Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

QAnon Shaman Lawyer: They're Brain Damaged Idiots from the Short Bus

The defense lawyer for the QAnon Shaman tells the truth about 45's followers.

Watkins, the “Q Shaman” Jacob Chansley’s attorney, said his client had Asperger’s syndrome and indicated that Chansley’s mental state — and the impact of Trump’s “propaganda” efforts — would play a role in his case.

“A lot of these defendants — and I’m going to use this colloquial term, perhaps disrespectfully — but they’re all fucking short-bus people,” Watkins told TPM. “These are people with brain damage, they’re fucking retarded, they’re on the goddamn spectrum.”

“But they’re our brothers, our sisters, our neighbors, our coworkers — they’re part of our country. These aren’t bad people, they don’t have prior criminal history. Fuck, they were subjected to four-plus years of goddamn propaganda the likes of which the world has not seen since fucking Hitler.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53October 4, 2021 5:50 AM

OMG - I don't know who this son of bitch is but damn that made me belly laugh!

by Anonymousreply 1May 18, 2021 6:04 PM

The propaganda machine continues.

by Anonymousreply 2May 18, 2021 6:06 PM

[quote]But they’re our brothers, our sisters, our neighbors, our coworkers — they’re part of our country.

Well THEY decided that we weren't part of THEIR country.

by Anonymousreply 3May 18, 2021 6:15 PM

There were rumors they were targeting viewers on the autism spectrum in Trumpito's Youtube ads.

by Anonymousreply 4May 18, 2021 6:18 PM

They get into Trumpism and Right wing activities because they vaguely know that they are retarded usually having barely got out of HS. Of this they are ashamed, and feel the cards were stacked against them because of some social factor rather than their inability to compete. Their Right wing alternative universe makes them “feel” smart because it provides them a simplistic worldview, and a “community” founded on beliefs instead of facts.

by Anonymousreply 5May 18, 2021 7:10 PM

Link, r4?

I would love for this to be true.

by Anonymousreply 6May 18, 2021 7:13 PM

“And now we return the our Lifetime Friday Night feature movie ‘The Little Insurrectionist’…” 🎥 🍿

by Anonymousreply 7May 18, 2021 7:24 PM

Are any of the charges against him a lack of bulge? How's he hooking up in jail?

by Anonymousreply 8May 18, 2021 9:10 PM

Being a mouth breathing idiot with the IQ of seaweed has never been an excuse to break the law before. Why would it be now? It is simple, they knew what they were doing was against the law. Guilty. We were tortured with the exact same propaganda, and we didn't try to hurt anyone or storm the WH to with a whaling spear to kill the fat, orange threat to our sanity and democracy.

by Anonymousreply 9May 18, 2021 9:20 PM

We must protect our citizens suffering with Mental Illness.

by Anonymousreply 10May 18, 2021 9:29 PM

Well I guess we can ship them down to Texas and execute them there

by Anonymousreply 11May 18, 2021 9:30 PM

☝️Can we put an express lane in?

by Anonymousreply 12May 18, 2021 9:59 PM

A brief reminder that Trumpito was running campaign ads on Youtube targeted to people on the spectrum.

I think we saw more than a few of their intended targets marching around in paramilitary larp drag on 1/6.

by Anonymousreply 13May 18, 2021 10:17 PM

As had been noted, "My client is rock stupid and believed a lot of claptrap" has not been a successful defense before.

by Anonymousreply 14May 18, 2021 10:19 PM

What's the action situation like for him in jail? Is he getting any or is he a pariah after his seditionist, COVID getting ways.

by Anonymousreply 15May 18, 2021 10:22 PM

They’re also violent, dangerous, and have shown a propensity to repeat their offenses. If not in prison, they belong in an institution.

No sympathy!

by Anonymousreply 16May 18, 2021 10:24 PM

Albert Watkins is right about Trump followers, QAnon, and about the propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 17May 18, 2021 10:24 PM

[quote]Being a mouth breathing idiot with the IQ of seaweed has never been an excuse to break the law before.

Completely agreed; while his quote was funny, the government has executed people classified as mentally disabled, yet this tool thinks being a dumbass is an excuse.

by Anonymousreply 18May 18, 2021 10:32 PM

Tell us something we didn't know.

by Anonymousreply 19May 18, 2021 10:52 PM

A few of them are gracious gentleman callers.

by Anonymousreply 20May 18, 2021 11:12 PM

Idk that he's wrong that at least some are autistic. A lot of them seem take everything literal -- no matter which side they landed on. I think that's why the left is seeing more outliers. And no, I'm not saying "both sides" because one side (guess which) is definitely the bigger threat here. That's the side with more guns, religious fever, and nuttier leaders. Our side is usually just more annoying about some things than anything else.

by Anonymousreply 21May 18, 2021 11:20 PM

"Riding the Bus With My Insurrectionist"

by Anonymousreply 22May 18, 2021 11:24 PM

Notice any defense for these individuals who get sued or arrested on behalf of Trump bullshit (Tucker comes to mind) is that his followers are idiots?

by Anonymousreply 23May 18, 2021 11:26 PM

[quote]and I’m going to use this colloquial term, perhaps disrespectfully

Lol, this guy has got to be a DLer, for sure. Those em dashes were like a drum roll.

by Anonymousreply 24May 18, 2021 11:27 PM

I can't believe he called them "fucking retarded"!

[quote] Lol, this guy has got to be a DLer, for sure.

Agreed!

by Anonymousreply 25May 18, 2021 11:30 PM

I liked this guy from the start.

by Anonymousreply 26May 18, 2021 11:33 PM

George Carlin put it another way: Look at how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. (Trump's base)

by Anonymousreply 27May 18, 2021 11:33 PM

"Your honor...my client is a fucking retard! Look who he voted for!"

by Anonymousreply 28May 18, 2021 11:41 PM

"Fucking retard" is the new affluenza excuse for white people.

by Anonymousreply 29May 19, 2021 12:18 AM

And "Fucking retard" is the new affluenza excuse for POCs.

by Anonymousreply 30May 19, 2021 12:20 AM

R30, try harder. That was very stupid.

by Anonymousreply 31May 19, 2021 12:21 AM

R31 How can you attach one big generalisation with another generalisation like that?

You lose credibility when you do that.

by Anonymousreply 32May 19, 2021 12:24 AM

A lawyer actually said all those disgusting things? I have no doubt a lot of these guys have issues, but not every one of them did. The majority were racist, self-centred assholes.

by Anonymousreply 33May 19, 2021 12:29 AM

I see you're not American, R32, so I'll explain it to you: Affluenza was a defense used by an entitled, white asshole to get away with drunk-driving which led to the deaths of several people. It's also essentially what kept Brock Turner out of prison. So when you attempt to apply it to people who've never actually benefited from it, it shows what your intent actually is.

by Anonymousreply 34May 19, 2021 12:31 AM

[quote] "Fucking retard" is the new affluenza excuse for white people.

Could this assertion be rephrased?

by Anonymousreply 35May 19, 2021 12:33 AM

"Fucking retard" is the new "deplorable."

by Anonymousreply 36May 19, 2021 1:01 AM

[quote]"Fucking retard" is the new "deplorable."

Actually, they've always been synonymous.

by Anonymousreply 37May 19, 2021 1:02 AM

[quote]Being a mouth breathing idiot with the IQ of seaweed has never been an excuse to break the law before.

Now it's actually an asset if you're running for Congress as a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 38May 19, 2021 1:02 AM

I don't know why I still picture him wearing horns and wailing even in prison.

by Anonymousreply 39May 19, 2021 1:04 AM

Put em in GITMO with the other terrorist, no trial not even charged.

by Anonymousreply 40May 19, 2021 1:07 AM

They should all be executed. They waged war and should suffer the consequences.

by Anonymousreply 41May 19, 2021 1:22 AM

Being a fucking retard is no excuse.

by Anonymousreply 42May 19, 2021 1:27 AM

That's his own lawyer eh? Fucking hell. Good on the lawyer. What a legend for saying what everyone is thinking.

Interesting that he said "Fuck, they were subjected to four-plus years of goddam propaganda the likes of which the world has not seen since fucking Hitler..." True.

I'm totally over the mental illness excuse. Enough. 99% of people with mental illnesses manage to control themselves and NOT commit insurrection and murder people. All the insurrectionists should be locked up for our safety. And just look at how Dump has abandoned them.

by Anonymousreply 43May 19, 2021 2:13 AM

Is Mom still bringing him organic food in prison?

Think he's caught COVID yet?

by Anonymousreply 44May 19, 2021 2:24 AM

He got Covid as soon as he got in prison. Probably from the insurrection.

by Anonymousreply 45May 19, 2021 2:30 AM

And yet there are millions on the autism spectrum who did to decide to overthrow an election….

by Anonymousreply 46May 19, 2021 2:41 AM

Does he have cellmate?

by Anonymousreply 47May 19, 2021 2:43 AM

Oh well. Bet that organic diet helped him get through COVID with no bad side effects.

BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

by Anonymousreply 48May 19, 2021 2:49 AM

Parents should lock their autistic offspring up and install ankle monitors in case they get out,

When they don’t, this is what happens.

by Anonymousreply 49May 19, 2021 3:17 AM

[quote]Being a mouth breathing idiot with the IQ of seaweed

Excuse me, but my name is Nori and I don’t appreciate the reference.

by Anonymousreply 50May 19, 2021 8:49 PM

No bulge. Had he been scraped?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51May 19, 2021 9:08 PM

[quote]Does he have cellmate?

In a perfect world, he and Donny would be locked up together for all eternity.

by Anonymousreply 52May 19, 2021 9:28 PM

Autistic people are wicked

by Anonymousreply 53October 4, 2021 5:50 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!