Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Joe Rogan is deleting past episodes of his podcast

I thought the meat head doesn’t believe in censorship? Episodes with Gavin McInnes and Alex Jones are no longer available.

by Anonymousreply 82July 14, 2021 7:35 AM

Racist homophobe. Yet Spotify wanted to give him $100 mil.

by Anonymousreply 1May 24, 2021 5:36 AM

He’s canceling *himself*?

by Anonymousreply 2May 24, 2021 5:46 AM

How does he get guests now? they have to fly to Austin?

by Anonymousreply 3May 24, 2021 5:51 AM

He's got that good money now. Doesn't want to fuck it up. Shocking he'd become just another boring right wing sell out....

by Anonymousreply 4May 24, 2021 6:00 AM

It’s possible that Spotify gave him no choice and insisted on it.

Either way, his existence is an indictment of a society that willingly enriches and exalts thumbheads who are notable for goading people into eating buckets of worms and crickets, among his other [sic] “talents”.

by Anonymousreply 5May 24, 2021 6:11 AM

I still can’t believe the handyman from NewsRadio has this much influence in the media.

by Anonymousreply 6May 24, 2021 6:18 AM

R3, I think guests would fly anywhere to be on his show--it's a huge bump to their careers. He doesn't have many celebrity guests on, does he?

by Anonymousreply 7May 24, 2021 6:21 AM

[quote] I still can’t believe the handyman from NewsRadio has this much influence in the media.

Wait . . .is that who this guy is? Now I have to google his picture. I lloved that show.

by Anonymousreply 8May 24, 2021 6:24 AM

[quote] I still can’t believe the handyman from NewsRadio has this much influence in the media.

He was a very cute handyman. Saw the show taped live once.

by Anonymousreply 9May 24, 2021 6:25 AM

His wiki page doesn't sound so extreme. I sure don't agree with him on some shit for sure but overall he's not as extreme as I thought he would be or as others like the Human Rights Campaign have made him out to be. Is it that they don't like that he interviews controversial people? Gee they would have hated Dick Cavett and Tom Snyder.

I agree with him on this: Rogan has been an outspoken critic of trans women fighting other women in MMA matches. Why that awful transphobe!!!!!

I will give him this - he sure made something of himself after playing a handyman to the other bigger names and his wife didn't end up shooting and killing him.

by Anonymousreply 10May 24, 2021 6:34 AM

He was a muscle stud and I waited for him to come out. Then, he went homophobic. Then, he went “Live and Let Live, But I Love The Pussy Attached To A Woman”. Then, he went hardcore 16 year-old Bro for a cable show. This year, I found out he does podcasts and stupid guys think they’re provocative.

I’ve seen to cousins travel that road and both transitioned. That’s going to be an ugly woman.

by Anonymousreply 11May 24, 2021 6:34 AM

I just read that he supports gay marriage so how is he homophobic? He seems fairly liberal on social issues. Now I'm gonna have to listen to a podcast. It's like old time radio.

by Anonymousreply 12May 24, 2021 6:37 AM

The meathead is fat and bald.

He's just bald.

by Anonymousreply 13May 24, 2021 6:38 AM

R12, go to his early aughts stand-up gigs.

by Anonymousreply 14May 24, 2021 6:44 AM

He got to work with Andy Dick and the woman who isn’t Kathy Griffin.

by Anonymousreply 15May 24, 2021 8:36 AM

Exactly r4, only the meatiest of meatheads didn't see this coming.

Not sure who's trying the faux naif routine here with "golly, his Wikipedia doesn't seem so bad, he seems like a nice liberal young man" crap but cut it out, no one is buying what you're selling.

by Anonymousreply 16May 24, 2021 8:47 AM

[quote]I will give him this - he sure made something of himself after playing a handyman to the other bigger names and his wife didn't end up shooting and killing him.

Now we're blaming Phil Hartman for his wife being a drug-addled mentally ill murderer??

by Anonymousreply 17May 24, 2021 8:56 AM

Yet Jordan Peterson, who has a history of anti-gay bias, is still up.

by Anonymousreply 18May 24, 2021 1:53 PM

[quote] Not sure who's trying the faux naif routine here with "golly, his Wikipedia doesn't seem so bad, he seems like a nice liberal young man" crap but cut it out, no one is buying what you're selling.

Yea that's me and I didn't see some extremist positions at the wiki article except he supported Bernie and some other things I can't remember now. He seems like how he is described there - kind of a libertarian wanting to legalize weed, supporting gay marriage and anti-cancel culture. Maybe supporting Bernie fits in with that. Maybe being a comedian fits in with refusing to be censored.

I have never listened to one of his podcasts but I suspect that people hate him and want to tar and feather him because he has guests that others don't approve of. Sorry but that kind of censorship is utter bullshit. I am sure there will be things I disagree with but I never expect anyone to be perfectly in line with me.

R16, I never used the word "golly" but then you knew that and just wanted to create a faux narrative that only exists in your fantasy world.

by Anonymousreply 19May 24, 2021 8:07 PM

[quote] Now we're blaming Phil Hartman for his wife being a drug-addled mentally ill murderer??

He did choose her as his wife and the mother of his children. Don't tell me he was too stupid to see her for what she was all along. Her drug addiction and risky behavior didn't start overnight. He chose her cause she was the best modelly looking Hollywood wannabe he could get. There were signs of her mental illness for quite a while.

Hey I love Brad Pitt but I still think he was an idiot for choosing Angelina Jolie to mother his children. Look how that turned out.

by Anonymousreply 20May 24, 2021 8:11 PM

He may be dumb but he isn't stupid....All that money would turn anyone "woke"

by Anonymousreply 21May 24, 2021 8:16 PM

“I’ve a lifelong Democrat, BUT...”

“I think Kevin McCarthy is a piece of shit, BUT...”

“I don’t know what MRA stands for, BUT...”

“I’ve never listened to Joe Rogan’s podcast, BUT...”

by Anonymousreply 22May 24, 2021 8:16 PM

He should delete each and every one, and quit marking future ones while he’s at it.

by Anonymousreply 23May 24, 2021 8:17 PM

R23 *making

by Anonymousreply 24May 24, 2021 8:17 PM

He's not right wing. He supported Bernie, but is honest and calls Biden out for having some kind of dementia.

by Anonymousreply 25May 24, 2021 9:02 PM

[quote] I didn't see some extremist positions at the wiki article except he supported Bernie

Extremist? WTF?

by Anonymousreply 26May 24, 2021 9:09 PM

As someone who worked on the Hill back in the 1980s and attended many of Biden's committee hearings - Foreign Relations mostly - I can assure people that he always said stupid things. LOL! He was notorious for non sequiturs and scrambling facts. I have a clear memory of listening to him garble WW2 history and exchanging glances with other attendees while we stifled laughter.

I just don't buy that he has any kind of dementia at all. People are just looking for it and misinterpreting his speech issues - okay and maybe his other deficiencies. But not dementia.

by Anonymousreply 27May 24, 2021 9:09 PM

What a sell-out.

by Anonymousreply 28May 24, 2021 10:28 PM

He's trying to clean up his image after being lambasted for this bullshit:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 24, 2021 10:51 PM

Christ, R29, so soon after "Antifa started the forest fires"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 24, 2021 10:53 PM

I immediately quit interacting with anyone that I find out likes this crock of shit because to me it says they are easily misled.

by Anonymousreply 31May 24, 2021 11:00 PM

He refuses to bow down before the woke. Therefore, he must be destroyed by any means available.

by Anonymousreply 32May 24, 2021 11:06 PM

R32 He was an asshole even before “woke” was a term. But go ahead.

by Anonymousreply 33May 24, 2021 11:09 PM

[quote]He refuses to bow down before the woke.

Deleting past episodes of his own show does appear to be a 'bending the knee' gesture to me.

by Anonymousreply 34May 24, 2021 11:11 PM

R6 - and did we think the host of the Apprentice would be the leader of the United States?

Or the actor in Bedtime for Bonzo would be the President? Or that we would have Conan the Barbarian leading the state with the equivalent of the 5th largest economy of the world?

Unfortunately, this is par for America.

by Anonymousreply 35May 25, 2021 3:57 AM

Joe Rogan is as middle of the road as you can get. The fact that he is so controversial speaks to the times we are living in.

by Anonymousreply 36May 25, 2021 4:14 AM

I don’t agree with everything he says, but the point of a lot of his shows. The point is that you don’t have to agree with everyone, and we should discuss things, ask questions, be critical, etc. I used to think he was nuts based on what I read in the news, but have a different perspective after actually listening to his shows. I think that Trump has put us on high alert, so many of us have become hyper-vigilant. The irony is that it’s made things worse, and we need to lower the temperature so that we don’t have right and left wing extremists running the country.

by Anonymousreply 37June 8, 2021 5:35 PM

We've never had a "left wing extremist" running the country.

The closest we ever got was FDR (God love him).

by Anonymousreply 38June 8, 2021 6:07 PM

Yes, but FDR wasn't hell bent on destroying the basic concepts of this country.

My communist, union organizing grandfather who immigrated here from Italy at 19 worshipped FDR.

by Anonymousreply 39June 8, 2021 6:14 PM

I'm fairly sure no-one actually listens to his podcast just to listen to him.

by Anonymousreply 40June 8, 2021 6:16 PM

By “running the country”, I don’t mean the president, specifically. Multiple people in government are responsible for running the United States of America. That’s not including those that influence the direction we move in, even if they’re not in government.

by Anonymousreply 41June 8, 2021 11:32 PM

Sort of parallels how his aging is deleting his younger-era male hotness.

by Anonymousreply 42June 8, 2021 11:36 PM

I was pretty bummed when Maynard James Keenan did his show, I'm a huge Tool fan.

by Anonymousreply 43June 9, 2021 1:42 AM

Well on not one but two podcasts a year apart he all but asked Edward Snowden if he could suck his dick.

by Anonymousreply 44June 9, 2021 2:36 AM

[quote] Jordan Peterson, who has a history of anti-gay bias

Do you have a link for that, R18?

by Anonymousreply 45June 9, 2021 2:40 AM

Why would he be deleting episodes? Spotify are the ones who did it before?

by Anonymousreply 46June 9, 2021 2:42 AM

Everyone but the super wealthy loved FDR.

by Anonymousreply 47June 9, 2021 2:44 AM

Everybody deletes their old stuff.

They're freeing up space on their hard drive.

by Anonymousreply 48June 9, 2021 2:46 AM

He is right-wing adjacent and seems to really want to go full-tilt nutjob. Being in a gilded tower of wealth will do that to you. He has the luxury of indulging truly stupid fanatical shit because that world isn’t a threat to him.

by Anonymousreply 49June 9, 2021 2:46 AM

[quote] that world isn’t a threat

Which world?

by Anonymousreply 50June 9, 2021 3:06 AM

R27

Biden's brain is scrambled eggs.

by Anonymousreply 51June 9, 2021 3:17 AM

Joe Rogan said many times on his podcast he leans left of center in his politics. He just says stupid things, he knows his base.

by Anonymousreply 52June 9, 2021 3:55 AM

I’m pretty sure that someone that describes the Catholic Church as “the largest kid fucking organization in the world” is NOT right wing.

by Anonymousreply 53June 9, 2021 1:09 PM

Nobody ever seems to have examples of all this homophobia. I don't buy it. I don't think he's homophobic at all.

by Anonymousreply 54June 9, 2021 1:13 PM

A lot of right wing Catholics believe in Q Anon, r53, and the far right branch of Catholics are always calling out the Pope for various things. It's plausible that a right winger would be saying the Vatican is a "kid fucking organization."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55June 9, 2021 1:17 PM

Another link re: my comment at r55

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56June 9, 2021 1:17 PM

"I’m pretty sure that someone that describes the Catholic Church as “the largest kid fucking organization in the world” is NOT right wing."

Joe Rogan finds Alex Jones fascinating and has had him on his show several times. Other guests include Gavin Mcinnes, Ben Shapiro, Milo Yiannopoulos, Dan Crenshaw and many more. Yes, he's had liberals on too - but FAR less than the right-wing nut jobs.

Then there's this quote:

“I’d rather vote for Trump than Biden. I don’t think he can handle anything. You’re relying entirely on his cabinet if you want to talk about an individual leader who can communicate, he can’t do that. And we don’t know what the fuck he’ll be like after a year in office. The pressure of being President of the United States is something that no one is prepared for. The only one who seems to be fine with it is Trump, oddly enough. He doesn’t seem to be aging at all or in any sort of decline. Obama almost immediately, started looking older. George W. (Bush), almost immediately started looking older.”

by Anonymousreply 57June 9, 2021 1:58 PM

[quote] I’m pretty sure that someone that describes the Catholic Church as “the largest kid fucking organization in the world” is NOT right wing.

Meh. Millions of fundamentalist Evangelicals would co-sign this exact statement.

by Anonymousreply 58June 9, 2021 2:07 PM

[quote] Yes, he's had liberals on too - but FAR less than the right-wing nut jobs.

That's because most "liberals" and the left will not go on his show or others that have on other POVs. And by liberals I mean illiberals. Too many refuse to debate and only want to be interviewed by ideological affirmation shows - sort of like only allowing self-IDing gender affirming therapy.

by Anonymousreply 59June 9, 2021 5:42 PM

He's judging past presidents for aging while in office?!? Maybe it's because they were actually doing the job, and they cared.

What a dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 60June 9, 2021 5:48 PM

Man I hope when I get dementia it's the Joe Biden kind

by Anonymousreply 61June 9, 2021 5:58 PM

[quote] He supported Bernie, but is honest and calls Biden out for having some kind of dementia.

Thanks, Dr. Datalounge. But anyone who knows the least bit about dementia can tell Biden ain't got it.

by Anonymousreply 62June 9, 2021 6:03 PM

It's Trump who seems like his crazy is actually catching up to him these days. Slurred speech, tired, backwards pants. He seems like he's going for the alzheimer's gold lately. He didn't give a shit about being president or what might or might not affect the country, even if hundreds of thousands of Americans were dying, but the thought of being on the sidelines seems to literally be killing him.

by Anonymousreply 63June 9, 2021 10:17 PM

[quote] But anyone who knows the least bit about dementia can tell Biden ain't got it Well what has he got? What is his excuse?

by Anonymousreply 64June 9, 2021 10:34 PM

Saying that Trump wasn't in decline while in office shows what a stupid fool Joe Rogaine is.

by Anonymousreply 65June 9, 2021 10:40 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 66July 13, 2021 3:04 AM

He only deleted those providing good evidence that he's 5'4".

by Anonymousreply 67July 13, 2021 3:08 AM

What is the appeal of these 'real' man, pseudo-intellectuals like Jordan Peterson and Joe Rogan (that I wouldn't classify Rogan as an intellectual, by any means)...? Are men, in general, really that starved for a decent mentor in life?

by Anonymousreply 68July 13, 2021 4:54 AM

R68 So is Jordan Peterson an intellectual or a pseudo-intellectual?

by Anonymousreply 69July 13, 2021 8:14 AM

Peterson is an intellectual.

by Anonymousreply 70July 13, 2021 11:06 PM

[quote] Are men, in general, really that starved for a decent mentor in life?

Who do you know that says Jordan Peterson is a 'mentor'.

I thought Peterson's 'Rules for Life' book was rather ho-hum but that interview with that unprepared, pointlessly-provocative English interviewer was hilarious!

She made a fool of herself and the video has been viewed over 31 million times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71July 13, 2021 11:36 PM

Doesn’t Peterson have a ton of mental health issues? Who is he to judge other people?

by Anonymousreply 72July 13, 2021 11:50 PM

R72 No

Who says he is judging? Do you feel as though he is judging you, R72?

by Anonymousreply 73July 13, 2021 11:55 PM

R70 No, he's not.

by Anonymousreply 74July 14, 2021 2:40 AM

R71 Honestly, that's his only claim to fame. And it wasn't surprising that the demographic that loves him loves that moment that made him big.

by Anonymousreply 75July 14, 2021 2:42 AM

R75 That moment didn't make him big. It made Cathy Newman small.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76July 14, 2021 2:46 AM

R76 They're both small.

by Anonymousreply 77July 14, 2021 2:48 AM

[quote] Doesn’t Peterson have a ton of mental health issues?

He's a junkie

by Anonymousreply 78July 14, 2021 2:51 AM

It's fashionable to be a junkie nowdays.

It's hip. It's cool.

by Anonymousreply 79July 14, 2021 2:53 AM

[quote] But anyone who knows the least bit about dementia can tell Biden ain't got it Well what has he got? What is his excuse?

He's old. How do you not know this? Don't you know any old people? You know have no idea what dementia is, but I have a feeling you post all about it (like ignorant joe rogan)

by Anonymousreply 80July 14, 2021 3:05 AM

R71, that woman is an idiot. She is incapable of having an intelligent conversation.

Peterson: The evidence shows that overall women voluntarily choose professions where compassion is highly desirable.

Idiot: So you're saying that all women have to be door mats and that is the only profession they can choose.

by Anonymousreply 81July 14, 2021 6:51 AM

[quote] that woman

I'm not English but I think that woman has been demoted from TV to drive-time radio.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82July 14, 2021 7:35 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!