Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is President Ford's son Steven a gay?

Some spec on FB that at his dad's funeral, President Carter kept bringing up homosexuality as some sort of ok message to Steven. He's 64 and never married, but fathered a son with a woman in 1979. He was ok on Young and Restless in the 80's. I thought his brother Jack was really hot.

by Anonymousreply 27January 7, 2022 9:04 AM

Steven Meigs Ford (born May 19, 1956); 64 for only a few more days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 14, 2021 12:32 AM

Before:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 14, 2021 12:33 AM

After:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 14, 2021 12:36 AM

A thread about him from 20a13. Similar to this one. Mystery remains eight years later.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 14, 2021 12:36 AM

Way before:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 14, 2021 12:37 AM

He was kind of cute way back when:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 14, 2021 12:38 AM

another

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 14, 2021 12:40 AM

I rather doubt that Carter did any such thing.

by Anonymousreply 8May 14, 2021 12:45 AM

The rumors have been there about Steve but he's more known as being straight with live-in girlfriends.

BUT the gays in Denver from the late 1970s on knew it was his brother Jack who had a boyfriend in the area.

by Anonymousreply 9May 14, 2021 12:45 AM

It's a Repug thing: Ford had Steven; Reagan had Ron Jr.; Bush Sr. had Jeb (Columba was their maid); Cheney had Mary; Trump had Barron.

by Anonymousreply 10May 14, 2021 12:47 AM

Used to watch him on Y&R when he played "Andy Richards." He was really hot, plus I liked his character.

I was surprised to hear a few years ago that he admitted to being an alcoholic for 25 years. As I recall, he said he was sober for about 7 years before he felt okay to talk about it. I remember he said something about it causing him to lead "a double life." So I suppose if he could hide something like that, then hiding something else may not be out of the question.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 8, 2021 5:54 AM

Christian Ford, grandson of the president via Jack.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 8, 2021 6:00 AM

Except he spells his first name wrong.

by Anonymousreply 13October 8, 2021 6:01 AM

OP, what is 'a gay'?

by Anonymousreply 14October 8, 2021 7:48 AM

The rumors have been around for 40 or 50 years. I remember them from the 70s and Daddy was President and the family was wildly popular until Daddy decided to pardon Nixon unconditionally with no investigations which caused him to lose the following election. God knows what was really going on back then, with the unanswered questions about the Kennedy assassination (Daddy Ford was a member of Warren Commission but turned out to have been spying on it for the FBI and secretly reporting everything they did to J. Edgar.

Anyway, I don't care any more. But I wish Ford had beat Carter. The Fords were good looking, young, stylish, athletic and smart and maybe one of the sons was gay! Betty was adored! She had been a Ford model, a Martha Graham dancer, and a Broadway chorus girl and went to Studio 54.

And then we got the Carters.

by Anonymousreply 15October 8, 2021 8:14 AM

[quote]Reagan had Ron Jr.

Reagan's son is not a "Jr."

by Anonymousreply 16October 8, 2021 1:29 PM

[quote]BUT the gays in Denver from the late 1970s on knew it was his brother Jack who had a boyfriend in the area.

Yeah I remember hearing stories about Jack as well, and I'm on the east coast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 8, 2021 1:36 PM

Steven hit the Sun Bar in SLC quite often after day skiing at Deer Valley - late 1980's

by Anonymousreply 18October 8, 2021 2:20 PM

Mostly I remember Betty Ford on NBC bombed out of her mind doing the intros to some ballet company show.....she was so drunk/drugged she couldn't say a word without slurring..... She was like Lucy doing the Vitavitavegemin commercial.

And then after she confessed her problems she (and Kitty Dukakis) said the same thing: "I was drinking heavily, but no one ever suspected....."

LOL.....oh we knew, girls. WE KNEW!

by Anonymousreply 19October 8, 2021 2:22 PM

Steven isn't gay. He dates in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 20October 8, 2021 2:34 PM

Did he inherit his dad's huge schlong?

by Anonymousreply 21October 8, 2021 2:37 PM

Ford barely lost the election, but, R15, it wasn’t the pardon 28 months (!!!) earlier that did it. He wasn’t a terribly effective president, & he presided over a deeply divided party. That’s not a recipe for re-election, or, in his case, election in his own right.

by Anonymousreply 22October 8, 2021 4:11 PM

Those Ford boys were yummy, or as we used to say... "Have you ridden a Ford, lately"

by Anonymousreply 23October 8, 2021 5:20 PM

He didn't get his father's good looks.

Also, is Gerald Ford the most forgettable president?

by Anonymousreply 24October 9, 2021 3:49 AM

Well, R24, he IS the only president never elected to national office.

by Anonymousreply 25October 9, 2021 3:52 AM

R15, Ford pardoned Nixon one month after becoming POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 26October 9, 2021 4:11 AM

I saw a picture of him online from a few years ago and he’s wearing a wedding ring, but I cannot find a thing about him having a wife.

Very strange.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 7, 2022 9:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!