Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I want pancakes šŸ„ž but Iā€™m too lazy to make them

Should I just force myself to make them?

by Anonymousreply 236June 20, 2021 5:59 PM

Head to Dylan Geickā€™s thread to see a set of pancakes

by Anonymousreply 1May 31, 2021 6:24 AM

I often make all the preparations the night before, for a pancake breakfast for this very reason.

by Anonymousreply 2May 31, 2021 6:34 AM

I wonder if OP made them or not.

by Anonymousreply 3May 31, 2021 8:47 AM

Buy some of the frozen pancakes for those times you're peckish but lack the motivation to cook. I tried the frozen ones some time back and they were surprisingly okay. Not as good as freshly made, but certainly satisfying.

by Anonymousreply 4May 31, 2021 10:13 AM

can you recommend a make, R4?

by Anonymousreply 5May 31, 2021 10:17 AM

Believe it or not, we don't care.

by Anonymousreply 6May 31, 2021 10:18 AM

Fat and lazy but OP will be fatter if she's less lazy. What a dilemma.

by Anonymousreply 7May 31, 2021 10:19 AM

[quote]we don't care.

"we' troll - ALERT!

by Anonymousreply 8May 31, 2021 10:20 AM

Thin and lazy about breakfast, I buy these pre-made little disks of golden goodness. Loaded up with good Irish butter and the best maple syrup I can find, they are delicious for the rare American breakfast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 31, 2021 11:01 AM

Suddenly I'm in the mood for Pancakes Barbara.

by Anonymousreply 10May 31, 2021 11:06 AM

I am too, but please don't call me Barbara.

by Anonymousreply 11May 31, 2021 11:08 AM

We can help.

by Anonymousreply 12May 31, 2021 11:15 AM

Don't they have Bisquick where you live?

by Anonymousreply 13May 31, 2021 11:19 AM

No, they're way too much work. They involve the mixing, the pouring, the heating. The FLIPPING! Don't do it to yourself, OP. For the love of God, if you have to have pancakes, order them from GrubHub. No one should ever have to go to the arduous effort of flipping his own pancakes. What are you, a slave?

by Anonymousreply 14May 31, 2021 11:25 AM

Head on over to McDonalds

by Anonymousreply 15May 31, 2021 11:25 AM

Making šŸ„ž pancakes is quick and easy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 31, 2021 11:35 AM

The one benefit of frozen waffles, immediately available.

by Anonymousreply 17May 31, 2021 11:37 AM

Donā€™t you have a diner you can go to?

by Anonymousreply 18May 31, 2021 11:48 AM

You're probably too fat to be eating them, so it's probably best.

by Anonymousreply 19May 31, 2021 11:49 AM

Go to a diner, OP. Cooking is not for you.

by Anonymousreply 20May 31, 2021 11:49 AM

OP, you're in a bay. By the time this appears, you may well be dead.

by Anonymousreply 21May 31, 2021 12:29 PM

thoughts and prayers and maple syrup.

by Anonymousreply 22May 31, 2021 12:33 PM

Go to Denny's, IHOP, McDonald's, or any diner as r18, r20 said.

But if one is too lazy to make pancakes, then one may be too lazy to get dressed and head to a diner.

by Anonymousreply 23May 31, 2021 12:45 PM

Call a diner that delivers and order pancakes with a side of bacon and eggs. And coffee. Why get off your lazy ass to make coffee when you can have it delivered?

by Anonymousreply 24May 31, 2021 12:47 PM

There's a recipe in the NYT for a Dutch Baby. It does require mixing etc but you pour the entire batter into a skillet and put it in the oven for 25 minutes until it's done, so at least you don't have to stand there flipping pancakes.

by Anonymousreply 25May 31, 2021 12:50 PM

"Making" cereal or popping a waffle or pop tart into the toaster are the only things I can think of that are easier than making pancakes.

by Anonymousreply 26May 31, 2021 12:59 PM

[quote]Head on over to McDonalds

They're HORRIBLE

[quote]Call a diner that delivers and order pancakes with a side of bacon and eggs.

Won't it all be congealed by the time they reach OP?

Eggs and pancakes HAVE TO be cooked fresh and by hand. OP KNOWS how to make pancakes, clearly, [bold]but he's LAZY. [/bold]He should still make them from scratch and by hand. Pancakes come out rather well when you're feeling a bit angry and aggressive, I've found.

by Anonymousreply 27May 31, 2021 2:10 PM

If you don't know how to make pancakes, then you're either under 10 years old or else you come from a country where no one eats pancakes. There's no other excuse.

by Anonymousreply 28May 31, 2021 2:15 PM

This thread is ridiculous and shameful.

by Anonymousreply 29May 31, 2021 2:15 PM

[quote]If you don't know how to make pancakes, then you're either under 10 years old or else you come from a country where no one eats pancakes.

He DOES know, he's probably American...he's just lazy.

by Anonymousreply 30May 31, 2021 2:17 PM

Thereā€™s not just one, but a multitude of restaurants that cater just to this, I recommend Original over IHOP if you have one and the Waffle Houses are probably a doable backup as well.

by Anonymousreply 31May 31, 2021 2:24 PM

I like these, sometimes add a scoop of protein powder too. I like strawberries on top the best. I skip added sweeteners. High protein, high fiber and really tasty. Freeze well too, just put wax paper between them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32May 31, 2021 2:25 PM

[quote] I recommend Original over IHOP if you have one and the Waffle Houses are probably a doable backup as well.

Why would he want to find (schlep to) an IHOP? He's probably in his socks and boxer shorts.

by Anonymousreply 33May 31, 2021 2:26 PM

I got an omelet from IHOP recently and for the first time ever noticed the menu says "our omelets are made with a splash of our wheat pancake batter!" wtf

by Anonymousreply 34May 31, 2021 2:27 PM

Get off your ass, OP and grab the box of Aunt Delilah...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35May 31, 2021 2:27 PM

Yep, OP staggering in his sad, hungover stupor to the stove to mix and cook pancakes would be less effort than making himself presentable and going somewhere to get them.

by Anonymousreply 36May 31, 2021 2:28 PM

[quote] can you recommend a make, [R4]?

I bought the Eggo frozen buttermilk pancakes.

by Anonymousreply 37May 31, 2021 2:32 PM

Making them and making them WELL is a whole different ballpark.

by Anonymousreply 38May 31, 2021 2:34 PM

Do you realize that pancakes are all sugar (carbs) and sat fat? How can you people eat such a concoction? One could get diabetes just reading this thread. I'll stick with my egg white/spinach omelet with a slice of Ezekiel dry whole wheat toast. The protein will fuel my workout this afternoon. Today is chest and tri day.

by Anonymousreply 39May 31, 2021 2:34 PM

when you finally do get around to making them, make extra and then freeze them so you have them ready for next time. You can just pop them in the toaster to heat them.

by Anonymousreply 40May 31, 2021 2:34 PM

[quote]Do you realize that pancakes are all sugar (carbs) and sat fat?

No. A decent homemade batter only needs one T spoon of sugar.

by Anonymousreply 41May 31, 2021 2:35 PM

[quote]make extra and then freeze them so you have them ready for next time.

I must try that.

by Anonymousreply 42May 31, 2021 2:36 PM

OK..I get it

OP's other thread title

[quote]I just ordered McDonalds takeout at 3 am I never ever eat at this time because Iā€™m usually sleeping but I canā€™t sleep tonight and feel so hungry. I was ignoring it but grew even more hungry and then a fucking McDonalds commercial came out. Ugh. Fuck me. I ended up just ordering something.

by Anonymousreply 43May 31, 2021 2:42 PM

I assume you've resolved your pancake urge by now. What did you end up doing?

I've been looking for an authentic Pancakes Barbara recipe for decades and still haven't found one, but reportedly it's crepes with blackberry sauce. So I guess it wouldn't be that much trickier than regular American pancakes, especially if you made the sauce ahead of time. But a little light for breakfast. I guess you could stuff them with some kind of cheese and make them blintzes Barbara.

by Anonymousreply 44May 31, 2021 2:45 PM

r42 make sure to put something between each one, like wax paper so you can get them apart or just put each one in a sandwich bag and freeze

by Anonymousreply 45May 31, 2021 2:45 PM

[quote]make sure to put something between each one, like wax paper so you can get them apart

Thank you. I was wondering about that.

by Anonymousreply 46May 31, 2021 2:47 PM

OP, in my college days, I used to make oatmeal pancakes with just water and oatmeal. They're actually good- crispy on the outside and a bit creamy on the inside. If you want fancier pancakes, follow that flaxseed recipe posted upthread.

by Anonymousreply 47May 31, 2021 2:56 PM

you can bake them....less of a hassle

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 31, 2021 4:00 PM

R27, no, they're not terrible. In fact, McDonald's pancakes are quite good. They're just kind of expensive for what you get.

by Anonymousreply 49May 31, 2021 4:07 PM

How come pancake recipes never tell you what temperature to cook them at?!?

The recipes are always so VAGUE. "cook them until they're golden brown on the bottom, then flip"??? HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE ON THE BOTTOM UNTIL YOU FLIP THEM? How fucking long does it take? And at what temperature should you cook them?

Jesus, these are the basics. How would a recipe for cake fly if someone just said "and then bake it until it's done"?? NOBODY WOULD KNOW WHAT TO DO

by Anonymousreply 50May 31, 2021 4:09 PM

You cook pancakes on medium heat until bubbles form at the surface, pop and turn them just when the popping bubbles begin to form little holes instead of filling back in with batter. Flip, wait 45 seconds or so and remove. As you make them, turn down the heat a little to prevent burning. It's not hard to make pancakes.

by Anonymousreply 51May 31, 2021 4:12 PM

[quote]It's not hard to make pancakes.

It's hard to make them well.

by Anonymousreply 52May 31, 2021 4:20 PM

Thereā€™s a reason you throw out the first pancake traditionally, thatā€™s where you get the sense of the heat level, how it cooks and primes the pan. It is the rehearsal, then the rest can be perfect.

by Anonymousreply 53May 31, 2021 4:33 PM

[quote]Thereā€™s a reason you throw out the first pancake traditionally, thatā€™s where you get the sense of the heat level, how it cooks and primes the pan.

Interesting

by Anonymousreply 54May 31, 2021 4:35 PM

Endless bitching about nothing.

Most Datalounge-ish thread ever!

by Anonymousreply 55May 31, 2021 4:43 PM

Pancakes aren't nothing.

by Anonymousreply 56May 31, 2021 4:44 PM

I had three different men insist on making pancakes for me as a special treat. How can you fuck up pancakes? You can burn them, and badly, leaving a smell that lingers in the mind for years that will put you off the things in the interim.

The precooked ones at R9 are quite good, actually, a big surprise for me. Lighter and more delicate than the usual American pancakes, but with a very nice flavor and texture, and just the basic ingredients. I keep some on hand for my partner whose one take away from his stay in the U.S. was pancakes, butter, and maple syrup. It's exotic fare where we live. You might find pancakes on the breakfast menu of a five-star hotel, or at the small but slowly growing number of restaurants that offer a brunch menu that draws on American and international breakfast foods. Bisquick is unknown. Maple syrup carries a luxury price tag when you can find it. And no one is going to "put up" little bags of frozen home cooked pancakes separated by sheets of waxed paper because small freezers compartments of refrigerators are the standard. I tried the pre-cooked one thinking they would be terrible but not at all (the one other brand I've seen is not nearly so nice, heavy, dense, and fairly tasteless.)

by Anonymousreply 57May 31, 2021 4:47 PM

This should be in the underwhelm me thread.

by Anonymousreply 58May 31, 2021 4:58 PM

R58 Yet 1) You took the time to reply to it and 2) Itā€™s got nearly 60 responses.

by Anonymousreply 59May 31, 2021 6:46 PM

[quote]I wonder if OP made them or not.

Nope. I was too lazy so I had a shitty granola bar instead. Plus, Iā€™m eating an entire pizza tomorrow so I figured I should skip the pancakes so that my waistline will thank me.

Iā€™ll get to the pancakes some other time this week when Iā€™m not lazy.

by Anonymousreply 60May 31, 2021 6:49 PM

ā¤“ļøALERT - UPDATE - OP has re-emerged.

you're probably surprised by how much attention your thread has received, OP.

by Anonymousreply 61May 31, 2021 6:53 PM

[quote]Iā€™ll get to the pancakes some other time this week when Iā€™m not lazy.

Be sure to post pics - I'm sure many here want to see if you're upto the task

by Anonymousreply 62May 31, 2021 6:54 PM

R35- Did you know that there was a chain of Pancake houses called Aunt Jemima's mainly in the northeast up until about 1970.

by Anonymousreply 63May 31, 2021 6:57 PM

R63. We had one on Long Island..we went to it when we were kids!

by Anonymousreply 64May 31, 2021 7:00 PM

R61 I was surprised how much attention this thread got! I guess everyone loves pancakes šŸ„ž!

R62 Iā€™m actually good at making pancakes šŸ„ž , itā€™s just a pain to make and clean up afterwards. Do you want me to make 4 small stackable ones or 2 big ones?

by Anonymousreply 65May 31, 2021 7:07 PM

I like Bisquick Shake 'n' Pour -- add water, shake, and pour!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66May 31, 2021 7:11 PM

[quote]Do you want me to make 4 small stackable ones or 2 big ones?

I thought 3 is the American norm (but I'm NOT American) - but if you must be different, I vote for the 4 option. I'd like to see your stack.

by Anonymousreply 67May 31, 2021 7:13 PM

[quote][R35]- Did you know that there was a chain of Pancake houses called Aunt Jemima's mainly in the northeast up until about 1970.

I wish I could have gone there.

by Anonymousreply 68May 31, 2021 7:14 PM

[quote]I'd like to see your stack

...and your breakfast sausage

by Anonymousreply 69May 31, 2021 7:19 PM

Get some doughnuts. Just as healthy.

by Anonymousreply 70May 31, 2021 7:20 PM

R67 No. Go to IHOPā€™s website and you will see that the norm is 2 pancakes (called a short stack) or 4 pancakes (called a full stack). However, when I make a short stack, I just make two big ones because I donā€™t see the point in only eating 2 little pancakes if Iā€™m eating going through the trouble of making them.

by Anonymousreply 71May 31, 2021 7:23 PM

"There's a recipe in the NYT for a Dutch Baby. It does require mixing etc but you pour the entire batter into a skillet and put it in the oven for 25 minutes until it's done, so at least you don't have to stand there flipping pancakes."

Someone that doesn't want to make pancakes isn't going to whip up a Dutch Baby.

by Anonymousreply 72May 31, 2021 7:24 PM

Whatā€™s everyoneā€™s favorite pancake mix? Or do you make yours by scratch?

by Anonymousreply 73May 31, 2021 7:25 PM

Thereā€™s a reason you throw out the first pancake traditionally, thatā€™s where you get the sense of the heat level, how it cooks and primes the pan. It is the rehearsal, then the rest can be perfect.

Your first pancake is like your first relationship. You're figuring it all out. Don't be someone's first pancake.

by Anonymousreply 74May 31, 2021 7:27 PM

[quote][R67] No. Go to IHOPā€™s website and you will see that the norm is 2 pancakes (called a short stack) or 4 pancakes (called a full stack).

Why are you looking at IHOP's website (if you don't mind me asking)? I think throughout the USA 3 is the norm (is this worthy of a new inquiry thread)

[quote]However, when I make a short stack, I just make two big ones because I donā€™t see the point in only eating 2 little pancakes if Iā€™m eating going through the trouble of making them.

OMG I so agree.

Which sort of syrup will you be using?

by Anonymousreply 75May 31, 2021 7:29 PM

Has anyone ever tried Funfetti Pancakes? They look good!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76May 31, 2021 7:31 PM

Once you make from scratch it's hard to go back - but Bisquick is really good, even though DLers are very snobby about it.

by Anonymousreply 77May 31, 2021 7:33 PM

R75 You know, I take back what I said. It seems like a lot of the pancake mix boxes show three pancakes, so I see why people think the standard is 3. But whenever I eat pancakes at local restaurants, itā€™s 2 or 4, and I personally always make 2 big ones or 4 smaller sized ones when I make them (and Iā€™m not fat...yet). And I was looking at IHOP since they are the biggest pancake restaurant in the US, so I thought they would be a good reference to see what they typically do. But as I looked around more on the website, it seems even they have certain pancakes that come three to a stack. So it looks like there is no standard really. Just depends on what you want.

As for the syrup Iā€™ll be using, youā€™ll probably be disappointed to know that I donā€™t use anything fancy. Just regular Log Cabin maple syrup. Iā€™ve tried a few different ā€œfancyā€ syrups before and wasnā€™t impressed. Iā€™m sure there are better syrups out there but I havenā€™t found it.

by Anonymousreply 78May 31, 2021 7:40 PM

R77 Do you have a recipe?

by Anonymousreply 79May 31, 2021 7:41 PM

[quote]As for the syrup Iā€™ll be using, youā€™ll probably be disappointed to know that I donā€™t use anything fancy. Just regular Log Cabin maple syrup. Iā€™ve tried a few different ā€œfancyā€ syrups before and wasnā€™t impressed. Iā€™m sure there are better syrups out there but I havenā€™t found it.

Log Cabin is absolutely fine. What are you talking about?

There's a Vermont one which seems to be especially nice. I only had it a few times.

In general, I prefer a darker syrup and St. Lawrence Gold is highly recommended.

by Anonymousreply 80May 31, 2021 7:46 PM

[quote][R77] Do you have a recipe?

I know it in my head and don't have the energy to type it out. Maybe OP will help you out. He rates his pancakes highly.

by Anonymousreply 81May 31, 2021 7:48 PM

R80 OK glad itā€™s not just me that likes Log Cabin! You know how some people on DL are - if you dare to like something that doesnā€™t cost a fortune, then they look down on you. So I was ready to hear the criticism.

Iā€™ve never heard of St Lawrence Gold. Iā€™ll have to try it sometime.

by Anonymousreply 82May 31, 2021 7:51 PM

Pancakes or waffles from the same batter - here's what you need:

2 cups AP Flour 4tsp Baking Powder 1/4tsp salt 1 tbsp sugar or momnfruit works too. 1/2 cup oil 2 eggs 1 and 3/4 cups of milk Vanilla Extract

I usually keep the dry ingredient separated until I'm ready to cook them. Then mix the eggs with oil , milk and vanilla extract. Then combine and cook.

by Anonymousreply 83May 31, 2021 7:51 PM

[quote]if you dare to like something that doesnā€™t cost a fortune, then they look down on you.

Those gurls are TUFF cookies.

by Anonymousreply 84May 31, 2021 7:52 PM

[quote]1/2 cup oil

Really?

by Anonymousreply 85May 31, 2021 7:53 PM

Iā€™m sorry, but the same batter for pancakes and waffles is just wrong, it canā€™t be a dessert topping AND a floor wax at the same time!

by Anonymousreply 86May 31, 2021 8:05 PM

Good American pancakes are a joy to eat.

by Anonymousreply 87May 31, 2021 8:42 PM

[quote]Good American pancakes are a joy to eat.

Very hard to find outside America. You'd laugh if I posted pics of what passes for American pancakes in London restaurants.

by Anonymousreply 88May 31, 2021 9:06 PM

I make Sour Cream Pancakes from my mother's old Woman's Day Encyclopedia Of Cookery. They are fabulous- light and fluffy and creamy. I serve them with whipped butter and pure maple syrup- YUM

by Anonymousreply 89May 31, 2021 9:07 PM

I also recommend if you want to cut back on the sugar - get frozen berries like blueberry, strawberry etc. Into a pot with a little bit of water, a tablespoon of flour and some monkfruit powder or stevia. And a dash of vanilla extract. Cook until it breaks the berries down. Better than maple syrup.

by Anonymousreply 90May 31, 2021 9:17 PM

[quote]You cook pancakes on medium heat

WHAT THE FUCK DOES "MEDIUM HEAT" EVEN MEAN?

Jesus. The griddle doesn't have a "Medium" setting. It has TEMPERATURE IN DEGREES.

Seriously, why the fuck can't anyone give decent cooking instructions? Seriously, I have no fucking clue what "medium" means.

by Anonymousreply 91May 31, 2021 9:34 PM

[quote]Seriously, why the fuck can't anyone give decent cooking instructions? Seriously, I have no fucking clue what "medium" means.

Why the fuck can't some people take responsibility for learning even the smallest and most routine things?

by Anonymousreply 92May 31, 2021 9:36 PM

BECAUSE IT'S NOT ACTUALLY DOCUMENTED ANYWHERE, YOU FUCKING DUMBASS

How hard is it to say 325 degrees? Or 350? Or 375? WHY MAKE EVERYONE FUCKING GUESS AND HAVE TO ENGAGE IN TRIAL AN ERROR?

by Anonymousreply 93May 31, 2021 9:38 PM

[quote]WHAT THE FUCK DOES "MEDIUM HEAT" EVEN MEAN?

It means somewhere between (in the middle) of very hot and cold.

by Anonymousreply 94May 31, 2021 9:42 PM

R91, heat your pan, then sprinkle a few drops of water on it - when the drops "dance" briefly before evaporating, you pan is the right temperature.

by Anonymousreply 95May 31, 2021 9:43 PM

Is your electric griddle calibrated accurately, R93? Surely you know, as devoted to the details as you seem to be.

375 on one device is usually not the same as 375 on another device.

A recipe might tell you 375, but on your device 365 might be better. Or perhaps 400 is closer to the desired temperature. What's a cook to do? (Hint: Watch the food as it cooks.)

Pancakes are not brain surgery. "Medium" heat is more than accurate enough for pancakes.

by Anonymousreply 96May 31, 2021 9:47 PM

r88, you haven't had pancakes at the Rosewood Hotel. Blueberry compote on top. Delicious.

And isn't Log Cabin just flavored corn syrup at this point?

by Anonymousreply 97May 31, 2021 11:17 PM

[quote][R88], you haven't had pancakes at the Rosewood Hotel. Blueberry compote on top. Delicious.

I must try it. Actually, the famous Wolsey Restaurant also does excellent American pancakes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98May 31, 2021 11:24 PM

[quote[And isn't Log Cabin just flavored corn syrup at this point?

Whatever it is, it's not maple syrup.

by Anonymousreply 99May 31, 2021 11:25 PM

I have never in my life used a stove whose burners were labeled by temperature; every one has ranged from low to high heat. The oven is by specific degrees. I don't even think a stove could do this reliably since so much heat escapes from pans.

And yes, Log Cabin is corn syrup with artificial maple flavoring, as is Aunt Jemima pancake syrup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100May 31, 2021 11:26 PM

[quote]Whatever it is, it's not maple syrup.

OMG that's why OP was so ashamed.

by Anonymousreply 101May 31, 2021 11:27 PM

OP, I really don't understand why you just can't set aside 5 minutes to lay some eggs, squirt some milk, add flour and make your own batch of hotcakes, geeeezh.

by Anonymousreply 102May 31, 2021 11:36 PM

R95 Knows how to tell when a pan is ready.

My mom taught me to make pancakes by age 10 or so. It's so strange to me that adults don't know how to mix batter, pour onto a pan, flip and eat.

Are you similarly grilled cheese impaired?

by Anonymousreply 103May 31, 2021 11:41 PM

R97, R100, R101 Yep. I knew some queens would be bitching about syrup!

by Anonymousreply 104May 31, 2021 11:44 PM

[quote] And isn't Log Cabin just flavored corn syrup at this point?

Log Cabin has always been fake ā€” just sugar (or HFC), water, salt and artificial "maple" flavor.

by Anonymousreply 105May 31, 2021 11:49 PM

r103 just joggled my memory of grilled banana, honey, and peanut butter sandwich. So fucking good.

by Anonymousreply 106June 1, 2021 1:38 AM

R100, have you never heard of an electric griddle?? Or an electric skillet? Are you kidding me?

And R96, I have a laser thermometer... as seen on and recommended on "Good Eats". I know exactly what the temperature of the surface is.

And cooking a pancake too slowly or too quickly can lead to disaster, instead of the light and fluffy and fully cooked pancake you desire.

by Anonymousreply 107June 1, 2021 5:13 AM

What are American pancakes? What other pancake like things are there in the world? Crepes are more like eggs than a fried flour creation.

by Anonymousreply 108June 1, 2021 6:26 AM

[quote]What other pancake like things are there in the world?

To start there are POFFERTJES

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109June 1, 2021 6:29 AM

šŸ„ž & šŸ„“

šŸ‘³šŸ¾ā€ā™‚ļø Don't have to call me twice !

by Anonymousreply 110June 1, 2021 6:42 AM

[quote] Head on over to McDonalds

Mmmmm. Rubber served in styrofoam.

by Anonymousreply 111June 1, 2021 7:17 AM

[quote] Donā€™t you have a diner you can go to?

No, and it really pisses me off.

by Anonymousreply 112June 1, 2021 7:20 AM

[quote]Mmmmm. Rubber served in styrofoam.

didn't they drop the styrofoam years ago?

I agree McDonald's pancakes are awful - horrid and thin

by Anonymousreply 113June 1, 2021 7:29 AM

For R108 - part one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114June 1, 2021 10:52 AM

For R108 - part two

Obviously there is no one correct recipe for each country, and obviously some of these "pancakes" are a bit of a stretch from what's been discussed here so far.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115June 1, 2021 10:56 AM

[quote] And [R96], I have a laser thermometer... as seen on and recommended on "Good Eats". I know exactly what the temperature of the surface is. And cooking a pancake too slowly or too quickly can lead to disaster, instead of the light and fluffy and fully cooked pancake you desire.

Oy! I never liked that show. I once watched Alton Brown spend 30 minutes explaining how to make tea the only way he says you're allowed to make tea. And he used fucking tea bags but required measuring the water temperature and timing how long it steeped.

Life is too short to time your tea bags and to make sure you have the "perfect" temperature to make "perfect" pancakes and "perfect" tea. You steep tea in hot water and drink. You drip water droplets onto the pan and when they dance and sizzle, you pour on the batter and make your damned pancakes. If you mess one up, you throw it away and make another.

Who has time to make simple processes tedious, persnickety events?

by Anonymousreply 116June 1, 2021 11:01 AM

When you're motivated, make a large batch of pancakes...then freeze them. Ready made, just heat up.

by Anonymousreply 117June 1, 2021 12:14 PM

[quote]When you're motivated, make a large batch of pancakes...then freeze them. Ready made, just heat up.

I can't wait to do this. I'll try to find wax paper later today.

by Anonymousreply 118June 1, 2021 12:21 PM

R107, get a grip. There is no such thing as a pancake-related "disaster."

by Anonymousreply 119June 1, 2021 12:33 PM

[quote]How come pancake recipes never tell you what temperature to cook them at?!?

Pancake / french toast / generic breakfast food cooking temperature, natch.

by Anonymousreply 120June 1, 2021 1:10 PM

Medium heat; brown one side, flip, brown the other side & lift. One can buy cartons of batter that can poured idirectly in a pan. Add butter/marjarine & syrup when done. It is hardly any more complicated than preparing toast. Cleaning the pan afterwards can be 30 seconds.

by Anonymousreply 121June 1, 2021 1:53 PM

^can be poured directly

by Anonymousreply 122June 1, 2021 1:54 PM

[quote]Pancake / french toast / generic breakfast food cooking temperature, natch.

What does "natch" mean?

by Anonymousreply 123June 1, 2021 1:57 PM

Who thinks McDonald's pancakes are rubbery or thin? Have you even tried them in the last few years?

They're really good... with a rich vanilla flavor, light and fluffy. I mean, I've only had them twice in the last few years, because it seems over-priced to pay four bucks for three tiny pancakes (and the end result is mostly plastic packaging anyway... not Styrofoam... just seems like a waste). But they were good and flavorful with a really good texture.

by Anonymousreply 124June 1, 2021 2:14 PM

Does anyone remember Bickford's pancake house? My family loved their apple pancake which was the size of a personal pizza. The one near us closed way back in 1976 after a fire. It reopened about 2 or 3 years later as an upscale Howard Johnsons.

by Anonymousreply 125June 1, 2021 2:16 PM

is no one going to answer poor old R125?

by Anonymousreply 126June 1, 2021 9:17 PM

Ma Kettle could make pancakes for 15 kids and do the laundry at the same time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127June 2, 2021 2:51 AM

[quote]When you're motivated, make a large batch of pancakes...then freeze them. Ready made, just heat up.

You know, thatā€™s a good idea.

by Anonymousreply 128June 2, 2021 4:17 AM

Or just buy a bag of frozen pancakes from the store, and nuke some whenever you want.

by Anonymousreply 129June 2, 2021 5:09 AM

It might be a problem here.

by Anonymousreply 130June 2, 2021 5:28 AM

R129 ,normally I love you, but NO!!!

Frozen pancakes are instant death. I refuse to let any man I see, eat frozen pancakes.

All good men need freshly made pancakes.

by Anonymousreply 131June 2, 2021 5:30 AM

Did he make you cry? Make you break down?

Shatter your illusions of love.

Is it over now? Are you ready to pick of the shattered pieces and go home.

by Anonymousreply 132June 2, 2021 5:31 AM

Dennyā€™s

by Anonymousreply 133June 2, 2021 5:39 AM

I can't believe that anyone would think Bisquick is the best pancake mix. Yes, it's versatile, but anyone who wants an easy and delicious, fluffy pancake by just adding water would know that Krusteaz beats Bisquick every time, flavor-wise and without having to add egg. If you want waffles, you add like a Tbsp of oil to the mix.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134June 2, 2021 5:46 AM

Around Hanukkah will we be having the same conversation about latkes?

by Anonymousreply 135June 2, 2021 6:01 AM

[quote]You know, thatā€™s a good idea.ā€”OP, still too lazy to make pancakes šŸ„ž

OP came back!! I thought he was too angry about the bitchy comments about his fake maple to return. He's a forgiving type.

by Anonymousreply 136June 2, 2021 6:18 AM

R39 MARY, the OP was tired enough before you strutted in! Lay off those roids or youā€™ll give yourself a heart attack no matter how healthy your breakfast is!

by Anonymousreply 137June 2, 2021 7:32 AM

[quote]What does "natch" mean?

Itā€™s old baking slang, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 138June 2, 2021 7:37 AM

The Cinnastack pancakes at participating IHOP's IS fabu. The cinnamon gunk they use is delicious and so sweet you don't even need to add syrup. But I do cuz I'm a fat whore (just a dollop).

by Anonymousreply 139June 2, 2021 7:47 AM

Sounds fantastic, R139.

by Anonymousreply 140June 2, 2021 7:50 AM

No wonder it tastes good. How could it not

[bold]How to Make Cinnastack Pancakes[/bold]

In a small bowl combine butter, brown sugar, cake flour, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla. ... In a medium bowl, use a mixer to blend together the cream cheese and the butter until light and fluffy. Slowly add the powdered sugar. ... Add milk and the vanilla.

by Anonymousreply 141June 2, 2021 7:54 AM

I suppose BK is also an option if you're seriously that lazy. But I can pretty much guarantee you those are just pre cooked frozen pancakes nuked in the microwave. BK obviously doesn't have griddles. I worked at one in the early 90's and they would temporarily put metal plates over some of their fryers, using the residual heat, to cook some of their breakfast items, like eggs, at the time. They probably don't even do that now either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142June 2, 2021 9:59 AM

I just made pancakes with Bisquick gluten-free mix, and they were perfectly yummy and very fluffy. I am out of syrup and so I used apricot preserves. Nom nom.

I grew up eating Aunt Jemima pancakes, and I've tried different mixes ranging from Kodiak Cames to Birch Benders and I've made them from scratch, which is also as easy as baking anything could be.

Methinks youse guys need to expand your horizons a little. Pancakes don't always have to be the same texture or taste. Experiment a little. You might discover you like some new things.

I've also mixed up chocolate muffin, banana bread and pumpkin bread batters, made a few muffins with them and then refrigerated the mixed batter for a few days and made pancakes with them. Quickbreads can be cooked like pancakes with a couple of things in mind: if the batter is thick, it needs to be thinned a little or else the middle of the pancake may not cook through; however, a way around this is to cook on medium-low heat with the lid on the pan so that the pancakes steam instead of only the surface cooking on the pan. The other thing to keep in mind is that quickbread batters cooked like pancakes come out more like pancakes than they come out like muffins, which should be obvious, but it can be a little confusing to eat what you think of as a muffin or banana bread but it has a smooth and solid pancake-y surface. Once you erase the expectation, though, you'll find them delightful. When I make these, I eat them without syrup because they're sweet enough as is.

If you mix up a pancake batter, you can keep it in the fridge for several days and just cook up a couple of pancakes every day until it's gone. Making pancakes is just barely (barely!) more work than making a sandwich. I can be lazy but I can't imagine being too lazy for the "work" of making pancakes.

by Anonymousreply 143June 2, 2021 11:29 AM

[quote]If you mix up a pancake batter, you can keep it in the fridge for several days and just cook up a couple of pancakes every day until it's gone.

I thought the raising agents get de-activated if the batter hangs around in the fridge.

by Anonymousreply 144June 2, 2021 12:05 PM

Yeah, the baking powder will eventually run out of steam.

by Anonymousreply 145June 2, 2021 12:52 PM

"Pancake syrup" is to maple syrup what Miracle Whip is to real mayonnaise. It's fine if that's what you like but they're not the same.

by Anonymousreply 146June 2, 2021 1:37 PM

I use Bisquick for making pancakes. My mom always used Bisquick when making shortcakes, so I've always loved it. This is very strange, but I could eat the batter...and even a dry spoonful. Bizarre...I know. I do use the good maple syrup. I always buy pure Vermont syrup.

by Anonymousreply 147June 2, 2021 4:35 PM

[quote]but I could eat the batter.

I used a ready made mix yesterday that warned you against this.

by Anonymousreply 148June 2, 2021 4:39 PM

[quote]I always buy pure Vermont syrup.

Probably the best out there

by Anonymousreply 149June 2, 2021 4:39 PM

r123, "naturally". Seemed to be a popular word back in the 70's or 80's.

by Anonymousreply 150June 2, 2021 5:13 PM

It was an early 00's thing in my case.

by Anonymousreply 151June 2, 2021 5:21 PM

Aren't pancakes most dreadfully unhealthy? From a glycemic index point of view, I think you'd do better just eating pure sugar out of the bag. (white flour turns into sugar in your blood stream faster than table sugar does). So does high fructose corn syrup but that's not relevant... unless they use it in pancake syrup.

by Anonymousreply 152June 2, 2021 8:04 PM

Troll 5863 is on fire today. What did she do to get Murieled?

by Anonymousreply 153June 2, 2021 9:45 PM

[quote]Aren't pancakes most dreadfully unhealthy?

R152 Nobody gives a shit about whether theyā€™re healthy or not, and nobodyā€™s saying to eat them everyday either. Quit bitching.

by Anonymousreply 154June 3, 2021 7:11 AM

Just leave out the butter and eggs and then your pancakes are vegan. Problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 155June 3, 2021 12:38 PM

As for pancakes being unhealthy, a few years ago I decided to substitute pancakes for my normal dinner three nights a week. Over the course of a month, I lost ten pounds. So fuck all of you histrionic self-appointed "nutritionists."

by Anonymousreply 156June 3, 2021 1:45 PM

Sometimes I'll add an overripe, mashed banana to the pancake batter...also, some canned organic pumpkin used for making pies. Each one is pretty good for a change. I don't mix the two together...one, banana pancakes...the other, pumpkin pancakes..lol.

by Anonymousreply 157June 3, 2021 1:50 PM

WTF you have against banana pumpkin pancakes?

by Anonymousreply 158June 3, 2021 2:20 PM

Does anyone prefer crĆŖpes? And if so, sweet or savoury?

A crĆŖpe is a type of very thin pancake. CrĆŖpes are usually of two types: sweet crĆŖpes and savoury galettes. CrĆŖpes are served with a variety of fillings, from the simplest with only sugar to flambĆ©ed crĆŖpes Suzette or elaborate savoury galettes.

by Anonymousreply 159June 3, 2021 2:23 PM

Actually, that might be good R158...lol. We MUST be diverse, after all...

by Anonymousreply 160June 3, 2021 2:26 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161June 3, 2021 2:28 PM

Joe Jonas enthusiastically endorses eating them by the plate full.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162June 3, 2021 3:44 PM

I would eat Joe Jonas's ass by the plateful, R162.

by Anonymousreply 163June 3, 2021 5:55 PM

Nobody gives a shit about the Jonas Brothers. Get that shit out of the thread.

by Anonymousreply 164June 4, 2021 5:36 AM

I cut up any peaches that I have to use up and add them to my pancake batter.

If you have preserved peaches, those are better. A little of the syrup in the batter is nice too.

by Anonymousreply 165June 4, 2021 7:44 AM

PANCAKES!

by Anonymousreply 166June 5, 2021 9:26 PM

Is the Lil Bitch OP getting it together this weekend enough to make the pancakes?

by Anonymousreply 167June 5, 2021 9:39 PM

You can probably order them from somewhere

by Anonymousreply 168June 5, 2021 9:41 PM

Iā€™ve never made pancakes in my life. I can make dinner but breakfast is a meal Iā€™ve never really been into. I have to make myself eat it.

by Anonymousreply 169June 5, 2021 9:43 PM

HoJo...do they exist anymore?

by Anonymousreply 170June 5, 2021 9:54 PM

Breakfast is the best meal, and I have it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Nothing better than pancakes, french toast, and waffles... scrambled eggs, hash browns, and nice crisp bacon.... over-easy eggs with toast and sausage... breakfast tacos, breakfast burritos, and breakfast sandwiches... YUM!

by Anonymousreply 171June 5, 2021 10:42 PM

For Godā€™s sake theyā€™re pancakes, itā€™s not like heā€™s making donuts!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172June 5, 2021 10:49 PM

Pancakes Barbara

by Anonymousreply 173June 5, 2021 10:49 PM

OP doesn't say if he's actually near a place that makes them.

Also sounds like he eats then at night, not for breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 174June 5, 2021 10:52 PM

OP's caftan always catches fire when he makes pancakes.

by Anonymousreply 175June 5, 2021 10:57 PM

Just to remind you - never forget Pancake Day! In 2022, it'll be March 1st.

"Shrove Tuesday was named after the custom of Christians to be "shriven" before the start of Lent. In the United Kingdom, Ireland and parts of the Commonwealth, Shrove Tuesday is also known as Pancake Day or Pancake Tuesday, as it became a traditional custom to eat pancakes as a meal... Elsewhere, the day has also been called "Mardi Gras", meaning "Fat Tuesday", after the type of celebratory meal that day."

by Anonymousreply 176June 6, 2021 2:29 AM

R176 For my people, the Pennsylvania Dutch, it is known as Fastnacht Day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177June 6, 2021 2:47 AM

[quote]OP doesn't say if he's actually near a place that makes them. Also sounds like he eats then at night, not for breakfast.

OP here! Nope, I donā€™t live near a place that makes them and you are correct - even if I did, I usually have my cravings for pancakes late at night for some reason, so nothing is open. But even if there was a place open that late that made pancakes, that would be even more of a hassle than making them myself (getting dressed, driving there and back).

BTW, I bought two pieces of cake šŸ° at the grocery store yesterday and ate one yesterday and one today, so I havenā€™t been craving pancakes anymoreā€¦.for now.

Oh and I also bought some frozen French toast sticks for when Iā€™m absolutely desperate and lazy.

by Anonymousreply 178June 6, 2021 2:59 AM

In Rio, they dance in the streets half naked. In Europe, they eat starchy food.

by Anonymousreply 179June 6, 2021 3:16 AM

Some fun facts.

Here in England our pancakes are thin (like crepes) and served with sugar or lemon...and not especially nice. You rarely, if ever see them for sale in cafes or restaurants, especially not these days. I haven't seen them on any menu for years. Nothing like America where they are on every diner menu in the country...and is a BREAKFAST staple....though seemingly NOT available where OP lives.

TRUE STORY: When my Dad was sick I went with him to Boston MA for his treatment. And pancakes for breakfast were NOT available everywhere. I had to go to hotels!

Personally, unlike OP, I wouldn't want them in the middle of the night. Too rich! OP is not like everybody else. He's a one-off.

by Anonymousreply 180June 6, 2021 10:12 AM

[quote]BTW, I bought two pieces of cake šŸ° at the grocery store yesterday

May I ask which sort of cake, OP?

by Anonymousreply 181June 6, 2021 10:15 AM

So, OP... you can't make a cake, either?

by Anonymousreply 182June 6, 2021 12:33 PM

OP is all cake, no pan.

by Anonymousreply 183June 6, 2021 1:32 PM

[quote]So, OP... you can't make a cake, either?

What's he going to do with a whole cake? He likes to spread out his treats - hence the two slices of cake no-pancake-situation he has in front of him right now.

by Anonymousreply 184June 6, 2021 2:37 PM

Surprisingly this has done nothing to spark a craving for pancakes, but suddenly Iā€™m hungry for Angelā€™s Food Cake.

by Anonymousreply 185June 6, 2021 2:48 PM

[quote]Surprisingly this has done nothing to spark a craving for pancakes

Speak for yourself.

I had pancakes for breakfast twice this week. Usually it's just once, on Sundays.

by Anonymousreply 186June 6, 2021 2:51 PM

Do your pour Mrs Butterworth's on them, R186? (not being disparaging - love 'em - but don't eat them because I worry about my blood sugar, even though I'm not diabetic, but definitely don't want to get the Type 2 scourge, I despise needles)

by Anonymousreply 187June 6, 2021 2:56 PM

Damn you, R185.

Now I have to bake an Angel Food cake.

Damn you!

by Anonymousreply 188June 6, 2021 5:27 PM

[quote]Personally, unlike OP, I wouldn't want them in the middle of the night. Too rich! OP is not like everybody else. He's a one-off.

Itā€™s not the first time Iā€™ve been told that.šŸ¤Ŗ

[quote]May I ask which sort of cake, OP?

One slice of Cookies & Cream chocolate cake with Oreo icing and one slice of Red Velvet Cake. I know people knock Red Velvet Cake, but I love it!

by Anonymousreply 189June 6, 2021 10:00 PM

[quote]So, OP... you can't make a cake, either?

I know how to make a cake, but why on earth would I make a cake if Iā€™m too lazy to make pancakes? A cake is twice the trouble, especially considering you have to make icing as well.

[quote]What's he going to do with a whole cake? He likes to spread out his treats - hence the two slices of cake no-pancake-situation he has in front of him right now.

Thank you! Someone gets it!

by Anonymousreply 190June 6, 2021 10:04 PM

You know what I hate about making pancakes? Not so much too cooking itself, but the washing of everything afterwards. The mixing bowl, the measuring cup, the pan, the spatula, rinsing the sticky plate before it goes in the dishwasher. Itā€™s irritating and a bit much for something that probably takes no more than 7 minutes to eat. I just despise dishes!

by Anonymousreply 191June 6, 2021 10:13 PM

This thread has turned into OPā€™s personal blog with commentary.

by Anonymousreply 192June 6, 2021 10:42 PM

R192 I think itā€™s rude to start a thread and then just abandon it when people ask questions and want to know where the OP is at (as has happened in this thread). Just trying to be a good OP.šŸ˜

by Anonymousreply 193June 6, 2021 10:59 PM

[quote] This thread has turned into OPā€™s personal blog with commentary.

So fucking what? People are asking him questions and he's responding.

[quote][R192] I think itā€™s rude to start a thread and then just abandon it when people ask questions

Exactly. I hate when people do that and it's all too common. Mary/192 is jealous of the attention you're getting. Wants everything to be all about him.

[quote]and want to know where the OP is at (as has happened in this thread). Just trying to be a good OP.šŸ˜

You're a mighty fine OP because of it and can turn one line about a longing for pancakes into [bold]THREAD OF THE MONTH.[/bold]

[quote]You know what I hate about making pancakes? Not so much too cooking itself, but the washing of everything afterwards

The trick is to do it right away, with very hot water. Fill the mixing bowl with Fairy liquid and sling everything in.

by Anonymousreply 194June 7, 2021 4:48 AM

Today I had very delicious Raspberry Lemonade Pancakes. They were awesome.

by Anonymousreply 195June 7, 2021 5:55 AM

I can't believe this thread is still going.

But "I want pancakes and I'm too lazy to make them" is admittedly more interesting than the threads I woke up to yesterday that began "OMG!" "OMG!" and "Wow!"

by Anonymousreply 196June 7, 2021 9:54 AM

[quote]This thread has turned into OPā€™s personal blog with commentary.

Now he's not going to respond anymore because you're a snarky cunt and don't get OP's quirky originality.

by Anonymousreply 197June 7, 2021 8:49 PM

OP's a lazy fuck, too. If you don't have the energy to make pancakes, you're a lazy bottom. No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 198June 8, 2021 9:46 AM

R198- Wrong

He's a BOSSY bottom.

by Anonymousreply 199June 8, 2021 11:05 AM

I love my local diner, which makes specialty pancakes, like:

Peanut Butter Banana

Cinnamon Roll

S'Mores

Raspberry Lemonade

Key Lime Pie

Cinnamon Peach

Strawberry Confetti

and a whole lot more. I love the Raspberry Lemonade pancakes the best, but they're all great.

by Anonymousreply 200June 8, 2021 2:54 PM

Ugh, anything sā€™mores should be left to the Girlscouts and camping, it should not be a legitimate flavour choice.

by Anonymousreply 201June 8, 2021 3:38 PM

As soon as I get my weight below 260 pounds ( I know, I'm a FAT WHORE) I will treat myself to a homemade Dutch Baby ( NYT recipe) and serve it with whipped butter and pure maple syrup.

by Anonymousreply 202June 9, 2021 2:49 AM

Never understood having cake for breakfast. Covered in syrup no less. I can do a waffle here or there but it still feels like cake for breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 203June 9, 2021 2:54 AM

R203- It makes more sense than eating donuts for breakfast which is nothing but sugar and deep fried dough. At least pancakes have eggs in them. There is some nutritional contents.

by Anonymousreply 204June 9, 2021 2:57 AM

[quote]Never understood having cake for breakfast. Covered in syrup no less. I can do a waffle here or there but it still feels like cake for breakfast.

Waffles really seem like cake for breakfast, much more so than pancakes.

You can make them with buckwheat and spelt if you want something more health conscious and lower cal.

by Anonymousreply 205June 9, 2021 8:52 AM

& in the meantime that gurl/OP is not coming back after he's been accused of being a lazy bottom and a bossy bottom. Thank, cunts for being so cunty.

by Anonymousreply 206June 9, 2021 8:53 AM

R206 Please! Iā€™ve been on DL over a decade! Iā€™m used to these cunts - they could never scare me off! I just havenā€™t had anything new to say until now - which is I ate 5 frozen cinnamon French toast sticks just now. They were a bit soggy since I just microwaved them instead of putting them in the toaster oven, but they actually tasted good (of course not as good as homemade pancakes!). One day I will get the energy to make them.

by Anonymousreply 207June 9, 2021 9:22 AM

[quote]OP's a lazy fuck, too. If you don't have the energy to make pancakes, you're a lazy bottom. No thanks.

Yep, you got it! I just lay on my back with my legs open and I expect the top to do all the work.ā˜ŗļø

by Anonymousreply 208June 9, 2021 9:24 AM

Can't you buy pancakes in the supermarket and just heat them up? That's what I do here in Norway if I'm too lazy to make them myself.

by Anonymousreply 209June 9, 2021 11:28 AM

"I don't understand cake for breakfast, much less covered in syrup..."

I've heard this from other people. Yet I've never heard anyone not "understand" cake after dinner, much less covered in frosting! Or for birthcakes, weddings, etc.

The timing seems rather arbitrary. Junk food is still junk food after dinner, and eating cake as after-dinner dessert is adding calories on top of calories. Why does that make more sense?

Of course, blood sugar is an issue. I often get a blood sugar crash if I eat just pancakes, and so adding some kind of protein is a very good idea, at least for me.

But insofar as "understanding" the principle from a health perspective, if one is going to indulge in high-calorie junk food, it seems to me to make more sense from a weight management perspective to make it the meal rather than following an 800-calorie dinner with a 600-calorie dessert.

My family didn't generally eat dessert after dinner when I was growing up, and so that was something I never "got." Usually, if I eat junk food, I do it as a meal replacement rather than as an adjunct to a big dinner.

by Anonymousreply 210June 9, 2021 11:36 AM

I have Publix Pancake mix I bought it during quarantine. Just add water. I don't use it now bcz I'm doing Keto. So I use Birch Benders Keto pancake mix...just add water.

You can get fancy if you want. You can add milk or yogurt or sour cream or crushed pecans or blueberries. Add a few drops of vanilla, a teaspoon of corn oil. Easy peasy. Obviously while you crave pancakes you are a dilettante. You are not a true pancake lover.

by Anonymousreply 211June 9, 2021 11:47 AM

[quote]One day I will get the energy to make them.

No. No you won't. Not you, OP. Never.

by Anonymousreply 212June 9, 2021 12:54 PM

[quote]No. No you won't. Not you, OP. Never.

Yes, he will. He'll pull it together and surprise everyone.

& maybe if we're lucking post a photo right here ā¬

by Anonymousreply 213June 9, 2021 5:48 PM

OP- Go to Trader Joe's , they sell frozen pancakes. I've never tried them because although I'm a FAT WHORE I'm not a lazy whore. When I lose 10 pounds I'm going to whip myself up a batch of homemade Sour Cream Pancakes and serve them with whipped butter and pure maple syrup.

by Anonymousreply 214June 9, 2021 5:53 PM

This certainly was the breakout thread of early almost summer. Who knew!

by Anonymousreply 215June 9, 2021 6:25 PM

R215- You mean LATE spring. Summer does not start until June 20th.

by Anonymousreply 216June 9, 2021 6:33 PM

I donā€™t understand the people bitching about how they donā€™t understand the timing of what time of day people eat pancakes šŸ„ž or cake šŸ°. People have cravings at different times, not to mention people have different schedules. The time preference is not that serious.

by Anonymousreply 217June 10, 2021 12:25 AM

I just went out in my garden and picked a few rhubarb stems and cooked that in real OJ, and strawberries, then made rhubard tarts. Having that with tea.

by Anonymousreply 218June 10, 2021 12:27 AM

R219 Thatā€™s nice, but thereā€™s no way lazy OP is going to make tarts from his home grown rhubarb when he canā€™t crack a few eggs, add milk, stir, pour and fry a pancake.

by Anonymousreply 219June 10, 2021 12:30 AM

R218 extends her pinky finger while lifting her delicate teacup to her cherry lips.

by Anonymousreply 220June 10, 2021 12:41 AM

[quote]This certainly was the breakout thread of early almost summer. Who knew!

It's been fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 221June 10, 2021 7:57 AM

R217- When I was a kid in the 1970's we NEVER had pancakes for breakfast, ONLY for dinner.

by Anonymousreply 222June 10, 2021 12:49 PM

[quote]When I was a kid in the 1970's we NEVER had pancakes for breakfast, ONLY for dinner.

The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there.

by Anonymousreply 223June 10, 2021 1:02 PM

In the summer we'd have waffles and ice cream for dinner as a special treat on extremely hot days. Never pancakes.

Pancakes were for Saturday mornings. (Sunday, after early mass, we'd stop at the bakery for hot apple strudel to eat with our bacon and eggs.

by Anonymousreply 224June 10, 2021 1:04 PM

R224- You had such a HEALTHFUL diet as a kid.

by Anonymousreply 225June 10, 2021 1:08 PM

OP when you're feeling ambitious, make up a batch of pancake batter, put it in smallish containers, enough for one serving or two, and then freeze the batter. I do it all the time. Then, if I want pancakes I have them.

by Anonymousreply 226June 10, 2021 4:44 PM

R226, it's not the batter making he hates, it's the washing of all the stuff you soil when you make it. Just the thought of it sends him to his bed.

by Anonymousreply 227June 10, 2021 6:12 PM

R226 That is an excellent idea! Iā€™m going to do that when I finally make them. Because making the batter and cleaning up afterwards is the worst part.

by Anonymousreply 228June 10, 2021 8:12 PM

I wonder if OP's top expects pancakes for breakfast when he stays over.

by Anonymousreply 229June 10, 2021 8:20 PM

I went back and had the raspberry lemonade pancakes again. God those are so good.

by Anonymousreply 230June 11, 2021 4:47 AM

Here you go, OP.

ATK to the rescue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231June 12, 2021 4:45 PM

Where is that gurl, OP?

by Anonymousreply 232June 20, 2021 11:50 AM

At Denny's. Eating pancakes.

by Anonymousreply 233June 20, 2021 11:51 AM

Iā€™m thinking French Toast with fresh blueberries myself for brunch today. Yum!

by Anonymousreply 234June 20, 2021 2:57 PM

I made a mess of my Sunday Pancakes - over whipped the batter - they were tough and rubbery.

by Anonymousreply 235June 20, 2021 4:21 PM

I had freshly made Buckwheat pancakes with fresh blueberries...life is good.

by Anonymousreply 236June 20, 2021 5:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!