting a few weeks ago, the constitutionalist one, where Gwen railed against Biden and claimed racism is not real, many famlies of color walked out. Things were a bit in turmoil before the crash. Lots of $$$ at stake, will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

Looking forward to the doc coming in 2022, has been in progress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91June 2, 2021 10:06 PM

Durville Patton is calling Gwen's death an "opportunity to push the Remnant Fellowship forward." The other couple in the video was removed from their leadership positions a while back, but now that there's a power vacuum they've suddenly resurfaced.

The jockeying for position will be glorious to behold.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92June 2, 2021 10:29 PM

What creepy people. I read on FJ that this guy's fam is one of the only black families left after Gwen recently declared that racism is fiction and people are just clinging to being victims. Many got up and walked out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93June 2, 2021 11:51 PM

[quote]More bts goss: after the secret no phones meeting a few weeks ago, the constitutionalist one, where Gwen railed against Biden and claimed racism is not real, many famlies of color walked out

Gwen doesn't strike me as having been terribly bright, however successful she was as a cult leader.

by Anonymousreply 94June 3, 2021 12:55 AM

Agree, alienating all the Christian churches who stopped selling her book and hosting her program over doctrine she likely did not even believe herself was super bone headed.

She has harmed many and destroyed many families, very sad. And encouraging the abuse of children, Jesus was pretty against that. He seemed to eat and drink with the apostles quite a bit, not a lot of licking rather than eating the food. Yet, many well educated people with good jobs were drawn in, even cut off family members.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95June 3, 2021 1:12 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96June 3, 2021 1:44 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97June 3, 2021 4:10 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98June 3, 2021 4:25 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99June 3, 2021 4:28 AM

"Gwen doesn't strike me as having been terribly bright, however successful she was as a cult leader. "

Have you met Donald Trump?

by Anonymousreply 100June 3, 2021 8:33 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101June 3, 2021 12:20 PM

Talk about stunty, this dude went and swam around in the lake

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102June 3, 2021 12:23 PM

RF is having a service on Saturday for the deceased, not sure if it will be streamed.

by Anonymousreply 103June 3, 2021 12:23 PM

From a comment on YT

"I don't think there was an intentional act here, otherwise why even answer ATC? From the pilot's response, Dan seems right that this guy was quickly getting behind the aircraft. If that is so, now the question is: Did he lose a piece, or simply lose ability to stay ahead of the aircraft? And what about rumors of a phone call from the plane after takeoff?"

I thought using cell phones on planes interferred with operations? I read that a family member was watching the flight on radar and saw what happened and contacted Elizabeth or Michael. It was only in the air for 2ish min.

by Anonymousreply 104June 3, 2021 12:28 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105June 3, 2021 12:30 PM

“If you want to be closer to God, you must give us all your money“

by Anonymousreply 106June 3, 2021 12:30 PM

That area of TN is very expensive, these are well educated cult members. I could see targeting women with the diet scam but what was in it for men? It seems like there are plenty of mainstream churches, what would be the appeal of a cult? Also, I thought fundies did not like women in leadership? Once she got her hooks in and isolated people, esp if they moved there and only knew church people, I can see it as easier to keep going. At least until her views on racism caused a minor walkout. But esp if you started out remote, how to set the hook to get to the cult lovebombing stage? The idea that God hates you if you eat a donut is not very appealing.

by Anonymousreply 107June 3, 2021 12:41 PM

Would you bitches hurry up and cast this?!?

by Anonymousreply 108June 3, 2021 1:15 PM

GLENN???

by Anonymousreply 109June 3, 2021 1:24 PM

Has anyone heard if the 'human remains' they're pulling out of the lake are full bodies or bits & bobs, heads & knobs?

by Anonymousreply 110June 3, 2021 1:59 PM

R107 thinks only well educated people have money... I bet you most are business owners without degrees.

by Anonymousreply 111June 3, 2021 2:01 PM

I think nothing of the kind, R111 but many at RF have advanced degrees.

by Anonymousreply 112June 3, 2021 2:05 PM

Obviously none that require critical thinking.

by Anonymousreply 113June 3, 2021 2:07 PM

I know of someone IRL with a PhD in a hard science who is involved in a cult, much like Rajneesh group. He has now risen to be a revered figure, appeals to his narcissism and desire for power over others. His cult is also into the freaky sex stuff and I am sure that was part of the appeal. He is well published in his field, not intellectually stunted.

There are many hooks that these groups set. Many experienced family estrangement when loved ones became involved with RF or Scientology, their family members were not socially disconnected loners that were easily targeted by human connection.

Perhaps the upcoming RF documentary will shed some light on recruitment practices.

by Anonymousreply 114June 3, 2021 2:15 PM

Mind Control Made Easy vid

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115June 3, 2021 2:39 PM

I think Lauren Weedman could play Gwen. She was in Looking, and I just saw her on an episode of Hacks.

by Anonymousreply 116June 3, 2021 2:48 PM

Who might play the daughter? Elizabeth, who changed her name from Michelle? She seemed to be a more normal weight until she lost a child to stillbirth or SIDS, unclear which. She became emaciated after that. Gwen used to tell a story about how her daughter as a tiny child would ask for food and she would deny her. Sick bitch. Really hope this group implodes and those suffering from EDs and estrangements can get help to heal.

by Anonymousreply 117June 3, 2021 2:51 PM

I think the hook for men is that women are taught to be subservient to men. When the wife is part of the cult, she is told to submit to her husband in all ways...except if he tells her to leave the RFC. I am sure that is can be extremely appealing to men.

by Anonymousreply 118June 3, 2021 3:07 PM

I could see that, R118. The cult being run by a woman they all deferred to - mommy issues?

by Anonymousreply 119June 3, 2021 3:12 PM

Lauren Weedman defo has the look, add a few wigs and you've got Gwen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120June 3, 2021 3:16 PM

They defo targeted the young and had love bombing down. From FJ

Posted yesterday at 11:16 AM On 6/1/2021 at 2:39 PM, mghjuno said: I have a question for anyone with a personal connection to this church. I grew up in Brentwood & still live in a nearby town, and I keep getting surprised by the comments that she “encouraged people to move to Brentwood.” That’s not something that just anyone can do. Since this church had existed you would have to be extremely wealthy to move to Brentwood. (I’m a genXer who was lucky enough to buy a house long before the crazy Williamson County real estate bubble, or I’d be priced out of my own home town). So this makes me wonder, did she specifically try to attract the extremely wealthy to her church from out of town?

OR is there any truth to the suspicion/rumors that I’ve heard that many members would live together in a house, maybe with several of them paying rent to her or the wealthy homeowner? Of course, “move to Brentwood” might just mean move to within an hour or less of the church which wouldn’t have been unreasonable for most people until this year when home prices went insane everywhere.

We know people who BARELY make ends meet to be able to live in the Brentwood/Franklin area. We also know people who ended up purchasing homes around 45 minutes from Brentwood, simply because Brentwood/Franklin wasn't affordable at all, but as soon as it was feasible they moved closer to RF. We know people who live in tiny houses/condos, rather than more comfortable homes, because it keeps them closer to RF.

As far as people living together, I can't speak of married couples doing this (I've heard of it, but nobody I know), but I know that's how they got the younger members of my family out there... it was nice to move out to TN and move into a gorgeous mansion and suddenly be surrounded by a bunch of people who wanted to be your best friend. I know of quite a few young people (early 20s) who lived with wealthy members of the group for years so they could move out to Brentwood. They were most definitely used as live-in housekeepers and babysitters.

Oddly enough, even when these young people could have lived with their own family members (as more and more people moved out there) they still lived with wealthy members of the church. It was odd, and I remember asking my husband why they would live with other church members when they could be living with parents or aunts/uncles. It was kind of weird.

by Anonymousreply 121June 3, 2021 3:54 PM

R115 last year during the first lockdown, I had that kind of ads on YT, it was really weird, I don't watch videos on cults or religions, more like asmr shit, but I was invited to follow a training to start my own "spiritual group". YT has some very weird ads, last month it was an ad for a conspiracy about the 5G network...

by Anonymousreply 122June 3, 2021 3:56 PM

Can you please change the name of that lake now?

by Anonymousreply 123June 3, 2021 4:08 PM

The Remembrance service on Sat looks like it will be live streamed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124June 3, 2021 4:39 PM

Statement re: the accident

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125June 3, 2021 4:40 PM

This is a bit alarming. The world is poorly regulated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126June 3, 2021 5:16 PM

The cult is holding fast to the lie that his medical clearance was current. Rumors are that he was aware it had lapsed and there were reasons for it. But, dead now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127June 3, 2021 5:23 PM

I imagine if he was not medicallly certified that there would be no insurance payouts. Would the cult fake docs? They did a lot of shady stuff when that poor child was killed, so, who knows? They are ALL about the benjamins after all.

by Anonymousreply 128June 3, 2021 5:27 PM

[quote]Talk about stunty, this dude went and swam around in the lake

He has a history of racing to crash sites and taking debris home with him. He took an entire throttle body from one site and I have no idea whether the NTSB ever got their hands on it.

If anyone is going to find that wig, it's him.

by Anonymousreply 129June 3, 2021 5:32 PM

When he went bobbing wearing a baseball cap it was beyond stunty.

More discussion of the med cert

"It appears that there may be some conflation of the requirements here. A second class license, which is what Joe had listed on his FAA form shown in this video, needs a medical certificate every twelve months.

If a second class certification was needed to fly the plane involved in the accident, then he appears to have been out of compliance, even with the proffered copy of a more recent medical certificate."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130June 3, 2021 5:35 PM

Seemed super safety conscious driving on the highway speaking to a cameral with no seat belt on. Or parked on the shoulder, also super dangerous, speaking to a camera.

Had no idea so many nutty people were flying small planes.

by Anonymousreply 131June 3, 2021 5:36 PM

R131, it’s just like boats. Once you’re licensed, people give you special treatment just in case they need you to pilot their planes.

I’ve helped an old woman and an old man - in a public funded retirement home - who were given planes and drank the planes and their licenses away. They told stories of flying idiots where the parties never seemed to end.

by Anonymousreply 132June 3, 2021 5:47 PM

[quote]Had no idea so many nutty people were flying small planes.

Or big ones. He's rated for a quite a few and he was flying for Delta at the time of his arrest.

by Anonymousreply 133June 3, 2021 5:49 PM

I thought pilots would be screened for mental issues and substance abuse? I would hope, anyway! I had never heard of this guy or Gwen, what a cast of characters.

by Anonymousreply 134June 3, 2021 6:35 PM

[quote]If a second class certification was needed to fly the plane involved in the accident

Medical certification is tied to the pilot’s license class, not to the plane being flown.

A commercial license isn’t required. Citations can be flown by a single pilot with a private pilot license and a few additional requirements (multi-engine rating, Citation type-rating, etc.), but since Joe held a commercial pilot license, he would be required to have the corresponding medical certification.

by Anonymousreply 135June 3, 2021 7:29 PM

I am not sure if the cult is trying to protect the rep of one of their leaders or if they are trying for a viable insurance claim? Another theory is that he had the medical cert signed but had not processed it with FAA? That seems even more far fetched. Over the weekend the rumors were that he had NOT updated the cert for reasons. And since pilots, to my surprise, are not required to have insurance, I am guessing any insurance claims would be against life insurance policies? There are several minor kids involved who would need to be provided for, including Joe's child.

by Anonymousreply 136June 3, 2021 7:38 PM

Yikes, R132. I do know that there is a LOT of very dangerous boating that goes on but planes seem more likely to kill others, unless you are that Ryan O'Neal kid.

That aviation "expert" guy seems like quite the loose cannon himself.

by Anonymousreply 137June 3, 2021 7:41 PM

Judy Davis might be a good Gwen.

by Anonymousreply 138June 3, 2021 9:05 PM

Black Meryl as Gwen, The Boiled Elf Herself Ellen as the scheming daughter & OBVIOUSLY 🙄 Jim Caviezel as Tarzan.

by Anonymousreply 139June 3, 2021 9:06 PM

Lol, stealing this, funny, along with comments calling G "a hair mat with lipstick" lol.

"Why would anyone's children have a birthright to be Prophet 2.0?

or as I would have it, "The Hair Apparent".

by Anonymousreply 140June 3, 2021 9:27 PM

I think Uma Thurman, dieted down a bit, could play Michelle/Elizabeth.

Several of the women seem to go by more than one name, cults are weird.

by Anonymousreply 141June 3, 2021 9:33 PM

R138 the daughter Elizabeth is a better fit. She looks like Judy Davis playing end stage Judy Garland. Catherine O’Hara would make a good Gwen.

by Anonymousreply 142June 3, 2021 9:35 PM

Will Elizabeth start wearing blond fright wigs? One does wonder. Anyone planning to watch the stream on Saturday?

by Anonymousreply 143June 3, 2021 9:39 PM

R143 I also wonder how she’s going to steal the crown. Her current look if I can call it that is depressed, malnourished sister wife. The opposite of aging stripper Gwen. We should ALL attend the funeral.

by Anonymousreply 144June 3, 2021 9:41 PM

Hmmm, a watch thread could be fun. Check your time zone, TN appears to be different than US East Coast.

Elizabeth will also be grappling for a way to continue to support her minor children, if the cult falls apart, no more high end lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 145June 3, 2021 9:48 PM

Melissa Leo as Gwen

71-year-old Sissy Spacek as Elizabeth

DL fave Terry Miller as David Martin

Cynthia Nixon’s wife as Brandon

The first three will need a 40-day water fast to be “pure” enough for their roles. The latter, time to grow out the curls and beard and a dozen back-to-back fasts.

by Anonymousreply 146June 3, 2021 10:51 PM

This site has great resources.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147June 3, 2021 11:10 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148June 3, 2021 11:11 PM

I can't believe I'd never heard of this cult before and I regularly check Tony Ortega's Scientology blog and occasionally skim Free Jinger. Jesus. Cults are sinister enough, but to couch and justify a dangerous collective eating disorder in Scripture and bullshit is beyond the pale. It wouldn't surprise me if the children and teens lag behind others in their age cohort on expected growth, height, weight, bone density, etc.

I have a feeling the dietary nonsense will be gone by the wayside as people begin to loosen up after their guru's death.

by Anonymousreply 149June 3, 2021 11:45 PM

Not to mention the MURDERED child where the cult vigorously defended the parents, R149. They are still involved from prison where they are serving life + 30 years each.

by Anonymousreply 150June 4, 2021 12:01 AM

This blog is only available on the wayback machine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151June 4, 2021 12:05 AM

Elizabeth would be stupid to give up such an easy income stream. They’re charging $69.99 for the introductory video course and $19.99/month or $235/year for the app.

It isn’t like a normal weight-loss service where there’s pressure to constantly come up with new content like workouts, meal plans, and seasonal recipes.

They already have a ton of content and rely heavily on users to provide more, so Prophet 2.0 will only have to flaunt her slim pins and churn out a short video now and then.

Plus, she’s lived her whole life this way. It’s possible she thinks the general-public version isn’t rigid enough and she’ll try to bring in the more extreme elements.

by Anonymousreply 152June 4, 2021 12:32 AM

I think you may be onto something, R152, Miscavage certainly turned the screws. Elizabeth/Michelle seems to have no profession and now she has 4 young kids to raise w/o her husband. Life insurance may be iffy re: payouts given the circumstances, if he even had it. So forging forward seems to be the agenda from the text immediately after the crash. But, there may be competition for control, her SIL is said to be quite aggressive as well.

by Anonymousreply 153June 4, 2021 12:44 AM

She’ll simply sell off real assets and begin a traveling revival show featuring Gwen Shamblin Relics©️. Donations exceeding $1,000 earn a lock of the True Hair Reaching For God©️.

Gwen’s last babtismal water - where she met her maker - can be bottled and sold as a cleanse. Steeped and filtered by the hair of Gwen. This is not fat hair! This is Freed hair!

by Anonymousreply 154June 4, 2021 1:11 AM

In the event of a water landing, your hair will become a flotation device.

by Anonymousreply 155June 4, 2021 2:00 AM

You must be a born leader and / or entertainer. Successful cults are run by leaders who can charm and convince the followers into submission. That daughter doesn't look like she has that skill.

by Anonymousreply 156June 4, 2021 4:58 AM

Everyone should watch the video at R5's link. About 1/3rd into it she talks about how kids were locked in rooms, closets, etc., until they lost weight, and how great that was for them.

The woman was BEYOND sick.

by Anonymousreply 157June 4, 2021 5:08 AM

That fellow Dan Gryder (videos linked above) believes the plane hit the lake extremely hard. Also, the main part of the airplane is still down there and it appears it will just be left. I guess retrievals are expensive and dangerous. But that seems creepy. Or symbolic.

by Anonymousreply 158June 4, 2021 12:01 PM

Baptisms to be performed at our new Gwen Lake!

by Anonymousreply 159June 4, 2021 1:55 PM

Seems like leaving it might not be safe for boaters as it is said to be shallow?

by Anonymousreply 160June 4, 2021 2:02 PM

R160 not to mention if your motor catches Gwen’s wig and pulls you all into the water like a sea monste!

by Anonymousreply 161June 4, 2021 2:05 PM

Breaking News: Gwen's wig has absorbed the entire lake, making the recovery process surprisingly easy.

by Anonymousreply 162June 4, 2021 2:13 PM

Those Dan Gryder videos are so self-aggrandizing, frustrating for their lack of any real information, and are hard to take seriously when you learn more about his past. My God, the look on newscaster Chelsea's face - he's clearly already said a million sexually inappropriate things to her before the camera rolled, can't wait for him to shut up and leave, and added nothing of import during that segment. And doping his segments parked dangerously by the side of an interstate, with the car shaking after each close pass by a big truck. This guy is a moron.

by Anonymousreply 163June 4, 2021 2:22 PM

Dumb to claim to promote safety and to drive on the highway with no seat belt and staring in to a drone camera in the car, too. What was the excuse for the bizzare meltdown in his past? Drugs? Alcohol? Mental illness? He should have lost his pilot's license.

by Anonymousreply 164June 4, 2021 2:27 PM

In essence he did, r164.

by Anonymousreply 165June 4, 2021 2:29 PM

This saga has so many angles. I can see multiple series with spin-offs.

by Anonymousreply 166June 4, 2021 2:31 PM

Fascinated by the gaunt, anorexic, creepy daughter with limp, flat hair. Did mother dictate that daughter's hair had to be nothing like hers? Will daughter start teasing her hair and wearing wigs now so she can take over mom's role?

by Anonymousreply 167June 4, 2021 2:39 PM

R167 I think her hair is falling out due to anorexia. She also dresses like she just arrived from the 1600s. The complete opposite of Gwen.

by Anonymousreply 168June 4, 2021 4:45 PM

From FJ: maybe paperwork was submitted or processed post-crash?

He did have a current medical per the FAA database, which has updated since the weekend when I ran it:

Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 7.19.29 PM.png

Per the FAA he was completely qualified to fly that airplane.

I have no idea how or why it wasn't showing it before, because I confirmed it myself (in fact, I think I posted a screenshot of it in this thread) but it definitely shows him with the proper qualifications now.

by Anonymousreply 169June 4, 2021 4:52 PM

More discussion at FJ re: pilot credentials

I'm not suggesting that a doctor falsified anything. Just that maybe an older document was submitted post-crash and accepted by the FAA.

I mean, that's not impossible I suppose, but this is a completely different medical certificate than the one he had before, and someone would have had to sign it and submit it under their name. I can't see anyone putting their medical license and freedom at risk to pull a shenanigan, especially when they know that those documents are going to be under a microscope.

by Anonymousreply 170June 4, 2021 4:54 PM

Any pilot or poster who is familiar with the FAA care to speculate as to what happened since the weekend with his med cert?

by Anonymousreply 171June 4, 2021 4:54 PM

More re: cert from FJ, strange that it would change since the crash, wonder what the date of the exam was?

He doesn’t submit it - the doctor who does the examination does electronically, and they’re required to keep copies of all the stuff related to that medical certificate as supporting documentation if the FAA and NTSB comes a-calling.

(Or so the pilot I spoke to on the topic tells me.)

by Anonymousreply 172June 4, 2021 4:58 PM

Tik Tok of the couple flying

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173June 4, 2021 5:04 PM

What am I missing? A class II (commercial) medical certificate is only valid for one year. His is dated 11/19.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174June 4, 2021 5:09 PM

Who cares about the certificate?

by Anonymousreply 175June 4, 2021 5:13 PM

The person R169 is quoting, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 176June 4, 2021 5:19 PM

I believe his cert would be good for 2 years so until 11/21. No idea why that was not showing in the FAA database last weekend. It matters in the sense that it was thought he was flying without proper valid credentials. The step SIL was not certified to fly a jet so the focus was on Tarzan's credentials.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177June 4, 2021 5:24 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178June 4, 2021 5:27 PM

[quote] to the pure, all things are pure." That's how she got away with drinking, compulsive shopping, flying around the world on vacations, etc. That's why she could openly take prescription drugs while members who were ratted out for taking them (or who confessed) were forced to flush them down the toilet in front of upper management. Of course, Gwen was the sole judge of who was pure and who was impure.

Oh yeah, Gwen was pure alright, a pure cunt

by Anonymousreply 179June 4, 2021 5:37 PM

I think she had that hairdo to look taller than she really is, like compensating next to her husband? Except she looked ridiculous in the process.

by Anonymousreply 180June 4, 2021 5:46 PM

She had the hair for years, Tarzan was a recent addition. The long term hubs was not involved in the cult and was cut loose for being tubby, it appears.

by Anonymousreply 181June 4, 2021 5:48 PM

[quote]I believe his cert would be good for 2 years so until 11/21.

Your own link contradicts that, R177.

He had a commercial pilot license, which is dated 3/11/2020 at the FAA link. For a CPL, you need a class II (or higher) medical certificate. From your link:

[quote]Second-class medical certificate

[quote] (i) Any age

[quote]an airline transport pilot certificate for second-in-command privileges (other than the operations specified in paragraph (d)(1) of this section), [quote]a commercial pilot certificate,[quote] or an air traffic control tower operator certificate

[quote]12th month after the month of the date of examination shown on the medical certificate.

You're not allowed to fly with an expired medical certification or one that doesn't correspond with your type of pilot license. I have a PPL — that is the one that's valid for 24/60 months, depending on age. If I wanted to, I could go and have a class II or class I medical exam and receive that type of medical certificate, but it wouldn't have any bearing on my license, because the PPL is the lowest grade of pilot license.

It doesn't work the other way around; if you have a CPL, you need a class II or class I medical certification. You can't be a commercial pilot with class III medical.

by Anonymousreply 182June 4, 2021 6:11 PM

Ugh. That should have been [ / bold ], obviously

by Anonymousreply 183June 4, 2021 6:12 PM

Thanks, R182. Any thoughts on why the record was suddenly updated from the weekend when the med exam appears to have been in 2019? Is a significant delay in processing common?

by Anonymousreply 184June 4, 2021 6:19 PM

Thoughts and prayers for the poor innocent capybara or whatever species it was that was being forced to live on this woman's head.

by Anonymousreply 185June 4, 2021 6:29 PM

W&W R185.

by Anonymousreply 186June 4, 2021 6:38 PM

[quote] Chapter Two: Christian Diet Guru Gwen Shamblin Lara Penetrates Percy Priest!

Oh my, that does sound quite scandalous, I sure hope that it was all done with the utmost proper Christian dignity, as all deep penetrations should be.

by Anonymousreply 187June 4, 2021 6:43 PM

[quote]Cynthia Nixon’s wife as Brandon

That's ROJO CALIENTE to you!

by Anonymousreply 188June 4, 2021 6:44 PM

I don't know why that would be, R184. When Tarzan's license first came up, I checked the database and all of my info was up to date.

A delay in updating isn't something I had ever even thought about. You fill out an online FAA questionnaire, get the exam, take your hard copy and go. The doctor's office is supposed to do everything else.

by Anonymousreply 189June 4, 2021 6:45 PM

[quote] My entire fist slid up her pussy. —Rescue Diver

Oh my, that is quite the graphic visual

by Anonymousreply 190June 4, 2021 7:01 PM

[quote] Has the daughter eaten anything yet?

Yes, she’s just fine. She had a tic tac for lunch followed by a sensible dinner - two peas and a kernel of corn. There’s nothing to see here people, move on

by Anonymousreply 191June 4, 2021 7:06 PM

[quote] Goodbye Gwen Shamblin

Though I never knew you at all

You had the grace to starve yourself

Into a toothpick stuck in a hairball

Because Jesus hates fatties

And he whispered in your brain

Then set you on the treadmill

And enlarged your ratty mane

And it seems to me you lived your life

Like a thread in the blowhard wind

Never knowing who to cling to

When the cravings set in

And I’m glad I didn’t know you

Because I like to eat

Your candle was snuffed out in a lake

We knew God could smell a fake

—Sir Elton's lyricist

That was lovely, just lovely. She and hair thank you for honoring her memory so eloquently

by Anonymousreply 192June 4, 2021 7:11 PM

I just thought of something. Class I and II medical certificates automatically drop down to the next class upon their expiration when the lower class has a longer expiration period. So while he could fly the plane, he couldn't make any money from it.

A godly man would never fly with a class III — non-commercial — medical certificate and accept payment for his services and/or write those trips off as business expenses, so I'm sure there's nothing to worry about.

by Anonymousreply 193June 4, 2021 7:27 PM

[quote]She had a tic tac for lunch followed by a sensible dinner - two peas and a kernel of corn.

But, following her mother's dictates, before she had the second pea, she meditated and prayed on it, to make sure she was still actually hungry and not just stuffing her face.

by Anonymousreply 194June 4, 2021 8:46 PM

That bitch will be on Dr Now’s show by next year!

by Anonymousreply 195June 4, 2021 8:48 PM

By Gwen's logic, a Tic Tac as a meal would be fine. But mints aren't allowed between meals because the hand-to-mouth motion gets hijacked by the devil and he uses it to trick the brain into mistaking head hunger for stomach hunger. We do NOT feed head hunger!

by Anonymousreply 196June 4, 2021 9:18 PM

She must have been a hard core drinker if TARZAN sounded more competent.

From FJ: "My brother was into drama and he sometimes used the expression "fighting her lines" to describe someone who hadn't really learned her lines and was struggling to say them correctly. That's how I would describe Gwen's sermons. She always seems to be "fighting her lines", struggling to figure out what to say and how to say it, and not really managing it.

The weird thing is that she wasn’t saying anything new, so she should have had it down. It should not have been such a struggle to talk about the thing she had been talking about for decades. I really think one of the reasons they stopped the live chats was because she absolutely could not answer questions. That and the fact that slip up and admit to things like drinking too much. Those live chats weren’t a good look for her. Especially since Joe could answer questions and sound like a competent human."

by Anonymousreply 197June 4, 2021 10:52 PM

Tarzan was plotting to take over her empire.

by Anonymousreply 198June 4, 2021 11:55 PM

Elizabeth and Brandon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199June 5, 2021 12:35 AM

What an absolutely disgusting photo. I told her again and again that a strapless gown would make her look fat. But did Miss Piggy Hippo listen to me? Heck to the no.

by Anonymousreply 200June 5, 2021 2:30 AM

And she had the gall to eat cake on her wedding day! CAKE!

by Anonymousreply 201June 5, 2021 2:32 AM

You just know that the Zombie Gwen Shamblin Lara costume will be *the* one to beat this Halloween. Get your wig NOW.

by Anonymousreply 202June 5, 2021 2:53 AM

I certainly hope the bride is wearing a bustle under that wedding gown at R199. Otherwise she gives "fat ass" whole new meaning.

by Anonymousreply 203June 5, 2021 4:39 AM

Reading about this cult and its leaders makes me wonder if sheer bloody hunger affected their decision-making i.e. loading down the plane with too much luggage. Gwen had dizzy spells and couldn’t articulate her own teachings, hello? That sounds like ongoing dysfunction. Idiot! So is anyone who follows her ideas.

by Anonymousreply 204June 5, 2021 6:09 AM

One need only have looked at her hairdo to know that Gwen had more than a few screws loose.

by Anonymousreply 205June 5, 2021 6:14 AM

Anyone planning to stream the RF service this am?

by Anonymousreply 206June 5, 2021 1:45 PM

RF stream

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207June 5, 2021 1:52 PM

I just got hypnotized watching the picture show on that lifestream link. Joe had a botched eye job. Gwen's dizzying array of little girl dresses, bad hair, and crazy eyes!

by Anonymousreply 208June 5, 2021 2:03 PM

Joe defo had some bad work. Quite a few kids lost a parent(s) although hopefully Joe's daughter is now out of the cult.

by Anonymousreply 209June 5, 2021 2:09 PM

R209- I have been meaning to say that. Most men look so bad after eye jobs. So feminine and it always looks wrong and either pulled tight or all hollowed and scooped out.

Less is more for men.

by Anonymousreply 210June 5, 2021 2:29 PM

That otherwise-sexless boy singer in the Live Stream just now has a lot of junk filling that too-tight crotchal region.

by Anonymousreply 211June 5, 2021 2:39 PM

Wow excellent PR having that black dude on first.

by Anonymousreply 212June 5, 2021 2:45 PM

r212, and he's nervous and rocking as he tried to maintain a calm visage (while gulping) when the old white guy speaks.

I'm noticing they have great and flattering cameras. The stage camera is set low and slightly stretches the body making everybody look thinner and taller. Good work, Gwennie! Shame you aren't here to enjoy it.

by Anonymousreply 213June 5, 2021 2:49 PM

R213 these fundie churches are like going to a concert. Big screens, lights, cameras!!

by Anonymousreply 214June 5, 2021 2:51 PM

Esp after Gwen declared racism is not real in a no phones meeting and most other black families walked out, quite something for a cult, where many had cut off family and relocated to participate.

The guy speaking now also did a tv interview, has quite a grifter vibe.

I do feel bad for the kids who lost a parent, except Joe's daughter. He tried to cut off her mother and claimed that the mom had sexually abused the little girl. Gwen's $ fueled a vicious custody battle. Glad she will not grow up in a pro ana cult. Gwen and Joe were a lot alike. He was doing odd jobs in TN and she basically cast him as her 2nd hubs based on his appearance and some Disney princess fantasies. Loathesome people. That the cult went all out to defend parents WHO KILLED THEIR CHILD is telling. They still participate from prison. The dead kid's older brother helped put them away with his testimony. If anyone prays, pray for that kid.

I hope Gwen and Joe suffered. Not only grifters but DUMB. Why cut off all those Christian churches with her made up mishmash doctrine. Talk about DUMB. But, she had gotten mainstream attention then, if that had continued maybe the cult would have fallen apart sooner.

The Gwen Joe engagement and wedding videos are beyond creepy. WHAT is it when an elderly woman wants to play princess. Not a mid-life crisis, is there even a word for it? And I thought fundies did not like women in charge?

by Anonymousreply 215June 5, 2021 2:52 PM

From FJ, wonder how this aspect will play out? Martyrdom?

"True, but there’s a Difference: In Christianity their ramblings are said to point to the coming of the Messiah (aka Jesus of Nazareth),

and in Judaism the same ramblings are studied and speculated upon and parsed as part of the mystery of G-d’s revelations to the people of G-D.

In the case of the RF, neither appears to be the case. Except possibly to emphasize that for behavior (aka disobedience to RF), G-d will smite you beyond smithereens.

I wonder if they will tone that down now. Blessings and curses and all that.

Because if, as RF insists, Joe was a healthy experienced pilot and super careful in plane maintenance and it couldn't possibly be human error because it would make it Joe's fault, why are they dead? Did somebody smite them?"

by Anonymousreply 216June 5, 2021 2:54 PM

Buy a fucking lectern! It looks sloppy having people just stand in front of a mic with scraps of paper!

by Anonymousreply 217June 5, 2021 2:58 PM

That lady looks a bit large for RF, no? They need the token black members, the ones who did not walk out when Gwen declared racism is not real in a no phones meeting, or else they likely would have shunned this woman.

by Anonymousreply 218June 5, 2021 3:14 PM

Per Free Jinger pretty much all were recruited to the cult through the WDW, almost all women, then the men were drawn in too. They particularly targeted the young and encouraged them to move to TN and live with wealthy members. If Gwen did not care for your profession she would direct you to change it.

by Anonymousreply 219June 5, 2021 3:16 PM

Why does that lady seem so excited and happy given the occasion?

by Anonymousreply 220June 5, 2021 3:17 PM

David was straight? Was this his fuck buddy?

by Anonymousreply 221June 5, 2021 3:27 PM

R220 you tell me

by Anonymousreply 222June 5, 2021 3:28 PM

At least this guy seems upset, as is appropriate for the occasion.

by Anonymousreply 223June 5, 2021 3:39 PM

Several speakers have mentioned Michelle/Elizabeth, the creepy and ill looking ANA daughter. I think they may first try to have her inherit the mantle. She has 4 young kids and also just lost her husband, shame their well being could not be her focus. These people really are about power and money.

by Anonymousreply 224June 5, 2021 3:52 PM

Jennifer looks quite ana in some of the photos too.

Wonder if some of the kids have stunted height due to calorie restriction. Gwen used to speak of her very young daughter asking for food and denying it to her. Sick bunch.

Glad that mainstream churches cut her off so the ana cult did not become even more widespread.

by Anonymousreply 225June 5, 2021 3:55 PM

The son, Michael, has also been mentioned in an "annointed" kind of way but did not speak live, he did a taped remembrance, not sure what else to call it.

The read statements by the orphaned kids are quite tragic. Shame they got on a small jet in overcast weather with an inept pilot who was none too bright. I know parents who do not travel on the same plane for this reason. Wonder if the daughters of the dead will double down on ana behaviors now?

by Anonymousreply 226June 5, 2021 4:00 PM

Not too many mentions of God, more of GWEN.

by Anonymousreply 227June 5, 2021 4:01 PM

I can see why mainstream Christian churches turned their back on the cult teachings which deified Gwen.

From FJ:

"They're reading letters from two Martin daughters... And this is the second time they've mentioned someone being "ultimately loyal to Gwen Shambling." Not God - GWEN. The first daughter said loyal to Gwen and God but I think it's telling that the second letter is just saying over and over and over "loyal to GWEN SHAMBLIN LARA." NOT loyal to God, NOT loyal to Christ, NOT loyal to the Word... Loyal to GWEN.

If any RF people are reading this - please note this. It is not only in the one letter - it has been this entire service.

The previous speaker even said that David Martin always told people he would be willing to lay down his life in defense of Gwen's ministry. He didn't say "lay down my life for God". It was "lay down my life for Gwen".

by Anonymousreply 228June 5, 2021 4:03 PM

RF has eerie similarities to Jonestown. Instead of kool-aid, starvation.

by Anonymousreply 229June 5, 2021 4:03 PM

Someone is talking about them laying down their lives for the salvation of the RF congregation, suspect most Christians would say the Martins were not JC. So martyrs I guess.

by Anonymousreply 230June 5, 2021 4:07 PM

[quote] much of the recovery being done by touch vs sight

eww

by Anonymousreply 231June 5, 2021 4:09 PM

What was up with David and all the bracelets he wore?

by Anonymousreply 232June 5, 2021 4:21 PM

The color coding is so strange - white shirts with white ties?

by Anonymousreply 233June 5, 2021 4:24 PM

In a long shot it appears the room is not full.

Maybe the schism of a few weeks ago re: Gwen declaring racism is not real (no phones allowed) and now this, the cult is starting to implode a bit?

by Anonymousreply 234June 5, 2021 4:28 PM

One of Elizabeth/Michelle's young daughters also looks underweight. Odd for very young girls to be wearing makeup and scarlet lipstick in photos.

Seems she is going to grasp at the cult leader role. Hopefully one day she will recover from her own ANA. She is said to be a mean girl like her mother and to have been a dedicated flying monkey/enforcer of cult rules.

by Anonymousreply 235June 5, 2021 4:30 PM

[quote]Wonder if the daughters of the dead will double down on ana behaviors now?

They had better, if they don't want me Fruma Sarah-ing them from the grave.

by Anonymousreply 236June 5, 2021 4:33 PM

Many of the men are quite emotional.

Very sad for the kids.

Cults are scary. Lovebombing and isolation are effective.

Surprised the portly son did not speak. Wonder what his dad thinks? He was never really part of the church and seemed to get out with a good multimillion dollar divorce settlement. Tarzan never seemed to like Gwen much, he was just cast for the Disney princess consort role. He was in over his head with that plane and re: the weather and killed 6 other people. Maybe Gwen should have stuck with the chubby hubby of decades.

by Anonymousreply 237June 5, 2021 4:35 PM

I have never seen people stand and applaud at a memorial service? This veers between very sad and cult pep rally.

by Anonymousreply 238June 5, 2021 4:41 PM

White tie guy was a founder and may be one who came up with the RF name.

by Anonymousreply 239June 5, 2021 4:42 PM

Gwen held cotton candy at the Eiffel Tower.

by Anonymousreply 240June 5, 2021 4:43 PM

Just to say I so appreciate the posts here on this forum. As I learn about this cult I’m just stunned. Just stunned how Gwen and her ana bs turned-into-a-ministry even got a forum.

Clearly “Elizabeth” (Michelle) doesn’t have Gwen’s starvation charisma. I pray this ridiculous Remnant “Church” just folds.

I’m just here for the financials. But I have to wonder how Joe Lara even got visitation with his daughter.

by Anonymousreply 241June 5, 2021 4:56 PM

[quote]Gwen held cotton candy at the Eiffel Tower.

Are you sure that wasn't her hair?

by Anonymousreply 242June 5, 2021 5:26 PM

R241, he alleged he mother sexually abused the child so as to try to cut her off entirely. Gwen had the money to fight in court. The mother had objected to some of the cult practices/people around the young girl and so Gwen and Tarzan went nuclear is my understanding.

Prior to the grifter attaching himself to Gwen and her $$$ he had been doing odd jobs.

I hope the little girl has been returned to her mom and that she can heal and not develop EDs. She was fortunate in that she had her mom's slim build so she does not look like she was starved, but, who knows what impact living with Gwen would have on a young kid? Her own daughter is ana, her son, chubby.

by Anonymousreply 243June 5, 2021 5:37 PM

This image shows how ill with ANA the daughter is. Cults are no joke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244June 5, 2021 6:14 PM

The daughter is very ill. ANA is one of the deadliest mental illnesses. So sick that Gwen monetized it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245June 5, 2021 6:18 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246June 5, 2021 6:19 PM

More from nutty pilot guy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247June 5, 2021 6:25 PM

Agree with nutso that it is reminiscent of Jim Jones.

by Anonymousreply 248June 5, 2021 6:27 PM

Probable Cause: Dan Gryder 22.5K subscribers

Joe went from renting a Hawk XP to taking dual instruction in an MU-2 to attempting solo IMC flight with passengers in the jet N66BK

I am sorry if you’re offended but these people were wealthy religious evangelists. She was kicked out of the Church of Christ, hence the name “remnant”

She sold her retail weight control product called “Weigh Down” all across the country.

The only thing missing here is the purple a Kool-Aid but they are all just as dead.

by Anonymousreply 249June 5, 2021 6:27 PM

5Rounds Rapid 41 minutes ago The “pilot” was apparently a knockoff Joel Osteen, and even had the bad haircut. These are the kind of people Christ ran out of the temple with a whip.

by Anonymousreply 250June 5, 2021 6:29 PM

Dave Warstler 2 hours ago The first thing my wife (lifelong franklin resident) said when i told her the people on board went to Remnant was, (without missing a beat) "oh that's a cult"

by Anonymousreply 251June 5, 2021 6:30 PM

Robert Johnson 1 hour ago Dan, not offended at all, and agree with you 100%!!! You summed it up, Jim Jones style cult. They even had the "look" of crooked televangelists. Look at her hair and makeup, look at his facial look, eyebrows. The look of the typical televangelist scammers!

CaliforniaFly 45 minutes ago Remember Jim and Tammy Faye Baker? They scared the hell out of me!

by Anonymousreply 252June 5, 2021 6:31 PM

If this is true, he must have oversped the plane and it was breaking apart in air. The nutty pilot expert guy had plotted the flight and speeds and it had appeared that it exceeded or came close to the do not exceed speed, others had noted the same. Must have been terrifying last minutes. For all the harm they did on Earth, hope Joe & Gwen suffered.

g6rcteam 1 hour ago Dan they have video of recovering parts from land in the trees.

by Anonymousreply 253June 5, 2021 6:34 PM

Darryl frost 1 hour ago They should have used some of the money to pay for a professional pilot...

Pulaski Pulaski 1 hour ago Probably couldn't afford it - the plane was just a $200k crate, when a modern executive jet will cost of the order of 100 times more.

Winter Came 34 minutes ago @Pulaski Gwen should have given Joe a bigger allowance. And hired a private pilot so Joe could take the right hand seat. She could well afford both.

Pulaski 28 minutes ago @Winter Came Fair point, but she should also have bought a better plane.

ronald bedford 12 minutes ago @Pulaski ,When you exceed VNE it wouldnt matter what they flew in.The whole "cult" thing that Dan talks about will fall right into the "pilot Personality" category.

by Anonymousreply 254June 5, 2021 6:36 PM

I didn't watch it, but was Tedd Anger (Ahn-zhay) the white-tie guy?

The ex-members on Free Jinger always describe him as Gwen's enforcer. Tedd was the one they really worried about.

David Martin's persona was more like that of a youth pastor, even though that was Elizabeth and Brandon's department. David seems like he was mainly interested in wearing ostentatious clothes, singing at weddings, and playing good cop to Tedd's bad.

Using my own prophetin' skills, I predict Elizabeth will trust and depend on Tedd too much and then, where'd mah cult go?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255June 5, 2021 6:38 PM

Gwen was some piece of work for sure. Her divorce docs are floating around online, she was extremely wealthy. Her cult encouraged child abuse and aggressively defended a couple who murdered their young child. The couple is still involved with the cult from prison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256June 5, 2021 6:38 PM

Some believe there is an upside down cross on the top of the expensive RF building. There were photos of Gwen doing the "diamond" hand gesture, like Jay Z, that flashed up during the service. Wonder what that was about?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257June 5, 2021 6:43 PM

Looking forward to the documentary on RF that is set to air in 2022. Hopefully it will help educate people so they are less likely to fall prey to such groups.

The Sun is wrong about the year she married Tarzan, it was very recent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258June 5, 2021 6:45 PM

Michael was cute when he was a bit younger and thinner. Looks a bit like the Echo & The Bunnymen singer, which less poofy hair.

He spoke of this image and the art his mother installed in the sanctuary. WTAF is this?

Looks like a custom chandelier, Restoration Hardware crossed with a crown of thorns but a bit industrial. Gwen was a nutter but she had $$$ for days. Enough to pay off original hubs with millions and hire new boy toy. He had a good allowance and high end toys and all those Bachelorette style vids must have cost a lot too. The vineyards, the multiple properties, the travel, being a cult leader can be the route to a high end life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259June 5, 2021 7:20 PM

Wonder if Michael &/or his wife will challenge his sister for power and $? Why did both women change their names? Michael was cute when younger & thinner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260June 5, 2021 7:22 PM

Odd that neither of her children attended the service in person. Just vids from them. Odd for a parent's memorial and odd if they want to take over. The room was not full, also seems odd.

Rumors that others are angling to take over the grift.

Wonder how current that doc that has been underway will go re: the battle for control?

by Anonymousreply 261June 5, 2021 7:32 PM

Her children seem to lack her cult leader charisma or ruthlessness, thus not appearing at the service to speak live today. Of course, the daughter also lost her husband.

I think they often showed old vids of Gwen speaking so that should hold the core for a while. Seems like you need the charisma to draw in the new dupes though?

Did Elizabeth work? I saw a bit of her husband's friend/colleague speaking of her taking over the RE biz. She also has 4 young kids who lost a parent. 3 hats would be a lot to wear. Wonder if he had life insurance? Michelle/Elizabeth has such a Handmaid's Tale vibe going on. The brother's wife Erin/Elle seems a bit more outgoing. Lots of $$$ at stake so there is sure to be a behind the scenes battle.

by Anonymousreply 262June 5, 2021 7:41 PM

Son & daughter do not seem to have the high power grift gene

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263June 5, 2021 7:42 PM

Is there a limit to how much I can give?

by Anonymousreply 264June 6, 2021 10:54 AM

^Is there a Limit to how much you Love the Lord???

by Anonymousreply 265June 6, 2021 11:33 AM

They did highlight the donate button during the service. Are you prepared to give up eating, R264? Wait for "the growl" every 36 hours?

by Anonymousreply 266June 6, 2021 12:55 PM

I’ve never cared less about 7 people dying in my life! What a wicked witch this cunt was.

by Anonymousreply 267June 6, 2021 1:06 PM

I would guess that the thing that caused the plane to be overweight and crash was that secret package of M&Ms that her son-in-law had in his pocket.

by Anonymousreply 268June 6, 2021 5:31 PM

Tedd Anger's 55 pound weight loss, before and after:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269June 6, 2021 9:24 PM

Someone keeps mentioning FJ. What the hell is FJ?

by Anonymousreply 270June 7, 2021 4:02 AM

[quote]Tedd Anger's 55 pound weight loss, before and after:

Remember, per Gwen, his last name is pronounced Awn-jay. And he appears to have wet himself in the after picture.

by Anonymousreply 271June 7, 2021 4:09 AM

It’s Free Jinger, a site where ex-fundies and never-fundies laugh at fundies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272June 7, 2021 4:11 AM

She was a true Datalounger - NEVER get fat! No matter what, just don’t. There is no excuse to be a porker!

by Anonymousreply 273June 7, 2021 4:28 AM

She referred to her toddler grandson as a real porker. She also bragged that when her own daughter was tiny she would ask for food and Gwen would deny her.

by Anonymousreply 274June 7, 2021 11:41 AM

[quote] She also bragged that when her own daughter was tiny she would ask for food and Gwen would deny her.

I guess karma caught up with Gwen in a big way.

by Anonymousreply 275June 7, 2021 4:09 PM

I wanted to send a sympathy arrangement made from candy bars. I was going to sign the card from the gurls at DataLounge.

by Anonymousreply 276June 7, 2021 4:24 PM

A parishioner once sent me an Edible Arrangement. I had her excommunicated.

by Anonymousreply 277June 7, 2021 6:13 PM

They are rolling out her content as normal on SM. Yikes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278June 8, 2021 8:15 PM

How many pairs of those hideous black platform shoes did she own?

by Anonymousreply 279June 8, 2021 8:19 PM

^Good Lord! Where did she find those ugly things?!

by Anonymousreply 280June 8, 2021 8:57 PM

2:20 “When he is flying, he is uber careful. Very uber careful”.

Sadly, there’s no chance of a take two.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281June 8, 2021 11:14 PM

^ Just like the hair, the shoes also put her closer to God.

by Anonymousreply 282June 8, 2021 11:17 PM

They should have called an Uber

by Anonymousreply 283June 8, 2021 11:23 PM

I haven't read through this thread and haven't heard from any other source, but have they found all the bodies yet?

by Anonymousreply 284June 8, 2021 11:28 PM

R-284: there were no bodies recovered, only remains.. the word around town— there either a lung or lungs plural that were found floating in the water.

Most popular opinion was that he pulled the plane apart in flight.. but the damage field turned out to be much smaller than they initially believed. Strong possibility that he inverted the plane due to spatial disorientation and then believing that he was climbing & regaining altitude-drove it nose first into the lake.

Not much left to recover as far as bodies go. A big chunk of the plane is still on the bottom of the lake.

by Anonymousreply 285June 8, 2021 11:45 PM

Oh well, the fish and turtles will eat well for a while.

by Anonymousreply 286June 8, 2021 11:47 PM

R284, seven bodies that were at least together enough to be identified as male or female at the scene, according to some of the local tv news reports on the day of recovery.

The Rutherford County Fire Department announced that positive identification of all seven bodies had been made by Thursday the 3rd.

From another source:

[quote]Crews looking for debris and human remains from the private jet that crashed into Percy Priest Lake on Saturday have found seven bodies — four male and three female — along with both engines and much of the fuselage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287June 9, 2021 12:18 AM

Yet another reason I hate swimming in large bodies of water. God knows what could float by. Shudder.

by Anonymousreply 288June 9, 2021 12:51 AM

[quote]Crews Have Recovered Remains In Plane Crash That Killed Remnant Fellowship Leaders

So I guess now we know that they weren't in the cabins.

by Anonymousreply 289June 9, 2021 1:02 AM

But it doesn't answer the question we all need to know, did they find THE WIG?

by Anonymousreply 290June 9, 2021 4:13 AM

Thank you R285, 287. I still check this thread because it’s an airflight mystery, perhaps similar to JFK Jr, and utter scammy bizarre cultishness.

How could these assumingely well-educated well-off Remnant followers be so stupid? My sister fell into a uber right-wing Pentecostal cult in the early 70s. She cut off family, got married, and had 2 kids. When she wanted to leave the church 12 years later they just messed her up.

I’m glad Gwen et al are dead and pray her mumbo jumbo “church” goes down. I cannot wait to see the financials.

How our tax code allows this “religious” bs needs to be fixed.

by Anonymousreply 291June 10, 2021 2:44 PM

R291, a docu was underway well before the crash. It is due to hit a "streaming site" in early 2022, perhaps it will shed some light. From posts at FJ it seems that women were drawn in through WDW and they brought in the men. Gwen also targeted young people.

Scientology survived the death of L Ron, I hope the same will not be true for this ana cult.

by Anonymousreply 292June 10, 2021 2:48 PM

I will eagerly await the doc. I’m grateful someone started a doc to expose this cult.

It’s been a year since the Lori Vallow kiddos were found, murdered by the insane Vallow/Daybell religion beliefs and ignored by the lackadaisical Chandler/Gilbert Arizona police force.

Our US tax code encourages this religious bs. It must be changed.

by Anonymousreply 293June 10, 2021 3:28 PM

Where can I send my check to help the poorest of the poor???

by Anonymousreply 294June 10, 2021 3:30 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295June 11, 2021 5:37 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296June 11, 2021 8:15 PM

Gwen's cult members struck me more as the Hungriest People in the World.

by Anonymousreply 297June 11, 2021 8:23 PM

The Gospel According to Gwen: Fritos may be traced back to biblical times. Why, there's even a recipe.

"Keep in mind that the Israelites, God’s people, ate processed foods. In Leviticus 2, they used the most finely ground flour, fats, and salts to make bread, which is very similar to our present-day Frito."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298June 11, 2021 8:23 PM

Esp the creepy AF daughter

by Anonymousreply 299June 11, 2021 8:24 PM

Freetoes, anyone?

by Anonymousreply 300June 11, 2021 8:26 PM

Remember to lick, not chew and swallow your Fritos.

by Anonymousreply 301June 11, 2021 8:26 PM

Satan wants you to swallow.

by Anonymousreply 302June 11, 2021 8:29 PM

This family photo looks as though they could have been dressed up for Hallloween.

It most likely was a random Tuesday.

Creepy AF

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303June 11, 2021 8:37 PM

Some concerning allegations about the son and potential heir at R295. Wonder if more will come out in the doc slated for 2022?

by Anonymousreply 304June 11, 2021 8:40 PM

Horrific, R303. Six fat hogs.

by Anonymousreply 305June 11, 2021 8:43 PM

Her constant pushing of grocery-store food, as she called it, was because her own diet consisted of French fries, chips, bacon/breakfast sausage, and diet soda.

One of her big things was prioritizing the food on your plate and then eating tiny bites of your favorite item (or two) with a drink in between each bite. It was just a way to avoid eating vegetables.

The best was her assertion that if you’re truly eating with god in your heart and not going one bite beyond what it takes to stop The Growl, he rewards you by turning [italic]whatever[/italic] you eat into the perfect balance of nutrients needed by your body.

If your “eating occasions” for the day add up to 3 Doritos, an Oreo, and a piece of bacon, god performs his witchcraft and ensures you’ve had just the right number of calories and met the RDA for every vitamin.

by Anonymousreply 306June 11, 2021 9:00 PM

R303, what I see in that photo is someone who hasn't a clue how to use a sewing machine. Those all are homemade dresses of the worst possible construction.

by Anonymousreply 307June 11, 2021 9:18 PM

I wonder when we’re going to hear from the NTSB? The preliminary report usually takes around two weeks, so hopefully we’ll get it at the beginning of next week.

The preliminary doesn’t really say much of anything but it will answer some of the questions I have about GPS data, the state of the plane, and Tarzan’s logged hours.

It will also be fun to watch Dan Gryder going nuts and contradicting every single thing the NTSB says, as though he has more accurate information, because that is his raison d'être.

by Anonymousreply 308June 11, 2021 9:19 PM

R303, those dresses are like Gunne Sax crossed with gunny sacks.

by Anonymousreply 309June 11, 2021 9:48 PM

Magnolia Pearl is one of brands Gwen promoted, which is funny because their clothes look like they’re patched together from Remnants retrieved from a sweatshop dumpster.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310June 11, 2021 10:09 PM

That seals the deal, R310. Gwen was DERANGED.

by Anonymousreply 311June 11, 2021 10:13 PM

R310, they basically took a checklist of everything that could turn tacky and combined it into one garment.

by Anonymousreply 312June 11, 2021 10:14 PM

$450! That schmatta at R310 is $450!

by Anonymousreply 313June 11, 2021 10:15 PM

[quote]what I see in that photo is someone who hasn't a clue how to use a sewing machine. Those all are homemade dresses of the worst possible construction.

I'm worried. 😟

by Anonymousreply 314June 11, 2021 11:05 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315June 11, 2021 11:14 PM

ANA cult, R315, straight up

by Anonymousreply 316June 11, 2021 11:27 PM

She looks like his mother, he looks like a gigalo. So careful when he flies? HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA. Never get into an emergency situation where your life depends on a dumb person, esp an aging one. He is UBER careful when flying? Dimbo was in over his head with the weather and either broke up the plane or nosedived it into a lake.

Shoulda flown commercial.

Such a protector? Never married his baby mama and initiated an ugly and baseless custody suit using Gwen's cult money.

Such GROSS people. They defend child murderers. And the allegations about her son were swept under the rug while he lead the youth group with his sister. See vid linked above.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317June 11, 2021 11:33 PM

oops...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318June 14, 2021 12:58 PM

The title alone is enough for me, good find, R319.

The rumors @ Michael himself are truly disturbing too. Seems he was not kept mainly out of sight just for being a bit chubby. Sociopathy is believed to have a genetic component after all.

by Anonymousreply 319June 14, 2021 1:40 PM

What rumors r319?

by Anonymousreply 320June 14, 2021 1:54 PM

Watch the vid linked upthread, R320.

by Anonymousreply 321June 14, 2021 2:04 PM

See R295 for info re: Michael

by Anonymousreply 322June 14, 2021 2:07 PM

The preliminary NTSB report is out. Cue Dan Gryder's unhinged corrections, including but not limited to seeing the whole plane along with several pink elephants still in the lake.

[quote]At 1055:11, the controller instructed the pilot to climb and maintain 15,000 ft msl, but there was no response. The controller then made multiple attempts to re-establish communications with the airplane; however, there were no further communications.

[quote]A review of radar data revealed that after the pilot established contact with departure control the airplane made a series of heading changes along with several climbs and descents before it entered a steep, descending left turn. The last radar return, at 1055:05, indicated the airplane was at an altitude of about 700 ft msl, descending about 31,000 ft-per-minute, on a heading of 090°.

[quote]A witness was fishing about 150 ft west of the Fate Sanders Recreation Area boat ramp located on Lake Percy Priest, about 2.7 miles northeast of MQY. He described the weather as a very low ceiling in mist. The witness heard what he thought was a low flying military jet before he saw the airplane impact the lake in a “straight down” nose first attitude. He did not see any evidence of fire or an explosion.

[quote]Examination of the accident site revealed that the airplane impacted a shallow section of the lake that was about 2 to 8-ft-deep. First responders and recovery personnel used underwater side sonar to identify larger pieces of wreckage, along with underwater rescue divers. The divers reported that the visibility in the water was poor due to the deep mud and silt that made up the lakebed.

[quote]About two-thirds of the airplane were recovered from the lake, which included both engines, the main cabin door, portions of the main cabin windows, the left nose baggage door, all three- landing gear, most of the tail section, and sections of both wings, including portions of the flaps and ailerons. Several fractured seat frames and pieces of the interior were also recovered. There was no evidence of an in-flight fire observed on any of the recovered sections of airframe or engines.

[quote]The airplane was not equipped; nor was it required to be equipped with a flight data recorder (FDR) or a cockpit voice recorder (CVR). No other sources of non-volatile recorded data were identified as being installed on the airplane. The airplane wreckage was retained for further examination.

by Anonymousreply 323June 15, 2021 9:53 PM

Thanks for posting, R323. So prob weather and pilot error?

by Anonymousreply 324June 15, 2021 9:58 PM

[quote]She had a tic tac for lunch followed by a sensible dinner - two peas and a kernel of corn.

[quote]But, following her mother's dictates, before she had the second pea, she meditated and prayed on it, to make sure she was still actually hungry and not just stuffing her face.

A veritable hog at the trough!

by Anonymousreply 325June 15, 2021 10:00 PM

This seems like a low number of hours overall and relatively little experience with the jet he was flying, no? I start to feel bad for them but then I remember the dead child whose parents RF defended zealously and I think the world is a better place. I hope her adult daughter starts eating again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326June 15, 2021 10:26 PM

To summarize r323's report...

SPLAT!

by Anonymousreply 327June 15, 2021 10:40 PM

I'm just a PPL/IFR and I'm not qualified to even guess, R324, but I'm also really cautious by nature and can say that I've never had any desire to fly that particular plane — I probably wouldn't even consider getting into one with a pilot who has flown them regularly since their heyday — knowing what I've heard about replacement parts.

by Anonymousreply 328June 15, 2021 10:43 PM

But he had it painted immediately and redid the interior, R328!

It did seem old and not super safe for sure and the witness talking about how low the cloud cover was also striking. I will check to see if Dan did a vid later. I can't believe he went out there, but, guess that is his schtick. Seems proper ghoulish, esp the grabbing "trophies."

I do hope this leads to the end of this ED and child abuse promoting cult, but L Ron kicking did not end the Scienos, so we will see.

by Anonymousreply 329June 15, 2021 11:17 PM

Here is a simulation of a recent “spatial disorientation/breakup” crash by a hobby pilot flying a Citation. The ATC exchange conveys the pilot’s confusion while he was in the soup. The Shamblin flight wasn't this long, maybe only ~90 seconds, but there may have been similar disorientation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330June 16, 2021 12:03 AM

This doesn't answer the most important question--did they find The Wig? I must know!

by Anonymousreply 331June 16, 2021 12:06 AM

I think that it is possible for pilots to train for that experience and to have more confidence relying on instruments, no?

Terrifying that by the time they cleared the clouds they were plunging straight at the lake nose down. I guess the only good thing was they did not kill anyone on the ground.

I wonder if he truly felt confident in the weather or if he felt pressure to get them to FL?

by Anonymousreply 332June 16, 2021 12:08 AM

He was dumb enough to believe that God would protect them.

by Anonymousreply 333June 16, 2021 12:11 AM

After their zeal to protect adults who murdered their child? Guess not. Had to be a terrifying few minutes but the dead 8 year old felt a lot of terror when he was locked in a trunk and beaten with glue sticks, too.

by Anonymousreply 334June 16, 2021 12:13 AM

Weren't they going to Trump rally?

by Anonymousreply 335June 16, 2021 12:31 AM

Trump was not even going to be there, but freak swinger Roger Stone was speaking. Gwen was a sponsor of that or some fundy women's event, it was never clear to me.

by Anonymousreply 336June 16, 2021 12:34 AM

[quote]I think that it is possible for pilots to train for that experience and to have more confidence relying on instruments, no?

You learn from day one to put 100% of your trust in your instruments and to disbelieve everything your brain is telling you.

It’s absolutely, positively the hardest thing about flying and the difficulty of having to put it into practice the first time they take you up in low visibility is something I can’t even begin to convey.

by Anonymousreply 337June 16, 2021 12:48 AM

Seems to be the difference between life and death quite often, esp with taking off in weather that was beyond him. Stay safe, R337. I imagine flying feels amazing but am too cautious, do not even like puddle jumpers myself.

by Anonymousreply 338June 16, 2021 1:05 AM

[quote]I guess the only good thing was they did not kill anyone on the ground.

the ONLY good thing?

by Anonymousreply 339June 16, 2021 1:20 AM

What good things were YOU thinking of R339?

by Anonymousreply 340June 16, 2021 1:41 AM

Was Gwen’s recovered?

by Anonymousreply 341June 16, 2021 1:43 AM

[quote]Seems to be the difference between life and death quite often, esp with taking off in weather that was beyond him.

Thanks, r338. I said I wasn’t going to guess, but his speed (over 300 kt/below 3000 mean sea level) while making that turn, in that plane, in that weather gives me the creeps. You could hear in his voice how stressed he was.

I think he realized he was in was in way over his head as soon as he hit the weather and he just couldn’t keep up. Whether or not a 40-year-old Citation with a shiny new paint job held up to the stress of the speed he was putting on it is something we’ll learn next year, but even with a plane in top condition the end result may very well have been the same. Once you’re in a position of trying to play catch-up, you’re in serious trouble.

Now watch me be completely wrong!

by Anonymousreply 342June 16, 2021 2:05 AM

I read comments somewhere where he kind of had that rep at that airport, always behind the plane. The thing was the weather did not CHANGE, he was out of his depth as soon as the plane took off and was climbing and turning, he seemed to get overwhelmed and disoriented. Even I could hear the stress in his voice. He was also older/middle aged and not the brightest crayon in the box, so his response to stress in an emergency was never gonna be one I'd want to bet my life on. When the YT vid guy who is not Dan plotted out the speeds it seemed really likely that he had exceeded the do not exceed speed or come very close. By the time they got below the clouds there was no time to do anything and the plane may not have been controllable at that point anyway.

In a rush to see sleazy swinger Roger Stone pontificate. Odd choice for fundies, shows the hypocrisy and narcissism.

Glad his very young daughter will not grow up in a child abusing ANA cult.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343June 16, 2021 2:40 AM

[quote]In a rush to see sleazy swinger Roger Stone pontificate.

What a hill to die on.

by Anonymousreply 344June 16, 2021 3:25 AM

An astonishing end for FUNDIES.

I can't remember, is Stone the one who made his wife with a TBI do threesomes or was that the other sleazy dude? Maybe Gwen thought it was all ok cuz Stone is thin?

by Anonymousreply 345June 16, 2021 3:31 AM

Unlike the Utah Citation crash where the pilot turned right instead of left, Joe Lara did try to turn the correct way. But then lost it. I guess the turn out of Smyrna airport has to be done to avoid Nashville International Airport commercial traffic.

The fact that these little private planes driven by hobby pilots are so close to commercial traffic is concerning.

Anyway, I so hope Joe Lara’s daughter is back with her Mom. She may have difficulty after being love-bombed by the Remnant “Church.” I hope this absurd cult is investigated and the financials are made public.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346June 16, 2021 2:50 PM

I hope the mother was not linking Michaels sexual behavior to the family tragedy of Elizabeth's baby son's death, stillborn or SIDS, the story seems to vary. Of course, if he was fucking minors, esp if he met them as a youth pastor, that is fucked up too. But if she said that and he believed it it could explain his reported substance abuse issues. What a grim story.

The docu is slated for a streaming service in 2022. Wonder how much recent events will shift the focus?

Joe really seemed out of his depth trying to execute several actions in poor visibility. Yet he had flown out of that airport. I can't help but wonder if the weight of all of those passengers and luggage may have played a role in such a small and light plane too.

by Anonymousreply 347June 16, 2021 2:54 PM

R347 Wait WHAT? Michael is the hidden “music producer” chubby son of Gwen, correct?

I guess I’ll have to go to freejinger to figure out what you are posting about. I thought Elizabeth Michelle’s baby death was hidden and maybe not even true. It’s amazing a self-starving gal carried so many pregnancies.

Everyone keeps talking about an upcoming doc. Who is doing it?

Anyway, I’m just here for the financials, future custody info of Joe Lara’s little girl, and aviation debacle. Which is more than enough!

by Anonymousreply 348June 16, 2021 3:51 PM

The vid with the info re: Michael is linked above, R348.

I am guessing the doc will stream on Netflix, if not, Amazon.

Pretty sure the baby existed and was either stillborn or died of SIDS. Elizabeth refers to 5 pregnancies, 4 children.

Gwen reportedly sent an email to a larger group accidentally that was intended for Michael. She linked his "impurity" with a "family tragedy."

by Anonymousreply 349June 16, 2021 3:55 PM

R349: Oh. Do you have a link to that email or will you make me search for it? 😥 “Impurities” can mean so much in a cult - being chubby or sexual sh*t? The lingo always twists to fit the malignant narcissist sociopath leader’s desires. Such as Gwen suddenly saying it was okay to divorce David. I will eagerly await the doc.

As I posted upthread my sister was in a Jim Baker Pentecostal cult where she had to forsake her bio family. And she gave a sh*t ton of $ to this cult church.

That’s why with a sigh of relief I hope Joe Lara’s daughter will have a way out due to this “tragic” air crash.

I eagerly await the financials. There really needs to be an honest conversation about the tax code and religious/business exclusions/depreciations.

by Anonymousreply 350June 16, 2021 4:37 PM

Michael ate the baby.

by Anonymousreply 351June 16, 2021 4:43 PM

I do not think there is a link to the email. Maybe it will be covered in the doc, doubt it though.

by Anonymousreply 352June 16, 2021 4:58 PM

I assume that with Tarzan dead she would be returned to her mother. Who else would raise her?

by Anonymousreply 353June 16, 2021 4:59 PM

Sorry about your sister, cults suck.

by Anonymousreply 354June 16, 2021 4:59 PM

[quote]I assume that with Tarzan dead she would be returned to her mother. Who else would raise her?

I will!

by Anonymousreply 355June 16, 2021 6:17 PM

Who inherits all her extra wigs and platforms?

by Anonymousreply 356June 16, 2021 7:52 PM

Her daughter's hair could certainly use some volume, R356.

by Anonymousreply 357June 16, 2021 7:58 PM

R356 - obviously Kandy Muse will.

by Anonymousreply 358June 18, 2021 3:38 PM

I sure hope Gwen read up on this beforehand...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359June 18, 2021 7:14 PM

Gryder thinks the plane was overloaded, among other issues. How ironic, for an ANA cult, no? Pilot personality and weather played huge roles too. The weather was not something they came upon, they took off in it. He killed all those people by being dumb and getting into a situation he could not handle. To go see swinger Roger Stone pontificate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360June 23, 2021 1:52 PM

Gryder is SO dramatic. But entertaining. Would be quite sad except for the dead are from a child murdering ANA cult.

by Anonymousreply 361June 23, 2021 2:06 PM

R360 Maybe Roger Stone wanted to swing on the vines with Gwen and Tarzan.

by Anonymousreply 362June 23, 2021 2:50 PM

Maybe so, R362. Too much fuel likely put it over weight too.

According to Gryder, Joe seemed extremely nervous according to others at the airport. He also used to fly his other plane with a 2nd pilot. There is not indication he had ever flown this jet in these conditions, never mind alone. Gwen's SIL was not certified for this type of plane. Others at the airport thought the RF crew were weird AF. Can't feel bad, they defended those who murdered little kids.

by Anonymousreply 363June 23, 2021 2:59 PM

R360 thank you for posting Dan’s summary. Dan Gryder and Juan Brown (and Greg Feith) are national treasures although Dan can be blow-hardish.

So it basically may come down to an overweight (ironic) jet and inexperienced pilot contemplating IFR but feeling pressured to go to a Trumpish rally. And then being disoriented in the soup, overspeeding, and maybe ripping off a flight-control mechanism.

Hopefully this cult folds. I look forward to The Flight Channel or Alec IBay doing a computer rendition.

by Anonymousreply 364June 24, 2021 3:24 PM

Same,, R364. I once heard a helicopter broadcasting about traffic go down live on air, those on board drowned. Nope. And I had a very scary experience on a puddle jumper with a professional pilot, this was incredibly reckless. And he had VERY little experience flying this plane. Per Gryder, in the past, all vids show Tarzan flying his prior plane with a licensed pilot in the right seat. The SIL was not even qualified on this jet.

With all the pilot and mechanic stories now even in mainstream media, seems that safety will have to get more questionable.

by Anonymousreply 365June 24, 2021 3:42 PM

^ pilot and mechanic SHORTAGE stories

Re: Tarzan, it was striking to me that they cleared the plane after his for takeoff w/o concern for the Cesna in the clouds, they knew it was down.

The plane being so overweight is ironic. I keep seeing YT vids of Gwen's pop up, they are clearly just continuing to roll out their prior PR schedule.

by Anonymousreply 366June 24, 2021 3:44 PM

I am sure Remnant “Church” has hired PR people in order to keep this absurd “church” alive. But they will hopefully fail.

As part of my job I flew a lot in the old Bell helicopters in the ‘70s, ‘80s. My heart was always in my throat. But the pilots were Vietnam pilots and they were professional.

I get upset just thinking how close Smyrna is to Nashville Int Airport. Joe Lara made that right turn and got away from commercial air traffic, pursuant to his flight plan. Thank goodness he did that. The thought of another GA aircraft slamming into a commercial jet like San Diego’s two infamous crashes bugs me so much.

by Anonymousreply 367June 24, 2021 4:08 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368June 25, 2021 6:27 PM

Wow, so he flunked out of Flight Safety in Atlanta and left on the 4th day. The guy who did certify him in Nashville has lost his credentials.

"This guy is an idiot. He can't fly." Dan is so blunt.

Custody battles over the remaining kids that were minors, although Brandon's kids still have their mom. Hope Joe's daughter is back with her mom.

He is not sure that Gwen and Tarzan were legally married. David Shamblin is still involved in running the Remnant businesses. Looking forward to that doc in 2022.

by Anonymousreply 369June 25, 2021 6:38 PM

I wonder if the custody battles are family trying to get kids out of the cult or people fighting over custody w/in the cult as money will be attached.

I can't believe he flunked flight safety on this plane and still took off in heavy clouds with all of those people on it. Did any of them know? Did they believe he had qualified in Atlanta? Was this a deliberate act? Took out much of the senior leadership of the cult - was Joe in over his head and he took an out?

by Anonymousreply 370June 25, 2021 6:42 PM

I wonder if Gwen even knew about Tarzan's shady flight credentials. She didn't seem like someone who handled disappointment well, so I bet Tarzan lied to her all the time.

by Anonymousreply 371June 25, 2021 6:44 PM

Joe was legally removed from the LLC partnership set up by David Shamblin in May, not long before the crash. Gwen was the registered agent when the paperwork was filed, she was still using Gwen Shamblin. It is all so CRAZY. Will have to take a spin through FJ soon.

by Anonymousreply 372June 25, 2021 6:48 PM

Dan Gryder’s latest video (#3 on this crash) questions the marriage legality as well as the Designated Pilot Examiner’s certifications. It’s nice Dan is asking questions but answers are still forthcoming.

Gwen and Joe did have a marriage license. Whether they had a legal marriage is still unknown. I think Dan brings this up as well as the LLP as the NTSB always looks at suicide/murder motivations.

Joe Lara’s DPE may have had his credentials pulled during the investigation. It doesn’t mean the DPE certified an unqualified pilot. But unknown is if this is protocol for a NTSB investigation.

Dan says Joe left Flight Safety International Atlanta after 4 days. A Free Jinger or YouTube poster says there is a Remnant video saying Joe attended 12 days and passed. I’m too lazy to search for the video. But it appears Joe tried to get FSI certified, didn’t, and thus sought certification from a private DPE.

Earlier speculation was that Joe’s medical certificate lapsed but the “church” produced the Nov 2019 cert. There has been no explanation as to why the FAA database didn’t show it.

I am just guessing, but I think Joe was fully certified to fly the GA Citation jet. Which I find horrifying as he may have experienced spatial disorientation and panic. Plus he may have allowed the aircraft to be overweight with people and fuel.

To think these ill-equipped hobby pilots are out there just blows my mind.

by Anonymousreply 373June 28, 2021 2:53 PM

The LLC issue and the "ex-husband" still an exec of RF last spring are a bit shocking.

He did seem a bit like someone hired to play "Bachelor goes to RF" and did not seem into Gwen, but why did she want those Bachelorette type vids as an elderly woman? Nut case.

Dan is a bit dramatic himself. There cannot be that many custody battles, there are few minors who lost both parents. Elizabeth seems to be taking up the mantle, but one can hope that this child abuse promoting, ANA inducing cult will fall apart with time. Glad he is on it though as people seem to be feeding him info.

Curious if the cult put out incorrect info re: Joe - were they misled or was it deliberate? I guess it is possible that the database may have been incorrect re: his medical. All of this does not bring anyone back from the dead but it may well matter re: insurance cases and liability.

by Anonymousreply 374June 28, 2021 7:58 PM

They say all plane crashes lead to more advanced airflight engineering due to spilled blood.

I hope this crash leads to more than blood engineering. I hope there are assessments about how rigorous GA certifications are, “religious” tax exemptions, and custody evaluations when one parent is whacko committed to a church.

These folks were going to a Roger Stone rally and yet they probably were able to deduct the whole trip as a “church expense.”

At least Joe made that right turn away from BNA so I’ll give him that.

by Anonymousreply 375June 28, 2021 8:59 PM

Was a bit shocking that they let the next plane take off in the cloud cover, they knew he was not in the air. But, did not hit any houses at least. Wasn't Roger Stone known for swinging in addition to his politics? Could swear I saw a photo somewhere of HIM dressed as Tarzan.

That the daughter sent out that "church will go on" message immediately after getting word that the plane was no longer on radar, losing her husband, mother and church leaders, suggests she is a sociopathic as Gwen.

by Anonymousreply 376June 28, 2021 9:05 PM

The daughter is probably delirious with joy. She now gets to control everything and get all the $$$.

by Anonymousreply 377June 28, 2021 9:29 PM

She is also likely delirious with STARVATION, have you seen her?!

And if bro is a sex pest and addict she has only her SIL for real competition, perhaps.

by Anonymousreply 378June 28, 2021 10:04 PM

sil?

by Anonymousreply 379June 28, 2021 10:49 PM

Her sister in law, the druggie alleged sex pest brother's wife, think her name may be Erin? was also spoken of as someone who may take over. She changed her name too, just like Elizabeth, the daughter. Very Handmaid's Tale vib, to go with the starvation and beating and murder of children. Gwen demanded that the women in RF NOT exercise, probably would have made them feel stronger and thus too independent. Hope it all falls apart, evil people.

Brandon, Elizabeth's dead husband, ran a RE firm that had pretty much only RF clients. She is supposedly taking over that and raising 4 kids too.

by Anonymousreply 380June 28, 2021 11:33 PM

^ vibe

by Anonymousreply 381June 28, 2021 11:33 PM

I have heard of Erin being considered for leadership too but I'm not sure she'd be able to long term. Her eyes in photos scream 'traumatized' to me. Plus I feel like she and Michael might divorce soon, and if so, either he or her will have to get the hell out of there. Michael hasn't been wearing his wedding ring recently... And I don't think it's just because of the extra weight.

by Anonymousreply 382June 28, 2021 11:43 PM

How can Elizabeth wear SO many hats while she is dealing with grief and has 4 young grief stricken kids?

by Anonymousreply 383June 29, 2021 1:46 AM

R246 & R247 why does it always look like she has some kind of dead animal on her head.

by Anonymousreply 384June 29, 2021 2:42 AM

We can't ask her @ her wig cuz she is dead.

by Anonymousreply 385June 29, 2021 3:30 AM

New vid

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386July 12, 2021 2:47 AM

OMG. Just wanted to thank everyone for the laughs. Hadn't seen this thread in a month or so...

by Anonymousreply 387July 12, 2021 7:58 PM

Has this been discussed?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388July 23, 2021 3:54 PM

So the original report of the medical being expired, for reasons known to him, WAS true. How did the cult get the faked up med cert to happen? Was someone bought off like the fake training cred?

Hope his young daughter will not suffer permanent effects from her time exposed to the cult.

All those dead people, yikes.

Anyone been to Free Jinger? Wonder how the anorexic daughter is holding up under the pressure of taking over?

by Anonymousreply 389July 23, 2021 4:06 PM

Both were creepy AF.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390July 23, 2021 4:23 PM

Her HAIR!! The shoes!!!

by Anonymousreply 391July 23, 2021 4:25 PM

Him talking about his financial issues resolving is RICH, he basically whored himself out to a creepy old lady for cash!

by Anonymousreply 392July 23, 2021 4:30 PM

LOL nice table

by Anonymousreply 393July 23, 2021 5:28 PM

[quote]Her HAIR!! The shoes!!!

Not to mention the dress. She looks like a collectible doll version of herself.

by Anonymousreply 394July 23, 2021 5:50 PM

It is astonishing to me, R394. And yet they aggressively defended child murderers and had them participate in the cult from prison.

So desperate to hang with swinger Roger Stone that they flew in challenging weather and died. Amazing.

If you have not seen the YT vid of their engagement and wedding it is something. I think they wanted to pitch a reality tv show like the Bachelor for the elderly and fundies. It is surreal.

by Anonymousreply 395July 23, 2021 5:52 PM

This is insane, Joe seems to be woodenly acting. He was broke and doing handyman jobs before she cast him as her second husband and re-wrote cult rules to allow it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396July 23, 2021 5:55 PM

Is that what Barbie looked like when she got old and ran an ANA cult?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397July 23, 2021 5:56 PM

Are we supposed to believe that Gwen didn't orchestrate every single detail of that proposal - captured from no less than 3 different camera angles? That's was schmacting in its worst form.

by Anonymousreply 398July 24, 2021 3:54 PM

R398 and that’s how everyone in that area dresses at night in case they need to attend a party.

by Anonymousreply 399July 24, 2021 4:23 PM

There’s a rumor floating round that Gwen never divorced her 1st hubby (that she kept hidden) & he is still heavily involved in the Remnant finances. This has a ring of truth to it bc Gwen seems way too greedy to have agreed to alimony or a settlement. Clearly, they also seem to have had a Clinton-style business partnership/ marriage in the years leading up to that Joe Lara “wedding” spectacle

by Anonymousreply 400July 24, 2021 4:59 PM

Possible, R400. And there were said to be changes in the corp structures re: Joe in May. Joe did not seem to like her and he is not much of an actor. What a stupid way for all those people to die.

by Anonymousreply 401July 24, 2021 5:51 PM

Are their ghosts hovering over the waters of Percy Priest yet?

by Anonymousreply 402July 30, 2021 3:03 AM

Gwen has NEVER been thinner!

by Anonymousreply 403July 30, 2021 1:18 PM

Dan Gryder has a new vid this evening, just saw a YT notification, starts momentarily.

Intriguing title: Death by Jet - N66BK. Gwen Shamblin and her Cult is DEAD. Thank God!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404September 19, 2021 12:53 AM

Dan claimed that Joe was a drug addict and alcoholic.

He calls her church MLM garbage.

I had never heard of Dan before all this. I don't think I would fly with him but he is entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 405September 19, 2021 1:04 AM

He did another vid recently too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406September 19, 2021 1:08 AM

Dan has a nose for the odd details.

by Anonymousreply 407September 19, 2021 1:09 AM

Wow, the doc that had been in progress re: Remnant before the accident is going to air on HBO.

Joe's ex is still being harassed by the cult over that poor little girl. They are insane.

by Anonymousreply 408September 19, 2021 1:25 AM

Do we know when it’s going to air on hbo

by Anonymousreply 409September 19, 2021 9:18 PM

He did not say, the YT vid is kind of a prelude to the trailer.

I was surprised that she reached out to Scienos as her MLM scheme was tanking a bit. Tarzan was supposed to lead to a reality tv show but their YT series did not take off.

If I see a date, I will post it here. Think that will be the end of Remnant. It is way smaller than Scienos or Rajneesh, think it was Netflix that did the story of the Indian guru, may also have been HBO, can't remember.

That they are still harassing Joe's daughter's mom is horrifying. Cults are scary.

by Anonymousreply 410September 19, 2021 11:46 PM

I thought he said on HBO on September 30.

by Anonymousreply 411September 20, 2021 5:13 PM

Thanks, R411. Soon.

by Anonymousreply 412September 20, 2021 6:00 PM

Awesome doc!! I loved Joe's ex wife and that awesome old cowboy.

Recommended-

by Anonymousreply 413October 3, 2021 12:34 AM

Will have to try to find it, thanks for the rec, R413. I hope that the mom of Joe's kid gets some peace from the cult harassing her.

by Anonymousreply 414October 3, 2021 1:26 AM

Did they delay introducing Gwen's first husband into the doc because it'll be a funny reveal that she was married to a fat guy the whole time she started a church about dieting?

by Anonymousreply 415October 3, 2021 1:39 AM

Joe was sheer SCUM and LOSER.

Wait until you see his ex wife. She is beautiful, kind, basically had to become a lawyer.

Love her and the old cowboy (this guy was a gem)

Such a fucking messed up situation..

by Anonymousreply 416October 3, 2021 1:40 AM

Ugh…Chrissy Teigen is an executive producer. I hate to give her any views, but I’m tempted to watch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417October 3, 2021 1:43 AM

[quote]I had never heard of Dan before all this. I don't think I would fly with him but he is entertaining.

Oh, Dan is an HBO docuseries just waiting to happen. There's too much to cover in one post, but most aviation boards have a running thread dedicated to his endeavors. This is his most famous:

[quote]Griffin code enforcement officers were called to the airport on Wednesday for a report of a pilot disrupting the airport. Gryder was driving his car across the runway and taxiway, Griffin Police Investigator Bryan Clanton said.

[quote]The two officers approached the suspect and he gave them a fake name. After learning the pilot was Gryder, the officers attempted to issue him six citations, police said.

[quote]However, Gryder refused to sign the tickets and boarded his plane, a 1937 DC-3A. He started the engine and told one of the officers that if she moved, he would strike her, police said.

[quote]The officer, who was standing next to the prop, moved out of the way and summoned backup.

[quote]Additional Griffin officers and Spalding County deputies flooded the area and ordered him to stop, but Gryder continued to taxi down the runway, police said.

[quote]Gryder got to the end of the runway and attempted to take off, but he was out of gas.

[quote]Police arrested Gryder and transported him to jail.

Not long ago, he (in his DC-3) blasted a tiny J-3 Cub onto the grass when he did a run-up in front of it. A bunch of people jumped on the Cub to hold it down and the only damage was to the tip of one wing. At another air show this summer, he had a forced landing in a cornfield. So, yeah, let him entertain you from the safety of YouTube.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418October 3, 2021 8:06 AM

I have to admit that the HBO series is pretty entertaining. Episode two is focused on Joe Lara and features his daughter’s mother Natasha Pavlovich. She first met Joe when she was 16 and he was 21.

The Tarzan success aside, he basically spent his most of his adulthood sponging off of others and trying to find someone to keep him in the style he believed he deserved to live.

by Anonymousreply 419October 3, 2021 3:16 PM

I never knew anything about Gwen SHAMblin until watching the HBO documentary last night.

My favorite line was from one of the former members of her church: "Gwen went from looking like a typical Southern housewife to a strung-out hooker."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420October 3, 2021 6:48 PM

In the R390 video, Gwen is in WHITEFACE.

by Anonymousreply 421October 3, 2021 7:00 PM

I would marry the old cowboy from the doc. On the whole, I found it too confusing with all the time jumps.

by Anonymousreply 422October 3, 2021 7:02 PM

I don’t want to spoil anything for those who haven’t watched, but I was fascinated by the dish on Michael Shamblin, Gwen’s son.

I think the pale, skeletal daughter was very pretty as a young girl/woman.

Poor grifting Joe. He finally got the role of a lifetime that would give him anything he wanted, only to go down in one of his toys. Oh well. Thoughts and prayers.

by Anonymousreply 423October 3, 2021 7:18 PM

One of the men said of Gwen when she divorced her husband of 40 years, married the studly Joe, and then spent more time traveling with him than in church, “in a man they call that a mid-life crisis”.

by Anonymousreply 424October 3, 2021 7:21 PM

R423- Agreed- He reminds me of the "one with a conscience" in any of those crime films. The tortured soul..

by Anonymousreply 425October 3, 2021 8:47 PM

On twitter, Helen Byrd, one of the women interviewed for the documentary, seemingly implied that Joe had male lovers as well as female that he would leech off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426October 4, 2021 2:39 PM

Not surprised at all.

by Anonymousreply 427October 4, 2021 3:35 PM

Is the HBO doc about Gwen's death, too?

by Anonymousreply 428October 4, 2021 3:53 PM

R423 I don't have access to HBO on my side of the planet, can you dish about the doc? What's their info and their conclusion?

by Anonymousreply 429October 4, 2021 4:01 PM

The documentary doesn't really cover the crash enough.

I would like to have seen a reenactment with Gwen screeching as the jet approaches the lake, "Water! My hair! My hair! My holy hair!"

by Anonymousreply 430October 4, 2021 4:32 PM

The documentary was already being filmed prior to the crash R430. That’s why those interviewed are talking about them in the present tense.

It’s a five-parter so there is a chance the last episode will include more about the crash.

by Anonymousreply 431October 4, 2021 4:48 PM

Its 3 parts- not 5 parts...

by Anonymousreply 432October 4, 2021 5:05 PM

Kindly alert People Magazine and other media R432 as they erred too:

"The five part series — the first three episodes of which began streaming on Thursday — follows Shamblin Lara's rise to fame as a weight-loss champion turned religious leader before her death at the age of 66 in a plane crash on May 29."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433October 4, 2021 5:14 PM

Oh, and HBO Max too as they think it's five parts.

"Stream The Way Down: God, Greed, and the Cult of Gwen Shamblin on HBO Max. This five-part docuseries examines the controversial Remnant Fellowship Church ..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434October 4, 2021 5:16 PM

To be fair, she is still keeping the weight off.

by Anonymousreply 435October 4, 2021 5:38 PM

[quote] To be fair, she is still keeping the weight off.

And God loves her more each new moment because of it.

by Anonymousreply 436October 4, 2021 5:42 PM

A quarter of Gwen's weight was hairspray.

by Anonymousreply 437October 4, 2021 5:49 PM

She really needs to do something about her water bloat.

by Anonymousreply 438October 4, 2021 6:03 PM

Praise the Lord for water-proof mascara! Glory!

by Anonymousreply 439October 4, 2021 6:13 PM

Gwen is still reeling from Saint Peter at the Pearly Gates giving her a once-over look and saying: Wait in line, you fat bitch!

by Anonymousreply 440October 4, 2021 6:17 PM

I can just see Saint Peter: "You! Maybe you. You. Never you!"

by Anonymousreply 441October 4, 2021 6:21 PM

Episode 3 should have ended with Gwen's bony hand reaching out from the waters of Percy Priest. "To Be Continued!"

by Anonymousreply 442October 4, 2021 6:44 PM

Is it on the market yet?

by Anonymousreply 443October 4, 2021 6:47 PM

I have cousins who live in Franklin, TN. Another family member is always babbling about what a “wealthy” area it is, but I figured she was exaggerating. Apparently there’s some truth to it. Though with these churchy, Republican types I always assume their “wealth” is a house of cards.

by Anonymousreply 444October 4, 2021 6:53 PM

AWESOME!!! Now I know why the ending of the 3rd episode said "To Be Continued"..

It did seem incomplete.

Sorry all, I did not know there were more episodes to come!

Sorry, I mean y'all.

by Anonymousreply 445October 4, 2021 7:05 PM

IMDb is showing the next episode release is sometime next year.

Why would they do that? That is too long between episodes.

If the documentary isn't finished, wait to release it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446October 4, 2021 8:42 PM

It was already finished before they died. They're now working on two posthumous episodes.

by Anonymousreply 447October 4, 2021 8:48 PM

R447 Well, then it wasn't finished, was it?

by Anonymousreply 448October 4, 2021 9:04 PM

It was originally supposed to be a 4-part series to air this fall. As a result of the plane crash they decided to move part 4 to early 2022 and added a part 5 as a result of all the new footage they had to work with.

by Anonymousreply 449October 4, 2021 9:09 PM

Brentwood was also home to Phil Valentine, distinguished Herman Cain Award recipient.

"I'm not an anti-vaxxer. I'm just using common sense. What are my odds of getting COVID? They're pretty low. What are my odds of dying from COVID if I do get it? Probably way less than one percent.."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450October 4, 2021 9:12 PM

So 2021 brought the loss of two horrible grifters from that neighborhood?

by Anonymousreply 451October 4, 2021 9:16 PM

[quote] Gwen is still reeling from Saint Peter at the Pearly Gates giving her a once-over look and saying: Wait in line, you fat bitch!

That’s a good one, that’s funny

by Anonymousreply 452October 4, 2021 9:19 PM

Todd Chrisley must be looking over his shoulder, R451.

by Anonymousreply 453October 4, 2021 9:25 PM

Anyone in the area have an update on how the church is doing since the fortunate death of its cult leader?

by Anonymousreply 454October 5, 2021 2:17 PM

I loved the bit in the HBO Doc about them shutting down public discussion when Gwen's grandson died, and started calling "the strugglers" in to pin the blame for God's vengeance on them. Can you image the mental pretzels that had to occur after a plane crash kills Gwen and the whole leadership?

by Anonymousreply 455October 6, 2021 2:16 AM

I wondered which child got blamed for Gwen being killed by God, too.

"Did your child talk back and cause Gwen to smack into that demonic lake???"

by Anonymousreply 456October 6, 2021 2:22 AM

Bet it was awkward in Michael Shamblin's marriage bed when the silhouetted whore he cheated with who only used to him to get out of the cult came onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 457October 6, 2021 2:43 AM

Will we ever find out what happened to Gwen's wig?

by Anonymousreply 458October 7, 2021 10:48 PM

R458 They recovered 11 of them.

by Anonymousreply 459October 8, 2021 12:28 AM

One thing I noticed from the Doc, is that while Shamblin obviously borrowed some from the Scientologists, she didn't appear to recruit celebrities. Brentwood is filled with famous musicians and athletes, all the other churches in the area would shit themselves if they could land on. The only "celebrity" she recruited was a no-name z list Tarzan, and then only because she was looking to upgrade her consort.

by Anonymousreply 460October 8, 2021 12:52 AM

[quote]Shamblin obviously borrowed some from the Scientologists, she didn't appear to recruit celebrities.

Shamblin isn't the type who liked sharing the spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 461October 8, 2021 1:00 AM

In the doc, when they were talking about how she got everything for free, like getting her hair done, I wanted one of those women to say something like, "well, I guess you get what you pay for..."

by Anonymousreply 462October 8, 2021 1:42 AM

I sincerely hope in her last few moments she had enough time to stuff her mouth with Ding Dongs and ride her hubby's cock. (Praise Jesus!)

by Anonymousreply 463October 16, 2021 7:53 AM

She looks like she's accepting an AVN Award at R406.

by Anonymousreply 464October 19, 2021 4:42 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465November 22, 2021 7:19 PM

"Part Deux: Still Hangry"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466April 26, 2022 3:49 PM

God, she was fucking hideous.

How she made millions is beyond me, because this chick wouldn’t have even made a penny as a street walker.

by Anonymousreply 467April 26, 2022 3:54 PM

She is staying thin, so it must be working. Praise!

by Anonymousreply 468April 26, 2022 5:23 PM

New vid

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469February 19, 2024 1:46 AM

Recent interview with Michael Shamblin, the son, on local news

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470February 19, 2024 1:56 AM

Such a creepy cult. Starvation instead of group sex or branding, like other cults.

by Anonymousreply 471March 10, 2024 1:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!