Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Michael Jackson

If he hadn’t died, would he still be a has been and joke?

by Anonymousreply 193June 12, 2021 7:26 PM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 1May 31, 2021 4:38 AM

Yes. I wonder what his kids would’ve been like had he raised them to adulthood.

by Anonymousreply 2May 31, 2021 4:41 AM

He would be cellmates with Bill Crosby.

by Anonymousreply 3May 31, 2021 4:48 AM

He would currently be completely cancelled due to me too and widespread discussion of the molestation accusations. He would be done.

by Anonymousreply 4May 31, 2021 4:54 AM

Doo doo and feces

by Anonymousreply 5May 31, 2021 5:13 AM

Considering what a mental and physical wreck he was near the end it's amazing that it was set up for him to perform a demanding series of performances called the "This Is It" tour. How could he have done it? I don't think he could have managed it and a lot of shows would have had to be cancelled, enraging his dimwit fans. Or maybe he would have died onstage. In any case, he was in no shape to go on tour. But he was in debt up to his eyeballs, so I guess he thought the money he made from the tour would make him solvent again. But I doubt it. Considering his spending habits his finances would have always been in the red.

by Anonymousreply 6May 31, 2021 5:19 AM

Like said above, he would be completely eviscerated in the public sphere and may even be in prison like Cosby over the molestation allegations.

by Anonymousreply 7May 31, 2021 5:41 AM

As a popular music artist, he was in serious trouble at the time he died. He had not released an album in about 8 years, and his albums had sold less and less well since the early 90s--the last time period that anyone could seriously claim he was a major force in music outside of legacy material. Had he lived, I doubt his fortunes would have turned around. His image was tarnished beyond repair by his bizarre behavior, lifestyle, plastic surgery, and the allegations of child abuse. I could see him releasing some new music now and then to minimal fanfare (I'm pretty sure it would have sounded very dated, even if newly recorded), but mostly he would be living as a complete recluse a la Greta Garbo in her later years, or, even more likely, Howard Hughes.

by Anonymousreply 8May 31, 2021 5:58 AM

He was smart to die before today's political climate where he would have been eviscerated.

by Anonymousreply 9May 31, 2021 6:16 AM

[quote] He was smart to die before today's political climate where he would have been eviscerated.

If he’d been eviscerated, he would’ve kept his bowels in a jar on display.

by Anonymousreply 10May 31, 2021 2:18 PM

I’m not so sure he would be eviscerated. Even after the LN documentary and all the obvious evidence, he still has a ton of defenders. Hell, Hollywood stars defended him when he was alive and some still do. He benefitted from being (biologically) black because the racism card has been tossed around and, unlike R. Kelly, his victims were non POC so...

by Anonymousreply 11May 31, 2021 2:59 PM

Michael may have been able to last for a few more years, but his nose was on its last legs.

by Anonymousreply 12May 31, 2021 3:12 PM

He wouldn't have survived #MeToo.

by Anonymousreply 13May 31, 2021 3:32 PM

Agree with R11. Blacks wouldn't fully abandon him, especially since that would mean acknowledging the same sex nature of his molestation.

by Anonymousreply 14May 31, 2021 3:54 PM

Obvious evidence? If you read the evidence, the credibility of Safechuck and the other one falls apart quickly. EeeeHeee was a freak and mentally ill, but I don't think he diddled those kids. And it was proven that Jordan and the other one were grifters. Staff that gave testimonies were previously fired for theft and sold stories to the tabs.

Not a fan of his music but I do think he put himself in a position to be setup.

Would also low key love to see the corpse photo with his nose tip missing.

by Anonymousreply 15May 31, 2021 4:00 PM

He probably would have been confidant to Jizz-alone, you know what they say, birds of a feather…

by Anonymousreply 16May 31, 2021 4:01 PM

Jizz-laine**** LOL

by Anonymousreply 17May 31, 2021 4:02 PM

I've always wondered what would have happened to that horror show face as he got older and older.

by Anonymousreply 18May 31, 2021 4:04 PM

Do u believe that he and Madonna were together.. I don’t

by Anonymousreply 19May 31, 2021 4:14 PM

Had he lived, he would have spent a lot of time and money defending himself and suppressing the facts. And while that may have been effective initially, the eventual "me too" movement would have brought it all back to the surface and he would (again) face a lot of scrutiny.

by Anonymousreply 20May 31, 2021 4:16 PM

He'd be mud in America but could travel around the world doing tours and making millions.

And abusing children.

by Anonymousreply 21May 31, 2021 4:45 PM

R15 = bullshit. Where is it proven that Jordan or the others were grifters? Don’t post some fruit loop site whose only existence is to defend him either.

Jordan was smart to take the money because no jury would convict MJ as we later saw. At least it tarnished Michael a bit and Jordan got some form of justice. There are still dipshits like R15 out there that think Michael was ‘set up.’ Even after he was caught with Jordan, his compulsion and ego were so big that he still couldn’t stop it with the boys.

by Anonymousreply 22May 31, 2021 4:49 PM

I think he would be a total recluse if he wasnt cancelled by metoo. His music would continue to be influential however. Michael Jacksons catalog and body of work is a product of not just Michael, but also Quincy Jones, Teddy Riley, Berry Gordy and ton of other brilliant people who made him what he was.

by Anonymousreply 23May 31, 2021 6:16 PM

I agree that MJ would probably be a recluse if he were around today, he was already heading in that direction anyway. He would have his defenders, but most people would've cancelled him if he were still around. He was one sick freak.

by Anonymousreply 24May 31, 2021 6:38 PM

"Obvious evidence? "

He would take little boys into his bedroom, into his bed, and close the door (which had an alarm on it). I think that's pretty "obvious evidence." What man who is NOT a child molester does that?

by Anonymousreply 25May 31, 2021 8:39 PM

He would have transitioned to 'Michaela' by now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 31, 2021 8:51 PM

The media has been out to get me since day one. These allegations are false. I will be vindicated. 🤡

by Anonymousreply 27May 31, 2021 9:02 PM

R26, that's so creepy. His eyes just scream "I want to molest your children".

by Anonymousreply 28May 31, 2021 10:22 PM

He got plastic surgery so he would have "doe" eyes. With all that's been said about Michael Jackson, I'm surprised that this fact wasn't trumpeted from the rooftops: HE WANTED TO BE A WOMAN. He wanted to be a woman and could only have sex with little boys. Was there ever a celebrity more insane than Michael Jackson? I think when it comes to insanity, he took the cake.

by Anonymousreply 29May 31, 2021 11:21 PM

Yes, I believe that he would have.

by Anonymousreply 30May 31, 2021 11:43 PM

I actually have a funny story to tell you about Michael. I had a friend that worked at Wacko years ago. Kind of a novelty store in Hollywood. They closed the store so that Michael could shop. My friend was remembering there was this book that was full of pictures of children. He said I kept thinking to himself, I wonder if he’s going to grab that book. Said he was very nice he looked at the perfumes and things. But when he checked out he had that book of children.

by Anonymousreply 31May 31, 2021 11:52 PM

People are in denial because MJ gaslight the entire world. He started early with that “lies and ignorance” bullshit, too. As far back as Thriller when he planted stories in the tabloids (Hyperbaric chamber, elephant man’s bones) then would come out with poor me, I’m so childlike, don’t believe those crazy tabloid stories. Lying comes as easy to him (and that whole damn family) as breathing,

by Anonymousreply 32June 1, 2021 12:15 AM

R29 " was there ever a celebrity more insane?" Probably not. The surgery was certainly the most insane I've seen in a celeb. The only exception I can think of are those two twin brothers famous in France who absolutely destroyed their faces. I can't recall their names.

by Anonymousreply 33June 1, 2021 12:28 AM

Nikole Hannah Jones would be saying that WHITE SUPREMACY caused Michael Jackson to sexually abuse all of those boys.

by Anonymousreply 34June 1, 2021 12:55 AM

I hate the way Madonna acts now but I do find it really sad that she has lost fans for being old and aging badly while a man can rape children and look like a freak and still be celebrated around the world. MJ is the third biggest legacy artist on spotify. Only Queen and The Beatles do better.

by Anonymousreply 35June 1, 2021 1:02 AM

R29, I think he wanted to look like his sexual ideal, a very pretty young boy. And a lot of his fluttery mannerisms were aimed at convincing parents, fans and potential victims that he was frail and harmless and could not possibly be a sexual aggressor.

by Anonymousreply 36June 1, 2021 1:13 AM

He totally fucked those kids. The evidence is overwhelming. Young boys were his constant companions. Adult men do not spend that much time around young boys who they are not related to.

by Anonymousreply 37June 1, 2021 1:15 AM

I think if he would have lived. He selling off a lot of his stuff. Wasn’t he just about broke when he died. I think that’s the only reason why the Estate has grown. It’s because he’s not around to blow it. But he would definitely be canceled. I think more people would have came out of the woodwork. He was a sick man.

by Anonymousreply 38June 1, 2021 1:16 AM

Grow men do not try to sound like they’re 10 years old.

by Anonymousreply 39June 1, 2021 1:17 AM

If he had lived, Michael would be a contestant on E's BOTCHED show.

by Anonymousreply 40June 1, 2021 1:46 AM

Miss Streisand said those kids were lucky to be "visiting" with Michael (before she took it back), and her worshiping gays would worship again.

by Anonymousreply 41June 1, 2021 1:53 AM

Jackson was a nasty pedophile and he was deeply mentally unstable, drug addicted and had become a laughing stock caricature through his plastic surgery and insanity. He also died nearly broke.

If he had have lived he would have been socially ostracized and turned into an unspeakable subject. It is only because he died and that his music has survived. Had he lived and his pedophilia/other insane activities been properly investigated and him prosecuted and imprisoned, his music and any other legacy would have been withdrawn from play/mention.

There is a lot of money at play in this situation which is why the Jackson family and hangers on are so vicious in their attempts to discredit and vilify his child pedophile victims and deflect Jackson's crimes. Millions of dollars are at stake. The Jackson's are a family of grifters and liars because they all knew exactly what was going on and what he was doing. The rabid fans who defend him (they are like Scientology clams) hang on steadfastly to the younger, more innocent, untarnished Michael Jackson that had long gone towards the end of his life.

A lot of bad and critical things can be said about Madonna but one thing that should never been forgotten is that she refused to have anything to do with Jackson after she worked out what he was doing to kids.

by Anonymousreply 42June 1, 2021 2:27 AM

"He totally fucked those kids. The evidence is overwhelming."

He totally did not. And there is no 'evidence'. Except greedy parents who set the whole thing up, then tried to sue him later.

Nobody said, "Michael bent me over the chair and sodomized me" or "Michael put his thing in my mouth".

by Anonymousreply 43June 1, 2021 3:27 AM

Nobody had the chance R43 because Jackson died. Most pedophile cases come out years later when the children are grown adults and are able to properly understand and function through the prosecution process.

Too many credible people knew. There was too much credible evidence from victims and witnesses. Too many victims whose lives have been visibly destroyed.

You can put your head in the sand all you like but smoke = fire. It just does.

by Anonymousreply 44June 1, 2021 3:35 AM

The two men who did that documentary not that long ago went into detail about what happened. It was so sick.

by Anonymousreply 45June 1, 2021 3:36 AM

r43 what kind of fucking grown man hangs out with young boys 24/7? Takes them on "dates," travels everywhere with them, and even has sleepovers with them? That is not normal behavior. MJ was hiding in plain sight all those years. Just because a person is famous and talented doesn't mean they can't be a sick child molester.

by Anonymousreply 46June 1, 2021 3:37 AM

There are so many people on Twitter and Tumblr who defend Jackson, it's really disheartening. I remember watching the Batman Lego movie which featured a Michael Jackson song and being shocked by that, yet when I looked on Twitter for what I assumed would be a ton of snark about it, saw nothing. Reviews talked about how sweet it was that a lovely Michael Jackson quote was the basis of the important message in the film. So gross.

by Anonymousreply 47June 1, 2021 3:44 AM

Apparently he had lots of cash hidden around his home, and that hoebag Janet and the old heffer Katherine were at his home searching for it before his body was cold. He was used and abused his entire life.

by Anonymousreply 48June 1, 2021 3:44 AM

R29 And yet he was never forced into a conservatorship. SMH

by Anonymousreply 49June 1, 2021 3:50 AM

I love these children more than anything! I will not allow these sick individuals to erase my legacy! 🤡

by Anonymousreply 50June 1, 2021 3:51 AM

Actually, I think MJ would have done ok if he lived. His large and rabid fan base disbelieves ANYTHiNG negative about him. He could have transitioned into more of a singer/performer and continued to earn money.

The child abuse thing would always be out there, but there was no way to get at him legally. Some folks might cacnel him, but his rabid fanbase would have kept him in cash via live shows. I believed Jimmy, but not the other one. Jimmy is a bit more timid. I don’t think he would have said anything if MJ was still alive.

His appearance would continue to get more bizarre as he tried to fight aging. Truthfully I thought his rock bottom problem was gender identity. Because he knew that would never float socially or in His wacky Jehovah Witness family, he got feminine surgeries one time and a big square chin the next. This would have continued until he would look even more like the Joker. The trans thing also got mixed up in his sexual orientation and acting out with children. I don’t think he was bright enough to figure out what was wrong on his own. His attraction to young boys struck me as him perhaps reliving his first sexual experience in some twisted way. He was really a sick person-not really competant. Hopefully as he got older his sex drive would diminish anyway and hopefully less parents would send their boys for sleep overs.

by Anonymousreply 51June 1, 2021 3:52 AM

R44 I think because of the circumstances there were few credible witnesses and no corroborating evidence. The cases against him came down to he said/he said. Just like in the Casey Anthony case these days a jury will not be able (smart enough) to piece together fragments/threads of circumstantial evidence. Unless there is a smoking gun sex tape (gross!) of Jacko having sex with some boy he would have beaten the charges every time.

by Anonymousreply 52June 1, 2021 3:58 AM

He's better off dead. I was amazed how his story all of a sudden changed when he died.

by Anonymousreply 53June 1, 2021 3:59 AM

I often think about the Harkle's child, Archie, and his soon-to-be sister. What's going to happen when Archie and sister are school age and older? I picture them like MJ with his kids. Poor "Archie" and his sister, walking around with huge scarves over their heads.

by Anonymousreply 54June 1, 2021 3:59 AM

I wonder if Jackson hadn’t died would wade robson still be enamored with Jackson?

Some of the parents were grifters, but that’s the type of parent he went after someone who could be easily bought and manipulated.

by Anonymousreply 55June 1, 2021 4:01 AM

There's no way he'd be alive in 2021 if he hadn't died in 2009. In the This Is It movie he looked emaciated, and I don't think he could have coped with old age. I'm surprised he even made it to 50.

by Anonymousreply 56June 1, 2021 4:03 AM

Did his penis resemble a Dalmatian?

by Anonymousreply 57June 1, 2021 4:07 AM

R55, he often went after kids that had problems at home. Jordan’s parents were divorced and I think there was some acrimony. The dad was a Beverly Hills dentist and wrote some screenplays, so hardly a poor family. I think more than anything MJ was able to manipulate and frankly buy the parents off with the rich and glamorous lifestyle. My sister is wealthy but do I think she would have been one of these parents jetting around the world and allowing her son to ‘spend time’ time with MJ? Unfortunately, the answer is yes.

It’s interesting because in 1990s I would have thought his star power waned, you’d think that younger kids wouldn’t have been so enamored by him, but he was still getting the kids and parents in his web. If he was alive today I doubt many kids would be interested in hanging out with a 63 year old man.

On a side note, this is supposedly a fairly recent picture of Jordan. He grew up to be quite gorgeous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58June 1, 2021 4:57 AM

HBO would not have dared produce that hatchet piece of a schlockumentary if he had not died. Otherwise, they would’ve lost even more in court and they already did.

by Anonymousreply 59June 1, 2021 5:07 AM

He really did all of this is in plain sight as we just looked the other way or just brushed it off as him being kooky.

I still remember in 1993, before the allegations broke, when Jackson was at the World Music Awards and Jordan was sitting on his lap. Someone was performing - I think it may have been Taylor Dayne or Whitney or someone else - and there was Michael bopping to the music as Jordan sat on his knee. It was bizarre. And the cameras kept cutting back to the two of them. Creepy.

It also annoyed me how Jackson always portrayed himself as some victim. "I didn't have a childhood". Yada yada yada. We get it. Many of us had shitty childhoods. I may still buy toys as collector items. But I have no desire to hang out with kids. I can't really understand a grown man wanting to hang out with young kids on a regular basis. And every six months, there seemed to be a new kid. It was creepy.

But MJ has so many defenders that I don't know if he would have been cancelled by #MeToo. It's like what Oprah said on the HBO special post-LN, she knew she was going to hear from the MJ loons and sure enough, she did. And still does.

And he used that excuse for years. How many years do you need to hang out with kids to make up for the childhood you supposedly lost?

by Anonymousreply 60June 1, 2021 5:12 AM

I think he would have gone to college and got a degree in early childhood education then opened up a chain of day care centers. “Uncle Mike’s Tender Touch Day Care”

by Anonymousreply 61June 1, 2021 5:19 AM

One of the things that gets me about MJ and the African American community is that most of the ones I knew growing up hated him. They said he was a sellout, a freak, and tried to be white. But, the moment he died they changed to he was a great artist and the molestation should never be spoken about again and the skin whiting was just because he suffered from vitiligo, though that doesn’t explain the nose.

by Anonymousreply 62June 1, 2021 5:20 AM

Whilst the court of public opinion would have found him guilty of kiddy fiddling, a court of law, on the other hand, wouldn't. Twitter may have cancelled him, but no court would have found him guilty.

Would he of worked again? Hard to tell, given that his mental and physical health would continue to dog him though. He wouldn't have been short of fans, but whether his body would have been up to it, I have no idea.

That leads me to believe that he would of continued to lead a reclusive lifestyle. Living out his fantasy lifestyle alone in a big house. Dogged by pain and mental health issues.

by Anonymousreply 63June 1, 2021 5:32 AM

That’s pretty much par for the course, R62. OJ was also disliked especially by black women since he married a white woman after leaving his black wife. Any other man would’ve been found guilty of those murders. Not OJ with a majority black women jury. Years later one had the audacity to say she might not do it again (acquit) if she could go back because she thought he’d do more for the black community after they let him walk and he didn’t.

by Anonymousreply 64June 1, 2021 5:37 AM

r54, and what the hell does that have to do with Michael Jackson?

Stick to the topic at hand please. We don't need your own personal vendetta against some cast off part of the Royal family in here.

by Anonymousreply 65June 1, 2021 5:40 AM

"... what kind of fucking grown man hangs out with young boys 24/7"

A man who had to work his whole childhood. A man who was bright but uneducated, and felt shy and inferior around adults. A man who was surrounded by people who constantly wanted things from him. A man who was probably gay or transgender but wanted kids of his own.

Why don't you give him the benefit of the doubt instead of defining him based on greedy lawsuits?

by Anonymousreply 66June 1, 2021 5:41 AM

[R65]

Apparently you have low comprehension skills. Let me explain it to you. Did you read that I said they reminded me of how MJ raised his kids? So, the topic I was addressing was about Michael Jackson and the way he raised his children.

That's how it works. You read a headline that says Michael Jackson, and then you type a reply about Michael Jackson. Get it now?

by Anonymousreply 67June 1, 2021 5:51 AM

r66 there are lots of former child stars who don't hang around kids all the time. For a grown man to hang around kids 24/7 and travel with them and have sleepovers with them is very abnormal behavior.

by Anonymousreply 68June 1, 2021 5:59 AM

Face it. He liked to make them boys spread their butt cheeks and show him some butthole.

by Anonymousreply 69June 1, 2021 6:15 AM

Even if he didn't fuck those boys, his behavior with them was still extremely emotionally abusive and wrong.

He befriended them, then when they got too old he would trade them in for a newer, younger boy. That in and of itself is really, really sick.

by Anonymousreply 70June 1, 2021 6:16 AM

[quote]Actually, I think MJ would have done ok if he lived.

He was for all intents and purposes broke when he died. He hadn't had a hit in years, and I don't see him reinventing himself and becoming relevant again. How was he going to continue his extravagant lifestyle?

by Anonymousreply 71June 1, 2021 6:18 AM

I'm sure with the right financial advisor he would be able to live comfortably. Relocation to SE Asia would see him out of the limelight.

Some people would still buy any new creative work.

by Anonymousreply 72June 1, 2021 6:47 AM

R66 No, just NO. I love how defenders gloss over his preferences for a certain age and sex 🙄 He didn't "like to hang out with children" he liked to hang out with boys 9-13.

by Anonymousreply 73June 1, 2021 9:26 AM

He liked to suck little boy penis. He was a depraved, grotesque human being.

by Anonymousreply 74June 1, 2021 9:56 AM

MJ still has more support than Cosby these days.

by Anonymousreply 75June 1, 2021 10:02 AM

I think he would have made a new album, which would have sold in the far east.

by Anonymousreply 76June 1, 2021 10:28 AM

[quote]Even if he didn't fuck those boys, his behavior with them was still extremely emotionally abusive and wrong.

He fucked those boys.

by Anonymousreply 77June 1, 2021 12:21 PM

He did want to be a woman with fine features, Kabuki skin, permanent eyeliner, brows and lip liner, a soft coo voice but then he gets a cleft chin a la Kirk Douglas, wears military based clothes and has a ton of toys to play with. It’s bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 78June 1, 2021 3:40 PM

R71. MJ would have been ok because the music industry has greatly changed. The money is no longer in album sales: it is in the live performances and merchandise. After the “This is it” tour which was selling quite well, MJ could have “transitioned” into a Vegas type act where there would be less physical demand. His loony mega fans would have provides him with a handsome income attending his Vegas shows and buying his tacky souvies.

by Anonymousreply 79June 1, 2021 4:16 PM

Supposing Jackson survived his OD, he likely would have been a Betty Ford resident for a bit. His supply of boys may have dried up when the OD showed how sick he really was. MJ was in no condition to be raising his “own” children, let alone someone elses brats. Who knows MJ might have become rehabiliated.

by Anonymousreply 80June 1, 2021 4:20 PM

R78. I suspect the extremes were part of the transgender body dysmorphia. He probably went thru phases where he wantee more feminization and then want to Butch it up as a reaction against feminization. It’s a pretty common kind of process among trans.

by Anonymousreply 81June 1, 2021 4:22 PM

Yeah, in retrospect it was obvious he not only had self identity issue regarding race, but gender as well. He was trying to morph into a white woman.

by Anonymousreply 82June 1, 2021 6:10 PM

Amazing how the parents of the boys he molested just handed their kids over to him, this very strange celebrity who wanted to have "sleepovers" with them. But greed is a powerful motivating force. The mother of Jordie Chandler received diamond and ruby jewelry from Jackson as a "token", he said. A bribe was what it was. One of the mothers in "Leaving Neverland" gushed about meeting celebrities like Sean Connery (swoon!) and partaking of the fine wines that Jackson provided at Neverland. In return for all these perks she gave her son to Jackson as a playmate, and supposedly unbeknownst to her, a lover. I always thought charges should have been brought against the mothers of these boys. They instigated their son's molestation; it was child abuse. They were as responsible as Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 83June 1, 2021 8:21 PM

R78 and R81, 𝑛𝑜, he was not endeavoring to transition into a woman. The ideal to which he was aspiring, destroying his face in the repeated attempts, was to make himself resemble Peter Pan, the 1953 animated character.

Stop trying to make 'trans' happen with regards to this subject.

by Anonymousreply 84June 1, 2021 9:45 PM

He would have disappeared into Dubai or somewhere, never to be seen again, or only the occasional "sighting."

by Anonymousreply 85June 1, 2021 9:49 PM

R52 The problem with the Casey Anthony case is that the prosecution went for Murder 1. They were never going to get that. Caylee died by accident in the trunk of her mother's car. Casey frequently drugged Caylee so she would sleep as Casey went clubbing. If the charge had been manslaughter, she would have done prison time.

by Anonymousreply 86June 1, 2021 11:24 PM

"The ideal to which he was aspiring, destroying his face in the repeated attempts, was to make himself resemble Peter Pan, the 1953 animated character."

Peter Pan never wore lipstick, false eyelashes and a long pageboy wig. Michael Jackson wanted to be a WOMAN.

by Anonymousreply 87June 1, 2021 11:32 PM

I think that what he wanted was to be Mark Lester in "Oliver!". They were friends, and I think L:ester epitomized what Michael wanted to be, a cute white boy with a cute nose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88June 1, 2021 11:43 PM

A lot of Black people did not and do not defend Michael Jackson's actions or any of the other Jacksons. Sure, we enjoyed his music and see him as someone who broke boundaries in the music industry and pop culture as a Black man back in the 80s. But plenty of us knew he was sick and self-hating. Stand-up comics were mocking Michael back in the 80s. The plastic surgeries, wigs and skin whitening went way beyond wanting to make himself look more attractive. He wanted to change his entire racial makeup. Joe Jackson really instilled some self-hate into his children. Majority of the Jacksons got nose jobs and have non-Black spouses. Jackson hopped on the Afrocentric "woke" trend in the 90s to get acceptance back from the Black community with music videos like "Remember the Time" and "They Don't Care About Us" but all of that just came across as pandering and superficial. The fact is Michael chose to have a white woman have his children (and a mestizo woman in Bigi's case) and used a white man's sperm to have white children under his name. All of his abuse victims are white or Latino boys between the age of 10 to 13 too. No Black parent would let their child spend the night with a strange man (even if it was Michael Jackson) especially let them share the same bed. The only people I actually see vehemently defend Jackson are white women who are obsessed with him. He hated being Black and had an unhealthy attraction to young white and light-skinned brown boys.

by Anonymousreply 89June 1, 2021 11:59 PM

I feel that it's worth repeating something:

He was so guilty, you could see it from space.

by Anonymousreply 90June 2, 2021 1:28 AM

[quote] A man who had to work his whole childhood.

Child labor was common in The US until around the mid-20th Century and it's still common in most of the world. I know many teenagers who work to help their families. Many people have traumatic childhoods but they still mature, grow up and become responsible law-abiding adults especially if they seek therapy and treatment. A lot of people with childhood trauma do not grow up and build a giant theme park in their backyard and invite random kids over for slumber parties. MJ seemed to have a severe mental illness not just PTSD.

[quote] A man who was bright but uneducated, and felt shy and inferior around adults. A man who was surrounded by people who constantly wanted things from him.

He was an introvert. Big deal. Many adults are introverted and they work jobs and interact with other adults just fine. They just prefer to spend time alone or read books when they have the freedom to. Plus MJ was a ruthless businessman who was said to sabotage other competition. There is audio of him taking phone calls in his regular deep speaking voice and even in some interviews, his normal voice slips out. His high-pitched Peter Pan voice was part of his persona.

[quote] A man who was probably gay or transgender but wanted kids of his own.

He may have been gay. I'll give you that. But he should have chose to have romantic relationships with young men over the age of 18.

by Anonymousreply 91June 2, 2021 1:48 AM

Also MJ defenders don't seem to understand that pedophiles don't see their actions as hurting a child. They even think what they're doing is good for the kid and they it's a romantic consensual relationship. Their logic (or lack thereof) is not based on reality because they are mentally ill and suffer from a paraphilia. MJ didn't love all children. He had a certain physical type, all of them were preteen boys and none of these boys were ugly, disabled or obese either.

by Anonymousreply 92June 2, 2021 2:02 AM

[quote]Peter Pan never wore lipstick, false eyelashes and a long pageboy wig

He did wear green tights.

by Anonymousreply 93June 2, 2021 2:04 AM

[quote] MJ defenders don't seem to understand that pedophiles don't see their actions as hurting a child.

To them, it was all for the benefit of the children. I have seen deluded MJ fans post stuff (even recently) of how much MJ loved children and that's why he always included them in stuff. The delusion is OFF THE CHARTS with these people. Their craziness is on an entirely different level.

by Anonymousreply 94June 2, 2021 2:23 AM

[quote] I suspect the extremes were part of the transgender body dysmorphia.

Gag,

I see the Trans Agenda crowd is now "transing" Michel Jackson after his death the same way they transed Ray "Sylvia" Rivera and Marsha P. Johnson after their deaths. Not one of these men ever identified as "trans". Please stop your madness.

by Anonymousreply 95June 2, 2021 2:54 AM

R95, this is one "achievement" I will give to the hardcore trans activists. If they want him/her, they can HAVE him/her.

by Anonymousreply 96June 2, 2021 3:20 AM

His career in the US was essentially over, but they still loved him abroad. He was basically broke. IMO, I think he wanted to die, and the doctor was slightly 'killing' him every day. That hideous face wouldn't have aged well.

by Anonymousreply 97June 2, 2021 3:29 AM

I love Off the Wall and bits of Thriller, but was MJ really THAT great to have his delusional stans still go on as if he was some god?

He lip-synched for pretty much the '90s and forward and probably would have lipped the entire doomed This Is It shows. Even his famous 1983 Motown special performance was lipped.

by Anonymousreply 98June 2, 2021 3:32 AM

Prince was far superior to MJ.

by Anonymousreply 99June 2, 2021 3:34 AM

Prince was an artist who wrote and produced his material, played multiple instruments and even had a better singing range. MJ was a pop performer first and foremost, he peaked artistically with Thriller and declined after that. Quincy Jones was really the genius behind Jackson because after they parted ways, it all went downhill. Dangerous was a complete step down in quality and only the singles on that were worth listening too.

by Anonymousreply 100June 2, 2021 3:38 AM

Creatively he just kept trying to redo Thriller - Bad, Dangerous, History, Invincible, were all attempts to be bigger than Thriller.

by Anonymousreply 101June 2, 2021 3:51 AM

Prince refused to work with MJ on Bad due to the "your butt is mine" lyric. He probably knew the lyric was referring to Corey Feldman's ass....or McCauley's.

by Anonymousreply 102June 2, 2021 3:54 AM

Janet recognized Prince's talent and moved out to Minneapolis to try to work with him. She ended up working with Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis and thus "Control" was born. "Control" was better than "Bad" which came out a year after and then when "Don't Be Cruel" by Bobby Brown and "Heart Break" by New Edition both came out in 1988, this kicked off the new jack swing movement. NWA, LL Cool J and Public Enemy starting becoming hugely popular too. Michael was really reluctant to incorporate more R&B and hip-hop into his work. But you could see MJ begrudgingly started hopping on the new jack swing sound with "Dangerous" and "HIStory" and hired Teddy Riley and Jam and Lewis to start producing his work.

by Anonymousreply 103June 2, 2021 3:57 AM

He'd being living in Dubai and living out a Liz Taylor type of retirement.

by Anonymousreply 104June 2, 2021 4:01 AM

Quincy Jones was really responsible for MJ's success. He also produced Donna Summer's self-titled album which was excellent and her best post-disco work, but unfortunately it was released at around the same time as Thriller and kind of got lost in the Thriller hype. It's a shame, because Summer's album deserved to do a lot better than it did.

by Anonymousreply 105June 2, 2021 4:03 AM

I shudder to think what Michael got up during his self imposed exile in the ME. As for his career, I wonder if they would be more fanfare about the blatant anti-semitism in the song ‘They Don’t Care About Us.’ Which was directly addressing Jordan and his family. That wouldn’t fly so under the radar today.

His preference in boys changed through the years. First it was all pale, blonde, blue eye kids like Safechuck. Then it because darker, more exotic looking boys. He was such a twisted person.

by Anonymousreply 106June 2, 2021 3:30 PM

[quote]He also produced Donna Summer's self-titled album which was excellent and her best post-disco work, but unfortunately it was released at around the same time as Thriller and kind of got lost in the Thriller hype. It's a shame, because Summer's album deserved to do a lot better than it did.

Her 'Donna Summer' album was terrible and nearly bankrupted Geffen Records. It cost a fortune to produce and they had to layoff several employees after it lost a ton of money. It officially ended Donna's career.

As critics pointed out at the time, Quincy's production worked beautifully with Michael's soft, thinner voice, but fought against Donna's bigger and brassier voice. It didn't work at all.

by Anonymousreply 107June 2, 2021 3:45 PM

This is serious mental illness:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108June 2, 2021 4:20 PM

[quote] His preference in boys changed through the years. First it was all pale, blonde, blue eye kids like Safechuck. Then it because darker, more exotic looking boys. He was such a twisted person.

That's the thing that convinced me the most. If Michael loved all children. Why did he only hang around cute young pubescent boys with specific phenotypes? You never saw Michael hanging out with girls, you never saw him with kids of all races and age groups, you never saw him with ugly, obese or disabled children, et cetera. Chandler, Culkin, Safechuck, Robson and miscellaneous were all relatively pretty boys. He had a clear preference

by Anonymousreply 109June 2, 2021 4:33 PM

r107 the Donna Summer album was very good.

by Anonymousreply 110June 2, 2021 5:59 PM

The "Bad" era was when he really started fucking with his face. I remember everybody and their mother looking at that album cover and saying "what the hell did he do to his face?"

And you have to remember this was way before the era of celebrities who had obvious surgical enhancements, we're so used to it now but back then it really looked freakishly alien.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111June 2, 2021 6:10 PM

[quote] Prince refused to work with MJ on Bad due to the "your butt is mine" lyric. He probably knew the lyric was referring to Corey Feldman's ass....or McCauley's.

Prince's music was more adult too. Michael's music was more simplistic and family-friendly. Mike had an obsession with being a brand like Disney with his saccharine wholesome manufacture image. Prince didn't have an issue working with Madonna because she wasn't afraid to take risks of make mature content. Prince was proud to be a black man too and probably felt disgusted by MJ's self-hating antics.

by Anonymousreply 112June 3, 2021 1:58 AM

The Donna Summer self-titled album did not "end her career". Donna went to have one of her biggest hits the next year with She Works Hard for the Money. It's an anthem.

Brian Eno considers Donna's version of State of Independence to be one of the finest music recordings of all time.

by Anonymousreply 113June 3, 2021 2:08 AM

He looks like a mash-up of Carol Channing and Joan Crawford at r108.

by Anonymousreply 114June 3, 2021 2:19 AM

"Prince refused to work with MJ on Bad due to the "your butt is mine" lyric."

Why should Prince mind a lyric like that? Have you heard anything Prince has done? Here's some of HIS lyrics:

"I knew a girl named Nikki, I guess U could say she was a sex fiend/I met her in a hotel lobby, masturbating with a magazine"

"U don't need no money, U don't need no clothes/The second coming, anything goes"

"Take me baby, kiss me all over/Play with my love/Bring out what's been in me 4 far 2 long"

"If you're tired of the masturbator/Come on over 2 my neighborhood/We can jump in the sack and I'll jack U off"

"U had a pocket full of horses/Trojan and some of them used...I'm gonna try 2 tame your little red love machine"

"Look here, Marsha, I'm not saying this just 2 be nasty/I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth"

"I'll give U head/Til you're burning up/Head/Til U get enough/Head/Til your love is red/Head love til you're dead"

"Oh pretty little whip/U got me drippin'/Drippin' all over the floor, the floor"

by Anonymousreply 115June 3, 2021 2:28 AM

You realize Prince became religious and disavowed all of his earlier songs/lyrics, right?

by Anonymousreply 116June 3, 2021 2:45 AM

R115, it's because it was MICHAEL JACKSON singing that line to another male. I'm not sure if Prince would have cared as much if it was any other male artist singing that lyric.

by Anonymousreply 117June 3, 2021 3:32 AM

[quote] your butt is mine

Prince thought the lyric was completely lame and stupid. I mean, it really is and there’s nothing sexy or menacing about it.

Can you imagine showing up to a gang fight and your opponent says ‘your but is mine?’

by Anonymousreply 118June 3, 2021 3:45 AM

If he hadn't died he'd be dead by now.

by Anonymousreply 119June 3, 2021 3:47 AM

R118, yes. And I mean, in retrospect, it is also creepy . And ike you said, nobody goes to a gang fight and says "your butt is mine".

by Anonymousreply 120June 3, 2021 4:21 AM

Michael was severely mentally stunted. He never matured enough to handle an adult relationship. I think it's sad that he never got to experience real romantic love. I think he damaged Culkin. He's never really been all there since his abuse from Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 121June 3, 2021 4:38 AM

Culkin was also being abused by his father who stole his money and would beat him if he messed up his lines. A typical greedy stage parent who exploited his son. Culkin has some type of PTSD and struggled with sobriety for years. Jackson took advantage of him but I think Culkin justified that in his mind since he had to deal with his crazy father. I hope Culkin is in therapy. At least his brothers turned out alright.

by Anonymousreply 122June 3, 2021 4:59 AM

[quote] He never matured enough to handle an adult relationship.

No, he had no interest in an adult relationship because all he wanted to do was fuck little boys.

by Anonymousreply 123June 3, 2021 5:06 AM

If he was still alive he would be in jail like Bill Cosby. He was a serial pedophile into little boys. Eventually he would have been busted.

by Anonymousreply 124June 3, 2021 5:07 AM

Lyrisc were [bold]NOT[/bold] the reason Prince refused to work with Michael Jackson R115.

*Hint - it was the same reason Madonna refused to have anything to do with Jackson after she found out what he was doing with children in the late eighties.

by Anonymousreply 125June 3, 2021 5:29 AM

The only way Michael would’ve been convicted (maybe) is out of California. Bill Cosby and OJ both were convicted outside of California.

by Anonymousreply 126June 3, 2021 3:12 PM

He was super talented. Fucked up because everyone wanted a piece of him all his life. But a huge talent.

by Anonymousreply 127June 3, 2021 3:54 PM

He should have invested in a chain of children's clothing stores, and done their TV commercials: "Boy's pants half off!"

by Anonymousreply 128June 4, 2021 10:18 AM

R125 both knew what he was doing yet said nothing? What a couple of truly atrocious people they must be.

by Anonymousreply 129June 4, 2021 12:05 PM

Yes it's most definitely all Madonna and Prince's fault R129.

by Anonymousreply 130June 4, 2021 12:35 PM

What did Michael Jackson and pimples have in common?

They both came all over your face at age twelve.

by Anonymousreply 131June 4, 2021 2:28 PM

I don't think Madonna nor Prince knew what Michael was doing. They weren't close to him. They just thought he was childish and weird from what they did know and doing a collaboration would have been bad for their image. Madge and P aimed at an adult audience and pushed the limits with their music videos. Michael was making wholesome kid-friendly fare and obsessed with trying to recreate the zeitgeist of Thriller. In fact that Janet was outdoing Michael between 1989 to 1998 because she made music for young adults with topics that were relatable.

by Anonymousreply 132June 4, 2021 3:29 PM

There had to have been talk in the music industry back then about MJ and all the young boys.

by Anonymousreply 133June 4, 2021 4:48 PM

Madonna and Michael Jackson were so publicity hungry that they went to the Academy Awards together. as each other's "dates." A tabloid (an American one) said after the awards they went and had "kinky" sex; he supposedly watched her masturbate, or some silly story like that. At any rate, I think they were considering doing a musical project together, but that of course didn't happen, maybe because they were both so egotistical and disliked each other so much. Jackson would call her "that heifer." I don't what she would have called him.

by Anonymousreply 134June 4, 2021 11:39 PM

It's funny the more you learn about Michael, the more you see how nasty and jealous he was despite his innocent rainbows and sparkles image. The more you learn about Prince, the more you see how generous he was despite his detached and stoic image. Madonna, on the other hand, is the most transparent because she never hid being a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 135June 5, 2021 1:03 AM

I did not do anything bad to those kids! I will not be erased! The people that live me know who I am! 🤡

by Anonymousreply 136June 5, 2021 1:27 AM

Michael committed suicide by sleazy doctor in the same way that Epstein and other child predators commit suicide when they're caught and realize they're not going to be able to talk their way out of it ever again. They can't face life without victims.

by Anonymousreply 137June 5, 2021 1:28 AM

He'd be big in Dubai.

by Anonymousreply 138June 5, 2021 1:30 AM

MJ's kids were victims too. Their father was so selfish that he would still invite strange kids over to share a bed with him and risked being imprisoned. He also isolated his kids from normal society and parade them around with masks. He lied and told them they were black. I imagine if he didn't die and Katherine didn't take them in while they were still young enough. They would have been more fucked up than they already are. Prince seems the most well-adjusted and he is educated. Paris is deeply damaged. Bigi is very stoic, so it's hard to tell what he is really feeling.

by Anonymousreply 139June 5, 2021 1:37 AM

I suspect by the early 1990s Prince and Madonna had heard enough rumors about what Michael was getting up to with these “sleep overs”. The rumors were in the general public for a long time.

Regarding working on Bad, Prince didn’t like the opening lyric and didn’t want to do that song with MJ. He also did a rearrangement of the song which he sent to Mj, but never heard back from him.

Prince and Madonna were no angels, but MJ by the 1990s was a full on mad man: INSANE. His face was the testimony to that.

by Anonymousreply 140June 5, 2021 4:13 AM

R134, she referred to him as a "space alien drag queen."

by Anonymousreply 141June 5, 2021 3:39 PM

R73, Not only that. All the boys greatly resembled each other for the most part.

I remember way back Star Magazine did a spread with pictures of all the boys known and alleged with a bar across most of their faces. It was obvious, he had a physical preference.

by Anonymousreply 142June 5, 2021 3:51 PM

This about sums it up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143June 5, 2021 3:57 PM

[quote] she referred to him as a "space alien drag queen."

HAHAHAHA! Sometimes, Madonna can be funny.

by Anonymousreply 144June 5, 2021 4:59 PM

R143

"....then they diiiiiiiid!" LOL

So wrong.....but so honest.

I hope that guy in the video didn't really do that to his nose.

by Anonymousreply 145June 5, 2021 4:59 PM

Michael didn't like Madonna because she was a grown woman with strong opinions and was very independent. He was kind of misogynistic which made sense due to the Jehovah's Witness upbringing. I don't think he and Janet were all that tight especially when she tried to get a solo career and became successful. She also had a more pro-black and sexually liberated image. He actually piggybacked off Janet's success in the 90s with the duet "Scream" produced by Jam & Lewis. He apparently sabotaged Jermaine's career since Jermaine had success in the early 80s. La Toya and Rebbie on the other hand, were never a threat and 3T was kind of a joke but Michael didn't mind helping his nephews out for "reasons".

by Anonymousreply 146June 6, 2021 2:39 AM

I've read in several sources that Madonna hung around MJ for a little while (this was during the time of their Oscars appearance together) and she was really put off by the little boys who were always around him. Obviously, she recognized that it was not normal for a grown man to be around children that much and she stopped contact with MJ.

by Anonymousreply 147June 6, 2021 2:55 AM

I think by the time Michael built Neverland, he cut off most of his ties to others he had known for years. Diana, Stevie, Quincy, even Janet and the rest of his family likely due to fears they would call him out on his behavior.

by Anonymousreply 148June 6, 2021 2:59 AM

I agree r148. There was a reason why Neverland was in the middle of fucking nowhere, with no neighbors around.

by Anonymousreply 149June 6, 2021 3:16 AM

Janet wasn't close to Michael as much as the media makes it seem. She was very independent and rebellious from the family likely due to being the youngest. She eloped with James DeBarge at age 18 which pissed off her parents and she fired Joe as her manager around that time too. She was already becoming independently wealthy from all the acting roles she was doing like Good Times, Fame and Diff'rent Strokes. She moved out to Minneapolis to work with Prince despite him being her brother's rival and she ended up having a very successful music career. Michael in fact just seemed to use her to promote himself like having her present him an award in 1993 during the peak of Janet's success and hiring her producers Jam & Lewis to produce a duet Scream.

by Anonymousreply 150June 6, 2021 3:29 AM

Isn’t he similar to Elvis in that he’s worth more dead then alive? Priscilla Presley and Katherine Jackson were both smart enough to get first rate business entertainment management to generate income for the estate. Elvis was having to tour much of the year to maintain his lifestyle. I don’t know if mj would’ve been able to finish the this is it tour.

Until jack Gordon wasn’t Michael closest to latoya and Janet was closest to randy.

by Anonymousreply 151June 6, 2021 3:55 AM

MJ “wrote” a lot of successful songs. His catalog has a lot of potential to earn into the distant future. Despite his pedo issues, there is still a lot of money to be gleaned from MJ. Doubtless there is a lot of unreleased music in the vaults, concert footage, etc. Paris, Blanket, Prince, and Katharine are set for life. If he had lived MJ would have still made a lot of cash doing classics with maybe just a small band. Kind of where Natalie Cole went with her career.

by Anonymousreply 152June 6, 2021 4:18 AM

Katharine is just as evil and greedy as Joe honestly. But she really doesn't have that many years left on her.

by Anonymousreply 153June 6, 2021 4:41 AM

R142, someone shared the site MJ and Boys on the DL years ago and it's what convinced me. He had a type, and he always seemed to have a new boy lined up when the current one aged out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154June 6, 2021 4:50 AM

Michael Jackson? Michael Nasty!

by Anonymousreply 155June 6, 2021 9:05 PM

One of the weirdest things Jackson did was dress the boys he was interested in like himself. I saw some picture of him flanked by two young boys and they both were dressed up to look like him. It was so freaking strange. But I guess his fans thought it was "cute."

by Anonymousreply 156June 6, 2021 9:26 PM

What was with the Emmanuel Lewis shit? Why did MIchael carry him around all the time like he was a ventriloquist's dummy?

Surely he couldn't have been sexually interested in HIM?

by Anonymousreply 157June 9, 2021 12:45 AM

WEBSTER GET AWAY FROM HIM!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158June 9, 2021 12:59 AM

When Michael Jackson was maybe the most popular entertainer in the world Brooke Shields aggressively pursued him. She called him and called him, begging him to take her with him went he went to the Grammys (he won a shitload of them that year). He demurred; he did NOT want to take her. He told his sister LaToya to tell her to back off but LaToya told him to handle it himself. Milquetoast Michael finally acquiesced and took her to the Grammys as his "date." He also took along Emmanuel Lewis as his "date." He carried Lewis around in his arms, although Lewis was way past the baby/toddler stage. It was such a strange sight, Michael Jackson and Brooke Shields and Emmanuel Lewis in Jackson's arms, that people were laughing at them. Brooke, exasperated, cried out "They're making fun of us!" Although the idea of Brooke Shields and Michael Jackson as a "couple" was ludicrous, both Jackson and Shields made like they were, um, very close. It dawned on Michael that it might be a good idea for him to have a high profile girlfriend" and Brookie just loved the publicity she got from being Michael's "girl." She bearded for him for quite a while. Then the child molestation accusations started heating up and she distanced herself from him. When previously asked about him she'd say "I love him dearly" but later would not comment at all when asked about him. They hadn't seen or spoken in years, but when he died she popped up at his memorial service to eulogize him and their "relationship." But their "relationship" was just a Hollywood scam.

by Anonymousreply 159June 9, 2021 1:58 AM

R159, that relationship was so weird. And it's "funny" how Brooke doesn't answer questions about it anymore

by Anonymousreply 160June 9, 2021 2:08 AM

Brooke and Michael. She sure was gorgeous back then!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161June 9, 2021 2:22 AM

Brooke and Michael, apparently co-starring in a remake of Whatever Happened To Baby Jane.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162June 9, 2021 2:23 AM

If he hadn't died then, he would have died later.

by Anonymousreply 163June 9, 2021 2:30 AM

"Nikole Hannah Jones would be saying that WHITE SUPREMACY caused Michael Jackson to sexually abuse all of those boys."

No, she wouldn't but I bet you spend a lot of time blaming "cancel culture" for all the sexual abuse allegations against Trump

by Anonymousreply 164June 9, 2021 2:33 AM

R154, Thank you for linking that! Wow!!

by Anonymousreply 165June 9, 2021 2:57 AM

There was some cringeworthy photo of Jackson and Shields where they appear to be in a limo; Jackson has roughly grabbed her face in in his hand and is planting a big kiss on her cheek. Brooke has the most pained, uncomfortable look on her face imaginable. I don't have a link to it, but I remember that photo well. His affection towards her was so fake. He might as well have been kissing a block of wood.

by Anonymousreply 166June 9, 2021 3:04 AM

A lot of women like Liz Taylor, Brooke, Barbra and Lisa Marie talk about Michael as if he was a child and they make excuses for his behavior. Is it because his victims were young boys and they perceived it as less damaging? I just feel they wouldn't say this if Michael was violating girls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167June 10, 2021 1:53 AM

[quote] A lot of bad and critical things can be said about Madonna but one thing that should never been forgotten is that she refused to have anything to do with Jackson after she worked out what he was doing to kids.

Um, she eulogized him live on national television.

by Anonymousreply 168June 10, 2021 2:58 AM

I worked at Sony in legal. He was weird and made bad choices, but there was a lot of grifting. He thought money could make it go away and that the press loved him enough to ignore the claims. He didn't read press beyond what was written about him. He didn't understand the concept of 'if it bleeds, it leads."

Freak, for sure, but the stuff I saw indicated he was being played for money.

by Anonymousreply 169June 10, 2021 3:02 AM

R169 What did you see? Aren’t you violating attorney client privilege speaking about Sony?

by Anonymousreply 170June 10, 2021 3:28 AM

Pipe down, r170. Geeze...

by Anonymousreply 171June 10, 2021 3:40 AM

Yeah and I’m sure he would have been on some sad reality show

by Anonymousreply 172June 10, 2021 3:46 AM

R172, by the time of the Martin Bashir interview, it seemed like his life was ALREADY a reality tv show. How can anyone forget him dangling his son out of the window and his idiotic fans screaming with glee?

by Anonymousreply 173June 10, 2021 10:03 PM

I think MJ could be sweet, generous, and charming to women who were NOT placing any sexual/relationship demands on him. Any woman that tried to become a romantic/sexual partner got cut out immediately. Even Jacko said about Tatum O’neal that she was moving too fast and he “wasn’t ready for that.”

He was never “ready for that.”

by Anonymousreply 174June 10, 2021 11:14 PM

Didn't MJ shower Liz Taylor with gifts? I'm sure that helped his reputation with her. Brooke and Lisa Marie both just have low self-esteem and a fucked up childhood, they have a fantasy version of MJ in their heads. Barbra is just weird and I don't think she knew MJ that well either.

by Anonymousreply 175June 11, 2021 1:48 AM

Straight women love to find “misundertood” men and find out they are really a Prince Charming. I think they get some weird shit drilled into their head about finding the “right” guy for themselves may be taking a chance on a seemingly strange guy. The problem is that these seemingly strange guys are called that for a reason. Today, any woman could look at MJ and realize he is not going to be into a woman. No straight man, no matter how weird, wears a female wig, full face make-up, and wears mainly women’s clothes without being a gay man or a tranny of some sort. Back in the 1980s things were a lot different.

by Anonymousreply 176June 11, 2021 3:26 AM

Michael Jackson gave Elizabeth Taylor expensive jewelry. In fact, he bought her jewels so she would show up at some event he wanted her to go to. She was always very avaricious when it came to jewelry. One studio head said she really got pissed off because he wouldn't buy her "the $40,000 brooch she wanted." The jewels Richard Burton bought were supposed to be a mutual investment but when they divorced she took them (he generously allowed her to do that). Liz was a greedy pig when it came to obtaining expensive baubles.

by Anonymousreply 177June 11, 2021 3:31 AM

R176 Even though a lot of 70s and 80s pop and rock stars had a flamboyant look they still had a macho energy to them. Axl Rose, Prince and David Bowie were red-blooded men. Michael lacked that in every sense of the word.

by Anonymousreply 178June 11, 2021 3:46 AM

Michael Jackson never had any sexual interest in females. Tatum O'Neal told a story that when she and MJ were both teenagers, she invited him over to her house and blatantly tried to seduce him. MJ was horrified and literally ran out of her house. No teenage boy who was heterosexual would've done that, he would've been pounding that pussy in two seconds.

by Anonymousreply 179June 11, 2021 4:00 AM

Didn't Michael also "date" Maureen McCormack and he also didn't touch her? Yeah, no straight boy would turn down fucking Marcia fucking Brady

by Anonymousreply 180June 11, 2021 4:11 AM

I don't think he even liked sex.

by Anonymousreply 181June 11, 2021 5:21 AM

R178. So true. You could tell when he was a youngster that he was not really into women at all. People were always asking him having a girlfriend and he was evasive and non-commital. Plus his energyas you noted was always “off.” He had no swagger like Prince or Bowie. We know Bowie was at least Bi, but he clearly had an interest in women. The first time that MJ had an interest in women other than Diana and Elizabeth was when he needed Lisa for PR during the child abuse scandal. Besides as a straight guy why did he have to employ surrogates to have children? A straight superstar who couldn’t find a hot chick to have a baby with? His fans are deluded. He was a serial pedophile, but some of the victims I think, just knew what was going on. They then tried to parlay this into a payout.

by Anonymousreply 182June 11, 2021 10:26 AM

10 years of Michael and Brooke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183June 11, 2021 10:43 AM

[quote]I don't think he even liked sex.

Oh, he liked sex with young boys R181. He liked it very much.

by Anonymousreply 184June 11, 2021 10:50 AM

R183 MJ was a full-on cross-dresser by 1993.

by Anonymousreply 185June 11, 2021 1:03 PM

But it was during her time with “I’m a Celebrity…” that she dropped some juicy gossip. While chatting with her co-stars during an episode of the show, McCormick casually let it slip that she dated Michael Jackson as a teenager.

“Do you guys like Michael Jackson?” Maureen McCormick asked her co-stars. Of course, everyone said “Yes.”

“We used to go roller skating in Woodland Hills [California], I used to go over to their house all the time,” said McCormick. “We held hands and kissed on the cheeks, never on the lips. It was so cute, he loved our show – they all did though. We used to go over and hang out and watch them rehearse.”

McCormick added that she thought the basis of their relationship was mutual admiration.

“We would talk a lot and dream a lot and just, I think we admired each other and, yeah,” said McCormick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186June 11, 2021 1:49 PM

R42 Madonna spoke at his MTV tribute after his death , what are you going on about?

by Anonymousreply 187June 11, 2021 1:56 PM

Not as much as lying whire racists like you do, R184.

by Anonymousreply 188June 11, 2021 4:06 PM

HBO only lost a contract case concerning a non disparagement clause, R188. The court didn’t find that the documentary was false.

by Anonymousreply 189June 11, 2021 4:11 PM

It was and it is. They lied about him just like they lied about Woody Allen.

by Anonymousreply 190June 11, 2021 5:55 PM

190- Put a sock in it, especially if you are Black. Michael Jackson hated being Black and any Black person with sense couldn't stand his bleached ,duppy looking arse by the time the 1990s began. He was just somebody to regard as a poppyshow who was very weird around too similar looking kids, with the odd less and less Africanized hit tune. Thank fuck for any white person who can't stand the dead freak. As far as I am concerned there are too many white and Black people giving the nonce that was Michael Jackson regard. Stop it with the "Black famous man accused of being a sex offender....oh look, white people are racist" fuckry. We got a whole music genre full of overt homophobia, misogynoir, misogyny, celebration of murder and a whole disapora, religious or not that minimises sex offending and for whom children are super disposable , at least from the point of view of the men( as a group), but that same group, whatever the sexual orientation or gender presentation expects the women to fight on their behalf when they are stuck on stupid or in schtuck with the police. You can afford to calm your tits about your support of Michael Jackson on Datalounge by accusing any supposed white person of racism because they haven't fallen for the okey doke. Black gay men have far more urgent things to attend to as a group, such as the self loathing and lack of self control that means that getting HIV is being seen as a rite of passage and not something that is wholly avoidable. Or is that Whitey's fault, too? Mi shame fi yuh. Do better. Whining is not manly ( as in being adult , not how masculine or not somebody is). Whining on behalf of the dead , self loathing paedophile Michael Jackson is even less so. Go and be a man and set up your own Black website where you can inhibit censure over Michael Jackson to your heart's content. Lipstickalley has a Michael Jackson forum that is so deluded that there are many threads on his imaginary, heterosexual love life. Go there, but beware that even there, is negativity.

by Anonymousreply 191June 12, 2021 4:12 PM

I'm glad Janet ended up being very pro-gay despite being raised as a Jehovah's Witness. It's unfortunate that PRince became homophobe as he became more religious. I'm sure Michael was homophobic and even more afraid of adult gay men than he was of women.

by Anonymousreply 192June 12, 2021 4:36 PM

Ha ha! Those photos of him and Brooke Shields "kissing" are funny as hell. So posed, so fake. How could anyone in their right mind think those two were having a "romance?"

by Anonymousreply 193June 12, 2021 7:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!