Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The GOLDEN GLOBES are DEAD TO ME!

2022 Ceremony Cancelled by NBC!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178October 15, 2021 11:11 PM

Collapse, collapse!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 10, 2021 6:54 PM

It will just move to a different network

by Anonymousreply 2May 10, 2021 6:55 PM

Will anyone notice?

by Anonymousreply 3May 10, 2021 6:55 PM

R2: yeah, Fox.

by Anonymousreply 4May 10, 2021 6:56 PM

Well, at the end the foreign press doesn't lose anything, are the actors and the studios that want to promote their films the ones who lose. Not that the award season is important anymore

by Anonymousreply 5May 10, 2021 6:57 PM

What have they done that’s pissed everyone off? Frankly, after this last Oscar mess, I’m over award shows. Well, except the AVNs.

by Anonymousreply 6May 10, 2021 6:57 PM

Pia Zadora has refused to return her Golden Globe award, saying, "They'll have to pry it from my cold, dead hands!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 10, 2021 6:59 PM

Wokeness is destroying our culture. The golden globes were a fun awards show where celebs got drunk, lesser known actors and shows won awards, and it kicked off awards season. Now it’s canceled because of twitter users got their knickers in a twist because the nominations weren’t 80% black people?

We are a society without any joy. Our cheerfulness is gone. Now everything is viewed thru the eyes of being a victim and of things not being “fair”, even a stupid award show the only middle class women and gay men cared about.

So depressing.

by Anonymousreply 8May 10, 2021 7:01 PM

PATHETIC.

by Anonymousreply 9May 10, 2021 7:02 PM

The Hollywood Foreign Press Association is European-based. Of course they're going to be mostly white. WTF is this fuckery?

by Anonymousreply 10May 10, 2021 7:03 PM

The Tom Cruise part confuses me.

by Anonymousreply 11May 10, 2021 7:03 PM

R10, That is what I thought! How is going to happen to appease the people that can't be appeased?

by Anonymousreply 12May 10, 2021 7:04 PM

And we’ll still have idiots on here defending SJW numbskulls.

by Anonymousreply 13May 10, 2021 7:09 PM

Hollywood celebrities HATE the Golden Globes and this was as good a chance as any to get rid of them. No one in Hollywood gives a shit about minority representation, they just hate having to suck up to these Eurotrash bottom-feeders.

by Anonymousreply 14May 10, 2021 7:10 PM

Such Bullshit

by Anonymousreply 15May 10, 2021 7:10 PM

I thought the celebrities loved it because they all get hammered.

by Anonymousreply 16May 10, 2021 7:11 PM

I cannot support the rash cancellation of awards. I just can't.

by Anonymousreply 17May 10, 2021 7:11 PM

Blacks will still complain. They won’t be happy until these award shows require at least 75% of the nominees be black.

by Anonymousreply 18May 10, 2021 7:12 PM

We can get hammered at home like everyone else!

by Anonymousreply 19May 10, 2021 7:12 PM

As soon as Ricky called them out on their bullshit a couple of years ago, including the real powers such as the head of Apple, the Golden Globes were as good as done. They don't want to be told the truth and Ricky's opening monologue was far to popular for them to be comfortable with.

by Anonymousreply 20May 10, 2021 7:13 PM

What the fuck is Tom Thumb chirping in for? He hasn't won there for over 20 years!

by Anonymousreply 21May 10, 2021 7:15 PM

R14, the Oscars, Emmys, and Grammys will be next. They’ve already started on them. Hollywood needs to get some balls.

Why do these far-left idiots make such a big deal out of the entertainment industry? They think they’re going to save the world through it.

by Anonymousreply 22May 10, 2021 7:15 PM

R22, idiot drama from dramatic idiots.

by Anonymousreply 23May 10, 2021 7:16 PM

The Golden Globes contributed to the award show industrial complex which everyone in Hollywood hates, and award show fatigue which is a very real threat to the only award anyone in Hollywood cares about, the Oscar. Believe me this is being done to save the Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 24May 10, 2021 7:16 PM

[quote]Tom Cruise Returns His Three Golden Globe Trophies

Are they no longer needed to weigh down Shelly Miscavige’s body?

by Anonymousreply 25May 10, 2021 7:16 PM

They care because they are all about appearances and attention, they don't understand why they aren't getting all the awards for being "unique" and screaming into the void of twitter while people who work hard are receiving the awards.

by Anonymousreply 26May 10, 2021 7:18 PM

R24 is gullible. They’re already destroying the Oscars. If you think they’re going to stop with the Golden Globes, you’re a moron. Miss Jada isn’t going to keep her dyke trap shut.

by Anonymousreply 27May 10, 2021 7:18 PM

I clutched my pearls and GASPED!

by Anonymousreply 28May 10, 2021 7:18 PM

No one watched anyway so I’m not sure nbc really cares. CBS will pick it up. I just have to laugh at what these woke freaks think they’re accomplishing with this. Congrats, you got a show no one watched or cared about canceled because you’re mad that EUROPEAN journalists are all white. Yeah, you really solved racism. Black Lives Matter!

by Anonymousreply 29May 10, 2021 7:18 PM

So I guess countries like Denmark, Norway and Spain must have at least 50% black journalists, and then the Golden Globes can come back? This is so confusing.

by Anonymousreply 30May 10, 2021 7:19 PM

Has Susan Day commented?

Or Rose McGowan?

by Anonymousreply 31May 10, 2021 7:20 PM

[quote]Hollywood celebrities HATE the Golden Globes and this was as good a chance as any to get rid of them.

A chance to receive an award and all the publicity that generates on a show that is broadcast to a billion people? Yeah, Hollywood celebrities just HATE that kind of shit!

by Anonymousreply 32May 10, 2021 7:21 PM

Make that Golden Globe award winner Susan Dey...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33May 10, 2021 7:22 PM

LOL at all the butthurt Gold Debry posters raising their angry little fists at Black Lives Matter.

If you like award shows you should be happy they are canceling the fraudulent, corrupt Golden Globes!

by Anonymousreply 34May 10, 2021 7:22 PM

Well who cares about the golden globes anyway, they had zero credibility and seem tacky.

by Anonymousreply 35May 10, 2021 7:23 PM

George Floyd died for this!

by Anonymousreply 36May 10, 2021 7:23 PM

[quote]Why do these far-left idiots make such a big deal out of the entertainment industry? They think they’re going to save the world through it.

They are obsessed with the minutiae of popular culture. They live, eat, breathe and shit it.

by Anonymousreply 37May 10, 2021 7:23 PM

[quote]A chance to receive an award and all the publicity that generates on a show that is broadcast to a billion people?

LOL someone here think a billion people watch these things like it's 1993 or something.

by Anonymousreply 38May 10, 2021 7:24 PM

Even in 1993 not that many people gave a shit, the actors receiving them certainly didn't.

by Anonymousreply 39May 10, 2021 7:25 PM

Online views r38.

by Anonymousreply 40May 10, 2021 7:25 PM

This is because no one besides an ever declining group of eldergays has any interest in these awards. Even the house fraus tuned out long ago. Wokeness is a convenient excuse to bow out.

by Anonymousreply 41May 10, 2021 7:27 PM

I’ve always disliked those who are not members of an organisation declaring themselves to be “stakeholders” and demanding the organisation change whether the actual members want it to or not.

by Anonymousreply 42May 10, 2021 7:28 PM

First they came for the Golden Globes, but I did not care because I am not a Golden Globe winner.

by Anonymousreply 43May 10, 2021 7:29 PM

I always thought the GG were lame, but don’t the celebrities like them for the booze and the opportunity to see their friends/past coworkers they rarely get to see? I heard the ceremonies were like a big party.

Unlike the Blockbuster Awards - remember those?

THAT felt like their arms were being twisted to attend or they’d be labeled stuck up/difficult by “the masses”.

I remember more than a few acceptance speeches where the ‘be kind, rewind’ slogan was passive-aggressively dropped.

by Anonymousreply 44May 10, 2021 7:29 PM

One less opportunity for celebretards like Patrica Arquette to lecture us with her moral superiority. Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 45May 10, 2021 7:35 PM

In the good old days there was just The Oscars and the winner would be a surprise. Now everyone knows the winners by Oscar day.

by Anonymousreply 46May 10, 2021 7:42 PM

There should be an award show where the Black American Press gives out trophies. Call the award show The Baps.

by Anonymousreply 47May 10, 2021 7:48 PM

The blacks are cancelling the awards because far to many Asians are winning. They're still pissed that the Asians wouldn't let them loot their stores during the Los Angeles riots.

by Anonymousreply 48May 10, 2021 7:51 PM

It’s just the awards show, R16. Stars and studios have to suck up to them all year round with special press conferences for people who never publish anything.

They had a good run.

by Anonymousreply 49May 10, 2021 7:52 PM

Tom Cruise giving back his Golden Globes is the funniest thing I've heard in weeks, this is bringing me more entertainment than anything I ever saw during the ceremonies themselves.

by Anonymousreply 50May 10, 2021 7:52 PM

[quote]It will just move to a different network

Perhaps, but it still may not do them much good if the stars decided to boycott it. And though nothing about a boycott has been mentioned thus far, looking at the Tom Cruise aspect of this story, I'm just thinking if the HFPA has not cleared up its issues to the satisfaction of the SJWs by then, the stars (and more importantly, their PR people) may feel it best to avoid the whole thing.

[quote]In the good old days there was just The Oscars and the winner would be a surprise. Now everyone knows the winners by Oscar day.

Yeah, I can't imagine if the GG's ever went away permanently that the Academy would be shedding any tears about it (and would be wishing some of the other pre-Oscar award shows would follow suit).

by Anonymousreply 51May 10, 2021 7:53 PM

^^Its NOT just the awards show…

by Anonymousreply 52May 10, 2021 7:53 PM

Or The Beas, the Black Excellence Awards.

by Anonymousreply 53May 10, 2021 7:53 PM

[quote]Tom Cruise giving back his Golden Globes is the funniest thing I've heard in weeks

I found it shocking only because Tom Cruise has never, to my knowledge, said or done anything remotely political in his life, which giving back these awards could be construed to be. (For what it's worth, I recall someone posted on here years ago that he is a Democrat.)

by Anonymousreply 54May 10, 2021 7:55 PM

Attacking the HFPA is low hanging fruit. But would these actors attack the studios or agencies for not being properly representative? No they shut up, because they want to work. Hollywood did not expose Harvey Weinstein, it was Ronan Farrow and the NY Times. They kissed Harvey’s ass and penis if it meant a role.

by Anonymousreply 55May 10, 2021 8:01 PM

[quote] The Hollywood Foreign Press Association is European-based. Of course they're going to be mostly white. WTF is this fuckery?

So I am confused. Do the NAACP Image Awards have to be diversified to include an accurate reflection of the population?

by Anonymousreply 56May 10, 2021 8:01 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 57May 10, 2021 8:03 PM

[quote]Tom Cruise giving back his Golden Globes is the funniest thing I've heard in weeks, this is bringing me more entertainment than anything I ever saw during the ceremonies themselves.

I think somebody wanted a little extra publicity.

by Anonymousreply 58May 10, 2021 8:07 PM

Who initially made this complaint against the HFPA? Because I have not heard of any black journalists making an issue of this before.

by Anonymousreply 59May 10, 2021 8:15 PM

They were the ones who awarded all 4 main acting categories to non-white actors?

by Anonymousreply 60May 10, 2021 8:16 PM

R8: Woke people better not cancel gay sex, because then, I will go off on them.

by Anonymousreply 61May 10, 2021 8:17 PM

R56 just like Miss America is now open to black women but for some reason they are allowed to keep the separate Miss Black America. Black activists want to be included and over represented in “white” institutions while maintaining exclusive racially separate institutions, basically have their cake and eat it too.

by Anonymousreply 62May 10, 2021 8:18 PM

It started with the LA Times piece about the lawsuit against the HFPA, R59, then Time's Up protested their all-white membership.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63May 10, 2021 8:18 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 64May 10, 2021 8:21 PM

If the Golden Globe Awards come back in 2022 with Ricky and Chris Rock co-hosting I'll watch. Anyone else, I'll pass.

by Anonymousreply 65May 10, 2021 8:23 PM

[quote]The Golden Globes contributed to the award show industrial complex which everyone in Hollywood hates, and award show fatigue which is a very real threat to the only award anyone in Hollywood cares about, the Oscar. Believe me this is being done to save the Oscars.

Agreed; by the times Oscar rolls around, everyone is sick to death of awards shows; if there is any upside to COVID, it's the pruning of these insipid events.

by Anonymousreply 66May 10, 2021 8:28 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 67May 10, 2021 8:31 PM

[quote]Tom Cruise giving back his Golden Globes is the funniest thing I've heard in weeks

He has a habit of giving a lot of things back.....

by Anonymousreply 68May 10, 2021 8:33 PM

How many of these do I have? 8? 9? 10?

I guess I'll just give them out to trick-or-treaters this year.

by Anonymousreply 69May 10, 2021 8:36 PM

R69 you have 8, M. That pissy bitch Winslet stole your globe for Doubt.

by Anonymousreply 70May 10, 2021 8:46 PM

M has 9 if she included that Cecil B DeMille where she shat on Dump Trump

by Anonymousreply 71May 10, 2021 8:47 PM

Tom Cruise really is the idiot everyone says he is. I guess Scientology is now on the woke bandwagon. Kind of funny.

by Anonymousreply 72May 10, 2021 8:54 PM

This probably has not so much to do with "diversity". There has been a growing concern among Hollywood about this award show. They finally found a good excuse.

Even if the show moves elsewhere, the stars won't show up and knowing how much HFPA likes their stars this show is done.

by Anonymousreply 73May 10, 2021 9:11 PM

[quote] I guess Scientology is now on the woke bandwagon.

Hmm, what are they going to do about L. Ron Hubbard's known racism and homophobia? Also, since they are anti-psychology how can they support the T movement?

by Anonymousreply 74May 10, 2021 9:21 PM

Let's redistribute Tom's Globes to more deserving, gracious winners:

1989, for that bloated Fourth Of July: Daniel Day Lewis for My Left Foot

1996, for Jerry McGuire: Nathan Lane for The Birdcage

2000, for Magnolia: Michael Clarke Duncan for The Green Mile

by Anonymousreply 75May 10, 2021 9:27 PM

Surely most of these celebs know exactly how white the HFPA is, they spend enough time kissing their asses

by Anonymousreply 76May 10, 2021 9:29 PM

This white moved to another state and tried to join the NAACP there, and after five contacts with two local offices and the national office, I finally gave up.

The point? Let's try, "Diversity cuts all ways and a lack of it simply highlights the overlap between bias and observation of reality."

by Anonymousreply 77May 10, 2021 9:48 PM

We will notice, R3.

Here at DL, we take our annual communal snark threads seriously.

by Anonymousreply 78May 10, 2021 10:29 PM

Gammy, Willow and I will hand out the awards during our Red Table talks.

by Anonymousreply 79May 10, 2021 10:31 PM

I AM NOT returning my awards!

by Anonymousreply 80May 10, 2021 10:33 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81May 10, 2021 10:38 PM

The Black Reel Awards isn't very diverse. And neither are the the Black Film Critics Circle or the African-American Film Critics Association.

by Anonymousreply 82May 10, 2021 10:39 PM

[quote]Has Susan Day commented? Or Rose McGowan?

Rose was raped by every member of the Hollywood Foreign Press.

by Anonymousreply 83May 10, 2021 10:54 PM

Is Madonna going to give hers back?

by Anonymousreply 84May 10, 2021 10:57 PM

The Republicans are loving this, the more the left destroys itself the stronger the right gets. Trump 2024 is looking more likely by the day, so well done Twitter and woke Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 85May 10, 2021 11:00 PM

The old gays here are so miserable. They refuse to accept reality. Nobody cares about awards show anymore except white gays stuck in the 90s.

Grow up losers!

by Anonymousreply 86May 10, 2021 11:05 PM

R85= hysterical Mary!

Yeah! Liberals are gonna lose the 2022 elections cause of an awards show being cancelled. Go back to watching the Kardashians!

Meanwhile, the republicans party is actually fighting over serious stuff like Trump vs Cheney which will actually cause division amongst republicans if handled well by the democrats.

by Anonymousreply 87May 10, 2021 11:06 PM

What is all this about?

by Anonymousreply 88May 10, 2021 11:10 PM

R86, You’re 36 honey.

You are an old gay.

by Anonymousreply 89May 10, 2021 11:12 PM

R89, yeah that’s my point. I’m not holding on to my past. The world is changing. Every generation goes through this that’s why it’s pathetic to see so many gay men not getting it, and thinking the world will always be the same as it was when they were in their 20s.

Look at the Rupaul show. It’s all old gays complaining about how drag has changed. It has. I prefer old school drag too but you don’t see me continuing to watch a show I don’t like only so I can complain about the fashion queens and “woke” storylines.

by Anonymousreply 90May 10, 2021 11:19 PM

There was this program on a now defunct cable network called the Globes-Hollywood’s Dirty Little Secret. It was an hour long examination of how the HFPA operate, and the industry just happily plays along. It’s really interesting that the diversity issue has everyone examining the ethics of the members now too. For decades, they basically bribed the members to curry favor for the ultimate goal which were Oscars and Emmys, and now they’re saying NO you can’t operate that way. Be interesting to see how all this unfolds.

by Anonymousreply 91May 10, 2021 11:22 PM

Ricky Gervais called the Hollywood elite out on their shit many times.

“If Isis started a streaming service, you’d call your agent”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92May 10, 2021 11:29 PM

Thinking Trump vs. Cheney will cause serious disruption for Republicans is even more delusional than taking the GG seriously.

by Anonymousreply 93May 10, 2021 11:33 PM

Damn! I just ordered a custom made snack purse for the occasion.

I hope it’s not too late to cancel!

by Anonymousreply 94May 10, 2021 11:39 PM

This seems like a rash decision for NBC to drop it. Or was it because ratings were so low this year that it is a revenue loss for them for next year?

It just seems a bit over the top all of a sudden.

by Anonymousreply 95May 10, 2021 11:42 PM

I imagine a decision will be made in a month or two that the GGs have done enough to fix their issues, NBC will bring it back and it will have big ratings because of all this drama. They couldn't have planned it better.

by Anonymousreply 96May 10, 2021 11:50 PM

Let's see how brave Tom Cruise is should Hollywood start renouncing "the closet", bearding and sham marriages.

And who are these idiots who ever thought the Globes was a legitimate organization to begin with? They were bottom feeders of the industry who decided to put together an awards show to try and gain some influence in the industry. They weren't even shown on network television until the late 90's when all of a sudden it became an event. Prior to that, they were dumped on Saturday nights on TNT where a majority of the nominees didn't even show up. You win when the check clears.

People pick the dumbest shit to get upset about.

by Anonymousreply 97May 10, 2021 11:57 PM

Maybe poor Tom got the Emmys and Golden Globes mixed up and handed back his awards because he's still pissed at this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98May 11, 2021 12:00 AM

I think there has to be another reason they dropped it. This seems like some sort of excuse.

White Hollywood stars are shooting themselves in the foot. Eventually, they won’t be offered roles because of quotas.

by Anonymousreply 99May 11, 2021 12:12 AM

R97 NBC aired the show from 1965-68, 1978, and annually since 1996. The show aired on CBS in 1981 and 82. It aired nationally on Metromedia stations from 1973-77, in national syndication 1983-88, and on TBS(not TNT) from 1989-95.

by Anonymousreply 100May 11, 2021 12:27 AM

HFPA Responds to NBC Dropping 2022 Golden Globes:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101May 11, 2021 12:29 AM

PR Firms “Applaud” NBC Dropping 2022 Golden Globes:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102May 11, 2021 12:30 AM

Let TBS cancel the SAG awards next. And of course ABC can drop the Oscars. Then the Hollywood stars can cancel their PR people and then themselves. We all win.

by Anonymousreply 103May 11, 2021 12:41 AM

[quote]Look at the Rupaul show. It’s all old gays complaining about how drag has changed. It has. I prefer old school drag too but you don’t see me continuing to watch a show I don’t like only so I can complain about the fashion queens and “woke” storylines.

Only old gays care about drag, period. So you also haven't moved with the times.

by Anonymousreply 104May 11, 2021 12:48 AM

The Europeans are just as racist as Americans. They're just more discrete about it

by Anonymousreply 105May 11, 2021 1:54 AM

NBC- the network who allowed Donald Trump an hour to himself during prime time for a one person debate, but won't air the Golden Globes because racism.

by Anonymousreply 106May 11, 2021 3:01 AM

I sent my Globes to Glenn and Amy. I have so many and they were just in a box.

by Anonymousreply 107May 11, 2021 3:05 AM

That fat Arab dude whose name starts with Y is ranting against evil Tom Cruise on Twitter

by Anonymousreply 108May 11, 2021 3:26 AM

Is Mark Ruffalo happy now?

by Anonymousreply 109May 11, 2021 3:35 AM

[quote]White Hollywood stars are shooting themselves in the foot. Eventually, they won’t be offered roles because of quotas.

Calm down Adolf

by Anonymousreply 110May 11, 2021 3:36 AM

Watch a streaming service pick it up once it’s deemed the HFPA have done their penitence.

by Anonymousreply 111May 11, 2021 3:39 AM

M dear at r107 I have three Globes and Amy has two. Please do some research before you post.

by Anonymousreply 112May 11, 2021 3:39 AM

Meryl didn't show up for her French Lieutenants and Sophie's Choice win. Even Jess who needed some publicity for Frances didn't bother to go to get her Tootsie consolation prize.

by Anonymousreply 113May 11, 2021 3:41 AM

That M/G shit has never been funny. Not even once.

by Anonymousreply 114May 11, 2021 3:42 AM

this is strange, is there any binding agreement with NBC? Or I would assume they could simply choose another network, I am sure CBS/ABC/FOX is more than happy to air it

by Anonymousreply 115May 11, 2021 3:49 AM

You post that every time r114. Get used to it. It's not going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 116May 11, 2021 3:57 AM

R8 Awards shows are not culture, or at least *shouldn’t* be. The sky is not falling. Nobody wants to see a bunch of rich twats prance around and say vapid things anymore. So what? It’s the proof of progress. Might as well be sobbing over the Lindy Hop or hoop skirts or bear baiting or any number of mindless trends from the past that have since gone out of favor.

by Anonymousreply 117May 11, 2021 4:06 AM

r116 hopefully dementia will take out the M/G Troll soon enough. Painfully unfunny shit.

by Anonymousreply 118May 11, 2021 4:15 AM

r117 is a scold who can suck the joy out of anything.

by Anonymousreply 119May 11, 2021 4:15 AM

RIt has almost nothing to do with award shows of any kind, and more of a demise to individual imagination. I won't argue that Hollywood or in many ways traditional publishing haven't outworn their welcome in many ways and for many reasons, but this really is a strange turning point.

by Anonymousreply 120May 11, 2021 4:18 AM

r118 it is many people not just one

by Anonymousreply 121May 11, 2021 4:18 AM

R119 If the constant pearl clutching over “wokeness” sparks your personal joy, Kondo,

by Anonymousreply 122May 11, 2021 4:20 AM

Critic's Choice should be next. Yes one or two black people.........but not many. (and they have a ton more members and the qualifications are less specific than the Globes which have to be a foreign person living in LA.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123May 11, 2021 4:23 AM

How the hell did Pia Zadora win the Best New Artist award over Kathleen Fucking Turner? What were they thinking?

by Anonymousreply 124May 11, 2021 4:26 AM

I love the Golden girls too!

by Anonymousreply 125May 11, 2021 4:27 AM

Her husband owned a lavish hotel in Las Vegas. He flew all the members of the voting body there for a luxurious weekend. So they voted for her.

I've seen a tape of that ceremony. When Timothy Hutton calls her name people are just talking and looking around shocked as she gives her speech. She just keeps plugging away at it despite the murmurs from the crowd.

She also beat Elizabeth McGovern, Rachel Ward (who was a big deal for a moment too) and Howard E. Rollins Jr.

That ended the Globes run on network TV for about 15 years.

by Anonymousreply 126May 11, 2021 4:33 AM

Wokeness has finished the mission that Pia Zadora began!

by Anonymousreply 127May 11, 2021 4:34 AM

But 3 of the 4 movie awards went to black people?!? What more do you want?

by Anonymousreply 128May 11, 2021 4:38 AM

[quote]She also beat Elizabeth McGovern, Rachel Ward (who was a big deal for a moment too) and Howard E. Rollins Jr.

They nominated Rachel Ward for Weird Science? As if Pia wasn't bad enough. No wonder the Golden Globes have no credibility.

by Anonymousreply 129May 11, 2021 4:38 AM

Rachel Ward was not in Weird Science. That was Kelly Lebrock.

by Anonymousreply 130May 11, 2021 4:40 AM

Ward was nominated for Sharkey's Machine a Burt Reynolds movie that she got really good reviews for plus I forgot there was a sixth nominee Craig Wasson for Four Friends (which is an interesting film if you can find it.)

by Anonymousreply 131May 11, 2021 4:47 AM

The word thing about Zadora was she was somewhat known for a TV commercial Dubonai I think it was called It was some liquor her husband owned. She'd be introduced in the commercial as Pia Zadora for Dubonai as if she was known. Which only made it odder when the Dubonai lady suddenly was winning an award for a movie with Orson Wells and Stacey Keach that no one had heard of.

by Anonymousreply 132May 11, 2021 4:49 AM

After Glenn Close did da butt dance ... all awards shows are over.

by Anonymousreply 133May 11, 2021 4:51 AM

When Frances McDormand said soon we will all be sitting shoulder to shoulder watching these movies on the biggest screen possible. I wanted to say give it another year or two. Especially in the winter when variants emerge.

Anyway my house is nicer than most theaters. Stream it.

by Anonymousreply 134May 11, 2021 4:56 AM

Pia Zadora was a buttass ugly midget. Unbelievable how far she went.

by Anonymousreply 135May 11, 2021 4:57 AM

Her duet/long form video with Jermaine Jackson is strangely fascinating to see. (she actually could sing.) I think she was Bernadette Peter's understudy in an early show of Peters'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136May 11, 2021 5:04 AM

Zadora had some legit credits

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137May 11, 2021 5:07 AM

Will Chris Colfer follow in Tom Cruise's footsteps and send back his Golden Globe?

by Anonymousreply 138May 11, 2021 5:07 AM

Looks like she was replaced Bernadette Peters in Dames at Sea which I think was Peter's breakthrough show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139May 11, 2021 5:08 AM

Zadora was rewarded a golden globe for her body of work which at up to that point had included a turn in Anne Frank.

by Anonymousreply 140May 11, 2021 5:10 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 141May 11, 2021 5:13 AM

r140 is doing an old Joan Rivers joke. I saw Pia Zadora in The Diary of Anne Frank. People kept yelling SHE'S IN THE ATTTIC.

by Anonymousreply 142May 11, 2021 5:14 AM

I don't think traditional media has realized the burial they've dug for themselves. It's not a joke, it's what's coming.

by Anonymousreply 143May 11, 2021 5:28 AM

R129 Rachel Ward wasn't in Weird Sciene. You are thinking of Kelly LeBrock who would go to to marry Steven Segal.

by Anonymousreply 144May 11, 2021 5:32 AM

^^meant to say digging your own grave.

by Anonymousreply 145May 11, 2021 5:32 AM

Now NBC will donate all monies it made off the Cosby Show to rape victim charities, right ? Actors will give back any awards won for and donate any monies earned from Weinstein or Rudin productions, right ?

by Anonymousreply 146May 11, 2021 2:00 PM

Blacks and Trans represent a very small percentage of the population - yet demand a majority of the attention.

by Anonymousreply 147May 11, 2021 2:13 PM

R147, mediocre white man who failed at life despite all his privileges and now realizes that actually equality will make him even more pathetic.

Imagine being a white men who couldn’t succeed under Trumps America? Well, it’s much harder for their mediocre asses to succeed when things aren’t in their favor.

This is why meritocracy white men are constantly having meltdowns over less than one percent of the population. They know their days are numbered.

by Anonymousreply 148May 11, 2021 2:50 PM

Name one Trans who the general public is enamored with and can't wait to see in any number of projects.

by Anonymousreply 149May 11, 2021 2:52 PM

Elliot Page? (Maybe not so out of morbid curiosity as to how the writers will adapt Season 3 of Umbrella Academy to him...)

by Anonymousreply 150May 11, 2021 4:02 PM

Don't hate her because she's beautiful, r144.

by Anonymousreply 151May 11, 2021 4:04 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 152May 11, 2021 4:54 PM

R149, I can’t name a single person myself!!! So why are you so pathetically insecure about a tiny minority with no power besides dumb celebrities tweeting out fake support?

Because it’s the only way to stop thinking about your own miserable life. To punch down.

by Anonymousreply 153May 11, 2021 6:15 PM

WRONG R142 it was Phyllis Hammerow, Miami’s answer to Meryl Streep.

by Anonymousreply 154May 11, 2021 6:17 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 155May 11, 2021 6:20 PM

The Golden Globe winners are usually more diverse than the Oscars or Baftas, in spite of the homogeneous make-up of their voters.

by Anonymousreply 156May 11, 2021 6:25 PM

Does Tom think he can exchange 3 Golden Globes for an Oscar?

by Anonymousreply 157May 11, 2021 6:26 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 158May 11, 2021 6:27 PM

They are cancelling it before the ratings go any lower, that's the real reason.

by Anonymousreply 159May 11, 2021 6:31 PM

Tom Cruise will never have an Oscar. As someone pointed out, it's weird he's chiming in

by Anonymousreply 160May 11, 2021 6:49 PM

He's getting lots of publicity. This is the biggest story in entertainment and he's being mentioned right along with it. Of course he's chiming in.

by Anonymousreply 161May 11, 2021 7:15 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 162May 11, 2021 7:16 PM

Zadora actually got some good reviews for her voice. In a perfect world, she might’ve gone somewhere with it. But I think the overwhelming flack she got for the globe she didn’t earn really squashed her career.

by Anonymousreply 163May 11, 2021 8:30 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 164May 11, 2021 10:04 PM

Are the Golden Globes Done For?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165May 12, 2021 5:02 PM

stinky link at r165

by Anonymousreply 166May 12, 2021 9:23 PM

So why were Tina and Amy hosting it if this bad reputation was so well known?

by Anonymousreply 167May 12, 2021 9:24 PM

Money and exposure, R167

by Anonymousreply 168May 12, 2021 9:26 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 169May 12, 2021 9:47 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 170May 12, 2021 9:48 PM

[quote]Zadora actually got some good reviews for her voice. In a perfect world, she might’ve gone somewhere with it. But I think the overwhelming flack she got for the globe she didn’t earn really squashed her career.

I’m drunk and thought this was about Zendaya. I got to the last line, and was like “WTF? That bitch has a Globe??”

by Anonymousreply 171May 12, 2021 10:31 PM

R149 Son, I can’t name a single boring white bread traditional celebrity I’m enamored with enough to want to see in a single project. And that is how the rest of the American public feels too . Yes, Hollywood is scraping at the barrel trying to find new exciting niches to fill. Yes, maybe they’re scrambling for the attentions of the 1% because the 1% is all that’s left to give them attention. If Hollywood isn’t dead it’s at least moving to China. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 172May 13, 2021 11:42 PM

HFPA Will Attempt to Hold Golden Globes in 2022 Without NBC and Despite Ongoing Boycott:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173October 15, 2021 9:22 PM

[quote]So it remains to be seen what the Golden Globes would look like without a broadcasting partner and participating talent — perhaps a press release?

[quote]Moreover, film and TV content from 2021 has not been widely made available to HFPA members this year, and certainly not to the recently announced members.

[…]

[quote]It certainly has antagonized the Critics Choice Association, which had announced that its Critics Choice Awards, which are broadcast by The CW and attract considerable talent from film and TV, would take place on Jan. 9, the same date on which the HFPA now intends to announce its winners. “The three Critics Choice Awards immediately prior to the pandemic took place on the second Sunday in January,” CCA CEO Joey Berlin tells The Hollywood Reporter. “[bold]This seems like a hostile move by the HFPA, given that we had already announced that the Critics Choice Awards will take place on that date, and given that the HFPA had at no time laid claim to Jan. 9, 2022, even before its current problems.”[/bold]

I'm not a fan of awards shows but this petty, scheduling their ceremony on the same night as another awards ceremony is sinking to a low I didn't know existed. They need to let it go already, one less award show isn't a bad thing.

by Anonymousreply 174October 15, 2021 9:37 PM

What's the point of giving out GGs if there's no televised awards ceremony? Nobody is going to show up for that.

by Anonymousreply 175October 15, 2021 9:39 PM

Oscar voters won't know who to nominate without the GGs. They just copy whatever the GGs nominate.

by Anonymousreply 176October 15, 2021 10:56 PM

I only watched the years Ricky Gervais hosted. I loved his Fuck You All delivery.

by Anonymousreply 177October 15, 2021 11:07 PM

[quote] In the good old days there was just The Oscars and the winner would be a surprise. Now everyone knows the winners by Oscar day.

Tell me about it!

by Anonymousreply 178October 15, 2021 11:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!