Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Can someone here in the know please provide a brief history of Joel, his friend and Mitzi?

I fear there's a lot of misinformation going around these days and I'm not the expert to truly explain things to the newcomers here.

I know Joel's Canadian and plays rugby and bridge. Can someone else fill in the gaps?

TIA

by Anonymousreply 31July 22, 2021 2:44 AM

Any info on other members of the DL family would be helpful too. It's hard to keep them all straight!

TIA

by Anonymousreply 1May 22, 2021 5:31 AM

Misinformation is a terrible scourge. We must fight it Joel. I'm with you.

by Anonymousreply 2May 22, 2021 6:20 AM

Then help us, R2!

by Anonymousreply 3May 22, 2021 3:14 PM

Joel plays rugby and water polo, and also snowboards. Some DLers think that he also plays lacrosse, but that appears to be a DL invention.

I believe he and the neighboUr* play backgammon, not bridge.

* Yes, they're Canadian. Not sure which province.

by Anonymousreply 4May 22, 2021 3:21 PM

[quote] Not sure which province.

Not a province. They're in Nunavut!

by Anonymousreply 5May 22, 2021 3:23 PM

I thought they played bridge too, R4? Maybe I'm wrong.

by Anonymousreply 6May 22, 2021 3:23 PM

Joel does play water polo, and loves to have the whole team over, sometimes even to his neighboUr's house, every once in a while for special events.

The neighboUr took Joel to New York City once for a special trip, where he gave Joel exposure to The Finer Things in Life.

by Anonymousreply 7May 22, 2021 4:30 PM

And rugby too.

by Anonymousreply 8May 22, 2021 5:37 PM

Mitzi Gaynor was a U.S. actress, who worked mostly in musical films of the 1950s and is also highly regarded for several kitschy television specials filmed in the early 1970s. I hope this helps.

by Anonymousreply 9May 22, 2021 5:40 PM

That’s Mitzi GaynoUr, not sexual fantasy denizen Mitzi. Do keep up!

by Anonymousreply 10May 22, 2021 5:43 PM

Sheesh, I have a real life Joel as a next door neighbor kid. (Well, not the name.) He mows the lawn shirtless and always offers to work out with me in his (mom's) basement. (Uh, I'm 40 and can barely do a few pull ups... he can just keep on going because he's a twinky teen). He is vociferously 'not gay' but... well, to use an oldie term, very metro. Anyway, I enjoy the eye candy but am not otherwise interested... he grew up next door, so I remember him as a toddler!

by Anonymousreply 11July 21, 2021 1:41 AM

pulling focus Blanche!

by Anonymousreply 12July 21, 2021 1:57 AM

I have a Joel next door also, except his name is Trent (of course) also living with his wealthy parents and equally Joelish older brother. Washes the car practically naked, playful (turns the hose on me occasionally), comes over to play basketball…makes me crazy. I have a smart ass live-in maid who starts singing “How could I ignore, the boy next door” when he’s out in the yard.

by Anonymousreply 13July 21, 2021 2:04 AM

I thought they were grandfather and grandson...

but now that you mention it, something about them did seem off...

Is this going to be an on-camera interview?

I'll need to change my Mumu if this is going to be on-camera...and I'd like to make a brief statement about our beloved President Trump

by Anonymousreply 14July 21, 2021 2:10 AM

[quote] I have a smart ass live-in maid who starts singing “How could I ignore, the boy next door” when he’s out in the yard.

I hate smart-ass, mouthy maids

by Anonymousreply 15July 21, 2021 2:12 AM

Joel and his neighbor listen to opera, went to a Halloween party together once and I believe were planning a trip to NY for a show.

by Anonymousreply 16July 21, 2021 3:46 AM

The only thing I know for sure is I am long overdue for an update on the neighbor of Joel, his precious dog Mitzi, and of course, Joel.

by Anonymousreply 17July 21, 2021 4:24 AM

It's not our job to educate you OP.

by Anonymousreply 18July 21, 2021 4:30 AM

Joel quarantined with his older neighbor.

by Anonymousreply 19July 21, 2021 4:38 AM

We all know this, r19. What we don't know is what has happened since then.

Did they both die of Covid?

Murder suicide? Who knows what might have gone on in that scenario.

They went on to some unspeakable relationship, both have kept quiet, and living in a level of bliss that cannot be described in word.

I don't know, but I'd really like to know what has happened with that unlikely trio,

by Anonymousreply 20July 21, 2021 4:48 AM

I want to hear more about the uncle whose niece rejected his chicken à la king and who had a daughter deemed a whore because she used tampons.

by Anonymousreply 21July 21, 2021 4:55 AM

And while we're at it, we need updates on Colton and Packer's daddy (he of the puny cocklet) and BILL TAYLOR.

by Anonymousreply 22July 21, 2021 4:56 AM

I actually think he killed himself, R21. His screen name was "Uncle Rupert" and the last I saw of him, he was in a thread about antebellum homes complaining about how much the world has changed and how he wanted to end it all so he could join his saintéd mother in Heaven. I wonder if I can find the thread.

by Anonymousreply 23July 21, 2021 4:58 AM

[quote]sexual fantasy denizen Mitzi

Da fuck. I. AM. A. STAR.

by Anonymousreply 24July 21, 2021 5:14 AM

Any luck, R23?

by Anonymousreply 25July 22, 2021 1:48 AM

Oh yes, found it!

R35 in the linked thread, from September 2019:

[quote]I don’t care what any of you say about me anymore. I’m going to KILL myself! I want to see my mother again. I won’t suffer this world one more day.

Which was immediately followed by an anti-black rant, but a 'ridiculous, backwards old queen' (as his niece called him when they argued over the Chicken a la King) being a racist as well really should be of no surprise to anyone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26July 22, 2021 1:59 AM

The neighbor frequently brings over cookies to Joel’s parents They always turn off the lights and have to hide for a good twenty minutes while the neighbor stares through the openings in the blinds. Sometimes he brings snickerdoodles. Sometimes he brings whoopie pies. He ends up leaving them at the door on chipped Elvis collector’s plates.

He’s fairly harmless, unless you count that one time he dropped his caftan and tried to shove his puny cocklet through the mail slot.

by Anonymousreply 27July 22, 2021 2:03 AM

Joel's friend did that, R27?!

by Anonymousreply 28July 22, 2021 2:06 AM

Is Joel’s Neighbor/Mitzi’s Owner also Uncle Bottom?

by Anonymousreply 29July 22, 2021 2:13 AM

In spirit yes

by Anonymousreply 30July 22, 2021 2:25 AM

I'd like to hear from anyone (like R13) who has had a young neighbor like Joel. My ex and I lived next to a young single man who "forgot" to lower his shades on occasion. My ex used to give me a bad time because I'd spy on our neighbor from a room in our house with the lights off. Then, I caught him doing the same thing. We were shameless. He also mowed his lawn shirtless.

by Anonymousreply 31July 22, 2021 2:44 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!