Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bo Burnham "INSIDE" on Netflix

Just dropped ... his Covid-Lockdown show. He did it all in his room over the last year.

And he spends a fair amount of time in his underwear. Showing package and VPL. In case you're interested.

I've had a crush on him since I first saw him. He's VERY talented. The show is very well done, and intermittently very funny, but all of it is showing a lot of talent. And I'm sorry, but I find him hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60a day ago

He’s gross looking. Didn’t he used to be cute?

by Anonymousreply 105/30/2021

I feel like going inside Bo Burnham would result in a lot of shit on your dick.

by Anonymousreply 205/30/2021

He was cute, and now he's kinda hipster-hot.

He's not gross.

I'm still very attracted to him, and crushing on him.

by Anonymousreply 305/30/2021

I only know him from Promising Young Woman. Is he funny?

by Anonymousreply 405/30/2021

His first Netflix special was hilarious.

This one is more ... existential. But the song "White Woman's Instagram" was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 505/30/2021

It's interesting to watch him deteriorate over the course of the covid year... he doesn't cut his hair or shave, so you can tell pretty much when each segment was done. Towards the end he shows himself singing the same song near the beginning and near the end, and the difference is striking.

It's a great mirror reflecting what a lot of people went through during lockdown. The humor tempered by teh reality of how mentally difficult it was... and how many people were, if only temporary, broken.

It's a courageous performance.

by Anonymousreply 605/30/2021

Review:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 705/30/2021

Is that ugly guy at R7 supposed to be him?

by Anonymousreply 805/30/2021

After a year of quarantine with no shave and no hair-cut, yes.

by Anonymousreply 905/30/2021

I think he's cute

by Anonymousreply 1005/31/2021

He just doesn’t have that “it” factor. He looks like some bum you pass on the street that you wouldn’t even notice. Whereas John Mulaney just looks like he should be famous and you would definitely notice him.

by Anonymousreply 1105/31/2021

He’s crazy intelligent and quick in real life. He lived down the block for awhile in nyc. Went to the same coffee shop every morning at 6:15 am. Got to know him very slightly. A good guy

by Anonymousreply 1205/31/2021

Thinks he can make gay jokes because he was a drama nerd.

by Anonymousreply 1305/31/2021

I thought Words Words Words had exceedingly clever lyrics, and that made him hot. Of course that was like 10 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 1405/31/2021

Here's a clip from the show that gives you a sense of what it's like. (I'm sure the clip will be taken down soon.)

I watched "Inside" a second time the next night to see if it really was as great as I thought it was. (I never do that.) For me, the second viewing was even better.

I've read a lot of "it's a masterpiece" reviews but I couldn't find a negative one (yet).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1506/01/2021

Another YouTube clip not long for this world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1606/01/2021

His real name is Robert. That signals 'douche'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1706/01/2021

R12 don't you know, the DL doesn't like good guys.

by Anonymousreply 1806/01/2021

Netflix released one clip today on Youtube, so at least this one should stay up.

"FaceTime with My Mom Tonight"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1906/01/2021

The best song was "White Woman's Instagram". That was hilarious. Had me laughing out loud.

by Anonymousreply 2006/01/2021

Welcome to the Internet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2106/02/2021

I watched this today and was blown away. I’ve always dismissed Bo because he got his start on YouTube....he’s actually quite talented.

And as far as looks go, he’s just my type (tall, dark hair, blue eyes)

by Anonymousreply 2206/02/2021

DL content from "Inside" (not intentional on Bo's part)-

Opening song:

[quote] Daddy made you your favorite (content) . Open wide. Here comes the content.

From the song, "I'm Turning Thirty"

[quote] I'm turning thirty (Turning thirty, turning thirty) [quote] And now my stupid friends are having stupid children [quote] My stupid friends are having stupid children [quote] My stupid friends are having stupid children [quote] Stupid, fucking ugly, boring children

by Anonymousreply 2306/06/2021

It is a work of genius.

by Anonymousreply 2406/08/2021

Stunning and brave

by Anonymousreply 2506/08/2021

Bo gives me hope that at least some small part of the next generation won't suck.

by Anonymousreply 2606/08/2021

He has about 22 reviews and 100% rating on Rottentomatoes for Inside. "Masterpiece" is a term used more here than I've seen it in reviews lately.

This from Slate

[quote] When your show's premise is tap dancing over an abyss, you have to be a spectacular tap dancer, and fortunately, Burnham is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2706/08/2021

I stumbled across this guy on YT about 10 years ago and his big claim to fame at the time was his "My Whole Family Thinks I'm Gay" video. His humor was, and still is, witty and intelligent. And, as people have mentioned, he is talented.

I'm looking forward to watching "Inside" immediately after this post. A great way to spend Tuesday evening...inside.

by Anonymousreply 2806/08/2021

I'm found about this guy on YT about 10 years ago, and his claim to fame at that time was his "My Whole Family Thinks I'm Gay" video. His humor is sophisticated, witty and intelligent.

I'm looking forward to watching it immediately after this post. It'll be a great way to spend a Tuesday evening...inside.

by Anonymousreply 2906/08/2021

^^ Oops, sorry for the double post. DL gave me a message saying "can't post message", so I typed it again and posted.

by Anonymousreply 3006/08/2021

He is cute. His hair doesn’t look particularly dark, though. Looks like dark blond or light brown.

Tim Dillon had a funny bit about Burnham and his white guilt. “I’m an asshole for taking this paycheck from Netflix, but I’m doing it anyway.”

I haven’t seen the special. My first thought is, why was he so isolated? Was he quarantining for 15 months? Because that’s a really extreme Covid experience, if so. Maybe you didn’t party with your homies, or French kiss strangers, and you had to wear a mask in stores and other public places but... it’s not like we were all forced to stay inside alone for 15 months because the air was radioactive or something.

But maybe I should watch the special first. It just seems like that’s what his experience was, based on all the promotional material I’ve seen, and a couple clips and reviews.

by Anonymousreply 3106/08/2021

Very attractive with the long hair and beard.

by Anonymousreply 3206/09/2021

I would like Bo Burnham Inside me.

by Anonymousreply 3306/09/2021

Maybe he's a DLer. He mentions "straining your pasta" in his ditty about the internet from the film.

by Anonymousreply 3406/09/2021

I can't believe he's 6'5" ... SWOON!

by Anonymousreply 3506/09/2021

R35 I love those tall lanky ones.

And if he's packing....double swoon!

by Anonymousreply 3606/09/2021

R36, in "Inside" he's in his underwear a lot, and there's definitely impressive VPL going on there.

by Anonymousreply 3706/09/2021

All the songs contained in "Inside" have been released by Bo as an album on Spotify and other music streaming services as of Thursday, 6/10/21.

by Anonymousreply 3806/09/2021

If you are totally unfamiliar with Burnham's work, i wouldn't start here. Check out his last special and/or the one before that. Then watch this. Work your way backwards if you like his stuff. He's a brilliant human and a funny comedian and a decent musician, but this is a very specific work created by pandemic limitations. Under any circumstance, you'll appreciate it more if you see what he's capable of in a regular act, not while he's trying to make art stuck alone in an empty room

by Anonymousreply 3906/09/2021

I still don’t understand why he was “stuck alone in an empty room” making this.

by Anonymousreply 4006/10/2021

[quote] I still don’t understand why he was “stuck alone in an empty room” making this.

I'm concerned this will become a popular trend with production companies since it drastically cuts production costs. Like lock Meryl Streep in a broom closet with an iPhone and let her out when you get Art.

by Anonymousreply 4106/10/2021

He probably wasn't R40.

by Anonymousreply 4206/12/2021

I know people who have basically quarantined themselves for the last 15 months out of paranoia or…whatever motivates them. Watched this and thought it was good. My favorite was him doing commentary on Unpaid Intern. Very funny.

by Anonymousreply 4306/12/2021

But is his Netflix special supposed to be a realistic representation of what his pandemic experience was?

by Anonymousreply 4406/12/2021

I'm not ready yet. I am not into watching anything pandemic related. It's a turn off, but this does look interesting.

by Anonymousreply 4506/12/2021

Screenshot of vpl please

by Anonymousreply 4606/12/2021

R40, I think you're taking things too literally and thus reaching a false conclusion about Burnham's "documentary". It's unlikely that he spent the entirety of the pandemic completely confined to his home, never leaving the confines thereof, or never having visitors.

Like many people, he probably adhered to the lockdowns mandated by the CA state government as much as possible, venturing into public spaces only if absolutely necessary. People really had no idea how bad the pandemic might get, and subsequent surges made people even more fearful, which motivated them to isolate even further, which it seems he may have done.

The premise of the documentary is basically that of someone with an enormous amount of free time on their hands as a result of self-isolation, being alone with their thoughts, and passing the time in a way that is central to their nature. That is, extreme self-indulgence into their creative energy and making a film in the context of an unprecedented time in modern history.

by Anonymousreply 4706/12/2021

He didn’t have a girlfriend who would come over and fuck him? I don’t know anyone his age who isolated to that extent. I’ll watch his special for the VPL, but I maintain the premise is absurd.

by Anonymousreply 4806/12/2021

[quote] But is his Netflix special supposed to be a realistic representation of what his pandemic experience was?

Of course not. His loose assemblage of somewhat random elements is neither loose, not random, not something that grew organically. It's carefully plotted, with lots of careful references to his earlier work.

There's a long and richly detailed analysis at the link that suggests it's a realistic representation only not of his pandemic experience but if history of a pandemic experience. More true than the truth, you could say.

Even the set turns fake at the end where he exits through a too tiny door to enter the outside world. It's not the outside world that's big, it's the Inside?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4906/12/2021

Excellent assessment R47. Nice to read something intelligent after the bewildered musings of some nitwit who just didn't get the point.

by Anonymousreply 5006/13/2021

I was so excited to watch this. It got 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. I made the popcorn and poured a glass of Chardonnay. 20 minutes in I turned it off. And I’m a creative, intelligent person. It just didn’t resonate with me. Or maybe I’m just over all the woke culture.

by Anonymousreply 5106/13/2021

Yeah, "I'm just over woke culture" as a reason is a red flag on you, not on the show. Jesus, WTF is wrong with you when THAT is your reaction.

by Anonymousreply 5206/13/2021

TOTALLY R52. It reeks of Trumpian brainwashing. "Woke" is Fox news' word of the decade. The second I see that word the post loses credibility.

by Anonymousreply 5306/14/2021

This is all very interesting but could someone please post the underwear, package and VPL shots mentioned by OP?

by Anonymousreply 5406/14/2021

His "What" special was about 8 years ago when he was 22 years old. Even then you had an idea about how big he could be. He did all the offscreen character voices in this finale song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5506/14/2021

I can't remember the last time I thought something was truly brilliant, but this special is. It's spectacular and he is an amazingly talented person. I've enjoyed his work in the past but this is next level. He has the talent to write a musical.

by Anonymousreply 5606/15/2021

I feel the same, R56. It's brilliant and courageous.

by Anonymousreply 57Last Monday at 3:19 PM

I love it. He's not wearing any makeup. And he still looks good. I've laughed out loud a few times.

by Anonymousreply 58Last Wednesday at 8:27 PM

I loved it. The only shitty things I've heard about it are my washed up musician friends who about 10 years older and just seething with jealously. The songs are so catchy, I keep singing them. I'm watching it again tonight.

by Anonymousreply 59a day ago

There is plenty to see on a second viewing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60a day ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!