Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dateline Port Charles: Babies, Babies, Babies!

It's always about the babies. So sick of the little stink machines being the driving catalyst behind every single storyline. Enough already! Can we toss them all into Pier 54 and get on with the adult adventures?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257June 16, 2021 10:48 PM

Previous thread, now paywalled:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 12, 2021 12:23 AM

Fake Nurse Chloe resembles Britt, could she be another Faison spawn?

by Anonymousreply 2May 12, 2021 12:33 AM

Interesting theory, especially after seeing the evil look on her face when she was locking away the antidote vials. It's like she was in on that all along, too.

by Anonymousreply 3May 12, 2021 12:36 AM

Fake Chloe is back from the dead Nelle with plastic surgery

by Anonymousreply 4May 12, 2021 12:39 AM

Or transgendered Morgan!

by Anonymousreply 5May 12, 2021 1:41 AM

I was not a big fan of the little After School Special they did. The dialogue was all boilerplate talking points and felt forced and unnatural. The conversation between Cam and Trina was a little better than the one between the women, it felt more organic and authentic. They should have left it at that.

by Anonymousreply 6May 12, 2021 5:45 PM

And now another baby....AAARGH!!!

by Anonymousreply 7May 13, 2021 9:49 PM

Nikolas Cassadine, Prison Owner. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 8May 14, 2021 12:43 AM

Talk about a double edged sword. On one side, Nik buying the prison was a brilliant strategy for getting the upper hand over Cyrus and his reign over all things Pentonville, but on the other, I think it's going to fuck Shawn over big time. The expressions on Nik's face when Alexis and Shawn were talking about his wrongful imprisonment and finding Hayden's real shooter didn't bode well. Could be a nice recipe for some interesting conflict, though.

by Anonymousreply 9May 15, 2021 8:38 PM

Does this happen? Are prisons bought by billionaires?

by Anonymousreply 10May 15, 2021 8:42 PM

R9

Isn't there a statute of limitations on attempted murder?

by Anonymousreply 11May 15, 2021 8:47 PM

[quote] Does this happen? Are prisons bought by billionaires?

Does Amazon count?

by Anonymousreply 12May 15, 2021 8:48 PM

There are private prisons owned by corporations, yes. However, they are becoming more controversial. Even red-states are realizing that they do not actually save money and many places are turning against them. However, Nicolas being able to do that in New York State is poetic license because it is against the the law in that state to privatize a prison.

by Anonymousreply 13May 15, 2021 8:58 PM

So, Elijah's business is Llantano Properties. Wonder if Eterna is one of the properties he has in his portfolio?

by Anonymousreply 14May 15, 2021 10:20 PM

Maybe that's why the Tan-O is always so empty. Everybody's going to the hot underground club.

by Anonymousreply 15May 15, 2021 10:27 PM

According to the latest ratings report GH has seen an overall increase in the ratings especially in the total ratings,18-49, 25-54 has even tied with The View over last year. Even B&B and Y&R have seen an increase in their ratings compared to last year while Days ratings has.........đź’Ł

by Anonymousreply 16May 16, 2021 9:26 PM

Cyrus looks like a child-molesting hobo.

by Anonymousreply 17May 16, 2021 9:53 PM

Quite a bit like a carny, actually.

by Anonymousreply 18May 17, 2021 4:38 AM

So we had a Cornith shoutout today. GH also visited Cornith in 2013 when Luke and Holly found Laura tied up in the Alden mansion basement.

by Anonymousreply 19May 18, 2021 1:04 AM

"How's the bidet situation in here?" Hilarious. I think JPS was channeling his Guy character from Frasier on that one.

by Anonymousreply 20May 18, 2021 5:21 AM

They should have named Elijah, Brian Frons, because what Elijah did to Cornith is what Frons did to our beloved Llanview and Pine Valley.

by Anonymousreply 21May 19, 2021 12:47 AM

Does “Mike” even try to learn his lines? Do the writers even write for him or just tell him to make it up as he goes?

by Anonymousreply 22May 20, 2021 11:24 AM

Monica sucked Sean Donnelly’s dick back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 23May 20, 2021 11:30 AM

I watched GH on Monday for the first time in years. May I saw that I don't know which is worse to watch: the actor playing Sonny or the actor playing Jason. They are both so mannered and wooden. I feel so sorry for the actresses who were playing opposite them. And Maurice Bernard is looking both haggard and paunchy. I realize he's playing barhand, but they could at least dress him to look better if he is (astonishingly) their "star."

by Anonymousreply 24May 20, 2021 12:01 PM

Nina looks like a crazed cult victim when she gets that wide-eyed goo-goo look for Sonny-Mike, like she is in his thrall.

by Anonymousreply 25May 20, 2021 3:35 PM

Pleasantly surprised they've continued the Britt/Jason scenes. Not much of a difference, but it seems that SB is at least paying attention during those scenes

by Anonymousreply 26May 20, 2021 4:19 PM

Another good thing is that now they seem to be leaning towards Britt not having Huntington's, so that means she can stick around longer.

by Anonymousreply 27May 20, 2021 5:54 PM

Britt is the first relationship I ever liked Jason in. She's one of those actors who brings out the best in everyone she works with. I still can't stand Sonny but I can stand him a bit more with Nina than with Carly. I still detest the teen group, Trina being the best of the 3 but that's not saying much. I just can't watch Jax knowing what kind of piece of shit the actor is. All in all though I'd say GH has improved quite a bit in the past few months. I'd say it's gone from a D- to a B. Don't shoot me but I miss Franco. At least Cam wasn't so repulsive in scenes with him.

by Anonymousreply 28May 20, 2021 10:19 PM

Watros has the bug eyes.

by Anonymousreply 29May 20, 2021 11:52 PM

R28 Unless an actor is a child molester or rapist, I don't care about their personal life and can separate it from the character. I still like Jax and hope one day he and Carly will be together for good, because that is the pairing I prefer. Just like on Y&R, I've always preferred Nikki and Jack to Nikki and Victor, though I believe I'm in the minority.

by Anonymousreply 30May 21, 2021 12:12 AM

Was that a big, fat anvil when Sasha screamed "You're not my father!" at Cyrus? I must say it felt like she just signed her own death warrant when she humiliated the fuck out of him with all that talk of how hot her studly young lover was and how he did things to her that Cyrus never could. Will we soon be looking at charges of Filicide with a side order of Feticide?

by Anonymousreply 31May 21, 2021 12:32 AM

I will watch tomorrow's ep

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32May 21, 2021 12:39 AM

R31 Did Sasha's bump grow overnight? She just found out she was pregnant, now she has a bump.

by Anonymousreply 33May 21, 2021 12:39 AM

If the rumored mandate that they could no longer do stories about rapists is true (suddenly killing off Franco and not bringing RH back as Todd) then it also seems that there was another mandate to start making the females smarter and no longer helpless victims.

Superspy Anna has been mostly portrayed as a bumbling fool for over a decade now, but in recent weeks, she's suddenly been making good choices again. That's also been a very recent switch for other females on the show. It's long overdue and we'll need to see how long it lasts.

by Anonymousreply 34May 21, 2021 1:02 AM

So are they going with a Sam/Dante pairing and a Jason/Brit one? Because I like those couplings much better.

by Anonymousreply 35May 21, 2021 1:16 AM

I find both Dante and Sam boring as can be but I'm glad if they're together so I can ff'd them at the same time the way I did Sam and Jason. The only one I found interesting was Drew. I actually liked him with Sam and as a Q and with Franco. He made characters I usually don't watch watchable.

by Anonymousreply 36May 21, 2021 1:44 AM

OMG! I really enjoyed today's special episode. I really love that they managed to work Tiffany in. I wish we could have veteran centric episodes at least once a month, not just when one dies.

by Anonymousreply 37May 22, 2021 1:26 AM

I take it Sharon Wyatt is using some kind of computerized voice assistance device? Her words had a very strange cadence and inflection, at times it sounded almost like a man's voice.

The mystery caper was reminiscent of Agatha Christie's Ten Little Indians.

by Anonymousreply 38May 22, 2021 5:47 AM

Why didn’t they show Sharon Wyatt?

by Anonymousreply 39May 22, 2021 11:27 AM

R39, Sharon is very ill with osteonecrosis (bone death in jaw).

by Anonymousreply 40May 22, 2021 12:07 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41May 23, 2021 6:54 AM

They still could have at least showed Sharon. So disrespectful toward her after so many years on the show.

by Anonymousreply 42May 23, 2021 7:46 AM

[quote]They still could have at least showed Sharon. So disrespectful toward her after so many years on the show.

Maybe she preferred not to be shown as she is now, but rather remembered for the great beauty she was. Travel might not be so easy in her condition, either.

by Anonymousreply 43May 23, 2021 8:16 PM

John Reilly's real life daughter, Caitlin Reilly, played Annie Donnelly on Friday's episode.

I thought she did a great job. When I heard they were casting her for the one-day roll, I dreaded she'd be awful and barely able to deliver a line. So, I was delighted to see Caitlin Reilly proved me wrong.

And the show certainly left the door open for Annie Donnelly to become a regular GH character down the line.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44May 23, 2021 8:46 PM

R43 I would totally understand her not wanting to be seen on camera due to her condition. She was one of if not the most stunning women in the history of daytime, even if she isn’t vain there would undoubtedly be comments from “fans.” I love, however, that they still managed to work her into the show and she was able to not only pay tribute to her friend but to bring closure to what was to me one of the best love stories soaps have ever done. I would love it if they would occasionally work in more vets who maybe can’t be in the studio through phone calls or if they are up to it zoom.

by Anonymousreply 45May 23, 2021 9:00 PM

Also door was left open for more. This was John/Sean tribute.

They can show Annie and Tiffany again and do a psa on Sharon’s condition/illness rather than use time in this tribute episode for that.

by Anonymousreply 46May 23, 2021 9:23 PM

Not the best mystery storyline the show has ever done, but you can tell that the actors really loved working with JR and deeply miss him.

Hopefully, they can continue this with Sean's files containing evidence to send Peter away

by Anonymousreply 47May 23, 2021 10:16 PM

It was a wonderful tribute. Cute mystery that could be wrapped up in an hour and set up for future storylines.

Only vet missing in Friday show was Kin Shriner.

by Anonymousreply 48May 23, 2021 11:19 PM

R48 and Lucy.

by Anonymousreply 49May 23, 2021 11:35 PM

I don’t get Tiffany. Show her.

by Anonymousreply 50May 24, 2021 5:10 AM

R22 Dude, Benard's been ad-libbing for YEARS, Come on.

by Anonymousreply 51May 24, 2021 12:27 PM

Please let there be a serial killer storyline (ala DOOL) or have Cyrus get rid of Sasha, Willow, Finn's new son (a terrible actor with a single look of confusion in every scene), and the weird-looking Black chick from Passions. I would also like them to get Sean out of prison and have him working with Carly to replace Jason while Sonny is gone.

by Anonymousreply 52May 24, 2021 12:32 PM

Miss Valentini gets his balls tickled by one of the young actors on the show.

by Anonymousreply 53May 24, 2021 2:54 PM

Gladys wants to go on The View and be interviewed by Joy Behar, lol.

by Anonymousreply 54May 24, 2021 10:05 PM

Three of the five nominations for the Daytime Emmy Lead Actress category are from GH: Genie Francis as Laura Collins, Nancy Lee Grahn as Alexis Davis, and Finola Hughes as Anna Devane/Alex Marick.

by Anonymousreply 55May 25, 2021 12:46 AM

The Metro Court is owned by two women, both of whom are depicted as millionaires, one of which is married to the mob and just became the mafia "godmother," yet it must have less security than that HoJo's where Connie Francis was raped.

by Anonymousreply 56May 25, 2021 12:57 AM

No nom for Maura West? She must be PISSED!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 57May 25, 2021 1:15 AM

My guess is it will go to NLG because she seems to have something on some bigwigs for a woman her age to keep getting so much screen time for such an annoying character.

by Anonymousreply 58May 25, 2021 1:18 AM

R58 Genie could get it because she has never won a Lead Actress Emmy, and is one of the last daytime "superstars" left, that has any name recognition outside of the genre.

by Anonymousreply 59May 25, 2021 4:19 AM

What happened to the characters of Jackie and Gregory?

by Anonymousreply 60May 25, 2021 8:28 AM

If Maura's pissed, Laura Wright must be apoplectic.

by Anonymousreply 61May 25, 2021 12:01 PM

Maura West was "defanged" YEARS ago.

by Anonymousreply 62May 25, 2021 1:24 PM

OP are you aware you were a “little stink machine” once? And, by all evidence, stinkier than your average bear.

Which end of the pier should you have been tossed into?

by Anonymousreply 63May 25, 2021 1:34 PM

That ugly fool Alan Sarapa is all worked up because Chipmunk McCoy and that awful Cam were not nominated for emmys. They weren’t nominated because they suck as actors, Alan. Duh.

by Anonymousreply 64May 25, 2021 5:08 PM

Briana Lane, TempBrooklyn, got an Emmy nomination for guest performer. Good for her, I liked her.

I'm puzzled as to why Kim Delaney was also nominated as guest, I think she's awful.

by Anonymousreply 65May 25, 2021 5:32 PM

[quote]Can we toss them all into Pier 54 and get on with the adult adventures?

Alas, hindsight is 20/20.

by Anonymousreply 66May 25, 2021 5:34 PM

GH nominations: Lead Actor Sonny, Jason , and Dante. Supporting Actress Diane and Jordan, Supporting Actor Mike, Cyrus, and Valentine. Guest star Jackie and temp-Brooke Lynn, younger performer TJ, Willow, and Trina. I just used the character names.

by Anonymousreply 67May 25, 2021 5:44 PM

Thank god no Eden McCoy or William Lipton. They didn’t do anything emmy worthy. GH got the most nominations of any soap. Yay!!

by Anonymousreply 68May 25, 2021 6:00 PM

The Daytime Emmys changed their rules and processes. So as not to have another Patrika Darbo scandal.

by Anonymousreply 69May 25, 2021 7:06 PM

Alan Sarapa is a moron. Just because Eden McCoy and Lipton have been nice to him on twitter, he thinks they should automatically get an emmy nomination. The fact is, they are NOT good actors. They suck. They did not get nominated for emmys. Thank god. Justice.

by Anonymousreply 70May 26, 2021 5:48 PM

Today's episode was a very traditional May Sweeps episode of the kind we rarely get anymore. Also, I like the Peter flashbacks we have been seeing all week leading up to hopefully his death on Friday. The British soaps I have been watching do that often for a special week when a villain is being killed off. Also, I know people on here tend to hate Jason, and I usually do as well, but I really like him and Britt and their love scene today was one of the better ones I've seen in awhile. 99% of the time he appears to be on acting autopilot, but in his Britt scenes. It's like he is trying for the first time in many, many years.

Also, the "nurse" really seems like a retread of Allison Perkins from OLTL, her devotion to Peter seems just like Perkins devotion to Mitch Laurence.

by Anonymousreply 71May 27, 2021 1:16 AM

What was the Patrika Darbo scandal?

by Anonymousreply 72May 27, 2021 1:34 AM

It was a mess in 2018, when they ended up not awarding the Emmy to anyone in the Outstanding Guest Performer in a Digital Drama category, because it was determined Darbo had appeared in the previous season of The Bay and submitted scenes from more than one episode, both of which was in violation of the rules. Thomas Calabro from The Bay was also disqualified. Jennifer Bassey, Chad Duell, and Mike E. Winfield, were also in the category and were not disqualified yet the Emmys decided to not award anyone rather than give it to one of the three non-disqualified actors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73May 27, 2021 2:01 AM

Is Patrika Darbo related to Chrissy Metz?

by Anonymousreply 74May 27, 2021 5:50 AM

So, is Kim Delany gone as Jackie Templeton?

She didn't come to visit her son Chase once since he was hospitalized.

by Anonymousreply 75May 27, 2021 9:04 AM

RoHo still just being goofy RoHo. Not even a hair color change.

by Anonymousreply 76May 27, 2021 6:51 PM

Is RoHo back on today's show? If so, who is he playing? That he will play whoever it is as a clown I have no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 77May 27, 2021 7:35 PM

Yes, towards the end of today's show. Looking good with no shirt on. New character. Don't want to spoil the rest.

by Anonymousreply 78May 27, 2021 7:37 PM

R78

Spoil

by Anonymousreply 79May 27, 2021 7:38 PM

RoHo is HOT for his age! Yumm!

by Anonymousreply 80May 27, 2021 7:40 PM

Well if you insist:

Hiker in woods who comes across Maxie in labor, says he is a doctor and his name is Austin. I didn't catch if that was his first name or if he is Dr. Austin. Delivers her baby.

by Anonymousreply 81May 27, 2021 7:42 PM

Thank you R78! I will have to check out today's show. I'm glad he didn't die his hair. It always looks awful. I was afraid this time he'd come back with frizzy bright red hair like Bozo The Clown. If he the same at the very least Liz and her kids and Scotty should make some reference to it. Not like with the very many characters the actor playing Finn where no one seemed to notice someone who looks exactly like 2 or 3 other people who lived in that town before came to PC.

Well, thanks again R78. It's appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 82May 27, 2021 7:44 PM

Oh god! Poor RH, is first day back and he has to look up Maxie's snatch. Jesus! So he's finally playing a doctor.

What is it with GH and babies born in the woods!

Thanks R78. I love to be spoiled and I'm glad you told us.

by Anonymousreply 83May 27, 2021 7:47 PM

thanks r81

and yet again we speculate on which legacy character RH or Kimberly Brown(or anyone else cast) and we are always let down...

by Anonymousreply 84May 27, 2021 8:18 PM

Sonny or Mike is now fucking Nina? I usually hate Sonny but don't mind him as Mike. I stopped watching GH months ago because I loathe that fucking cunt who plays Chase and have always hated Chad Duell. They are two of the worst "actors" I have ever seen and I bust a vein every time I see those two fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 85May 27, 2021 8:25 PM

If RH is going to stay on the show, they're going to need to give him some ties to PC. Right now, it's pretty open ended. He could be Jimmy Lee Holt's son?

by Anonymousreply 86May 27, 2021 8:53 PM

[quote]If RH is going to stay on the show, they're going to need to give him some ties to PC. Right now, it's pretty open ended. He could be Jimmy Lee Holt's son?

I'd say there's a very good chance that he is related to Jimmy Lee or Alan; either would make him part of the Qs. There was a JLH mention in the last week or two and I wondered if that was foreshadowing. Any chance "Austin's" last name is Gatlin? The amount of times they mentioned Pautuck I figured the town must be significant somehow so I looked it up:

Pautuck

Pautuck, New York is a fictional city located in New York.

Charity Gatlin was introduced as the widowed store owner of Gatlin's, in Pautuck. Alan Quartermaine stumbled upon her store in July of 1986 after he had faked his death and had amnesia.

Alan’s brother Jimmy Lee Holt faced a financial ruin when some of his waterfront properties collapsed. His wife Celia could not tolerate being destitute. She left Jimmy Lee and Port Charles for good. In a strange turn of events, Jimmy Lee married Charity Gatlin and moved to Pautuck to help her run Gatlin's.

In May 2021, Maxie is at GH with Dr. Navarro while Peter talks to Maxie’s live-in nurse Fake Chloe. He wants Maxie to grow to trust her new nurse before she is taken to Pautuck, New York to deliver the baby. Peter says that he will disappear with Maxie and the baby afterwards as a new family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87May 27, 2021 9:24 PM

r87

that would be awesome but you are giving the writers too much credit

by Anonymousreply 88May 27, 2021 9:31 PM

Maybe Charity got pregnant from Alan and she and Jimmy Lee raised the child, without informing anyone, and he now Austin. Being Alan's son would give him part of the Q inheritance since Jimmy Lee and presumably any children of his were excluded.

by Anonymousreply 89May 27, 2021 9:42 PM

Great detective work r87 They could have just had Peter send them to an unnamed getaway, put they mentioned that town for a good reason. I'm now betting Alan's the father making Dr. Austin a legacy at GH.

by Anonymousreply 90May 27, 2021 9:55 PM

It would also make sense because when Franco thought he was Drew, his scenes with Monica were great. RoHo is really good in scenes with an older woman. His best OLTL scenes were with Vikki, so to create a similar relationship with Monica would be great.

by Anonymousreply 91May 27, 2021 9:59 PM

I loathe Sam. She never laughs or smiles. It might be the Botox, but she seems permanently miserable.

Cyrus is dreadful.

Cameron acts with his underbite. His anger comes across as that of a five-year-old.

Lots of shitty performers.

by Anonymousreply 92May 27, 2021 10:22 PM

Whoever it was that was attacking Cameron's "acting" before is right. He is awful. I don't know if he was always awful or just became awful.

by Anonymousreply 93May 27, 2021 10:35 PM

[quote]Being Alan's son would give him part of the Q inheritance since Jimmy Lee and presumably any children of his were excluded.

Not to mention those ever important ELQ voting shares!

Watch them keep us guessing by making Austin the last name, but then his first name will be Alan or James. LOL James could be for either one because it's also Alan's middle name.

by Anonymousreply 94May 27, 2021 10:36 PM

Wondering if any long-term GH watchers can answer this question; How many times has Maxie been kidnapped and held hostage? Doesn't this happen to her like every 3 years?

by Anonymousreply 95May 28, 2021 6:54 AM

Nixon Fails is so boring. Nina has no plan to use amnesiac Mike to get revenge on Carly? No subtle hints or screeching anvils that Nelle might still be alive? Multiple dangling OLTL carrots but not one character appearance? These writers suck.

by Anonymousreply 96May 28, 2021 9:19 AM

R96 = The OLTL Baiting is one of my biggest complaints too....Maybe the scripts were written when they thought they were bringing Roger Howarth back as Todd Manning?....Why can't they bring on Nikki Smith as a bar patron in Nixon Falls, boozing it up--even for one episode?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97May 28, 2021 9:27 AM

Yeah, RH was looking mighty tasty. I don't like this Sam/Dante or Jason/Britt thing. Also, Maxie has 3 KIDS. Enough.

by Anonymousreply 98May 28, 2021 9:58 AM

Show may have to keep Maxie perpetually pregnant in response to Kristen Storms weight.

by Anonymousreply 99May 28, 2021 12:50 PM

RH is welcome to be inside me. Anytime!

by Anonymousreply 100May 28, 2021 2:46 PM

Is Peter really dead? They better not tease us like this.

by Anonymousreply 101May 28, 2021 3:08 PM

This is my issue with the supposed ABC directive about Todd couldn’t come back because he was a rapist. Todd wasn’t Luke. While Luke was for the most part allowed to bury his act of rape, expect for that storyline about when Lucky found out, Todd was never allowed to forget. Todd went to jail and was constantly reminded of his rape of Marty. While never becoming fully good, the show showed that he rehabilitated and showed genuine remorse for his actions. I guess gray is dead and only black and white remains.

by Anonymousreply 102May 28, 2021 5:12 PM

Ok, I totally was not expecting that those two would end up being the weekly cliffhanger.

by Anonymousreply 103May 29, 2021 2:16 AM

I have not been a regular fan of GH for decades, but I watched the show today. There was a shootout. After the shootout, Carly, Jason, Nicolas, and some of the others were standing around talking. Is there a reason why they did not leave the scene of the shootout? Dante eventually stopped by and arrested Jason. That arrest could have been avoided if they had left the scene. I don't know anything about mob wars, but it made no sense. I think General Hospital needs to stop with all this mob madness. They have been doing this for years--and I am not impressed. They should bring in a new group of hospital interns and residents and create drama around them.

by Anonymousreply 104May 29, 2021 2:21 AM

R104 I would love that too. However, I don't think that would ever happen until and unless MB retires. If it was up to me I'd split the show in two. Have a 30min soap called GH that focused on the hospital, and one called PC that focused on the mob, stuff, make it Edge of Night like. They could share cast members when needed.

by Anonymousreply 105May 29, 2021 2:26 AM

R105, it is funny that you mention The Edge of Night because I was thinking that GH is reminiscent of EON, which was a soap centered around crime, criminals, police officers, and the like. For years, I have thought that GH's title card (with the dark skyline at night) looks like it would be more appropriate for a modern-day EON.

by Anonymousreply 106May 29, 2021 2:43 AM

R106 Edge was a soap I really wish I'd had the chance to experience.

by Anonymousreply 107May 29, 2021 2:47 AM

I don't think that will happen r104. Allegedly some years back ABC was thinking of pulling back on the mob stories or even eliminating it all together. Supposedly viewers in some large tv markets in New England told ABC to keep the Mob around because they loved it and wouldn't be as interested in hospital stories.

by Anonymousreply 108May 29, 2021 11:34 AM

In Ron's first year at HW, he cut back on the mob stuff and focused more on the hospital. Reports at the time said viewers in NYC area and Northeast wanted more Sonny, so Ron had to up the mob stuff by his second year.

by Anonymousreply 109May 29, 2021 2:02 PM

So, let me get this straight -- characters like Franco and Todd Manning, both rapists, have to be put out to pasture, but mobsters like Sonny and Jason are the show's heroes. Sonny has pushed drugs, murdered people, harmed young women, and that's okay? Soap operas as a genre have made criminals the "anti-heroes" -- Luke, Marco Dane, Todd Manning. My recommendation is to put away all the criminals and stop encouraging people to romanticize them. Sonny is a punk -- making him more sympathetic than, say, Cyrus or another other baddie, doesn't make him good. Quality in soaps comes from making people complex and putting them in complex situations. The viewers have been fed "comic book" soaps for sometime now and they have forgotten that what made soaps great was people who were flawed, yes, but not competely morally deficient.

by Anonymousreply 110May 29, 2021 3:07 PM

R108 They should do a new study.

by Anonymousreply 111May 29, 2021 7:13 PM

Here’s hoping we find Peter dead on those stairs today.

by Anonymousreply 112June 1, 2021 5:25 PM

It's more likely he sustains a head trauma that leaves him with amnesia. Fast forward- he heals, but fakes continued amnesia to avoid prosecution and milk sympathy and forgiveness because he's pretending to be "good" now.

by Anonymousreply 113June 1, 2021 7:03 PM

R113 That is exactly what will happen. The writers have only about 3 or 4 go to stories. Especially on a shit show like GH.

by Anonymousreply 114June 1, 2021 7:52 PM

Unfortunately, r113 is probably right as there is no way LW is going to let them can her younger bf, she needs him employed and in her sight at all times.. She will also continue to demand he be paired with non-threatening to her (aka chubby) partners.

I'm guessing Peter sold The Invader to Cameron Mathison?

by Anonymousreply 115June 1, 2021 7:56 PM

How long before Lassie finds Chloe in the well?

by Anonymousreply 116June 2, 2021 12:30 AM

Hopefully Lassie won't find the real Chloe in the dumpster

by Anonymousreply 117June 2, 2021 12:41 AM

Oh, shit, that's right. Real Chloe must be stinking up a storm by now. I'll bet even the rats are scared. Is there a garbage strike in Port Chuck? You would think someone would have noticed by now.

by Anonymousreply 118June 2, 2021 12:53 AM

So Maxie and Brook Lynn don’t notice a resemblance between Franco and Austin?

by Anonymousreply 119June 2, 2021 2:35 AM

R119 I guess they are doing like the many Michael Easton characters.

by Anonymousreply 120June 2, 2021 2:40 AM

Who really thought that having two of the black female characters, that you just had spend an episode talking about how hard it to be black, especially black females, be held hostage/terrorized by an old white man, was a smart move?

R115 I do suspect that Cameron Mathison's character will be the new owner of The Invader. They probably won't but he should be his AMC character, because he would be heavily connected to Anna. Ryan was a relative of Duke Lavery, his first wife was accidently killed in place of Anna, and Anna's nephew Aiden was his love rival on several occasions. He was also a morally gray character, who as Peter said would want such a property to appear as a standup citizen. He wasn't a rapist, so his character shouldn't be covered under the recent ABC directive.

I feel like the the first plan from the writers was to bring RH back as Todd, before ABC made their recent rapist decision. I mean why else would ABC need to make such a decision in the first place about characters that are no longer on canvas? I doubt it was only because of Franco, since it has been established he never ACTUALLY raped anyone. He caused Michael's rape and made Sam think that he raped her, but never actually did the deed.

So the writers quickly made Llanview into Nixon Falls. I even suspect that the Tan-O was originally going to be Roadies. Then they wrote Dr. Austin for RH, because they had committed to killing Franco. If they do as some suspects and makes him another Alan spawn or Jimmy Lee Holt's offspring, they are still going back into history and making him a tent pole character.

by Anonymousreply 121June 2, 2021 3:22 AM

I feel like I've seen Maxie give that same goodbye speech to a sister, a husband, and a couple of babies. Storms must have a lifetime Disney contract- she is not needed on this show.

by Anonymousreply 122June 2, 2021 11:20 AM

So...that was Peter at the bottom of the stars that Elizabeth found? So many characters have that neatly trimmed five o'clock shadow I couldn't make the person.

by Anonymousreply 123June 2, 2021 12:30 PM

Yes, its Peter at the bottom of the stairs. I, too, had to look closely to make sure it was him.

by Anonymousreply 124June 2, 2021 12:32 PM

Frankie still has a hard on for Roger.

by Anonymousreply 125June 2, 2021 5:29 PM

How did Maxie know about the abandoned well? How close to P.C. is the town of Pautuk? Why would the ambulance take Maxie and old Franco to G.H. instead of a hospital closer? Why didn’t Trina pick up the gun and REALLY REALLY REALLY kill Cyrus when he passed out?

by Anonymousreply 126June 2, 2021 6:15 PM

Did Jeff Kober get another job or has he become too expensive for GH?

They seem to be ushering him out quickly all of a sudden after setting up what seemed to be long term story lines for him, Laura, Martin, Nik, Sasha...

Or did Mo get jealous and demand JK be given the heave ho?

by Anonymousreply 127June 2, 2021 7:34 PM

Seems like JK suddenly got another job and they had to write him off quicker than expected.

Doubt they wanted this Cyrus story at the same time their carefully planned Peter exit story was also wrapping up. Plus, they needed to use the show's B-team to send him off when they probably wanted this as a Sonny/Carly/Jason story

by Anonymousreply 128June 2, 2021 8:55 PM

So, if JK is being written off for a job, does that mean that Cyrus trading Portia and Trina for Laura as a hostage will usher Genie off again?

It was nice to see John McBain on the roof of GH today. Valentini needs to right some wrongs, pronto.

by Anonymousreply 129June 2, 2021 9:21 PM

GF isn't going anywhere. In her many decades on the show, Laura has spent more time as a hostage than walking around free

by Anonymousreply 130June 2, 2021 9:38 PM

The end. GL and ATWT ended when they resorted to shooting from their roofs. Poor GH. Limping along till the end.

by Anonymousreply 131June 2, 2021 11:17 PM

R130 I have to wonder, though, doesn't she usually take a long break in the summer? He could keep her hostage for the summer until they are both free to comeback in the fall?

by Anonymousreply 132June 3, 2021 12:02 AM

Maxie's take down of Peter today was actually pretty good. The best performance she has given in years. I'm guessing this will be her Emmy reel for next year.

by Anonymousreply 133June 3, 2021 12:45 AM

I applaud GH for making the full use of their studio, but whenever they go out it is so clear they are in CA and not NY. Y&R is the same. The only soap that it doesn't screw up is B&B because they are actually set in LA.

by Anonymousreply 134June 3, 2021 12:58 AM

Genie has a break coming up.

by Anonymousreply 135June 3, 2021 1:04 AM

r133 Agreed. She was pretty good today.

by Anonymousreply 136June 3, 2021 1:41 AM

So this is how I think Peter is killed: He sees Austin in the stairwell, exclaims "Franco? I thought I killed you?" and is so shocked that he trips and falls down the stairs.

by Anonymousreply 137June 3, 2021 6:56 AM

But no one's mentioned the resemblance R137. Even Maxie who slept with him.

I've always liked Jeff Korber. I hope he's not leaving but looks like it.

by Anonymousreply 138June 3, 2021 9:54 AM

Korber looks as though he smells. Gross.

by Anonymousreply 139June 3, 2021 11:25 AM

If Peter is dead, then that makes Brook Lynn passing the baby off as her own pointless. So sadly, I'm skeptical about Peter really being gone.

by Anonymousreply 140June 3, 2021 1:10 PM

Yes, in soap world, saying that No one will find him here is usually code for We'll be seeing this character back next week

by Anonymousreply 141June 3, 2021 11:25 PM

Maybe WR has a new gay indie film and is taking a break from GH. :) He was sex on a stick in Latter Days.

by Anonymousreply 142June 3, 2021 11:37 PM

Finn and Liz's decision is definitely going to come back to haunt. The helicopter flying above might report the presence of someone, and/or when Peter comes to, he'll hold it over their heads in exchange for something.

by Anonymousreply 143June 3, 2021 11:53 PM

[quote] The helicopter flying above might report the presence of someone, and/or when Peter comes to

I don't think that people flying a helicopter that was helping a fugitive escape and was previously going to help in a kidnapping, are going to run to the police.

by Anonymousreply 144June 4, 2021 12:11 AM

Please let him be dead-dead.

Speculation is Liz and Finn will have to marry to keep from testifying against each other. I rather like this idea and cue Hayden's return.

Cyrus is giving some Faison vibes with that hair do he's sporting.

by Anonymousreply 145June 4, 2021 12:18 AM

[quote]I don't think that people flying a helicopter that was helping a fugitive escape and was previously going to help in a kidnapping, are going to run to the police.

But they balked. The whole "we have a delay" thing seemed a tad flimsy since they were already overhead and there were no inclement weather conditions. Perhaps they sensed the deal stunk and didn't think it was worth aiding and abetting over.

by Anonymousreply 146June 4, 2021 12:34 AM

Finn and Elizabeth disposed of the body. Therefore, Peter will go missing. Only Finn and Liz will know he is actually dead. Maxie, and everyone else, will think Peter is still alive somewhere, so she will stick to her story about "Chloe" stealing the baby, for fear Peter will come back and kidnap them. Brook Lynn has to keep up the pretense and convince Valentin the baby is his. All will get attached. The only other person who might know or figure out is Britt. Unless the writers come up with something even dumber than what I'm speculating.

by Anonymousreply 147June 4, 2021 12:42 AM

R146 Which is another reason to just fly away and not say anything about anything.

by Anonymousreply 148June 4, 2021 12:42 AM

[quote]Finn and Elizabeth disposed of the body.

Wait--what?? Did I miss that part? I thought they just walked away like they never saw it....

by Anonymousreply 149June 4, 2021 1:02 AM

I hope Curtis is dead, what a fucking dolt. Bursts in. Then Cyrus gets shot like a lil bitch. Horrible writing.

by Anonymousreply 150June 4, 2021 8:29 PM

Democrats/Republicans

by Anonymousreply 151June 4, 2021 8:30 PM

Ooops. That was a mistake. @151

I'll show myself out. . .

by Anonymousreply 152June 4, 2021 8:34 PM

Curtis CANNOT be dead. He is singlehandedly carrying the hotness factor for the show.

by Anonymousreply 153June 4, 2021 8:53 PM

RoHo needs to ditch the goofy smile if he wants to create a new character.

by Anonymousreply 154June 4, 2021 8:56 PM

R154 He looks like one of the millions of homeless scumbags in LA right now. Absolutely nothing hot about him or Curtis.

by Anonymousreply 155June 4, 2021 9:00 PM

RoHo-Toddco-Austin was looking kinda strangely at the Michael Corinthos Head Trauma Wing sign in the hallway. Perhaps he's been researching his relatives and recognized the name of his nephew?

by Anonymousreply 156June 4, 2021 10:15 PM

Another round of Howarth's endless mugging. Pass.

by Anonymousreply 157June 4, 2021 11:22 PM

OMG, I guess Maxie will be off canvas at some point this summer. She just had brain surgery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158June 5, 2021 2:52 AM

Why is Alan Sarapa such a god damned MESS?

by Anonymousreply 159June 5, 2021 9:32 AM

Isn't it about time for Willow to be killed off? Michael's girlfriends never last long.

by Anonymousreply 160June 5, 2021 2:11 PM

I think Willow's days are numbered. Michael was going full court press on her last week (which, btw, their sex scene wasn't nearly as hot as Rafe and Ava's on DAYS), and Willow has been acting a little unhinged. Dick of Death in full effect.

BTW, former GH baddie Coby Ryan McLaughlin/Shiloh was playing gay on Dynasty last night, and it was hot.

by Anonymousreply 161June 5, 2021 3:37 PM

Who was watching Willow and Michael make love, at the end of the episode?

by Anonymousreply 162June 5, 2021 4:41 PM

Probably Chase r162.

by Anonymousreply 163June 5, 2021 4:50 PM

Whatever happened to Willow's mother, Harmony? Did she get sent back to the pokey? Last time I remember seeing her was when she and Jordan both were being blackmailed into doing Cyrus' bidding.

by Anonymousreply 164June 5, 2021 4:55 PM

R163 How? The last time we saw him he was extremely sick in GH, with his mother and (Grand)father. Peter also never delivered the serum.

by Anonymousreply 165June 5, 2021 4:57 PM

Zombie Nelle?

by Anonymousreply 166June 5, 2021 5:02 PM

Nelle would be the only plausible answer, who else would care what Mr. and Mrs. BORING do.

by Anonymousreply 167June 5, 2021 7:18 PM

Coby/Shiloh on Dynasty

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168June 5, 2021 7:26 PM

R164 I think she is in Canada and initially had trouble coming back to US to work. But they seem to have forgotten her at this point.

by Anonymousreply 169June 5, 2021 7:56 PM

Last fall, there was some point in Willow's storyline where Harmony's presence would have seemed natural.

One of the soap sites tracked the actress down and questioned her about it. She reported that GH had invited her to come back for few episodes. She was in Toronto filming something and fly to LA to film a few days would have meant 2 weeks of quarantine in LA and then 2 weeks of quarantine when she got back to Canada. She said it wasn't worth it.

by Anonymousreply 170June 5, 2021 8:40 PM

My how Coby has downgraded. Dynasty has something like 240,000 viewers. GH has over 2 million. Desperate actor.

by Anonymousreply 171June 6, 2021 4:58 PM

Coby should have been cast as NuNik. TPTB wasted a perfect opportunity to make Nik complex and interesting.

Current Nik actor doesn't have the demeanor for the role and I don't see the chemistry between him and Ava everyone raves about.

by Anonymousreply 172June 6, 2021 5:22 PM

At some point, (if GH survives), you'll see Tyler Christopher come back.

by Anonymousreply 173June 6, 2021 6:48 PM

It’s not a good sign when soaps tape on their roof.

by Anonymousreply 174June 7, 2021 2:28 PM

Current Nik actor is terrible - aboout 15 years too young and I always have to be reminded who he is, even after a few years now.

by Anonymousreply 175June 7, 2021 2:56 PM

[quote]It’s not a good sign when soaps tape on their roof.

Peter, like Grandma, is on the roof now.

by Anonymousreply 176June 7, 2021 10:41 PM

Get the fuck off my roof!

by Anonymousreply 177June 8, 2021 1:43 PM

Will someone please kick Aunt Stella in the cunt bone already? Or give her some serious dicking down, although I don't know who could stand that.

by Anonymousreply 178June 8, 2021 8:29 PM

Can someone get Idiot Dylan banned from SON along with the other pervs over there? Vee do your job. Vee is in the biz, you know.

by Anonymousreply 179June 8, 2021 9:05 PM

Soapsuds is the biggest perv. Literally. He’s fat.

by Anonymousreply 180June 8, 2021 9:12 PM

For a show where it takes weeks or months for characters to finally say what they want to say, it's refreshing to have a character like Aunt Stella who gets straight to the point.

I'd watch an Aunt Stella spinoff show

by Anonymousreply 181June 8, 2021 9:13 PM

Stella’s such a nasty cunt.

by Anonymousreply 182June 8, 2021 10:02 PM

[quote]I'd watch an Aunt Stella spinoff show

This could be fabulous if each episode ended with her getting a pie in the face!

by Anonymousreply 183June 8, 2021 10:14 PM

Obi Wan Obrecht playing sensei to Anna Skywalker was pure joy.

by Anonymousreply 184June 9, 2021 11:05 PM

Genie is an ok actress, but she’s not great. She wasn’t good in her scenes with Cyrus the other day.

by Anonymousreply 185June 10, 2021 1:22 AM

Some satellite or cable company did some research a few years back on daytime tv in America. According to them GH was the most popular daytime show in the state of New Jersey while Dool was most popular in the state of West Virginia and Y&R in Louisiana.

by Anonymousreply 186June 10, 2021 1:35 AM

Mo's sputtering, halting delivery of his lines is unbecoming of the STAR of the show.

by Anonymousreply 187June 10, 2021 6:33 PM

I want Mo Benard inside me quite deeply!

by Anonymousreply 188June 10, 2021 8:56 PM

So Cyrus isn't going anywhere I gather?

by Anonymousreply 189June 11, 2021 2:41 AM

One of the longest running characters in soap history told Cryus today that not only will he be going to a prison that's we don't see on the show, and her last words to him were IF we see each other again. It's not a strong case that we'll be seeing Cyrus again anytime soon.

Plus, they quickly wrapped up his one lingering storyline of his mother today.

by Anonymousreply 190June 11, 2021 3:48 AM

Wonder if it was Jeff Kober's choice or for budget reasons. I doubt someone of his caliber comes cheap.

Of course I doubt "soap vet" Cameron Mathison is cheap either.

Spoilers say new hospital board member week of June 21st, I'm guessing that's RoHo Reinvented.

by Anonymousreply 191June 11, 2021 3:56 AM

I am in charge. I am in the biz, you know.

by Anonymousreply 192June 11, 2021 4:06 AM

Are they planning on killing off Britt?

by Anonymousreply 193June 11, 2021 4:30 AM

Cameron Mathison's asking price went way down once he found out the network was also looking for a new Bachelor host

by Anonymousreply 194June 11, 2021 4:44 AM

[quote]Are they planning on killing off Britt?

They could keep the character viable by having her participate in a clinical trial for gene therapy or stem cell therapy, this is really happening for Huntington's. In a super convenient coincidence, Finn apparently knows how to cook such concoctions right in the tiny GH lab! Alternately, some have speculated that the doctor in Canada may have been doing Cyrus' bidding and jiggered the results just to fuck with her.

by Anonymousreply 195June 11, 2021 5:29 AM

Re: Britt. If GH had good writers, (yeah, right!), her storyline would be how she and Jason try to stop her descent into madness caused by the disease, especially after she's done such a good job rehabilitating herself.

Even her mother, Lisa, is apparently rehabilitated.

by Anonymousreply 196June 11, 2021 5:42 AM

Maybe the reason that the Trojan Horse Hamilton created didn’t work is because he really isn’t Harrison’s father. When has GH ever gotten a paternity test right?

by Anonymousreply 197June 11, 2021 9:41 AM

Please please please let Peter be dead dead!

by Anonymousreply 198June 11, 2021 9:43 AM

Funny how Martin shows up yesterday, as soon as the Cyrus drama is over. But nice job finding their mother during a commercial break.

I can't decide which is the more lame blackmail threat: Cyrus telling the feds about Dev, or Jax telling Chase about Millow. Are these writers even trying?

Any guesses who they'll pair Todd Manning 3.0 with? It can't be worse than Mike and Nina, or Finn and Liz. Brando and Sasha are pretty cute, though.

by Anonymousreply 199June 11, 2021 10:14 AM

[quote]It can't be worse than Mike and Nina,

I'm actually like Nina and "Mike." As much as I don't like the Sonny and Carly characters, I'm am really enjoying this Nixon Falls storyline and Carly as the Godmother storyline.

by Anonymousreply 200June 11, 2021 10:54 AM

R87

But this would mean that Roger Howarth was playing a character born around 1987. Bwaaaaahaaaaahaaaaa. Oh Lordy, that's a good one.

by Anonymousreply 201June 11, 2021 11:51 AM

r197 there was a quick scene weeks ago that showed that Cyrus screwed with Chase's hospital DNA results which is why Finn's cure didn't work as he's not the real father

by Anonymousreply 202June 11, 2021 12:44 PM

r197 That would be good. Making them father and son was so pointless.

by Anonymousreply 203June 11, 2021 2:25 PM

Ho w many millions of times has GH used fake paternities and also where seemingly smart characters like Valentin accept the word of a repulsive lying whore like Brooklynn about her revolting lil hellspwan. I truly hate GH's writers like I hated the aids.

by Anonymousreply 204June 11, 2021 2:39 PM

I think it's obvious that Austin is gonna be paired with Maxie.

by Anonymousreply 205June 11, 2021 5:38 PM

Ugh, what a waste of RH’s talent to pair him with Maxie. She’s a horrible actress and that babyish vocal fry is cringeworthy.

by Anonymousreply 206June 11, 2021 7:38 PM

Well, if that's true for the first time ever I feel sorry for Howarth. He needs a very strong actor to work with, someone who will not put up with this clownish bullshit and who can act well him or herself. His best work was with very strong actors, female and male. He needs someone who won't let him get away with lazy work. The actress who plays Maxie usually sucks on her own, put her together with someone who also sucks and there is nothing but fast forward material. I actually can't think of anyone in the right age group on GH that is well suited for him. They should bring in the actress who played Tea or Blair, my preference, being Tea. Or don't put him in a romantic situation and let him work with Monica or Dr. O. Oh, or what about Ava, she can make a stale slice of bread come off good and Nick stinks. In RL he is mid 50s, so he doesn't need to be with a young person.

Maybe he can have a relationship with a slightly older woman like Anna.

No matter what, not fucking Maxie. Even one of the teens, Trina, is a better actress than what's her name who plays Maxie. Only Lulu was worse, and of course the other two teen.

Fuck ABC for not letting them let him be Todd. At least then there was built in possibilities if any of the better OLTL people were willing to come to GH.

However first they need to insist Howarth go to a good acting teacher, not some GH coach but someone really good, maybe in NYC since he lives there. I once read that he claimed he never went to an acting class. He should not brag about that because it shows.

by Anonymousreply 207June 11, 2021 7:43 PM

GH has acting coaches?

Can someone please book an appointment with said coach for the guy who plays Nik.

Or does he only take Xenu approved courses?

by Anonymousreply 208June 11, 2021 7:52 PM

R202 Thanks. I must have missed that.

by Anonymousreply 209June 11, 2021 7:55 PM

I missed it too so thanks from me also R202. Why they would even bother to give Finn a son and take it away or bother with a story at all for Chase I have no idea but I do like to be able to follow along so I'm glad I know.

by Anonymousreply 210June 11, 2021 8:39 PM

My name is Vee. I’m in the biz and know everything! Look me up at SON. I know everything!

by Anonymousreply 211June 11, 2021 9:52 PM

Good catch, R201. Since when is GH a stickler about proper ages, though? Charity Gatlin also had an eight year old son from a previous marriage that Jimmy Lee could have adopted, still making him technically a Q. The boy's name was Jonah, but they could work around that by making Austin be the middle name or a nickname.

As far as who could they pair him with? A tryst with Dr. Terry could be um, interesting. But it could ruffle a lot of feathers if it wasn't handled just so.

by Anonymousreply 212June 11, 2021 10:45 PM

Actor's ages aren't a real thing on GH. Dante and his mother are only around 6 years apart IRL

by Anonymousreply 213June 12, 2021 12:00 AM

[quote]Ho w many millions of times has GH used fake paternities and also where seemingly smart characters like Valentin accept the word of a repulsive lying whore like Brooklynn about her revolting lil hellspwan. I truly hate GH's writers like I hated the aids.

Who's the daddy storylines are a staple for soaps. They've been a mainstay of soaps since the early days just like love triangles and sibling rivalries. As part of that, switching paternity results has been used on virtually every soap.

Days certainly makes good use of switching paternity results. And GH has as well. Even Y&R has done it, although not to the extent GH and Days have. B&B just got through with a paternity results test switch storyline that ended with the lab technician who switched the results getting killed in a hit and run with the person who was suspected of being the father being the person who drove the car that killed him.

If you want to hate somebody, hate Irna Phillips for introducing the who's daddy storyline decades ago. But even if she hadn't done it, another HW would have, maybe Agnes Nixon or Bill Bell. And if none of them had introduced it, Gloria Monty definitely would have.

by Anonymousreply 214June 12, 2021 12:06 AM

R214 These fucking SLs have been done to death and they are obvious. Whoever writes this kind of shit should be shot. I was watching YnR for awhile there but in the last 2 years or so absolutely nothing has happened. Not one good SL. Whoever watches these shit shows are fucking retards.

by Anonymousreply 215June 12, 2021 12:43 AM

There is nothing wrong with a who's your daddy storyline, or any of the other staple soap plots. it is just that they need to be used more sparingly and in less obvious ways.

by Anonymousreply 216June 12, 2021 12:48 AM

Who's the Daddy stories also need a big payoff. We're the audience: don't fuck around with us. Treat us with respect. Honor that we love the histories of our soaps. Stories that go nowhere, characters that act way out of character -- those are insults to us, man. We love out soaps and we love our soap favorites. Look, we're talking on DL about shows that have been off the air for decades...as if we are still living in Bay City or Llanview or Oakdale.

by Anonymousreply 217June 12, 2021 1:13 AM

That most ridiculous thing is no one, especially Liz, for fucks sake, saying this guy looks just like Franco.

by Anonymousreply 218June 12, 2021 1:30 AM

I approved all of these stories!

by Anonymousreply 219June 12, 2021 1:30 AM

Why is Nellie Branco talking about soaps again? I thought he left the daytime biz and Vee took over. Nellie, shut the fuck up. Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 220June 12, 2021 1:40 AM

I need proof of life for Ellie. How do we know Spinelli hasn't murdered her and is just faking their relationship?

by Anonymousreply 221June 12, 2021 2:03 AM

So Willow and Chase will marry. Finn will figure out that Gregory is Chase’s father after all, just in time to save Chase. Then Willow will be stuck married to him. Then she’ll learn she’s pregnant with Michael’s child.

by Anonymousreply 222June 13, 2021 2:49 AM

So, has Kristina Wagner done something to piss off the GH brass? Or is Kristina on the outs with Kristen Storms?

Why isn't Felicia around for Maxie's baby being lost? Felicia appeared in the Sean Donnelley tribute episodes, so Kristina Wagner clearly is available. So, why was she not at Maxie's wedding in March? And why is she not here now that Maxie is in the hospital after losing the baby?

by Anonymousreply 223June 13, 2021 2:55 AM

Why can't GH bring back Todd Manning? I thought all that Prospect Park stuff was settled.

by Anonymousreply 224June 13, 2021 3:35 AM

R224 The claim is that ABC has made a decision that no rapists can be featured anymore. Though, I kinda suspect that if AG wanted to come back as Luke, they would amend that policy.

by Anonymousreply 225June 13, 2021 4:57 AM

[quote]So, has Kristina Wagner done something to piss off the GH brass? Or is Kristina on the outs with Kristen Storms?

It was her choice to take a hiatus due to the pandemic. She was caring for an elderly parent and didn't want to take any chances.

by Anonymousreply 226June 13, 2021 5:08 AM

R226 Is she still caring for the parent? Did she just do the SD tribute because she cared for the actor and wanted to honor him?

by Anonymousreply 227June 13, 2021 5:34 AM

R227 - Her father has since died, I don't really know the answer to the second part. I imagine that might be the case, though.

by Anonymousreply 228June 13, 2021 6:07 AM

Regarding Kristina Wagner, I think recurring players are only allowed a certain number of days each month. Why wasn't Bobbie at the Sean memorial? Why are there so many events you'd expect to see Lucy but don't? Mac is the police commissioner but there were numerous crimes he wasn't present for.

I think there were a couple times Scotty showed up as someone's lawyer because Diane had already used up her quota of days.

by Anonymousreply 229June 13, 2021 6:40 AM

r229 By that reasoning about limited budget for recurring players, is that why TJ wasn't there in the scenes with his stepfather Curtis in the hospital after being shot? The money they might have used for TJ was used for Aunt Stella instead?

by Anonymousreply 230June 13, 2021 11:02 AM

Entertainment Weekly has a discussion of some of the LGBTQ characters on soaps over the decades.

While this story focuses largely on ABC gay characters, it ignores several ABC gay characters too:

Lucas, Felix and Brad (GH)

Oliver Fish and Kyle Lewis (OLTL)

Michael Delaney and Kevin Sheffield (AMC)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231June 13, 2021 11:29 AM

Yet they shove Carly down our throats almost every damn day r229. TPTB at GH suck rope.

by Anonymousreply 232June 13, 2021 3:31 PM

GH’s gay characters are off screen because the old biddies in the bible belt threaten to stop watching and ABC buckles to them.

by Anonymousreply 233June 13, 2021 4:51 PM

Next thread for when this one locks:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234June 13, 2021 6:34 PM

If Chase recovers I hope he won't be a cop after 2 weeks rehabilitation. All the DAMAGE his body has gone through before our eyes, I expect him to be in a wheelchair for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 235June 13, 2021 6:41 PM

[quote] Why wasn't Bobbie at the Sean memorial?

Because, history wise it would have been strange considering the massive storyline over baby Lucas, when Bobby and Tiffany were fighting for custody.

by Anonymousreply 236June 13, 2021 6:44 PM

[quote] GH’s gay characters are off screen because the old biddies in the bible belt threaten to stop watching and ABC buckles to them.

I don't know about that. I think most of GH's audience is comprised of fans who started in the 70s and 80s. not bluehairs who switched from Guiding Light in 1963. Add to that, I suspect GH (and really all of the remaining soaps) have a sizable gay male audience. There's only about 2M people watching GH these days -- seriously, just how many of them can be Bible-thumping old biddies in Arkansas?

by Anonymousreply 237June 13, 2021 7:45 PM

R237 Duh! You dumb shit. Gay men watch soaps and THINK they are important. But they are not. Advertisers on daytime soaps could not care less about gay men or what they think.

by Anonymousreply 238June 13, 2021 8:51 PM

In the meantime, real Chloe's corpse still lies a moldering in the dumpster, creating what must be the foul stench to end all foul stenches.

That can't be good for property values.

by Anonymousreply 239June 13, 2021 8:58 PM

[quote] [R237] Duh! You dumb shit. Gay men watch soaps and THINK they are important. But they are not. Advertisers on daytime soaps could not care less about gay men or what they think.

Oh dear. Someone hasn't had dick in quite some time...

by Anonymousreply 240June 13, 2021 9:44 PM

[quote]Advertisers on daytime soaps could not care less about gay men or what they think

But they do care about advertising dollars and it has been shown that gay men as a whole have a higher disposable income compared to other groups.

by Anonymousreply 241June 13, 2021 9:49 PM

R241 On daytime, that doesn't matter. No advertisers ask how many gay men are watching soaps. It just doesn’t happen. It’s all about the females watching soaps. Always has been, always will be.

by Anonymousreply 242June 14, 2021 1:08 AM

r234 Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 243June 14, 2021 1:28 AM

Trans character Dr. Terry is supposed to be coming back and have a big story.

by Anonymousreply 244June 14, 2021 5:48 PM

All her patients die. Oscar died. If he hadn't been killed Franco probably would have died. Watching her is like watching the Grim Reaper.

by Anonymousreply 245June 14, 2021 6:25 PM

Do we know who Cameron Mathison will be yet? Any details?

by Anonymousreply 246June 14, 2021 7:36 PM

So that's it, Cyrus is gone?

TPTP are rather curt when they are done with a character. Shiloh got a rushed and clearly unplanned and poorly written heave ho and now same with Cyrus.

I'm surprised that elevator they put Drew on had a floor, they probably wanted to have him plummet down an empty elevator shaft L.A. Law style but didn't have the time or budget to do it.

by Anonymousreply 247June 14, 2021 8:30 PM

Is Alexis getting big chocolate stick in prison?

by Anonymousreply 248June 14, 2021 9:26 PM

Without her osteoporosis medication, that's a recipe for breaking a hip on a cheap prison cot

by Anonymousreply 249June 14, 2021 9:54 PM

Apparently, this thread is now locked. So I guess we are in the other thread now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250June 15, 2021 12:44 AM

So... Maxie, Elizabeth, and Carly have at least three kids with three different men in the same small town. CLASSY

by Anonymousreply 251June 15, 2021 1:29 PM

R251 Technically, Port Charles isn’t a small town but more of a mid size city. It has two hospitals, multi national conglomerates, and the mafia.

by Anonymousreply 252June 15, 2021 2:42 PM

Add Alexis to the 3 baby daddy club.

by Anonymousreply 253June 15, 2021 10:03 PM

"My Goodness, Liz. Three children and all with different fathers. Why, you're ripe for welfare!"

by Anonymousreply 254June 15, 2021 10:41 PM

Holy shit. I forgot about Alexis. Damn.

Does GH hold the record for women with the most baby daddies?

by Anonymousreply 255June 16, 2021 12:38 PM

Let's not forget the men, Sonny has kids by at least three different women, and I think the late Alan Quartmaine is about to join him in that department.

by Anonymousreply 256June 16, 2021 5:13 PM

Scott Baldwin too. Four kids with four different women:

Serena with Dominique Taub

Logan with unknown Texas woman

Franco with Heather Webber

Karen with Rhonda Wexler

He's second only to Monica in regards to burying dead children. Only Serena still loves off-camera.

by Anonymousreply 257June 16, 2021 10:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!