Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kate Middleton continues her Scottish-themed wardrobe with an £849 check trench coat

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155June 13, 2021 8:39 PM

Eat the rich. Parasites the whole lot of them

by Anonymousreply 1May 27, 2021 3:15 AM

Kate dresses brilliantly and is a great supporter of british designers and british fashion.

by Anonymousreply 2May 27, 2021 3:33 AM

R2 her clothes are rotten so yes I suppose she probably does support a lot of British designers. Nasty coat dresses. Those awful heavy fabrics! I can smell the damp.

by Anonymousreply 3May 27, 2021 4:05 AM

R3="Cal Gal in sunny Montecito"

by Anonymousreply 4May 27, 2021 4:22 AM

Everything aside, I really am loving the Scottish wardrobe on Kate. That trench coat was gorgeous in color, fit, and style. She paired them with subtle Monolos. She is really good at mixing high street with high end without being garish. I think that's the key to dressing well for everyone. Have a few expensive timeless things that can be mixed with less expensive fashion forward clothing. Kate has a body made for clothes - tall and thin.

by Anonymousreply 5May 28, 2021 2:49 AM

I like the way she dresses - stylish without being over the top.

by Anonymousreply 6May 28, 2021 2:52 AM

I am a huge fan of Alexander McQueen and Kate wears him a lot for dressier occasions. Obviously McQueen is dead, but I don't see McQueen in the how she wears it. I would never think Alexander McQueen. With Kate it is all about the tailoring and there has been threads on this. Get something from Zara, have it tailored and you look like a million bucks. Meghan has worn some beautiful clothes, but her issue is really about fit more than style.

by Anonymousreply 7May 28, 2021 3:17 AM

So telling people to vote is breaking Royal protocol but having secret meetings with Gordon Brown then getting Kensington palace to stop TV stations from showing film by accusing the Camera crew of trespassing isn't? Mmmm. Guess those protocols are only broken if your half Black.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 28, 2021 4:34 AM

R8 that account is some asshole trying to make money off his pro-Scottish independence tweets

by Anonymousreply 9May 28, 2021 4:38 AM

I don't really mean offense, but I must ask: is the UK public so base and clueless to fall prey to these amateurish Royal stunts?

by Anonymousreply 10May 28, 2021 4:43 AM

sweetie, the British Royal family has been doing these 'stunts' since Queen Victoria - like American politicians pull these 'stunts'

by Anonymousreply 11May 28, 2021 4:55 AM

[quote]So telling people to vote is breaking Royal protocol

It is when one party depends on low voter turnout to win elections...

by Anonymousreply 12May 28, 2021 10:10 PM

The British royal family are actively working at their public relations? OMG, r10... stop the presses!

by Anonymousreply 13May 28, 2021 10:14 PM

Ya gotta love all the MarkleStans who had never heard of the British royal family till the woman they'd idolized since she was a suitcase girl - and a yacht girl - married into it.

by Anonymousreply 14May 28, 2021 11:58 PM

I have a picnic blanket cut from the same cloth.

by Anonymousreply 15May 29, 2021 12:01 AM

That was a beautiful coat; while I don't think she has Di's charisma (but then, who does?), but in her day, this is the kind of look that Di would've pulled off & everyone would've gone gaga over it

by Anonymousreply 16May 29, 2021 12:02 AM

Kate's very tall and thin like a model so she looks great in clothes.

by Anonymousreply 17May 29, 2021 12:12 AM

The couple does seem genuinely engaged with people.

by Anonymousreply 18May 29, 2021 12:12 AM

R1 is the type that would out-Trump Trump.

by Anonymousreply 19May 29, 2021 12:14 AM

Oh please. Jeffery E. would have attested that I’ve used trench coats ‘more craftily.’

by Anonymousreply 20May 29, 2021 12:14 AM

Kate is not even trying for Diana's charisma. Kate has now outlived Diana by almost 3 years (she turns 40 this year) and in all of Kate's years, I don't think she's ever even made an attempt on bold looks that made Diana looked. Could you imagine Kate in the revenge dress? Maybe that barely PG-13 outfit she wore for her shocking lingerie show to win Wills' heart back was the most daring thing we've seen Kate in. Kate does not strike me as having that type of confidence and daring nature that Diana had.

by Anonymousreply 21May 29, 2021 2:44 AM

Diana purposefully dressed to get attention because she was a narcissist who loved attention. After the marriage brioke down irrevocably, she also enjoyed outshining Charles because she knew it annoyed him so much.

Kate wants only to support her husband, so she never tries to outshine him. She doesn't want to be cast aside before he takes the throne the way Diana was for Charles--she very much wants to be crowned Queen Catherine, the consort of William V.

by Anonymousreply 22May 29, 2021 3:57 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 29, 2021 3:09 PM

I always hated Kate at the beginning when I had a crush on Wills who was gorgeous in his youth. But I have to admit she seems like that oddity - a nice person. Which I suppose is a good thing though as a gay man I always admire a Queen Bitch like Diana.

by Anonymousreply 24May 29, 2021 4:14 PM

Do fuck right off, R3. Nasty slag.

by Anonymousreply 25May 30, 2021 3:45 AM

R25 =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 30, 2021 5:44 AM

I’m not a fan of her but she looks radiant in the pics.

by Anonymousreply 27May 30, 2021 6:18 AM

Did Archie's skin bleach end up in Charlotte's hair? I know there has been debate with many DLers, myself included, stating that hair can go blond in the sun. Based on a second look at R26, her hair looks friend, like it has been colored. Maybe she's swimming alot and it's the chlorine.

by Anonymousreply 28May 30, 2021 6:24 AM

I WANT that coat, Op. Eat it, R1. Proletariat meeting is through the door on the left. Good luck, as it worked out SO well for the Soviet Union.

by Anonymousreply 29May 30, 2021 3:16 PM

They both look great. Picture perfect for their role.

But it's that vintage Land Rover that steals the show.

by Anonymousreply 30May 30, 2021 3:33 PM

R3 is a clown. A California clown or a Sunburn Sux troll clown, but a clown nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 31May 30, 2021 4:54 PM

[quote]But it's that vintage Land Rover that steals the show.

Agreed; while I think the media (and by extension DL) probably spend too much time (wrongly) speculating what the Queen is/isn't thinking or doing, I have to think that Kate wearing that amazing pearl necklace to the funeral & Wills driving the vintage Land Rover is Granny sending a message to a surly ginger in CA

by Anonymousreply 32May 30, 2021 5:22 PM

[quote] But it's that vintage Land Rover that steals the show.

Agree! I am obsessed with vintage Land Rover and even the not so vintage, but older Defenders which is what Phillip always drove, That entrance in Phillips old Rover was just perfect. BTW, I do not like the new Defenders which feel like they are fraus. They look like the old Discos before the body change.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33May 30, 2021 5:27 PM

That Land Rover is so chic.

Meanwhile back in LA, Harry& Meghan drive a blacked out Cadillac Escalade!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34May 30, 2021 5:33 PM

She looks too matronly for someone her age and is just "meh".

by Anonymousreply 35May 30, 2021 6:00 PM

They have drive in movies in the UK?

by Anonymousreply 36May 30, 2021 6:01 PM

i think they've been set up because CORONA

by Anonymousreply 37May 30, 2021 6:13 PM

Drive-in? How American!

by Anonymousreply 38May 30, 2021 6:16 PM

I should think that car is a whole lot of fun to drive.

by Anonymousreply 39May 30, 2021 6:18 PM

I have always liked Kate's style. She looks great in that pic.

by Anonymousreply 40May 30, 2021 6:18 PM

Only boring people like Kate.

by Anonymousreply 41May 30, 2021 6:32 PM

The Queen is opening up Sandringham to be used as a drive in for the summer in part due to the covid, but also to get people touring and to give people in town something to do. The are completely opening up the estate as a of a few days ago for tourists.

by Anonymousreply 42May 30, 2021 6:48 PM

Sounds like ^^ the BRF is desperate. Who's their PR agency?

by Anonymousreply 43May 30, 2021 6:53 PM

I must admit I have no idea what she's like in private, but Kate really is the essence of class and dignity when she's in public.

by Anonymousreply 44May 30, 2021 6:59 PM

YOU’RE meh, R35.

by Anonymousreply 45May 30, 2021 7:01 PM

Why do you say that R44? I find her safe and boring in dress. Her behavior just seems like that of a regular person.

R45 sad that you are so invested in someone you don't know that you have to childishly react to an opinion you don't like.

by Anonymousreply 46May 30, 2021 7:03 PM

It's a really great coat. I mean, if you're into that type of thing. And she looks great in it.

by Anonymousreply 47May 30, 2021 7:05 PM

People don't seem to get that there is a success formula to last in the BRF. Standing out, being a bold dresser, trying to change the very old system will not work for you. Everyone who has tried has either died by accident, died early from addiction issues, or has fled the country. Kate dresses and acts as she should. She is supposed be the finest version of "meh". The BRF is the star not the person.

by Anonymousreply 48May 30, 2021 7:06 PM

Sounds dreadful R48.

by Anonymousreply 49May 30, 2021 7:09 PM

[quote] I don't think she has Di's charisma

That was the emanating aura of extreme mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 50May 30, 2021 7:10 PM

Maybe in the past it would be dreadful, but I think I could take royal life at 40. I don't need to be bold or exciting. I could wear nice Saville Row clothing, have multiple homes shake some hands, and have servants at beck and call. Ski trips to Verbier, summers is Mesquite, horseback riding at Amner. Meghan's life seems exhausting. It's hard work to have to feed the machine constantly to stay in the spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 51May 30, 2021 7:13 PM

YOU’RE childish, R46.

by Anonymousreply 52May 30, 2021 7:37 PM

"You're out of line"

"No, you're out of line"

by Anonymousreply 53May 30, 2021 7:41 PM

R52 going further into childishness and with emojis!

by Anonymousreply 54May 30, 2021 7:46 PM

I can't figure out why Meg's obsessed fans trash Kate. Is it jealousy? Do they ignorantly think if Kate was out of the picture Meg would be The Kween? It makes me think that Meg's big problem with the royal family is she thought she would finally after a piddling career be The Star and she found out Kate was the leading lady.

by Anonymousreply 55May 30, 2021 9:08 PM

[quote] Why do you say that [R44]?

She gives off a certain aura. IMO she is absolutely nothing like 95% of "normal" people one would encounter in public.

by Anonymousreply 56May 30, 2021 9:31 PM

[quote]I can't figure out why Meg's obsessed fans trash Kate.

and no one can figure out why Kate's obsessed fans trash the Markle person. Personally, I'm disinterested in the BRF but the whole MM vs Kate fan gurls bemuses me. As I said, I'm "meh" on Kate's fashions and supposed "class" and don't give a shit about MM because I don't follow her.

by Anonymousreply 57May 30, 2021 9:48 PM

You're right, R2. She has always dressed well. She has a girl-next-door attractiveness rather than a beauty which could detract from William as King. She holds up her end of the bargain very well.

by Anonymousreply 58May 30, 2021 10:25 PM

[quote]Personally, I'm disinterested in the BRF

Yet here you are.

[quote]whole MM vs Kate fan gurls bemuses me.

for someone with no interest you've formed lots of opinions.

by Anonymousreply 59May 30, 2021 10:28 PM

R21, Diana didn't have any confidence and that's why she was so easily misled and so manipulative. Kate is highly confident. She knew what she wanted, went out and got it and now she is enjoying it. She's grown into the role by using good judgment, taking good advice and ignoring the whiny critics.

by Anonymousreply 60May 30, 2021 10:32 PM

Kate is a mercenary gold digger who made good.

Doors to Manual...

by Anonymousreply 61May 30, 2021 10:35 PM

[Quote]and no one can figure out why Kate's obsessed fans trash the Markle person

What makes you believe that any significant proportion of the people who trash "the Markle person" are Kate fans? Why can't Markle be disliked or criticized independent of the Sussex person? Has she not said or done things worthy of it or do you believe she's above criticism?

by Anonymousreply 62May 30, 2021 10:37 PM

Kate has no class. Marrying the future king of England hides her sins.

by Anonymousreply 63May 30, 2021 10:37 PM

Agreed R5 & R6. And that coat is gorgeous. If they offered a men's version, I'd buy a knockoff as soon as I could get my hands on one.

Being a costume designer, you'd think I'd have more interest in sporting really wonderful clothes. ...But no. Perhaps I'll save that for my third act.

by Anonymousreply 64May 30, 2021 10:37 PM

OK, so I blocked the Megamouth's fangurl and half the thread disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 65May 30, 2021 10:40 PM

R32, Kate is the future queen, so I think the message is pretty obvious. Even if Markle had never been on the scene, it's like HRM would have made the same choice.

by Anonymousreply 66May 30, 2021 10:43 PM

[quote]What makes you believe that any significant proportion of the people who trash "the Markle person" are Kate fans? Why can't Markle be disliked or criticized independent of the Sussex person? Has she not said or done things worthy of it or do you believe she's above criticism?

Because the criticism and outright bile is disproportionate to her sin of marrying Harry as displayed here daily. "the Sussex person" reveals a lot.

Also, if you go through my history you can see I'm not an ardent BRF or MM follower.

by Anonymousreply 67May 30, 2021 11:01 PM

Funnily enough if you block the emoji Kate troll half the thread disappears.

by Anonymousreply 68May 30, 2021 11:04 PM

Haha 😄, r67. Thank you for finding my typo even though you didn't realize it. It should have read:

[Quote]Why can't Markle be disliked or criticized independent of the CAMBRIDGE person?

You seem to be saying that "this Meghan person" (your words not mine) is above criticism or reproach despite her bad behavior?

Again, tell us why you think "Kate fans" and "Markle criticizers" are totally overlapping Venn diagrams? Or do you believe Meghan has done no wrong?

by Anonymousreply 69May 30, 2021 11:12 PM

I don't what MM has done or not done as I don't follow her but the bile directed her seems out of proportion. I don't trash Kate Middleton, I just said she's "meh" and that has somehow set you off.

by Anonymousreply 70May 30, 2021 11:15 PM

for God's sake get back to the subject of the coat

by Anonymousreply 71May 30, 2021 11:17 PM

[Quote]I don't what MM has done or not done as I don't follow her

So you admit to opining without a basis knowledge.

by Anonymousreply 72May 30, 2021 11:32 PM

It doesn't matter R72. She seems like a boring person along with the rest of the BRF. I didn't watch the weddings, I don't follow them. It just seems like a bunch of shrieking harpies who have a hard on for the BRF have decided to swarm in here and discuss how terrible this one person is.

by Anonymousreply 73May 30, 2021 11:36 PM

[quote]have decided to swarm in here and discuss how terrible this one person is.

This seems to be everywhere, not just on here.

by Anonymousreply 74May 30, 2021 11:38 PM

I can't stand her.

by Anonymousreply 75May 30, 2021 11:43 PM

Well, good thing for me I don't read tabloids R74. I barely heard of the MM shit until it started migrating here.

by Anonymousreply 76May 30, 2021 11:48 PM

Does Kate pick her own ensembles, or does she have a dresser? At first, I thought the coat was too much. But with the emerald shoes and gold metallic skirt (if it's a dress, I'd love to see it), it's just perfect. Well thought out and perfect. If it's her- she has a real knack for modern class. Which feels like an oxymoron.

by Anonymousreply 77May 31, 2021 12:05 AM

[quote] her sin of marrying Harry

He also married her.

Let's face it. Harry is a black sheep.

by Anonymousreply 78May 31, 2021 12:14 AM

Nothing wrong with that R78. The fact is none of us knows what happens behind closed doors or why Harry decided to give up the bullshit. Maybe he just woke up one day and said "I'm tired of this crap" and the dysfunctional family. Lots of people do.

by Anonymousreply 79May 31, 2021 12:19 AM

Harry is an angry FU.

In a recent vid, Lady C said the worst of all worlds is someone who is personality disordered, mentally ill and STUPID, Haz is the trifecta.

by Anonymousreply 80May 31, 2021 12:19 AM

Says who R80? A clinical therapist?

by Anonymousreply 81May 31, 2021 12:21 AM

[quote] Kate is a mercenary gold digger who made good.

In this day and age, you can't say that about many people. Someone who made good on their promise and lived up to their word. It's almost unheard of these days. Kate might have gone for it, but I think Will was always in the driver's seat. I'm sure Kate and the Middletons were highly investigated.

I think Kate is interesting because we really don't know what she's like behind closed doors. We can say she's this or that, but maybe she is chain-smoking and throwing ashtrays at the servants type of gal. I don't think so, but there is still little mystery to BRF.

by Anonymousreply 82May 31, 2021 12:23 AM

The firm pays for these headlines.

by Anonymousreply 83May 31, 2021 12:28 AM

R77, I got the sense that she has good taste, but not a lot of time. She's been dressing well for years. She probably has someone who knows her style and searches for what she likes, bringing her options. She probably gets the ones she likes couriered over to try on.

by Anonymousreply 84May 31, 2021 1:02 AM

[Quote]Kate is highly confident. She knew what she wanted, went out and got it and now she is enjoying it. She's grown into the role by using good judgment, taking good advice and ignoring the whiny critics.

She wasn't always that way, though. Vanity Fair did a feature about her in the lead up to the wedding. They noted and I'd read before that her nature is somewhat shy and introverted. (She was bullied at one of her schools and was switched to another.) I think that's why she was/is perceived as "meh." She was more retiring and reticent because she was afraid of making mistakes? I could totally see me wallflowering myself if I felt out of sorts.

I think she accepted training and instruction because didn't have confidence and grew into it. She also had plenty of time to grow into it and wasn't expected to "hit the ground running" unlike someone who was and botched the operation.

by Anonymousreply 85May 31, 2021 1:37 AM

yeth, R54. Car54 where are you?

by Anonymousreply 86May 31, 2021 3:09 PM

Just watch the engagement videos for Kate/WIlls & Meghan/Harry. Kate is so nervous and they even asked her about the posters on her walls. She stumbles over her words and is visibly anxious. Wills jumps in. Conversely, Meghan is leading the interview and you would think that she was meeting royals everyday of the week her entire life. It's an entertaining comparison.

by Anonymousreply 87May 31, 2021 6:22 PM

R77 In the beginning, they made a big deal about Kate not having a dresser or stylist. These days, her wardrobe is so impeccable, there has to be a team of people working behind the scenes. In the recent vaccination pic, she turned up in an H&M tee several years old and worn on previous tours. That does not happen by accident, by rummaging around in her chest of drawers. I would love to know the logistics of managing Kate’s wardrobe. Her coat dresses alone would fill a huge room. I know they have plenty of storage room, but there must be special storage linked to a computerized system of photos and tagging items. Then Kate probably has a relatively normal “off duty” wardrobe at Anmer nearby where she can grab her daily jeans, shirt, sweater without any sartorial assistance. Life at KP is probably a bit more of a performance.

by Anonymousreply 88May 31, 2021 6:53 PM

well she showed up for her COVID vaccination in jeans and a skimpy T shirt that showed off her figure to good advantage. She's in great shape for a woman who has had 3 kids.

by Anonymousreply 89May 31, 2021 7:15 PM

She was a bit too thin for a while but she's filled out nicely.

by Anonymousreply 90May 31, 2021 7:16 PM

Everything is planned out. Everything. While I am no longer a fan of Meghan's if someone let her out of the house wearing blood diamonds or a price tag was hanging out when she was royal, it was probably payback. I can't recall in the beginning if Kate did this, but she always recycles clothing. This is a concept that is big with aristocracy. Even though Charles does all these over the top things with servants (the mobile bedroom, the toothpaste), he tries to never by new shoes or clothes and constantly has them resoled or repurposed as to not to waste.

by Anonymousreply 91May 31, 2021 7:20 PM

[Quote]In the recent vaccination pic, she turned up in an H&M tee several years old and worn on previous tours. That does not happen by accident, by rummaging around in her chest of drawers.

She doesn't have regular H&M shirts in her regular day to day drawers? Tees that need to be categorized as soon as worn so as to not make its notable mistake to be worn within the 3 year mark!

You sound... Excessive.

by Anonymousreply 92May 31, 2021 7:26 PM

In the British aristocracy, being too well dressed was always a no-no but one Diana didn't abide by. You should always be shabby chic, in old clothes, wearing wellies.

by Anonymousreply 93May 31, 2021 7:59 PM

[quote]In the British aristocracy, being too well dressed was always a no-no

We like our clothes to look well worn. The Americans don't usually get this.

by Anonymousreply 94May 31, 2021 8:02 PM

I'm noting that Wills doesn't have a "grief paunch" like his lil' bro does.

by Anonymousreply 95May 31, 2021 8:17 PM

R90 What? Her body looks anorexic and her face looks 50.

by Anonymousreply 96May 31, 2021 8:17 PM

I gotta agree with R96. Kate smokes and gets too much sun and her face shows it

by Anonymousreply 97May 31, 2021 8:19 PM

R96 welcome to the DL Meghan!

by Anonymousreply 98May 31, 2021 9:05 PM

[quote]Kate smokes

I've never seen her with a fag in her mouth

by Anonymousreply 99May 31, 2021 9:07 PM

R93, it isn't being too well dressed. It is a matter of looking either cheap or ridiculous or both. Think of Andrew's daughters. They often looked horrible, especially at public events, with ill fitting garments that, even if they had fit, were unflattering. She has rarely put a step wrong. Plus, maybe there are clothes that she really likes. The idea of wearing those only once is ridiculous. She got crap for this and some rags still mention it, but good for her. And after a decade as William's wife, she is just reflecting the skill that comes with experience. If I were the Queen, I'd thank my stars every day that my grandson married someone who has the good sense and intelligence not to keep me awake nights.

by Anonymousreply 100May 31, 2021 10:26 PM

[quote] Kate smokes...her face shows it . I googled it recently and the word is that she no longer does. Hope that's true.

by Anonymousreply 101June 1, 2021 12:38 AM

^^^forgot to split my comment from the quote

by Anonymousreply 102June 1, 2021 12:52 AM

MM smokes as well and hasn't quit. She also does drugs, allegedly, so that is probably why she has ruined her face with too much bad plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 103June 1, 2021 3:39 PM

[quote] If I were the Queen, I'd thank my stars every day that my grandson married someone who has the good sense and intelligence not to keep me awake nights.

Didn't Prince Philip supposedly say something just like that when William got back together with Kate and they married?

by Anonymousreply 104June 1, 2021 4:20 PM

[quote] MM smokes as well and hasn't quit.

In no way would I put MM in the same category as the Duchess of Cambridge.

by Anonymousreply 105June 1, 2021 11:00 PM

Prince William is lucky to have Kate and that she waited for him. If she hadn't, she'd be now married to a hedge fund billionaire without all the work and bother of being a working member of the BRF. And he'd have settled for someone else and both would be miserable.

For all the "doors to manual" crap (working is something to be looked down, don't you know?) he's the one who "married up".

Their is much to criticize Markle for, but physically comparing her to Kate is just plain unfair to Markle.

I find Markle's face to be prettier and much more interesting than Kate's, but, as other here have pointed out, Kate's physical dimensions are, well, perfect. She's a human clothes hanger and most things will look good on her frame.

And she always gets length exactly right. She makes sure her coats hit that sweet spot, elongating her height.

by Anonymousreply 106June 1, 2021 11:36 PM

Kate looked her best at H&M’s wedding with the extra baby weight. Her face was just beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 107June 1, 2021 11:44 PM

You can't compare a totally reconstructed face. Come on girls. Nose, teeth, hair, hairline, fillers in the cheeks and lips. Get out of here.

And I think Meaghan is cute at best. Kate is pretty. Neither is beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 108June 2, 2021 12:12 AM

Meghan's got ugly toothpick legs. Looks like a bird.

by Anonymousreply 109June 2, 2021 12:46 AM

[quote]I have a picnic blanket cut from the same cloth.

Our nanny wipes Archie's butt with a rag cut from the same cloth.

by Anonymousreply 110June 2, 2021 12:47 AM

[Quote]Didn't Prince Philip supposedly say something just like that when William got back together with Kate and they married?

Supposedly a lip reader caught Philip saying this during the wedding. Something to the effect of "thank goodness he came to his senses and stuck with her" or something to that effect.

[Quote]he's the one who "married up".

He certainly did. People always assume marrying up is about money and status, but the genetics and experience of family closeness and emotional stability she brings to the union are worth far more than what his money can buy. He knows it and I don't think it took the Sussex debacle for him to recognize it. Just the relief of not having to deal with the constant neediness and emotional swings like he did with Diana probably drove the point home.

by Anonymousreply 111June 2, 2021 12:49 AM

I think the fact Kate's parents were happily married and her sister and brother seemed to be close to her probably appealed to William as well after his drama queen mother and cold father and all their histrionics.

by Anonymousreply 112June 2, 2021 1:14 AM

Meghan has a tighter and pinker pussy than Kate's gynecological disaster she calls a vagina.

by Anonymousreply 113June 2, 2021 6:36 AM

R113 Omid: you've been up Meghan's pussy? That is surprising.

by Anonymousreply 114June 2, 2021 3:34 PM

r1 I'm genuinely concerned for people who use that slogan, "Eat the rich", you do all realise you're also rich to someone, somewhere, and therefore are bound to be eaten next? Yes?

by Anonymousreply 115June 2, 2021 3:53 PM

"Eat the rich" was a slogan in UK punk culture many decades ago, you cannot possibly still have legitimate concerns about it now.

by Anonymousreply 116June 2, 2021 3:57 PM

it's used now by upper middle class poseurs, r116

by Anonymousreply 117June 2, 2021 3:59 PM

Why R105? They are both human beings with the same parts and they both shit like everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 118June 2, 2021 7:28 PM

Well, R106, "interesting" certainly describes Markle's face. On Suits she was always so pretty and looked great in her clothes. Who knew a wardrobe manager and makeup artist made so much difference? Her clothing always fits so badly as well as looking horrible on her body type. Apparently she was too dense to pick up any tips. I wonder whether she ever looks in a full length mirror. Her face is now moving toward a porcine appearance. And full of bumps. I don't think giving birth will make a lot of difference to that skin either. I think the outside is starting to reflect the inside.

by Anonymousreply 119June 2, 2021 9:50 PM

[quote]why she has ruined her face with too much bad plastic surgery.

What bad plastic surgery? She looks fine.

by Anonymousreply 120June 3, 2021 12:06 AM

Fillers not surgery.

by Anonymousreply 121June 3, 2021 12:08 AM

Meghan was her "best self" in terms of her looks and figure during her Suits days. Since she's been back in the US, she's been going overboard with the filler and botox.

I think Kate gets botox as well, but she is not as consistent with it. She will wait for touchups it seems. Kate is also photographed in broad daylight much of the time. I think Kate looks great in her "everyday clothes" - flat boots, skinny pants, chic barn jacket.=, ponytail. She has a real natural beauty.

by Anonymousreply 122June 3, 2021 2:37 AM

Some stylist claimed that Kate was wearing extensions in her hair and has been wearing them for years now.

by Anonymousreply 123June 9, 2021 3:59 PM

some people claim every other person is wearing extensions or hairpieces, like they can't comprehend there are a variety of different hair types - this stylist better put up some proof!

by Anonymousreply 124June 9, 2021 4:02 PM

Plus, they way she diets, no way would her real hair be that full and shiny. It’s also quite dated looking. Just like her makeup.

by Anonymousreply 125June 9, 2021 4:03 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126June 9, 2021 4:05 PM

That's not proof, r126. Kate just inherited her mother and father's head of hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127June 9, 2021 4:11 PM

Her hair suits her personality-dull and fake.

by Anonymousreply 128June 9, 2021 4:12 PM

William does not shave his head because it would be considered characterless for a man in his position to do so, why would Kate go in a completely different direction and wear hair extensions?

by Anonymousreply 129June 9, 2021 4:16 PM

I hope George and Louis inherit Granddaddy Middleton's thick hair.

by Anonymousreply 130June 9, 2021 4:58 PM

I think Kate does not get Botox. She's not a high cost hooker or some desperate celebrity. And she doesn't live in Hollywood. The Brits are more realistic about their appearance. Taking good care of her skin and staying fit is sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 131June 12, 2021 12:59 AM

She's very thin. Though the vast majority of women gain a lot of weight after having kids, some get very skinny. I had a colleague like that. She couldn't put on weight after having kids and she ate a lot - I used to have lunch with her.

by Anonymousreply 132June 12, 2021 1:22 AM

Some cuts make Kate look too thin and that red dress is one of them. It's too narrow and it really elongates her even further. I felt the same about the green D&G Wimbledon dress she wore with Meghan. She looks lovely in the McQueen coat dress for the formal G7. Definitely not even a whiff of pregnancy.

by Anonymousreply 133June 12, 2021 3:58 AM

She looks "dry" to me if that makes any sense.

by Anonymousreply 134June 12, 2021 1:50 PM

As in vaginal dryness, r134?

by Anonymousreply 135June 12, 2021 2:08 PM

No, just a general overall brittleness R135. I think the dieting and sun have really taken a toll on her skin and hair.

by Anonymousreply 136June 12, 2021 2:11 PM

this kind of dress really flatters her

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137June 12, 2021 2:23 PM

She has no shape at all. None.

by Anonymousreply 138June 12, 2021 2:36 PM

[quote] Kate dresses brilliantly and is a great supporter of british designers and british fashion.

And most importantly of all, she’s white and a Briton

by Anonymousreply 139June 12, 2021 2:53 PM

She’s way too thin and looks ill, but the press won’t go there.

by Anonymousreply 140June 12, 2021 3:11 PM

R139 Meghan, you mean: most importantly she is very tall and very thin.

by Anonymousreply 141June 12, 2021 4:12 PM

Of course, she looks good no matter what is draped off her clothes hanger shoulders, but I actually like her look better when she wears wide-cut dress trousers and a top.

Her rail thin frame benefits from the waistline that trousers provide.

by Anonymousreply 142June 12, 2021 4:49 PM

Exactly, Della. Kate's weight is relatively static, but she benefits it the wide cut coat dresses or fuller skirts she usually wears. She can pull of slinky, tight dresses, but they don't photograph well and she does look too thin, though not sickly. In terms of her "dryness", I do think she and Wills are smokers. Maybe just "smoke when they drink" smokers, but I do think cigarettes happen in Cambridge house.

by Anonymousreply 143June 12, 2021 6:22 PM

I imagine most posters don't know rich white people intimately. We are naturally very thin, and we do age poorly. We often drink and sometimes secretly smoke. But we find excessive and obvious cosmetic intervention tacky. You shouldn't be able to tell.

Round peasant potato people will never understand. But we don't care. We also proudly keep our big noses.

by Anonymousreply 144June 12, 2021 6:34 PM

Yum! Did somebody say POTATOES??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145June 12, 2021 6:48 PM

Although after a certain age, one is allowed to disregard these strictures.

by Anonymousreply 146June 12, 2021 6:58 PM

Her calves are wider than her thighs.

by Anonymousreply 147June 12, 2021 7:33 PM

[quote] [R139] Meghan, you mean: most importantly she is very tall and very thin.

Sorry r141 but you don’t have the importance in her life you think she has — she’s not constantly refreshing to see what some ancient homosexual who is a small minded bigot is saying about her from ground level.

Meant what I said initially and your defensiveness verifies that, cheers!

by Anonymousreply 148June 12, 2021 7:35 PM

“you have” ^^^

by Anonymousreply 149June 12, 2021 7:36 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150June 12, 2021 8:02 PM

R148 you seem to have taken a wrong turn somewhere in cyberspace. This is a site for gay men and you appear to be a homophobic old cow. Go back to Lipstick-on-a-Pig Alley.

by Anonymousreply 151June 13, 2021 12:40 AM

She's been dressing more Queen-like in the last year or so. She's even begun to look like she enjoys "working". Much more Queen-mum like these days.

by Anonymousreply 152June 13, 2021 1:39 PM

That's not a good thing R152.

by Anonymousreply 153June 13, 2021 1:44 PM

R140, if you look at her in the Scotland photos in the stretchy slacks, her calves are muscular and she's quite fit. If you are starving yourself, you lose muscle and tend to be flabby, even with a lot of exercise.

by Anonymousreply 154June 13, 2021 8:32 PM

Exactly, R154. The other thing that gives anorexics/druggies away is the frizzy, thin, damaged hair. Even if Kate does have a weave, her real hair looks gorgeous. Kate is extremely athletic and the best events are her and Wills competing in some sort of sporting event. She really gets into, like those land boats on this trip.

by Anonymousreply 155June 13, 2021 8:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!