Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Attractive Greek man's wife murdered, definitely not by him

Christos Wattos?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355July 26, 2021 12:38 AM

It's strange that they would kill her if it was a robbery. She was tied up and not exactly going to go anywhere, so that's overkill. The husband says that the gang were speaking among themselves in a foreign language that he couldn't identify.

by Anonymousreply 1May 12, 2021 6:05 PM

He's too cute to be guilty. Whoever killed her and the dog as well deserves to be broiled alive

by Anonymousreply 2May 12, 2021 6:11 PM

This stinks almost as much as the Davey Wavey case and that case of the gay Anglo-Indian doctor who had his bride murdered on their honeymoon in SA.

He hired those thugs, word.

by Anonymousreply 3May 12, 2021 6:32 PM

Seriously fishy, Story doesn’t add up.

by Anonymousreply 4May 12, 2021 6:37 PM

Did he arrange her killing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 12, 2021 6:40 PM

She wouldn’t tell them where the valuables were so they tortured them killed her? No mother would put there baby’s life at risk like that. Why not put the husband through that instead? It’s bullshit of course and only a matter of time until surveillance proves there was no getaway car.

by Anonymousreply 6May 12, 2021 6:45 PM

Gosh, the wife was still 19. He was 32. She must have been around 17 when they married, and I think that's before she became pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 7May 12, 2021 6:57 PM

[quote] the 20-year-old mom

Married and a mom at 20 -- why?

by Anonymousreply 8May 12, 2021 6:58 PM

Just look at him R8.

by Anonymousreply 9May 12, 2021 7:00 PM

The young woman keeps being referred to as British, but she was apparently born and raised in Greece to a Filipina mother and a British father.

by Anonymousreply 10May 12, 2021 7:07 PM

One less Brit in the world, I really hate they killed the dog though, just what did it do?

by Anonymousreply 11May 12, 2021 7:12 PM

A tale as old as time....

by Anonymousreply 12May 12, 2021 7:13 PM

They killed her because she wouldn't stop screaming. Was he really robbed? 18k is a lot of drachmas.

by Anonymousreply 13May 12, 2021 7:13 PM

I need to see him in a bathing suit before I decide if he's guilty.

by Anonymousreply 14May 12, 2021 7:18 PM

Hol up - they were married in May 2018 and she's 20 now?

And she wouldn't stop screaming so they choked her? How about putting a sock in her mouth?

This doesn't add up. The husband is shady and guilty. He hired this gang.

Who breaks into people's homes at 5am - as the sun is just coming up and people are waking up?

"When I managed to break free, I rushed upstairs" - hmmm....wasn't tied so tightly after all. This is bullshit - all of it.

by Anonymousreply 15May 12, 2021 7:21 PM

Why would they strangle a woman when moments before they'd been threatening her child with guns?

by Anonymousreply 16May 12, 2021 7:35 PM

I'll wager that the security cameras were conveniently turned off or not working that night.

Greek national marries teenager to escape Greece, feels it was a rash decision after Brexit, and now feels trapped into a marriage with an immature wife and a baby he delayed for 3 years.

by Anonymousreply 17May 12, 2021 7:37 PM

R14 Guilty or not guilty?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 12, 2021 7:41 PM

R17, the wife was born and raised in Greece and they lived in Greece.

The grieving widower is even talking to the media (ok, the ambushed him). He says he doesn't want anyone else to go through what he went through. He also says the police know what they're doing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 12, 2021 7:44 PM

The police apparently think it's the work of a violent criminal gang. They also think that this gang must somehow have known that the family had taken a large amount of cash out of the bank to pay for some construction work, which they were keeping at home.

by Anonymousreply 20May 12, 2021 7:46 PM

Most women murdered by their partners are strangled, which is a shocking coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 21May 12, 2021 8:50 PM

A gang that murders its victims by strangulation, which takes longer than shooting with gun?

Husband marries a hot teenager, but instead of having fun times with hot and dumb teenager, he gets anchored down with teen mom and baby. There’s also the psychology of men who marry teenagers, I’m mainly talking about Western men whose cultures aren’t backwards in terms of treatment of women/ arranged marriages. These men are usually after control, both emotional and physical. When they perceive their teen brides as growing out of youthful helplessness and reliance on them, they often become possessively violent.

by Anonymousreply 22May 12, 2021 9:51 PM

Let's not jump to conclusions. The husband is a victim too. He just wasn't killed.

by Anonymousreply 23May 12, 2021 9:57 PM

We need this man....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 12, 2021 10:26 PM

Don't tell me that whore Marietta Hartley has something to do with this!

by Anonymousreply 25May 12, 2021 10:45 PM

Future Dateline episode.

"She loved that little baby and was a great mother."

It doesn't look good for dad. Why are these murderers so dumb?

by Anonymousreply 26May 12, 2021 10:50 PM

The Daily Mail has picked up the story. That is unlikely to end well for Zorba.

by Anonymousreply 27May 12, 2021 10:51 PM

[quote]The husband says that the gang were speaking among themselves in a foreign language that he couldn't identify.

Could he just blame a black man like I did?

by Anonymousreply 28May 12, 2021 10:55 PM

That's a very elaborate, dangerous scheme for the husband to have anything to do with it. He's putting himself in the line of fire with the killers.

by Anonymousreply 29May 12, 2021 10:56 PM

It’s amazing that the killers kept the only witness alive.

by Anonymousreply 30May 12, 2021 10:57 PM

R29

It's actually kind of easy. You hire killers to kill your wife and just mildly beat you up.

by Anonymousreply 31May 12, 2021 10:58 PM

Speaking in foreign language that he couldn’t identify. Interesting. Because most Europeans I know are really good at telling apart different European languages, even non-neighboring countries.

by Anonymousreply 32May 12, 2021 10:58 PM

No, not the dog! Damn it.

by Anonymousreply 33May 12, 2021 11:00 PM

R32 He’s also a pilot who’s worked and lived? in Dubai, he should understand different languages.

by Anonymousreply 34May 12, 2021 11:00 PM

The dog is weird to me. He didn't have to kill the dog or take the time to hang it from a fence. That's odd to me. The Mail says "Miss Crouch, born to a British father and Filipino mother, was suffocated with a pair of trousers, and a piece of fabric was found inside her mouth." Maybe she actually did suffocate, maybe it wasn't a strangulation.

by Anonymousreply 35May 12, 2021 11:00 PM

Is there evidence other than his word that there was a gang?

by Anonymousreply 36May 12, 2021 11:14 PM

From the Independent:

[quote]An autopsy report from a state coroner on Wednesday said “no struggle appeared have ensued between the victim and her assailants. “There were no bruises or signs that she may have struggled with them.”

[quote]While local media had initially reported the husband told police the intruders had pointed a gun towards the baby’s head, Mr Hasiotis said there was “no indication or testimony” to suggest this.

by Anonymousreply 37May 12, 2021 11:23 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38May 12, 2021 11:23 PM

I saw the interview. He doesn't seem very sad about his wife.

And he puts his sadness into how it impacted him. "I just don't want another family to go through what I went through." That's a big tell.

by Anonymousreply 39May 12, 2021 11:26 PM

There is already a subreddit dedicated to the case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40May 12, 2021 11:27 PM

If it were the husband, which I am not going to speculate now, my question would be for him or any other husband suspect (I'm thinking of Scott Peterson from several years ago): If you don't like your living situation with your wife for whatever reason, why don't you just leave? Get a divorce? Or quietly walk away if you don't want to leave in a civilized, legal way via a court-ordered separation?

Why kill someone when you can just walk out the door and leave?

by Anonymousreply 41May 12, 2021 11:27 PM

R20 Who takes a large sum of money of a bank to pay for something when checks and/or credit cards are safer? Fishy!

by Anonymousreply 42May 12, 2021 11:33 PM

^^ Hello?

by Anonymousreply 43May 12, 2021 11:33 PM

It's a good question, R41 but there could be several possibilities: she was killed in the heat of the moment and he now needs a cover; he wants insurance money; he simply wants the wife out of his future life to not pay alimony/deal with custody; he's a coward who wants an out without the shame of divorce and explaining why (like Shrien Dewani?); he's simply not very bright like a lot of criminals.. there are a lot of possibilities.

by Anonymousreply 44May 12, 2021 11:34 PM

Maybe he took out the cash to pay for hitmen or to bribe the judge/ police.

by Anonymousreply 45May 12, 2021 11:42 PM

R44. Thanks. It's a question I've often wondered about since the "shame of divorce" or being called a "coward" for leaving your marriage is a hell of a lot easier than being accused of murder and ending up with a life sentence in prison.

by Anonymousreply 46May 12, 2021 11:44 PM

Or maybe the husband had some nefarious relationship with local crime syndicates, and this was done to send him a message. That could be his only excuse of not being injured while his wife was murdered.

by Anonymousreply 47May 12, 2021 11:45 PM

I've reviewed all the evidence (i.e. looked him up on Google Images) and hereby acquit him of all charges.

by Anonymousreply 48May 12, 2021 11:47 PM

They have a lovely home. Great life on the sea. This story could go either way IMO.

by Anonymousreply 49May 12, 2021 11:47 PM

I hope the husband is not involved.

by Anonymousreply 50May 12, 2021 11:48 PM

[quote]Police have described the crime as the ‘most heinous’ they have ever investigated, and say it was carried out with a ‘brutality’ that is rare in Greece. Pictured: the house where the murder took place

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51May 12, 2021 11:48 PM

R41, Scott didn't want to pay alimony and child support

by Anonymousreply 52May 12, 2021 11:48 PM

[quote]The burglars walked through a path (pictured) to the back of the house to access the property before the attack took place

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53May 12, 2021 11:49 PM

Images at R51 & R53 are from this article

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54May 12, 2021 11:49 PM

He's not really that hot

by Anonymousreply 55May 12, 2021 11:51 PM

[quote]Forensic marks seen on the door and windows in the rear yard of the house where the burglars are believed to have entered

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56May 12, 2021 11:51 PM

R46, you and me both but some people are very, very ashamed of being gay, maybe more so if they come from a very homophobic culture and want to do anything other than it come out. Hence all the closet cases in marriages that you get. (I'm not saying that I think that's the case here though.)

by Anonymousreply 57May 12, 2021 11:53 PM

Probably some of those Somalian refugees . He wasnt tired of fucking her,she was beautiful.Plus he was gone a lot,so Im sure he was glad to get home so he could fuck her. Nope,some savage refugees from one of those shit hole countries.

by Anonymousreply 58May 12, 2021 11:56 PM

Are we sure this isn’t Armie Hammer?

by Anonymousreply 59May 12, 2021 11:58 PM

He’s a pilot, so possibility for relationship with crime syndicates, transporting contrabands and/ or cash. There are all sorts of possible scenarios because the oddity of him being unharmed but his wife killed is striking.

by Anonymousreply 60May 13, 2021 12:07 AM

It's a prearranged murder and funeral by the loving husband who thinks he's smarter than everyone on earth. His girl friend will eventually rat him out.

by Anonymousreply 61May 13, 2021 12:10 AM

[QUOTE] Probably some of those Somalian refugees . He wasnt tired of fucking her,she was beautiful.Plus he was gone a lot,so Im sure he was glad to get home so he could fuck her. Nope,some savage refugees from one of those shit hole countries.

If they were Somali refugees, R58, they probably would’ve raped her.

by Anonymousreply 62May 13, 2021 12:10 AM

He begged them not to hurt her - just kill her, as agreed and paid for.

by Anonymousreply 63May 13, 2021 12:17 AM

He is, as the kids say, is sus.

by Anonymousreply 64May 13, 2021 12:21 AM

I want to hear him beg before I can judge..

by Anonymousreply 65May 13, 2021 12:22 AM

If you're going to pay a gang to kill your wife, you'd do it to give yourself an alibi or you'd make sure there was CCTV. This gang story is more likely to be made up than that, I'd think because it's such a huge complication otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 66May 13, 2021 12:24 AM

R62 probably supports GOP sexual predators like Madison Cawthorn, Matt Gaetz, and Josh Duggar

by Anonymousreply 67May 13, 2021 12:26 AM

If he hired 3 guys to kill her he would have arranged the hit to occur while he was away working. Unless he's a moron.

by Anonymousreply 68May 13, 2021 12:26 AM

R44: you forgot because it was Christmas. Or it's the season you lose your reason.

by Anonymousreply 69May 13, 2021 12:28 AM

Well the police can quickly sniff out the gang angle. This probably wouldn’t be the first time they’d done such a thing. Has this happened before in that area? Does the crime look familiar to investigators? If not, they’re already digging into the husband’s background without giving any indication that he’s a suspect.

by Anonymousreply 70May 13, 2021 12:28 AM

If his story is true, they smothered her accidentally. Someone chose not to kill him or that baby, so logically they killed her accidentally. Also, the dead dog. Who kills a dog [italic]and[/italic] makes a show of it? Hard to imagine it was him. Unless he hated the dog. He didn't have the balls to kill the baby. Doesn't seem unlikely he didn't have the balls to kill the dog either, which shifts it back to intruders and a deliberate killing of the dog to silence it given it's potential reaction to strangers and the accidental smothering/choking/asphyxiation of the wife given the nature of what has been reported (if it's true.) They may have had the guns for effect but at five in the morning didn't want the sound of shots fired. Though there had already been screaming. But with a subdued husband and a dead dog, stuffing someone's mouth to silence them (but not kill them) makes a certain amount of this is rapidly not going according to plan and getting out of control sense.

Or she didn't die accidentally at all.

by Anonymousreply 71May 13, 2021 12:34 AM

Sorry, that house is hideous.

by Anonymousreply 72May 13, 2021 12:40 AM

Probably the same guys who murdered OJ's wife.

by Anonymousreply 73May 13, 2021 12:42 AM

I'm gonna help him.find the real killer. Just after I finish this golf game

by Anonymousreply 74May 13, 2021 12:43 AM

He's surely pissed to have a daughter and not a son.

by Anonymousreply 75May 13, 2021 12:44 AM

Not that attractive—thus, he’s the obvious killer

by Anonymousreply 76May 13, 2021 12:50 AM

R9, but premature fraudom is such a depressing condition.

by Anonymousreply 77May 13, 2021 1:29 AM

I thought she looks asian, she's very pretty. So afterwards , the husband managed to break free from being tied in a chair downstairs, safely away from the scene of the crime upstairs? Okay.

by Anonymousreply 78May 13, 2021 1:56 AM

[quote] 18k is a lot of drachmas.

Tell me about it.

by Anonymousreply 79May 13, 2021 1:58 AM

She looks Asian because she's half Phillippina. .

by Anonymousreply 80May 13, 2021 2:01 AM

Did they leave one of the attackers with the husband to fan him while the others beat and strangled and killed the wife?

by Anonymousreply 81May 13, 2021 2:03 AM

Being Greek, I wonder if he expected anal.

by Anonymousreply 82May 13, 2021 3:16 AM

Being Greek, I wonder if he lubes up with olive oil instead of commercial lube.

by Anonymousreply 83May 13, 2021 3:36 AM

Every Greek I’ve ever met was mentally unstable.

by Anonymousreply 84May 13, 2021 4:06 AM

R83, tzatziki.

by Anonymousreply 85May 13, 2021 4:16 AM

Capital controls have been in place off and on in Greece since the 2009 economic crash so many Greeks keep cash at home. Taxes have increased drastically since then too so people get discounts for paying cash. This story is fishy though. It makes no sense that they killed her but left him live.

by Anonymousreply 86May 13, 2021 4:27 AM

He is super cute. I don't find her pretty at all. The Eurasian look is not attractive to me. Plus a screaming baby, and she was probably getting fat. Acquit!

by Anonymousreply 87May 13, 2021 4:39 AM

Most straight men I know find exotic Eurasian looks to be extremely attractive. There’s a noticeable blend of both races with European/ Asian genes that makes for so-called exotic contrast. But sometimes it goes all one way, like a friend who’s half Japanese/ white, she’s pale as fuck with carrot red hair and green eyes. The only giveaway that she’s half Asian is her eyes are monolid.

This unfortunate, murdered woman, Caroline Crouch, was pretty but not standout beautiful. She looked to be sweet in her IG video posted last week which showed her playing with her daughter. Her daughter hopefully will not have lingering memories of being next to her mother while she was being murdered.

by Anonymousreply 88May 13, 2021 4:58 AM

[quote] She looks Asian because she's half Phillippina. . Filipina, please.

If the young man didn’t recognize the language the intruders spoke, it could just be that their small, foreign faction was indeed very, very small.

by Anonymousreply 89May 13, 2021 5:11 AM

From Reddit:

I did a criminology degree and one particular fact always stuck in my head. - When a female is murdered, over 90% of the time the victim is acquainted to the perpetrator. I am actually underselling it. It is closer to 100% than it is 90%. That statistic is consistent in every country on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 90May 13, 2021 5:24 AM

Hmm, “acquainted to”

by Anonymousreply 91May 13, 2021 5:26 AM

Story sounds like pure and utter BS. If they wanted to force the wife to reveal the location of the valuables, it would have been so much easier to just threaten to kill the husband. No need to torture her. And I can't imagine why she would stay mum long enough to the point that they ended up mortally wounding her.

by Anonymousreply 92May 13, 2021 5:27 AM

r42 The rest of the story is dodgy as hell but that's not so strange. Most self employed builders/plumbers/roofers etc. would rather be paid in cash since it makes it easier to evade tax, and probably don't have a card reader anyway.

by Anonymousreply 93May 13, 2021 5:30 AM

Any developments? Are the Greek police going to screw it up?

by Anonymousreply 94May 13, 2021 5:30 AM

THAT COULD HAVE BEEN MEEEE!!!

by Anonymousreply 95May 13, 2021 5:33 AM

R93 How convenient he had a lot of money around to appease the intruders and save his own life even though he's the only witness?

by Anonymousreply 96May 13, 2021 6:59 AM

He obviously did it. The Greek police must be playing that game to get him to incriminate himself somehow.

by Anonymousreply 97May 13, 2021 7:07 AM

The contractors knew the man and his wife had money in the house, so they hired some Gypsy thugs to get the money. Then shit happened. His wife was cute, unlike Chris Watts' wife, so I don't think he wanted her killed though.

by Anonymousreply 98May 13, 2021 7:24 AM

R42, it is very common to pay people in cash in Greece. There is an ongoing game with the tax people.

Many Western European’s would struggled to decipher which Eastern European language is being spoken. I can work out most Western European languages - might get a bit stuck with the Scandinavian ones - and possibly pick up if someone is speaking Polish or Russian but I wouldn’t even hazard a guess at any of the others.

by Anonymousreply 99May 13, 2021 7:29 AM

R99, here. I apologise for the rogue apostrophe.

by Anonymousreply 100May 13, 2021 7:31 AM

How convenient that the intruders broke the CCTV camera when they entered the house. That'll make it very hard to identify them.

by Anonymousreply 101May 13, 2021 9:31 AM

The european version of Smoking hot pastors wife killed after failed "robbery". Also married to an (half) asian woman? We know what that means.

by Anonymousreply 102May 13, 2021 9:45 AM

[quote] (half) asian

He’s bi ?

by Anonymousreply 103May 13, 2021 9:52 AM

[quote]There is already a subreddit dedicated to the case.

Because it involves attractive people. Make them a couple of fatties from KY and no one would care

by Anonymousreply 104May 13, 2021 11:16 AM

the Daily Mail article says they met in 2017 - wtf, she was 17 or possibly 16?

by Anonymousreply 105May 13, 2021 11:23 AM

[quote]The Greek police must be playing that game to get him to incriminate himself somehow.

Well, one remembers the exceptional work of the Portuguese police after Madeleine McCann went missing...

by Anonymousreply 106May 13, 2021 11:38 AM

He walked in on her killing the dog so he hired a gang of thugs, who happened to be passing by, to kill her. Things really got out of control when one of the thugs tied him up and gave him a blowjob while the other thugs smothered his dog-murdering wife.

by Anonymousreply 107May 13, 2021 12:04 PM

[quote]Who takes a large sum of money of a bank to pay for something when checks and/or credit cards are safer? Fishy!

R42: The clue could have been alluded to in R20's post:

[quote]The police apparently think it's the work of a violent criminal gang. They also think that this gang must somehow have known that the family had taken a large amount of cash out of the bank to pay for some construction work, which they were keeping at home.

Electronic payments are easily trackable in Greece and various other countries, and because of that some contractors will offer a substantial discount if you can pay some part of a job in cash -- allowing the contractor to avoid tax on the cash part of the payment. In the same fashion, a seller of a property may discount the price beyond the amount of a "cash discount"; the cash part of the transaction if off the books, never officially recorded nor the actual purchase price fully reflected in the property transaction records. There are other techniques but it's a way of exchanging some sums of money outside the scope of scrutiny.

Personal checks are almost 20 years out of fashion in much of Europe. Credit cards are easily used at shops and with some vendors, but if not a proper retail establishment, rent, a second-hand car or something bought on an Ebay equivalent, or the money you owe a friend for a holiday together, all are exchanged by sharing account numbers and making deposits that show up immediately. At a certain level those attract attention relative one's income and can come under scrutiny. That's where contractors and others try sometimes to get a few thousand off the books.

by Anonymousreply 108May 13, 2021 12:06 PM

The Mail article today says police untied him. The article suggests to me this might be what it seems, a death during a robbery.

by Anonymousreply 109May 13, 2021 12:22 PM

R109 - but he said he wiggled himself free and ran up there as fast as he could?

And - isn't it always people speaking a foreign language? Blame it on immigrants/foreigners. He may have well said 3-5 black men.

I looked up some other Greek media and there have been 3 others in and around Athens who had been killed recently during robberies - but they were all very elderly, and didn't die as a result of direct violence but from falls and heart attacks.

I think he was trying to tie this to these incidents.

by Anonymousreply 110May 13, 2021 1:34 PM

"This unfortunate, murdered woman, Caroline Crouch, was pretty but not standout beautiful."

In spite of what some people here insist the man wasn't standout attractive, either

by Anonymousreply 111May 13, 2021 3:37 PM

R109 'the police untied him'

He would've wanted the men to tie him up to make it look authentic.

They killed 2 people and left a witness alive!! WTF!!!

by Anonymousreply 112May 13, 2021 3:49 PM

R112 they killed one woman and a dog. The story sounds fishy to me. Why leave a witness alive if you’ve already killed one.

by Anonymousreply 113May 13, 2021 3:52 PM

Yes, the most troubling part is that, r113. And why threaten her, when he probably knew where the money was. It just sounds fishy that they didn’t do anything to him to find out where the money was.

by Anonymousreply 114May 13, 2021 4:05 PM

r87 Latvian guy was a bag of bacteriae and virus, like all gays are. Fire is purifying.

by Anonymousreply 115May 13, 2021 4:34 PM

People get killed in robberies all the time; the reason this one is getting international attention is because the media outlets know the husband did it and want to attract readers who will follow the story through the inevitable trial of the husband.

by Anonymousreply 116May 13, 2021 5:02 PM

^And both partners are easy on the eye. No-one cares about us fugs.

by Anonymousreply 117May 13, 2021 5:11 PM

R117 “Us”? Hey - I was cute 15 years ago!

by Anonymousreply 118May 13, 2021 6:11 PM

Apologies, R118. I was speaking about myself and my fellow fugs, but didn't mean to imply that you were among that group.

by Anonymousreply 119May 13, 2021 6:18 PM

r27 "Zorba" lmao

by Anonymousreply 120May 13, 2021 6:37 PM

This story is fishier than Farrah Moan. J'accuse the hot husband!!! We need more evidence... I think he should made to display his nude body for inspection and verificatia of sizemeat. STAT.

by Anonymousreply 121May 13, 2021 6:55 PM

The police have suspects. They have evidence that other men were involved. So while the theory that he paid them to do it might still shake out in the end (something I find to be implausible), this wasn’t the work of a lone madman with a crazy tale.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122May 13, 2021 7:20 PM

The dog hanging on the fence is puzzling.

by Anonymousreply 123May 13, 2021 7:20 PM

Reputable, insured, licensed contractors wouldn't demand cash would they? What benefit does the homeowner get? What if the contractors do a bad job or don't finish? What recourse does the homeowner have? Except for getting a limited amount of cash from ATMs who still withdraws large sums of money from a bank with online banking and money transfers available? I'm waiting to hear that this guy had a sizable life insurance policy on his wife and child.

by Anonymousreply 124May 13, 2021 7:49 PM

R124, you misunderstand a lot of Europe in terms of your expectations about how business is done.

by Anonymousreply 125May 13, 2021 7:50 PM

[quote]The dog is weird to me. He didn't have to kill the dog or take the time to hang it from a fence. That's odd to me.

Either to terrorize the wife into telling the robbers where the money was

OR

It was her dog, untrained, and the husband had had enough.

by Anonymousreply 126May 13, 2021 7:55 PM

It's quite common in Greece and many other European countries to pay for household renovations and improvements in cash, no receipt given. The builders don't have to pay tax on it and the customer avoids paying VAT.

by Anonymousreply 127May 13, 2021 8:06 PM

R125 So educate me. I'm listening. I've been to the UK, Portugal, Spain and Italy, but not Greece. Rarely used cash while in Europe even taxis take credit cards.

by Anonymousreply 128May 13, 2021 8:06 PM

R123

I think that's the husband's express command. Show how bloodthirsty these criminals were -- even hanging a poor little dog.

It also deflects away from the thugs killing only the wife. Hubby probably loves the baby.

by Anonymousreply 129May 13, 2021 8:07 PM

R128, see r127. Specifically, for VAT items, cash is often preferable.

by Anonymousreply 130May 13, 2021 8:16 PM

So far all signs point to this being the real deal, R129. The police have suspects. They are currently chasing them. This is unlike previous cases of guilty spouses making up stories. Investigators were probably skeptical from the beginning, but now they have something that lends credibility to the husband’s story.

by Anonymousreply 131May 13, 2021 8:16 PM

Why leave any survivors? You at least would kill the husband too right? Why leave him alive to talk?

He's fucking guilty as sin.

by Anonymousreply 132May 13, 2021 8:24 PM

r124 They would and do. Its extremely common in the UK even with all our regulations. The other month I had about £1300 overnight in the house when I had to pay for new double glazing. I'd imagine in Greece which has a much bigger nudge nudge wink wink style of business if you tried to pay for work in card or check they'd laugh in your face. European contractors don't want easily traceable cash since it makes it easier for the taxman.

by Anonymousreply 133May 13, 2021 8:24 PM

Its been explained multiple times.

by Anonymousreply 134May 13, 2021 8:27 PM

Apparently R128's experience as a tourist is the definitive account of how life is conducted by people who actually live in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 135May 13, 2021 8:30 PM

R128, I don't know if you were educated, but you were certainly schooled.

by Anonymousreply 136May 13, 2021 8:31 PM

"Speaking in foreign language that he couldn’t identify",

See, murderous foreign factions are everywhere!

by Anonymousreply 137May 13, 2021 8:33 PM

R128 sounds like the dumb ass sister-in-law we all have.

by Anonymousreply 138May 13, 2021 8:33 PM

R138 It may have been explained multiple times but yet to hear what the homeowner gets from paying cash? And why people assume if that's their personal experience in the UK than wink wink it must be more so in Greece. Is cash mandatory? You can't do business with checks or money transfers which is safer, faster, easier? A lot of the answers sound less informed than applying stereotypes.

by Anonymousreply 139May 13, 2021 8:40 PM

R128 is so naive. Pull that credit card out in Berlin, and prepare to be berated by a cab driver (because there's no Uber). I've been driven to an ATM in France by a cab driver who refused a credit card and insisted on cash or he'd call the police.

by Anonymousreply 140May 13, 2021 8:42 PM

R139, they don’t have to pay a tax (VAT). Which is upward of 18 percent on .some things.

by Anonymousreply 141May 13, 2021 8:43 PM

I suppose a determined American has not clue what VAT stands for. Even a well traveled one.

by Anonymousreply 142May 13, 2021 8:47 PM

Plus the vendor doesn't declare the income so the price is generally lower than if done according to Hoyle.

by Anonymousreply 143May 13, 2021 8:47 PM

R140 and contracting a business with large sums of money is different than a cab driver, but why wouldn't a cabbie prefer a card as opposed to having to carry cash around, make change and possibly get robbed?

by Anonymousreply 144May 13, 2021 8:48 PM

Who is Hoyle?

by Anonymousreply 145May 13, 2021 8:48 PM

Why won't they do things everywhere like we do in America???????

by Anonymousreply 146May 13, 2021 8:48 PM

They would if they traveled to Europe and actually looked at their hotel room bill, r142. VAT is explicitly spelled out there (and it’s a lot of money).

by Anonymousreply 147May 13, 2021 8:50 PM

R146 Who's American? Who are you referring to? More stereotyping?

by Anonymousreply 148May 13, 2021 8:51 PM

R144, because they have to pay a credit card fee. Cash is still king in most places. That’s why you’ll often get a discount if paying in cash.

by Anonymousreply 149May 13, 2021 8:51 PM

r144, large parts of Europe are cash based. This is more pronounced where populations are concerned about privacy (Germany) or where tax-avoidance is rampant (Italy and, again, Germany).

by Anonymousreply 150May 13, 2021 8:51 PM

R139 I'm not stereotyping so much as speaking from experience of using contractors and having a few workmen friends. Unless the bill is running into multiple thousands of pounds the most common way to pay is in cash. They also pay their workmen in cash to further shift the tax bill. One particularly dodgy guy my friend worked for alternatively paid him in bank of England notes, the next in Clydesdale notes and finally in Bank of Ireland ones. This level of suspicious financial transaction happened in a licenced UK firm. Now imagine it in Greece.

by Anonymousreply 151May 13, 2021 8:55 PM

Yes, sure r140, the police.

Could have been funny, him trying to explain to the cops why he doesn't want your credit card.

by Anonymousreply 152May 13, 2021 8:56 PM

R148..... I'm referring to you... who based your determined point of view on your many travels. And given your heavy posting on New Yorkers reacting to the sudden reopening, I'm guessing Sweden or Malta or Austria or Spain or any other country outside the states isn't home.

by Anonymousreply 153May 13, 2021 9:00 PM

R140 Did he make it queer, I mean clear upfront that he only accept cash? OUI! OUI!

by Anonymousreply 154May 13, 2021 9:00 PM

In France you get a contractor that you pay by check when you're buying new windows, radiators, boiler etc... and want to be protected by the garantee. But when a plumber come to help with the boiler, toilet etc... he generally get paid in cash, or half/half if you don't have enough cash on you an it's an emergency.

R17 Greeks are European citizens, they can live and work where they want in Europe (outside UK now, but it used to be the case as well...) no need to marry a brit to "get out" of Greece.

by Anonymousreply 155May 13, 2021 9:03 PM

[quote]Reputable, insured, licensed contractors wouldn't demand cash would they? What benefit does the homeowner get?

Your reputable insured, licensed contractor treats you as a friend and offers to do a €24,000 job for €18,000, but asks for, say, €4,000 or €6,000 to be paid in cash; the invoices (which he pays by bank transfer) reflect a €14, or €12,000 project. The homeowner gets a benefit of €6,000 savings, the difference between the normal cost and the friends-&-family pricing; his "cost" is the nuisance/risk of handing off a pile of black money.

by Anonymousreply 156May 13, 2021 9:03 PM

R140 You were naive to believe he would have called the police!

by Anonymousreply 157May 13, 2021 11:19 PM

[quote] The dog hanging on the fence is puzzling.

How so?

by Anonymousreply 158May 13, 2021 11:40 PM

R153 "Why won't they do things everywhere like we do in America??????

Not sure what that has to do with anything I posted.

by Anonymousreply 159May 13, 2021 11:45 PM

[quote]in the pictures of the husband during his chat with the media, and in images of him post home invasion, his wrists are showing. The wrists don’t appear to show any sign of bruising or trauma - which given that he was apparently bound and tied, then struggled to free himself, is also unusual.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160May 14, 2021 1:45 AM

Oh STFU R128, this is not thread for you to get wisdom here, you stupid cunt. I want to read about the murder case, not your naivety and retardation.

by Anonymousreply 161May 14, 2021 1:59 AM

R161 There's plenty to read about this case and not only on DL. The thread devolved into speculation and theories and even judgement of the couple based on looks . . . as always on DL it can go astray and that's not my doing. Why not try a straight (in every sense of the word) news source?

by Anonymousreply 162May 14, 2021 4:00 AM

R128, I use my card everywhere in Europe and, from what I understand, it's even easier to pay by debit card for things in Europe than in the US. Anything you buy in a store, bills, small cash amounts for cabs, etc. most people these days pay for by card or online bank transfer. By law, you should be able to pay by card everywhere. But when it comes services that are not professional services (e.g. a lawyer) then a large share of this is paid cash in hand to avoid (for the customer) Value Added Tax (VAT, I guess the nearest American equivalent is sales tax) and so the tradesperson can avoid declaring the income.

I hate operating like this, but when VAT can add an extra 25% to the final bill in some countries, you can see the temptation. An example. Last summer, I had air conditioning installed. I paid fully for the AC units and for the added installation service, by card in the store and got a receipt. When the technicians came to install the AC units they offered, for an extra 70 euros, to fix something between the walls and the AC units to reduce the noise. I wanted to pay by card but they said that would make the final bill almost 100 euros as they would have to add VAT. Also, the way they say it to you, as though it's a burden to pay for this little extra by card and it's in your interest too to pay by cash.

Anything that involves builders, craftsmen, gardeners, painters, decorators, etc. can be paid for by cash in this way. To add, this is for private households - if you're a business then it's in your interest to get receipts for this work as it will be calculated as an expense and hence reduce your tax bill and you are VAT exempt.

by Anonymousreply 163May 14, 2021 1:21 PM

"The dog hanging on the fence is puzzling"

We assume they killed the dog first and left it hanging on the banister later on, like some kind of perverse ritual, but IMO the dog was still alive when they did so and the purpose was to strangle it using his weight and gravity. I bet poor thing struggled.

by Anonymousreply 164May 14, 2021 2:06 PM

Is DL going to start saying that the wife was involved in a MLM hummus selling scam?

by Anonymousreply 165May 14, 2021 2:10 PM

This story makes no sense. Why didn’t they tape up the woman’s face and mouth, too? They killed her to stop her screams but they taped up the husband’s mouth?

I read that the dog was a husky. Someone took the time to hoist a heavy dog onto a fence?

by Anonymousreply 166May 14, 2021 2:17 PM

Those going on and on about the cash angle simply don't understand life on the Med. Cash is King.

by Anonymousreply 167May 14, 2021 2:22 PM

r167 And you don't understand life free on cliches and prejudice.

by Anonymousreply 168May 14, 2021 2:27 PM

Is life free on cliches and prejudice? I could manage that given the balance.

by Anonymousreply 169May 14, 2021 2:29 PM

During disheartening moments of my life, it always comes back to me that Greece somehow unbelievably won Euro 2004.

Technically they shouldn’t even be competing in or qualifying for that tournament, let alone winning it. Their team that year was decent but not champion-level; they got very, very lucky.

That year was shambolic for this reason and others. Still, it was still 200 times better than this year or the last few years, and I’d go back in a time machine right now and relieve the agony of that Euros again just to escape the current hellish reality.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170May 14, 2021 2:34 PM

^ So, the husband gets a pass?

Really not following.

by Anonymousreply 171May 14, 2021 2:35 PM

R168. WTF are you going on about, imbecile? Have you ever lived on the Med or the Adriatic? No, I didn't think so. Shut you ignorant pie hole.

by Anonymousreply 172May 14, 2021 2:45 PM

Moussaka hole, surely.

by Anonymousreply 173May 14, 2021 2:54 PM

Indeed.

by Anonymousreply 174May 14, 2021 3:37 PM

The baby was trying to wake its mom up, hitting her.

I remember a similar detail from the Christa Worthington case. The poor child was trying to nurse, in that one.

That’s the kind of detail that, if this ever goes to trial, will absolutely FRY the defendant(s) in such a mother-centric country.

by Anonymousreply 175May 14, 2021 3:50 PM

Stinky hinky.

Most robbers want to get in and get out when the occupants of the house are not there.

The husband attended the funeral; I wonder what kind of reception he got.

by Anonymousreply 176May 14, 2021 4:00 PM

It’s possible that he was involved in some kind of funky business, being a helicopter pilot. Maybe he stole money from some drug runners or something, and they came and tried to collect. Killing the wife *could* have been an accident, but the dog was a message.

Of course I’m also willing to believe he hired them and set it up. Because vengeful criminals would have hurt him a little, too. And they’d want him to watch his wife suffer.

by Anonymousreply 177May 14, 2021 4:03 PM

I suspect the involvement of a small foreign faction.

by Anonymousreply 178May 14, 2021 4:10 PM

R84 Case in point--the entire Sedaris family

by Anonymousreply 179May 14, 2021 4:12 PM

It's also possible (if we give the husband the benefit of the doubt and assume that he's telling the truth) that it wasn't a rational kind of robbery. I'm reminded of 'In Cold Blood' which is the account of a true life crime. Basically, a pair of guys went to a family home they thought had a large amount of cash in it, to steal. They ended up killing everyone in the house. So there's always the possibility it simply wasn't rational. Whoever hung the dog had to be a psycho at the least.

by Anonymousreply 180May 14, 2021 4:12 PM

"It’s possible that he was involved in some kind of funky business, being a helicopter pilot. Maybe he stole money from some drug runners or something, and they came and tried to collect. "

If so, why would they tie him up, gag him, and ignore him, while they went to torture the wife - if he was the one involved in shady stuff? Hell, why would any random gang of criminals gag and ignore him and demand that the wife tell them where the money was? In a household with a 40-year-old husband and a 20-year-old wife, most people would assume that he's the one controlling the money.

No, I think it was a setup, because she either wanted to leave or she met a guy her own age. Or he saw her talking to some neighbor's son that was near her own age.

by Anonymousreply 181May 14, 2021 4:26 PM

attractive white + asian wife = gay

by Anonymousreply 182May 14, 2021 4:42 PM

Yeah, well, maybe HE was the one who met a guy her age.

by Anonymousreply 183May 14, 2021 4:50 PM

Why would gay men go for an Asian woman? I sort of don't get that link. The two white men I know who have Asian wives are definitely straight, I think they had an Asian fetish. One of them went to live in Japan and got depressed because he couldn't get a Japanese girlfriend. Then later on after he moved back to the US he married a Chinese-ethnicity woman.

by Anonymousreply 184May 14, 2021 4:50 PM

R181, sort of a warning-type thing? Next time we’ll do this to your kid...? I don’t know. You make great points.

I read that the police are acting like it was the contractor who is responsible for this. Why would they put that out there? I think they’re letting the husband think he got away with something and he’s under strict surveillance.

Whoever did this is in big trouble.

by Anonymousreply 185May 14, 2021 5:14 PM

Too bad Greece doesn't have the death penalty. The thugs deserve to be hanged.

by Anonymousreply 186May 14, 2021 5:15 PM

This is reminding me a lot of Agatha Christie’s ‘The Murder on the Links’.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187May 14, 2021 5:16 PM

R186, maybe they aren't uneducated freepers like you

by Anonymousreply 188May 14, 2021 5:23 PM

(R188). Try again. Juris doctorate here.

But I guess you only have a community college degree, at most.

by Anonymousreply 189May 14, 2021 5:27 PM

R189, studies show that the more educated you are, the more likely you are to be against the death penalty. Educated people are more likely to have social liberal views, like supporting gay rights and abortion rights. Anyone can lie about their background on the internet. Anyone can lie about their background. But I'm on the same side as the smart people, you're on the same side as the Trumpsters. So go ahead and attack me if you want.

by Anonymousreply 190May 14, 2021 5:45 PM

FWIW, I knew a girl in high school whose dad got into financial trouble, and tried to hire a hit man to kill his entire family for the insurance money. He asked the hit man (who turned out to be an undercover cop, oops) to kill the dog too. I guess he thought it would make it look better? (Like clearly it must have been a psycho killer or something, otherwise why kill the dog too?) If the purpose of killing the dog was to prevent it from attracting attention to a crew that was spending a long time at the scene, why hang it up outside?9

On the other hand, people do sometimes commit completely idiotic robberies that make no sense to anyone. Google yourself the Gage Park massacre sometime when you want to despair of humanity, for exampl.

by Anonymousreply 191May 14, 2021 7:21 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192May 15, 2021 9:48 PM

Oh God, she was fifteen when they started dating???

He probably killed her because she got to old for him.

by Anonymousreply 193May 15, 2021 11:46 PM

[QUOTE] FWIW, I knew a girl in high school whose dad got into financial trouble, and tried to hire a hit man to kill his entire family for the insurance money. He asked the hit man (who turned out to be an undercover cop, oops) to kill the dog too.

What was the family’s name, R191? I’m sure something like that would’ve made the news.

by Anonymousreply 194May 16, 2021 12:47 AM

If the family pet is killed, too, I guess the guy can start completely over with no ties whatsoever. I mean, if he’s a psychopath, he’s not going to care about adults, children, or animals.

by Anonymousreply 195May 16, 2021 1:19 AM

The baby is still alive, R195..

by Anonymousreply 196May 16, 2021 1:34 AM

Not Albanians!

by Anonymousreply 197May 16, 2021 1:47 AM

R187, that is a very good point, it's very reminiscent, just with the sexes reversed.

by Anonymousreply 198May 16, 2021 6:53 AM

His story stinks.

I’m not going to judge based on his demeanor, because I’m usually calm and rational in a crisis and don’t like to display my emotions.

But for someone who was bound “like a sausage” and whose entire head was wrapped so thoroughly that he passed out from not being able to breathe... there’s no sign of it. Did they use masking tape or scotch tape? Duct tape pulls hair and skin off. His wrists haven’t a single mark on them.

by Anonymousreply 199May 16, 2021 10:36 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200May 16, 2021 11:43 AM

Stevie Wonder would know this guy did it.

by Anonymousreply 201May 16, 2021 11:46 AM

Chris! But hotter! And Greeker!

by Anonymousreply 202May 16, 2021 11:48 AM

R202, he is hotter. And he only had the wife killed, not the child. It’s safe to lust after him.

by Anonymousreply 203May 16, 2021 12:56 PM

So he saw the perp’s face and they left him alive to tell the tale?

by Anonymousreply 204May 16, 2021 1:02 PM

The perp was apparently fat.

by Anonymousreply 205May 16, 2021 2:18 PM

There had to have been more than one perp.

Unless he helped.

by Anonymousreply 206May 16, 2021 9:18 PM

There were apparently three perps, maybe four. The husband saw the face of one of them, who was fat.

by Anonymousreply 207May 16, 2021 10:06 PM

^ So his wife was killed by Chasten?

by Anonymousreply 208May 16, 2021 10:09 PM

Police saying that everything is still open, doesn't sound as if they have a solid lead.

“We are exploring all options because everything is still open,” police spokesman Theodoros Chronopoulos told The Independent. “[We] yet to establish any direct link … with the so-called “Georgian connection.”

by Anonymousreply 209May 17, 2021 9:57 PM

Two thoughts: if the husband didn’t do it, then the murderers are stone cold sociopaths who probably came from horrible backgrounds. Anyone who would hang a dog and torture is on a different level of your everyday murderer.

Or, hanging the dog and torture was overkill on the husband’s part to throw people off: “who would torture their wife and kill their dog?!”

by Anonymousreply 210May 19, 2021 8:59 PM

If they are as you say, r210, why didn't they kill everyone in the house?

by Anonymousreply 211May 19, 2021 9:34 PM

Who knows. Some people get spared some don’t. Maybe they were interrupted or were bored and decided to go. Life and luck are random.

by Anonymousreply 212May 19, 2021 9:41 PM

Link to article in Reddit post.

The article is in Greek so here are the OP’s comments:

[quote]Notable mentions:

[quote]- Still no camera footage of the 3-4 assailants, or any kind of proof of their existence

[quote]- New "mystery" testimony gives different perspectives to the case

[quote]- The body of Caroline shows absolutely no signs of struggle or fight

[quote]- The pilot was tied up with his elbows to the front of his body, which of course is highly unusual. Caroline was tied up properly with her elbows to her back

[quote]- The assailants didn't cut the power and phone lines and also left the Pilot's cell phone, with which he called the police one hour later

[quote]- Police poses the questions: a) why did the assailants kept pressing her head for 7-8 minutes, when after 1-2 minutes she would have passed out? b) why didn't they take the home security cameras but instead just removed the memory cards? c) What is the exact time of Caroline's death?

and one of the comments:

[quote]Correction : the article speaks of their personal cameras and not the security cameras. So basically the police found the couple's personal cameras at home with no memory cards inside. It would have made sense for them to take the cameras altogether instead of removing the memory cards if this was a robbery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213May 20, 2021 12:09 AM

Working link ^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214May 20, 2021 12:10 AM

So the husband is looking guiltier by the minute?

by Anonymousreply 215May 20, 2021 12:15 AM

[QUOTE] A man has been arrested over the brutal torture and murder of a young British mum while in her own home.

[QUOTE] On Sunday, a Georgian man came to the attention of Bulgarian authorities at the border because he had a fake passport.

[QUOTE] According to police, four days before the fatal home invasion, a similar home invasion occurred just 20 minutes from Caroline’s house.

[QUOTE] During that burglary, an elderly couple and their cleaner were bound and gagged as five men stole their belongings.

[QUOTE]DNA evidence puts the Georgian man at the scene.

[QUOTE]Given both crime scenes share the same modus operandi, authorities believe he played a part in Caroline’s murder.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216May 20, 2021 12:17 AM

No he isn’t, R215. Stop listening to Reddit and Twitter armchair detectives and wait for the real investigators to do their work.

by Anonymousreply 217May 20, 2021 12:19 AM

You may want to take your own advice, R217.

[quote]On Sunday police said a Georgian national arrested for trying to flee the country with a fake passport could be linked to the murder of Ms Crouch who is the daughter of a British couple who live on the Aegean island of Alonissos.

[quote]However, on Monday police seemed to shy away from the potential lead.

[quote]We are exploring all options because everything is still open,” police spokesman Theodoros Chronopoulos told The Independent. “[We] yet to establish any direct link … with the so-called “Georgian connection.”

by Anonymousreply 218May 20, 2021 12:23 AM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219May 20, 2021 12:23 AM

Here is a link for anyone who didn’t look at the Greek article at R213

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220May 20, 2021 12:25 AM

I got a rock in the morning and the boogie woogie flu

by Anonymousreply 221May 20, 2021 12:37 AM

^ Posted in wrong thread. Please ignore!

by Anonymousreply 222May 20, 2021 12:38 AM

I hope it was about mis-heard lyrics, r221!

by Anonymousreply 223May 20, 2021 1:02 AM

R215

I'm with you. The Georgian might be involved but only 'cause hubby hired him. This just reeks of femicide.

by Anonymousreply 224May 20, 2021 1:56 AM

"Greek police said they were investigating whether the robbers had been tipped off about their victims’ plans to buy a 100,000-euro plot of land in Drafi, a short drive from Glyka Nera.

Detectives think the thugs believed the cash was in the house, not realising the money had already changed hands.

Investigators believe this theory is consistent with the burglars’ demands for money even after Mr Anagnostopoulos had directed them to a 10,000-euro stash in a Monopoly box. "

by Anonymousreply 225May 20, 2021 2:45 AM

[quote]As for the Georgian who was arrested while trying to cross the border, and there is evidence that he is involved in a robbery in Pikermi, the authorities have interrogated him and so far no evidence has emerged that directly connects him with the Freshwater case.

[quote]So far, the fingerprints and DNA traces from the house have not shown identification with identified criminals.

[quote]there are many questions that the police investigating the case are asked to answer, such as why the perpetrators drowned the 20-year-old in the attic of the maisonette by pressing her head for 7-8 minutes, when after 1-2 minutes of pressure she could have faint and not react, while what they are also examining is that the victim -although according to the information- resisted the criminals does not bear any hack or sign of struggle.

[quote]The police also ask why the perpetrators tied the 32-year-old pilot with a rope and insulating tape and only the 20-year-old mother with her clothes, as well as why they chose to remove the memory cards from the cameras that the couple had at home instead of take them down and take them with them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226May 20, 2021 11:51 AM

It is statistically likely that he was involved. His story stinks to high heaven.

by Anonymousreply 227May 20, 2021 9:40 PM

They think it's possible that the Georgian may not have been directly involved but was part of a gang who were doing these robberies. I reckon it could go either way. I think it's compelling that there was already a gang of foreigners committing robberies.

by Anonymousreply 228May 20, 2021 9:45 PM

So guilty. I read that he dialed for help with his nose- the one time my pointy nose would’ve come in handy!

by Anonymousreply 229May 20, 2021 10:17 PM

A TV show in Greece has now revealed the SD cards from cellphones and personal cameras were taken by the robbers. Not taking any chances, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 230May 20, 2021 10:56 PM

Would the removal of the SD cards serve to remove evidence of, say, a devastatingly attractive Greek gentleman having an affair?

by Anonymousreply 231May 20, 2021 11:14 PM

Asian wife = closeted

by Anonymousreply 232May 20, 2021 11:43 PM

It’s so bizarre r231. Did the robbers think the family members were taking photos behind their backs?

by Anonymousreply 233May 21, 2021 12:45 AM

"Asian wife = closeted"

Not in California, where I live! No, if a white guy marries a significantly younger Asian immigrant wife then the odds are that he's an asshole who wants a subservient woman, but other than that... in the urban and a lot of suburban areas, it's totally normal for white guys to have Asian wives. Hell, you can't go to an Asian restaurant without seeing Asian family groups, with the white son-in-law.

Of course, things may be different in the UK or Greece.

by Anonymousreply 234May 21, 2021 1:19 AM

R224, Uxoricide, to be precise.

by Anonymousreply 235May 21, 2021 6:12 PM

The handsome widower needs my help!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236May 21, 2021 6:16 PM

Is it just me or do the Greek police look like complete idiots? Are they purposefully avoiding discussions of the husband's potential role in the media?

by Anonymousreply 237May 21, 2021 6:20 PM

Why would they leave the only eye witness alive? They had already killed the wife and dog, so they had no hesitation about murdering people. He has to be involved.

by Anonymousreply 238May 21, 2021 6:34 PM

R237, I think it's normal for police to publicise lines of enquiry that they think the public might be able to help them with (in this case, looking into a gang of foreigners who are carrying out robberies) while I've little doubt that looking into him is also a line of enquiry - they probably just don't think it'd be useful to talk about that publicly.

by Anonymousreply 239May 21, 2021 6:34 PM

I had a boss who brought over 3 women from the Philippines in the early 90’s. He picked one to marry, she turned him down and went back. So he married his number 2 pick.

I don’t think he was gay, he just didn’t want to marry a woman who might question his decision making. Which, judging from his leadership as a boss, was poor. He literally thought the man was complete and total head of the household. He wasn’t a religious nut, just an asshole.

She was a sweet, tiny thing, and she cried during the wedding. Not tears of joy, either.

by Anonymousreply 240May 21, 2021 8:03 PM

R240, I work with 2 Filipino women (very tiny) who married American men. They met the women on a website. The husbands are controlling assholes. One has already been married 5 times (he's 50 yrs old). This is his 6th marriage.

His wife finally left him after 5 yrs (she just got her green card). I'm worried he is going to kill her. She still has things at their house. I told her to not go over there. Just leave it. Buy new stuff. You can't buy another life

The other guy is a really sick bastard. Truly fucked up. Any guy who gets a "mail order bride" has a mental problem.

by Anonymousreply 241May 21, 2021 8:23 PM

Interview with the husband:

[quote][bold]Freshwater Crime - Caroline's Husband: Guesses That Have Already Been Investigated[/bold]

[quote][italic]The 32-year-old pilot clarifies that this testimony, as well as everything else that comes to light through the journalistic investigation, are elements that have already been exhausted at the level of investigation, by the police.[/italic]

May 22, 2021

[quote]Answers for the role of the psychologist, whose "key" testimony came to light the past few days, regarding the report of the robbery and the murder of 20-year-old Caroline in Glyka Nera, addresses with his appearance on Live News, her husband.

[quote]As he describes, he and his wife visited this doctor, in order to help and guide them and the young mother to overcome some problems she was facing, after the birth of her baby.

[quote][bold]"Of course I knew the specific psychologist. My wife and I always went to her doctor's office until about Christmas. Any woman who has experienced it knows. It is difficult and the mother who is going through it needs love and help. "Caroline was strong and she moved on, a little bit with the help of me and the psychologist and a lot with the help of our daughter."[/bold]

[quote]The police, through the testimony of the psychologist, tried to find out if there was anything that bothered the 20-year-old woman and if this, in some way, could help the investigations. The 32-year-old pilot clarifies that this testimony, as well as everything else that comes to light through the journalistic investigation, are elements that have already been exhausted at the level of investigation, by the police.

[quote][bold]"What findings you hear as 'news' are evidence that exists for days now. They come up with endless guesses to keep the issue on the surface and I understand why this is always the case. Everyone had warned me that as soon as the basic data is finished, the news tries to be "caught" from where it can, at least until the issue stops "selling". That's why I'm not impressed."[/bold]

[quote]The 32-year-old pilot, in his exclusive statement to Live News, also referred to these questions that are asked as unanswered about the conditions under which the tragedy in Glyka Nera took place.

[quote]He claims that they do not exist, as, from the first moment, he had given a complete and accurate picture of what took place in the maisonette, at the dawn of last Tuesday, when the murder took place.

[quote][bold]”Any questions that arise from the 'report' now, have been answered in detail to the police, a few hours after the robbery. As for whether there is any new evidence that "unlocks the case, I do not know. But I hope that something is found soon and that no other family passes, what happened to us."[/bold]

[quote]The 32-year-old is in constant contact with the officers who have taken over the case, while in the next few days, according to information, another person close to Caroline is expected to testify before the authorities. The 32-year-old knows things from the interrogation, of course, "what he says, that answers are sought to keep the matter in the public eye, is a controversial point of view", stressed the police editor in "NEA" and "VIMA", Vassilis Lambropoulos.

[quote]"There are issues that need to be addressed", he said (Vassilis Lambropoulos). There are no traces of the perpetrators anywhere. There is nothing to indicate any movement in or out of the house.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242May 21, 2021 8:31 PM

R238, exactly. They didn’t harm the little girl, either.

He’s full of shit. Robbers looking for money don’t go stealing SD cards. That’s not on their radar unless there’s blackmail material...

by Anonymousreply 243May 21, 2021 8:40 PM

No, totally agree, R243. They also want in and out of a residence as quickly as possible. Hanging that poor dog sounds like something HE would do to stop the dog from barking and also trying to defend his wife and baby. The manor in which she was murdered also seems extremely unlikely for a gang of house robbers. I think he is guilty.

by Anonymousreply 244May 21, 2021 10:46 PM

A Redditor’s translation of the husband's interview on the show "Fos sto Tounel"

[quote]Original date: May 22 2021, early morning hours during the show.

[quote]Disclaimer: this is my personal translation. See end of post for notes.

[quote]”I truly don't know who thought that the phycologist me and my wife were seeing after she gave birth has anything to do with the robbery.

[quote]I have heard multiple assumptions, but that our phycologist will help to find the perpetrators is by far the most irrelevant one.

[quote]I understand that lack of evidence means smaller media outlets reproduce whatever irrelevant thing they've heard, but you, doing your own research, don't fall under this category.

[quote]Mrs. Nikolouli, at this stage of the investigation I was asked not to make public specific evidence, because misinterpretation from the public can hold back and make the investigation more difficult, which is something nobody wants. Even in a trustworthy show like yours.

[quote]On a personal level I'm in a bad state to talk about my wife, it even hurts now that I write this message.

[quote]I know you want to help like you always do. May you be well."

—————

[quote]Notes: I want to point out that this interview was taken over text. The husband wasn't in the show and there was no live connection or footage of him speaking. Just a voice over reading what he said with a picture of him before the murder.

[quote]Also at the very end "may you be well" might sound a bit odd at first in the context of this interview but its something used EXTREMELY often here. I myself use it multiple times a day at work. It's not out of place.

[quote]It's worth to mention that majority of the YouTube comments on the interview are turning their attention to the pilot as a potential suspect as well.

[quote]About the show Fos sto Tounel: I understand how this sounds. I mean, how credible can a show on public television be when it comes to crimes? But I can assure you this show and the host, Mrs Nikolouli, have been working extremely close with the police for years and she has helped solve multiple cases, big and small. She has also published multiple books about true crime as well. All in all she is VERY credible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245May 22, 2021 12:57 PM

R244-Manner, not manor. Jeez.

by Anonymousreply 246May 22, 2021 2:43 PM

I could say I'm quite tech-savvy but even then wouldn't know right away where an SD of a camera is. Especially if I'm not familiar with it yet. Why didnt the robbers take the whole camera instead? I mean they are robbers aren't they?

by Anonymousreply 247May 22, 2021 4:17 PM

R247, exactly. They took them out of the cellphones and left the cellphone so he could call for help. I’ve taken the SIM card out of my iPhone and it takes a little tool and a steady hand and patience. Someone in an orgy of violence and larceny would spend precious time on that surgery?

Such thoughtful consideration from a sadist who killed a dog and left it hanging on a post.

by Anonymousreply 248May 22, 2021 4:27 PM

Why are pilots almost always hot?

by Anonymousreply 249May 22, 2021 4:31 PM

To 194, I can't remember the last name of my classmate, but since this happened back in the early 80s (in Omaha, NE), so I might not be able to find anything online about it even if I dug my yearbook out to look it up. Since the murder plot was foiled, I don't know if it would have made the national news.

by Anonymousreply 250May 27, 2021 4:17 PM

Even I can see he did it.

by Anonymousreply 251May 27, 2021 6:57 PM

R251- I do not know how the investigators can even maintain neutral expressions when listening to this insulting bullshit. It makes me doubt that he planned this, otherwise one would think he would have thought up a more plausible story. One would think.

by Anonymousreply 252May 29, 2021 6:55 PM

Who could hang a pet dog?

by Anonymousreply 253May 29, 2021 10:58 PM

Then why hasn’t he been arrested yet, R252?

by Anonymousreply 254May 29, 2021 11:04 PM

R253- someone who feared the dogs barking and attempts to save his owner was going to get him caught? This is another reason why I think he killed her in a fit of anger, not premeditated murder. He would have taken the dog away or locked the poor thing up ahead of time if he was planning on killing her, wouldn't you think?

by Anonymousreply 255May 29, 2021 11:28 PM

R254- I truly have no idea why he hasn't been arrested. It is baffling to me.

by Anonymousreply 256May 29, 2021 11:30 PM

Probably because there isn't enough evidence against him.

by Anonymousreply 257May 30, 2021 2:47 AM

That, or maybe they suspect that he had an accomplice? Idk, just guessing.

by Anonymousreply 258May 30, 2021 2:50 AM

Wouldn’t that be all the more reason to arrest him, R258, so they can question him and find out who his accomplices were?

by Anonymousreply 259May 30, 2021 8:06 AM

R234, I doubt those non-Asian son-in-laws would bring their tricks to the family outings.

by Anonymousreply 260May 30, 2021 9:15 AM

This case is probably a lot more complex than he killed her and covered it up or a gang of ruthless burglars did it.

by Anonymousreply 261May 30, 2021 9:24 AM

R122 Charalambos Anagnostopoulos-for possessing that name alone he should be strangled.

by Anonymousreply 262May 30, 2021 9:48 AM

Remember Occam's Razor…

Too many variables that don't make any sense here. The more complicated it gets, the less likely. Husband killed her, then the dog to set the stage. A true psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 263May 30, 2021 10:23 AM

Maybe r263, but just as there's no physical evidence for a gang of burglars, there's no physical evidence that the husband did it either. I can read Greek and the newspaper reports do emphasise that there's no evidence of break-in or or of traces of the alleged burglars/murderers, even on Caroline, despite the fact that she supposedly fought against them. That alone suggests that there were no such burglars/murderers, but at the same time the police can't simply arrest the husband for that, although I did read somewhere that they questioned him again.

by Anonymousreply 264May 30, 2021 10:50 AM

I think the police were paid off by a wealthy, established family with deep ties to community. They helped rid themselves of an interloper and now he can marry a nice Greek girl the way GOD intended, the police chief's daughter, for example. Win/Win.

Who else was he fucking?

by Anonymousreply 265May 30, 2021 1:46 PM

R265, he was fucking the “therapist”.

by Anonymousreply 266May 30, 2021 2:02 PM

"[R234], I doubt those non-Asian son-in-laws would bring their tricks to the family outings."

Tricks? No, the Asian/White marriages that are so common in California are like any other marriage, the couple spends time with both families, and has to listen to both groups discussing how long it'll take the baby's hair to turn from red to black. Yeah, heard that exact discussion myself, at a white family get-together.

by Anonymousreply 267May 30, 2021 3:24 PM

Sigh.

Of course they do, R234/267.

Closeted gay men who are married to women (Asian or otherwise) visit their in-laws’ homes for holidays or barbecues and celebrate Mother’s Day with the best of them.

Maybe even better than the best - they give “thoughtful gifts”- just like a perfect husband would.

by Anonymousreply 268May 30, 2021 11:57 PM

R255, Read the signature. Better yet, the book!

by Anonymousreply 269May 31, 2021 4:47 PM

R255 argues Pamela Smart's defense: She hadn't removed her dog from the house beforehand.

Too bad the first thing she said was, "Is Axel all right?!"

by Anonymousreply 270May 31, 2021 4:50 PM

Turns out that the so-called psychologist whom Caroline was seeing is a scam artist with dubious qualifications and may have been a Freemason.

What's translated as "Great house" or "Great mouth" by Google is the Grand Lodge (i.e. Freemasons).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271June 5, 2021 9:47 AM

The police and prosecutors in Greece are corrupt and incompetent.

If he did it, he’s totally going to get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 272June 5, 2021 9:52 AM

Just checking to see there was any news or arrest. R272 seems to be correct.

by Anonymousreply 273June 5, 2021 10:27 AM

Him saying he hopes no other family goes through this so soon is a false note with a heavy hand. He would be overwhelmed with trauma not thinking of other families.

by Anonymousreply 274June 5, 2021 10:48 AM

R274- Everything out of his mouth is inconsistent behavior for a supposedly traumatized, grieving victim of such a crime. Very phoney and insincere. He sounds like a man trying to imitate trauma and grief. I do not believe anything he says and think he is guilty as hell.

by Anonymousreply 275June 5, 2021 10:54 AM

This freakin’ guy.

Do we know what the “therapist” looks like? Because it really seems like she’s got a huge crush on him.

by Anonymousreply 276June 5, 2021 11:14 AM

R93 Makes it easier for whom? For the contractor to skip out on the job or leave it unfinished after getting cash without receipts or contracts? What recourse does the owner have? Sounds fishy.

by Anonymousreply 277June 5, 2021 4:14 PM

No news? I guess he will get away with murder.

by Anonymousreply 278June 16, 2021 11:09 PM

Havent we all seen shows where you just swear the husband/boyfriend is the guilty one because of their odd demeanor ?Inevitably they find out they werent the guilty ones after all . Im not sure why yall are so convinced hes a killer . Have you seen Greek women ? Not the best looking bitches in the world.That girl was a raging beauty compared to many of them.

by Anonymousreply 279June 17, 2021 12:55 AM

what does her looks have to do with this though?

by Anonymousreply 280June 17, 2021 1:44 AM

R279- So.... Very young mother ugly=She didn't deserve to live? Doesn't deserve justice for having her young life taken from her? Hell, does the murdered dog deserve justice? Wtah?

by Anonymousreply 281June 17, 2021 12:34 PM

Exactly!

by Anonymousreply 282June 17, 2021 1:07 PM

R282- did I misinterpret that post? That is the way it read to me but I will gladly apologize if I misunderstood his meaning. I just found no other way to take his/her post.

by Anonymousreply 283June 17, 2021 1:31 PM

That husband has as much acting skill as Meghan Markle, which is to say, none. His attempts at sincerity are cringe worthy.

by Anonymousreply 284June 17, 2021 1:50 PM

I wonder why DL hasn't taken to this man like that Chris Something guy. It's probably because the dog was killed too.

by Anonymousreply 285June 17, 2021 3:08 PM

Leave the innocents alone…

by Anonymousreply 286June 17, 2021 3:15 PM

Main takeaways from this new linked article..

-The husband has been flown by Greek police to police headquarters in Athens today to 'provide additional information'.

-Police sources have told media that they have 'new evidence'.

-State broadcaster ERT says that the “motive was not robbery.” CNN Greece says: “The police are no longer convinced of the existence of robbers in the house.”

-"Αuthorities are believed to be very close to solving the brutal murder of 20-year-old woman."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287June 17, 2021 3:36 PM

So he did it?

by Anonymousreply 288June 17, 2021 3:41 PM

The dog did it.

by Anonymousreply 289June 17, 2021 3:44 PM

From the article:

Citing police sources, media report that Caroline’s biometric watch – mobile phone she was wearing on her hand is the one that has given new information to authorities. The watch had recorded pulse in the time, where according to the husband she was dead.

At the center of police investigation are also some findings regarding the removal of the memory card of the surveillance camera at home.

The husband’s mobile reportedly showed some ‘activity’ at the time he was supposed to be tied up.

The pilot had told police that the perpetrators remained inside the house for a long time in the early hours on May 11th. According to Greek Police, however, they did not leave any trace, nor did they take the couple’s mobile phones.

by Anonymousreply 290June 17, 2021 3:44 PM

Media is saying that the memory card was removed the day before the murder.

by Anonymousreply 291June 17, 2021 3:46 PM

Good. I hope they get him.

There was just WAY too much fuckery with his story.

by Anonymousreply 292June 17, 2021 3:49 PM

This site is reporting that the police have enough evidence to charge the husband with murder. Idk if it's a reliable source. Google translate:

[quote]"The Police, according to information from Proto THEMA, has sufficient information at its disposal that documents that the murderer of 20-year-old Caroline is her husband Charalambos Anagnostopoulos - The evidence comes mainly from the analysis with the help of camera data technology, mobile phones the couple's phones and the victim's biometric watch"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293June 17, 2021 3:52 PM

Good. I love it when they get the bad guy!

by Anonymousreply 294June 17, 2021 4:00 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295June 17, 2021 4:00 PM

Lucky this happened in Greece and not Portugal...

by Anonymousreply 296June 17, 2021 4:03 PM

If it's true that the memory card was removed the day before and the husband did it, that suggests it was planned which makes it worse. I could understand a killing in the heat of the moment but this makes no sense, why would you risk your liberty instead of walking away. That's Chris Watts-level of dim.

by Anonymousreply 297June 17, 2021 4:06 PM

Isn't there a child?

by Anonymousreply 298June 17, 2021 4:20 PM

Hot Greek! You in danger gurl!

by Anonymousreply 299June 17, 2021 5:20 PM

R298, Yes, and maybe that was the motivation. Apparently they had not been getting along for months, were arguing that evening, and she was going to leave him, taking the baby. She was looking for a hotel to leave him on Booking.com and she'd called him 'stupid' in English, texting him while upstairs. Notably, the dog and wife were killed but not the baby.

They are saying that an app on his cell phone that records his steps shows that he was walking while claiming to be tied up. He'd claimed to have fainted and tied to a pole but he was using his phone several times during this 'fainting', and was tied in the fetal position. Caroline's smartwatch recorded increased pulses and then no vital signs much earlier than the time he placed her murder. And that the memory card was removed 3 hours before the robbers allegedly entered.

Omg, tech is so creepy but it's good it helps with this.

by Anonymousreply 300June 17, 2021 6:23 PM

Being Greek he lubes his ass with olive oil...That's why it smells like french fries

by Anonymousreply 301June 17, 2021 6:33 PM

R301, he uses tzatziki sauce.

by Anonymousreply 302June 17, 2021 6:39 PM

He confessed.

Not only did he kill his wife, he killed the dog.

by Anonymousreply 303June 17, 2021 6:53 PM

We gotta give it to the Greek police. Many here thought they are incompetent.

by Anonymousreply 304June 17, 2021 6:55 PM

Was the guilt eating him up?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305June 17, 2021 6:55 PM

Looks like 70s Springsteen

by Anonymousreply 306June 17, 2021 6:55 PM

Babis horribilis.

by Anonymousreply 307June 17, 2021 6:57 PM

Called it when the news was reported. What sort of robbers kill by strangling the wife but not the husband? Guy in his 30s marrying a teenager and couldn’t deal with her growing up. He married a hot teen who became a mother, one who was taking their kid and leaving him. But killing the dog is hard to decipher unless it was done solely to add credibility to the robbery lie.

by Anonymousreply 308June 17, 2021 7:02 PM

DL called it

by Anonymousreply 309June 17, 2021 7:05 PM

I knew it all along.

by Anonymousreply 310June 17, 2021 7:07 PM

I knew it but my DL brethren as ever called it!

What a wanker. Hope he gets a real rough prison daddy

by Anonymousreply 311June 17, 2021 7:12 PM

R308 More likely he killed the dog because the wife loved it.

by Anonymousreply 312June 17, 2021 7:15 PM

[quote] confesses

Like I told you know who. quitters never win.

by Anonymousreply 313June 17, 2021 7:17 PM

[quote] he killed the dog.

Ruthless bastard !!!

Life in prison please.

by Anonymousreply 314June 17, 2021 7:18 PM

Her dog might have been trying to defend her or something and he killed it.

by Anonymousreply 315June 17, 2021 7:18 PM

It's too bad she didn't have a cat instead. They'll scratch your eyes out if you piss them off.

by Anonymousreply 316June 17, 2021 7:22 PM

His demeanor gave him away. He may have gotten away with it if not for the invasive technology. Reminds me of a case involving a woman who used her smart watch to contact police when an intruder, who turned out to be a rapist, entered her home whilst she was sleeping on the couch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317June 17, 2021 7:40 PM

Trying link again...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318June 17, 2021 7:42 PM

Apple Watch Series 6 review:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319June 17, 2021 7:43 PM

Technology will get you in ways the average person can't even think of.

I certainly wouldn't want to try to kill somebody these days.

by Anonymousreply 320June 17, 2021 7:44 PM

I told Hecuba this would happen!

by Anonymousreply 321June 17, 2021 8:01 PM

It's almost always the spouse.

by Anonymousreply 322June 17, 2021 8:48 PM

"Prison" in Greek = φυλακή, pronounced "filaki."

by Anonymousreply 323June 17, 2021 8:50 PM

R296, Or Brentwood.

by Anonymousreply 324June 17, 2021 9:21 PM

Yeah, we called it!

But blaming a spouse or SO when a woman is killed is always a good bet, there's so many more abusive spouses than there are random killers.

by Anonymousreply 325June 17, 2021 10:35 PM

Why did he confess? He could have taken his chances, since he hadn't been charged up until this point. He then probably would have arrested. He could have gone to trial and pled not guilty. He then might have been found not guilty depending upon if the evidence were compelling and if the jury found the digital watches reliable.

by Anonymousreply 326June 17, 2021 10:51 PM

Greek police probably operate differently than American police. I guess what I'm saying is that he was likely very strongly "persuaded" to confess.

by Anonymousreply 327June 17, 2021 11:07 PM

Is that you, Johnnie Cockring?

by Anonymousreply 328June 17, 2021 11:07 PM

He’s probably guilt-ridden, R326. Not everyone can kill a person and a dog and then go on like it never happened. He cracked under the pressure.

by Anonymousreply 329June 17, 2021 11:09 PM

What a surprise. Everyone is killed at the scene except the man and the baby.

by Anonymousreply 330June 17, 2021 11:44 PM

R327

Greek police act "dumb" and take things slower, but they probably knew right from the start that Daddy did it.

As far as "persuading" him, I think white North American cops are geniuses at that.

by Anonymousreply 331June 17, 2021 11:45 PM

He's still bullshitting. Is pretending they got into an argument when she let slip she was leaving him and he spontaneously killed.

He planned this. It's not second degree murder. I've no doubt there was an argument, but most likely he provoked it, knowing what he would do afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 332June 17, 2021 11:47 PM

R309

For a bunch of caftan-clad fat whores who sit on the sofa, we have good insight into human nature.

by Anonymousreply 333June 17, 2021 11:49 PM

They need office Columbopolous on the scene to solve this crime.

by Anonymousreply 334June 18, 2021 12:06 AM

Yes r332. This looks semi-premeditated to me, albeit rather a weird way of going about it. I'm sure the police suspected him from the start, but wanted to piece things together fully first, especially given the interference of that ridiculous Greek TV programme.

Seriously, if you're not getting on with your wife, then just divorce her, don't kill her. Greece has just passed a law on joint custody and he could have had a good case that the kid should be with him (Caroline was young and unable to cope, she was seeing that crazy fake shrink).

by Anonymousreply 335June 18, 2021 7:12 AM

[quote] This stinks almost as much as the Davey Wavey case and that case of the gay Anglo-Indian doctor who had his bride murdered on their honeymoon in SA.

Wait, DL Fave Davey Wavey was involved in a murder?

by Anonymousreply 336June 18, 2021 8:02 AM

The police took him for further questioning at a memorial service for his wife, where apparently he gave his mother-in-law - Caroline's mother- big hug as he left. Apparently only one friend of Caroline's knew they were having problems - her mother seems to have thought Charalmbos was wonderful. This backs up why the police had to go slow and have every piece in place before making their move.

by Anonymousreply 337June 18, 2021 8:06 AM

The mother in law is nonwhite?

by Anonymousreply 338June 18, 2021 8:12 AM

I know a few guys named Charalambos. Most go by Pambos (like Rob for Robert, Mike for Michael, etc). I wonder if this guy is a Pambos.

by Anonymousreply 339June 18, 2021 8:48 AM

R339, he’s a “Babis”.

by Anonymousreply 340June 18, 2021 9:13 AM

he reminded me of a man who abused a female relative from the get go, and who I think said relative is still with, everything about him, other than his white collar job, it's eerie - may she rest in peace.

by Anonymousreply 341June 18, 2021 10:23 AM

r327 What an idiot. The most corrupt, brutal and inefficient police is in the US. Even so, you have third world countries crime rates. Backwards country basking in their ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 342June 19, 2021 10:36 AM

Amateur.

by Anonymousreply 343June 20, 2021 3:59 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344June 22, 2021 2:18 PM

The psychopath wants to avoid the death penalty so he can be "part of his daughter's life when he gets out of prison."

I'm thinking that's probably not a good idea but maybe if he buys her a new puppy?

by Anonymousreply 345June 22, 2021 3:13 PM

Greece doesn't have the death penalty, R345. Nowhere in the developed world does.

by Anonymousreply 346June 22, 2021 3:14 PM

R346 Oops. He's trying to avoid a life sentence, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 347June 22, 2021 3:17 PM

It was a premeditated murder, plus obstruction of justice. If anyone in the country gets a life sentence in the worst hellhole available, it should be him.

And if he ever gets out, may his daughter be a gray-haired grandmother who still has enough strength to shove him down the steps when he shows up.

by Anonymousreply 348June 22, 2021 3:54 PM

The motherfucker drowned the dog after murdering his wife.

It was a 7-month old Huskie puppy. Please don't tell me that it was barking and making noise or attempting to divert him from killing the 20 year old woman.

It was just a puppy.

by Anonymousreply 349June 23, 2021 3:33 AM

He DROWNED the puppy?

by Anonymousreply 350June 23, 2021 5:02 AM

Well, if he was capable of killing his 20-year-old wife, a dog (even a puppy) isn’t a far stretch. He’s apparently a psychopath (sociopath?).

by Anonymousreply 351June 23, 2021 1:16 PM

R350.

Yes. What the hell is wrong with people? Why couldn't he have let his wife leave him. He could have seen the baby on the weekends. Now he will never see her.

Murderers are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 352June 27, 2021 12:16 PM

So many hot cops surrounding the perp.

by Anonymousreply 353June 27, 2021 12:31 PM

Milo Yiannopoulos………..I knew he would snap eventually

by Anonymousreply 354June 27, 2021 12:38 PM

Greeks do have clean assholes and huge cocks but they are a shamelessly corrupt and opportunistic people without morals. The men there would hang their own mother for a piece of ass. When I first read the story I knew that fucker was guilty as sin.

by Anonymousreply 355July 26, 2021 12:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!