Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Real Housewives of NYC season 13 thread #2

original thread just got paywalled

so Leah is now branching out her feud with Heather to Carole as well. She got mad that Carole, close friend of Heather, blocked on her instagram even though Leah and Carole do not know each other. Why would Carole want to be instagram buddies with someone who was rude to her friend?

So Leah lashed out and attacked Carole over a 2007 photo of Carole and Ghislaine Maxwell

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151Yesterday at 5:29 AM

first thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105/27/2021

Thanks, op.

HOLLA!!!!

by Anonymousreply 205/27/2021

I don’t even like Ramona but she should drop Sonja as a friend after that stunt in the restaurant.

And, fuck, Leah’s vow of silence. What the hell is wrong with Eboni for pretending that shit is normal?

by Anonymousreply 305/27/2021

Leah is the new darling that Bravo wants to make the leader in trying to bring in a younger audience. Look at the Bravo site; the vast majority of articles are about her.

by Anonymousreply 405/27/2021

R4 Ratings tell a different story

by Anonymousreply 505/27/2021

Who keeps green lighting B’s solo shows? She hasn’t had a successful one since Bethenny Ever After (which was over 10 years ago)

by Anonymousreply 605/27/2021

yeah it's really odd how Bravo has gone all in for Leah. I wonder what made them think she has the it-factor? So far she hasn't turned around the ratings drop of RHONY.

if anything I keep seeing more and more complaints about her across social media

by Anonymousreply 705/27/2021

more Leah backlash from fans

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 805/28/2021

R8 Why the fuck wouldn’t Leah be with her grandmother then? Why does everyone give this chick a pass?

by Anonymousreply 905/28/2021

Love one of the comments from the article at R 8, calling her Leah McSeeMe.

by Anonymousreply 1005/29/2021

Leah is horrible but Sonya is worse. Get rid of that one note delusional cunt STAT!

by Anonymousreply 1105/29/2021

Bitch, the entire fucking world has been "having a rough time" for the past 14+ months. No excuse for going psycho.

by Anonymousreply 1205/29/2021

Leah you're 40 years old. It's not cute to talk like a 25 year old "sex positive" and "OK boomer". She's at the edge of Millennial, closer to young Gen Xer

by Anonymousreply 1306/01/2021

" I don't know whether or not I'll ever see my grandmother again. Oh look, a guy with a big dick." Cry me a river. Get out of there and go to her. As long as she's there, I have zero sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 1406/01/2021

Leah is 40 year old hipster version of Clarissa Explains It All

by Anonymousreply 1506/01/2021

Leah sucks

by Anonymousreply 1606/01/2021

Happy 29th birthday to Carole!

(Filters and Photoshop not included)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1706/01/2021

Did Luann really think Sonja would like that singer guy? lol

by Anonymousreply 1806/01/2021

While I can't stand Ramona, I wouldn't constantly talk about dick if someone wasn't comfortable with it

by Anonymousreply 1906/01/2021

Are people still watching this shit? How’s Herman Munster shoes?

by Anonymousreply 2006/01/2021

I don't watch this show anymore because of Leah. I can't stand her.

by Anonymousreply 2106/01/2021

Aside from Leah, I like the current cast. I predict Dorinda will be back next season.

by Anonymousreply 2206/01/2021

Just another point of rudeness from Leah...Ramona is a horrible deplorable but Leah is staying at her house during this trip. It's really poor manners to insult your host.

At 40 years old, Leah should consider herself lucky that her grandmother was alive for that long during her life. I understand being upset about her dying but this is behavior you'd expect from a 12 year old.

by Anonymousreply 2306/01/2021

omg an angry argument about education, dicks etc

the show has fallen off

by Anonymousreply 2406/01/2021

next episode is the Leah vs. Heather feud

it's about voting? interesting. We know Heather is a liberal. Was Leah implying she might not vote? Then she really is a fraud

by Anonymousreply 2506/01/2021

Ramona Singer = Cunt

by Anonymousreply 2606/01/2021

wow this last argument was 1 of the few times when Sonja was not drunk and was quite sensible. Much more likable in that scene

by Anonymousreply 2706/01/2021

Eboni pulled the race card and showed herself to be a liar. So she fits right in.

by Anonymousreply 2806/01/2021

Carole looks like Freddie Mercury.

Does she have extra teeth in her mouth, also?

by Anonymousreply 2906/02/2021

Carole is twenty, NOT 29.

by Anonymousreply 3006/03/2021

Can’t believe no one has mentioned the nude model. He was fucking hawt!

by Anonymousreply 3106/03/2021

They’re all sociopaths.

Leah, Ramona, Elon Musk, Grimes, Madonna, Cruella.

by Anonymousreply 3206/03/2021

Are ratings still going downhill?

by Anonymousreply 3306/03/2021

R7 she has a top tier agent at WME. Probably a top publicist too though I don’t know who that is. Do the other NYC Housewives aside from B even have legitimate agents?

So there you go.

by Anonymousreply 3406/03/2021

R33 ratings the last few weeks have been delayed but the first 3 episodes show a negative trend:

by Anonymousreply 3506/03/2021

Bethenny launches new wine line "Forever Young"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3606/04/2021

R36 she really has no sense of irony does she?

by Anonymousreply 3706/04/2021

Bethenny is exhausting. There’s a fake Donn Gunvalson Twitter account with a fairly sizable following , and Bethenny fell for one of the troll posts, and crafted one of her zingers as a response. She found out it was a parody account and she’s been bitching about it for two days, she can’t drop it.

For someone who purports to be a mogul with multiple successful products while raising a child, she has a lot of free time on her hands.

by Anonymousreply 3806/04/2021

She has multiple assistants, so I assume most of her SM is done by them.

by Anonymousreply 3906/04/2021

r35 the falling ratings are known as "The Leah Effect".

by Anonymousreply 4006/04/2021

I have a feeling that ratings will go down even more if Eboni continues with the " white privilege" and " You don't know what it's like to be a black woman" shit. The audience will get turned off even more than they are with just Leah.

by Anonymousreply 4106/04/2021

Kelly wants closure

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4206/05/2021

Hmmmm.. I am loving this season. Just caught up on Sling.

Thought I would despise Leah- and I don't.

I still love Heather and feel bad that she even bothered to return.

And I think Eboni is an awesome addition..

And Sonja seems SERIOUSLY depressed. I really feel for her. And frankly, I was hoping that she would be shitcanned for the last 5 seasons!

by Anonymousreply 4306/05/2021

Leah is exhausting. This trauma over her grandmother....um GO FUCKING BE WITH HER....

by Anonymousreply 4406/05/2021

R44 like someone said above ...she should be happy she’s 40 and still HAD her grandmother all this time! A parent I could understand as an excuse but a grandmother no matter how much you love them (ans I loved mine a ton so I get it) is seriously stretching it.

by Anonymousreply 4506/05/2021

Agree with you both on the grandma.

Leah wants to be a star. But she still seems harmless to me.

by Anonymousreply 4606/05/2021

This article is total shit. So, you can't have a disagreement without being labeled " racist" or having " white privilege"? If Eboni is going to pull this " Let me educate you on what it's like being a black woman" crap, the show will be more worthless than it is now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4706/06/2021

R47 I agree but at the same time I think it’s so funny how HWs like Ramona and Luann think using (or not using) crass vulgar language is any indication of “class” or education. Because nowhere do you hear worse locker too talk than among prep school people - and since Luann et all were not even close to being brought up in those circles, they have no idea. So it’s just funny what they “think” they know.

(Not that Leah is a “prep” either having gone to Sacred Heart for literally two seconds, but that’s beside the point)

by Anonymousreply 4806/06/2021

*locker room talk Jesus autocorrect

by Anonymousreply 4906/06/2021

5 mins into the episode and Eboni claims Lu called her an ANGRY BLACK WOMAN. Uh no. She said you were angry and called you an angry woman. It’s on tape, dear.

by Anonymousreply 50Last Tuesday at 5:05 PM

Race , race, race. Black, black, black. Blah, blah, blah. I welcome seeing a drunk Sonja.

by Anonymousreply 51Last Tuesday at 5:12 PM

Put the white people on the defensive and make them apologize, even if you are wrong.

by Anonymousreply 52Last Tuesday at 5:21 PM

So Heather jumps in and takes Eboni’s side and Eboni feels uncomfortable because she feels Heather is too familiar with black culture. I’m changing the channel. This show is officially canceled by me.

by Anonymousreply 53Last Tuesday at 5:22 PM

I agree. I turned the show off. Leah and Eboni have ruined it. Hopefully, the show will be canceled.

by Anonymousreply 54Last Tuesday at 5:45 PM

Did anyone suggest to Leah that she stop filming and stay by her beloved grandmothers side? No sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 55Last Tuesday at 7:11 PM

Leah is getting mostly blasted on twitter and instagram for her treatment of Heather which makes me happy

Yes Heather is overbearing and had some cringey moments this episode but she meant well. Leah is a fraud and a hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 56Last Tuesday at 8:19 PM

It is insane that only Sonja, of all people, knew exactly what to say about this situation at this time. She’s a lot savvier than you’d think.

by Anonymousreply 57Last Tuesday at 8:22 PM

I cannot stand Leah!

by Anonymousreply 58Last Tuesday at 8:34 PM

Sonya is my favorite! Luanne tried it with that old/ugly musician-Sonya matchup. She knew that guy was not Sonya's type (the nude model is more her style). Luanne is such a shady bitch to her female friends every time she gets a new guy. I can't wait for her new relationship to implode (and it will). Sonya will have the last laugh.

by Anonymousreply 59Last Tuesday at 8:36 PM

Avery should be a housewife. She’s an asshole just like her mother. And you just know Ramona has either done this or suggested this to her daughter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60Last Tuesday at 10:20 PM

Heathers reaction to Leah’s dramatic outburst was that of a tired mom who’s tired of dealing with her bratty kid. I like Heather but it’s clear she’s a target and that’s why she stopped filming. This season is a disaster. The only hope would be to bring back Dorinda, Tinsley and maybe B next season to get it back on track.

by Anonymousreply 61Last Wednesday at 6:14 AM

I was one of the few who actually didn't mind Leah last year, but this season she is completely insufferable. Her talk about voting also exposed what a big fucking phony she is. She claims she's disgusted by "both sides?" Really, Leah? Which part of the Democrats is your supposedly woke ass disgusted by? The part where they're actually doing shit to protect people like your new BFF Eboni? GTFO.

I haven't been a huge fan of Eboni so far, but I thought she came off pretty well last night with her explanations of her side of things. I do wish, though, that she wouldn't take every possible opportunity to use being black as a cudgel against the other women. The comment about being emancipated since 1865 when Ramona asked her to hurry up getting ready was particularly ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 62Last Wednesday at 6:58 AM

In a way I feel bad for every POC who is cast on these shows because it’s become their duty to school the ignorant white people and point out how potentially racist they are. It would be more productive just to watch everyone interact on a human level. Remember when Kim was the only white hw on Atlanta? She got along with some of the cast and rubbed others the wrong way but it felt normal. I have black co workers who I love and others I hate. Do I hate them because they’re black? No. I hate them because they’re cunts. Same feelings I have for white co workers.

by Anonymousreply 63Last Wednesday at 7:31 AM

R62 Leah really is a phony. It's clear she just goes on social media to pick up the latest buzz words and phrases (often from black twitter) to then use them on the show. Completely contrived and fake. Then she turns around after appearing like she's so woke but doesn't care enough to fucking vote! All that a slap in the face to her new supposed bff Eboni. Then Heather and Eboni talk about how they feel about Leah possibly not voting. Eboni tells Leah and Leah only gets mad at Heather even though Eboni agrees with Heather.

Leah is getting dragged to hell on social media and deservedly so. I hope the ratings continue to tank. Bravo deserves it for trying to make Leah their new it-girl. Truly awful

by Anonymousreply 64Last Wednesday at 8:00 AM

They added a POC to the cast knowing it was only a matter of time before one of them said something racist.

by Anonymousreply 65Last Wednesday at 8:02 AM

Leah is 40 but wants us to think she's 25 but in reality acts like a bratty 12 year old who has a false sense of victimhood

by Anonymousreply 66Last Wednesday at 8:06 AM

I agree, R65. And I think Ramona knows that's why Eboni was added too. Which is why she's gone out of her way to say how much she likes her—to try to protect herself when the inevitable racist accusation comes her way

That being said, I'm happy to see a more diverse cast on all of these shows. I'm loving Crystal so far on RHOBH and although I'm more lukewarm on Garcelle, she at least fits in with that group. I think Eboni's casting has been a lot less successful because, while I can see Crystal and Garcelle running in the same circles as the BH HWs, it's pretty clear that Eboni would never interact with any of the NY HWs if she wasn't being paid to do so.

by Anonymousreply 67Last Wednesday at 8:06 AM

They should have found some black women who are closer to Sonja's age.

by Anonymousreply 68Last Wednesday at 8:08 AM

Someone told Ramona to keep her mouth shut and praise Eboni, because I would have assumed she would have said something horrific by now to her… but it’s still early in the season so she has time.

Ramona messaged the phrase “All Lives Matter” on Instagram during the Floyd protests last year, when she was asked about them. I’m surprised that hasn’t come up.

by Anonymousreply 69Last Wednesday at 8:08 AM

NY has always been my favorite franchise (although I only ever watched OC, BH, NJ and NY) but this psycho Leah is SINGLE HANDEDLY ruining the show!! She was bad enough last season as a raging out of control drunk, but she's even worse this season. That constant loud boo hooing over her grandmother - (followed by the phony excuse "I have such a large family I wouldn't be able to get near her room") is intolerable - who wants to tune in and see that? She deliberately sabotages every event, either by not participating at all, starting an argument at the slightest drop of a word or phrase, then storming off and starting that fake bawling again. Those ugly and bizarre ensembles she wears scream "look at me" (not that there's anything appealing to see!)

She has some obvious personality/mental disorders, not the least of which is her alcohol history. I would not be surprised if she has found some other substitute for liquor (Adderall, Xanax, maybe) because she is clearly unbalanced. And yes, she has hijacked the show and is RUINING IT!!

by Anonymousreply 70Last Wednesday at 8:19 AM

PS. And all that OTT sex talk is just another cheap ploy for "look at me!" attention and an excuse to spark another argument. I would bet money she is not in any kind of relationship - what reasonable man could put up with that insufferable behavior?

Everything about her telegraphs I HAVE PROBLEMS.

by Anonymousreply 71Last Wednesday at 8:23 AM

Lu said something interesting. When Eboni started her rant about being better educated then the rest Lu said something like ‘I’m not biting.’ In other words these bitches know Eboni was brought on the show to stir up racist shit but they’re not falling for it. Ramona keeps going overboard thanking Eboni for enlightening her and Sonja is, as always, harmless so going after her would be a mistake.

by Anonymousreply 72Last Wednesday at 8:37 AM

R72 Also, Sonja and Lu's conversation about Lu being the first one to have a "snafu" with Eboni when they both thought it would be Ramona was pretty telling, and also kinda funny.

by Anonymousreply 73Last Wednesday at 8:39 AM

R73 YES! You would think they would have been smart enough to edit that out. Sometimes these women come off as dumb and clueless but don’t underestimate them. Those are the dangerous ones.

by Anonymousreply 74Last Wednesday at 8:42 AM

Fucking done on Leah. Not going to vote? You are the reason Trump wins. Go the fuck home and cry about your grandma - you are just doing it on camera to get sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 75Last Wednesday at 8:42 AM

R75 I think she thinks she sounds more intelligent and “edgy” by saying that. She just sounds dumb.

That said, would Heather rather have her not vote or vote for Trump? Let face it people who say you “have to vote” are only about you voting for one way (and I’m no different lol)

by Anonymousreply 76Last Wednesday at 8:49 AM

Good or bad I’ve always felt Heather was genuine. That’s why she can’t put up with Leah’s fake bullshit. I liked Leah last season but she’s really going off the rails here.

by Anonymousreply 77Last Wednesday at 8:55 AM

r76 not at all if she wanted to support Trump by all means support him but have a fucking voice. Saying she cares about BLM or Eboni's feelings about race and then saying she is not going to vote? Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 78Last Wednesday at 8:55 AM

Leah is just provocative for the sake of being provocative. If BLM wasn’t in the news she wouldn’t care, and I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s never voted.

by Anonymousreply 79Last Wednesday at 9:08 AM

Heather was cringe with some of her comments on the race issue and probably shouldn't have inserted herself as a moderator, but other than that, she's always been one of the more levelheaded Housewives on this franchise and I thought she handled that shrieking harpy Leah really well. She seemed unbothered by Leah's over-the-top theatrics and clearly saw her as the attention whore she is. Leah is exhausting and her novelty has now completely worn thin. She's also exposed herself to be a big hypocrite. It's always the idiots who never follow politics or bother to learn about what's going on in the world who claim that both sides suck and refuse to participate in the process. It's like not doing your homework and using the excuse that you don't believe in homework as your alibi.

by Anonymousreply 80Last Wednesday at 9:57 AM

Eboni, you're so eloquent!

by Anonymousreply 81Last Wednesday at 10:30 AM

The funny thing is Eboni has the exact right vibration for Potomac and would fit in perfectly among those women - as she’s already said herself, she has white friends, but her social life (unsurprisingly) is Black majority and she’s not used to hanging out with a group of exclusively white girls, to say nothing of women her mother’s age.

Bravo shows work best when they feel like a deep dive in to a specific social/cultural milieu. South Charm New Orleans had a racially diverse cast that engaged in plots that covered racial issues, and it worked terrifically because the “scene” of youngish strivers they feature WERE racially integrated in their real lives and they lived in a city with an interesting and quite specific race relations reality. RHONY is fundamentally about a bunch of Candace Bushnell characters who have been put out to pasture and who are trying to figure out the back nine of their lives - it’s about a very specific type of UES white lady (and the Bethenny’s and Carole’s who love to hate them/but are actually part of their tribe) - and that should be ok!

If Bravo wants to be “woke”, it should be producing more franchises and series where BIPOC and their “scenes” are the actual subjects and not just parachuted into otherwise white casts to lecture Kyle and Ramona about the racial undertones of their messy lady squabbles.

by Anonymousreply 82Last Wednesday at 10:54 AM

Discussing important issues on these shows almost trivializes them. Below Deck Med will have a diverse crew next season so expect that show to be woke, too.

by Anonymousreply 83Last Wednesday at 10:58 AM

Leah wants to show us the scar from her boob job (that along with her nose she got during a pandemic)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84Last Wednesday at 11:30 AM

Leah will be showing her meat curtains next.

by Anonymousreply 85Last Wednesday at 11:36 AM

Very well said, R82. I feel the exact same way about the Gossip Girl reboot. Gossip Girl was about old moneyed Upper East Side prep school kids, so it made sense the cast was super white. The reboot has diversified and now looks nothing like how an actual UES prep school looks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86Last Wednesday at 11:37 AM

if by the age of 40 you haven't already realized the importance of voting, you really are a fucking moron. The fact that Leah took the same stance (at least in the episode) about Biden and Trump as she did in 2016 with her dumb article about Hillary and Trump shows she hasn't grown at all in the last few years. She's a vapid famewhore with the worst fashion we've ever seen from a housewife

by Anonymousreply 87Last Wednesday at 12:01 PM

Leah also said she wanted things to go back to normal. Then why are you on the fence about voting for Biden, asshole?

by Anonymousreply 88Last Wednesday at 12:19 PM

If I wanted to be lectured to about race ( for the millionth time) I'd just turn on NPR, not watch RHONY.

by Anonymousreply 89Last Wednesday at 12:47 PM

Bravo is the worst with race. RHOA is just the epitome of angry black woman - I mean Nene? Come on. I remember on Married to Medicine they tried to add in a white blonde girl and it was a disaster. They started with Carrie, but she got the boot after the first year.

by Anonymousreply 90Last Wednesday at 12:50 PM

last week's ratings out. Still way under 1 million lol

here are all 5 episodes so far

.88 so slightly up last week

by Anonymousreply 91Last Wednesday at 2:56 PM

Must be zero story this year they've been stretching this Heather fight and the Hamptons for five episodes.

by Anonymousreply 92Last Wednesday at 3:41 PM

R92 It’s ridiculous. This show feels so tired

by Anonymousreply 93Last Wednesday at 4:01 PM

I wonder who Leah will fight with once Heather leaves

oh her supposed "friends" Ramona and LuAnn, the ones she got mad at Heather for trashing on her podcast? Got it

phony!

by Anonymousreply 94Last Wednesday at 4:33 PM

Nothing gonna happen after heather leaves . The collapse of this season is complete

by Anonymousreply 95Last Wednesday at 4:48 PM

I wonder why Bravo is even supporting it if the ratings are so bad. It seems like they are adding minority characters as tokens not because they have any chemistry or connection with the cast. Clearly viewers are disinterested.

by Anonymousreply 96Last Wednesday at 4:49 PM

I love how Eboni throws around the term white fragility. Um, bitch, you're inability to handle being called angry... I'd call that BLACK FRAGILITY.

by Anonymousreply 97Last Wednesday at 4:53 PM

Bravo is trying to make up for so much lost time by wedging in tokens in NYC and LA, and I feel bad for the women who were cast to carry this embarrassing charade forward.

There's zero question that Garcelle, Eboni and Crystal were cast because they're people of color. People here complain that the women have made that an issue, ignoring the obvious realities that 1) they are conspicuously the first and only women of color on their seasons (barring the Latina in BH who lasted one season and left in part because of perceived racism); 2) they clearly don't fit in with the daft, white longtime loonies; and 3) they were cast specifically to address these issues openly on the show because they have been ignored until now.

NYC and LA are two of the most racially diverse cities in the country and we've barely seen any people of color in over a decade, aside from the occasional waitperson or housekeeper. It's really pretty astonishing. NBC should be very embarrassed of Bravo properties because of this. People have been up in arms for five years about Sex and the City and Friends being too white, which are 20-30 years old and which are fictional, while RHONY and RHOBH have been marshmallow white until now, while calling themselves recorded reality.

It's not Garcelle's, Eboni's or Crystal's faults that they talk about race so much. It's their job. They were cast to talk through what the shows have failed to address. And of course both franchises are doing mortifying work of it.

by Anonymousreply 98Last Wednesday at 5:31 PM

the ratings have been in steep decline since before Eboni so it's not fair to blame it on her. Tinsley was never a ratings winner as she was boring and only became "popular" last season when previously fan favorite Dorinda went berserk on her while being a raging drunk. Leah made ratings fall further last season too with her antics. While there are some fans of her, many were appalled by her drunken psychosis. This season she's losing more support as most see through her contrived act. Even without the alcohol she's still just as awful

Bethenny leaving the show was a big blow and they haven't found someone since to make up for it.

I knew it was a mistake this season to have only these 5 as the main cast members.

by Anonymousreply 99Last Wednesday at 6:20 PM

Ramonas smarter than I thought steering clear of the race issues and yammering on about how she has a lot to learn.

by Anonymousreply 100Last Wednesday at 6:23 PM

When Ramona starts to become somewhat likable you know there’s a problem.

I don’t believe in treating a HW with kid gloves because they’re black. If you’re not ready to take the heat you shouldn’t come in. It’s bringing down the season (along with Leah and no Bethenny)

by Anonymousreply 101Last Wednesday at 6:25 PM

I want Dorinda back. I miss the days of Rey and the party and the dry cleaners

by Anonymousreply 102Last Wednesday at 6:27 PM

if Dorinda would not get drunk, I'd love her to return. She can be a real voice of reason and is smart with funny commentary. Her drinking was just too much last season to stomach

by Anonymousreply 103Last Wednesday at 6:28 PM

Something that shocked me about Bethenny is she partakes in that dumb cameo website. It's surprising given that she thinks she has outgrown the housewives and clearly doesn't need the money. I could be wrong but I didn't see she ticked it for the charity option. I can't picture her just enjoying sending paid messages to fans. Most of the other housewives are on there too with lower prices

by Anonymousreply 104Last Wednesday at 6:30 PM

[quote] They were cast to talk through what the shows have failed to address.

Well that's the problem right there. No one watches the HW shows to be challenged or enlightened on racial equality. People watch because it's silly and mindless.

by Anonymousreply 105Last Wednesday at 6:31 PM

I've had the same thought about Ramona avoiding the heavy issues. She's there but not really there, and that's what makes it feel so obvious to me (besides common sense) that the racial dynamic is as scripted as anything ever has been on any of these shows.

Again, Eboni explixitly said she was grateful to be cast on the show because there are a lot of smart and interesting black women in New York, admitting she was hired to fill that specific role and based on what we are witnessing, we can be sure she was hired not just to be black on camera but to address the elephant in the room. Based on what Ramona's support of Trump, her refusal to wear a mask during COVID, her faith-based jewelry business and her haughty, dismissive attitudes toward 'servants,' I have very little room in my mind to believe she isn't patently racist. So to see her navigate this so craftily feels actually diabolical to me. That's making a big assumption, but it's my innate reaction to what I am seeing. Luann has to face a reckoning for some of her past behaviors like the infamous blackface episode (for which I blame Bravo), and so it makes sense that she'd be the one writers would put in the position of being taught a lesson. No matter what happens, it seems, Leah will always be grating.

And over in Beverly Hills, ***just by coincidence*** (The shows aren't scripted, y'know!) the same dynamic is playing out. Sutton is commanding all the attention with seemingly psychotic episodes, but I think RHOBH is doing a slightly more interesting job by having brought in Garcelle a year ago to introduce the conversation and mega-bitchy Crystal this year to expand it. Crystal's attitude is awful and as much as many here seem to like her, she reminds me of Carlton the Witch attitudewise and I don't like it—but at least that puts me in the situation of having a response to the 'characters' and not to the terribly awkward anti-racism lesson. (I am all for anti-racism lessons, but no one employed by Bravo is competent at this. It's mortifying to witness.)

by Anonymousreply 106Last Thursday at 3:40 AM

R105 I’m still curious why both Ramona and her ex have decidedly “un-Catholic” last names. Sheer coincidence? Or are they converts?

by Anonymousreply 107Last Thursday at 4:46 AM

WTF is a " Catholic" last name?

by Anonymousreply 108Last Thursday at 5:33 AM

R108 certainly not Singer or Mazur, that’s for sure.

Converts are often the most fanatic (and conservative) too; it would explain a lot.

by Anonymousreply 109Last Thursday at 8:38 AM

Sonja is such a passive aggressive cunt to Ramona and Luann. She really needs to be knocked on her ass

by Anonymousreply 110Last Thursday at 8:41 AM

I’m from a city with a large ethnic Ukrainian population, and Ramona very much reads as non-Jewish Eastern European to me, for what it’s worth.

Sonja definitely is reading the room right on how to be on this show via a vis race issues and she has a real knack for charming other women right off the bat with her self-effacing wistful clown act, but her whole schtick is attaching herself to whoever she perceives as being the most powerful cast member (first Ramona, then Bethenny, then Dorinda, and now Eboni) and being a passive aggressive bitch to whoever she perceives as “coming for her spot” (Tinsley, Luann, and now Ramona).

by Anonymousreply 111Last Thursday at 8:54 AM

They should've just told Dorinda to tone the drinking down, and bought her back for this season.

I also wish Carole was still on this show. Should bought sanity into the mix. We need HWs from the past to come back and mix with the current women.

But I do still like this franchise and I've been a fan of Eboni since before she joined this show.

by Anonymousreply 112Last Thursday at 11:21 PM

A google search shows that Mazur is a Polish name, and Poland is 86 percent Catholic. Mazur is also a Dutch name, and it can be a Jewish derivation. Ramona also looks Eastern European to me.

Singer can be a Jewish surname, but it can also be English and German.

Suggesting both of them converted to Catholicism seems a little odd to me. I've heard of one of a couple converting to the other's religion, but two Jewish people both converting to Catholicism seems like it would be unusual.

Anyway, Ramona is a pretty good representative of an uber-capitalist American as she sells junk jewelry to Christian cult members while raking in more money to show off her 60-something surgically enhanced body and her timeless ignorance on basic cable. She mangles language, she won't bother to learn names of 'the help,' she insults people and then apologizes and expects to be forgiven every time, she supports Trump, hangs out in Florida, refuses to wear a mask, refuses to answer whether she's been vaccinated. Typical American Christian regardless of the denomination, but if you guys didn't mention she's Catholic, I would assume she is Baptist or Pentecostal or something.

by Anonymousreply 113Last Friday at 12:11 AM

They could use Heather big time on the show right now. Fingers crossed she’ll be back.

by Anonymousreply 114Last Friday at 12:28 AM

It is weird that they brought in Heather as a 'friend' and that her role is both nonchalant and central to the drama. A lot of people say they don't like her, and she does have an annoying know-it-all quality, but she's also the only relatable one to me. I think people just don't like her face and the old performative 'holla!' stuff and would like her if she had a more cosmetically altered face.

by Anonymousreply 115Last Friday at 12:32 AM

Once Heather leaves next episode, the other friend joins this season. Her name is Bershan

by Anonymousreply 116Last Friday at 12:33 AM

Crystal sucks. Not very attractive dragon lady whose past at an escort agency suggests she’s a certain kind of opportunistic sociopath.

Nice girls don’t work at escort agencies. Even as the operator. But kudos for scoring a dorky Jew.

by Anonymousreply 117Last Friday at 12:58 AM

I don't normally agree with the overall opinions of these cast members on here, but agree 100 percent about Leah. She's just incredibly hard to watch, impossible to like, and she seems totally inauthentic.

The two cities I've watched all these years have been NYC and L.A. (aka Beverly Hills, which isn't Beverly Hills).

The L.A. cast has always been pretentious and stilted and artificial and the appeal from the beginning was their supposed wealth juxtaposed with their superficial lifestyles and overall idiocy.

The NYC cast always was a strange mix of putting on pretentious airs while being obnoxiously unfiltered directly to one another's faces and in confessionals. Bethenny was an unapologetic asshole, Ramona was an unapologetic asshole, Jill was an unapologetic asshole, Luann was a demanding countess, Alex was in Brooklyn. Things got weird with Carole, who was more guarded and who created a false onscreen persona, and then took a nosedive with drunk Dorinda, tragic Tinsley and psychotic Leah. Early on, the cast was so charged with frenetic New York energy and clashing strong personalities and all the most recent additions have just been messes who make me uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 118Last Friday at 1:26 AM

Was Heather supposed to be a full time hw but demoted to friend of when she stopped filming after a few episodes?

by Anonymousreply 119Last Friday at 2:33 AM

I feel like Carole was waaay too young for this sort of program and her youth made her unrelatable to the other women -who could only muster jealousy in the face of their fading youth.

by Anonymousreply 120Last Friday at 4:25 AM

Carole's supple and pertly youthful breasts certainly made her a standout among the shriveled crones of this series.

Hers is a luminescent beauty rare among all women, much less princesses.

And she's an intellectual, too, writing influential and undyingly relevant treatises such as The Widow's Guide to Sex and Dating!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121Last Friday at 4:41 AM

I thought Heather was a friend of the show, not a full-time member. But, she dropped from that role, so not much was lost, except a punching bag for the despicable Leah.

by Anonymousreply 122Last Friday at 5:05 AM

Carole pushed The Widows Guide hard when she first joined the show. She even talked about interest in turning it into a tv series. Then she gave up. It wasn’t happening.

by Anonymousreply 123Last Friday at 6:03 AM

I'm so fucking sick of Leah. I will probably give up on this show if it continues to be constantly shoved down our throats that white people are bad and need to shut up and listen to more minorities.

by Anonymousreply 124Last Friday at 6:07 AM

If Carole thought she was going to get a TV series, I guess she thought she could take Candace Bushnell’s place. Carole was a mean girl and thought she was above everyone else except Bethany

by Anonymousreply 125Last Friday at 6:13 AM

I was willing to give Eboni a shot, but no they did not call her an angry black woman

by Anonymousreply 126Last Friday at 6:16 AM

The only look that Ramona reads is UGLY - inside and out

by Anonymousreply 127Last Friday at 6:29 AM

Heather feels like she’s there as a representative from corporate. Every interaction she has with Leah is like watching an HR director stick-handling the office basket case about to be put on unpaid leave.

by Anonymousreply 128Last Friday at 6:43 AM

After Eboni's explanation, I understood why she felt she was being labeled "the angry black woman" despite no one mentioning her race. But I also don't think that's how Lu meant it and, if anything, it's Eboni who is obsessed with making everything about race. There was no reason to reference white fragility when Ramona asked them to stop yelling nor was there any reason to mention emancipation of slaves when Ramona asked her to hurry up. Eboni also made a point of saying it's not her job to "educate" the other women. Which is fine except it's pretty clear she thinks her job is just to try to paint them all as racists at every turn.

by Anonymousreply 129Last Friday at 7:13 AM

Is it any surprise no one is watching and the show is a total failure?

by Anonymousreply 130Last Friday at 7:16 AM

they need to get rid of Leah and bring back Dorinda

by Anonymousreply 131Last Friday at 7:38 AM

Can the ratings get any lower?

by Anonymousreply 132Last Friday at 7:44 AM

^^^ probably if they continue to slam white people

by Anonymousreply 133Last Friday at 7:46 AM

The Lu-Sonja-Ramona-Dorinda combo worked so well because they really are friends who have known eachother for years. They have a history. There are old wounds that sometimes flare up. Tinsley at least had a connection to Sonja. Leah and Eboni were just thrown into the mix and it’s not working. The show is suffering because of it. If Bravo loves them so much then they should give them a show of their own.

by Anonymousreply 134Last Friday at 7:49 AM

I can’t believe they stretched out the Hamptons over 5 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 135Last Friday at 7:55 AM

Whoever's responsible for keeping Leah for a second season should be sacked.

by Anonymousreply 136Last Friday at 8:06 AM

Next season-

Dump Leah

Bring back Dorinda, Bethenny, Tinsley or Carole, and Aviva

I would love to see Aviva and Bethenny clash. And I would love to see Eboni check the two of them. Bethenny thinks she’s “street” and woke (I remember her trying to use a black girl voice in season 2), and Aviva thinks she’s liberal. They deserve the smack down that LuAnn just received.

by Anonymousreply 137Last Friday at 8:18 AM

None of them are likable. It’s time to retire RHONY. They keep making the same mistake of retaining very old cast members who have no storyline. Ramona is in her 60’s. Sonja is a depressing mess, and LuAnn is a bore with her tired “cabaret.”

Leah and Ebony are also killing the show.

by Anonymousreply 138Last Friday at 8:24 AM

and the reason they didn't call Leah an angry woman when she stormed off is that's always how she acts

by Anonymousreply 139Last Friday at 8:27 AM

I'm sure Bravo expected Eboni to bring in more viewers. They are clueless when it comes to who watches these shows. Weren't the BravoCon attendees 99% white women. A majority of housewives are Trump supporters. Why would the viewers be any different.

by Anonymousreply 140Last Friday at 9:05 AM

Apparently Bravo thinks white SJWs will flock to Real Housewives shows if they center them on Strong Women of Color who school those whypipo on how awful and racist they are.

How's that workin' for ya, Bravo?

by Anonymousreply 141Last Friday at 9:19 AM

[quote] Eboni also made a point of saying it's not her job to "educate" the other women. Which is fine except it's pretty clear she thinks her job is just to try to paint them all as racists at every turn.

I would bet money that it is her job. She was hired to do this. The network felt that the show had to finally confront its conspicuous whitewashing of New York City and Los Angeles, and it decided to bring in new cast members and charge them with broaching the issues. As I said above, I don't blame Eboni, Garcelle or Crystal. It could not be more obvious that they were cast to say what they are saying.

It's orchestrated, like everything else on these shows. I think almost everyone does understand that nowadays, but everyone seems to forget it while watching and discussing the shows.

Reality TV shows like these are not scripted in the sense they have dialogue. They are scripted in every other sense, almost as much as Curb Your Enthusiasm is. They have character arcs, storylines and plot points. Nothing (in most cases) aside from improvised dialogue is spontaneous. They have to clear all locations and get permits to shoot there, get waivers signed by businesses and people and city governments before shooting. They have to set up lighting and cameras and probably sometimes use boom mics. (Mic packs are usually visible on their lower backs.)

They have production meetings, they travel to X location together with the technical crew, they play out their scenes, they call it a day and go home. It's a job. Garcelle and Eboni are both professional media personalities and they are doing a job they were hired to do, to interject a racial dynamic into the conversations because the shows have been criticized for years for showing unrealistic all-white depictions of super-diverse cities, and right now there is no way to pretend that is OK. It can't be done. If you think debates about racism have no place in a purported reality show like this, I can only assume you are retired, because this is everybody's work life right now in the US and neither of these shows can go on with an all-white cast pretending it's not unusual.

by Anonymousreply 142Last Friday at 9:34 AM

[quote] If you think debates about racism have no place in a purported reality show like this, I can only assume you are retired, because this is everybody's work life right now in the US and neither of these shows can go on with an all-white cast pretending it's not unusual.

It may be everybody's work life but it's not why viewers watch these shows. They watch for lifestyle porn and ridiculous antics, not deep discussions about the state of race relations.

by Anonymousreply 143Last Friday at 9:37 AM

Crystal and Garcelle feel like more organic additions to the cast of Beverly Hills than Eboni does in New York.

Garcelle knew Denise and Lisa Rinna prior to joining the show and Crystal knew Kathy Hilton. There aren’t links like that between Eboni and the NY cast which is the problem.

by Anonymousreply 144Last Friday at 10:07 AM

R144 Definitely. They both fit in with the rest. Eboni and Leah do not. Most of us watch the show because these are women of a certain age who are still putting themselves out there trying to get laid and find new ways of expressing themselves. Throwing younger women into the mix who constantly shade and shame them is wrong. That’s not what the core audience wants to see.

by Anonymousreply 145Last Friday at 10:15 AM

[quote] Crystal and Garcelle feel like more organic additions to the cast of Beverly Hills than Eboni does in New York.

Say what you like, but I think a big reason for this is that several of the NYC women are patently racist.

Ramona is pure MAGA trash. A racist, an elitist, a religious nut and emotionally volatile.

Luann and Sonja are total hierarchy-worshipping elitists who think old money people are the only people worth knowing, and there are almost no black old money people. The may not be racist in the same way someone from Alabama is, but they have zero interest in ever associating with anyone less than a princess, a countess or a Morgan.

And the ones who are on the best behavior right now are the ones who have reason to be putting across a positive image. They're hiding their true feelings. And I for one am amused watching these vile people play along with a public service message they don't believe in just because I know they can hardly bear it.

by Anonymousreply 146Last Friday at 11:29 AM

Ramona needs a karate kick to the face.

by Anonymousreply 147Last Friday at 7:24 PM

Eboni actually knew LuAnn and Jill socially before joining the show. Not well but they knew each other.

Leah is the complete random addition. She didn't know anyone including Eboni before joining. Their friendship makes Eboni look worse actually. Eboni got into that fight with LuAnn because she was defending Leah (for no real reason) about the constant dick/vagina/ass vocabulary. I think Eboni would get along better with the other cast members if Leah wasn't there and others were cast in her place.

by Anonymousreply 148Last Friday at 7:53 PM

Eboni was brought on to show Bravo wasn't racist and to "school the girls" on being black, hoping to elicit a good fight from Ramona. That's the only reason she was cast. Leah was cast in order to answer the criticism about the age of the other women and to try to save the failing franchise by attracting the newer, " hip" crowd. That's the only reason she was hired.

by Anonymousreply 149Last Friday at 8:23 PM

I like Eboni a lot and I’m glad they cast her, but yeah, Leah can go.

by Anonymousreply 150Yesterday at 2:42 AM

I’m getting Phaedra Parks vibes from Eboni.

by Anonymousreply 151Yesterday at 5:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!