Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Timothee Chalamet IS Willy Wonka!

They figured out how to make him even more insufferable!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245September 30, 2021 12:32 AM

I had always assumed Wonka had a chin. No?

by Anonymousreply 1May 24, 2021 3:48 PM

timmy please feel free to OD at any time.

by Anonymousreply 2May 24, 2021 3:51 PM

The Willy Wonka origin is him kidnapping primitive orange midgets who he will force to work in his factory? 40 years a chocolate maker or Gone with the Skittles would be my title choices.

by Anonymousreply 3May 24, 2021 3:51 PM

Can I make a reco for Creepy Oompa-Loompa #1?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 24, 2021 3:52 PM

Willy Werq

by Anonymousreply 5May 24, 2021 3:53 PM

I'd certainly like to visit his chocolate factory.

by Anonymousreply 6May 24, 2021 3:53 PM

Who is this guy fucking?

by Anonymousreply 7May 24, 2021 4:03 PM

When will this man be stopped?

by Anonymousreply 8May 24, 2021 4:04 PM

It's just peachy, R6.

by Anonymousreply 9May 24, 2021 4:06 PM

Well, it’s official: Timothee snagged the final Golden Ticket.

by Anonymousreply 10May 24, 2021 4:10 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 24, 2021 4:11 PM

Roald Dahl would NOT like this.

by Anonymousreply 12May 24, 2021 4:15 PM

For those of you who hate this, there is some hope. He has a history of projects going nowhere. The Bob Dylan film, 4000 Miles, Call Me By Your Name sequel.

by Anonymousreply 13May 24, 2021 4:19 PM

Oh I see.

It will be the origin story of Willy Wonka, like they do with super heroes, not a remaking of Charlie And The Chocolate Factory.

by Anonymousreply 14May 24, 2021 4:19 PM

R13 those were indies in need of financing, this is Warner Brothers.

by Anonymousreply 15May 24, 2021 4:26 PM

Ick.

by Anonymousreply 16May 24, 2021 4:29 PM

I hope it's as successful for Chalamate as that Oz movie was for Franco.

by Anonymousreply 17May 24, 2021 4:31 PM

r13 This will be made. I can't see it being any good for his career though. Because this sounds like a terrible idea for a movie, and since its present day WB it'll be too grim for kids, and adults aren't going to want a Willy Wonka origin story so box office won't be great either.

by Anonymousreply 18May 24, 2021 4:32 PM

I hated, hated, hated the Tim Burton remake with Johnny Depp. It was charmless and dull and so unnecessary.

This sounds.... even less promising.

by Anonymousreply 19May 24, 2021 4:34 PM

R15: Yeah that’s true. I guess I meant he has sort of a curse when it comes to getting movies off the ground. Best case scenario this will finally end his leading man career.

by Anonymousreply 20May 24, 2021 4:46 PM

Meh. You could’ve had me. Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 21May 24, 2021 4:56 PM

I remember "origin tales" were very hot in Hollywood a few years ago. Did any of them make as much money as the studios hoped they would?

by Anonymousreply 22May 24, 2021 4:59 PM

"Origin stories" for fictional characters are usually such lazy failures of the imagination. Par for the course in Hollywood.

It's an inexpensive way to leverage existing media and existent marketing and branding with a minimum of actual creativity.

by Anonymousreply 23May 24, 2021 5:04 PM

Willy Wonka had as much depth and development as needed in the original 1971 film. We don't need a fucking origin story: He's a weirdo who makes complicated candies. Enough.

by Anonymousreply 24May 24, 2021 5:15 PM

Why is this happening to us?

by Anonymousreply 25May 24, 2021 5:19 PM

I hope we get to see his wee willy

by Anonymousreply 26May 24, 2021 5:20 PM

R25: Because somebody is determined to make him happen and wants us to suffer.

by Anonymousreply 27May 24, 2021 5:21 PM

I understand he’s a very talented young actor but so are hundreds of others. Why do he keep being offered big roles and big roles.

by Anonymousreply 28May 24, 2021 5:30 PM

R28: He’s sucking the right cocks.

by Anonymousreply 29May 24, 2021 5:31 PM

R24 Exactly. The character of Willy Wonka is a weirdo. He can easily come off as creepy. With the right background and the right actor, there is a chance he could seem sympathetic, but I don't think TC has the humility to pull that off. He's been very fortunate in life, some might say overly fortunate in his career, and he cannot convincingly portray characters who have experienced hardship. He portrays "spoiled rich kid" very well though. He should stick with that.

by Anonymousreply 30May 24, 2021 5:34 PM

Now is the time to cancel Roald Dahl.

Wasn’t that shitty ass Johnny Depp version bad enough?

And you can shut the fuck up with that “don’t like it, don’t watch it“ crap. That’s like saying hold your breath if you don’t like pollution.

by Anonymousreply 31May 24, 2021 5:35 PM

“Four Other Actors Were Linked to Willy Wonka Role Before Timothee Chalamet Landed the Part!

Ryan Gosling

Apparently, Ryan Gosling was a contender for the role back in 2018 when the film was first in development.”

🤣🤣 hes way too old for the role

“Donald Glover

Apparently, Donald Glover was a contender for the role back in 2018 when the film was first in development”

They can’t be serious 🤣🤣🤣🤣

“Ezra Miller

Apparently, Ezra Miller was a contender for the role back in 2018 when the film was first in development.”

😏 being a weirdo surely doesn’t help his career

“Tom Holland As early as January 2021, Tom Holland was also in contention for the role. It reportedly came down to Tom and Timothee, and Timothee won the role. Find out what Timothee will be doing in the movie that he's never done before in a film”

Sorry Tom you are not as good looking and talented as Timothee

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32May 24, 2021 6:33 PM

The original oompa loompas from the novel were like "happy negro slaves"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33May 24, 2021 6:34 PM

Gene Wilder is Wonka.

None of the others have any right to exist.

by Anonymousreply 34May 24, 2021 6:35 PM

Of those choices at R32, only Ezra Miller would do justice to the train-wreck-in-the-making that this will be. Timothée will shrink in the part and be outacted by the gobstoppers. The doomed project requires the Depp-level crazy that Ezra Miller can provide.

by Anonymousreply 35May 24, 2021 7:13 PM

Just for this, I'm giving up chocolate.

by Anonymousreply 36May 24, 2021 7:16 PM

Who did he blow to get this?

by Anonymousreply 37May 24, 2021 7:48 PM

Can't wait, Timmy. Fuck these Datalounge cunts.

by Anonymousreply 38May 24, 2021 7:55 PM

Why does the character have to be white?

by Anonymousreply 39May 24, 2021 7:56 PM

Given how rapidly Tom Holland is aging it's hardly surprising he didn't get it. So many lines and creases.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40May 24, 2021 8:37 PM

R40 it's all the roids. Plus Tom can't act and would make the Oompa Loonpas look like giants.

by Anonymousreply 41May 24, 2021 9:03 PM

R37. Why do you keep asking who he's blown or fucked? Don't you have anything else to contribute than this "Timothee Chalamet IS Willy Wonka! Who is this guy fucking?

Timothee Chalamet IS Willy Wonka! When will this man be stopped?

Timothee Chalamet IS Willy Wonka! For those of you who hate this, there is some hope. He has a history of projects going nowhere. The Bob Dylan film, 4000 Miles, Call Me By Your Name sequel.

Timothee Chalamet IS Willy Wonka! R15: Yeah that’s true. I guess I meant he has sort of a curse when it comes to getting movies off the ground. Best case scenario this will finally end his leading man career.

Timothee Chalamet IS Willy Wonka! Meh. You could’ve had me. Good riddance.

Timothee Chalamet IS Willy Wonka! R25: Because somebody is determined to make him happen and wants us to suffer.

Timothee Chalamet IS Willy Wonka! R28: He’s sucking the right cocks.

Timothee Chalamet IS Willy Wonka! Who did he blow to get this?"

by Anonymousreply 42May 24, 2021 9:04 PM

Haters gonna hate while Timmy keeps winning.

by Anonymousreply 43May 24, 2021 9:05 PM

God this sounds so dumb

by Anonymousreply 44May 24, 2021 9:05 PM

Like the antis aren't going to hatewatch the fuck out of this and us hungry for nostalgia are going to blow up the box office

by Anonymousreply 45May 24, 2021 9:08 PM

R42: I guess you’re one of the obsessive teenage girls or confused middle aged women who are keeping his career going. The fact that you’ve managed to dig up my posting history is creepy. I’m not going to ask and I don’t really care. So why don’t you just shut the fuck up and let me write what I want to write about on here, ok?

by Anonymousreply 46May 24, 2021 9:33 PM

Wasn’t Johnny Depp and Tim Burton’s piece of crap a enough???

by Anonymousreply 47May 24, 2021 9:41 PM

The only way awful origin movies will be stopped is if most of flop hard at the box office.

by Anonymousreply 48May 24, 2021 10:08 PM

R48: I guess Cruella will be the ultimate test for that.

by Anonymousreply 49May 24, 2021 10:14 PM

Well at least his fangirls are going to have to stop with their fantasy of him being an indie film artiste. A superhero franchise is next.

by Anonymousreply 50May 24, 2021 10:27 PM

I guess we shouldn’t expect him to come out anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 51May 24, 2021 11:02 PM

I don’t care what Hollywood says. No one will ever replace Gene Wilder. Don’t Care how many shit reboots they throw at us.

by Anonymousreply 52May 25, 2021 1:51 AM

It was a book before Wilder ever entered the picture.

by Anonymousreply 53May 25, 2021 1:53 AM

Chalamet is so mediocre. He was somehow preordained greatness as an actor from the hype machine.

by Anonymousreply 54May 25, 2021 1:54 AM

Aside from the shitty projects they pick to greenlight the other major problem Hollywood has had for a while is bad casting. Truly abysmal.

by Anonymousreply 55May 25, 2021 1:57 AM

Some people have compared Timmy to Daniel Day-Lewis. He'll never come close.

by Anonymousreply 56May 25, 2021 2:08 AM

Ooooh! King shit!

by Anonymousreply 57May 25, 2021 3:44 AM

Donald Glover as Willy Wonka?!

by Anonymousreply 58May 25, 2021 4:06 AM

If you hate this dude this much, WHY do you talk about him at all?

by Anonymousreply 59May 25, 2021 4:38 AM

You can hate me for saying this, but I was not a fan of Gene Wilder and the first Willy Wonka movie. And the Tim Burton version was a crapfest. I am holding out hope that, thought Chalamet might not be any better, maybe the overall movie will be.

by Anonymousreply 60May 25, 2021 4:54 AM

When will that stupid franchise go AWAY?

by Anonymousreply 61May 25, 2021 5:38 AM

Is he still on to star in a sequel to Call me by your name?

by Anonymousreply 62May 25, 2021 8:48 AM

r54 Could him sleeping with some of the right people earlier in his career have helped bring about that situation? Do we know if he got on well with James Ivory?

by Anonymousreply 63May 25, 2021 8:50 AM

r29 Whose cocks do you reckon he is sucking?

by Anonymousreply 64May 25, 2021 8:52 AM

WHEN will Hollywood stop forcing this repulsive, ugly, talentless cunt down our throats?

Without them doing this he would be a door greeter at Walmart.

Everything he has been in has bombed (except CMBYN) because nobody likes him, he has no charisma and he can't act.

by Anonymousreply 65May 25, 2021 9:54 AM

Willy Wanker might be a more appropriate for another version nobody is asking for.

The Gene Widler version will remain the one.

by Anonymousreply 66May 25, 2021 9:59 AM

R3 I would watch the shit out of a revisionist Wonka story where the Oompa Loompas revolt

by Anonymousreply 67May 25, 2021 10:05 AM

R66 it's not a remake, moron.

by Anonymousreply 68May 25, 2021 10:33 AM

R65 they'll stop obsessing when you do. You're keeping him booked and busy with your obsessing. This is you "

Timothee Chalamet looking delectable in new Dune teaser trailer Timothee Chalamet is hideously ugly and unattractive but Hollywood keeps pushing him down our throats even though they know everybody hates him. He's also a really bad actor.

Dune will be as a big a flop as the last one.

Timothee Chalamet looking delectable in new Dune teaser trailer Incomparable.

One stunning. The other utterly repulsive.

Timothee Chalamet looking delectable in new Dune teaser trailer That's very offensive to lesbians R7.

Nobody wants to be told they look like him.

Timothee Chalamet looking delectable in new Dune teaser trailer Imagine how tiny and pasty white his penis must be...

Timothee Chalamet looking delectable in new Dune teaser trailer Nobody cares slobbering Chalamet troll @ R13."

You want his dick pics so bad.

by Anonymousreply 69May 25, 2021 10:38 AM

If they put him in the Wilder costume he'll look like a cross between the Mad Hatter and the Dormouse. Is that what Dahl intended? Is it?

by Anonymousreply 70May 25, 2021 11:19 AM

R64: @SurvivingAngel If I knew the answer to that, I would suck those cocks. All I can say is he either gives the best blowjob you’ve ever had or Brian Swardstrom is the greatest snake oil salesman of all time.

by Anonymousreply 71May 25, 2021 11:24 AM

The wokes are upset that Willy Wonka wasn’t a disabled trans woman of color sex worker in his youth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72May 25, 2021 11:42 AM

R63 Yes, he seemed to - though possibly that's cooled since the whole Luca taking over and watering down the project thing. But he did stay with Ivory for a time to read the script, and this photo does rather have that 'rent boy taken to dinner with friends' energy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73May 25, 2021 2:36 PM

I wonder if he’s had to show his cock, suck some cocks, or if actual fucking was involved to get all the high profile movie roles in a relatively short amount of time.

by Anonymousreply 74May 25, 2021 4:02 PM

[quote] So why don’t you just shut the fuck up and let me write what I want to write about on here, ok?

That’s not how it works, hun.

by Anonymousreply 75May 25, 2021 4:10 PM

Everyone be forewarned: crazy frau R42/R69 TROLLS POSTERS' COMMENTS, often GOING BACK YEARS. She is a homophobic straight woman who tries to bully DLers via post-shaming them.

A sample of her work in this thread so far:

[quote] R37. Why do you keep asking who he's blown or fucked? Don't you have anything else to contribute than..."Who is this guy fucking?"...

^^^ She then lists EVERY SINGLE COMMENT that the poster has made in this thread. Her MO is posting litanies of DLers supposed sins against her Timmy.

[quote] they'll stop obsessing when you do. You're keeping him booked and busy with your obsessing. This is you...

^^^ She then lists (AGAIN!) EVERY SINGLE COMMENT that poster has made. The obsession here is clearly hers, not others.

She is also obsessed with Armie hate: see the Hammer/Cayman Islands thread, starting with reply 2. Use the ignore button to see her lunacy. She commented at least 40 TIMES in that thread alone. She has done this COUNTLESS TIMES in other chalamet/hammer/chambers threads, yet calls out others as loons and obsessed.

Don't let this creepy homophobic bitch bully on a gay forum. She doesn't belong here and she's a cunt. Use your FFs on her. Hopefully, she'll be red tagged soon, just like Defecto was.

by Anonymousreply 76May 25, 2021 5:43 PM

Accusing others of being obsessed and "proving" it by posting their post history isn't exactly a winning formula. But no-one ever said fangirls were smart.

by Anonymousreply 77May 25, 2021 6:29 PM

Several years ago, I used to read ricidulous threads on the old L Chat. THere was a thread for Kate MckInnon where several of her stupid fangirls kept insisting that could play WIlly Wonka and there were several who said she should have been cast as Genie in the live action movie of Aladdin. Her fangirls over there were annoying as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 78May 25, 2021 6:56 PM

Insane. The word on the street is that H-wood isn't looking for any new material because they have a backlog of projects, mainly Marvel-type crap...and here's ANOTHER REMAKE?

by Anonymousreply 79May 25, 2021 7:12 PM

Whose cock is he sucking? Seriously. He isn’t hot. I don’t get the obsession. I was indifferent to him for a long time, but I cannot deny now that he is the male Elsabeth Moss. Uggos who keep getting forced on us.

by Anonymousreply 80May 25, 2021 7:20 PM

R80: Don’t forget Adam Driver. Even he isn’t getting this many movies.

He could be fucking powerful female executives too. In that case, I’d love to know which pussies he’s licking.

by Anonymousreply 81May 25, 2021 7:24 PM

Adam Driver is an uggo, but at least he seems to have a decent sense of humor. Chalamet comes off as a self-important twat.

by Anonymousreply 82May 25, 2021 7:43 PM

Adam Driver can also at least act.

by Anonymousreply 83May 25, 2021 7:53 PM

R82 I can only assume you've not read many interviews with Driver if you think he doesn't come off as a self-important twat.

Christ, he signed up to the military to get revenge for 9/11 lol.

by Anonymousreply 84May 25, 2021 8:16 PM

Regardless of the casting, this movie sounds idiotic

by Anonymousreply 85May 25, 2021 8:19 PM

You can't help but wonder how Chalamet, despite his mediocrity, is getting all these major roles. There are innumerable actors (and far more talented ones) out there who will never get that lucky break.

I think it's due in no small part to his calculating charm coupled to his pretentious fashionista presence. He's carefully crafted himself as HW's latest shiny object.

Of course, there's probably been some cock sucking and puckering up to pussy, too.

by Anonymousreply 86May 25, 2021 8:41 PM

He really is the male Jennifer Lawrence. Only obsessive teenage girls are interested in this mediocrity. Hopefully he’ll fade as both he and his fans get older.

by Anonymousreply 87May 25, 2021 8:48 PM

[quote] I guess Cruella will be the ultimate test for that.

It would be hilarious if that flopped.

by Anonymousreply 88May 25, 2021 8:51 PM

He’s sucking Toby Emmerich’s cock. He’s the current chairman of the Warner Bros. Pictures Group.

by Anonymousreply 89May 25, 2021 9:12 PM

R86: Yeah it's unfortunate. Somebody like Jharrel Jerome is never going to have the kind of career Mouseboy is having.

by Anonymousreply 90May 25, 2021 9:14 PM

R90, who??????

Enough of the right people think that Chalamet is not only talented but ridiculously pretty and has many, many years ahead to keep getting hired.

by Anonymousreply 91May 26, 2021 2:55 AM

🤔 Willie Wonka is gay?

[italic] Who knew !

by Anonymousreply 92May 26, 2021 3:01 AM

R90 Jharrel Jerome needs some kind of major breakout movie role to help his career.

by Anonymousreply 93May 26, 2021 4:23 AM

r71 Ooh thanks for the heads up just googled him!!

by Anonymousreply 94May 26, 2021 5:26 AM

Are you trying to say those are all my posts R69?

They aren't.

But look at you going up and down this thread, stalking and harassing the posters you don't agree with and teaching them all a lesson. You're deeply unhinged and clearly mentally ill. You should be permanently banned from DL.

Now. Just fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 95May 26, 2021 5:33 AM

R76 How's it going these days being an Armie Hammer stan? Lmao. How's the Hammily going? You really sound angry. All the full caps. You really hate Timothée huh? All those allegations of him prostituting himself when Armie faces sexual assault charges. Lmao. You have at least 3 sock accounts claiming he's sucking cock. Methinks his lawyer knows who you are. I'll post your posting history below so people can see what you're about. Below.

by Anonymousreply 96May 26, 2021 8:02 AM

R76 at his Timothée hating self. The history is crazy:

"Chalamet and Friends Part 52 It wasn't actually gossip. Most of it was frau (tweens and fangurls included) fanfic and Liz haters, which have been dominating the discussions in the TC threads going back to at least the Fall 2018.

Chalamet and Friends Part 52 If their marriage is in a nose dive, as all the Liz haters love to proudly boast, why in the fucking world would they post a picture like this? The collective psychosis is unbelievable. Couples who have lost all love for each other don't post things like this prior to a supposed (predicted) in-the-near-future divorce. But, oh wait, Armie's hiding his face. How could I not see that. It's now very OBVIOUS that he dgaf and hates his marriage, because he's thinking about Timmy. It totally makes sense now. I ship.

Armie Hammer’s wife now just gristle clinging to bone powder Shut. This. Thread. Down.

Muriel, you have the power of permanently banning me, but I don't care anymore. All I'm asking is that you just shut these cunts off once and for all. I will thank you with an epitaph on my gravestone.

Armie Hammer’s wife now just gristle clinging to bone powder Chalamet threads 53 and 54 are now both behind a paywall. Why the fuck isn't this one and the other recent Armie thread on subscription only as well? They are obviously garbage posts from the mouths of the enemy...the hetro frauen. WTF? I won't cough up the dough, Muriel!

Armie Hammer’s wife now just gristle clinging to bone powder Rotting fish juice, all of you.

Armie Hammer’s wife now just gristle clinging to bone powder Do you skanks fill your cunts with fanfic Timmy cum every night?

Armie Hammer’s wife now just gristle clinging to bone powder I smell dead fish.

Armie Hammer’s wife now just gristle clinging to bone powder Is there a cunt here who's gash doesn't stink?"

by Anonymousreply 97May 26, 2021 8:25 AM

^^ This Timothée hater is obsessed with who he's fucking. Methinks he wishes it was him LMAO

by Anonymousreply 98May 26, 2021 8:25 AM

Dear Timothée Chalamet's lawyers,

That particular Timothée hater is very imterestinh bc he was an advocate for Armie's marriage but that hater, r76, thought Timothée was fucking every person in the world besides the women he was seen with bc they're convinced Timothée is gay but only fucking men who aren't Armie Hammer. LMAO. A CMBYN fan who hated the shipping but wanted to hammer home that Timothée was gay. Now he's accusing Timothée of sleeping with producers at Warnerbros. Even named someone.

Yours truly,

Concerned Citizen

by Anonymousreply 99May 26, 2021 8:32 AM

This is also the same poster as r76. Accounts for 90% of the comments in this thread. Even asking himself questions: " Timothee Chalamet IS Willy Wonka! Who is this guy fucking?

Timothee Chalamet IS Willy Wonka! When will this man be stopped?

Timothee Chalamet IS Willy Wonka! For those of you who hate this, there is some hope. He has a history of projects going nowhere. The Bob Dylan film, 4000 Miles, Call Me By Your Name sequel.

Timothee Chalamet IS Willy Wonka! R15: Yeah that’s true. I guess I meant he has sort of a curse when it comes to getting movies off the ground. Best case scenario this will finally end his leading man career.

Timothee Chalamet IS Willy Wonka! Meh. You could’ve had me. Good riddance.

Timothee Chalamet IS Willy Wonka! R25: Because somebody is determined to make him happen and wants us to suffer.

Timothee Chalamet IS Willy Wonka! R28: He’s sucking the right cocks.

Timothee Chalamet IS Willy Wonka! Who did he blow to get this?

Timothee Chalamet IS Willy Wonka! R42: I guess you’re one of the obsessive teenage girls or confused middle aged women who are keeping his career going. The fact that you’ve managed to dig up my posting history is creepy. I’m not going to ask and I don’t really care. So why don’t you just shut the fuck up and let me write what I want to write about on here, ok?

Timothee Chalamet IS Willy Wonka! R48: I guess Cruella will be the ultimate test for that.

Timothee Chalamet IS Willy Wonka! I guess we shouldn’t expect him to come out anytime soon.

Timothee Chalamet IS Willy Wonka! R64: @SurvivingAngel If I knew the answer to that, I would suck those cocks. All I can say is he either gives the best blowjob you’ve ever had or Brian Swardstrom is the greatest snake oil salesman of all time.

Timothee Chalamet IS Willy Wonka! I wonder if he’s had to show his cock, suck some cocks, or if actual fucking was involved to get all the high profile movie roles in a relatively short amount of time.

Timothee Chalamet IS Willy Wonka! R80: Don’t forget Adam Driver. Even he isn’t getting this many movies.

He could be fucking powerful female executives too. In that case, I’d love to know which pussies he’s licking.

Timothee Chalamet IS Willy Wonka! Adam Driver can also at least act.

Timothee Chalamet IS Willy Wonka! He really is the male Jennifer Lawrence. Only obsessive teenage girls are interested in this mediocrity. Hopefully he’ll fade as both he and his fans get older.

Timothee Chalamet IS Willy Wonka! He’s sucking Toby Emmerich’s cock. He’s the current chairman of the Warner Bros. Pictures Group.

Timothee Chalamet IS Willy Wonka! R86: Yeah it's unfortunate. Somebody like Jharrel Jerome is never going to have the kind of career Mouseboy is having."

by Anonymousreply 100May 26, 2021 8:39 AM

Jesus Fucking Christ R100/R97/R69 and all the rest of your completely unhinged batshit crazy posts in this thread.

Just stop. You're a level of special drooling insane loon we don't see on DL often.

It's people like you that make the rest of us loathe Chalamet - just like Janbot did to Janet Jackson. You should be permanently banned.

by Anonymousreply 101May 26, 2021 12:52 PM

R101 this your other sock, r76? I noticed because of your obsession with Timothee's penis and the fact you're an ugly Armie Hammer stan LMAO. How's stanning the accused rapist going for you, Boyo? Here are some of your posts:

"Timothee Chalamet looking delectable in new Dune teaser trailer Imagine how tiny and pasty white his penis must be...

Timothee Chalamet looking delectable in new Dune teaser trailer Nobody cares slobbering Chalamet troll @ R13.

Armie Hammer Reveals He's Been Working in Construction and Living with Friend for the Past 2 Months I'd like to see his cock."

By the way, Hammer has a micropenis apparently.

by Anonymousreply 102May 26, 2021 1:45 PM

It's sad r76 has multiple socks to pretend there are several people posting when it's just him. He's usually seen on twitter spouting #supportarmiehammer. Sadly, I don't exaggerate.

by Anonymousreply 103May 26, 2021 1:48 PM

He’s been extremely lucky. He hasn’t really faced any competition and Hollywood loves a mediocre white boy. For a while Ansel seemed to be his closest competition but he’s pretty much over now. Tom Holland’s non-Marvel movies have flopped so I don’t think his appeal is that strong.

by Anonymousreply 104May 26, 2021 2:35 PM

He really hasn’t sufficiently proven that he can put asses on theater seats. Certainly not enough to get the leading man parts in studio films. Even in his early days when he was declared the “it boy,” “the next DiCaprio,” and “a once in a generation talent,” most of his films didn’t exactly light up at the box office. Granted Beautiful Boy and The King were arthouse indie films but still you’d think there would be at least a decent showing. Little Women was an ensemble piece and I really don’t think its commercial success was due in large part to him.

by Anonymousreply 105May 26, 2021 2:41 PM

All of them, r64.

by Anonymousreply 106May 26, 2021 2:44 PM

The irony of a man who looks like an emaciated POW playing the owner of a candy factory...

by Anonymousreply 107May 26, 2021 2:44 PM

We live in a day and age where we’re forced to accept mediocre people as impressive. For example, Kamala Harris is thoroughly mediocre but if you don’t acknowledge her divinity you wind up on her list.

by Anonymousreply 108May 26, 2021 2:54 PM

What does she have to do with Chalamet, r108?

by Anonymousreply 109May 26, 2021 3:20 PM

R109: Reread the first sentence.

by Anonymousreply 110May 26, 2021 3:25 PM

He's an ugly fucker

by Anonymousreply 111May 26, 2021 3:25 PM

Chalamet needs to get back to live theatre if he wants to be taken seriously. His choice of movie material is for shit.

by Anonymousreply 112May 26, 2021 3:46 PM

^He should’ve taken a page from Emma Stone’s book. She doesn’t overexpose herself and has struck the perfect balance between commercial and arthouse films.

by Anonymousreply 113May 26, 2021 5:24 PM

He’s already taken seriously. Now he wants to be a STAR.

by Anonymousreply 114May 26, 2021 7:25 PM

He clearly pays attention to what other actors are doing. The Bob Dylan film was announced after Rami Malek and Taron Egerton found success doing biographical musical fantasies. Also, I don't think it's a coincidence that this was announced the same week another origin story Cruella is being released.

Yeah he wants to be a star and specifically a leading man.

by Anonymousreply 115May 26, 2021 7:41 PM

[quote]I think it's due in no small part to his calculating charm

This isn't even an opinion, it's a fact. Basically every celeb who talks about meeting him talks about how he fanboyed out over them, which of course they love.

by Anonymousreply 116May 26, 2021 9:05 PM

r71 Wow! I definitely think he has blowjob lips like the best of gay pornstars BUT why all the focus on blowjobs fantastic as they are... I'm sure some of these influential Hollywood bigwigs would be interested in saying his ass indeed his whole body!!

by Anonymousreply 117May 26, 2021 10:04 PM

What happened to that break he promised he was gonna take?

by Anonymousreply 118May 26, 2021 10:26 PM

R116 He's known for being very charming to other celebrities, but not so sweet to overweight girls when he was in high school. He picked on one so badly she had to transfer. Once a bully, always a bully.

by Anonymousreply 119May 26, 2021 10:50 PM

Noooo! The vomitous Depp and Burton remake was enough.

by Anonymousreply 120May 26, 2021 11:25 PM

R119 I saw that. Plus the story about him meeting a girl at a party, then arranging to hook up later in the week, and when they did he said "you're not as attractive as I thought you were". There was also someone on here years ago, who posted he was known as a bully in the building where he lived as a child (Manhattan Plaza).

Besides, anyone who raps about getting head is a douche.

Apparently he's shooting another film with Luca now, based on some young adult novel called Bones & All, just announced Mark Rylance has joined the cast.

by Anonymousreply 121May 26, 2021 11:41 PM

There's an actual sequel to the book that they have yet to make a film of.

by Anonymousreply 122May 26, 2021 11:45 PM

Dune is heading to Venice, The French Dispatch is heading to Cannes, he’s hosting the Met Ball, and Don’t Look Up is coming out in November or December. His people want by the end of the year everyone to know his name.

by Anonymousreply 123May 27, 2021 1:51 AM

Hmm, that seems a risky strategy. Going to be very easy for people to get fed up of constantly seeing his name. Especially when he'll have three films all out at roughly the same time.

by Anonymousreply 124May 27, 2021 2:46 AM

I'm sick of Roald Dahl's shit being remade and rehashed. Because these new versions of his work SUCK. He must be spinning in his grave at all this crap. Roald Dahl hated the movie business. I think he would be appalled at what's being done to his storytelling. But his second wife, Felicity "Liccy" Dahl has taken to movie producing like a duck to water. I don't think she'll ever stop trying to get everything he's done made into a movie or a miniseries. She loves the attention and God knows she loves the money.

By the way the Cruella De Ville prequel is said to be dreadful.

by Anonymousreply 125May 27, 2021 2:54 AM

R125 The reviews for it are odd, they basically say it has no reason to exist, the film itself doesn't make a case for it to exist, and is essentially pointless...but then say it's a good way to pass two hours and it's getting about 70% on Rotten Tomatoes.

by Anonymousreply 126May 27, 2021 2:59 AM

r122 Are you meaning a sequel to Call me by your name? I read one of the costars in that film said they think eventually they will shoot the sequel in a few years regardless of the Armie Hammer scandal. He said the will to make it is still strong.

by Anonymousreply 127May 27, 2021 3:19 AM

I love the Chalamet haters on DL, they always have the latest news and gossip.

by Anonymousreply 128May 27, 2021 3:48 AM

Chalamet desperately wants Johnny Depp's career, but he lacks the talent, and most importantly, EDGE. Timothee is so prissy. He could never carry a movie like "Blow". A few more bombs and he'll be relegated to TV, if he can get it.

by Anonymousreply 129May 27, 2021 3:55 AM

R2 = Chrissy Teigen

by Anonymousreply 130May 27, 2021 3:58 AM

I don't think watching some stupid Cruella De Ville prequel is "a good way to pass two hours." I think it's a complete waste of time.

by Anonymousreply 131May 27, 2021 4:07 AM

Hey r123 do you sleep? Yesterday you were having an emtire conversation with yourself. Don't you recognize the insanut? For someone wondering why he is the status he is and whether he fucked his way to the top you should question why you think this way when you find him utterly so fascinating you actually follow his schedule. I will post your history for anyone who is interested to see you talking to yourself but if you look further you'll notice not only do you follow his career as closely as his fans but you also follow his private life with the same enthusiasm. Do you think you will end his career? He's not that important but you've put him on a pedestal to own your mind. Good luck. (See below for your rantings)

by Anonymousreply 132May 27, 2021 8:41 AM

This is r123 and r76. Some of the other posts are his socks.

"imothee Chalamet IS Willy Wonka! He’s been extremely lucky. He hasn’t really faced any competition and Hollywood loves a mediocre white boy. For a while Ansel seemed to be his closest competition but he’s pretty much over now. Tom Holland’s non-Marvel movies have flopped so I don’t think his appeal is that strong.

Timothee Chalamet IS Willy Wonka! He really hasn’t sufficiently proven that he can put asses on theater seats. Certainly not enough to get the leading man parts in studio films. Even in his early days when he was declared the “it boy,” “the next DiCaprio,” and “a once in a generation talent,” most of his films didn’t exactly light up at the box office. Granted Beautiful Boy and The King were arthouse indie films but still you’d think there would be at least a decent showing. Little Women was an ensemble piece and I really don’t think its commercial success was due in large part to him.

Timothee Chalamet IS Willy Wonka! We live in a day and age where we’re forced to accept mediocre people as impressive. For example, Kamala Harris is thoroughly mediocre but if you don’t acknowledge her divinity you wind up on her list.

Timothee Chalamet IS Willy Wonka! R109: Reread the first sentence.

Timothee Chalamet IS Willy Wonka! ^He should’ve taken a page from Emma Stone’s book. She doesn’t overexpose herself and has struck the perfect balance between commercial and arthouse films.

Timothee Chalamet IS Willy Wonka! He clearly pays attention to what other actors are doing. The Bob Dylan film was announced after Rami Malek and Taron Egerton found success doing biographical musical fantasies. Also, I don't think it's a coincidence that this was announced the same week another origin story Cruella is being released.

Yeah he wants to be a star and specifically a leading man.

Timothee Chalamet IS Willy Wonka! What happened to that break he promised he was gonna take?

Timothee Chalamet IS Willy Wonka! Dune is heading to Venice, The French Dispatch is heading to Cannes, he’s hosting the Met Ball, and Don’t Look Up is coming out in November or December. His people want by the end of the year everyone to know his name."

by Anonymousreply 133May 27, 2021 8:42 AM

This charming actor is making a huge impact on a lot of people.

by Anonymousreply 134May 27, 2021 11:17 AM

Can we fucking block already that homophobic straight bitch troll who digs up your entire posting history?

by Anonymousreply 135May 27, 2021 12:13 PM

R133: Fuck off cunt

by Anonymousreply 136May 27, 2021 12:21 PM

What is his obsession with Johnny Depp? Fucking his daughter, Edward Scissorhands, and now this flop in the making?

by Anonymousreply 137May 27, 2021 12:42 PM

R136 & R135 - Half this thread and ALL of the batshit crazy in this thread instantly disappears when you block R133.

It's white padded room level insane and should be permanently banned from DL.

by Anonymousreply 138May 27, 2021 1:04 PM

R103/R133, I don't have sock puppet accounts on here or anywhere else. Nor do I go on Twitter to defend Armie, you certifiable whack job.

You are an absolutely insane, festering gash and your exposé of post histories only serves as further evidence of your reprobate mind.

You confuse attention, interest, notice, and leisurely pursuit with obsession. DLers have been following the lives of male celebrities since the day this site came online. We routinely comment on male actors' looks, loves, professional lives, personal lives, and, fantasize on the size of their cocks, the girth of their asses and who they fuck. It's a gay thing. It's a human thing.

But, you wouldn't know that, because you're a sexless straight, homophobic, demented twat who comes here for one thing: in defense of your precious manboy and propagating Armie hate. It's a safe bet you've never even viewed or commented on any other thread.

You're a sick bitch. Hopefully, Muriel will get wind of you and ban you for good.

by Anonymousreply 139May 27, 2021 2:41 PM

^^ meant to say "any other type of thread."

by Anonymousreply 140May 27, 2021 3:01 PM

R129: Television is now considered superior to film. There's no stigma attached to it anymore but yeah it's the place you go when your film career begins to thin out. A few more bombs and he'll be begging to get a limited series.

by Anonymousreply 141May 27, 2021 3:37 PM

He needs to do another erotic drama or thriller.

by Anonymousreply 142May 27, 2021 6:28 PM

r142 He's currently shooting Bones & All, a bit of a thriller with erotic undertones. Your wish has come true!

by Anonymousreply 143May 27, 2021 8:46 PM

Yeah it’s an erotic thriller about cannibalism. I kid you not.

by Anonymousreply 144May 27, 2021 9:19 PM

R139 As annoying as it is to have your posting history copy pasted on this thread, the "interest" many here have for Chalamet does border on obsession. Don't misunderstand, I personally don't mind at all, as DL is the one stop shop for getting the latest on Chalamet, because the haters always provide the goods.

by Anonymousreply 145May 27, 2021 10:19 PM

R73: We fucked that boy good. Look where he is now.

by Anonymousreply 146May 28, 2021 1:17 AM

r143 Wonderful thank you!!

by Anonymousreply 147May 28, 2021 8:36 AM

r146 Did you forget James Ivory?

by Anonymousreply 148May 28, 2021 8:41 AM

VIDEO = Timothees DELETED IG Pix......Guess who is wearing a SKIRT at the 26 second mark?....Queeny Bottom Timmy...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149May 28, 2021 8:42 AM

you bitches really project your fantasy onto him loooooooooooooooooool

by Anonymousreply 150May 29, 2021 1:39 AM

r73 Yes I totally get some of the vibes you are picking up particularly with the revelation he went to stay with James Ivory for a while.

r149 Interesting thank you!

by Anonymousreply 151May 29, 2021 1:50 AM

Does he really think he'll get anything even remotely resembling Depp's career? At best he'll get a Jake Gyllenhaal type career. He'll make a bunch of movies nobody cares about.

by Anonymousreply 152May 29, 2021 2:45 AM

r152 Jake has made some really good movies like Nightcrawler and Southpaw which film history will be kind too.

by Anonymousreply 153May 29, 2021 2:46 AM

Will this rat faced fuck just go away? He must be blackmailing Hollywood execs cause it ain't talent.

by Anonymousreply 154May 29, 2021 3:48 AM

R154: And definitely not looks.

by Anonymousreply 155May 29, 2021 3:58 AM

You have one person with multiple sock accounts posting hate. They are obsessed. If you check history you'll find they only post on Timothée threads to spread hate. It's kind of funny. Every casting announcement leads to a similar meltdown.

"Timothee Chalamet IS Willy Wonka! VIDEO = Timothees DELETED IG Pix......Guess who is wearing a SKIRT at the 26 second mark?....Queeny Bottom Timmy...

Closeted Gay Daddy called the police after being robbed by a male sex worker! " being robbed while waiting in a motel room for a sex worker he had arranged to meet on Craigslist"......Craigslist doesn't allow adult ads anymore. This story is incorrect.

Timothée Chalamet's shocking VPL boner on Bones set! OP = Clickbait Trash....And you all fell for it....

Timothée Chalamet might show his huge dick in The French Dispatch OP sounds like vagrant old trash who messages strangers on FB to tell them what he likes sexually even though you didn't ask. I love those guys because I screenshot it and post it for everyone to read. .

Timothée Chalamet might show his huge dick in The French Dispatch Timothee Chalamet is a closeted feminine LadyBoy.....Nothing hung or hot about him. He even had to wear a padded shirt to fill out his costume in Dune (which has been widely reported). No thank you.

Timothee Chalamet to co-host the Met Ball in September Timothee looks like the guy you fuck and then realize he was a complete waste of time and had nothing smart to say ."

by Anonymousreply 156May 29, 2021 10:32 AM

Chalamet has such a punchable face.

by Anonymousreply 157May 29, 2021 10:49 AM

r157 Not a kissable face then? I think his face is arguably quite kissable.

by Anonymousreply 158May 29, 2021 12:50 PM

People say his mother, uncle, and aunt are the reason why he is where he is today. They probably got him in the door but I don’t think they have that much power. The mother is a former actress but she never did anything of substance. The only thing the aunt was ever really behind was In Treatment. His uncle was probably the most influential in his career since he directed several sitcoms such as Chicago Hope and The Office. So while his family and specifically his uncle got him in the door, he definitely slept with people like Swardstrom and Guadagnino to get the opportunities he has now.

by Anonymousreply 159May 30, 2021 7:45 PM

He is the definition of white mediocrity, being hailed as genius and legendary before he has proven himself to be either.

by Anonymousreply 160May 30, 2021 7:50 PM

I can totally see him ending up with a Jennifer Lawrence type career. After a while people get sick of the mediocrity and overexposure and then their movies bomb.

by Anonymousreply 161May 30, 2021 7:55 PM

R159 Yeah, the fact he got signed by an agent like Swardstrom from basically nothing tells you all you need to know. And then getting Elio because Swardstrom's husband was a producer of CMBYN. He's had a very charmed career so far. And we've already seen how poorly he reacts when things don't go his way - like crying about being cut from Interstellar, or his reaction to not being an awards darling the second time round.

by Anonymousreply 162May 30, 2021 8:57 PM

R162: He knew a win was out of the question but he campaigned his ass off for that Beautiful Boy nomination. Given that he had nonstop media cheerleading, he probably thought he would get a consecutive nomination a la Jennifer Lawrence. You could see the anger on his face at the SAG Awards. The fact that he brought it up in that GQ piece tells you how bitter he still is about it.

by Anonymousreply 163May 30, 2021 9:07 PM

R159 and R162 I doubt that was the nature of his relationship with either of those men. He was amazingly perfect (and inexpensive) for the part of Elio so the agent (who was married to the producer) and the director profited from his starring in CMBYN. I doubt that the film would have been successful without him because the story itself is boring, shallow, and plotless. That said, I think he's a conceited little shit with a history of bullying women and usually a mediocre actor. He was especially unappealing in Little Women, alternatively pouting and smirking throughout.

by Anonymousreply 164May 30, 2021 9:33 PM

Swardstrom was representing him before CMYBN, so his suitability to play Elio didn't play a part in Swardstrom taking him on as a client. I don't know exactly when Swardstrom signed him, but he was his agent in 2013, and by that point his biggest role was Homeland.

[quote]Swardstrom’s clients at WME included actors Edward Norton, Tilda Swinton, Damian Lewis, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Ben Foster, Emile Hirsch, Rooney Mara, Michael C. Hall, Diane Lane, Claire Danes, Michael Douglas, Patrick Stewart, Richard Gere, Jessica Lange, John Lithgow, David Oyelowo, Jonathan Groff, Jamie Bell, Scott Speedman, Ray Stevenson, Bill Paxton, Julie Christie, Tracey Ullman and Frances McDormand; and filmmakers Sam Taylor-Johnson, Luca Guadagnino and Oren Moverman; among many others.

That's from 2014. So an agent with that kind of client base agrees to represent a kid with basically no resume without something else going on? Nah, I don't think so. Favours of some kind, sexual, nepotism or something.

by Anonymousreply 165May 30, 2021 10:07 PM

R165: A lot of agents get their clients via referrals but yeah an elite agency like UTA signs a kid with really only one big acting job and without any kind of deal being made. Either the uncle bribed UTA or Timmy and Brian had sex.

by Anonymousreply 166May 30, 2021 10:27 PM

If you can’t stand him, just don’t go see his movies. He will go away. It’s working for Jon Hamm.

by Anonymousreply 167May 31, 2021 12:06 AM

r162 What kind of agent is Swardstrom? could you elaborate a little please?

by Anonymousreply 168May 31, 2021 12:45 AM

R168 A successful one with successful clients - see the list of clients I posted at R165.

by Anonymousreply 169May 31, 2021 1:00 AM

Thanks r169 Just read back .Sounds like you are sold on the strong likelihood that Timothee gave out his ass and or a fantastic blowjob to secure career progression.

by Anonymousreply 170May 31, 2021 1:30 AM

[quote] Swardstrom was representing him before CMYBN, so his suitability to play Elio didn't play a part in Swardstrom taking him on as a client. I don't know exactly when Swardstrom signed him, but he was his agent in 2013, and by that point his biggest role was Homeland

I think the opposite is true. Swardstrom took Chalamet on as a client precisely due to his assessment that he was perfect for the role.

It was a serendipitous chain of events: in 2012 Swardstrom was Damien Lewis' agent, who was starring in Homeland; Timothee was in the same TV series with Damien, who then recommends him to Swardstrom, who subsequently sees him as Elio and then suggests him to CMBYN producer Spears; they introduce him to Luca who concurs, and the rest is history.

by Anonymousreply 171May 31, 2021 2:38 AM

[quote] He is the definition of white mediocrity

So what exactly does race have to do with it, racist?

by Anonymousreply 172May 31, 2021 2:40 AM

The idea that he slept with Swardstrom or Guadagnino is ridiculous. Stop making shit up. I mean, it's hot to think so, but it's not true.

The actor Damian Lewis recommended him to his agent Brian Swardstrom when Chalamet was in Homeland. Clearly Chalamet has the social and networking skills to make people like him and respect him as an actor, regardless of what people assume here.

It's been written here ad nauseam, but it bears repeating: you don't have to follow his career or watch his movies if you don't like him. It's fine, really.

by Anonymousreply 173May 31, 2021 2:41 AM

R170 I don't think he got taken on as a client solely based on talent. I don't know if it was sexual favours, or family connections, or something like that. But I don't believe for a second it was talent alone.

R171 Sounds far too much like a Hollywood story, and we all know those are bullshit.

R173 If you think the idea of anyone fucking Luca or Swardstrom is hot, you have tragic taste. And if you can't cope with people posting non-positive things about Chalamet, go back to your fangirl bubble on Tumblr.

by Anonymousreply 174May 31, 2021 2:51 AM

R165, Damian Lewis referred Swardstrom to Chalamet from them working on that Homeland show. Some of you people hate this kid so much that you're making up disturbing lies about him and his sexuality just out of spite and boredom.

by Anonymousreply 175May 31, 2021 3:39 AM

Interesting how all the fangirls picked up on the sexual part but then go silent about the fact I said it could've also been family connections or something else like that. Hmm.

But sure, cling to the idea that every actor who's ever been recommended by another actor gets signed by their agent.

by Anonymousreply 176May 31, 2021 4:05 AM

R176 If it makes you happy to hate Chalamet, keep knocking yourself out. The man is living his best life while you seethe.

by Anonymousreply 177May 31, 2021 7:26 AM

R50 this is the only superhero can see Timothee playing:

Artie- The strongest man...in the world!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178May 31, 2021 11:25 AM

He’s getting his first producing credit on Bones and All.

by Anonymousreply 179May 31, 2021 10:59 PM

The jealousy on this thread is amusing.

by Anonymousreply 180June 1, 2021 1:14 PM

You’d think Warner Brothers would wait until after Dune comes out. Most studios won’t give away their money until they know for sure an actor can put asses on theater seats. They learned that the hard way with Jennifer Lawrence.

by Anonymousreply 181June 1, 2021 1:24 PM

R177 If it makes you happy to worship Chalamet, keep knocking yourself out. The man is living his best life while looking down upon you, as he does all non-celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 182June 1, 2021 5:11 PM

Nobody is jealous of a mediocre narcissist. The jealously is about how he got all this success without earning it. Simply because he fit the IT boy credentials.

by Anonymousreply 183June 1, 2021 5:24 PM

I agree with what somebody mentioned earlier: don't see his films. Hollywood is all about money in the end. So just avoid his films and in no time he'll be doing limited series if he's lucky.

by Anonymousreply 184June 1, 2021 5:36 PM

If you don't like him, don't stream or buy tickets to the projects he is cast in. Same with Adam Driver.

by Anonymousreply 185June 1, 2021 5:40 PM

Not reading all this, but he does oddly resemble Wilder.

by Anonymousreply 186June 1, 2021 5:44 PM

r184 his films don't make money, that's what's so hilarious about his fame. He is where he is because of media hype.

by Anonymousreply 187June 2, 2021 1:37 AM

R180 Isn't it? So much wasted energy hating on an actor, of all people.

by Anonymousreply 188June 2, 2021 1:55 AM

R187: Well to be fair he really hasn't been tested on whether he can put butts on theater seats. Dune and Wonka will tell us that. Beautiful Boy and The King didn't exactly light up the box office. Granted those were arthouse indies but after a year of being declared the "it boy," "the next DiCaprio," and a "once in a generation talent" you'd think those films would pull in decent numbers. Little Women was an ensemble piece and I doubt its commercial success was due in large part to him.

I agree with you though that he is where he is because of fantastic PR and a powerhouse agent. Swardstrom is heavily invested in TimoTay because he knows he'll make more money on him than any other client. Still, I always thought there was something more to their relationship. An elite agency signs a kid with no resume and on talent alone...

by Anonymousreply 189June 2, 2021 1:58 AM

R188 It's not hate. It's snark, which most actors receive on DL. It takes very little energy and even less emotion. And why not direct that at an actor? They are very fortunate, often undeserving people with overly high opinions of themselves. Snark is exactly what's called for.

by Anonymousreply 190June 2, 2021 3:15 AM

R182 R190

I don't take this as seriously as you do. I think it's fun to follow this young actor's career, but it has no effect on my life. Of course he doesn't think of me, or you, or anyone who shit posts here, why would he? I don't see the point of snarking about someone who doesn't know we exist, but since you seem miserable and this clearly makes you feel better about yourself, go right ahead. I will be blocking you as you are utterly boring.

by Anonymousreply 191June 2, 2021 4:27 AM

[quote] I don't see the point of snarking about someone who doesn't know we exist

R191 You don't see the point? Do you know where you are? If there's any online forum where there's no point to much of anything, this place is it. DL is the definition of pointlessness. There isn't a celeb young or old that doesn't get reamed about one thing or another. Just because we can.

If you're so miffed and peeved over the put downs, insults and degradation of this guy, you are free to wander over to tumblr, tapatalk, IG, FB, et al, to bathe in the troughs of fan worship that are aplenty in those spaces.

by Anonymousreply 192June 2, 2021 6:38 PM

Don't kid yourself, R191. You take this subject VERY seriously, to the point of blocking someone who dares to criticize your darling young actor. You've posted a lot more comments about him here than I have and seem to have little else to say on any other subject on the site. And yet you call others "obsessive". Look in the mirror. While I'm now bored with the subject of Chalamet, I find you to be annoying and disingenuous so you are likewise blocked. There. Now I do feel better.

by Anonymousreply 193June 2, 2021 9:36 PM

it's an "origins" movie, apparently

by Anonymousreply 194June 2, 2021 9:43 PM

[quote]It's not hate. It's snark

To the fangirls, anything which isn't adoring praise is hate. Just one of the reasons they're so tedious.

by Anonymousreply 195June 2, 2021 10:32 PM

R192 "do you know where you're at?" You say that alot. Yet you're usually the first person having full cap meltdowns and maniacally posting. We can see through you, you poor sexless douche. I feel your pain every time you post. Lmao

by Anonymousreply 196June 3, 2021 7:28 AM

R195 you don’t get laid very often, do you? Snark is actually amusing. You're just raging at this point. Calm down. He's not going anywhere except to a theater near you. Enjoy his movies that you probably watch daily with your dick in your hand.

by Anonymousreply 197June 3, 2021 7:30 AM

R196/R197 is the same troll who posts people's post histories - and then they're accusing others of "raging" and having "meltdowns"! Hilarious, these fangirls have no capacity for self-reflection at all. Mind you, given how most of them look that's probably a blessing for them.

by Anonymousreply 198June 3, 2021 7:36 AM

R198 lmao. I knew it was you. So you're an Armie fan who hates Timothee so much you're spreading slander about him sleeping his way to the top? Armie's downfall must be making you lose sleep and hair. Must suck to be you. Tell us more...

by Anonymousreply 199June 3, 2021 8:39 AM

With any amount of luck, it will be HIS final Golden Ticket.

by Anonymousreply 200June 3, 2021 9:04 AM

Wasn’t this a big failure on Broadway recently? They should just leave well enough alone.

by Anonymousreply 201June 3, 2021 9:57 AM

R199 You seem to be under the mistaken impression that there's only one person who thinks you're a trollish loon.

by Anonymousreply 202June 3, 2021 10:59 AM

R202 oops I forgot you have multiple personalities.

by Anonymousreply 203June 3, 2021 11:48 AM

Like an obnoxiously spoiled child, R196/R197/R199 thinks it can bully people into giving in to their intimidation.

It also thinks (mistakenly) that by going on middle school-level tirades, followed by post-history dumps and delusional false accusations, that it's revealing the true nature of the poster. Oh, the irony.

Insane people don't know that they're acting crazy. And they continue on as though nothing is wrong with them. R196 fits the bill perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 204June 3, 2021 5:43 PM

R196 R197 R199 You are the only person making sense here. Keep exposing these people as the obsessed fangirls they are. It's amusing.

by Anonymousreply 205June 3, 2021 8:38 PM

Do you two think anyone else cares?

by Anonymousreply 206June 3, 2021 9:35 PM

You replied, so clearly you do care.

by Anonymousreply 207June 3, 2021 9:46 PM

So that means you do too? Not the cleverest, these fangirls.

by Anonymousreply 208June 3, 2021 11:06 PM

I'm sick of the media mob saying he got here because of luck, talent, and sheer hard work. He's been privileged his whole life. He barely got into LaGuardia. A respected teacher had to write him a letter of recommendation and that's how he got in. The aunt or uncle got him the job on Homeland and that led to being repped by UTA.

by Anonymousreply 209June 4, 2021 12:47 AM

R208 Yes, I do care now. How angry this actor makes all of you is highly entertaining. Please continue.

by Anonymousreply 210June 4, 2021 5:21 AM

Cool, if it's entertaining then that means you'll be stopping your attempts to get us to stop then, right? Excellent.

by Anonymousreply 211June 4, 2021 5:29 PM

I believe there is a Gap in your sentence, r211.

by Anonymousreply 212June 4, 2021 6:21 PM

R211 Yes, please. The worst thing you could do to Chalamet is to not talk about him, but you are too dim to understand that. Please continue giving him all the attention you want. It keeps bumping up this thread. Bless your heart.

by Anonymousreply 213June 4, 2021 7:16 PM

R213 Funny then that you're all over this thread trying to stop people talking about him, with rather poor attempts to bluff like you just attempted. But like I said, you'll stop doing that now, right?

by Anonymousreply 214June 4, 2021 7:50 PM

Also, thanks for the confirmation that your fav is so needingly desperate for attention that he just wants people talking about him, even if it's negative. How pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 215June 4, 2021 7:51 PM

R215 You can't help yourself. Compelled by jealousy. I've never seen such an obsession.

by Anonymousreply 216June 5, 2021 8:29 AM

Timothee now rumoured for a lead role in a prequel to the Hunger Games.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217June 5, 2021 12:04 PM

R214 I guess neither of us can help ourselves. I realize we've become two sides of the same coin. I brought myself down to your level. Au revoir et bonne chance.

by Anonymousreply 218June 5, 2021 5:23 PM

R216 If you really think that a few mocking posts about Chalamet and his fangirls equals obsession, what does that say about your crazed post history posts? It's almost like you people never think your posts through.

R218 Aw, have you finally realised your attempts to silence people weren't as clever or subtle as you thought? Yeah, everyone could see through them. Now, back to Tapatalk with you.

by Anonymousreply 219June 5, 2021 5:51 PM

R219 I'm bored and thoroughly love gossip. But I'm not making slanderous claims about some random celebrity. That's another level of obsessed. Why you're so helpless and neutered that your only defence is to make shit up you've hit rock bottom.

by Anonymousreply 220June 5, 2021 6:29 PM

You accused Tom Holland of being on steroids - which is hilarious given he's a twink. So once again, you're just projecting. Also hilarious is claiming you love gossip then whining about people gossiping about Chalamet. Let me guess, unless you agree with it it's not gossip?

Go on, say something hypocritical now, it's all you seem capable of doing lately.

by Anonymousreply 221June 5, 2021 8:50 PM

R221 LMAO asking if Tom Holland is on steroids or saying he is is gossip. I'm not going to say he uses them because I don't know. You aren't gossiping here. You're saying he slept with some named producer. Unless you have receipts that's malicious defamation.

by Anonymousreply 222June 6, 2021 12:19 PM

I’d rather see him as a Willy Wanker but I could lower my expectations to a Willy Wonka..

by Anonymousreply 223June 6, 2021 1:34 PM

R222 Yep, so you did exactly what I predicted - anything you don't want to hear doesn't count as gossip. And yes, you actually did say he uses them in R41. So, where your receipts that Tom's on steroids? After all, you wouldn't want to be a hypocrite right? And according to you, all gossip has to be backed up with proof - which means it's no longer gossip of course, but let's overlook that one for now.

by Anonymousreply 224June 6, 2021 5:26 PM

R224 how about I correct that and say maybe it's roids. Is that better? Because I don't have receipts he's using. That compared with one person with multiple accounts asking themselves repeatedly if he's sleeping with someone then providing a name. That's entirely a different kettle of fish. Mentioning Tom once versus starting up threads, posting 90% of the hundreds of replies defaming someone. Yeah,that’s a different level altogether.

by Anonymousreply 225June 7, 2021 8:37 AM

R225 In regards to "one person with multiple accounts" "posting 90% of the hundreds of replies" I'm assuming you're referring to me. I've stated this before and I'll state it again: I don't have multiple accounts. Period. The fact is, is that there are several posters doing the same thing and it's as simple as that.

You get your jollies by perpetually policing threads and bullying and shaming gay men who insult or mock your Hollywood graven image. Now you're using legalese phrasing to accuse posters of "malicious defamation" and "making slanderous claims". Why don't you just allege the whole of DL as doing such? You might as well. Slander and defamation, as you perceive it, is rampant on this forum.

I'm not going to be harassed into silence, nor are other gay men on here, by a straight homophobic woman who's on a crazed, obsessed, self-righteous, post-shaming crusade against those who say things she doesn't like about her golden idol. Bully all you want, but you will not shut people out or up.

by Anonymousreply 226June 7, 2021 5:35 PM

Aww, the fragile little Timmy fangirl desperately trying to convince herself that there could only be one person who disagrees with her. Sucks for you it's the opposite - and it's only going to increase with his over-exposure at the end of the year.

by Anonymousreply 227June 7, 2021 6:31 PM

this back and forth is boring. shut up.

by Anonymousreply 228June 8, 2021 12:33 PM

Love Tim!

by Anonymousreply 229June 8, 2021 12:53 PM

it would seem that the films are left over, some detractor who wants to move forward?

😂😘

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230June 9, 2021 9:38 PM

Bye to that Scott Cooper film with Christian Bale.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231June 10, 2021 3:59 AM

Early reports suggest that the prequel will take place during the Industrial Revolution. Flop in the making.

by Anonymousreply 232June 17, 2021 12:42 PM

I’m not a big fan of Adam Driver either but at least he isn’t this overexposed and mediocre.

by Anonymousreply 233June 17, 2021 1:26 PM

R233 you are just a jealous turd

by Anonymousreply 234June 21, 2021 7:46 AM

I can't think of a more repulsive person than Chalamet to be in this movie. Like all his other films - it will bomb.

by Anonymousreply 235June 21, 2021 7:48 AM

R235

Marty Feldman was repulsive and made a career out of it.

Timothée Chalamet is a charming young actor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236June 22, 2021 7:30 AM

You're out of your tiny mind R236.

by Anonymousreply 237June 22, 2021 7:41 AM

Pale, fragile flower who looks like he smells

by Anonymousreply 238June 22, 2021 8:01 AM

R236 He didn't come off well in that interview

by Anonymousreply 239June 22, 2021 9:11 AM

They're releasing Dune and The French Dispatch on the same day.

by Anonymousreply 240June 30, 2021 5:01 PM

The trailer for [italic]Dune[/italic] looks great.

Why is called a trailer if if precedes the film?

by Anonymousreply 241July 13, 2021 10:30 PM

Trailers used to originally follow a feature movie, back when movie end credits usually took like 30 seconds to a minute.

by Anonymousreply 242September 29, 2021 10:02 PM

They got Dame Olivia and Mr. Bean.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243September 29, 2021 10:03 PM

Sounds floptastic

by Anonymousreply 244September 30, 2021 12:10 AM

[quote] musical movie Wonka

r243 Oh I'd forgotten every Chocolate factory movie is a musical for some reason. Well this just went from bad to may actually be worse the Dear Evan Hansen.

by Anonymousreply 245September 30, 2021 12:32 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!