Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Real Housewives of NYC season 13 thread #2

original thread just got paywalled

so Leah is now branching out her feud with Heather to Carole as well. She got mad that Carole, close friend of Heather, blocked on her instagram even though Leah and Carole do not know each other. Why would Carole want to be instagram buddies with someone who was rude to her friend?

So Leah lashed out and attacked Carole over a 2007 photo of Carole and Ghislaine Maxwell

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600August 4, 2021 5:17 AM

first thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 27, 2021 7:29 PM

Thanks, op.

HOLLA!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2May 27, 2021 8:59 PM

I don’t even like Ramona but she should drop Sonja as a friend after that stunt in the restaurant.

And, fuck, Leah’s vow of silence. What the hell is wrong with Eboni for pretending that shit is normal?

by Anonymousreply 3May 28, 2021 2:16 AM

Leah is the new darling that Bravo wants to make the leader in trying to bring in a younger audience. Look at the Bravo site; the vast majority of articles are about her.

by Anonymousreply 4May 28, 2021 2:20 AM

R4 Ratings tell a different story

by Anonymousreply 5May 28, 2021 2:22 AM

Who keeps green lighting B’s solo shows? She hasn’t had a successful one since Bethenny Ever After (which was over 10 years ago)

by Anonymousreply 6May 28, 2021 2:23 AM

yeah it's really odd how Bravo has gone all in for Leah. I wonder what made them think she has the it-factor? So far she hasn't turned around the ratings drop of RHONY.

if anything I keep seeing more and more complaints about her across social media

by Anonymousreply 7May 28, 2021 3:00 AM

more Leah backlash from fans

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 29, 2021 5:11 AM

R8 Why the fuck wouldn’t Leah be with her grandmother then? Why does everyone give this chick a pass?

by Anonymousreply 9May 29, 2021 5:14 AM

Love one of the comments from the article at R 8, calling her Leah McSeeMe.

by Anonymousreply 10May 29, 2021 12:12 PM

Leah is horrible but Sonya is worse. Get rid of that one note delusional cunt STAT!

by Anonymousreply 11May 29, 2021 2:31 PM

Bitch, the entire fucking world has been "having a rough time" for the past 14+ months. No excuse for going psycho.

by Anonymousreply 12May 29, 2021 4:16 PM

Leah you're 40 years old. It's not cute to talk like a 25 year old "sex positive" and "OK boomer". She's at the edge of Millennial, closer to young Gen Xer

by Anonymousreply 13June 2, 2021 1:10 AM

" I don't know whether or not I'll ever see my grandmother again. Oh look, a guy with a big dick." Cry me a river. Get out of there and go to her. As long as she's there, I have zero sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 14June 2, 2021 1:39 AM

Leah is 40 year old hipster version of Clarissa Explains It All

by Anonymousreply 15June 2, 2021 1:40 AM

Leah sucks

by Anonymousreply 16June 2, 2021 1:42 AM

Happy 29th birthday to Carole!

(Filters and Photoshop not included)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 2, 2021 1:44 AM

Did Luann really think Sonja would like that singer guy? lol

by Anonymousreply 18June 2, 2021 1:44 AM

While I can't stand Ramona, I wouldn't constantly talk about dick if someone wasn't comfortable with it

by Anonymousreply 19June 2, 2021 1:47 AM

Are people still watching this shit? How’s Herman Munster shoes?

by Anonymousreply 20June 2, 2021 1:48 AM

I don't watch this show anymore because of Leah. I can't stand her.

by Anonymousreply 21June 2, 2021 1:50 AM

Aside from Leah, I like the current cast. I predict Dorinda will be back next season.

by Anonymousreply 22June 2, 2021 1:53 AM

Just another point of rudeness from Leah...Ramona is a horrible deplorable but Leah is staying at her house during this trip. It's really poor manners to insult your host.

At 40 years old, Leah should consider herself lucky that her grandmother was alive for that long during her life. I understand being upset about her dying but this is behavior you'd expect from a 12 year old.

by Anonymousreply 23June 2, 2021 1:53 AM

omg an angry argument about education, dicks etc

the show has fallen off

by Anonymousreply 24June 2, 2021 1:58 AM

next episode is the Leah vs. Heather feud

it's about voting? interesting. We know Heather is a liberal. Was Leah implying she might not vote? Then she really is a fraud

by Anonymousreply 25June 2, 2021 2:01 AM

Ramona Singer = Cunt

by Anonymousreply 26June 2, 2021 2:04 AM

wow this last argument was 1 of the few times when Sonja was not drunk and was quite sensible. Much more likable in that scene

by Anonymousreply 27June 2, 2021 2:05 AM

Eboni pulled the race card and showed herself to be a liar. So she fits right in.

by Anonymousreply 28June 2, 2021 2:17 AM

Carole looks like Freddie Mercury.

Does she have extra teeth in her mouth, also?

by Anonymousreply 29June 2, 2021 7:02 PM

Carole is twenty, NOT 29.

by Anonymousreply 30June 3, 2021 8:26 AM

Can’t believe no one has mentioned the nude model. He was fucking hawt!

by Anonymousreply 31June 4, 2021 4:44 AM

They’re all sociopaths.

Leah, Ramona, Elon Musk, Grimes, Madonna, Cruella.

by Anonymousreply 32June 4, 2021 4:49 AM

Are ratings still going downhill?

by Anonymousreply 33June 4, 2021 4:51 AM

R7 she has a top tier agent at WME. Probably a top publicist too though I don’t know who that is. Do the other NYC Housewives aside from B even have legitimate agents?

So there you go.

by Anonymousreply 34June 4, 2021 4:53 AM

R33 ratings the last few weeks have been delayed but the first 3 episodes show a negative trend:

by Anonymousreply 35June 4, 2021 5:02 AM

Bethenny launches new wine line "Forever Young"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 5, 2021 4:05 AM

R36 she really has no sense of irony does she?

by Anonymousreply 37June 5, 2021 4:19 AM

Bethenny is exhausting. There’s a fake Donn Gunvalson Twitter account with a fairly sizable following , and Bethenny fell for one of the troll posts, and crafted one of her zingers as a response. She found out it was a parody account and she’s been bitching about it for two days, she can’t drop it.

For someone who purports to be a mogul with multiple successful products while raising a child, she has a lot of free time on her hands.

by Anonymousreply 38June 5, 2021 5:29 AM

She has multiple assistants, so I assume most of her SM is done by them.

by Anonymousreply 39June 5, 2021 5:52 AM

r35 the falling ratings are known as "The Leah Effect".

by Anonymousreply 40June 5, 2021 5:55 AM

I have a feeling that ratings will go down even more if Eboni continues with the " white privilege" and " You don't know what it's like to be a black woman" shit. The audience will get turned off even more than they are with just Leah.

by Anonymousreply 41June 5, 2021 5:59 AM

Kelly wants closure

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 6, 2021 12:53 AM

Hmmmm.. I am loving this season. Just caught up on Sling.

Thought I would despise Leah- and I don't.

I still love Heather and feel bad that she even bothered to return.

And I think Eboni is an awesome addition..

And Sonja seems SERIOUSLY depressed. I really feel for her. And frankly, I was hoping that she would be shitcanned for the last 5 seasons!

by Anonymousreply 43June 6, 2021 1:45 AM

Leah is exhausting. This trauma over her grandmother....um GO FUCKING BE WITH HER....

by Anonymousreply 44June 6, 2021 2:07 AM

R44 like someone said above ...she should be happy she’s 40 and still HAD her grandmother all this time! A parent I could understand as an excuse but a grandmother no matter how much you love them (ans I loved mine a ton so I get it) is seriously stretching it.

by Anonymousreply 45June 6, 2021 2:11 AM

Agree with you both on the grandma.

Leah wants to be a star. But she still seems harmless to me.

by Anonymousreply 46June 6, 2021 2:13 AM

This article is total shit. So, you can't have a disagreement without being labeled " racist" or having " white privilege"? If Eboni is going to pull this " Let me educate you on what it's like being a black woman" crap, the show will be more worthless than it is now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47June 6, 2021 11:37 AM

R47 I agree but at the same time I think it’s so funny how HWs like Ramona and Luann think using (or not using) crass vulgar language is any indication of “class” or education. Because nowhere do you hear worse locker too talk than among prep school people - and since Luann et all were not even close to being brought up in those circles, they have no idea. So it’s just funny what they “think” they know.

(Not that Leah is a “prep” either having gone to Sacred Heart for literally two seconds, but that’s beside the point)

by Anonymousreply 48June 6, 2021 12:17 PM

*locker room talk Jesus autocorrect

by Anonymousreply 49June 6, 2021 12:18 PM

5 mins into the episode and Eboni claims Lu called her an ANGRY BLACK WOMAN. Uh no. She said you were angry and called you an angry woman. It’s on tape, dear.

by Anonymousreply 50June 9, 2021 1:05 AM

Race , race, race. Black, black, black. Blah, blah, blah. I welcome seeing a drunk Sonja.

by Anonymousreply 51June 9, 2021 1:12 AM

Put the white people on the defensive and make them apologize, even if you are wrong.

by Anonymousreply 52June 9, 2021 1:21 AM

So Heather jumps in and takes Eboni’s side and Eboni feels uncomfortable because she feels Heather is too familiar with black culture. I’m changing the channel. This show is officially canceled by me.

by Anonymousreply 53June 9, 2021 1:22 AM

I agree. I turned the show off. Leah and Eboni have ruined it. Hopefully, the show will be canceled.

by Anonymousreply 54June 9, 2021 1:45 AM

Did anyone suggest to Leah that she stop filming and stay by her beloved grandmothers side? No sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 55June 9, 2021 3:11 AM

Leah is getting mostly blasted on twitter and instagram for her treatment of Heather which makes me happy

Yes Heather is overbearing and had some cringey moments this episode but she meant well. Leah is a fraud and a hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 56June 9, 2021 4:19 AM

It is insane that only Sonja, of all people, knew exactly what to say about this situation at this time. She’s a lot savvier than you’d think.

by Anonymousreply 57June 9, 2021 4:22 AM

I cannot stand Leah!

by Anonymousreply 58June 9, 2021 4:34 AM

Sonya is my favorite! Luanne tried it with that old/ugly musician-Sonya matchup. She knew that guy was not Sonya's type (the nude model is more her style). Luanne is such a shady bitch to her female friends every time she gets a new guy. I can't wait for her new relationship to implode (and it will). Sonya will have the last laugh.

by Anonymousreply 59June 9, 2021 4:36 AM

Avery should be a housewife. She’s an asshole just like her mother. And you just know Ramona has either done this or suggested this to her daughter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60June 9, 2021 6:20 AM

Heathers reaction to Leah’s dramatic outburst was that of a tired mom who’s tired of dealing with her bratty kid. I like Heather but it’s clear she’s a target and that’s why she stopped filming. This season is a disaster. The only hope would be to bring back Dorinda, Tinsley and maybe B next season to get it back on track.

by Anonymousreply 61June 9, 2021 2:14 PM

I was one of the few who actually didn't mind Leah last year, but this season she is completely insufferable. Her talk about voting also exposed what a big fucking phony she is. She claims she's disgusted by "both sides?" Really, Leah? Which part of the Democrats is your supposedly woke ass disgusted by? The part where they're actually doing shit to protect people like your new BFF Eboni? GTFO.

I haven't been a huge fan of Eboni so far, but I thought she came off pretty well last night with her explanations of her side of things. I do wish, though, that she wouldn't take every possible opportunity to use being black as a cudgel against the other women. The comment about being emancipated since 1865 when Ramona asked her to hurry up getting ready was particularly ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 62June 9, 2021 2:58 PM

In a way I feel bad for every POC who is cast on these shows because it’s become their duty to school the ignorant white people and point out how potentially racist they are. It would be more productive just to watch everyone interact on a human level. Remember when Kim was the only white hw on Atlanta? She got along with some of the cast and rubbed others the wrong way but it felt normal. I have black co workers who I love and others I hate. Do I hate them because they’re black? No. I hate them because they’re cunts. Same feelings I have for white co workers.

by Anonymousreply 63June 9, 2021 3:31 PM

R62 Leah really is a phony. It's clear she just goes on social media to pick up the latest buzz words and phrases (often from black twitter) to then use them on the show. Completely contrived and fake. Then she turns around after appearing like she's so woke but doesn't care enough to fucking vote! All that a slap in the face to her new supposed bff Eboni. Then Heather and Eboni talk about how they feel about Leah possibly not voting. Eboni tells Leah and Leah only gets mad at Heather even though Eboni agrees with Heather.

Leah is getting dragged to hell on social media and deservedly so. I hope the ratings continue to tank. Bravo deserves it for trying to make Leah their new it-girl. Truly awful

by Anonymousreply 64June 9, 2021 4:00 PM

They added a POC to the cast knowing it was only a matter of time before one of them said something racist.

by Anonymousreply 65June 9, 2021 4:02 PM

Leah is 40 but wants us to think she's 25 but in reality acts like a bratty 12 year old who has a false sense of victimhood

by Anonymousreply 66June 9, 2021 4:06 PM

I agree, R65. And I think Ramona knows that's why Eboni was added too. Which is why she's gone out of her way to say how much she likes her—to try to protect herself when the inevitable racist accusation comes her way

That being said, I'm happy to see a more diverse cast on all of these shows. I'm loving Crystal so far on RHOBH and although I'm more lukewarm on Garcelle, she at least fits in with that group. I think Eboni's casting has been a lot less successful because, while I can see Crystal and Garcelle running in the same circles as the BH HWs, it's pretty clear that Eboni would never interact with any of the NY HWs if she wasn't being paid to do so.

by Anonymousreply 67June 9, 2021 4:06 PM

They should have found some black women who are closer to Sonja's age.

by Anonymousreply 68June 9, 2021 4:08 PM

Someone told Ramona to keep her mouth shut and praise Eboni, because I would have assumed she would have said something horrific by now to her… but it’s still early in the season so she has time.

Ramona messaged the phrase “All Lives Matter” on Instagram during the Floyd protests last year, when she was asked about them. I’m surprised that hasn’t come up.

by Anonymousreply 69June 9, 2021 4:08 PM

NY has always been my favorite franchise (although I only ever watched OC, BH, NJ and NY) but this psycho Leah is SINGLE HANDEDLY ruining the show!! She was bad enough last season as a raging out of control drunk, but she's even worse this season. That constant loud boo hooing over her grandmother - (followed by the phony excuse "I have such a large family I wouldn't be able to get near her room") is intolerable - who wants to tune in and see that? She deliberately sabotages every event, either by not participating at all, starting an argument at the slightest drop of a word or phrase, then storming off and starting that fake bawling again. Those ugly and bizarre ensembles she wears scream "look at me" (not that there's anything appealing to see!)

She has some obvious personality/mental disorders, not the least of which is her alcohol history. I would not be surprised if she has found some other substitute for liquor (Adderall, Xanax, maybe) because she is clearly unbalanced. And yes, she has hijacked the show and is RUINING IT!!

by Anonymousreply 70June 9, 2021 4:19 PM

PS. And all that OTT sex talk is just another cheap ploy for "look at me!" attention and an excuse to spark another argument. I would bet money she is not in any kind of relationship - what reasonable man could put up with that insufferable behavior?

Everything about her telegraphs I HAVE PROBLEMS.

by Anonymousreply 71June 9, 2021 4:23 PM

Lu said something interesting. When Eboni started her rant about being better educated then the rest Lu said something like ‘I’m not biting.’ In other words these bitches know Eboni was brought on the show to stir up racist shit but they’re not falling for it. Ramona keeps going overboard thanking Eboni for enlightening her and Sonja is, as always, harmless so going after her would be a mistake.

by Anonymousreply 72June 9, 2021 4:37 PM

R72 Also, Sonja and Lu's conversation about Lu being the first one to have a "snafu" with Eboni when they both thought it would be Ramona was pretty telling, and also kinda funny.

by Anonymousreply 73June 9, 2021 4:39 PM

R73 YES! You would think they would have been smart enough to edit that out. Sometimes these women come off as dumb and clueless but don’t underestimate them. Those are the dangerous ones.

by Anonymousreply 74June 9, 2021 4:42 PM

Fucking done on Leah. Not going to vote? You are the reason Trump wins. Go the fuck home and cry about your grandma - you are just doing it on camera to get sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 75June 9, 2021 4:42 PM

R75 I think she thinks she sounds more intelligent and “edgy” by saying that. She just sounds dumb.

That said, would Heather rather have her not vote or vote for Trump? Let face it people who say you “have to vote” are only about you voting for one way (and I’m no different lol)

by Anonymousreply 76June 9, 2021 4:49 PM

Good or bad I’ve always felt Heather was genuine. That’s why she can’t put up with Leah’s fake bullshit. I liked Leah last season but she’s really going off the rails here.

by Anonymousreply 77June 9, 2021 4:55 PM

r76 not at all if she wanted to support Trump by all means support him but have a fucking voice. Saying she cares about BLM or Eboni's feelings about race and then saying she is not going to vote? Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 78June 9, 2021 4:55 PM

Leah is just provocative for the sake of being provocative. If BLM wasn’t in the news she wouldn’t care, and I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s never voted.

by Anonymousreply 79June 9, 2021 5:08 PM

Heather was cringe with some of her comments on the race issue and probably shouldn't have inserted herself as a moderator, but other than that, she's always been one of the more levelheaded Housewives on this franchise and I thought she handled that shrieking harpy Leah really well. She seemed unbothered by Leah's over-the-top theatrics and clearly saw her as the attention whore she is. Leah is exhausting and her novelty has now completely worn thin. She's also exposed herself to be a big hypocrite. It's always the idiots who never follow politics or bother to learn about what's going on in the world who claim that both sides suck and refuse to participate in the process. It's like not doing your homework and using the excuse that you don't believe in homework as your alibi.

by Anonymousreply 80June 9, 2021 5:57 PM

Eboni, you're so eloquent!

by Anonymousreply 81June 9, 2021 6:30 PM

The funny thing is Eboni has the exact right vibration for Potomac and would fit in perfectly among those women - as she’s already said herself, she has white friends, but her social life (unsurprisingly) is Black majority and she’s not used to hanging out with a group of exclusively white girls, to say nothing of women her mother’s age.

Bravo shows work best when they feel like a deep dive in to a specific social/cultural milieu. South Charm New Orleans had a racially diverse cast that engaged in plots that covered racial issues, and it worked terrifically because the “scene” of youngish strivers they feature WERE racially integrated in their real lives and they lived in a city with an interesting and quite specific race relations reality. RHONY is fundamentally about a bunch of Candace Bushnell characters who have been put out to pasture and who are trying to figure out the back nine of their lives - it’s about a very specific type of UES white lady (and the Bethenny’s and Carole’s who love to hate them/but are actually part of their tribe) - and that should be ok!

If Bravo wants to be “woke”, it should be producing more franchises and series where BIPOC and their “scenes” are the actual subjects and not just parachuted into otherwise white casts to lecture Kyle and Ramona about the racial undertones of their messy lady squabbles.

by Anonymousreply 82June 9, 2021 6:54 PM

Discussing important issues on these shows almost trivializes them. Below Deck Med will have a diverse crew next season so expect that show to be woke, too.

by Anonymousreply 83June 9, 2021 6:58 PM

Leah wants to show us the scar from her boob job (that along with her nose she got during a pandemic)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84June 9, 2021 7:30 PM

Leah will be showing her meat curtains next.

by Anonymousreply 85June 9, 2021 7:36 PM

Very well said, R82. I feel the exact same way about the Gossip Girl reboot. Gossip Girl was about old moneyed Upper East Side prep school kids, so it made sense the cast was super white. The reboot has diversified and now looks nothing like how an actual UES prep school looks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86June 9, 2021 7:37 PM

if by the age of 40 you haven't already realized the importance of voting, you really are a fucking moron. The fact that Leah took the same stance (at least in the episode) about Biden and Trump as she did in 2016 with her dumb article about Hillary and Trump shows she hasn't grown at all in the last few years. She's a vapid famewhore with the worst fashion we've ever seen from a housewife

by Anonymousreply 87June 9, 2021 8:01 PM

Leah also said she wanted things to go back to normal. Then why are you on the fence about voting for Biden, asshole?

by Anonymousreply 88June 9, 2021 8:19 PM

If I wanted to be lectured to about race ( for the millionth time) I'd just turn on NPR, not watch RHONY.

by Anonymousreply 89June 9, 2021 8:47 PM

Bravo is the worst with race. RHOA is just the epitome of angry black woman - I mean Nene? Come on. I remember on Married to Medicine they tried to add in a white blonde girl and it was a disaster. They started with Carrie, but she got the boot after the first year.

by Anonymousreply 90June 9, 2021 8:50 PM

last week's ratings out. Still way under 1 million lol

here are all 5 episodes so far

.88 so slightly up last week

by Anonymousreply 91June 9, 2021 10:56 PM

Must be zero story this year they've been stretching this Heather fight and the Hamptons for five episodes.

by Anonymousreply 92June 9, 2021 11:41 PM

R92 It’s ridiculous. This show feels so tired

by Anonymousreply 93June 10, 2021 12:01 AM

I wonder who Leah will fight with once Heather leaves

oh her supposed "friends" Ramona and LuAnn, the ones she got mad at Heather for trashing on her podcast? Got it

phony!

by Anonymousreply 94June 10, 2021 12:33 AM

Nothing gonna happen after heather leaves . The collapse of this season is complete

by Anonymousreply 95June 10, 2021 12:48 AM

I wonder why Bravo is even supporting it if the ratings are so bad. It seems like they are adding minority characters as tokens not because they have any chemistry or connection with the cast. Clearly viewers are disinterested.

by Anonymousreply 96June 10, 2021 12:49 AM

I love how Eboni throws around the term white fragility. Um, bitch, you're inability to handle being called angry... I'd call that BLACK FRAGILITY.

by Anonymousreply 97June 10, 2021 12:53 AM

Bravo is trying to make up for so much lost time by wedging in tokens in NYC and LA, and I feel bad for the women who were cast to carry this embarrassing charade forward.

There's zero question that Garcelle, Eboni and Crystal were cast because they're people of color. People here complain that the women have made that an issue, ignoring the obvious realities that 1) they are conspicuously the first and only women of color on their seasons (barring the Latina in BH who lasted one season and left in part because of perceived racism); 2) they clearly don't fit in with the daft, white longtime loonies; and 3) they were cast specifically to address these issues openly on the show because they have been ignored until now.

NYC and LA are two of the most racially diverse cities in the country and we've barely seen any people of color in over a decade, aside from the occasional waitperson or housekeeper. It's really pretty astonishing. NBC should be very embarrassed of Bravo properties because of this. People have been up in arms for five years about Sex and the City and Friends being too white, which are 20-30 years old and which are fictional, while RHONY and RHOBH have been marshmallow white until now, while calling themselves recorded reality.

It's not Garcelle's, Eboni's or Crystal's faults that they talk about race so much. It's their job. They were cast to talk through what the shows have failed to address. And of course both franchises are doing mortifying work of it.

by Anonymousreply 98June 10, 2021 1:31 AM

the ratings have been in steep decline since before Eboni so it's not fair to blame it on her. Tinsley was never a ratings winner as she was boring and only became "popular" last season when previously fan favorite Dorinda went berserk on her while being a raging drunk. Leah made ratings fall further last season too with her antics. While there are some fans of her, many were appalled by her drunken psychosis. This season she's losing more support as most see through her contrived act. Even without the alcohol she's still just as awful

Bethenny leaving the show was a big blow and they haven't found someone since to make up for it.

I knew it was a mistake this season to have only these 5 as the main cast members.

by Anonymousreply 99June 10, 2021 2:20 AM

Ramonas smarter than I thought steering clear of the race issues and yammering on about how she has a lot to learn.

by Anonymousreply 100June 10, 2021 2:23 AM

When Ramona starts to become somewhat likable you know there’s a problem.

I don’t believe in treating a HW with kid gloves because they’re black. If you’re not ready to take the heat you shouldn’t come in. It’s bringing down the season (along with Leah and no Bethenny)

by Anonymousreply 101June 10, 2021 2:25 AM

I want Dorinda back. I miss the days of Rey and the party and the dry cleaners

by Anonymousreply 102June 10, 2021 2:27 AM

if Dorinda would not get drunk, I'd love her to return. She can be a real voice of reason and is smart with funny commentary. Her drinking was just too much last season to stomach

by Anonymousreply 103June 10, 2021 2:28 AM

Something that shocked me about Bethenny is she partakes in that dumb cameo website. It's surprising given that she thinks she has outgrown the housewives and clearly doesn't need the money. I could be wrong but I didn't see she ticked it for the charity option. I can't picture her just enjoying sending paid messages to fans. Most of the other housewives are on there too with lower prices

by Anonymousreply 104June 10, 2021 2:30 AM

[quote] They were cast to talk through what the shows have failed to address.

Well that's the problem right there. No one watches the HW shows to be challenged or enlightened on racial equality. People watch because it's silly and mindless.

by Anonymousreply 105June 10, 2021 2:31 AM

I've had the same thought about Ramona avoiding the heavy issues. She's there but not really there, and that's what makes it feel so obvious to me (besides common sense) that the racial dynamic is as scripted as anything ever has been on any of these shows.

Again, Eboni explixitly said she was grateful to be cast on the show because there are a lot of smart and interesting black women in New York, admitting she was hired to fill that specific role and based on what we are witnessing, we can be sure she was hired not just to be black on camera but to address the elephant in the room. Based on what Ramona's support of Trump, her refusal to wear a mask during COVID, her faith-based jewelry business and her haughty, dismissive attitudes toward 'servants,' I have very little room in my mind to believe she isn't patently racist. So to see her navigate this so craftily feels actually diabolical to me. That's making a big assumption, but it's my innate reaction to what I am seeing. Luann has to face a reckoning for some of her past behaviors like the infamous blackface episode (for which I blame Bravo), and so it makes sense that she'd be the one writers would put in the position of being taught a lesson. No matter what happens, it seems, Leah will always be grating.

And over in Beverly Hills, ***just by coincidence*** (The shows aren't scripted, y'know!) the same dynamic is playing out. Sutton is commanding all the attention with seemingly psychotic episodes, but I think RHOBH is doing a slightly more interesting job by having brought in Garcelle a year ago to introduce the conversation and mega-bitchy Crystal this year to expand it. Crystal's attitude is awful and as much as many here seem to like her, she reminds me of Carlton the Witch attitudewise and I don't like it—but at least that puts me in the situation of having a response to the 'characters' and not to the terribly awkward anti-racism lesson. (I am all for anti-racism lessons, but no one employed by Bravo is competent at this. It's mortifying to witness.)

by Anonymousreply 106June 10, 2021 11:40 AM

R105 I’m still curious why both Ramona and her ex have decidedly “un-Catholic” last names. Sheer coincidence? Or are they converts?

by Anonymousreply 107June 10, 2021 12:46 PM

WTF is a " Catholic" last name?

by Anonymousreply 108June 10, 2021 1:33 PM

R108 certainly not Singer or Mazur, that’s for sure.

Converts are often the most fanatic (and conservative) too; it would explain a lot.

by Anonymousreply 109June 10, 2021 4:38 PM

Sonja is such a passive aggressive cunt to Ramona and Luann. She really needs to be knocked on her ass

by Anonymousreply 110June 10, 2021 4:41 PM

I’m from a city with a large ethnic Ukrainian population, and Ramona very much reads as non-Jewish Eastern European to me, for what it’s worth.

Sonja definitely is reading the room right on how to be on this show via a vis race issues and she has a real knack for charming other women right off the bat with her self-effacing wistful clown act, but her whole schtick is attaching herself to whoever she perceives as being the most powerful cast member (first Ramona, then Bethenny, then Dorinda, and now Eboni) and being a passive aggressive bitch to whoever she perceives as “coming for her spot” (Tinsley, Luann, and now Ramona).

by Anonymousreply 111June 10, 2021 4:54 PM

They should've just told Dorinda to tone the drinking down, and bought her back for this season.

I also wish Carole was still on this show. Should bought sanity into the mix. We need HWs from the past to come back and mix with the current women.

But I do still like this franchise and I've been a fan of Eboni since before she joined this show.

by Anonymousreply 112June 11, 2021 7:21 AM

A google search shows that Mazur is a Polish name, and Poland is 86 percent Catholic. Mazur is also a Dutch name, and it can be a Jewish derivation. Ramona also looks Eastern European to me.

Singer can be a Jewish surname, but it can also be English and German.

Suggesting both of them converted to Catholicism seems a little odd to me. I've heard of one of a couple converting to the other's religion, but two Jewish people both converting to Catholicism seems like it would be unusual.

Anyway, Ramona is a pretty good representative of an uber-capitalist American as she sells junk jewelry to Christian cult members while raking in more money to show off her 60-something surgically enhanced body and her timeless ignorance on basic cable. She mangles language, she won't bother to learn names of 'the help,' she insults people and then apologizes and expects to be forgiven every time, she supports Trump, hangs out in Florida, refuses to wear a mask, refuses to answer whether she's been vaccinated. Typical American Christian regardless of the denomination, but if you guys didn't mention she's Catholic, I would assume she is Baptist or Pentecostal or something.

by Anonymousreply 113June 11, 2021 8:11 AM

They could use Heather big time on the show right now. Fingers crossed she’ll be back.

by Anonymousreply 114June 11, 2021 8:28 AM

It is weird that they brought in Heather as a 'friend' and that her role is both nonchalant and central to the drama. A lot of people say they don't like her, and she does have an annoying know-it-all quality, but she's also the only relatable one to me. I think people just don't like her face and the old performative 'holla!' stuff and would like her if she had a more cosmetically altered face.

by Anonymousreply 115June 11, 2021 8:32 AM

Once Heather leaves next episode, the other friend joins this season. Her name is Bershan

by Anonymousreply 116June 11, 2021 8:33 AM

Crystal sucks. Not very attractive dragon lady whose past at an escort agency suggests she’s a certain kind of opportunistic sociopath.

Nice girls don’t work at escort agencies. Even as the operator. But kudos for scoring a dorky Jew.

by Anonymousreply 117June 11, 2021 8:58 AM

I don't normally agree with the overall opinions of these cast members on here, but agree 100 percent about Leah. She's just incredibly hard to watch, impossible to like, and she seems totally inauthentic.

The two cities I've watched all these years have been NYC and L.A. (aka Beverly Hills, which isn't Beverly Hills).

The L.A. cast has always been pretentious and stilted and artificial and the appeal from the beginning was their supposed wealth juxtaposed with their superficial lifestyles and overall idiocy.

The NYC cast always was a strange mix of putting on pretentious airs while being obnoxiously unfiltered directly to one another's faces and in confessionals. Bethenny was an unapologetic asshole, Ramona was an unapologetic asshole, Jill was an unapologetic asshole, Luann was a demanding countess, Alex was in Brooklyn. Things got weird with Carole, who was more guarded and who created a false onscreen persona, and then took a nosedive with drunk Dorinda, tragic Tinsley and psychotic Leah. Early on, the cast was so charged with frenetic New York energy and clashing strong personalities and all the most recent additions have just been messes who make me uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 118June 11, 2021 9:26 AM

Was Heather supposed to be a full time hw but demoted to friend of when she stopped filming after a few episodes?

by Anonymousreply 119June 11, 2021 10:33 AM

I feel like Carole was waaay too young for this sort of program and her youth made her unrelatable to the other women -who could only muster jealousy in the face of their fading youth.

by Anonymousreply 120June 11, 2021 12:25 PM

Carole's supple and pertly youthful breasts certainly made her a standout among the shriveled crones of this series.

Hers is a luminescent beauty rare among all women, much less princesses.

And she's an intellectual, too, writing influential and undyingly relevant treatises such as The Widow's Guide to Sex and Dating!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121June 11, 2021 12:41 PM

I thought Heather was a friend of the show, not a full-time member. But, she dropped from that role, so not much was lost, except a punching bag for the despicable Leah.

by Anonymousreply 122June 11, 2021 1:05 PM

Carole pushed The Widows Guide hard when she first joined the show. She even talked about interest in turning it into a tv series. Then she gave up. It wasn’t happening.

by Anonymousreply 123June 11, 2021 2:03 PM

I'm so fucking sick of Leah. I will probably give up on this show if it continues to be constantly shoved down our throats that white people are bad and need to shut up and listen to more minorities.

by Anonymousreply 124June 11, 2021 2:07 PM

If Carole thought she was going to get a TV series, I guess she thought she could take Candace Bushnell’s place. Carole was a mean girl and thought she was above everyone else except Bethany

by Anonymousreply 125June 11, 2021 2:13 PM

I was willing to give Eboni a shot, but no they did not call her an angry black woman

by Anonymousreply 126June 11, 2021 2:16 PM

The only look that Ramona reads is UGLY - inside and out

by Anonymousreply 127June 11, 2021 2:29 PM

Heather feels like she’s there as a representative from corporate. Every interaction she has with Leah is like watching an HR director stick-handling the office basket case about to be put on unpaid leave.

by Anonymousreply 128June 11, 2021 2:43 PM

After Eboni's explanation, I understood why she felt she was being labeled "the angry black woman" despite no one mentioning her race. But I also don't think that's how Lu meant it and, if anything, it's Eboni who is obsessed with making everything about race. There was no reason to reference white fragility when Ramona asked them to stop yelling nor was there any reason to mention emancipation of slaves when Ramona asked her to hurry up. Eboni also made a point of saying it's not her job to "educate" the other women. Which is fine except it's pretty clear she thinks her job is just to try to paint them all as racists at every turn.

by Anonymousreply 129June 11, 2021 3:13 PM

Is it any surprise no one is watching and the show is a total failure?

by Anonymousreply 130June 11, 2021 3:16 PM

they need to get rid of Leah and bring back Dorinda

by Anonymousreply 131June 11, 2021 3:38 PM

Can the ratings get any lower?

by Anonymousreply 132June 11, 2021 3:44 PM

^^^ probably if they continue to slam white people

by Anonymousreply 133June 11, 2021 3:46 PM

The Lu-Sonja-Ramona-Dorinda combo worked so well because they really are friends who have known eachother for years. They have a history. There are old wounds that sometimes flare up. Tinsley at least had a connection to Sonja. Leah and Eboni were just thrown into the mix and it’s not working. The show is suffering because of it. If Bravo loves them so much then they should give them a show of their own.

by Anonymousreply 134June 11, 2021 3:49 PM

I can’t believe they stretched out the Hamptons over 5 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 135June 11, 2021 3:55 PM

Whoever's responsible for keeping Leah for a second season should be sacked.

by Anonymousreply 136June 11, 2021 4:06 PM

Next season-

Dump Leah

Bring back Dorinda, Bethenny, Tinsley or Carole, and Aviva

I would love to see Aviva and Bethenny clash. And I would love to see Eboni check the two of them. Bethenny thinks she’s “street” and woke (I remember her trying to use a black girl voice in season 2), and Aviva thinks she’s liberal. They deserve the smack down that LuAnn just received.

by Anonymousreply 137June 11, 2021 4:18 PM

None of them are likable. It’s time to retire RHONY. They keep making the same mistake of retaining very old cast members who have no storyline. Ramona is in her 60’s. Sonja is a depressing mess, and LuAnn is a bore with her tired “cabaret.”

Leah and Ebony are also killing the show.

by Anonymousreply 138June 11, 2021 4:24 PM

and the reason they didn't call Leah an angry woman when she stormed off is that's always how she acts

by Anonymousreply 139June 11, 2021 4:27 PM

I'm sure Bravo expected Eboni to bring in more viewers. They are clueless when it comes to who watches these shows. Weren't the BravoCon attendees 99% white women. A majority of housewives are Trump supporters. Why would the viewers be any different.

by Anonymousreply 140June 11, 2021 5:05 PM

Apparently Bravo thinks white SJWs will flock to Real Housewives shows if they center them on Strong Women of Color who school those whypipo on how awful and racist they are.

How's that workin' for ya, Bravo?

by Anonymousreply 141June 11, 2021 5:19 PM

[quote] Eboni also made a point of saying it's not her job to "educate" the other women. Which is fine except it's pretty clear she thinks her job is just to try to paint them all as racists at every turn.

I would bet money that it is her job. She was hired to do this. The network felt that the show had to finally confront its conspicuous whitewashing of New York City and Los Angeles, and it decided to bring in new cast members and charge them with broaching the issues. As I said above, I don't blame Eboni, Garcelle or Crystal. It could not be more obvious that they were cast to say what they are saying.

It's orchestrated, like everything else on these shows. I think almost everyone does understand that nowadays, but everyone seems to forget it while watching and discussing the shows.

Reality TV shows like these are not scripted in the sense they have dialogue. They are scripted in every other sense, almost as much as Curb Your Enthusiasm is. They have character arcs, storylines and plot points. Nothing (in most cases) aside from improvised dialogue is spontaneous. They have to clear all locations and get permits to shoot there, get waivers signed by businesses and people and city governments before shooting. They have to set up lighting and cameras and probably sometimes use boom mics. (Mic packs are usually visible on their lower backs.)

They have production meetings, they travel to X location together with the technical crew, they play out their scenes, they call it a day and go home. It's a job. Garcelle and Eboni are both professional media personalities and they are doing a job they were hired to do, to interject a racial dynamic into the conversations because the shows have been criticized for years for showing unrealistic all-white depictions of super-diverse cities, and right now there is no way to pretend that is OK. It can't be done. If you think debates about racism have no place in a purported reality show like this, I can only assume you are retired, because this is everybody's work life right now in the US and neither of these shows can go on with an all-white cast pretending it's not unusual.

by Anonymousreply 142June 11, 2021 5:34 PM

[quote] If you think debates about racism have no place in a purported reality show like this, I can only assume you are retired, because this is everybody's work life right now in the US and neither of these shows can go on with an all-white cast pretending it's not unusual.

It may be everybody's work life but it's not why viewers watch these shows. They watch for lifestyle porn and ridiculous antics, not deep discussions about the state of race relations.

by Anonymousreply 143June 11, 2021 5:37 PM

Crystal and Garcelle feel like more organic additions to the cast of Beverly Hills than Eboni does in New York.

Garcelle knew Denise and Lisa Rinna prior to joining the show and Crystal knew Kathy Hilton. There aren’t links like that between Eboni and the NY cast which is the problem.

by Anonymousreply 144June 11, 2021 6:07 PM

R144 Definitely. They both fit in with the rest. Eboni and Leah do not. Most of us watch the show because these are women of a certain age who are still putting themselves out there trying to get laid and find new ways of expressing themselves. Throwing younger women into the mix who constantly shade and shame them is wrong. That’s not what the core audience wants to see.

by Anonymousreply 145June 11, 2021 6:15 PM

[quote] Crystal and Garcelle feel like more organic additions to the cast of Beverly Hills than Eboni does in New York.

Say what you like, but I think a big reason for this is that several of the NYC women are patently racist.

Ramona is pure MAGA trash. A racist, an elitist, a religious nut and emotionally volatile.

Luann and Sonja are total hierarchy-worshipping elitists who think old money people are the only people worth knowing, and there are almost no black old money people. The may not be racist in the same way someone from Alabama is, but they have zero interest in ever associating with anyone less than a princess, a countess or a Morgan.

And the ones who are on the best behavior right now are the ones who have reason to be putting across a positive image. They're hiding their true feelings. And I for one am amused watching these vile people play along with a public service message they don't believe in just because I know they can hardly bear it.

by Anonymousreply 146June 11, 2021 7:29 PM

Ramona needs a karate kick to the face.

by Anonymousreply 147June 12, 2021 3:24 AM

Eboni actually knew LuAnn and Jill socially before joining the show. Not well but they knew each other.

Leah is the complete random addition. She didn't know anyone including Eboni before joining. Their friendship makes Eboni look worse actually. Eboni got into that fight with LuAnn because she was defending Leah (for no real reason) about the constant dick/vagina/ass vocabulary. I think Eboni would get along better with the other cast members if Leah wasn't there and others were cast in her place.

by Anonymousreply 148June 12, 2021 3:53 AM

Eboni was brought on to show Bravo wasn't racist and to "school the girls" on being black, hoping to elicit a good fight from Ramona. That's the only reason she was cast. Leah was cast in order to answer the criticism about the age of the other women and to try to save the failing franchise by attracting the newer, " hip" crowd. That's the only reason she was hired.

by Anonymousreply 149June 12, 2021 4:23 AM

I like Eboni a lot and I’m glad they cast her, but yeah, Leah can go.

by Anonymousreply 150June 12, 2021 10:42 AM

I’m getting Phaedra Parks vibes from Eboni.

by Anonymousreply 151June 12, 2021 1:29 PM

I wonder if Heather and Leah fight more in the next episode. The limo being the last interaction would be anticlimactic. While I was never the biggest Heather fan when she was first on the show, I want her to give Leah a real verbal lashing

Heather will be on WWHL this week

by Anonymousreply 152June 13, 2021 7:21 PM

Heather comes after Eboni.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153June 15, 2021 5:20 PM

How low can the ratings go?

by Anonymousreply 154June 15, 2021 5:31 PM

Total bullshit from a lying grifter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155June 15, 2021 10:55 PM

Sonja is trying way too hard to act work.

by Anonymousreply 156June 16, 2021 12:26 AM

R153 I’ve never liked Heather but she’s right. I hate how her rep has to now “deny” she posted that. When will this bullshit end?

by Anonymousreply 157June 16, 2021 12:35 AM

Sonja should’ve been fired years ago. She’s tired and the passive aggressive relationship with Ramona is tired

by Anonymousreply 158June 16, 2021 12:54 AM

R124 Fuck you, you racist asshole.

No more minorities?

You're proving everyone's point about white. And yes, historically white people have been very racist and a threat to black people as well as towards other none white groups.

White people welcome no one who isn't white, at least not truly. They only tolerate none whites. I know plenty of people who were once in interracial relationships, and they all said the same damn thing after getting out of them.

That they felt a weight lifted off of them after exiting those relationships. They didn't realize just how stressed they were until they were free of that white man or woman.

They are all now happily married to other black people and will never do interracial relationships again. There's plenty of stories all over the internet and YouTube about this very subject. Black men and women were made for each other. Living and dealing with white people is a very stressful thing and can actually make you SICK!

by Anonymousreply 159June 16, 2021 12:57 AM

Oh do fuck off, R159, you bloviating, self-righteous fuckwad.

by Anonymousreply 160June 16, 2021 1:04 AM

T160 The truth hurts Bitch.

A hit dog will always holler.

by Anonymousreply 161June 16, 2021 1:05 AM

The truth is that you are a bloviating, self-righteous asshole. And it must have hurt you, because it is the truth.

by Anonymousreply 162June 16, 2021 1:08 AM

Is Eboni fucking serious? she brings race into everything

by Anonymousreply 163June 16, 2021 1:08 AM

We’re 5 mins in and Eboni is making her first black woman speech Everyone take a drink every time she says black woman.

by Anonymousreply 164June 16, 2021 1:09 AM

Getting sick of the Eboni-cs.

by Anonymousreply 165June 16, 2021 1:10 AM

I love Eboni.

by Anonymousreply 166June 16, 2021 1:10 AM

Why is Sonja such a cunt to Ramona?

by Anonymousreply 167June 16, 2021 1:11 AM

R162 is a Fucking Racist CUNT!!!!

Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 168June 16, 2021 1:11 AM

How low will the ratings for this week be?

by Anonymousreply 169June 16, 2021 1:12 AM

And I love that because she’s black we conveniently get to ignore all the other things about her, like what a fucking gold digger she is. How many Birkins and Burberry pashminas (who the f wears pashminas anymore) does this “first black lady of RHONY” need and why is everything she wears a big fat logo?

by Anonymousreply 170June 16, 2021 1:13 AM

Leahs grandmother died before she got to say goodbye. Maybe she should have skipped the fucking beauty pageant and gotten her priorities straight.

by Anonymousreply 171June 16, 2021 1:17 AM

I don't feel sorry for Leah. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 172June 16, 2021 1:17 AM

[R162] is a Fucking Racist CUNT!!!! Asshole.

And far more people side with me than with you. Truth hurts.

by Anonymousreply 173June 16, 2021 1:19 AM

Why would anyone speak to Eboni? All they do is end up apologizing because she's triggered.

by Anonymousreply 174June 16, 2021 1:21 AM

Is Leah borderline?

by Anonymousreply 175June 16, 2021 1:21 AM

I don’t think Eboni is all that articulate. Aside from Lu, none of them are.

by Anonymousreply 176June 16, 2021 1:22 AM

Sonja really needs a good face slapping

by Anonymousreply 177June 16, 2021 1:23 AM

R177. I think she might like that too much.

by Anonymousreply 178June 16, 2021 1:24 AM

OMG Michael from Season 1 of Million Dollar Listing. He looks great!

by Anonymousreply 179June 16, 2021 1:28 AM

R175, Leah has said that she has Bipolar II

by Anonymousreply 180June 16, 2021 1:28 AM

Just what NYC needs, another crazy middle-age real estate agent

by Anonymousreply 181June 16, 2021 1:29 AM

Sonja is still a doormat

by Anonymousreply 182June 16, 2021 1:34 AM

lmfao Ramona stayed out of NYC on election night because she feared riots

such a damn deplorable

I hate that Leah's sister is filming so much this season. Producers are really making a mistake by making Leah the new central figure

So Heather disappears after the Hamptons. Things did seem better between her, Leah and Eboni but maybe we didn't see other footage that hadn't been addressed

by Anonymousreply 183June 16, 2021 1:45 AM

IDK Ramona was a Republican

by Anonymousreply 184June 16, 2021 1:48 AM

Heather wasn’t taking the bait. She played nice after the fight with Leah because she knew she was quitting and would never have to deal with these bitches again.

by Anonymousreply 185June 16, 2021 1:50 AM

I'll read the recaps here. I just can't with Eboni. She used the word "resonate" and I changed the channel.

by Anonymousreply 186June 16, 2021 1:52 AM

Sonja wouldn't be saying this crap if Ramona was there

by Anonymousreply 187June 16, 2021 1:57 AM

the problem is Sonja should have been fired years ago. Instead all the newer people got fired so we're stuck with the same old Ramona, Sonja and LuAnn which is a tired dynamic.

Then you add in Leah who is just awful and doesn't fit in with them

Eboni it's too early to tell. She seems to be friendly with most of the cast except LuAnn now that the season is over

they needed more cast members this season.

by Anonymousreply 188June 16, 2021 1:59 AM

Heather just read a speech about WOKENESS off cards on WWHL. I’m back to hating her again.

by Anonymousreply 189June 16, 2021 2:29 AM

Those fucking DOGS all over the FOOD!!

by Anonymousreply 190June 16, 2021 3:11 AM

Ramona being slammed for fake tears. Leah "tribute to grandmother" way out of control. If she had meant so much, Leah would have skipped going to Ramona's.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191June 16, 2021 3:20 AM

I get it, Eboni is BLACK!!!!! ZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 192June 16, 2021 3:38 AM

Leah and Eboni are blowing smoke up Sonja's ass. The only reason they can tolerate her is because they haven't been dealing with her shit for the past decade.

by Anonymousreply 193June 16, 2021 3:41 AM

Was Leah's grandmother in the hospital? I thought nobody could visit hospitals at that time

by Anonymousreply 194June 16, 2021 4:15 AM

The only thing more boring than Leah is her sister.

by Anonymousreply 195June 16, 2021 4:31 AM

I’m sick of seeing Ramona’s tits and flabby body. Do fans like this?

by Anonymousreply 196June 16, 2021 5:29 AM

I’m sick of seeing Sonja’s untreated mental illness

by Anonymousreply 197June 16, 2021 5:45 AM

Ramona having to be on Lawg Island for the election was the height of her gross deplorableness. They all danced around it I wish someone would have just said it.

And wtf that Heather apology on WWHL - ugh

by Anonymousreply 198June 16, 2021 6:07 AM

Heather is such a fucking spineless coward. She was so meek on WWHL

by Anonymousreply 199June 16, 2021 6:16 AM

Heather’s afraid of a Yummy Tummy boycott. That apology was insane.

by Anonymousreply 200June 16, 2021 6:19 AM

Ramona wasn't keeping a distance because she feared riots. She's a Trump supporter. She could not get away with that on camera on Bravo. Had she been there during the election, all eyes would have been on her throughout the night and it probably would have been her TV demise for the world to watch her admit on camera that she supported the man who brought Nazis out of the woodwork and into the streets. She's on good behavior this season, recalibrating after Trump's loss and the advancement of civil rights. It's clearly insincere. As much as people here resent the 'woke' discussions, note that Ramona is getting away with opting out and just grinning. It's not because she is listening; it's because she knows opening her mouth will be bad for her and so she is keeping her MAGAness off camera altogether to keep those paychecks coming in.

I'm curious about her comment about her businesses. She said she "did" the jewelry, did the wine, did skincare. Have all her business ventures failed? I was under the impression her 'True Faith' jewelry existed before the Housewives and that she and her husband made real money off that business. No? And wasn't her bread and butter income from buying and reselling overproduced clothes to stores like Ross and Marshall's? She didn't even mention that.

I'm guessing this is just evidence of this stuff being scripted for the show and not a real reflection of her moneymaking schemes, but the comment makes me wonder.

by Anonymousreply 201June 16, 2021 9:39 AM

Next week the girls go to Harlem to experience Eboni's black life and friends. I'll pass.

by Anonymousreply 202June 16, 2021 10:36 AM

Eboni on Election Day said she was calling it 'Kamala Harris Day' and hosted an election night party that Ramona skipped.

Do we need to see more?

by Anonymousreply 203June 16, 2021 10:40 AM

The show in unwatchable. It’s preachy and not fun. Seeing Kelly Dodd get ax’d from RHOC gives me hope that Leah and Eboni will get the boot next season. Or give them their own show and see how many people tune in. Bravo can call it The Real WOKE Housewives of NYC.

by Anonymousreply 204June 16, 2021 1:29 PM

Did anyone notice the menorah on Eboni's table? Someone really needs to educate her regarding her problematic cultural appropriation.

by Anonymousreply 205June 16, 2021 2:37 PM

Leah and Ebony have the weird millennial affection where they think they are smart but they are actually just arrogant and entitled.

by Anonymousreply 206June 16, 2021 3:51 PM

^ affectation

by Anonymousreply 207June 16, 2021 3:52 PM

Leah is definitely gone at the end of the season. Eboni might be gone too but I feel they'll either give her another season or replace her with another person of color. My money is also on Ramona being demoted to friend or out completely (she's vile). And unless they get new stories or Bethenny's return saves their asses -by to LuMann and Sonya as well.

by Anonymousreply 208June 16, 2021 4:01 PM

bye*

by Anonymousreply 209June 16, 2021 4:02 PM

I'd like to see Carole return next season too.

by Anonymousreply 210June 16, 2021 4:05 PM

Eboni isn’t going anywhere unless she quits.

by Anonymousreply 211June 16, 2021 4:08 PM

The only way they'll dump Eboni and risk offending the PC police is if they dump the entire cast and start from scratch. Which I 100% support.

by Anonymousreply 212June 16, 2021 4:10 PM

Bethenny has been giving interviews in the past couple of weeks talking in fonder terms about RHONY. She’s on her way back and she will bring Dorinda with her.

I can’t see her mixing well with Eboni. She may not be popular here but Eboni knows how to win an argument, it won’t be like fighting with LuAnn or Ramona.

Maybe they’ll keep Leah so Bethenny has someone she can bully.

by Anonymousreply 213June 16, 2021 4:15 PM

If the RHOA can tolerate Kim Zolciak for all those years. The same can be done for Eboni.

Get over it assholes. Eboni is a great addition to this show, and she was probably told to say the things she's saying. She'll probably tone it down next season. But she's also right about the things she's saying as well. These white Bitches have a lot of privilege in life and probably don't even realize it.

Remember LuAnn acting a fool when she was arrested in palm beach a few years ago? How many black men or women can do what she did a get away with it?

Exactly!

Eboni is making solid points with these women and people like some of the posters on this thread, just don't want to hear of it.

by Anonymousreply 214June 16, 2021 4:24 PM

There’s nothing natural about Eboni’s interactions with these women. As soon as any of them say anything that she considers offensive she pulls out her soapbox and gives a lecture. It’s tiresome. Next week’s field trip to Harlem to see how black folks live should be a blast.

by Anonymousreply 215June 16, 2021 4:32 PM

Yes, R214. That is exactly why I watch the Real Housewives of New York City—to be educated on white privilege, systemic racism, and social justice issues.

Holla!

by Anonymousreply 216June 16, 2021 5:17 PM

Trash Kennedy

by Anonymousreply 217June 16, 2021 5:29 PM

It’s gross when owners let their dogs get into the food. And they always think it’s adorable.

by Anonymousreply 218June 16, 2021 5:37 PM

Heather hasn't been with Yummy in years. She was sued by her partner and she was gone. I wonder what happened.

by Anonymousreply 219June 16, 2021 5:56 PM

Heather hasn't been with Yummy in years. She was sued by her partner and then she was gone. Wonder what actually happened.

by Anonymousreply 220June 16, 2021 5:57 PM

Leah was kind of a breath of fresh air last season... but she clearly let "fan favorite" status from that season go to head. Now she's just showboating and overacting in hopes of getting a rise out of these tired bitches. She needs to go.. and take that hideous get up she's wearing in her confessionals with her.

by Anonymousreply 221June 16, 2021 6:14 PM

Leah was never a "fan favorite"

by Anonymousreply 222June 16, 2021 6:51 PM

Bravo is aware that the old broads are fading into "same old, same old" ruts and losing viewership. They wanted to bring in a younger crowd to shore up ratings, so enter Tinsley, who was a doormat. Exit Tinsley and enter Leah and now, Eboni. Leah has been met with hostility from the audience due to her rage and mental instability. Eboni was brought on to hop onto the "diversity" bandwagon. She was hired with the express orders to represent black people and raising discussion, especially exposing Ramona. With the overwhelming number of shows turning into lecture series, convincing the white public that they are all inherently racist, the former oasis has turned into the SJW desert. The joy has been drained.

by Anonymousreply 223June 16, 2021 7:03 PM

I wonder if we’ll see Leah’s parents this season? They looked embarrassed last season and rightfully so. The father of her kid seems like a decent guy.

by Anonymousreply 224June 16, 2021 7:10 PM

R214 I agree Eboni should be given another season and that if it happens, she'll be more settled into the cast.

As I keep saying, Leah is the real problem. Eventually someone is going to point out to Eboni how problematic Leah is and it will be interesting to see Eboni either answer for it or dodge. Eboni will not want her image tarnished if she thinks the public considers her a hypocrite. I think an Eboni-Leah friendship breakup would be fun viewing

Leah for her part is trying to assert power moves. She is reportedly trying to get Tinsley back on the show now that she is single again. I hope producers don't do this as Tinsley was quite possibly the most boring cast member ever, even worse than Kristen.

Ramona is too old and really needs to go. She's now what 63? Enough

Sonja should have been fired several years ago but will stay because producers don't want to scrap the entire cast

LuAnn is obviously staying even though she's out of storylines

Carole has said repeatedly she will not come back

I do think the door is open for Dorinda and Bethenny to return

Bershan is the next "friend" who joins next episode and she apparently fit in very well with the cast so she might get the upgrade next season to housewife

by Anonymousreply 225June 16, 2021 7:28 PM

I can't wait to find out how Ramona met this Bershan person. Sonja is crazy, but she was right on in saying Romana is doing this all for show.

by Anonymousreply 226June 16, 2021 7:40 PM

Yes, some of the women are 60 plus. Why is that a problem. They’re a hell of a lot more interesting than Leah and Eboni.

by Anonymousreply 227June 16, 2021 8:14 PM

Last week ratings finally out. Here's the continued list of all episodes so far. Ratings seem to be stable in the high 800,000s

.878 so that's .88 rounded up just like the week before. Producers and Leah must be upset that her "big fight" with Heather did nothing to boost ratings

by Anonymousreply 228June 16, 2021 10:27 PM

2 weeks in a row at .88 is not good for what NYC used to do

In the last year, Atlanta, Potomac, New Jersey and Beverly Hills are the top rated housewives' shows. NYC has really fallen off

by Anonymousreply 229June 16, 2021 10:29 PM

for comparison with BH which is also airing now, so far the ratings are

by Anonymousreply 230June 16, 2021 10:32 PM

Potomac is so much more fun than this show. The dynamics of the Potomac women remind me in some way of classic New York and Atlanta-several of the ladies had friendships prior to the show, and they fight like siblings-attacking each other, then getting over it and being friends a few minutes later.

They also really haven’t been infected with glam squads like the other show since these bitches don’t have a pot to piss in.

It’s a great show, if you like housewives you’ll like Potomac.

by Anonymousreply 231June 16, 2021 10:38 PM

I have never missed an episode of this show, but if this season is going to be all about educating white people, I'm out.

Eboni's cheap hooker hair is awful. You can actually see exactly where her real hair ends and the fake hair begins. Weird for someone who won't go out without her hair and makeup done.

Everyone talks about how crazy Kelly was on scary island. Sonja's behavior is almost as bad. She really needs help.

by Anonymousreply 232June 16, 2021 11:06 PM

Ramona will never get a real estate license in a MILLION YEARS!! She just thought that dude from Douglas Elliman was going to get her in just like that. WRONG!

by Anonymousreply 233June 17, 2021 12:09 AM

The chick with the bruised pussy from 6 seasons back would be an improvement over this sad cast.

by Anonymousreply 234June 17, 2021 12:13 AM

Whatever happened to JEWELS?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235June 17, 2021 12:32 AM

I think after her divorce Jules moved to Florida and lives with her parents

by Anonymousreply 236June 17, 2021 12:35 AM

Jules was arrested for hitting Michael during a custody hand off. I think their divorce became final last year. He was real piece of shit ; shortly after they separated he had the power cut off at their house, with his children living there.

by Anonymousreply 237June 17, 2021 12:40 AM

Leah is a cooze this season maybe she should start drinking again

by Anonymousreply 238June 17, 2021 1:54 AM

Bethany is always good tv I’d love her to come back. Same with Dorinda

by Anonymousreply 239June 17, 2021 1:55 AM

I really want Carole to come back. I miss her on this show.

But she already said it wasn't going to happen. She recently did a life after Bravo interview with Bravo, for it's YouTube channel. It's two parts, she basically recapped her time on the show and discussed what the experience was like.

I do wish she'd come back though.

by Anonymousreply 240June 17, 2021 2:09 AM

[quote] Bethany is always good tv

You obviously didn't watch her HBO show.

by Anonymousreply 241June 17, 2021 2:09 AM

What’s worth them bringing up all their drama and feelings with some random boxing coach? . It’s weird.what is this Starting Over?

by Anonymousreply 242June 17, 2021 2:14 AM

R242 clearly he’s trying to get a part on the show. Is he verified on IG yet?

by Anonymousreply 243June 17, 2021 2:17 AM

R242 LOL, I remember that show" starting over" my mother loved watching that show back in the early early 00s.

by Anonymousreply 244June 17, 2021 2:23 AM

Yeah r244 that was the first place I ever saw Iyanla lol. If any man belongs on the show it’s Rey

by Anonymousreply 245June 17, 2021 2:28 AM

Carole was the richest housewife at one point and an interesting addition.. Couldn't imagine why she felt she needed to do that show. But even she was boring after a while. Just reacting to Bethenny the whole time. I thought she was brought in to tame Luann who was still calling herself the Countess. And then she walked off with her hot chef.

by Anonymousreply 246June 17, 2021 2:41 AM

I used to adore Leah when she first arrived. Now I hate her as much as I hate the rest of them.

by Anonymousreply 247June 17, 2021 4:16 AM

Ebony is completely annoying. I don’t think she has a genuine bone in her body. The only reason I can think why Bravo keeps this city and cast is because people hate watch it or bag on it from watching clips.

by Anonymousreply 248June 17, 2021 6:05 AM

The Countess shows that she is the "most educated."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249June 17, 2021 10:41 AM

Bravo keeps the NYC franchise so Bethane will have somewhere to land and feel superior after her talk show failed, her HBO show failed, her next media venture fails...

by Anonymousreply 250June 17, 2021 10:44 AM

[quote] Ebony is completely annoying. I don’t think she has a genuine bone in her body.

Isn't this a prerequisite to being a housewife? Luann, Ramona, Erika, Lisa Rinna, Lisa Vanderpump, Kyle...I can't think of many who seem genuine.

by Anonymousreply 251June 17, 2021 10:46 AM

Bring back that pogo stick Aviva! And maybe that power lez Barb!

by Anonymousreply 252June 17, 2021 12:38 PM

SPeaking of Leah being Bipolar II, is that like the new fibromyalgia and an excuse for shiteous behavior? I know several younger women with that diagnosis and they're all insufferable. Serious question.

by Anonymousreply 253June 17, 2021 7:45 PM

That young chef that Carole banged seemed dumb as a road cone. And he talked like a stoned teenage girl. I'm surprised his cock held her attention as long as it did.

by Anonymousreply 254June 17, 2021 8:03 PM

don't need brains when you've got pubes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255June 17, 2021 11:26 PM

His cock certainly has my attention.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256June 17, 2021 11:27 PM

R 225 and R256, good god, he looks like a totally different person in those shots.

On the show, he looked like he stank of patchouli and beets.

by Anonymousreply 257June 18, 2021 7:34 AM

I don't think that's Carole's fuckboy in those shots. He was good looking, but not nearly that pretty. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 258June 18, 2021 7:35 AM

R258 That is Adam but airbrushed out and probably 10 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 259June 18, 2021 8:19 AM

The photos are of Adam who was a model before he became a cook.

by Anonymousreply 260June 18, 2021 10:59 AM

I had to laugh when Eboni used the word intelligencia. The only other person I’ve heard say that was Barbara Thorndyke when Dorothy was going to the Mortimer Club.

by Anonymousreply 261June 18, 2021 11:09 AM

But, I'm sure Eboni would treat Murray Guttman much better........ after she informed him that she was a black woman.

by Anonymousreply 262June 18, 2021 3:13 PM

Heather has never really bothered me, other than being a bit sanctimonious, but that "apology letter" reading on Andi Coen was BEYOND awful. I had second hand embarrassment for her and everyone involved.

by Anonymousreply 263June 18, 2021 5:07 PM

Did Heather apologize for saying Ebony Wood was a race baiter or for something else?

by Anonymousreply 264June 18, 2021 9:00 PM

[QUOTE] The photos are of Adam who was a model before he became a cook.

I read this as “ The photos are of Adam who was a model before he became a COCK.”

by Anonymousreply 265June 18, 2021 10:43 PM

Heather can be cringe but she’s good. She will return after the drama like this. I can’t wait. Love her. I can’t believe people are asking for Carole back now :0

by Anonymousreply 266June 18, 2021 10:51 PM

Sorry Leah, Grandmothers die. Didn’t she have Alzheimer’s? Leah is an insufferable Cunt. They need to scrap to entire NY cast and hire real housewives, not these useless sows.

by Anonymousreply 267June 18, 2021 11:17 PM

I think they need to sunset RHONY and just put Ramona, Luann, Sonja and Dorinda in a house somewhere in South Florida for a couple months during the winter and have it be like a Golden Girls spin on the Summer House format. You could probably do that on the cheap and just show in on Peacock.

by Anonymousreply 268June 18, 2021 11:37 PM

What a cunt!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269June 18, 2021 11:49 PM

"SPeaking of Leah being Bipolar II, is that like the new fibromyalgia and an excuse for shiteous behavior? I know several younger women with that diagnosis and they're all insufferable. Serious question.

R253 In the celebrity world, bipolar II is code for drug/alcohol addiction, often coupled with personality disorder. Catherine Zeta Jones was a pill addict and covered her rehab stay with a story about having bipolar II.

by Anonymousreply 270June 18, 2021 11:58 PM

Eboni is by far the most attractive woman on this show. Leah looks like a rat.

by Anonymousreply 271June 19, 2021 12:45 AM

R 271 must have graduated from Eboni's school for educating whites.

by Anonymousreply 272June 19, 2021 12:20 PM

I want Bethenny, Dorinda, and Heather back f/t.

by Anonymousreply 273June 19, 2021 12:29 PM

Dorinda is guesting on Million Dollar Listing NY this week so she’s obviously still part of the Bravo family.

by Anonymousreply 274June 19, 2021 12:35 PM

I’d love to see Eboni try and ‘educate’ Dorinda.

by Anonymousreply 275June 19, 2021 12:38 PM

For all her drunkenness, I don’t see Dorinda being clueless about race relations.

by Anonymousreply 276June 19, 2021 1:00 PM

None of them are clueless about race. All of this bullshit is scripted. Every bit of it.

by Anonymousreply 277June 19, 2021 1:30 PM

R276 I kinda agree with about Dorinda. She's definitely type to seem much more aware of what's going on in this country race wise. She doesn't strike me as ignorant like some of the other women on the show.

Dorinda knows she's a privileged white woman, but she doesn't seem stupid about social issues either.

by Anonymousreply 278June 19, 2021 4:39 PM

Does anyone think Ramona would actually become a real estate agent? Who on earth would trust her?

by Anonymousreply 279June 19, 2021 5:19 PM

Ramona wants to be a real estate agent because she thinks it’s an easy way to pick up wealthy men, and she probably figures it can’t be hard if Kelly is successful at it.

by Anonymousreply 280June 19, 2021 5:23 PM

Unless Ramona is selling to single men in their 80’s, I don’t think she will be picking up anyone. She’s pushing 65.

by Anonymousreply 281June 19, 2021 5:27 PM

Ramona thinks she’s hot stuff r281, she absolutely thinks in her delusional mind that some wealthy investment banker wants her geriatric ass.

by Anonymousreply 282June 19, 2021 5:37 PM

The other women say that Ramona is really promiscuous with drunk pickups at UES bars. She seems like a clueless skank.

by Anonymousreply 283June 19, 2021 5:48 PM

Ramona handled the whole Mario scandal and subsequent divorce in a surprisingly mature manner but you know deep down inside she was devastated. So now she sleeps around to make herself feel better. Good for her fragile ego. Remember, Ramona comes from an abusive, fucked up household. The scars never go away. Trust me.

by Anonymousreply 284June 19, 2021 5:58 PM

Ramona is petrified that she is getting older. She prides herself on being desirable, so she is acting out. By sleeping with men, etc. she is trying desperately to convince herself that she is still wanted. But, instead of being desirable, men just label her a slut and mercy fuck her when younger, more nubile women aren't available. Chaucer's aging wife of Bath said it best:

The flour is gone, there is no more to tell,

The bran, as best I may, must I now sell;

by Anonymousreply 285June 19, 2021 8:29 PM

I also think that Ramona’s status obsession has a huge impact on the way she is about sex and dating. I think Leah is rancid but she is totally right that Ramona is obviously obsessed with sex but is equally as obsessed with distancing herself and shaming the other wives whenever they do or say anything raunchy that isn’t like focus-group approved to appeal to the Cialis boners of middle-aged hedge fund managers, which is stupid because they aren’t checking for her not matter what she does. Ramona would also never openly date a much younger personal trainer/gigolo like Luann, which is silly because, despite how smug she was during her marriage, it turned out Mario was living off her money.

by Anonymousreply 286June 19, 2021 9:22 PM

I think the only man who would want Ramona would be in his 70’s or 80’s and she is too vain to be seen with someone that old. How long has she been looking? Over 5 years?

by Anonymousreply 287June 20, 2021 12:05 AM

They've been separated for eight years, divorced for seven. I don't see Ramona having another relationship because her standards are ridiculous and don't take her own shortcomings into account. A guy must be wealthy, successful, great-looking, and apparently, younger than her. It's not just that she's older, it's that she's obsessed with seeming younger and she's emotionally about four. She has nothing to offer the kind of man that she's holding out for.

by Anonymousreply 288June 20, 2021 12:43 AM

I think she’s basically holding out for Christopher McDonald’s character in Hacks.

by Anonymousreply 289June 20, 2021 1:00 AM

Ironically, the one who is probably getting laid the least is Sonja.

by Anonymousreply 290June 20, 2021 1:05 AM

Exactly. Ramona wants a man that could easily get a 24 year old. Wealthy men her age don’t want someone who is 64.

by Anonymousreply 291June 20, 2021 1:11 AM

I love how all the comments here suggest Ramona is too old for a man her age, completely ignoring that she's mean as a snake and has a volatile personality prone to throwing out cruel barbs at a moment's notice.

by Anonymousreply 292June 20, 2021 1:38 AM

I only can see UES drunks like Harry Dubin wanting to do Ramona. She probably has a bunch of ugly f buddies that are complete trolls in daylight. I think she will end up dead from one of her randoms.

by Anonymousreply 293June 20, 2021 1:44 AM

I don’t think Sonja’s ever actually had much of a love life since she’s been on the show. The Harry Dubin season, which was what? 8 years ago? was clearly as fake as the toaster oven she put Heather through the ringer over - and was clearly Sonja trying to give herself a flattering independent storyline. The love triangle with that gay French guy and Rocco a few years later was even less credible - and was obviously her trying to save face after Luann managed to reel in some ain’t shit guy from the UES party circuit who only thought of Sonja as a last resort jump off.

by Anonymousreply 294June 20, 2021 1:50 AM

Ramona, Sonja, Luann are all known sluts.

by Anonymousreply 295June 20, 2021 2:18 AM

Leah looks rough this season. Maybe she’s not drinking but is she on meth or something?

by Anonymousreply 296June 20, 2021 2:28 AM

I miss Dorinda. She would have added so much to the conversation about race. It would have gone something like this:

hihiuperhfperfpirfmper hfwefmcwewdnchweiiieeeooo!

by Anonymousreply 297June 20, 2021 2:38 AM

Ramona is an asshole. I don't even think it's because of the way she treats the women. Those women are co-workers, so I expect them to do that stuff. It's the way she treats help staff, from vacations, to her own hired help, to the way B said she ignored her two assistants in the elevator. I think she's just a rude, oblivious, ass. BUT I think she's genuinely has some sort of mental impairment where she doesn't see it. From the way she's always twitchy and spazzy I have long thought that she has undiagnosed ADD or a very mild tourette's or something! I think that's why she always gets away with her behavior in the end. Because I think as unbelievable as it is, she really can't help it.

by Anonymousreply 298June 20, 2021 3:16 AM

Ramona is definitely crazy, but she seems to be the most financially stable out of her sonja and Luann. How did she make her money? She has that house in the Hamptons that she recently remodeled. And she also recently moved into a new condo.

She seems to really have money to burn. Maybe not on a Bethanny level, but she doesn't seem like she's going to suffer if and when she's eventually fired or the show comes to an end. And she seems to travel a lot too. All of that money cannot be from a reality show. She had to have made a chunk of that before the show started. Especially owning a home in the Hamptons. And someone a few posts ago, said her ex husband was living off of her.

Ramona seems to be doing well financially. I'm just curious about her finances and how she got so well off. Did she come from money?

by Anonymousreply 299June 20, 2021 4:15 AM

Ramona, for all her obvious flaws, is not short of a work ethic and spent 30ish years grinding it out in one of the more unglamorous corners of the fashion industry - selling overstock clothes to off-pricers. She was the breadwinner in her marriage. Also, as a boomer stereotype come to life, she was able to get on the Manhattan and Hamptons property ladder back in the eighties when a single thirtysomething woman in the rag trade could buy an UES apartment and then a place in the Hamptons.

by Anonymousreply 300June 20, 2021 4:37 AM

Ramona is what they call “comfortable”

by Anonymousreply 301June 20, 2021 4:37 AM

And “crazy”

by Anonymousreply 302June 20, 2021 5:46 AM

Ramona seems insane-ish and mean, but who cares if she's a slut? Ditto the Countess and Sonja. A bunch of gay men on a website that closely tracks hookers' behaviors on OnlyFans accounts judging elderly women's sex lives is a very stone-in-glass-house setup. They're lucky to be slutty at their ages.

by Anonymousreply 303June 20, 2021 10:57 AM

Leah still grabbing publicity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304June 20, 2021 12:10 PM

That's from awhile back. But yeah, she outed herself as a thirsty, illiterate nutjob.

by Anonymousreply 305June 20, 2021 12:30 PM

The original "feud" was back, but it's returned. I guess both of them need publicity - Che to stay employed and Leah in her attempt to be the centerpiece of RHONY.

by Anonymousreply 306June 20, 2021 2:06 PM

Leah has meth face. It could be adderall, but she is on something that causes facial wasting.

by Anonymousreply 307June 20, 2021 5:07 PM

So we have

LuAnn - seems most successful picking up hot guys who want to see her more than once

Ramona - has sex with random strangers and can’t remember their names

Sonja - celibate from mental illness and cannot sell her townhouse because it’s right next to a parking lot

by Anonymousreply 308June 20, 2021 5:24 PM

i.m sorry, but how empty is your life that you need to fill a tiny part of it with this dreadfully sick crap?

by Anonymousreply 309June 20, 2021 5:26 PM

It’s purely for entertainment

They are like gay men

by Anonymousreply 310June 20, 2021 5:31 PM

I hope Ramona gets gonorrhea. 'Cause you know that bitch doesn't use condoms because AIDS is a gay disease.

by Anonymousreply 311June 20, 2021 5:41 PM

Ramona is turning into one of those delusional old gay men on Grindr, chasing dick that is out of their league, and being forced to settle for appalling scraps.

I could see Sonja settling for a working class man who truly loved her and being happy. I don’t feel that she needs a man to be successful the way Ramona does.

Ramona is scarred from being the breadwinner in her marriage. Ultimately the only man who will ever make her make her happy again is Mario. There are still sparks between them and I bet they fuck on occasion.

by Anonymousreply 312June 20, 2021 7:36 PM

R307 not meth face just horse face. The nose job helps a tiny bit to make that part of her face look a little wider and rounder proportionally but not really - she still has a horse face.

by Anonymousreply 313June 20, 2021 7:44 PM

R312, I would love to see Sonja with a hot firefighter or something. She would be so happy. I really like the old broad. I think she has a good heart. Her drinking doesn’t even bother me, because she is just entertaining and not vicious (I’m sure it bothers her poor liver though).

by Anonymousreply 314June 20, 2021 7:48 PM

I agree r334 she seems sweet just troubled

by Anonymousreply 315June 20, 2021 7:52 PM

Leah will not age well.

by Anonymousreply 316June 20, 2021 8:02 PM

Yeah r316 she’s already aged noticeably in one year

by Anonymousreply 317June 20, 2021 8:03 PM

No need to fuss. Eboni has made it her life's mission to fix Sonja up with a man. Maybe she should try a woman.

by Anonymousreply 318June 20, 2021 8:43 PM

Eboni needs to find herself a man first.

by Anonymousreply 319June 20, 2021 9:06 PM

I always thought Sonja was bi. I can see her going down on Ramona or getting fingered by Lu.

by Anonymousreply 320June 20, 2021 10:44 PM

Heaven help us.....

by Anonymousreply 321June 20, 2021 10:46 PM

You just know that Eboni's going to end up with a white man.

by Anonymousreply 322June 20, 2021 10:48 PM

Do you guys really believe what you see is what you get with these women?

I can't help feeling Ramona is really as nutty as she comes across. She does seem neurologically 'different,' and she'd have to be a pretty brilliant improv actress to have invented her strange expressions and tics for the show.

I've always had the sense Sonja is playing a role and is not the person we see on the screen. She's a mother and we have never seen any suggestion of that side of her. Her business was entirely scripted. I think Sonja is probably 85 percent improv acting.

by Anonymousreply 323June 20, 2021 11:40 PM

R323 She has a very close relationship with her daughter, who is now at college. Mr. Morgan refused to allow the daughter to appear on the show. I assume once she turned 18, she can decide for herself.

by Anonymousreply 324June 21, 2021 12:56 AM

R324 But I'm saying that we've only seen a depiction of Sonja as daffy and horny and longing for love and an old party girl. She has a kid and invested for years in feature films. I have a feeling she's a lot more sane and down to Earth than the character she plays for TV. By the time they introduced her to the cast, the series was going more for characters than real people. Alex was sent packing.

by Anonymousreply 325June 21, 2021 1:00 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 326June 21, 2021 3:26 AM

R325 it’s funny how everyone here says Sonja “doesn’t have a mean bone in her body “ - again, it’s just a “part” she’s playing. Irl (events, things like that), she comes off much less friendly and full of herself Vs Luann and I hate to say it Ramona, who in my experience /witness is the most friendly and willing to strike up conversations with anyone (well as long as you’re not a waiter or janitor). She’s a deplorable but I actually can believe that she has some “real friends” - even if not 50.

by Anonymousreply 327June 21, 2021 5:36 AM

Sonja is a cunt. I’d be very surprised if the Morgan family has anything to do with her.

by Anonymousreply 328June 21, 2021 2:57 PM

Anyone who uses the word c#nt is a c#nt. Such a foul/vulgar word.

by Anonymousreply 329June 21, 2021 7:33 PM

R329, you're not British, are you. It's a very proper noun.

by Anonymousreply 330June 21, 2021 7:41 PM

Does Sonja still have those pathetic interns?

by Anonymousreply 331June 22, 2021 12:50 AM

Yes. They help change her diapers that she wears on planes, clean up her vomit, throw away the moldy food in the refrigerator, pick up the dogshit that she leaves on her patio, sweep that parking lot next to her townhouse, and generally clean up the filth that is her house and life. She's seriously disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 332June 22, 2021 11:48 AM

No new episode tonite. BD reunion part 2 instead. Maybe the editors are tinkering with new episodes to try and make them watchable?

by Anonymousreply 333June 22, 2021 12:50 PM

This was supposed to be the episode that Eboni takes the girls to Harlem to further their education on how they are inherently racist. Since the only viewers are New Yorkers, maybe they thought the viewers would be too exhausted from voting. After all, it's very taxing having to rank the candidates.

by Anonymousreply 334June 22, 2021 6:05 PM

Or maybe they just thought viewers were already exhausted by the show's weekly lectures on race.

by Anonymousreply 335June 22, 2021 6:42 PM

But that's the only reason she was cast - to lecture on race. They wanted the big confrontation with Ramona over race to stir the plot and get viewers.

by Anonymousreply 336June 22, 2021 9:59 PM

[quote] They wanted the big confrontation with Ramona over race to stir the plot and get viewers.

Well 1 outta 2 aint bad

by Anonymousreply 337June 23, 2021 9:23 PM

How low can the ratings go?

by Anonymousreply 338June 23, 2021 9:26 PM

last week ratings out. Here's the season so far

.87 was last week. So the ratings are stuck in the high 800,000s not good compared to earlier seasons but there are plenty of current Bravo shows with less viewers. It'll be interesting to see what effect this week's break has on next week's ratings

by Anonymousreply 339June 23, 2021 10:56 PM

Cindy Barshop is #1 with Jules #5

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340June 24, 2021 2:03 AM

That's ludicrous, R340.

by Anonymousreply 341June 24, 2021 10:22 PM

Dorinda was on MDL tonite and she looked fabulous. I miss her.

by Anonymousreply 342June 25, 2021 2:38 AM

I loved Dorinda when she was new to the show.

I couldn't stand her by the time she left.

She became a vicious drunk over the last couple of seasons, and even worse, she was just plain annoying and predictably so.

The "JOVANNI!" thing was obnoxious and unamusing and she seemed to think it was hilarious. It got to the point at which every episode with her was the same: she started off fine and reasonable, then she was drinking, then she was drunk and screaming at someone, then she was crying and feeling victimized for being made to feel bad about embarrassing herself.

Who wants to watch that? It was depressing as fuck and weird, and go me it felt like watching Kim on her downward spiral all over again, yet some people continue to think she's fun and funny. She was totally unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 343June 26, 2021 2:34 AM

How dareudwjj, R343!? Fucggshs ffjelleeepsodjrfic trdadjwkoojddjaa!

by Anonymousreply 344June 26, 2021 2:56 AM

Same r343. And she would never be any better brought back,

by Anonymousreply 345June 26, 2021 3:01 AM

What about a certain attractive red head with her wise mother?

by Anonymousreply 346June 26, 2021 3:05 AM

Enough with the schvartzes.

by Anonymousreply 347June 26, 2021 3:10 AM

Stop it. You're getting high on your horse!

Dorinda was fired for being a "mean drunk." You really have to knock 'em back for the “Real Housewives” to think you're drinking too much.

by Anonymousreply 348June 26, 2021 11:48 PM

It's interesting cultural progress when no one minds overdrinking because they think it's immoral, but because it's annoying as fuck when some people do it. Dorinda went from charming and disarming to a raging monster and never came back.

by Anonymousreply 349June 26, 2021 11:53 PM

Dorinda is not my kind of girl. She made plans and God threw a drink in her face.

This needs to go back to being a nice little family show. It’s time to bring back that beautiful red head, her boxy daughter and wise mother to set everyone straight. Viewers are begging for it. Why doesn’t Bravo listen?

by Anonymousreply 350June 27, 2021 12:07 AM

Tell it, Gloria!

by Anonymousreply 351June 27, 2021 12:11 AM

My favorite Jules moment was when she was talking to Luann about her sick dad and Lu made it all about her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352June 27, 2021 12:18 AM

Did Jules’ pussy ever heal?

by Anonymousreply 353June 27, 2021 12:23 AM

R352, that was actually a (rare) scenario where I felt Luann wasn’t being an asshole. She had just been on the receiving end of a Bethenny shriek fest and took it like a champ (and Bethenny was only coming at her because Carole was to chickenshit and humourless to return Luann’s volley and have a campy housewives fight about taking a young lover...which is one of the many examples of why Carole was the worst of her season five cast additions) and then a wasted/coked up Dorinda, desperate as always to kiss up to Bethenny, freaked out on Luann for accurately stating there was a birthday cake for Dorinda in the kitchen (“It’s not my birthday! That cake was from my Muddah! Don’t you sayyy nuffin’ about my muddah! Jjzzhhh ffggijihi! jjzzzhhh!!”)

Luann goes outside to smoke and cool down and Jules comes out and refuses to commiserate with her (again, I suspect for fear of running afoul of Bethenny) and instead is like “This is so petty. these aren’t even real problems. My dad is sick!”

Luann was one hundred perfect justified in tuning her out and continuing to narrate her hurt feelings to the camera. Especially, as Jules admitted at the reunion that Luann had already listened to her talk about her sick dad when they drove up together to the Berkshires.

by Anonymousreply 354June 27, 2021 1:02 AM

Love Bershan so far. Love her even more because she’s clearly pissing Eboni off. Even Leah was over the history lesson tonite. There’s a glimmer of hope that the show might be fun again.

by Anonymousreply 355June 30, 2021 1:24 AM

Eboni is really getting tiresome. Is it possible for her to speak without preaching?

by Anonymousreply 356June 30, 2021 1:51 AM

The way Luann’s daughter’s face fell when she said “I don’t know if I’m going to drink again!”

by Anonymousreply 357June 30, 2021 1:59 AM

OK yeah I liked Eboni at first but I am over it now.

Part of me was gleeful that she cornered red-hat Ramona, but at the same time, Jesus, give it a fucking rest, Eboni. How does she have any friends?

by Anonymousreply 358June 30, 2021 2:29 AM

[quote] How does she have any friends?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359June 30, 2021 3:52 AM

Can someone here recap the whole Eboni/Ramona politics convo? Did Ramona finally admit she was a Trumper? I saw the beginning and end but missed the middle which got interrupted by a damn emergency broadcast system test. Thanks bitches.

by Anonymousreply 360June 30, 2021 4:26 AM

They must not have a lot of interesting footage if the Hamptons was stretched out over 5 episodes

by Anonymousreply 361June 30, 2021 4:39 AM

R360 Ramona ran away to her bedroom in a panic after unsuccessfully trying to make Eboni stop talking about the election. She even said she was going to leave her own apartment, and Eboni said "I'm not going to let you off that easily, Ramona."

Ramona eventually came back into the living room and curled up on her back in a "submissive dog" position while Eboni hugged her.

by Anonymousreply 362June 30, 2021 10:22 AM

Bershan seems like a much better fit than Leah and Eboni.

by Anonymousreply 363June 30, 2021 10:56 AM

Really interesting that Bravo cast a diversity educator at this time and then a few episodes later introduced another black woman who just wants to have fun.

What a mess. Eboni has either *really* overdone it or else she has been edited to have become tiresome quickly, but following her with another black woman who finds 'wokeness' to be a bother seems like a setup intentionally undermine what Eboni appears to have been brought on to do.

by Anonymousreply 364June 30, 2021 11:14 AM

Eboni is simply insufferable. We all know Ramona is a piece of work. However, when you are a guest in someone's home you don't repeatedly attempt to put them on the spot.

by Anonymousreply 365June 30, 2021 1:08 PM

[quote] what Eboni appears to have been brought on to do

Eboni was brought on to diversify the cast, not to lecture the cast on a weekly basis. Compare this to RHOBH where Garcelle and Crystal have occasionally discussed race with the other women when the subject has organically come up, but don't try to humiliate the other women every week or use every opportunity as a "teachable moment." I would love for Eboni to get dropped after this season, but Bravo will never do that because they know that Eboni will just accuse them of being racist. They have no one to blame but themselves (and their shitty casting) though.

by Anonymousreply 366June 30, 2021 1:26 PM

interesting that last night all of the other women, including Leah, said they were over Eboni’s history lessons. Watch for Bershan and Eboni to become major frenemies. Obviously at this point in filming everyone felt like they were stuck with boring Professor Eboni and decided to throw someone fun into the mix.

by Anonymousreply 367June 30, 2021 1:55 PM

In real life, my black friends are all more like Bershon than Eboni. And my white friends aren't super-woke, either. I just find it really irritating to be continually lectured by people who seen to assume I don't have their vast stores of knowledge, education, insight, and compassion. No, I have roughly the same information you do, and fully as much compassion, but I've drawn different conclusions. And I can live with that, but apparently you can't, because you keep trying to change me. It's fucking exhausting and annoying.

by Anonymousreply 368June 30, 2021 2:20 PM

Eboni seems like the vice president for diversity for RHONY. It's very strange. She's really acting like she was hired to teach an ignorant staff that has gotten its employer in trouble more than a cast member. Puzzling. At first I thought she was just making a point but now it seems to be her official charge.

by Anonymousreply 369June 30, 2021 5:36 PM

Well it is all scripted and this is Eboni's assigned role, and she is sticking to the script.

by Anonymousreply 370June 30, 2021 5:39 PM

Hello Gorgeous

by Anonymousreply 371June 30, 2021 6:15 PM

Handing out those cards (while Ramona was bitching about being starving!) was the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.

Zora Neale Hurston must be spinning in her grave from being linked to Sonja Morgan!!

by Anonymousreply 372June 30, 2021 6:22 PM

Eboni isn’t a housewife, she’s a Diversity Director.

by Anonymousreply 373July 1, 2021 12:23 AM

Eberni is tiresome, let’s fire her and keep BooShawn

by Anonymousreply 374July 1, 2021 6:10 AM

This show is so incredibly tedious now thanks to Eboni. The one bright spot, though, is that I've now taken to adding my own Eboni-esuqe commentary to every scene.

"Oh, are these stairs too steep for you, Lu? Well just imagine how steep the hills that I have to climb as a black woman are."

"Oh, you're feeling dizzy Ramona? Well just imagine how dizzying it is to be a black woman in this country today."

"Oh, you hired a consultant to help your daughter get into high school, Leah? Do you know how many black girls don't even get to finish high school because of the school to prison pipeline??"

by Anonymousreply 375July 1, 2021 2:42 PM

Eboni turning her nose up at Bershon spoke volumes about who she really is. #womensupportingwomen

by Anonymousreply 376July 1, 2021 2:52 PM

Eboni's hectoring is a real turn-off.

by Anonymousreply 377July 2, 2021 7:43 AM

During the pre-woke days of the show, the women felt free to say anything to each other; those days are gone. Now they get a lecture series from Her Royal Blackness. Talk about bringing the show to a screeching halt.

by Anonymousreply 378July 2, 2021 11:00 AM

When Ramona said she just wanted to have fun and not be serious for just a little while and forget about all the politics etc., Eboni's response was it must be nice to be able to do that as a white person because she can't take her skin off and hang it up. That's when Ramona lost it and went into her room and for once I didn't blame her. She tried a hundred different ways to ask Eboni to just chill and let loose so they could get to know each other and have a good time, but Eboni doesn't seem capable.

by Anonymousreply 379July 2, 2021 2:20 PM

Eboni was hired to provoke a racial confrontation with Ramona, which the producers wanted to be the feature " feud" of the season. She will continue to do this every chance she gets.

by Anonymousreply 380July 2, 2021 2:31 PM

R379 I admit that I am probably on the wrong side of what's right here, but as bizarre as that scene was and as much as it changed my opinion of Eboni for the worse, I also took joy from watching Ramona cornered like a rat and squirm for her life (or the life of her on-camera longevity) by being forced to address her political affiliations.

I have not forgotten what Trump is and what his evil clan did to this country. It was daily torment for all decent people. They killed people on the border without remorse and ultimately contributed to over a half million deaths from the pandemic. Trump has been formally accused of raping or sexually assaulting at least 25 women. And then there was the coup.

Ramona supports all of this to this day.

At the height of the pandemic, she went to Florida and went to parties maskless and was defiant about it.

She refused to discuss any of her MAGA allegiances or her dangerous anti-masker behaviors.

So far, only Eboni has confronted her and not let her run away. She did it with a smile on her face and with passive-aggressive civility, but she literally said "I'm not going to let you get away that easily, Ramona."

It was uncomfortable to watch and Eboni has really worn out her welcome at a record clip, but god, Ramona deserves this and worse and I am grateful to Eboni for giving me at least a semblance of catharsis about watching Nazi sympathizer, anti-science, anti-American Ramona Singer not be able to just run away from the reality of who she is.

Eboni's whole anti-racist MO means she has to confront Ramona. We know that Ramona is a Trump supporter, and certainly by the end of his regime, there's no denying that his supporters support race-based hatred, so the show she is putting on for the camera is not authentic at all. She may befriend Eboni or any other black person, but let's not forget that she supported a white supremacist administration that terrorized people of color and deployed all the hatred that brought about this racial polarization in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 381July 2, 2021 3:16 PM

R381: That is exactly why I Iike Eboni! Bravo knows who Ramona is and what she is about and brought Eboni on the show to confront her with it.

by Anonymousreply 382July 2, 2021 4:18 PM

Eboni needs to lose that ugly blue eye shadow!

by Anonymousreply 383July 2, 2021 5:55 PM

Fuck Ramona she is a total deplorable

by Anonymousreply 384July 2, 2021 7:18 PM

Ramona is a deplorable but she’s entitled to vote for and support any asshole she chooses. Instead of setting her up to make her look bad Bravo should just not invite her back. It’s much kinder.

by Anonymousreply 385July 2, 2021 7:23 PM

R385 She doesn't deserve kinder. She's vicious. Bethenny Frankel has said plenty of offensive things, but I'll never forget when she and Ramona were walking across a bridge, Bethenny was trying to resolve tension and Ramona said, "Who are your friends? You don't have any friends. You only have Jason and you'll probably mess that up, too."

And then Bethenny invited Ramona on her talk show and Ramona stole clothes from it!

She has an extremely cruel streak, and it's so cruel that people just say "oh, that's just Ramona."

I saw a video by a psychiatrist explaining malignant narcissism and she said that usually when someone is know to say cruel things that people aren't fazed, just dismiss it and say "oh, that's just _____," that person is usually a narcissist who hurts others routinely and should be avoided.

by Anonymousreply 386July 2, 2021 7:30 PM

Well said R386

by Anonymousreply 387July 2, 2021 8:10 PM

So I guess you are content sitting through the Eboni black lecture series every week in hopes that she catches Ramona in a weakened moment.

by Anonymousreply 388July 2, 2021 9:36 PM

Ramona fine (and she still didn’t call her out as a Trumper so it wasn’t worth the price of admission after all), but she doesn’t need to lecture everyone else ALL the time. And calling a person who wax actually angry “angry” doesn’t make one a racist (or micro aggressor).

by Anonymousreply 389July 2, 2021 11:31 PM

I knew Eboni was gonna be tiresome when she brought up Sag Harbor being the first town on Long Island not to stone black people on site.

by Anonymousreply 390July 2, 2021 11:32 PM

That's because of your WHITE FRAGILITY, R390.

by Anonymousreply 391July 3, 2021 2:13 AM

R390 Is a racist Devil!

by Anonymousreply 392July 3, 2021 3:52 AM

Leah's the reason we stopped watching. Pity. This show used to be fun.

by Anonymousreply 393July 3, 2021 5:04 AM

I am not watching the current season yet but I am this minute watching season 4 and, hand to god, Cindy Barshop looks EXACTLY like Carole in profile if carol put on 50 pounds. I wasn't really watching and looked up and was like, what the actual fuck is Carole fat?

by Anonymousreply 394July 3, 2021 5:23 AM

Wow, not a single post about last night's episode? Maybe because it was BORING A FUCK. Also, why the fuck did they go to Salem when it was well past Halloween? The whole thing was so manufactured and stupid. And of course Eboneezer, even after being told to lighten up (and having another black woman cast as a clear potential replacement), still can't let her lecturing go.

by Anonymousreply 395July 7, 2021 1:44 PM

DO YOU WANT ME TO APOLOGIZE FOR BEING WHITE!

by Anonymousreply 396July 7, 2021 2:07 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397July 7, 2021 2:09 PM

I'm not calling you a white supremacist. I'm just asking if you are on.

Right.

And I'm not calling Eboni a tedious race baiting troll. I'm just asking if she is one.

by Anonymousreply 398July 7, 2021 2:13 PM

Eboni’s mother voted for Trump!

by Anonymousreply 399July 7, 2021 5:17 PM

Ms. Black Lives Matter went on Charlamain the God's show and said she believed that a woman should keep a home for a man, that he should be king of the castle - aka subservient to a man.

by Anonymousreply 400July 7, 2021 5:19 PM

I really wish one of the franchises would do a whole season with the fourth wall blown out.

The women can be seen reviewing their scripts. Someone will ask which one is supposedly "planning a surprise trip for the girls," and instead just ask where the producers are sending them and how long they have to be gone because they need to schedule their surgeries around the trip. Instead of the usual manufactured dramas, viewers will be genuinely surprised to watch as all the women are cooperative and professional, don't care where they are being sent or what room they are assigned because the trip is just a business trip and they want those paychecks.

by Anonymousreply 401July 7, 2021 7:21 PM

Or how about we get to meet Ramon's "friend" who introduced her to Bershan, a Bravo casting director.

by Anonymousreply 402July 7, 2021 7:26 PM

Eboni’s Shit is getting old. Let it go.

by Anonymousreply 403July 7, 2021 7:43 PM

The show only works when the women click. This bunch doesn’t click. I don’t see how Bravo cannot bring Eboni back if there’s another season after this debacle but, if they do, I hope Lu and Ramona quit. Sonja will stick around for the paycheck.

by Anonymousreply 404July 7, 2021 8:03 PM

LuAnn and Ramona quitting!? Ha! What on earth makes you think they would do that, R404? Because of some kind of assumed integrity about the show? They'd be giving up paychecks and notoriety—literally the only thing LuAnn lives for and one of the primary things Ramona lives for. LuAnn would probably murder her daughter onscreen to avoid being kicked off the show if that's what it took, even if the show were nothing but Eboni reading Maya Angelous and Toni Morrison books to LuAnn for an hour a week.

by Anonymousreply 405July 7, 2021 8:23 PM

When the producers realized Eboni was tanking they brought in Bershon who can make her point without preaching. It’s obvious that Eboni thinks Bershon is beneath her and there’s bound to be conflict.

by Anonymousreply 406July 7, 2021 10:39 PM

The focus is on the younger women because Bravo wants the show to thrive without the old women. If the younger ones click, then it's adios to Ramona, LuAnn, and Sonja. It's obvious that the cast is uncomfortable with each other and that Eboni is the intimidating factor, in that none of the women want to be canceled by the SJW crowd for seeming racist. The cunt Leah is taking advantage of the older women's reticence and is trying to take over the show and make it all about her. If producers see it working in the slightest, then the change will be made and the older ones will " resign to pursue other endeavors." The solution is for people to tune out and let the new "woke" show tank.

by Anonymousreply 407July 7, 2021 11:07 PM

You just know LuMann is probably the most racist one of them. I mean Ramona is a horrible human being but she's an opportunist and an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 408July 7, 2021 11:23 PM

I think they had Eboni play her hand too soon. If they’d had her just doing the usual superficial HW shit for a little while before she started lecturing, it might have gone down a bit easier. I do still like her though, but I even agree with those NY harridans…let’s give it a rest for a hot minute.

by Anonymousreply 409July 8, 2021 12:53 AM

The most racist person on the show is Eboni.

by Anonymousreply 410July 8, 2021 2:15 AM

I wanna slap Eboni on the face viciously when she is preaching. She is no doubt a race baiting troll. I am not even white and I HATE her. She ruins the show

by Anonymousreply 411July 8, 2021 7:49 AM

Jesus , Eboni is tedious.

Brian Moylan wrote in one of his Vulture recaps that viewers would perhaps care more about Eboni’s conversations about race if she showed us more of her life and behaved more like a real housewife and less like a hectoring schoolmarm.

Here is her multi-paragraph rebuttal, about a recap of the stupid show she’s on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412July 8, 2021 1:45 PM

The recap that led her to write that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413July 8, 2021 1:45 PM

Leah and Eboni have hijacked the show. Bravo had better do some major retooling if they bring it back for another season.

by Anonymousreply 414July 8, 2021 1:46 PM

It's pretty clear that Bravo is stuck with Eboni. If they cut her loose from RHONY she'll just go on a media blitz about how racist they are. Their only options are to give her her own show where she'll hopefully be less annoying or just cancel RHONY entirely.

by Anonymousreply 415July 8, 2021 1:51 PM

I skimmed Eboni's response. Frankly, the fact that she took this much time to respond to a fucking Vulture recap just demonstrates how incredibly tedious she is. But also:

[quote] I’d like to point out that throughout the eight episodes of my premiere season you have gotten to see that I am grieving the loss of my dying grandmother Katie, you’ve gotten to know that I’m starting a journey of a lifetime in trying to discover the identity of my father for the first time in my entire life. And you got to know the fact that I ended a long-term relationship and engagement in the middle of a global pandemic, and that I’m still on a quest to find love and family. You’ve also gotten to know quite a bit about my prolific career as an attorney and journalist. So to suggest that you know nothing else about me might suggest you’re simply not paying attention.

Um, being able to rattle off a list of random facts about someone does not constitute having gotten to know them. If Eboni had actually talked in depth about any of those things, she might be interesting and sympathetic. But, frankly, I barely remember half of those things because Eboni has only mentioned them in passing. If they cut out her constant lecturing on race, Eboni would have only gotten about 30 seconds of screen time over those eight episodes.

by Anonymousreply 416July 8, 2021 2:11 PM

She's exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 417July 8, 2021 2:24 PM

Even if she didn't talk non-stop about race, the fact that she referred to her own career as "prolific" tells you all you need to know about how exhausting she is.

by Anonymousreply 418July 8, 2021 2:39 PM

Despite the fact that Eboni has a law degree, she is a self-mythologizing, gold-digging stunt queen with bad credit and what seems to be an allergy to holding down an actual job - is it any wonder she vibes so well with Sonja?

If she were on Potomac, this would have been clocked by the likes of Gizelle and Karen, but it’s obvious that the RHONY gals aren’t going to say boo to her - and this has killed the all’s-fair parrying and thrusting that made RHONY one of the most dynamic and enjoyable franchises.

by Anonymousreply 419July 8, 2021 3:46 PM

[quote] Despite the fact that Eboni has a law degree, she is a self-mythologizing, gold-digging stunt queen with bad credit and what seems to be an allergy to holding down an actual job

Despite?

Remember that Kellyanne Conway and Keyleigh McEnany have law degrees, too, from GWU and Harvard. Both are 'media personalities' and con artists. Since when do we think of most lawyers as better than that?

by Anonymousreply 420July 8, 2021 3:49 PM

I agree that Eboni sounds like a broken record at times but also believe that she thinks she would be insincere if she didn’t bring it up. Notice the difference when she’s with Sonja and they are comfortable together. Sonja wasn’t defensive and they were able to move on.

by Anonymousreply 421July 8, 2021 3:50 PM

Eboni never attacked Sonja the way she attacks Ramona, which is the only reason she was hired.

by Anonymousreply 422July 8, 2021 4:47 PM

Just don't watch the show anymore and show the producers that you object to the "new direction" they have decided to pursue. R 19 is absolutely correct. One of the best features of RHONY was the ability to have the women give and take, to be comfortable enough telling each other to " Go to hell," or getting into inane arguments. Now, the OGs have been silenced, worried that they are going to get lectured by Miss Blackness or uncontrollably screamed at by her psychotic ally, and ultimately, fired for some violation of SJW sensibility. Don't watch the show; I've stopped.

by Anonymousreply 423July 8, 2021 4:54 PM

R413 can you post Moylan's review here. It's paywalled for me. Good GAWD, Eboni's wokefest screed of excess verbiage is hard to swallow. She's crammed every annoying bratty cliche in there. Can someone tell me what "codeswitching" is? Jesus Christ. I hope someone comes out with something embarrassing to take her down a notch or two.

by Anonymousreply 424July 8, 2021 5:59 PM

Here you go r424 (1/2):

OVERNIGHTS JUNE 29, 2021 The Real Housewives of New York City Recap: Harlem Shook

Eboni brought all of the girls to Harlem and it is one of the most boring episodes of Real Housewives of New York City in modern memory. I mean, this thing was like watching Cindy Barshop on a powerful edible, just lying on the couch snoring and not even giving us a flash of vajazzle to vajazzle things up.

This is hard, because what Eboni is doing is very important. As John Oliver said, “I think she’s doing a great job and I think trying to teach those particular women about the Black experience in America is a thankless task.” He is absolutely correct, but Eboni needs to be about a little bit more, or at least go about it a little bit differently. I loved that she gave the women candles from the Harlem Candle Company to match their personalities. As Eboni says, her love language is gifts, and there is not a Real Housewife who will turn down a gift. This was a little meaningful thing that hopefully they could read about when they get home and educate themselves more about the neighborhood and the Black excellence that it has always embodied.

However, she lost me at telling each of the women who they were assigned at dinner. Each of them had a pamphlet sitting on their plates about a figure of the Harlem Renaissance — Zora Neale Hurston, W.E.B. Du Bois, James Baldwin — but then in addition to that she went around telling the women about each of these people, and they all quickly lost focus and said that they felt like they were in school. I think what Eboni is attempting here is great, she is definitely trying to broaden these women’s horizons, but why not make it more into a game? She should know that these ladies love nothing more than talking about themselves, so why not have each of them act out the person on their plates? Or maybe just say, “I prepared a little pamphlet about each person, I hope you enjoy reading about them,” and then they could either choose to accept this homework assignment or feed it to Coco, the oldest living dog in New York.

Even brand new friend-of Bershan Shaw isn’t really having it. She is a new “friend” of Ramona’s, and she says they were introduced a few months ago by mutual friends. Do those mutual friends also happen to be producers on a certain reality television program, because I have an idea that they didn’t meet by happenstance in the Hamptons. I mean, we’ve seen Ramona’s friends and they look like the models for the Madeleine Albright Brooch Collection Catalogue. Bershan says at dinner that she thinks that all people, white, Black, Asian, etc., are “all the same.” Eboni is like, “Um, no, sis, we’re not,” and says that she feels like her message is being undermined a bit. I don’t disagree with her. We learned from Crystal Kung Minkoff why saying “I don’t see color” is outdated, and I think that point totally applies to what Bershan has to say as well.

The problem for Eboni, though, is she can’t seem to get out of her schoolmarm role. The most interesting thing she says all episode is at her lunch with Leah (who’s dressed like the bratty ’90s teen that she will always be). She says that after the deaths of George Floyd and Breonna Taylor, she didn’t want to be the “Black teacher” anymore. I took this to mean she almost dropped out of filming the show because she thought it would be too much work and she would receive too much backlash for trying to bring race onto a meringue confection of a show like RHONY. Yeah, it might be a meringue dessert, but, girl, she is an Eton Mess. (Sorry, that was an English-people joke.)

by Anonymousreply 425July 8, 2021 6:30 PM

2/2

Leah tells Eboni that she doesn’t want her to feel like it’s her job, but it is her job. That is what Bravo brought her on to do, which is be a shield for their lily-white casts. But we also want her to be a Housewife. That doesn’t mean fighting and drama and yelling, but it means opening up about her life. It’s great that she can teach us about the Black experience in America, but I also want her to teach us about her. When we care about her, we will care more about the offensive things that happen to her. Leah instructs Eboni to “just chill” a little bit more, but Eboni thinks, “If not me, then who?” Eboni. I love you. I think you are a great addition to the show. But if you think that you are going to change Ramona Singer, the Karen of Karens, then you are sadly mistaken. She has less change than a credit-only restaurant.

This all comes to a head when Eboni goes over to Ramona’s house a few days after the election, but before it was decided. She and Ramona are trying to go from castmates to friends and, while everything that Eboni says is true, I can also see Ramona’s point. (Oh, Catholic Jesus Jugs. Take me out behind a Gray’s Papaya and end it now because I am defending Ramona Singer.) Eboni brings up the election, and Ramona says, “I don’t want to talk about politics.” Eboni presses her and Ramona demures again.

Ramona is not stupid, she knows this seems like a setup, and she also knows that she has the cast of Fox & Friends in her guest room waiting to jump out with balloons and scream, “SURPRISE!” as soon as the topic comes up. Still Eboni pushes the topic and says she is glad to see Kamala Harris as VP. She tells us in confessional she thought that as women she and Ramona could find common ground over a woman advancing. I think Eboni is right, they don’t need to agree on politics to be friends, but they do need to agree on values. So why not talk to Ramona about her faith or about her daughter or about her business? I’m sure that Eboni would have all sorts of ways to agree with her about these topics. And if any of those fail, she can also go to Ramona’s standard fallback, which is hating on The Countess.

It’s hard because Eboni makes a very valid point that is as applicable to Ramona as it is to all of us who think we may not want politics in our Housewives. When Ramona says she doesn’t want to talk politics and just “wants to escape for 24 hours,” Eboni says she can’t. She’s right. As a Black woman in America, she can’t just escape for even 24 minutes. She is always under attack, always under suspicion, always under oppression. She doesn’t need to listen to Ramona badly explain microaggressions, but she is dutifully sitting there trying not to rock the boat too much so that she can have this platform to talk to all of us about race. We want to just have fun and have our show be about falling down drunk and watching Tinsley Mortimer cry in a circus outfit. Eboni can’t do that because she feels like she can’t let this opportunity go to waste.

And she is doing a great job, but it’s going to backfire if she can’t draw the women in more closely. Even Sonja Tremont Morgan of the Upper East Side Candle Company Morgans, who apparently got her master’s degree in racial studies while trapped at a spa during COVID, thinks that Eboni needs to chill out and talk about some other things. But maybe as white people we’re all wrong. Maybe she should stick to this topic. I don’t know. Like Eboni said, I’m just trying to not do the wrong thing here. I’m just trying to be supportive of her efforts, but I also know that if, like at the dinner, this show gets boring, her platform is going to evaporate faster than boob sweat in the freezer aisle.

THERE IS A THIRD PART …continued below

by Anonymousreply 426July 8, 2021 6:32 PM

Final part of the Moylan recap

However, Eboni does an amazing job turning the conversation around. She goes from Ramona throwing her out of her house (the second time this has happened to the only cast member of color all year) to castigating Ramona for not knowing the name of C.J. Walker to then getting Ramona laughing and hugging her on the couch. Eboni just stayed calm, wouldn’t let Ramona upset her, and drew everyone in a little bit closer. Maybe she is the woman we need? Maybe a certain redhead, sitting outside Ramona’s apartment in a black Suburban, waiting to run over Eboni so she can take her place, should just relax. Maybe Jill Zarin, like all of us, needs to give Eboni a little bit more time to work her magic. Maybe, unlike Jill’s, Eboni’s master plan will finally come together.

by Anonymousreply 427July 8, 2021 6:33 PM

Thanks for that R425. Kisses.

by Anonymousreply 428July 8, 2021 8:23 PM

What a steaming bunch of horseshit. Fuck Eboni and fuck Leah.

by Anonymousreply 429July 8, 2021 11:09 PM

Moylan was extremely generous towards Eboni in that recap. It speaks volumes that she reacted to his virtual love letter the way she did.

by Anonymousreply 430July 9, 2021 5:51 AM

R345 Well yeah, addiction doesn’t get “better” if she doesn’t QUIT. I’m sure she’s trying to spin herself as better but the shit is progressive. I remember her chewing on that leg of lamb drunk out of her mind or spitting at Luann, attacking her at the door, “it was four hundred dollars!”

by Anonymousreply 431July 9, 2021 7:24 AM

Besides Eboni and Leah, I think COVID has harmed this franchise more than the other cities, primarily because the action on this show has usually happened indoor at bars and restaurants..

These women are horny cougars on the prowl, and the fun for the past several seasons has been watching them chase dick at a UES bar or on vacation, for example, not sitting at a dinner party at one of their homes.

The Blue Stone Manor episodes were the exception, and that’s what made them fun-they were trapped in this bizarre huge house with a drunk hostess.

The show is also taped in the fall/winter in New York, so it’s harder to have a party in the garden at Sonja’s dumpy house (that house is probably not suitable for indoor shooting with the entire cast anymore) or LuAnn’s Sag Harbor home, which is a nice house but feels cramped when the entire cast plus the crew are inside.

The only housewife with a house large enough to host the entire cast is Ramona, and she’s a shitty host who probably drives production nuts when they’re taping at her house, and her home is bland.

In contrast , in Beverly Hills for example you see the women in large homes with a husband and staff, and the show is able to use the backyards or gardens of these spectacular homes to host the women because of the better weather .

Maybe the show would have worked better if they had waited to shoot until the weather improved and the outdoor dining restrictions had relaxed.

by Anonymousreply 432July 9, 2021 2:56 PM

Well, I'm sorry you don't think my home is big enough, R432. You obviously think I live in the ghetto. I know you didn't say that, but , as a black woman,I know what you meant. And I'm not gonna let you off the hook here because you need to sit in your discomfort, okay?

by Anonymousreply 433July 9, 2021 3:34 PM

That was a MICROAGRESSION, R432

by Anonymousreply 434July 10, 2021 3:24 AM

Cancel Eberoni

by Anonymousreply 435July 11, 2021 6:07 AM

Do we believe this . Radar is the website all housewives use to trash their castmates so this could be coming from one of them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436July 13, 2021 12:35 AM

R436 They’re committed to killing this show, aren’t they?

by Anonymousreply 437July 13, 2021 12:38 AM

If this is what viewers want, why are the ratings so low?

by Anonymousreply 438July 13, 2021 12:39 AM

Leah, her sister, Eboni, and their friends will be the new cast next year.

by Anonymousreply 439July 13, 2021 12:44 AM

Ramona has been with the show since day one. So when the ratings slid this season, naturally they blamed her rather than the new cast additions.

Huh?

by Anonymousreply 440July 13, 2021 12:47 AM

Ratings tanking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441July 13, 2021 12:48 AM

The argument is that people don't want to see old white women getting drunk. Well, that's precisely why most people watch. The Woke Housewives of New York doesn't interest anyone.

by Anonymousreply 442July 13, 2021 12:55 AM

It's obvious to me that the low ratings are a reflection of the dire need to educate people in this country about their racist notions.

by Anonymousreply 443July 13, 2021 1:55 AM

I can believe the producers have it out for Ramona the way they've sicked Eboni on her like a hungry attack dog. She's on a quasi-gay network and she's a Trumpster and an anti-masker. I don't have any sympathy for her; she has gotten very rich off the network for over a decade. My question is why the producers kept her on throughout the Trump presidency and kept her MAGA values hidden from public view for the four years when he and his followers were killing the United States. Too little, too late, Bravo.

Bravo is NBC, and NBC to me is the network that:

—Killed Ronan Farrow's Harvey Weinstein exposé on the false grounds that he didn't have any sound evidence. Weinstein was convicted in a court of law on that evidence.

—Protected Matt Lauer when he was accused by a coworker of ass raping her in a hotel during the Olympics.

—Scheduling a Trump town hall to compete with Biden's town hall, already scheduled on another network, after Biden's most recent town hall boosted his approval ratings sharply and knowing that Trump always steals viewers against anything he is programmed against. They tried to take the wind out of Biden's sails. It backfired, and Savannah Guthrie got kudos for being harsh to Trump, but that doesn't redeem what NBC did. They knew when Biden was scheduled and specifically chose to counterprogram Trump against him to steal viewers when they could have chosen literally any other time.

Fuck NBC.

by Anonymousreply 444July 13, 2021 10:24 AM

Sonja's hawking "my 24-k gold body oil" via her Twitter stories.

These people will sell any kind of Shark Tank type of disposable anything made-in-China crap to make a buck.

by Anonymousreply 445July 13, 2021 10:27 AM

They should meld this show with "In the Heights" - move filming uptown, hire some young men of color to romance the old white women, sing to them, etc.

by Anonymousreply 446July 13, 2021 11:21 AM

R444, way to being in totally irrelevant info.

by Anonymousreply 447July 13, 2021 11:29 AM

Bravo should do a new show called The Other Half about how "the other half" in the Lower East Side lives. The RHONY women should be forced to spend a season living in slums, with the women from those apartments transplanted to the normal cast members' apartments in the UES, UWS and the Hamptons.

Most of the women would do it for the fame and money, and Ramona and possibly LuAnn would probably quit on their own rather than having to be fired.

It's a good idea, Bravo, but if you steal it without giving me proper compensation for the intellectual property, I will sue the fuck out of you. :)

by Anonymousreply 448July 13, 2021 11:40 AM

I would actually watch that R448. They could call it "Fish Outta Water."

by Anonymousreply 449July 13, 2021 11:43 AM

R449

Episode 1:

Leah: Man, this is awesome! You girls are going to find out how the 99 percent live! Life's not easy for everyone! I'm excited about this!

LuAnn: I realize the man out front was homeless, but he was just lying there. He could have at least opened the door for us. I WOULD tip him at Christmas, after all.

Sonja: Look, a rat! This place reminds me of home!

Ramona: I want the room with the view of Central Park. Where are the servants? I'm not comfortable with my bags sitting out front in this neighborhood.

Episode 6:

Leah: OK, this SUCKS. I thought this would be like glamping but it's gotten old REAL quick. And what the fuck is with the Lower East Side Harm Reduction Center limiting clean needles to 25 a day? A girl on meth has needs. I need a drink. Where's Lu?

Sonja: She's out front in a stupor singing to the homeless guy.

Leah: Is that guy ever conscious?

Sonja: No, but Lu doesn't care as long as she has an audience. Plus, she can have a tipple from his bottle without him noticing! I can't believe Sonja quit the show.

Leah: What a pussy!

Sonja: We would use a pussy around here to help with the mouse infestation!

Leah: They're RATS, Sone. Most of them are bigger than cats.

Sonja: Potato, puttahto. A rat's still small enough to cook in a toaster oven, believe you me! The trick is catching them...

by Anonymousreply 450July 13, 2021 12:10 PM

R450, you forgot the reaction of Miss Professional Black Person.

by Anonymousreply 451July 13, 2021 1:06 PM

Give Eboni and Leah a spin-off and bring back Dorinda and B. Obviously Eboni can’t be fired and she would probably love having her own show.

by Anonymousreply 452July 13, 2021 2:01 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453July 13, 2021 10:51 PM

I don’t think Eboni is in danger; people are tripping over themselves on Reddit and other outlets to pin the blame on someone else.

Leah, on the other hand, seems universally hated.

My guess is she goes and they bring back a former housewife and add one of Eboni’s friends next year .

by Anonymousreply 454July 13, 2021 11:01 PM

Get rid of Leah. She's mentally ill and, even drunk, she's not entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 455July 13, 2021 11:23 PM

Bershan drove it right over the edge tonight.

by Anonymousreply 456July 14, 2021 2:13 AM

On WWHL, they're doing a comparison of who wore what best. Luann's white power suit or Ramona's white power suit? Eboni immediately pops up with "White Power?!!" LOFL

by Anonymousreply 457July 14, 2021 2:15 AM

What a contrived, fake feud tonight. Could it have been scripted any worse? Not one tear from the two new assholes who lost grandmothers." Pretend to cry on this word. Ready, say the word. Fake cry." Bershan, say something benign. LuAnn and Sonja, immediately over react. Everybody leave after the screaming match and play lovey-dovey to conclude the episode. Cue the preview with a physical fight, hoping someone will watch next week. So fake.

by Anonymousreply 458July 14, 2021 2:33 AM

Bershan was clearly instructed to turn up the volume tonite. Fake fake fake. But it looks like they’re trying to get back on track by featuring drunk azz Sonja and Ramona’s shit on the floor. Too little too late.

by Anonymousreply 459July 14, 2021 2:43 AM

Does Ramona take it the backside so often that she now can’t control her bowels?

I really didn’t need to see her old lady shit on the floor.

by Anonymousreply 460July 14, 2021 3:00 AM

Sonja put the townhouse back on the market.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461July 14, 2021 5:03 AM

Sonja’s townhouse is next to a parking garage. I’ve walked by it many times. Nothing special.

by Anonymousreply 462July 14, 2021 5:51 AM

“Owned and renovated by Mrs. John Adams Morgan” — this ad is like a parody. And wasn’t it on the market for $10 million the last time?

by Anonymousreply 463July 14, 2021 11:13 AM

Can you imagine Mr. John Adams Morgan's family recoiling in horror when he brought this tacky waitress home to introduce her to his blueblood relations? And then to have to spend a decade watching her incoherent drunkenness on RHONY while wearing the "Morgan" crest on her bedroom slippers. Horrifying, and there's not a thing they can do about it.

by Anonymousreply 464July 14, 2021 12:00 PM

This show has become unwatchable

by Anonymousreply 465July 14, 2021 1:07 PM

Sonja's daughter Quincy frolics with friends on her father's private island off the coast of Connecticut. Quincy recently opened up her Instagram page to the public where she imitates some of her mother's poses. Morgan has had the island on the market for ten years without a seller. Must run in the family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466July 14, 2021 1:34 PM

**without a buyer**

by Anonymousreply 467July 14, 2021 1:35 PM

If Eboni wasn't so focused on being an "educator" she'd be a good addition to the show. She's 9comparatively) young and sexy. We haven't seen much of her life and I get the feeling she doesn't have the assets of someone like Ramona but if she settles in and has fun with the girls without being so touchy about racial issues, I think she's cool. On WWHL last night Andy asked Isaac Mizrahi which franchise has the worst dressed women and he immediately responded with "Potomac, I'm sorry." Eboni sat there looking like she'd swallowed a peach pit and was trying to keep it down.

by Anonymousreply 468July 14, 2021 1:43 PM

Bershan is a loose cannon and just what the show needs right now. There was a lot of fake screaming in last nights episode but at least I didn’t fall asleep.

by Anonymousreply 469July 14, 2021 2:18 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470July 14, 2021 7:20 PM

Aviva Drescher should return to throw her leg at all these narcissists.

by Anonymousreply 471July 14, 2021 7:33 PM

They're referring directly to Eboni without saying her name. If you look at the recaps all over the Internet, many of them are sympathetic to Eboni's position as the first black NY housewife but the comments under those postings are very anti-Eboni for the exact reasons stated by the Bravo insider -- the lecturing on race and finger-pointing at the other housewives for saying things like "The Help" which trigger Eboni. These comments are what Bravo is looking at and they're piling up week after week, and some of them are from people of color who just want to watch these women make fools of themselves. This is a warning. They can't demote Eboni to "a friend of" because she doesn't really have any friends except Leah, and even Leah has acknowledged Eboni's "teachable moments" aren't the way to go. I wish Eboni would lighten up but since the season has already filmed it sounds like Bravo is telegraphing that she doesn't change and may be on the block.

by Anonymousreply 472July 14, 2021 7:49 PM

The producers need to be careful and remember what just happened on RHOC. A large-ish faction of very online fans decided that Vicki and Tamra needed to get fired because they were “toxic and had no storylines anymore” and so producers listened and decided to try to refresh the show and anchor it around Kelly Dodd and Braunwyn. And then when Kelly added COVID-denial to her regularly scheduled bellicose trolling and Braunwyn quickly proved herself to be an out-and-out sociopath, the fans hated them even more and now producers are having to start all over again after firing them.

by Anonymousreply 473July 14, 2021 7:51 PM

Curious to see if editors tinker with the remaining episodes and take out some of Eboni’s rants and give us more old bitches shitting on the floor.

by Anonymousreply 474July 14, 2021 8:54 PM

Now that drunk Sonja has put her townhouse on the market at a lower price, where will she live after she sells this? Will she be like the Countess, who rents her home and crashes with friends?

by Anonymousreply 475July 14, 2021 8:59 PM

It’s going to take them several months to figure out how to drop Eboni. Good luck. Bravo has created a monster

by Anonymousreply 476July 15, 2021 4:23 AM

Reunion canceled in Aug because Ramona won't show up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477July 15, 2021 11:52 AM

Eboni: "I'm not trying to change anyone's minds."

Also Eboni: "Now it's time for our weekly black history lesson and your reminder that you're all white supremacists."

by Anonymousreply 478July 15, 2021 2:12 PM

I want to punch Leah in the face when she starts her fake sobbing. Doesn't anyone notice that tears never come out of her eyes when she has a crying fit?

by Anonymousreply 479July 15, 2021 2:14 PM

Good for Ramona. Fuck them. They set her up and it backfired. The show is done. They might as well just cancel it.

by Anonymousreply 480July 15, 2021 2:36 PM

Golly, what a loss if Ramona gets fired. No more close-up shots of her shit on the bathroom floor.

by Anonymousreply 481July 15, 2021 2:47 PM

Salem looks like the most goddamn boring place to vacation at.

by Anonymousreply 482July 15, 2021 2:50 PM

They should have visited Treblinka or Auschwitz.

by Anonymousreply 483July 16, 2021 12:00 AM

R483 I'll be planning a trip to the Georgia plantations for the girls, where we'll spend the night in an actual slave's cabin.

by Anonymousreply 484July 16, 2021 1:00 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485July 16, 2021 1:33 AM

Fire Eboni's ass.

by Anonymousreply 486July 16, 2021 1:39 AM

Thank god for Bershan! Fire Ebonis ass even Carole was more exciting.

by Anonymousreply 487July 16, 2021 1:41 AM

I think Bershan used to be a linebacker for the Giants.

by Anonymousreply 488July 16, 2021 1:42 AM

She wants back. And she’s going to be even more insufferable than when she came back last time.

Unfortunately RHONY doesn’t seem to work as well when she’s not in the cast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489July 16, 2021 3:48 AM

If she returns, it will be an admission that she cannot be successful on tv outside the show. Big defeat for her. Hope she's woke enough for the new cast.

by Anonymousreply 490July 16, 2021 4:13 AM

We all know this shit is scripted. It’s just hilarious that the dumb Bitch Leah is such a shitty actress. Bravo has mastered the art of tearless crying.

by Anonymousreply 491July 16, 2021 11:46 AM

I thought Leah was joking when she started with the crying

by Anonymousreply 492July 16, 2021 2:26 PM

For her fake tears and badly acted scene, Leah should be up for an Emmy. " And the Emmy for Best Performance by an Insincere Cunt" goes to...........Leah McSweeney!

by Anonymousreply 493July 16, 2021 2:51 PM

I can't believe Ramona shit on the floor again...she needs depends stat

by Anonymousreply 494July 16, 2021 6:12 PM

Good for Ramona. Fuck you Bravo if you are getting rid of me, why would I show up to a reunion. Have it without me. Maloof and Vanderpump did it.

by Anonymousreply 495July 16, 2021 6:30 PM

Attention white people: You've been put on notice.

Shortly after, Eboni posted a photo with Crystal and took aim at "deranged bigots" who are "just mad AF that their days of dominance are coming to an end."

She tagged Bravo, and among the hashtags she used was "#TimesUpOnWhiteSupremacy."

Though Williams' post was a shoutout to Minkoff, fans feel it was also a message to Singer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496July 16, 2021 9:00 PM

Eboni is the worst Real Housewife ever.

by Anonymousreply 497July 16, 2021 9:43 PM

Crystal and Garcelle managed to get their points in an organic manner, while still maintaining the ludicrous tone of these shows. They understand they are on a reality show about rich women having silly fights. In contrast, Eboni is coming across as lecturing and having nothing to offer but these discussions on race.

If Eboni had approached Ramona and LuAnn the way Garcelle approached Kyle about the auction payment, or the way Crystal brought up the time her father was a victim of AAPI violence, she probably would have educated more people. Instead she’s repelling the audience.

And New York has always been the lightest and most frivolous show in the Housewives franchise, for 7 seasons it has been about a group of wealthy divorcees on the prowl for a new husband in the UES. So these discussions are jarring in tone.

On the first few episodes I was looking forward to Eboni being on the show. But she has hijacked it with Leah. And why isn’t she going after Leah for her bizarre fight with Michael Che?

by Anonymousreply 498July 16, 2021 10:04 PM

I don't think Eboni has any intention of staying on the show more than a couple of years; she wants her own show. When she leaves, she will blame racism and will get a lot of subsequent publicity. She doesn't want to share the spotlight with anyone.

by Anonymousreply 499July 16, 2021 10:49 PM

Eboni's a drag, and Leah's a drip.

by Anonymousreply 500July 16, 2021 10:55 PM

So it turns out Eboni was going after Crystal's troll and not Ramona. Radar says Ramona's going to be fired. A show "insider" says she ain't going anywhere. Which is it?

Eboni would be more interesting if she had money, houses, all that stuff people like RHONY for. But she's broke.

by Anonymousreply 501July 17, 2021 12:38 AM

I hate Ramona but she’s great for tv

by Anonymousreply 502July 17, 2021 12:40 AM

Firing Ramona would cost them a lot of viewers. This season proved that hardcore viewers do not want a younger cast.

by Anonymousreply 503July 17, 2021 2:04 AM

"Go woke, go broke."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504July 17, 2021 2:56 AM

It’s pathetic RHONY went out of their way to hire an annoying condescending black woman and not just someone who’s messy and would actually fit in and make tv. Bershan is good so far and if they were making a point of hiring a non white woman they should have just hired her.

by Anonymousreply 505July 17, 2021 3:36 AM

They wanted to exploit the whole BLM movement and the Floyd impetus to look as if they are "woke" in order to attract a younger audience. However, the younger audience doesn't watch Housewives shows as much as the middle-aged woman and gay men, so they severely miscalculated with Leah and Eboni. People are just sick and tired about making everything about race. Bravo wasn't listening, but took the bandwagon approach. They are solely responsible for the sad state of affairs.

by Anonymousreply 506July 17, 2021 3:48 AM

Tonite’s episode wasn’t horrible. I swear they’re editing Eboni out as the season progresses.

by Anonymousreply 507July 21, 2021 3:25 AM

No, they're just editing out the lectures. and trying to soften up Leah.

by Anonymousreply 508July 21, 2021 12:45 PM

r508 I love Leah lecturing Sonja about her drinking - when Leah drinks she goes BALLISTIC.

by Anonymousreply 509July 21, 2021 1:01 PM

No, it's not Leah's drinking that made her go ballistic. It was her concern for her grandmother. Now that she'd dead, you are going to see a veritable Maria von Trapp.

by Anonymousreply 510July 21, 2021 1:37 PM

MARY me all you want but I got a little choked up during Ramona and Sonja’s psychic readings. They both had miserable, abusive childhoods which I can definitely relate to. I’m the same age as Ramona and her reaction to hearing from her brother reminded me that no matter how old you get that childhood pain is always there.

by Anonymousreply 511July 21, 2021 2:10 PM

The show needs an entire recast.

by Anonymousreply 512July 21, 2021 3:15 PM

At least Eboni's screen time was minimal this week and we weren't forced to sit through a "The More You Know" episode.

by Anonymousreply 513July 21, 2021 4:09 PM

When she's not drugged up, chasing dick or drunk, Luann has nothing to offer reality tv.

by Anonymousreply 514July 21, 2021 6:30 PM

LuAnn has been forgotten this year.

by Anonymousreply 515July 21, 2021 7:29 PM

No cabarets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516July 21, 2021 7:46 PM

Lu needs Dorinda or B to play off of. All she can do with the rest is roll her eyes.

by Anonymousreply 517July 21, 2021 9:41 PM

Next season Bravo should throw a curveball and recast the whole group with Asians and Latinas.

by Anonymousreply 518July 21, 2021 9:46 PM

How many times did Lu have to say - "you know, I was arrested for much less"?? Uh, wtf - I'm pretty sure assaulting a police officer is a more dire offense than breaking some glass. Also, the narcissist always has to bring it right back to herself.

by Anonymousreply 519July 21, 2021 9:52 PM

Luann’s always going to be a pompous self-regarding jackass a good portion of the time, but I think out of all the old girls, she has had the biggest arc over the years - and for what’s it worth, I don’t think you’d ever see any of the other RHONY cast offering their child and unqualified on-camera apology for failing as a mother. I’m just not sure she has much left in the tank when it comes to her own storylines anymore - and she’s not as naturally dynamic as Ramona or Sonja, especially now that she’s sober. If RHONY comes back next season, I think it would be nice if Luann got a few episode “retirement” plot line like Tinsley did last season, given that she really carried the show for a good 4-5 years when it was at it’s peak.

by Anonymousreply 520July 21, 2021 10:07 PM

Is this a “fuck off, stop asking, I’m not coming back” or “I might come back but you’ll pay me big bucks?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521July 22, 2021 12:44 AM

They just need to let Sonja drink herself to death. It’s the only way. Bershan is a revelation.

by Anonymousreply 522July 22, 2021 2:28 AM

Agree r528 I’d love to see an entire Boricua cast next year.

by Anonymousreply 523July 22, 2021 2:32 AM

OGs might be shown the door. Leah and Eboni appear safe. Tinsley may be back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524July 23, 2021 1:39 AM

Fans will be following them out the door and the ratings will sink even lower. Unless all of those Eboni and Leah fans tune in. All three of them.

by Anonymousreply 525July 23, 2021 1:54 AM

I am a fellow drunk, and would love to hang out with Sonja. This is the real issue with alcoholics. You love other alcoholics.

by Anonymousreply 526July 23, 2021 2:01 AM

I think they should just announce the show is canceled and start a new show The Real Housewives of Brooklyn with an all new cast.

by Anonymousreply 527July 23, 2021 2:13 AM

We're from Brooklyn. We'll come back.

by Anonymousreply 528July 23, 2021 2:27 AM

No, young people! They keep bringing back the same stale crew. Salt Lake showed how you can build a show around an all new cast. To keep bringing back unpopular cast members is a terrible business decision.

Ramona, Sonja, LuAnn, Ebony and Leah should all be fired.

by Anonymousreply 529July 23, 2021 2:32 AM

Bravo has made a conscious decision to change the franchise to feature a much younger demographic, believing that the older ones have played out their storylines, and that all that there is left is to see endless episodes of getting drunk and fighting. They brought in Tinsley and a number of younger women, all of whom never worked out, since the older women dominated them. Now, Leah and Eboni were cast because they are strong and able to withstand the wrath of the older ones. Their storylines are not played out. Look for a new cast, headed by Leah and Eboni, and at the most, occasional cameos by the others ( the new cast goes to LuAnn's cabaret). Many veteran viewers will tune out, but they are calculating that a whole new audience will be cultivated and that the old audience will watch, even to express disdain for the new cast.

by Anonymousreply 530July 23, 2021 3:42 AM

I thought this week's episode was pretty good. The séance was probably scripted but the reactions seemed genuine.

by Anonymousreply 531July 23, 2021 4:10 AM

If Eboni and Leah come back, I'm done. They're unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 532July 23, 2021 9:57 AM

Wow! Andy and Bravo not making decisions anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533July 24, 2021 2:21 AM

It’s for the best. They should cancel the whole show.

by Anonymousreply 534July 24, 2021 3:45 AM

Leah and Eboni ruined the show. It used to be fun watching the old broads on vacation chasing dick.

by Anonymousreply 535July 24, 2021 4:17 AM

They should cast Rey as the first male housewife you bitch!

by Anonymousreply 536July 24, 2021 5:54 AM

The producers don’t know how to get rid of Eboni without causing a blacklash. Ramona ain’t goin nowhere. A reunion at this point would be nothing but screaming and finger pointing and not in a fun way. Scrap the reunion.

by Anonymousreply 537July 24, 2021 11:40 AM

The biggest news is this ( if it is true):

At the time a source told Daily Mail, “All hell is breaking loose behind the scenes” and “while the cameras are down, the drama is continuing.”

We’re told the future of Real Housewives of New York is now out of the hands of Andy Cohen and Bravo and has reached the NBC executives.

by Anonymousreply 538July 24, 2021 1:20 PM

Cancel and give Lu, Ramona and Sonja a new show. Bravo can call It The Golden Shower Girls.

by Anonymousreply 539July 24, 2021 9:54 PM

Its funny how there are 2 completely opposite stories out there. I feel its somewhere down the middle.

I do believe that Eboni is planting alot of these stories.

However, I quite like her, she just needs to lay off the Afternoon Special EVERY GODDAMNED SECOND.

Ramona is NOT being shitcanned..

A little surprised that the reunion almost sounds cancelled- quite concerning. If they are not taping it in September, it is NOT happening.

The show's last episodes end in early September, to my knowledge.

by Anonymousreply 540July 25, 2021 12:12 AM

I can’t find one thing to like about Eboni or Leah. Not one.

by Anonymousreply 541July 25, 2021 12:22 AM

Ramona is already fired. She’s almost 65 and can’t save the show. She literally shits on the floor. Bravo can’t justify a high salary for declining ratings.

by Anonymousreply 542July 25, 2021 12:27 AM

Ramona is NOT the issue- It is Leah and Eboni.

Very surprised that Leah could possibly be salvaged considering she is being eviscerated by fans..

Weird times.

by Anonymousreply 543July 25, 2021 1:14 AM

^ Ramona’s daughter

by Anonymousreply 544July 25, 2021 2:59 AM

^Eboni

by Anonymousreply 545July 25, 2021 3:00 AM

Leah and Eboni both suck.

by Anonymousreply 546July 25, 2021 3:31 AM

I like Eboni when she’s not doing a Ted Talk.

by Anonymousreply 547July 25, 2021 5:05 AM

Yeah same^^. I believe the rest of the cast feels the same way, but that is what she is paid to do, so...

by Anonymousreply 548July 25, 2021 6:39 PM

Did you all hear Eboni use the word "kiki?" Not having heard the term before I started a thread about it after I looked up the meaning. According to some links It's an expression that originated in the LBGT culture. I thought it sounded odd when Eboni used it, she's too old and serious for slang.

It appears to have multiple meanings to different groups, some links claiming it arose from black gay culture, others to girl type talk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549July 26, 2021 6:28 PM

Eboni wouldn't use the term unless it has its origins in BLACK CULTURE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550July 26, 2021 6:36 PM

I am just catching up. Can someone explain to me why Manic, of the Manic Depressive sisters, continuously brings Depressive on the show?

by Anonymousreply 551July 27, 2021 7:37 PM

The episode was going along very nicely until...........Black Shabbat.

by Anonymousreply 552July 28, 2021 3:22 AM

Will is everyone's friend! He jumped from MDLNY to RHNY. He is Ramona's friend now.

by Anonymousreply 553July 28, 2021 3:25 AM

Yeah the way Eboni said Kiki made me laugh. God she’s annoying.

by Anonymousreply 554July 28, 2021 3:44 AM

R554

by Anonymousreply 555July 28, 2021 4:40 AM

Eboni is going to be a centerpiece of next season. The producers love her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556July 28, 2021 5:31 AM

The same producers who encourage Sonja to act like a drunken fool instead of getting her help stand by Eboni and her fight for racial justice. Brava, Bravo!

by Anonymousreply 557July 28, 2021 10:14 AM

I was really enjoying Eboni and the episode last night until that Black Shabbat shit.

by Anonymousreply 558July 28, 2021 10:56 AM

Is Will fucking Ramona shits while having sex Singer? He's asking for her address lol.

by Anonymousreply 559July 28, 2021 12:09 PM

Will is going to be her driver too...

by Anonymousreply 560July 28, 2021 3:26 PM

This season is relentlessly boring.

by Anonymousreply 561July 28, 2021 7:42 PM

You didn't find Leah's talk about lawyers fascinating and entertaining?

by Anonymousreply 562July 28, 2021 8:05 PM

These women suck…..in a bad way.

by Anonymousreply 563July 28, 2021 8:24 PM

RHONY was pretty much suggestive in a titillating way, but Leah has dragged it down to the level of distasteful.

by Anonymousreply 564July 28, 2021 8:50 PM

Leah doesn't like Will for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 565July 28, 2021 10:05 PM

Leah is a snob. She looks down on anyone she doesn’t perceive as cool.

by Anonymousreply 566July 28, 2021 11:36 PM

Leah is one of those fake ass "woke" bitches who lives a life of white privilege and pretends to be "down with the homies." She's the worst of the worst.

by Anonymousreply 567July 29, 2021 12:06 AM

Is Will paid to have sex with Ramona? I can’t imagine any man under 60 being into her.

by Anonymousreply 568July 29, 2021 12:06 AM

Maybe, Leah sees him as an opportunist

by Anonymousreply 569July 29, 2021 1:05 AM

^ True. And an opportunist can always spot another opportunist.

by Anonymousreply 570July 29, 2021 1:14 AM

If they insist on ce Turing the show around Leah I wish they’d at least cast her creepy boxing coach full time

by Anonymousreply 571July 29, 2021 2:12 AM

That was the saddest damn birthday party I've ever seen. And Eboni has absolutely no gaydar, what with her talking about how she thought the nude model knew how how to please a woman. Oh, honey.

I was so distracted by Bershan and her hairline that starts at the top of her head.

by Anonymousreply 572July 29, 2021 8:37 AM

If this show is gonna revolve around Eboni and Leah next season, I'm out.

Leah's a nasty cunt, and her nasally voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard. And of course, we can't get through even one episode without Eboni declaring, "I'm having a BLACK event! Okay, so not all the people who will be there are black, and I'm excluding you, black lady Bershan, but it's still a BLACK event. Did everybody hear that? A BLACK event!"

Insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 573July 29, 2021 8:43 AM

Wait, did Ramona ever find someone to lend her some tampons?

You know, for....um...that time of the month.

by Anonymousreply 574July 29, 2021 8:48 AM

Gosh, Leah is so cutting edge and out there. For Ramona's birthday, she got - ya ready for this - a penis cake and a vagina cake! Oh, my God! Can she push the envelope or what? Mind blown!

by Anonymousreply 575July 29, 2021 12:29 PM

R568 No man of any age would be into Ramona. It's the money that keeps 'em coming back.

by Anonymousreply 576July 29, 2021 12:31 PM

That one dude at the party with the long hair - Jesus, dude, could you keep your hands out of it for two goddamn seconds?

by Anonymousreply 577July 29, 2021 12:32 PM

[quote]Wait, did Ramona ever find someone to lend her some tampons? You know, for....um...that time of the month.

You mean that time of the month when the tumbleweeds blow through her ancient dusty vag?

That no one ever visits anymore except for a drunken Harry Dubin...

by Anonymousreply 578July 29, 2021 1:10 PM

Very interesting ( and true) commentary.

But constantly forcing the housewives into political conversations drains their interactions of authenticity by steering them into contrived plot points, exhausting viewers, normalizing controversial elite narratives about race relations, and inflaming pre-existing divisions. It improves nothing except the odds that Bravo executives keep their jobs instead of getting axed when keyboard warriors fabricate controversies on Twitter that don’t bother the vast majority of viewers and do not reflect anger at genuine immorality.

Sentient viewers of Bravo’s reality fare realize the shows are supposed to feature antiheroes. Protagonists sneak in every once in a while to provide contrast, but the point of the shows is to document the material and social excesses of wealth and status. You’re not supposed to be cheering for them. Bravo either forgets this or is willing to sacrifice the premise to protect itself from bloggers, at least in the short term.

Push back on any moments of racism the show produces, sure. But don’t turn them into contrived forums for social debate. It can’t be forced and it can’t be forced as a driving plot point. Again, this isn’t just RHONY. This is Bravo’s clear strategy to fend off critiques from liberal Instagram fan pages and Barnard graduates writing for The Cut. It’s making their product worse. It’s making race relations worse, too.

Bring back Dorinda. Bring back Tinsley. Let them loose in the Hamptons with a camera crew, a case of Ramona Pinot, and their own impulses. We’ll learn a lot more, and laugh a lot more too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579July 29, 2021 1:50 PM

That guy with the long hair was not a model.

by Anonymousreply 580July 29, 2021 4:38 PM

Was anyone else wondering what the hell a Black Shabbat is? Is that a real thing? Did Eboni make it up? I googled it and all I get are results for Black Sabbath.

by Anonymousreply 581July 29, 2021 5:40 PM

She made it up. Everything is " black" to Eboni, because that's why she was hired. The only reason.

by Anonymousreply 582July 29, 2021 5:42 PM

Who was gay at the birthday party besides the planner? That nude model from the Hamptons kinda pinged for me.

by Anonymousreply 583July 29, 2021 10:49 PM

Can’t wait for Black Flag day.

by Anonymousreply 584July 30, 2021 12:28 AM

R583 Kinda? Kinda?!

by Anonymousreply 585July 30, 2021 1:02 AM

Will must do the old ladies for tips and airtime.

by Anonymousreply 586July 30, 2021 1:03 AM

It's disgusting that Eboni didn't invite Bershan. She is a horrible person. Fire Eboni and Leah

by Anonymousreply 587July 30, 2021 3:49 AM

R587 Bershan isn't woke enough for Eboni; she has no use for Bershan.

by Anonymousreply 588July 30, 2021 12:28 PM

Do xtians now celebrate shabbos? Is this some sort of woke thing? I just have never heard of non Jews celebrating shabbat.

by Anonymousreply 589July 30, 2021 1:04 PM

R589 Perhaps you weren't listening to me, dear. I'm having a BLACK shabbat, okay? BLACK! It doesn't matter if it's a Jewish celebration, because it's really about it being a BLACK celebration. BLACK! But Bershan can't come.

by Anonymousreply 590July 30, 2021 1:16 PM

I'm looking forward to Eboni's Black "White Christmas" party. All races and religions invited except for Bershan.

I think Eboni is a nice person and very cute, I'm sorry she has such a preachy story line, I prefer natural discussions, not forced lectures.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591July 30, 2021 3:55 PM

They are getting desperate for positive publicity. Maybe change the name of the show to " Desperate Housewives." That has never been used before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 592July 30, 2021 4:37 PM

How about Desperate Cougars? They're all old and single.

by Anonymousreply 593July 30, 2021 7:44 PM

Who the viewers want back. Look at #1.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594August 3, 2021 10:39 PM

No votes for ugly Bethenny?

by Anonymousreply 595August 4, 2021 1:05 AM

R595 You know that's gonna piss her off.

by Anonymousreply 596August 4, 2021 1:19 AM

The Reddit polls are the same as DL's. They didn't give Bethenny as an option.

by Anonymousreply 597August 4, 2021 2:03 AM

Tonite’s episode was decent but the real treat was watching Ramona and Bershan on WWHL. Anybody who thinks RHONY would survive without Ramona is nuts.

by Anonymousreply 598August 4, 2021 4:50 AM

Ramona looked great on WWHL! Most women wish they could look that good at 65.

by Anonymousreply 599August 4, 2021 4:54 AM

With her fake boobs, face and hair?

by Anonymousreply 600August 4, 2021 5:17 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!