Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

So take a look at me

NOW.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78October 15, 2021 6:39 PM

Was this before or after Dame Olivia de Havilland made her GRAND ENTRANCE?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 12, 2021 2:26 AM

After all this time, it's still terrible.

R1 How was that entrance meant to go?

by Anonymousreply 2May 12, 2021 2:36 AM

I can't figure out which is more painful to watch! OP or R1 with de Havilland holding onto the walls so she didn't face plant and then standing there like an idiot.

These bloated, self-congratulatory, narcissistic award shows have got to go.

Entire OP video at link. Awful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 12, 2021 2:39 AM

Did she actually sing that live?

by Anonymousreply 4May 12, 2021 12:07 PM

You just know that everybody who watched the rehearsal knew it was going to be a shit show and stuck around to watch it unfold live.

by Anonymousreply 5May 12, 2021 12:22 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 6October 11, 2021 12:58 AM

Well, I found it stunning. And I was pleased that footage of the performance found its way into every 'in memorium' reel I caught upon the occasion of her passin'.

by Anonymousreply 7October 11, 2021 1:06 AM

I'm still in shock that she sang "against all THE odds" even in the prerecorded vocals.

by Anonymousreply 8October 11, 2021 1:16 AM

This trade show takes itself awfully seriously.

by Anonymousreply 9October 11, 2021 1:18 AM

No Oscar moment is more cringe than this one...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 11, 2021 1:25 AM

[quote] I can't figure out which is more painful to watch! OP or [R1] with de Havilland holding onto the walls so she didn't face plant and then standing there like an idiot.

Why can't we have the best of both worlds, R3. Have that elaborate dance routine performed by Dame Olivia.

by Anonymousreply 11October 11, 2021 1:28 AM

Faye really fucked up. She’ll never be asked back.

by Anonymousreply 12October 11, 2021 2:34 AM

[quote] Faye really fucked up. She’ll never be asked back.

She was back the next year as was Beatty.

by Anonymousreply 13October 11, 2021 2:35 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 14October 13, 2021 1:55 AM

Phil Collins wanted to sing his song but was told no by the academy.

This is what we got instead. Truly a jump the shark moment, worse than Rob Lowe.

by Anonymousreply 15October 13, 2021 2:02 AM

I guess I must not be gay, but I didn't see what the problem was.

by Anonymousreply 16October 13, 2021 2:02 AM

Is that from the XXXTENTATION song?

by Anonymousreply 17October 13, 2021 2:03 AM

R10

This was the greatest thing that ever happened.

by Anonymousreply 18October 13, 2021 2:04 AM

Warren Beatty has dementia. It's not a secret. But they handed him the wrong card. It was Emma Stone's best actress win for La La Land! In his deteriorated confusion and lifelong habit of letting women suffer his stupidity - he handed the card over to Faye. Naturally they were both stressed in the moment. She read the only thing that was a FILM TITLE. LA LA LAND. It's a great fuck up, but Beatty is the one who was gone. He was supposed to read the winner. Faye can't expect to read a close card when she has only been programmed for the teleprompter? Warren of course is ageless and requires no corrective measures or lenses.🙄

by Anonymousreply 19October 13, 2021 2:14 AM

Collins talking about Reinking:

"She murdered the song."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 13, 2021 2:40 AM

R20 here - here's the link that goes directly to the topic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 13, 2021 2:41 AM

Legendarily bad. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 22October 13, 2021 3:02 AM

Is the full version out there still??

by Anonymousreply 23October 13, 2021 3:14 AM

It was not Miss Dunaway's fault. Stop blaming her. She was only reading what was given to her.

Just stop it. Stop it now.

by Anonymousreply 24October 13, 2021 3:18 AM

It did at least allow the great DL joke:

Faye: And the winner is, La La Land! (Warren slaps her face) Moonlight! (slap) La La Land! (slap) Moonlight! (slap)

by Anonymousreply 25October 13, 2021 3:20 AM

The dancing was good though.

by Anonymousreply 26October 13, 2021 3:25 AM

I'm his Bonnie, he's my Clyde.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27October 13, 2021 3:27 AM

Fine. I found the whole thing on my own. Here it is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 13, 2021 3:30 AM

It's only been posted in about 200 other threads R28. I've been coming to Datalounge since 2013 and this same stupid performance has been posted over and over. I don't even know the bitch. But my boyfriend is a dancer. Reinking wasn't even a great dancer.

by Anonymousreply 29October 13, 2021 3:41 AM

[quote]But my boyfriend is a dancer. Reinking wasn't even a great dancer.

Oh, did your boyfriend, who is a dancer, opine on that? Bitch please.

by Anonymousreply 30October 13, 2021 3:46 AM

My boyfriend has performed in Chicago and Fosse, so yeah. We've talked about her. He is classically trained. What does opine mean? Is that some old fag glory hole position?

by Anonymousreply 31October 13, 2021 3:51 AM

Reinking wasn't a great dancer. She was a good kicker and with good hip action but above the waist, she was cement. Very poor flexibility and her arm movements were like a department store dummy.

by Anonymousreply 32October 13, 2021 3:51 AM

Ann gives such a passionate performance.

I was touched by the overall presentation.

by Anonymousreply 33October 13, 2021 3:52 AM

She sure was successful for such a terrible dancer, R29/R31. 🙄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 13, 2021 3:55 AM

R32 she was broad boned for a dancer, and I think that’s what is giving you that illusion - a willowy top half is always going to seem more flexible.

I think she was a pretty amazing dancer myself.

by Anonymousreply 35October 13, 2021 4:00 AM

Post a great dancing performance from Reinking then R35. That's NOT from a Fosse movie or tribute. You've never seen her dance. And know nothing about it.

by Anonymousreply 36October 13, 2021 4:06 AM

Reinking had broad shoulders, a short torso, thick waist and no neck. But long legs so that wasn't an illusion, she was poorly built for dancing but might have been great at Roller Derby.

by Anonymousreply 37October 13, 2021 4:12 AM

Reinking was not "broad boned". She had very slender wrists, which disproves the suggestion. She was built like a moose so she danced like one.

by Anonymousreply 38October 13, 2021 4:21 AM

Her kid had Marfans and she may have too.

by Anonymousreply 39October 13, 2021 4:25 AM

She stole her performance from Lauren Bacall in The Fan. Lauren should have sued her bony ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40October 13, 2021 4:31 AM

But listen, everybody! R29's boyfriend is a dancer, and he's done Fosse shows! And HE said she's not a great dancer! What more do you possibly need?!

by Anonymousreply 41October 13, 2021 4:37 AM

Suh tk a lk at mi nah! ... Cause there's just an empty space ...

by Anonymousreply 42October 13, 2021 4:39 AM

I'm using my Ouija Board to see if I can make contact with Fosse and get his response to r29.

Bob? Bob, are you there?

by Anonymousreply 43October 13, 2021 4:39 AM

To all you Ann defenders, consider this: Phil Collins thought she sucked donkey dick so we get to think so too.

by Anonymousreply 44October 13, 2021 4:40 AM

Can't sing, can dance.

by Anonymousreply 45October 13, 2021 4:42 AM

No one has ever proclaimed Reinking to be a great dancer. She was Fosse's last muse and she mentored as many people as she could. But Fosse is just a style of dance. Extremely specific and in many ways antithetical to a dancers training. Very difficult and sexy, specific. A bit too specific. A "great" dancer should be capable of so much more classical and difficult techniques. Even on Broadway. Jerome Robbins takes much more pure dance talent than Fosse. There is no helping the ignorant who saw All That Jazz and think that Reinking is some world class dancer. She was not. She's not even the best Fosse dancer.

by Anonymousreply 46October 13, 2021 4:45 AM

Oh yeah, she sure had a thick waist 🙄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47October 13, 2021 4:45 AM

r47, right on cue. boring old dude saw a movie once.

by Anonymousreply 48October 13, 2021 4:49 AM

The Ann hater in this thread must have been denied a part in Fosse. So bitter!!

by Anonymousreply 49October 13, 2021 4:50 AM

R31's boyfriend is probably a replacement chorus boy in the mid-western leg of the Chicago tour.

by Anonymousreply 50October 13, 2021 4:53 AM

If you block R29 simply for being a douchebag, amazingly 99% of the "Ann wasn't a great dancer" posts disappear!

by Anonymousreply 51October 13, 2021 4:53 AM

R50 Who won’t even marry him!

by Anonymousreply 52October 13, 2021 4:55 AM

My boyfriend is a classically trained and successful dancer. He is not limited to performing in Fosse shows. Your ignorance is astounding R49, R50, R51, R52. All the same poster. (with his usual multiple devices) A very sad old man. The eldest and craziest of the ancient white gays who post here. Blessings to you. We pray for your healing this night.

by Anonymousreply 53October 13, 2021 5:00 AM

I don't know why he expects Ann to have a different style of dance when she was primarily a Fosse dancer, R51. I never claimed she was the best Fosse dancer, (Ben Vereen was, imo) I don't think anyone here has, but she was very good. To say otherwise sounds like pure jealousy.

Here's a great interview with Ann discussing her role in "Annie" and how the style of dance differed from what she was used to.

You're insane, R53. Does your "boyfriend" know you even exist??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54October 13, 2021 5:03 AM

R19: I’ve always hated Emma Stone since that night. She made a comment while being interviewed right after implying Warren Beaty and Faye Dunaway must be lying about the fuck up with the Best Film card as she was given the card with her name on after winning Best Actress. There was a real cuntiness to her tone as if to say ‘those old idiots’. If she had some class she’d have been nice about it or given them the benefit of the doubt.

by Anonymousreply 55October 13, 2021 5:04 AM

I had a picnic at the Ann Reinking magnolia tree in Central Park recently.

by Anonymousreply 56October 13, 2021 5:09 AM

We are praying for all of you, R50. And R49. R51. R52. R54. All the same person. My boyfriend believes in prayer. Though we both despise your poison on this site. There is only one insane person on this thread. YOU are a danger to intelligent men and clean hearts. May jesus visit healing to your troubled mind, tonight. This is our prayer.

by Anonymousreply 57October 13, 2021 5:11 AM

^^ 😜🤪 ^^

by Anonymousreply 58October 13, 2021 5:17 AM

The thing with the Oscars performance is that there’s a time when she stops singing and starts dancing to her own singing that was recorded. How could she not have heard how bad she sounded? I’m surprised she was able to focus on the dance but I guess she’s a pro!

by Anonymousreply 59October 13, 2021 5:37 AM

No one thought better of Ann Reinking than Ann Reinking. Jeff Hyslop danced with her and hasn't much good to say. She was a great looking woman who fucked Fosse. That scene in the movie is for real. When he picks the chick with the long legs. Not the best dancer at all. Just so he can fuck her for a few months.

by Anonymousreply 60October 13, 2021 5:46 AM

It's good to remember that schlock posted at R3 is when 35 million people used to tune into The Oscars.

That's REAL entertainment, folks.

by Anonymousreply 61October 13, 2021 5:54 AM

That Moonlight/La La Land debacle...wow, what a fuck up. What happened was this. There were two people in charge of the fucking envelopes, a man and a woman. They were loving every minute of being the special people in charge of the Oscar envelopes. I think the woman was quite enjoying herself, but the guy was a real ham, basking in the attention. He had a crush on Emma S tone and was texting about her, which in all likelihood caused him to screw up and give the wrong envelope to Beatty and Dunaway. Beatty was such a dumb fuck; he obviously had the wrong envelope so why didn't he DO something? Why didn't he say "i think there's been a mistake" or "This isn't the right envelope" instead of just staring like an idiot? And of course Dunaway didn't even look closely at the envelope, she just blurted out "La La Land." And of course the people from La La Land were ecstatic to have won and gushed their thanks for winning the award...and it was all a total fuck up! What an unholy mess. I don't think the man and woman in charge of the envelopes got fired (they should have) but you won't be seeing them at the Academy Awards anymore. I guess not!

by Anonymousreply 62October 13, 2021 6:03 AM

Warren might have dementia, but Fay is blind as a bat. She grabbed the card out of Warren's hand who KNEW something was amiss and read the first thing that she could read without consulting him first.

Emma wanted to make sure that she can't get dragged into this mess and pointed out that she held on to her winning results card. Turns out that there are two sets of cards (one for the left and one for the right side of the stage) and someone from the academy fucked up and gave Warren the wrong envelope.

by Anonymousreply 63October 13, 2021 6:36 AM

R54 I’ve seen so many links here to that Bobby Wygant person - was she popular at the time amd on what channel did her show air? There’s something very annoying about her interviewing style.

On another note, how much did Ann freaking smoke? That’s the main reason she couldn’t sing.

by Anonymousreply 64October 13, 2021 6:54 AM

R64 Bobby is funny. She really wound up Jill clayburgh in one of her interviews telling her something unsubstantiated about how critics didn’t like her work or something and Jill took her to task and was demanding to know names of said critics!

by Anonymousreply 65October 13, 2021 7:27 AM

Salma Fantastic Rack Hayek was fucking Ed Norton?

by Anonymousreply 66October 13, 2021 8:46 AM

Sure, Ann.

by Anonymousreply 67October 13, 2021 3:14 PM

It wasn't Faye's fault. The stupid accountants who handle the envelopes were too busy mugging for selfies they gave out the wrong envelope.

by Anonymousreply 68October 13, 2021 3:46 PM

This special she did with Hyslop really encompasses the good and bad of Reinking. Rechoreographed Music and the Mirror. Very powerful and exciting but no grace and elegance. Kicks that are great but also watch how weak she is on her right side. Simple shoulder shakes looks tight and her arms are stiff and lacking in musicality. Even doing a backbend, she she has no amplitude because of her thick torso.

She had something very singular to offer but her contemporaries like Bergman, Clark and Sousa were better dancers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69October 13, 2021 4:24 PM

Was Annie a bible thumper. I saw in an interview in Arizona that she had a hard time leaving Florida because she loved her church so much.

What did she die of? I see endless mentions that she died in her sleep but no cause. The appearances she made in the year prior to her death make her look quite unwell.

by Anonymousreply 70October 13, 2021 4:41 PM

She had a nice throaty speaking voice and great looks. I was surprised that she disappeared from the screen after Micki and Maude with Dudley Moore and Amy Irving.

by Anonymousreply 71October 13, 2021 4:43 PM

Take a look at me now.

No I'd really rather not.

by Anonymousreply 72October 13, 2021 4:54 PM

This will never not be funny.

by Anonymousreply 73October 13, 2021 6:22 PM

They should have let her sing all the nominated songs that year… like they allowed Beyoncé to do.

by Anonymousreply 74October 13, 2021 7:26 PM

He's ready. Cellblock Tango.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75October 13, 2021 10:07 PM

It’s too bad they never thought of casting her as Margaret White in the movie Carrie. That would’ve been a trip.

by Anonymousreply 76October 15, 2021 12:35 PM

37 year old teenager Pat Benatar’s pimp is dancing with Ann!

by Anonymousreply 77October 15, 2021 12:46 PM

Serious question. Did Fosse really think she was having an affair with Charles Ward? They tried to play it up in the media but it was so ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 78October 15, 2021 6:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!