Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Leaked Navy video appears to show UFO off California

A newly leaked Navy video appears to show an unidentified flying object disappearing into the water off California, according to a clip obtained by a documentary filmmaker and shared with NBC News.

The video was captured in July 2019 by Navy aircraft and recorded in the USS Omaha's Combat Information Center, according to the filmmaker, Jeremy Corbell.

The clip appears to show a spherical object flying above the water for a few minutes near San Diego before it vanishes.

"It splashed," military personnel can be heard saying in the video.

The Defense Department confirmed that the clip was recorded by Navy personnel and said it will be reviewed by the Pentagon's Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Task Force, a panel established last year to "gain insight" into the "nature and origins" of such objects.

The video was published a few days before "60 Minutes" aired an interview with two former Navy pilots who recalled having been dispatched to investigate "multiple anomalous aerial vehicles" that descended 80,000 feet in less than a second. The incident also occurred off San Diego in 2004.

One of the pilots, Cmdr. Dave Fravor, told "60 Minutes" that personnel found a "little white Tic-Tac-looking object" moving above the water before it disappeared. Seconds later, his ship — the USS Princeton — said the object reappeared on its radar 60 miles away.

Christopher Mellon, a top defense official in the Clinton and George W. Bush administrations, said in an interview that there was "a lot of continuity" between recent reports of unidentified objects and reports dating back decades.

"What we're seeing are a number of distinct and different things," he said. "Sometimes we're seeing a 50-foot object that can travel at hypersonic speeds and seemingly go into orbit or come down from altitudes of potentially above 100,000 feet."

Mellon said the stigma associated with reporting such phenomena has long kept witnesses quiet — a sentiment echoed by Lt. Cmdr. Alex Dietrich, one of the Navy pilots interviewed by "60 Minutes."

"Over beers we've said, 'Hey man, if I saw this solo, I don't know that I would have come back and said anything,'" Dietrich said. "Because it sounds so crazy when I say it."

A lengthy story in The New Yorker titled "How the Pentagon Started Taking U.F.O.s Seriously" examined the work of journalist Leslie Kean last month. Kean co-wrote an article in The New York Times four years ago reporting that the Pentagon was spending millions of dollars on a threat identification program to examine unidentified aircraft that moved at high velocities with no apparent signs of propulsion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88June 28, 2021 5:02 PM

It’s interesting that those extraterrestrial beings only seem interested in flying around oceans and cornfields. You will never see them hovering over an amusement park or a tourist packed beach.

by Anonymousreply 1May 18, 2021 7:39 PM

Lol R1.

Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 2May 18, 2021 7:40 PM

Obviously drones from either the Nazi Antarctic base or their moon base

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 18, 2021 7:52 PM

Thank God for grainy video!

by Anonymousreply 4May 18, 2021 7:59 PM

Always low resolution nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 5May 18, 2021 8:04 PM

That's from 2019??? What did they record it with- a Zapruder camera?

by Anonymousreply 6May 18, 2021 8:12 PM

If they are real I need them to reveal themselves and tell us to get our shit together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 18, 2021 8:18 PM

Filmed with The Shaky Bigfoot Cam.

by Anonymousreply 8May 18, 2021 8:22 PM

I guess PT/LV is on another bad UFO video trip.

by Anonymousreply 9May 18, 2021 8:56 PM

We see Muzzies' eyes in Iraq as they look toward the laser bombs ready to hit, but UFO's are always a blur.

by Anonymousreply 10May 18, 2021 11:40 PM

We can't trust what the military tells us.

by Anonymousreply 11May 18, 2021 11:46 PM

R1 They've been seen in broad daylight at the funerals of Popes & also when new Popes have been voted in.

Onw was seen by many eyewitnesses during daylights hours at the Chicago airport over a decade ago as well.

The UFO departed so fast that it made a hole in a cloud according to those who saw it.

by Anonymousreply 12May 18, 2021 11:58 PM

[quote] They've been seen in broad daylight at the funerals of Popes & also when new Popes have been voted in.

[quote] Onw was seen by many eyewitnesses during daylights hours at the Chicago airport over a decade ago as well.

[quote] The UFO departed so fast that it made a hole in a cloud according to those who saw it.

Sure, Jan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 19, 2021 12:00 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 19, 2021 12:04 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 19, 2021 12:09 AM

[quote] It’s interesting that those extraterrestrial beings only seem interested in flying around oceans and cornfields. You will never see them hovering over an amusement park or a tourist packed beach.

Explain the Phoenix lights then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 19, 2021 12:14 AM

The Phoenix lights were aircraft decoy flares. Panes from the Maryland Air National Guard were on maneuvers. The arc as they fell behind the mountains was just as you would expect.

by Anonymousreply 17May 19, 2021 12:24 AM

r16 It's not worth the time to try to convince skeptics, in the long run it really doesn't matter what they think.

As for the Phoenix Lights, tens of thousands of people witnessed them traveling for over 300 miles. Esteemed and educated people saw them. Anyone familiar with the geography of Arizona can tell you there is no way in hell people in Paulden could see flares dropped south of Phoenix. No way.

by Anonymousreply 18May 19, 2021 12:28 AM

And yet she tries so hard R18.

by Anonymousreply 19May 19, 2021 1:03 AM

I once saw the entire sky fill with a cascading light show through the moon roof of my car. I asked others the following day if they'd seen it. Nothing. Maybe I just stroked out a bit.

by Anonymousreply 20May 19, 2021 1:17 AM

It's a bug moving around on the lense.

by Anonymousreply 21May 19, 2021 1:20 AM

Why are these UFOs not visible to astronauts orbiting the earth in the space station? They are perched above the atmosphere and they can also look out into space to see any approach of UFOs. These are probably mirages or some unknown atmospheric phenomena. And there are a lot of spy satellites, which monitor 24 hr all parts of the earth. They can also pick up UFOs, so not sure why the government is not saying anything conclusive.

by Anonymousreply 22May 19, 2021 1:31 AM

^^ good points. One night out with the dog in the Rockies at 11k feet I saw an alarming group of lights in the sky. I admit to being a big queen about the experience then I learned it was the Int Space Station.

by Anonymousreply 23May 19, 2021 1:36 AM

R22 they ARE visible to astronauts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 19, 2021 2:02 AM

The Phoenix lights were reported by pilot Kurt Russell! Yes, that Kurt Russell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 19, 2021 2:04 AM

I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a big announcement at some point in the future.

by Anonymousreply 26May 19, 2021 3:50 AM

Like Q R26?

by Anonymousreply 27May 19, 2021 2:50 PM

With all our hi tech and drones and all - and I'm not going to talk about Ironman and the Avengers flying around out there - how come we never get good camerawork and footage of a UFO?

by Anonymousreply 28May 19, 2021 4:09 PM

[quote] That's from 2019??? What did they record it with- a Zapruder camera?

ROFL!

Best comment ever!!!

by Anonymousreply 29May 19, 2021 4:12 PM

No r17, it was swamp gas.

by Anonymousreply 30May 19, 2021 4:21 PM

R28 Most of the UFOs have cloaking powers so they can't be detected.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 19, 2021 5:03 PM

The O’Hare airport report is laughable. A “UFO” flies near an aiport (post 9/11 I might add) and magically no camera, not at the airport, not on any airplane, not on the ground, manages to catch it. Collective hysteria is all this is.

by Anonymousreply 32May 19, 2021 7:33 PM

Me when they arrive:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33May 19, 2021 7:44 PM

The UFO left because California real estate was too expensive for him..

by Anonymousreply 34May 19, 2021 7:48 PM

Collective hysteria R32? LOL!!!!.

What did they all have to be hysterical about on that day as opposed to other days since?

Why hasn't the collective hysteria returned to that Chicago airport since I can't recall a single person being fired over this alleged "collective hysteria"?

Why wouldn't the Fed. government want to find the culprit that embarrassed the U.S. around the globe by starting all of that "collective hysteria" if it's such a fake news story?

Also some eyewitnesses have came forward since that day & said that some fed guys confiscated their phone footage that some of them had managed to take of the UFO during that event.

by Anonymousreply 35May 20, 2021 8:50 PM

Oh, you stupid bitch R1!!

I was watching this documentary once and the UFOs were very interested in highly populated areas. They hovered over the Sydney Harbor Bridge, the US Bank Tower in LA, and even the White House. And the video wasn’t even that grainy.

Wherever they were from, they seemed really nice....unlike those damned Kanamits.

by Anonymousreply 36May 20, 2021 9:03 PM

[quote] I was watching this documentary once and the UFOs were very interested in highly populated areas. They hovered over the Sydney Harbor Bridge

ROFL!!!!

They also hovered over downtown LA, Moscow, and Washington DC too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 20, 2021 9:12 PM

I saw one over New York!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38May 20, 2021 9:12 PM

R36, I even got a photo of it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 20, 2021 9:13 PM

Looks like a prolapse went rogue

by Anonymousreply 40May 20, 2021 9:16 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41May 28, 2021 7:49 AM

We are being enslaved by aliens already. Aliens create capitalism to keep us busy working for "money".

These creatures are far beyond us in technology and intelligence. There is no way we can break free from their control.

by Anonymousreply 42May 28, 2021 9:55 AM

It's the infrared cameras the pilots are using making adjustments. There's nothing out there.

by Anonymousreply 43May 28, 2021 10:54 AM

Supposedly there's a big government UFO report coming out next week, so I've seen claimed.

by Anonymousreply 44May 28, 2021 11:42 AM

We will soon meet our overlord now, who have the technology to destroy us in 10 seconds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45May 28, 2021 11:57 AM

There is a part of me who thinks it's incredibly naïve to believe that we're alone in the universe. But I also think it's a stretch to think that 1) they can get here and 2) they are interested in us. I think the more likely scenario is all of these UFOs are government tests of various new technologies.

by Anonymousreply 46May 28, 2021 12:02 PM

2009 a 727 lands on the Hudson river in broad daylight with a million people who could have recorded it. No cell phone pictures of it happening. There's 1 roof security camera that catches a glimpse of it but no cell phone pictures, that I've seen.

Anyway there's a lot of excellent footage of events but you have to look at a lot of garbage to find them.

The Pentagon has been ordered to deliver a report due in June to officially explain...something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47May 28, 2021 12:20 PM

Well, at least ppl stopped talking about corona. This is a way the government to throw ppl off and get people on with their lives

by Anonymousreply 48May 28, 2021 12:46 PM

Billions of cameras on earth and this is all we got?! Some of y'all are just stupid.

by Anonymousreply 49May 28, 2021 12:54 PM

Even if you’re very conservative and assume that the 2004 Nimitz incident was the first ever legitimate UFO-encounter, you’re talking about something that happened almost 18 years ago.

So these things have been fully operational for at least two decades. Yet they have never attacked anything or anyone.

All they do is hover around and display their superior powers. They move around randomly and seem to have an infinite source of energy. Why on earth would a nation, or even a Bond villain, with a immensely superior technology behave like this for decades?

by Anonymousreply 50May 28, 2021 1:59 PM

Aliens exist. There is enough documented evidence to ignore the obvious.

by Anonymousreply 51May 29, 2021 12:12 AM

Somewhere in the constellation Sagittarius, a civilization has been receiving and interpreting signals transmitted by Fox News. They just had to come and check-out the "Lindsey" phenomenon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52May 29, 2021 1:38 AM

R46, if intelligent life is as rare in the universe as it seems then I think aliens would be incredibly interested in us. There might only be the two of us.

by Anonymousreply 53May 29, 2021 2:32 AM

They are not interested in humans, but are fascinated with cows.

by Anonymousreply 54May 29, 2021 5:53 AM

R42 has seen They Live too many times.

by Anonymousreply 55May 29, 2021 9:25 PM

Lol, UFO nutters always crack me up.

They're definitely looney, but mostly harmless.

by Anonymousreply 56May 29, 2021 9:44 PM

It is almost statistically impossible we are alone in the universe.

I also believe that any alien race that can fly through space is not going to be overtly discovered unless they want something like that to happen.

by Anonymousreply 57May 29, 2021 10:59 PM

Here's a famous case in Italy =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58May 30, 2021 6:25 AM

This was disclosed back at the Citizen's Hearing on UFOs in 2013 =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59May 30, 2021 6:27 AM

I've been on YT for almost 15 years & most of the videos on this subject have been restricted ("Video blocked in country").

This is 1 of the few left =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60May 30, 2021 6:30 AM

Here's part 1 (of a multi part UFO expose) on the YT channel "ufolinker" =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61May 30, 2021 6:32 AM

Linda Moulton Howe is an expert in animal mutilation cover ups =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62May 30, 2021 6:37 AM

You do realize that most of those YT vids are totally fake or from total crackpots? Remember, just because it's on the internet, doesn't make it true.

by Anonymousreply 63May 30, 2021 3:07 PM

They are also posted from the same person all the time. This person has a thing for dumb videos as if they are proof.

by Anonymousreply 64May 30, 2021 3:08 PM

Since your statement in now on the internet R63, I think I'll hold it in the same regard.

by Anonymousreply 65May 31, 2021 1:10 AM

It's odd that they said it was at least 6 feet. How the hell are aliens going to fit in that?

by Anonymousreply 66May 31, 2021 1:37 AM

R66. They may be little blobs with giant "brains" and telepathic abilities.

by Anonymousreply 67May 31, 2021 1:46 AM

little blobs, R67? Fuck, I think I might be an alien!

by Anonymousreply 68May 31, 2021 2:01 AM

R66 Maybe they're the size of this "mutant" that was discovered about a decade ago =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69May 31, 2021 7:33 AM

r66, Twilight Zone breaks it down for you:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70May 31, 2021 2:36 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 71May 31, 2021 9:31 PM

The WOW Signal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72June 1, 2021 8:28 AM

Is this report coming out today?

by Anonymousreply 73June 25, 2021 5:04 AM

There are some Navy things I enjoy watching bouncing and jiggling around. UFOs are not among them.

by Anonymousreply 74June 25, 2021 5:30 AM

[quote] It’s interesting that those extraterrestrial beings

Why assume they are EXTRAterrestrial? Inner space is much more likely than outer space.

The oceans are so vast that it’s entirely possible that a super advanced civilization could exist in the depths of the sea without any observation of them except their probes.

by Anonymousreply 75June 25, 2021 6:05 AM

Doubtful R75.

by Anonymousreply 76June 25, 2021 6:40 PM

God, I sure hope there are no advanced civilizations in the oceans. They would be so pissed at humanity for dumping all that toxic shit into the oceans.

With aliens we may have a "clean slate" and start from scratch ... until they find out what went on in Area 51. *ooops*

by Anonymousreply 77June 25, 2021 7:29 PM

The lukewarm/indifferent reaction of most people indicates that they desperately DO NOT want to believe. Even atheists love to think of themselves as “The Crown of Creation.” Subconsciously they perceive this as an existential threat.

by Anonymousreply 78June 26, 2021 7:32 PM

I need an anal probe

by Anonymousreply 79June 26, 2021 7:41 PM

R79 you get enough of them, Miss Lindsey.

by Anonymousreply 80June 26, 2021 8:21 PM

[quote] The lukewarm/indifferent reaction of most people indicates

It indicates to me the report added nothing to the discussion. Even Project Blue Book in 1969 said some sightings could not be explained. This says exactly the same, but that doesn't automatically mean they are extraterrestrial.

by Anonymousreply 81June 27, 2021 6:17 AM

Yes…and the Men In Black do, in fact, exist! Notice the evil-looking Repugs look like aliens - and they never seem to die either.

by Anonymousreply 82June 27, 2021 6:32 AM

I always suspected ALF was real and that the sitcom, cartoon, TV movie, and talk show were all part of the coverup.

by Anonymousreply 83June 27, 2021 6:37 AM

R78 is desperately reaching. The fact is most people lead lives that are busy. No one has the time or inclination to fantasize or worry about spacemen. Your comment about atheists reveals your mindset.

by Anonymousreply 84June 27, 2021 3:41 PM

You don’t know anything about me or my life mr/mrs R84.

by Anonymousreply 85June 28, 2021 11:38 AM

From your posts here I'd say, yes, we do.

by Anonymousreply 86June 28, 2021 3:51 PM

R86 You actually check the posts of people you happen to disagree with? It’s a privilege to not know you in real life, although I have certainly come across your type.

by Anonymousreply 87June 28, 2021 4:45 PM

Honey, you are pretty easy identifiable because you posted almost the exact same statement above when this thread first started.

by Anonymousreply 88June 28, 2021 5:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!