Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Good looking actors who never became stars

There's a million reasons why some people who have it all to be successful, don't seem to make it big (luck plays a huge factor), but there's no reason to not remember some of these hunky men.

Let's also add some gossip about their lives, to make things more interesting... šŸ˜‰

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517October 31, 2021 8:16 PM

Thanks for posting your headshot, OP. You are indeed cute, but most leading men have more rugged or chiseled looks. Anthony Edwards must have taken all your parts back when you guys were young.

My favorite hottie who should have been bigger is Steve Sandvoss from that Mormon homosexual film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 8, 2021 3:55 PM

Brian Patrick Murphy from Dallas.

by Anonymousreply 2May 8, 2021 3:55 PM

Iā€™m not a troll or anything but isnā€™t this like the 600th thread about actors never becoming so and so? What is the obsession with this topic?

by Anonymousreply 3May 8, 2021 3:58 PM

If that's Patrick Wilson in OP's photo, he's a pretty big deal, you know.

by Anonymousreply 4May 8, 2021 3:59 PM

Read the caption at OP's pic, R4.

by Anonymousreply 5May 8, 2021 4:06 PM

You have to have much more than just beauty to be a star in anywhere but the soaps.

Many Dataloungers never understand the idea of charisma when it comes to talking movie stars.

by Anonymousreply 6May 8, 2021 4:09 PM

It's not Patrick Wilson, R4 - that's an actor named Sean O'Bryan. The headshot is from the 90s / early 00s, R1. If you want to know how he looks now, see the link below... Sadly for me, I do not look like him at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 8, 2021 4:11 PM

R6: DiCaprio canā€™t act, has no charisma, and is fat but heā€™s still considered the gold standard?

by Anonymousreply 8May 8, 2021 4:11 PM

Back in the day, I thought Sean O'Bryan was so hot. He typically played the slightly innocent regular guy next door- often without a shirt.

He's aged well too.

by Anonymousreply 9May 8, 2021 4:25 PM

Ramy Zada...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 8, 2021 4:53 PM

Doesnā€™t Armie own this thread?

by Anonymousreply 11May 8, 2021 4:54 PM

William McNamara. He was gorgeous and in some major stuff, but he never really had a breakout career.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 8, 2021 5:37 PM

Russell Todd was one of the most gorgeous men I've ever seen, but besides a few roles in some 80's horror movies like Chopping Mall, Friday the 13th Part 2, and He Knows You're Alone, he's not really remembered for much. Granted, he wasn't exactly DeNiro in the acting department, but I've seen people make more with less.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 8, 2021 6:14 PM

Taylor Kitsch owns this thread.

by Anonymousreply 14May 8, 2021 6:15 PM

A lot of people own this thread.

by Anonymousreply 15May 8, 2021 6:20 PM

Chase Crawford

by Anonymousreply 16May 8, 2021 6:49 PM

Jack Scalia might have worked a little too much to make this list, but he seemed like someone who they really tried to make a TV star ala Selleck circa Magnum, but never seemed to have a show that clicked and he never went on to the next level of stardom. In some ways he was a little like Robert Urich with the multiple series, but Urich had a little more success on a couple of series and I think ultimately was considered more of a star in the long run.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 8, 2021 7:25 PM

Ben Chaplin.

by Anonymousreply 18May 8, 2021 8:55 PM

[quote] Brian Patrick Murphy from Dallas.

Oh, dear.

And SCREAM!!!!

by Anonymousreply 19May 8, 2021 9:07 PM

Joseph Fiennes should be a much bigger name in the industry.

by Anonymousreply 20May 8, 2021 9:17 PM

The guy who played Samantha's young boyfriend on SATC.

by Anonymousreply 21May 8, 2021 9:28 PM

Bruce Campbell

by Anonymousreply 22May 8, 2021 9:34 PM

Byron Schlumpkiss

by Anonymousreply 23May 8, 2021 9:38 PM

Personally, I would say Julian Morris. I've never heard of him outside of DL and I think he's absolutely gorgeous but more of a jobbing actor than a star.

by Anonymousreply 24May 8, 2021 9:40 PM

I would say Travis Fimmel, but he's actually worked pretty steadily (including in that Vikings show). I just thought he'd be a huge, huge stah after the CK underwear campaign had him plastered everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 25May 8, 2021 9:43 PM

Jason Patric. He was well on his way then, poof, he just suddenly seemed to disappear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 8, 2021 9:44 PM

You're funny, R5! You expect a DL poster t read! You're lucky the asswipe didn't post the same photo.

by Anonymousreply 27May 8, 2021 9:46 PM

Sean O'Bryan used to be a regular at the Sports Connection in the mid 90s.

He'd often sunbath in his bikini underwear by the pool.

Shocked to read he got married to a woman.

by Anonymousreply 28May 8, 2021 9:49 PM

My favorites in this category: Matt Keesler, Michael Biehn, Michael ParƩ (in photo)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 8, 2021 9:49 PM

R13, bitch that's Jamie Frame.

by Anonymousreply 30May 8, 2021 9:49 PM

Good looking men are a dime a dozen

by Anonymousreply 31May 8, 2021 9:57 PM

Jack Scaliaā€™s Noo Yawk accent was too thick for him to get any major roles.

by Anonymousreply 32May 8, 2021 10:01 PM

I was always bummed Richard Joseph Paul never had a bigger career. Good looking and not a bad actor. I wonder if playing gay in his first major credit in the CBS Schoolbreak Special "What If I'm Gay?" hampered him when he was starting out.

by Anonymousreply 33May 8, 2021 10:20 PM

I think it did, R33. He was gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 34May 8, 2021 10:21 PM

Harry Hamlin

by Anonymousreply 35May 8, 2021 10:22 PM

Wentworth Miller

by Anonymousreply 36May 8, 2021 10:23 PM

I watched Quick Change the other night (new on Blu-ray) and Richard Joseph Paul was very charming in a supporting role. Should have had a bigger career or at least have been given better character actor roles.

by Anonymousreply 37May 8, 2021 10:28 PM

I dunno the actor but maybe Richard Joseph Paul should have changed his name ? RJP doesnā€™t exactly roll off your tongue like Tom Cruise

by Anonymousreply 38May 8, 2021 10:31 PM

Ben Murphy had a starring role in Alias Smith and Jones, but his TV presence afterward was minuscule. He had the good looks that could carry him far, I wonder what the reasoning was.

I admit, I took a bath with this picture taped to the tile over the faucet, and I had a whale of a good time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 8, 2021 11:05 PM

Maybe they didn't suck the right cocks.

by Anonymousreply 40May 8, 2021 11:15 PM

Loren Dean

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41May 9, 2021 12:02 AM

Hart Bochner

by Anonymousreply 42May 9, 2021 12:11 AM

Kevin Rahm. I saw him play the lead in an unsuccessful sitcom 20 years ago and thought he'd be a star, sort of like Jason Bateman. He's worked consistently but a star, no.

by Anonymousreply 43May 9, 2021 12:31 AM

Also David Haskell.

by Anonymousreply 44May 9, 2021 12:33 AM

Michael Landes, currently costarring in the hit series Cruel Summer in a dad role. I thought he was better looking than Dean Cain when he was on Lois and Clark and didnā€™t understand why they replaced him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45May 9, 2021 2:21 AM

I'd forgotten about him, R45. He was very cute.

by Anonymousreply 46May 9, 2021 2:22 AM

David Conrad when he was on ā€œRelativityā€. Was he just unambitious?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47May 9, 2021 3:00 AM

Another vote for Richard Joseph Paul. He was in a terrible surfer movie in the 80s (ā€œUnder The Boardwalkā€) that I watched on HBO over and over just for his scenes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 9, 2021 3:05 AM

Aussie actor Sam Reid. Had an number of leading roles in films in he early 2010s (Belle, '71, The Riot Club) and the ABC series the Astronaut Wives, but his career never took off and apparently he's back working in Australia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49May 9, 2021 3:31 AM

Yes, Loren Dean. Sam Page.

by Anonymousreply 50May 9, 2021 3:55 AM

Richard Tyson. He was in Kindergarten Cop and a bunch of movies he played a villain but the movie he should have been a star from was called ā€œTwo Moon Junctionā€ (late 80s cheesy sexually fueled flick) with Sherilynn Fenn. She was blonde almost Marilyn Monroe like and he was gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 51May 9, 2021 3:59 AM

Ryan Kwanten

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52May 9, 2021 4:05 AM

More Kwanten.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53May 9, 2021 4:05 AM

I thought Kwanten would be at least as big as Alexander Skarsgard, but he came up a few inches short.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54May 9, 2021 4:06 AM

Left looking up to Skarsgard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55May 9, 2021 4:07 AM

Taylor Kitsch is a fug.

by Anonymousreply 56May 9, 2021 4:35 AM

Taylor Kitsch is not fug. He's very "hairy" right now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57May 9, 2021 4:42 AM

More hairy Kitsch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58May 9, 2021 4:45 AM

everyone on the CW

by Anonymousreply 59May 9, 2021 4:48 AM

Wow Kitsch looks so old in those pics. I loved him in FNL, thought he was hot. But didnā€™t see it off the show. Same think with Skarsgaard, gorgeous in TB, candids I found him down right fug.

by Anonymousreply 60May 9, 2021 4:53 AM

[quote] Same think with Skarsgaard, gorgeous in TB

I never became a star because of my busy schedule on True Blood.

by Anonymousreply 61May 9, 2021 4:58 AM

Johnathon Schaech for me. He seems to work solidly, but never became a star. I think he is/was gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 62May 9, 2021 5:06 AM

[quote] Johnathon Schaech for me.

Is he white?

by Anonymousreply 63May 9, 2021 5:12 AM

Terrence Knox. Is he the least successful from the male cast of St. Elsewhere?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64May 9, 2021 5:14 AM

Skarsgard has good and bad angles. The pic in r54 is a bad angle. He was very sexy in Big Little Lies and it seems a lot of middle-aged women are obsessed with him now. He just joined season 3 of Succession. His career has mostly been lackluster, but he's still working all the time.

Taylor Kitsch was great in FNL, but doesn't seem to have much luck with his projects. He's not a bad actor and was great in the mini series Waco. Sadly, people don't seem to have faith in him anymore and he's only getting supporting roles and hardly ever works these days.

by Anonymousreply 65May 9, 2021 5:15 AM

Joel Higgins did a TV movie with Katherine Hepburn after Silver Spoons...and absolutely nothing noteworthy after that. He was an extremely attractive and sexy man who should have at least worked as often as Gregory Harrison. Was it being involved with a sickeningly sweet family show that damaged his acting career?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66May 9, 2021 5:25 AM

Why didn't Jeff Fahey ever hit it big?

He seemed to have it all.

by Anonymousreply 67May 9, 2021 5:27 AM

r47 He was pretty much the only reason i watched the Ghost Whisperer.

My submission to this thread is Sam Witwer of Being Human (US). He's been in several other shows and also does a lot of voice-over work as well as in a band. Although his face is kind of unique, i think he's gorgeous, especially on film more so than his pics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68May 9, 2021 5:37 AM

R2 Do you mean Timothy Patrick Murphy from Season 7 of Dallas? He died of AIDS in 1988.

by Anonymousreply 69May 9, 2021 5:38 AM

R68, I'd seen Sam Witwer but never knew his name until your post. He is indeed gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 70May 9, 2021 5:39 AM

Derek North

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71May 9, 2021 5:50 AM

Sam Witwer was one of the better parts of the US version of Being Human.

by Anonymousreply 72May 9, 2021 5:59 AM

Taye Diggs is pretty fine. He turns up on this/that show, but I really think he should have made it bigger at this point. He also looks like a genuinely happy person.

Mike Colter from Luke Cage is also pretty damn beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73May 9, 2021 6:00 AM

MacKenzie Astin. His IMDB is mostly crap. Is it because heā€™s a ginger?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74May 9, 2021 6:04 AM

Jon Bernthal is the sexiest guy in America.

Why isn't he a huge star like The Rock?

by Anonymousreply 75May 9, 2021 6:06 AM

I've always had a soft spot for this guy. it helps that his voice is smooth as silk as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76May 9, 2021 6:11 AM

Kip Purdue was gorgeous and had a few opportunities to break out, yet mostly disappeared. Even if a Ryan Gosling level career was always a stretch, thereā€™s no reason why he couldnā€™t have had the same success as an Ian Somerhalder.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77May 9, 2021 6:13 AM

I always had a crush on Paul Shenar who was in Scarface. A lover of Jeremy Brett I read, and died of AIDS in 1989. He was Polish/Slovenian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78May 9, 2021 6:16 AM

Its this another Jake Ryan thread?? I was the star!!

by Anonymousreply 79May 9, 2021 6:17 AM

Arjun Gupta: he's still young. But when i watched Seasons 1-3 of The Magicians, he really had a certain something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80May 9, 2021 6:17 AM

Grant Show

by Anonymousreply 81May 9, 2021 6:17 AM

Every beautiful man who played "the best friend" in gay films owns this thread.

One who really stood out was Frederick Weller in the 1995 Stonewall film. He was absolutely gorgeous in that film, and while still acting, if there was any justice in the world that film would have pushed him into the bigtime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82May 9, 2021 6:18 AM

[quote] Kip Purdue was gorgeous and had a few opportunities to break out, yet mostly disappeared.

It was the mole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83May 9, 2021 6:19 AM

Andrew Shue

by Anonymousreply 84May 9, 2021 6:21 AM

R45 I agree with you, Landes was & is so hot. They replaced him on Lois & Clark with Justin Whalin bc with Teri & Dean being brunettes, they felt they needed more differentiation. Michale has aged extremely well.

by Anonymousreply 85May 9, 2021 6:27 AM

I always felt like Andrew Shue was kind of feminine-looking.

Rob Estes, on the other hand, was grade A hunk. And yes, i watched (and loved) Silk Stalkings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86May 9, 2021 6:29 AM

Feminine looking men are beautiful r86

by Anonymousreply 87May 9, 2021 6:36 AM

Joel McHale. Maybe he canā€™t act? I donā€™t know, but that hasnā€™t stopped anybody else. Maybe itā€™s the button nose? But Kevin Bacon made it work.

by Anonymousreply 88May 9, 2021 6:42 AM

I'm not sure why this guy isn't a star yet. I think he's so fucking hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89May 9, 2021 6:42 AM

Nicholas Holt. He really grew into those awkward features.

by Anonymousreply 90May 9, 2021 6:47 AM

Kyle Bornheimer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91May 9, 2021 6:54 AM

We totally don't understand this, like, question.

by Anonymousreply 92May 9, 2021 6:58 AM

Hunt Block. His stupid name didnā€™t help.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93May 9, 2021 8:40 AM

Ex James Bond, George Lazenby

by Anonymousreply 94May 9, 2021 8:45 AM

Brad Johnson

by Anonymousreply 95May 9, 2021 9:12 AM

Sean Patrick Flanery

by Anonymousreply 96May 9, 2021 10:21 AM

Luke Macfarlane

by Anonymousreply 97May 9, 2021 11:14 AM

Avan Jogia

by Anonymousreply 98May 9, 2021 11:17 AM

WHET Lee Horseley?

by Anonymousreply 99May 9, 2021 12:16 PM

who IS this handsome boy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100May 9, 2021 12:32 PM

Has anyone mentioned Shawn Pyfrom who played Breeā€™s son in Desperate Housewives?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101May 9, 2021 12:37 PM

[quote]Chase Crawford

No one could spell my name.

by Anonymousreply 102May 9, 2021 12:40 PM

"They" tried hard to make me happen, but failed. Maybe I should have changed my name.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103May 9, 2021 1:22 PM

I'm gonna guess that some of these guys never broke out because they are just "too pretty" and while pretty works in a few roles in your 20s it's hard to transition out of pretty and only a few can do it successfully (see Brad Pitt) when you're not playing the teen heartthrob parts. And some of these guys are so good looking that it may overshadow some of the roles they're going out for, unless they're going out for soaps.

There is also typecasting and making a bad career move with an early project, but the biggest issue is simply they got the wrong agent and bad luck.

by Anonymousreply 104May 9, 2021 3:37 PM

Klinton Spilsbury. Has exactly ONE major acting credit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105May 9, 2021 4:26 PM

Tim Matheson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106May 9, 2021 4:46 PM

Kip Pardue, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107May 9, 2021 4:58 PM

Hart Bochner was one of the most beautiful men I'd ever seen in my life. He just oozed sex and there was a dangerous quality to him. Maybe Hollywood didn't know what to do with that.

It's also true that, if you're a really beautiful man or woman, it's hard to get cast in some of the most serious roles. It's almost as if being pretty can be a liability if you want to be taken seriously.

Maybe the Paul Rudd career trajectory is best. Show up on the scene as a beautiful young thing and then amaze everyone by having a sense of humor about yourself and find your niche in comedy. That seems to have worked well for him. If he wasn't funny, I'm not sure he'd be working much these days.

by Anonymousreply 108May 9, 2021 5:31 PM

R49 OMG I loved Sam Reid! I thought he was brilliant in Belle and the only good thing about Tennison (the Prime Suspect Prequel that was rightly cancelled after one series). There were rumours on DL that he "is family" because he was very "close" with Douglas Booth for a summer. I just googled him and apparently he's seriously Aussie actress Philippa Northeast for a couple years now.

Anyways it appears he moved back to Australia a couple years ago by choice and had no interest in making it in Hollywood. This is from an interview he gave in 2019 (it's behind a paywall, but I pasted a couple quotes):

"For a decade, I've lived out of suitcases going from one job to the next. When I turned thirty, it was like everything just caught up to me almost overnight [laughs]. It's [acting] a very superficial business and really hard to sustain meaningful relationships. I guess I was lonely. London is fantastic but I didn't know a single person outside of the business. I realized everyone who means something to me was back here [in Australia]. It's amazing being able to have dinner with my family or grab a drink with my mates from school. Emotionally, I needed to come home. "

On Hollywood:

"I did the L.A. life for a quick minute [laughs]. It's not me. Everyone is obsessed about being or making a star. So many of the parts I read for were just complete shit."

On his career after moving home:

"My agents freaked out when I told them [laughs]. They said I would never find work here. I understood what they were saying. The opportunities just don't exist on the same level. But, hey, I've worked more in the past year than I had in the last three living in London."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109May 9, 2021 5:33 PM

Paul Shenar really was sexy as hell. Jeremy Brett was one lucky bitch-he was also in a relationship with the beautiful Gary Bond, who died from an AIDS-related illness like Shenar did.

Taylor Kitschā€™s face is pleasant but so fucking bland-the type of face youā€™d forget the next day. Not distinctive at all.

by Anonymousreply 110May 9, 2021 5:50 PM

R105 - to make matters worse, in that one film he made, his voice was dubbed by another actor.

by Anonymousreply 111May 9, 2021 5:57 PM

Taylor Kitsch is kind of a special case here. He was two huge back-to-back budget films - John Carter and Battlefield - and they both bombed and were financial disasters.

That ended any hopes of being an A-list star.

I don't know if he's that great of an actor. He was one of the weaker parts of The Normal Heart ensemble.

by Anonymousreply 112May 9, 2021 6:05 PM

Adrian Ross-Magenty. First spotted him in "Another Country". Then he was the brother Schlegel in "Howard's End" and had a nude scene (cut out) which is in the extras on the "Maurice" DVD.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113May 9, 2021 6:14 PM

[quote] Adrian Ross-Magenty.

I thought he was beautiful in Howards End.

by Anonymousreply 114May 9, 2021 6:18 PM

Inspired by the Hairspray thread = Michael St. Gerard.

by Anonymousreply 115May 9, 2021 6:30 PM

I feel bad for Taylor Kitsch. He seems like a good, down to earth dude. He's also very loyal and has dated a very bland local real estate chick in his hometown Austin for more than 10 years now instead of mingling with the typical Hollywood and supermodel crowd.

by Anonymousreply 116May 9, 2021 6:30 PM

[quote] I don't know if he's that great of an actor. He was one of the weaker parts of The Normal Heart ensemble.

I think Kitsch is an ok actor. I thought his portrayal of David Karesh in Waco was good. I do agree he was one of the weaker parts of The Normal Heart. But, I thought he was heart breaking in the scenes leading up to Albert's death and the aftermath where he and Albert's mother had to Albert cremated because the hospital didn't want to help. I almost cried when I first saw that.

by Anonymousreply 117May 9, 2021 7:17 PM

Sorry r112 here.

I meant to say BattleSHIP not Battlefield.

by Anonymousreply 118May 9, 2021 7:19 PM

Oh please, Kitsch date that nutjob Minka Kelly first. She' send anyone to dating Civilians, (He's also far less good looking in person, trust me).

Was a tour guide at Universal way back when with OP's Sean O'Bryan and he was young and cute in that blonde small-eyed way, if you are into the Nordic thing (I was). But he was pretty much a dick, talked to nobody, never saw him smile once. Unfriendly to the extreme. Never really rooted for him as a result.

by Anonymousreply 119May 9, 2021 7:43 PM

r108, devastatingly handsome. I only recall him from apartment zero, with colin firth

by Anonymousreply 120May 9, 2021 7:51 PM

Why is Minka Kelly a nut job? She is very hot and far out of Taylor Kitsch' league honestly. Andy Cohen once admitted that when he had to fuck a female, he would choose Minka Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 121May 9, 2021 7:52 PM

James Wolk. He was great in Mad Men, then did a couple of rando shows and disappeared.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122May 9, 2021 8:05 PM

James Wolk was woke before it became a thing.

by Anonymousreply 123May 9, 2021 8:06 PM

r121 = Minka Kelly

by Anonymousreply 124May 9, 2021 8:08 PM

R28, sunbathing in bikini underwear. What a sight! I am jealous.

R45, it was great to see him pop up in the second episode of Apartment 23 in bike shorts as Chloeā€™s dad.

by Anonymousreply 125May 9, 2021 8:26 PM

He's gay, r13 and that's held against a lot of actors. Especially in the '80s.

Russell works the Steadicam now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126May 9, 2021 8:30 PM

Romola Garai. I read she wouldnā€™t give Harvey what he wanted.

by Anonymousreply 127May 9, 2021 8:32 PM

[quote] He's gay, R13 and that's held against a lot of actors. Especially in the '80s

Russell Todd has a great body.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128May 9, 2021 8:38 PM

Yes, Jon Bernthal is like the Rock or Jon Cena, only cool, r75.

He should be bigger, but I think Frank Grillo is taking all his roles. I really want him to pound me into applesauce, though.

by Anonymousreply 129May 9, 2021 8:45 PM

Oliver Jackson-Cohen is not hot to me. But he's getting MORE than enough work.

by Anonymousreply 130May 9, 2021 8:47 PM

Nicholas Hoult is a star, no need to mourn him.

by Anonymousreply 131May 9, 2021 8:48 PM

I would add 3 more actors whose greatest success was during the 80s - Ken Olandt, Jeff Yagher and John Allen Nelson. All 3 had fairly long careers. Yagher is now a sculptor. Nelson actually moved to Ottawa.

Iā€™ll post a current picture of each.

First up, Olandt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132May 9, 2021 8:59 PM

It generally takes more than good looks to succeed as an actor although being good looking certainly helps. But good looking men (and women) are a dime a dozen. Generally talent is needed to have a career, although I'm sure there are actors and actresses who have gotten roles due to their looks alone.

by Anonymousreply 133May 9, 2021 9:00 PM

Yagher

Picture at link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134May 9, 2021 9:03 PM

Hayden Christensen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135May 9, 2021 9:03 PM

TREVOR FRICKIN' BLUMAS!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136May 9, 2021 9:05 PM

Nelson

Bottom picture at the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137May 9, 2021 9:06 PM

Rob Estes always stuck me as someone who had "I'm never going to be a star" written all over his face. Something about his lack of charisma, his inability to act, whatever... he just exuded, well, nothing....

by Anonymousreply 138May 9, 2021 9:15 PM

Tim Matheson has been working steadily for SIXTY years, since he was about twelve!

Although not always top-billed he has had an enviable Hollywood career.

by Anonymousreply 139May 9, 2021 9:53 PM

Mark Umbers

by Anonymousreply 140May 9, 2021 10:07 PM

Many of these actors worked a lot. Thatā€™s not the goal we are talking about. Weā€™re talking about being a stah.

by Anonymousreply 141May 9, 2021 10:07 PM

Julian Morris

by Anonymousreply 142May 9, 2021 10:08 PM

Johnathon Schaech

by Anonymousreply 143May 9, 2021 10:23 PM

R120 - I'm old enough to remember Hart Bochner in the movies Islands in the Stream and Rich and Famouse and the miniseries War and Remembrance.

by Anonymousreply 144May 9, 2021 10:24 PM

Andrew Stevens also springs to mind. And Morgan Stevens. Were they related? Both very pretty.

by Anonymousreply 145May 9, 2021 10:31 PM

[quote] And Morgan Stevens.

Great body.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146May 9, 2021 10:32 PM

Morgan Stevensā€™ beating by the LAPD 30 years ago is what derailed his career, R146.

by Anonymousreply 147May 9, 2021 10:35 PM

Hart Bochner was to die for

by Anonymousreply 148May 9, 2021 10:39 PM

The always spectacular Judson Mills - he has worked steadily on TV, but is nowhere near a star even though he is MUCH better looking than many so-called leading men who have a level of talent comparable to his own (and, in some cases, they are less handsome than he is, and worse actors).

By the way R119, thanks for the information on Sean O'Bryan - I have always found him extremely handsome and a good enough actor, but maybe he hasn't gone further in his career because he is not a team player? Thanks to you as well, R28; if I had seen him in speedos, I could have died and gone to Heaven!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149May 9, 2021 10:56 PM

Remember Leigh McCloskey in Dallas was beautiful

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150May 9, 2021 11:04 PM

David Chokachi.

by Anonymousreply 151May 9, 2021 11:12 PM

Edmund Purdom

by Anonymousreply 152May 9, 2021 11:16 PM

Geoffrey Horne

by Anonymousreply 153May 9, 2021 11:16 PM

Brian Bloom

by Anonymousreply 154May 9, 2021 11:20 PM

Colin Morgan: He still works, but I thought he was going to be bigger after Merlin.

by Anonymousreply 155May 9, 2021 11:30 PM

Kane Richmond was supremely beautiful, but never really became a "star". Nice physique, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156May 9, 2021 11:35 PM

Gardner McKay

by Anonymousreply 157May 9, 2021 11:38 PM

no Tiki, no watchee

by Anonymousreply 158May 9, 2021 11:50 PM

of the serial actors, Kane was actually not too bad of an actor as well (for the genre). He should have at least had a bigger B movie career. I think Buster has already been mentioned, but I always thought his looks, build and acting were a bit above a lot of the B movie actors as well, but while he never became an A-Lister, he was a pretty big name in his own way. The male ingenue of Mask of Fu Manchu, Charles Starrett, reminds me a little of Kane.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159May 9, 2021 11:59 PM

Ian Kahn. He was on a show called ā€œBullā€ in 2000/2001 and I thought he would be huge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160May 10, 2021 12:17 AM

David Bacon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161May 10, 2021 12:22 AM

Peter Hermann. He was beautiful and shouldn't have been relegated to Percil ads.

Also, thanks to whoever posted Ramy Zada upthread.

by Anonymousreply 162May 10, 2021 12:30 AM

[quote] shouldn't have been relegated to Percil ads.

That he was is especially heinous.

by Anonymousreply 163May 10, 2021 12:32 AM

Judge Reinhold.

by Anonymousreply 164May 10, 2021 12:35 AM

Brian J Smith

by Anonymousreply 165May 10, 2021 12:36 AM

That Morgan Stevens story is pretty horrific. He settled with the LAPD and they basically settled with him because they were dealing with the Rodney King debacle (and this was before the verdict).

I wonder how Stevens feels about the defund the police movement. His career basically ended after the beating (although he did guest on a few tv shows including Melrose Place). Stevens even mentions here it pisses him off that the perpetrators were still working for the police, which shows you how much power they have.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166May 10, 2021 12:41 AM

Cheyenne Jackson owns this thread

by Anonymousreply 167May 10, 2021 12:53 AM

[quote] Remember Leigh McCloskey in Dallas

Thatā€™s not how DL remembers him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168May 10, 2021 1:00 AM

Grant Goodeve. He had a supporting part in Eight is Enough but never achieved a leading role in a ty show or movie. I was always confused by this, becuase I wanted to see a lot more of him. I still do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169May 10, 2021 1:08 AM

Kristoffer Tabori (son of Viveca Lindfors). I think he later became a director but I always thought he was very good-looking back in his younger days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170May 10, 2021 3:02 AM

Perry King

by Anonymousreply 171May 10, 2021 3:05 AM

Trent Ford

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172May 10, 2021 3:08 AM

Jon-Erik Hexum.

Why? Because pretty can be stupid.

by Anonymousreply 173May 10, 2021 3:18 AM

Scott Wolf was supposed to be the next Tom Cruise because...

he looked a bit like Tom Cruise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174May 10, 2021 3:32 AM

R162,

I worked with Peter a few years ago. He works consistently and is very handsome, and he is talented, but I'm not sure he has that IT factor to be a star. Maybe it's the roles he's had, or the lack of needing to be a star (cause his wife is making millions, so money is not an issue in that household), but he definitely has presence, and one day the right part in the right project might change everything for him.

Some actors just have charisma out the wazoo and you know it's just a matter of time before they explode into the star orbit. I remember seeing Timothee Chalamet, Mark Ruffalo and (gulp) Kevin Spacey in various Off-Broadway plays and sitting up and thinking: WHO IS THAT? Chalamet was the most recent, of course, and the play he was in was terrible, but damn, he was amazing and memorable. And in that original cast of History Boys on Broadway, Dominic Cooper sizzled with charisma, and in far smaller parts James Corden and Russell Tovey stood out and made themselves unforgettable. Their co-star Samuel Barnett can act circles around all three of them, and yet he is by far the least-known of the men mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 175May 10, 2021 4:39 AM

DL Fave Alex Pettyfer, but we know what happened there

by Anonymousreply 176May 10, 2021 7:22 AM

Jameson Parker

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177May 10, 2021 9:35 AM

r177 Simon & Simon was pretty popular for awhile, Jameson just didn't seem to do much after that. I think he decided he was kind of over it after some guest stars and other shows.

by Anonymousreply 178May 10, 2021 9:41 AM

OP posts script and a pic with no name.

Not playing "guess who".

by Anonymousreply 179May 10, 2021 9:42 AM

R179 - why would you need to guess? When you click on the OP's pic, the guy's name appears under the pic.

by Anonymousreply 180May 10, 2021 10:18 AM

Cam Gigandet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181May 10, 2021 10:56 AM

I went to high school with a semi famous actor that has the biggest dick Iā€™ve ever seen that went on to a few blockbuster movies but Iā€™m guessing he couldnā€™t keep it in his pants because he doesnā€™t do anything nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 182May 10, 2021 10:58 AM

Eric Thal Grant Show Eric Roberts

by Anonymousreply 183May 10, 2021 11:23 AM

[quote]Iā€™m guessing he couldnā€™t keep it in his pants because he doesnā€™t do anything nowadays.

With his dick or with his career?

by Anonymousreply 184May 10, 2021 11:44 AM

People are FREAKING out

by Anonymousreply 185May 10, 2021 11:49 AM

[quote]in that original cast of History Boys on Broadway, Dominic Cooper sizzled with charisma, and in far smaller parts James Corden and Russell Tovey stood out and made themselves unforgettable. Their co-star Samuel Barnett can act circles around all three of them, and yet he is by far the least-known of the men mentioned.

Yet Samuel Barnett is the one I remember. Well, Dominic Cooper, too. But I'd forgotten the other two were even in THB.

by Anonymousreply 186May 10, 2021 12:55 PM

Adrien Pasdar. Very good looking . I thought he was going to breakout especially after that wonderful short lived series that was canceled suddenly where he played a weird charcterr. Too lazy to look for the name.

by Anonymousreply 187May 10, 2021 1:08 PM

Oh come on r182 please spill or at least give a good hint.

by Anonymousreply 188May 10, 2021 1:09 PM

A friend of mine went to college with Hart Bochner and they stayed friends -- many years ago I went out with them to a bar (straight, totally) and it was remarkable. Hart is even better looking in person than on screen and the women in the bar behaved like Girls Gone Wild -- it was as if the entire bar's center shifted from how it was to being all about Hart.

I couldn't imagine what it must be like to know that everywhere you went, people were going to simply stare at you, or to know that, basically, just about anyone you wanted to sleep with will sleep with you. I didn't pick up any gay vibe from him at all but he had to be hit on often by guys as well as women.

Btw, he also seemed like a pretty nice guy -- smart, funny, and self-aware. Then again, he's an actor, so you never really know... And his career didn't go that far because he really was just too pretty for most roles.

by Anonymousreply 189May 10, 2021 2:29 PM

I think I must have been the only one watching this show (Shannonā€™s Deal) in the late 80s. The ratings were terrible but I thought the lead actor, Jamey Sheridan, was charming and would go far.

His costar Elisabeth Pena had a better career though she died far too young.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190May 10, 2021 2:32 PM

Do you think playing the ultimate sleazeball in Die Hard negatively affected Hart Bochnerā€™s career? He was so great and sexy in Apartment Zero (1988) and then played the unlikeable dickhead Ellis in Die Hard the same year. Iā€™d hate to think so, but this guy shouldā€™ve been way bigger.

by Anonymousreply 191May 10, 2021 3:49 PM

Cary Elwes

Billy Campbell

by Anonymousreply 192May 10, 2021 3:55 PM

Matt Bomer. Very handsome man and has had a pretty decent career but never became a leading man type in movies. Granted I know being out and not much of an actor has kind of prevented a film career. On the other hand, Leo and Bradley are still considered leading men. So these Hollywood concepts of sex symbol and leading men really donā€™t mean much.

by Anonymousreply 193May 10, 2021 4:02 PM

Not much of an actor? He graduated from the prestigious acting program at Carnegie Mellon, which is more than you could say for Leo....

by Anonymousreply 194May 10, 2021 4:13 PM

R194: He plays himself all the time. His career is based on his looks. He won a golden globe because he threw his looks out the window. Showbiz is a fickle business and it doesnā€™t always respond to how talented or attractive you are. Luck plays a huge part. Not everyone who comes out of Yale Drama School is a prodigy.

by Anonymousreply 195May 10, 2021 4:17 PM

The beautiful Sasha Mitchell owns this thread. Such a movie star but then bad TV and a bad ex-wife ruined it. (Okay tats too).

by Anonymousreply 196May 10, 2021 4:32 PM

I think the gay thing really hurt Matt Bomer. I don't know what he's like in person, is he really that flaming?

by Anonymousreply 197May 10, 2021 4:34 PM

"Spike od Bensonhurst", so hot and likable too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198May 10, 2021 4:35 PM

R195, when did he "play himself" - you don't even know what his real personality is like so how can you say he's playing himself?

by Anonymousreply 199May 10, 2021 4:38 PM

Iā€™ll be so happy when the phrase ā€œowns this threadā€ dies out. Itā€™s so freaking annoying. Thereā€™s been at least five actors who have ā€œowned this threadā€ according to various posters.

by Anonymousreply 200May 10, 2021 4:45 PM

Fred Ward was in several box office hits and was also in some prestige films (Silkwood, Shortcuts, Henry & June) but never took off as a leading man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201May 10, 2021 5:28 PM

Fred was a nice looking guy in an unconventional way but he had two issues -- the first was that he saw himself as a leading man, and turned down some excellent secondary parts . The second was that he's basically a midget--5'6" at best.

by Anonymousreply 202May 10, 2021 5:47 PM

Nine-year-old me thought he was hot as hell in Tremors. Loved the broken in blue jeans and t-shirt look.

I remember my mom telling me she thought Kevin Bacon was gorgeous in it, but I was all about Fred.

by Anonymousreply 203May 10, 2021 5:52 PM

What probably hurts Matt Bomer is a lack of charisma. He's one of the most beautiful men I've ever seen, but he's never given a performance that went beyond competent and doesn't have much charisma to make up for it as many even worse actors have. As others have said, great looks will only take you so far. By the time you hit 40, you'd better have acquired some acting skills or your career will start shriveling up in a few years.

I really feel bad for beautiful people with limited talent. It must be awful to be on top of the world from 20 to 40 and suddenly watch all of that swirl down the drain through no fault of your own. If people only want to hire you for your looks, you better make the most of it and save up all your money to prepare for the inevitable fall.

by Anonymousreply 204May 10, 2021 5:56 PM

"Charisma" is relative

by Anonymousreply 205May 10, 2021 6:11 PM

R204: I agree but this affects female actors much more so than male actors. By the time an actress hits 40 and her tits start to sag, the roles start drying up. Thatā€™s why they have to start their own production companies. This affects men as well but Iā€™ve seen plenty of mediocre (talent and looks) male actors carry on while many female careers basically diminish.

by Anonymousreply 206May 10, 2021 6:12 PM

R195 Bomer is plenty talented. Get him an interesting role, like in The Sinner, and he's excellent.

by Anonymousreply 207May 10, 2021 6:18 PM

Vincent Ventresca (Romy & Michelle, The Invisible Man).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208May 10, 2021 6:40 PM

James Warwick

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209May 10, 2021 6:57 PM

Rick Rossovich.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210May 10, 2021 7:02 PM

Barry Tubb

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211May 10, 2021 7:05 PM

Jeremy Northam

Hugh Dancy

by Anonymousreply 212May 10, 2021 7:17 PM

Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder

by Anonymousreply 213May 10, 2021 7:48 PM

R200 owns this thread.

by Anonymousreply 214May 10, 2021 7:53 PM

I think Fred Ward has had a great career. I always found him so sexy. I used to rewind the scene of his butt shot in Henry and June. Even bald Ward was sexy.

by Anonymousreply 215May 10, 2021 8:05 PM

Ian Somerhalder has the Matt Bomer problem. Beautiful man but perhaps too threatening and lacking in charisma. The difference is Bomer is the superior actor and thus has had the better career.

by Anonymousreply 216May 10, 2021 8:08 PM

Weird to me that Bryce Johnson hasnā€™t really ever hit it big, because he has that approachable conventional likeable beefcake look everybody seems to respond well to (cf. Channing Tatum, Tom Hardy), and yet he also has quite a lot of understated acting ability.

But to date the most heā€™s managed is a few decent indies barely anyone has seen, and guest spots on shitty trashy teen shows like GLEE and PRETTY LITTLE LIARS.

Perhaps his head is too oblong, or his ears stick out too much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217May 10, 2021 8:17 PM

I think both of R192's choices are spot-on. I would add Michael ParƩ:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218May 10, 2021 9:00 PM

Some Bryce Johnson for r217.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219May 10, 2021 9:08 PM

Tim Matheson:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220May 10, 2021 9:14 PM

I always thought young Michael Shanks was beautiful.

He was also apparently a pain in the ass on set but still liked better than his replacement, Corin Nemic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221May 10, 2021 9:16 PM

I had a crush on Bryce Johnson. Then I forgot about him.

by Anonymousreply 222May 10, 2021 9:33 PM

Billy Crudup

by Anonymousreply 223May 10, 2021 9:33 PM

Billy Crudup had a decent career (some major movies) and was really good looking for awhile. Somewhere along the way he hit the wall HARD. i was watching The Morning Show last year and i couldn't quite place an actor, but he seemed familiar somehow. Did an IMDB inquiry an and behold it was Billy Crudup, or at least a very wizened version of him. Lots of wrinkles on his face, but he still has a great smile and a sparkle in his eyes.

by Anonymousreply 224May 11, 2021 1:25 AM

Greg Sestero

by Anonymousreply 225May 11, 2021 1:47 AM

...from the infamous film, The Room.

by Anonymousreply 226May 11, 2021 1:47 AM

I think David Lyons finally returned to Australia after trying to make it big in the U.S. Someone at NBC had a huge hard on for him, as they put him in four series: E.R., The Cape, Revolution, and Game of Silence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227May 11, 2021 10:31 AM

[quote]Cary Elwes

[quote]Billy Campbell

They appeared together in the Francis Ford Coppola "Dracula" film in 1992. They were both at the peak of their looks then, but went downhill not long after:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228May 11, 2021 10:34 AM

Daniel McDonald, brother of Christopher. Died young of brain cancer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229May 11, 2021 10:47 AM

Corbin Allred (the actor, not the singer), who started as a sitcom teen and then...basically booked nothing else of note.

Not so much hot as pretty cute in certain lights, but certainly talented and reliable and nice-looking enough for the camera, if his handful of shoestring genre movies are anything to go by. If guys like Devon Sawa can still work steadily, then by now thereā€™s no reason that Corbin shouldnā€™t have a second-string show on like Sci-Fi.

My pet theory is that the business was too sleazy for his cornfed Mormon sensibilities and thatā€™s why he cut out early. He still teaches acting, though, so it canā€™t have been that traumatic for him. And hey, Kirk Cameron made it work...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230May 11, 2021 12:50 PM

Both Londons, Jason and Jeremy, ran through their moment of success pretty quickly.

by Anonymousreply 231May 11, 2021 1:01 PM

David Corenswet

by Anonymousreply 232May 11, 2021 1:07 PM

R231 five-year old Me wanted to marry Griff from PARTY OF FIVE. Fuck that bitch Julia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233May 11, 2021 1:12 PM

Corbin Bernsen was, at best, fairly good looking, but he truly believed he was the handsomest man on tv, and acted that way. A powerful producer I know who worked with him said that Bernsen's ego was so enormous that it became impossible to work with the guy. Cb basically went into crappy direct to video movies and then moved to upstate NY where he walks around hoping people will recognize him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234May 11, 2021 2:26 PM

^so he was Roger Dorn in real life?

by Anonymousreply 235May 11, 2021 4:04 PM

Meat from Porkyā€™s. Except for Kim Cattrall and Boyd Gaines, both of whom only did the first one, the rest of the young actors didnā€™t get much work once the franchise ended.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236May 11, 2021 4:12 PM

I can imagine countless discussions with his agent begging him to change his name.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237May 11, 2021 4:23 PM

R236 - Tony Ganios (one of my major heartthrobs) is on Twitter a lot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238May 11, 2021 4:32 PM

The Londons may have been hurt because there were two of them.

by Anonymousreply 239May 11, 2021 4:35 PM

Darren Criss

by Anonymousreply 240May 11, 2021 5:22 PM

I always got Jason and Jeremy London confused. They truly did look almost exactly alike and even moved/spoke the same. That couldn't have helped them much. I'm sure they both went in for all the same roles.

by Anonymousreply 241May 11, 2021 5:49 PM

Eric Close

by Anonymousreply 242May 11, 2021 6:20 PM

Trevor Donovan

by Anonymousreply 243May 11, 2021 6:26 PM

[quote]Eric Close

It would be fun if he, Aaron Tveit, and Eric Winter were to play brothers. Or maybe it would just be confusing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244May 11, 2021 6:26 PM

Olivia Newton-Lez

by Anonymousreply 245May 11, 2021 6:32 PM

R13, Russell Todd probably had too much baggage from being a former Calvin Klein model (kind of like Antonio Sabato Jr.). Being too pretty is also probably a handicap, unless you're a good actor as well.

He reminds me of a prettier James Marsden, who's a decent actor -- can play comedy or drama -- and is a little rougher around the edges.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246May 11, 2021 6:36 PM

R187, Adrian Pasdar has a HUGE list of credits. A lot of it is voice over work (which it seems 75% of actors have been doing for the last 10 years), but he's worked steadily since 1986.

Just not as a leading man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247May 11, 2021 6:49 PM

Jeez R166, totally forgot about Morgan Stevens. Here he is on Entertainment Tonight, talking about the loss of confidence and self-esteem the beating took on him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248May 11, 2021 7:03 PM

Brad Davis

Brad Johnson

by Anonymousreply 249May 11, 2021 7:08 PM

Eric Close was hot as hell, R244.

I've never forgotten his nipples.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250May 11, 2021 7:11 PM

Paul Gross was the best looking man on TV and never quite made it. His Due South co-star Callum Keith Rennie wasnā€™t as classically handsome but was hot. Iā€™d add Campbell Scott too.

R190 Jamey Sheridan was the boss in Law and Order Criminal Intent with the lovely Vincent Dā€™Onofrio.

by Anonymousreply 251May 11, 2021 7:12 PM

William McNamara owns this thread. So many pretty boys in the late 80's/early 90's at managed to secure some high-profile indie roles or a series, but he never managed to take off.

by Anonymousreply 252May 11, 2021 7:12 PM

I haven't seen McNamara in anything in ages

by Anonymousreply 253May 11, 2021 7:20 PM

Callum K Rennie, Paul Gross

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254May 11, 2021 7:23 PM

Can I just interject someone none of you know - Kapil Jhaveri. Was the star of about five Bollywood movies, then disappeared. I saw all of them and he was SUCH a handsome hunk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255May 11, 2021 8:03 PM

Paolo Montalban. Started at the top, and it's been downhill ever since.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256May 11, 2021 8:04 PM

Eric Bana

by Anonymousreply 257May 11, 2021 8:22 PM

R257 his Hector was so good. So good. He codified that role for me, to the point heā€™s all I see when I read the original text.

by Anonymousreply 258May 11, 2021 8:26 PM

R236 Some of the young actors from the Porky's movies were talented (Wyatt Knight, Mark Herrier, Scott Colomby and Kaki Hunter in particular). Tony Ganios wasn't a good actor really, but was good looking and had a lovable lunk quality to him. It's too bad they didn't work more.

by Anonymousreply 259May 11, 2021 8:34 PM

The hunks of Battlestar Galactica were sent back on their home countries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260May 11, 2021 8:45 PM

Ioan Gruffudd

by Anonymousreply 261May 11, 2021 8:49 PM

R261, with a name like that, whaddya expect?

by Anonymousreply 262May 11, 2021 9:10 PM

R241, aren't they twins?

by Anonymousreply 263May 12, 2021 12:41 AM

Actor Max Martini (Iā€™ll take his fine ass shaken or stirred) He was in Pacific Rim(job) with the delicious Charlie Hunnam and Idris Elba. He was in a few episodes of Burn Notice playing a douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 264May 12, 2021 2:17 AM

Hello? A lead opposite Kidman and Dustin Hoffman, another cool role with John Cusack and Lily Taylor, cute as fuck and then...nothing.,

I swear, I can't even remember his name myself! I'll call him "Joe Lie:s" from "Say Anything".

by Anonymousreply 265May 12, 2021 3:16 AM

Agree with a lot of those listed already:

Loren Dean Sasha Mitchell Dermot Mulroney Marc Singer Christopher Atkins Mark Hamill Mark-Paul Gosselaar

by Anonymousreply 266May 12, 2021 3:30 AM

Sasha Mitchell hit gold when he was on Step by Step. An easy gig playing a doofus with weekly pay cheque and royalties. But he had some domestic violence issues and was fired from the show. So, it was more of a situation of personal problems affecting his career.

by Anonymousreply 267May 12, 2021 3:47 AM

Ugh, i have NEVER thought Christopher Atkins was good looking. He always looked squinty and wrinkly and needed to gain some weight/muscle.

by Anonymousreply 268May 12, 2021 4:53 AM

R268, Christopher Atkins is a gay favorite -- he was attractive as a twink and is still attractive today.

Chris as a twink:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269May 12, 2021 12:41 PM

Chris as a mature man:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270May 12, 2021 12:42 PM

Dougray Scott. He was adorable in the princess movie with Drew Barrymore.

He was originally cast as Wolverine in X-Men back in 2000 or so, but had to pull out when filming on Mission Impossible 2 ran long. Then Hugh Jackman took the role...

I wonder how different Scottā€™s career wouldā€™ve been if he had played Wolverine? Maybe not much different, X-Men wasnā€™t great of a film series, but perhaps he wouldā€™ve been in the public eye more.

Jackman nailed the Wolverine character, anyway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271May 12, 2021 1:40 PM

I thought Gary Sandy was attractive and a very likable straight man on WKRP. I was surprised that he never landed another role as a sitcom regular when the series ended. Someone like Linda Bloodsworth-Thomason should have snatched him up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272May 12, 2021 8:14 PM

Forbes March and Victor Webster

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273May 12, 2021 8:17 PM

[quote]I wonder how different Scottā€™s career wouldā€™ve been if he had played Wolverine? Maybe not much different, X-Men wasnā€™t great of a film series, but perhaps he wouldā€™ve been in the public eye more.

Because of him not doing that role he potentially missed out on everything Hugh did which includes: X-Men, X2, X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, The Wolverine, Logan and X-Men: Days of Future Past.

That's a lot of cash right there from playing the same character and the only reason it stopped is that Hugh made it clear he was done with it.

by Anonymousreply 274May 12, 2021 8:20 PM

I see a two guys mentioned who were on the Joss Whedon payroll, specifically Tahmoh Penikett and Enver Gjokaj. Now that Whedon is poison, their chance to hit it big is pretty much nil. Enver is a decent actor, but I agree his name is a roadblock for dumb Americans.

by Anonymousreply 275May 12, 2021 8:40 PM

R273 - wow, I'd never heard of Victor Webster before - that's one beautiful hunk of man!

by Anonymousreply 276May 12, 2021 9:04 PM

I loved Sasha Mitchell in "Spike of Bensonhurst". It's funny, my dad always hates every movie we take him to, but he really liked that one.

by Anonymousreply 277May 12, 2021 9:05 PM

[quote] I thought Gary Sandy was attractive and a very likable straight man on WKRP.

Sweet Jesus, Gary was one of my first TV crushes. So, so sexy. He also appeared as hustler creep in "Some of My Best Friends Are" with Rue McClanahan, and was in the short-lived but fun Norman Lear sitcom "All that Glitters" with a pre-Dallas Linda Gray as a secretly trans news anchor. I haven't seen much of him since WKRP, but I think he popped up somewhere not too long ago... Desperate Housewives? Anyway, Gary is 75 now and was only married once, 6 years, no kids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278May 12, 2021 10:55 PM

Gary Sandy must have been a proud, proud man. The way his dick was SO apparent under the tight jeans he wore, I would be a little shy about that. Iā€™m surprised he didnā€™t have a full-frontal role in a movie. At least pose for Playgirl, that issue would have been sold pit in two hours.

by Anonymousreply 279May 12, 2021 11:03 PM

273 & 276 Mmmm, Victor Webster is STILL hot, maybe even hotter, now that he's aged. He's worked pretty steadily according to IMDB. Perhaps he just didn't want to be a BIG movie star, but he has definitely been working.

r275 Although he doesn't really have any name recognition, i've always though Tahmoh Penikett is a uniquely hot guy. He reminds me of a past FWB also born in Canada. I've seen him here and there, and he also seems to work fairly regularly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280May 13, 2021 12:04 AM

When Victor Webster was first on Days of our Lives he really was easily one of the most beautiful looking men Iā€™d ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 281May 13, 2021 1:27 AM

Mark Shera

by Anonymousreply 282May 13, 2021 2:34 AM

Billy Wirth was in a miniseries with Hart Bochner called "Children of the Dust". I must have watched it 20 times. Wirth was the hero and Bochner the baddie. Both so good-looking.

by Anonymousreply 283May 13, 2021 3:24 AM

^ I see Crazy Jim Caviezel was in that, too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284May 13, 2021 3:33 AM

Yes, but he wasn't really good looking at the time. Or maybe he wasn't styled to be hot. I didn't notice him at the time.

by Anonymousreply 285May 13, 2021 3:37 AM

Matt Dallas

by Anonymousreply 286May 13, 2021 4:02 AM

Tim Guinee. In an alternate universe he has Nathan Fillionā€™s career.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287May 13, 2021 4:53 AM

R287, Does he have Nathan Fillion's ass?

by Anonymousreply 288May 13, 2021 5:01 AM

Scott Porter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289May 13, 2021 5:05 AM

Henry Czerny

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290May 13, 2021 5:06 AM

This deaf little cutey Sean Berdy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291May 13, 2021 5:10 AM

Jamie Kennedy and Skeet Ulrich

by Anonymousreply 292May 13, 2021 11:55 AM

Brian Peppers

by Anonymousreply 293May 13, 2021 12:48 PM

R281, here's Victor Webster's naked ass from "Sex & The City":

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294May 13, 2021 1:10 PM

I met Billy Wirth in person at a small house party at some straight , rich douchey guys Greenwich Vilage townhouse. We showed up the same time and he was with some pretty model type. He was that gorgeous and very nice and down to earth. Did not ping at all. He is gorgeous but not a very good actor. He showed up in this really cute movie over 10 years ago called ā€œ The Talent Given Usā€ he was very good in it but I think it was because he was playing himself . He is still gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 295May 13, 2021 1:32 PM

Victor Webster showing his big uncut cock in his nude shoot with Cori Nadine:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296May 13, 2021 1:46 PM

More naked Victor Webster:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297May 13, 2021 1:48 PM

R268.

Heā€™s blond.

This is Datalounge.

That is all they care about.

Personally, I never really thought of him as hot either.

by Anonymousreply 298May 13, 2021 1:48 PM

And more naked Victor Webster:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299May 13, 2021 1:49 PM

Henry Czerny is also a really good actor. He was amazing in The Boys of St. Vincent

by Anonymousreply 300May 13, 2021 3:34 PM

Henry Czerny was fucking Dana Delany before finally settling downā€¦he wed in the early 2000s and I think he is still married. He always had a slightly menacing quality which may have helped typecast him.

by Anonymousreply 301May 13, 2021 3:40 PM

Philip Winchester has had several big breaks but he still isnā€™t a household name.

Well, ā€œWinchesterā€ isā€¦but not him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302May 13, 2021 4:11 PM

Zach Galligan.

by Anonymousreply 303May 13, 2021 4:55 PM

Zach was arrested for shoplifting a while ago, yes?

by Anonymousreply 304May 13, 2021 5:03 PM

Usually, the pretty ones with the slightly menacing vibes don't tend to do as well. Jason Patric, Ian Somerhalder, Chace Crawford, Hart Bochner, Russell Todd, etc. are all so pretty that they look almost frightening at times. Maybe some people are uncomfortable with that. Sharon Stone is like the female version of that. Beautiful and sexy, but there's something potentially dangerous about her that was well utilized in erotic thrillers, but people have a harder time watching her in a feel good comedy.

The one I don't understand not becoming a big star is James Wolk. He's pretty, but he has the warmest, most inviting face and sweetest smile. He's the perfect boy next door. Total marriage material. Maybe he's too sane and not driven enough for the business.

by Anonymousreply 305May 13, 2021 5:54 PM

r305 I think your assessment of Wolk is totally right on. He always looks like he's on a verge of a smile (when he's not smiling). I'm watching him right now in "Zoo." Not the greatest show, but watching him keeps me interested.

by Anonymousreply 306May 14, 2021 1:12 AM

Trax Colton (real name Louis Morelli): hot guy, Henry Willson discovery, 20th Century Fox contract player. Made two pictures - a bit role in "Marriage-Go-Round" and the lead as an Olympic track star in "It Happened in Athens" (1962). After that - nada. Evidently he did okay in "It Happened in Athens" and even dated his co-star Jayne Mansfield for a while but then disappeared. Left show business and is still alive in his early nineties. No idea what happened (or didn't happen).

Rick Jason (real name Richard Jacobson): Starred in "Sombrero" (1953) for MGM - a studio executive's wife was crazy about him and nagged her husband to give him a multi-year contract. He should have taken it but had been under contract for another studio for years and wasn't given anything and refused MGM's repeated generous offers. Ended up on television in smaller and smaller roles. Really handsome and a trained talented actor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307May 14, 2021 2:11 AM

R301, Henry Czerny played the villain on "Revenge" for several seasons.

by Anonymousreply 308May 14, 2021 12:25 PM

R288, I'm not R287 but I thought Tim Guinee was way hotter than Nathan Fillion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309May 14, 2021 11:49 PM

Another pic of Tim. I do see the resemblance to Nathan:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310May 14, 2021 11:52 PM

Tim Guinee is a really good actor

by Anonymousreply 311May 15, 2021 12:14 AM

There's always been something about Tim Guinee that makes me think he's going to have a nervous breakdown at any moment. I'm not sure he can play anything near comedy, can he?

by Anonymousreply 312May 15, 2021 5:39 AM

Cameron Bancroft

by Anonymousreply 313May 15, 2021 5:45 AM

R307, Rick Jason is very good-looking; I love long-faced, dark-haired men. He aged well, too.

by Anonymousreply 314May 15, 2021 6:24 AM

Eric Balfour. So hot (to me, anyway).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315May 15, 2021 7:43 AM

Victor Webster showing some bush #1:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316May 15, 2021 12:21 PM

Victor Webster showing some bush #2:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317May 15, 2021 12:21 PM

Glenn Corbett of "Route 66." For that matter, the person he replaced, George Maharis, too.

by Anonymousreply 318May 15, 2021 1:49 PM

When Murielā€™s Wedding came out, all my friends lusted after the swimmer (Daniel LaPaine)ā€¦but the sad looking parking attendant who has a crush on Muriel (Matt Day) was more my type.

Both Day and LaPaine have worked steadily in Australia and the UK since but neither became a star on the level of Toni Collette.

Looking at recent photos Iā€™d say Day has aged better than LaPaine too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319May 15, 2021 2:12 PM

[quote]Cameron Bancroft

You would have thought his mother Anne could have opened some doors for him.

by Anonymousreply 320May 15, 2021 2:20 PM

R320

She was too busy opening up for Dustin Hoffman.

by Anonymousreply 321May 15, 2021 2:21 PM

Can't believe no one has mentioned 80's hunk John Terlesky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322May 15, 2021 6:03 PM

R322, I always thought Seann William Scott had a similar quality to him.

by Anonymousreply 323May 15, 2021 6:12 PM

Yup, I can see that, except Scott was a lot more crazed.

by Anonymousreply 324May 15, 2021 6:16 PM

John James from "Dynasty" and "The Colbys"

by Anonymousreply 325May 15, 2021 6:20 PM

British actor Tom Ward left the popular UK series ā€œSilent Witnessā€ several years ago and has had very little on his IMDB filmography since. He was always very charming and likable on the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326May 15, 2021 6:26 PM

Danel Lapaine lost his looks distressingly rapidly but heā€™s become a solid character actor in stuff like the UK series Catastrophe.

WHET Rupert Penry-Jones? He was very pretty, seemed to have star potential and then it just didnā€™t happen for him.

by Anonymousreply 327May 15, 2021 7:09 PM

Chase Williamson from ā€œJohn Dies At The Endā€ which came out almost 20 years ago. His credits following that movie is comprised of mostly B movies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328May 15, 2021 7:18 PM

Paul Shenar and Frank Langella were linked romantically in SF in the 70s. I've seen a lot of these men on Murder She Wrote.

by Anonymousreply 329May 15, 2021 7:24 PM

[QUOTE] Chase Williamson from ā€œJohn Dies At The Endā€ which came out almost 20 years ago. R328

WTF? John Dies at the End came out in 2013. Since when is 8 years ago also 20?

Anyway, Williamson also appears in Beyond the Gates and The Guest. Neither of them are blockbusters, but have a cult following and are quite good. Agreed that he is extremely cute in a Topher Grace kind of way. He has indie-film vibe all about him though, so no surprises there.

by Anonymousreply 330May 15, 2021 7:24 PM

[quote] Can't believe no one has mentioned 80's hunk John Terlesky.

Oh yes. He was absolutely sexy as hell. Much better looking as a brunet. Apparently straight however. Maybe that's why...

by Anonymousreply 331May 15, 2021 7:26 PM

Frank Langella is family?

by Anonymousreply 332May 15, 2021 7:41 PM

[quote/] Frank Langella is family?

Never heard that one before, but can't say I'd be surprised.

by Anonymousreply 333May 15, 2021 7:43 PM

Mmmmmmmmmm.....John Terlesky!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334May 15, 2021 7:48 PM

Langella wrote a book about his interactions with famous dead women. He tells the story of approaching a sleeping Jackie Onassis (at either his or her home) & simulating a gun shooting at her head to get her attention. He immediately realized the error of his ways, but it was too late as Jackie was horrified about his insensitivity. The one story that didnā€™t involve a deceased woman & the lone one he couldnā€™t vouch completely in its authenticity (although he believed it to be true) was about Queen Elizabeth. As he told it, sometime in the ā€˜70s, Elizabeth was being a pain in the ass in the company of her mother, who wasnā€™t having it. ā€œWho do you think you are?!ā€ asked the Queen Mother.

by Anonymousreply 335May 15, 2021 7:54 PM

Paul Shenar also bagged Jeremy Brett

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336May 15, 2021 7:59 PM

[quote] WTF? John Dies at the End came out in 2013. Since when is 8 years ago also 20?

Meant to type 10 not 20. Stay calm.

by Anonymousreply 337May 15, 2021 9:08 PM

R337

Hope you're not an accountant.

by Anonymousreply 338May 15, 2021 9:18 PM

John Beck

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339May 15, 2021 10:48 PM

Paul Shenar had the best voice ever

by Anonymousreply 340May 16, 2021 2:15 AM

Agree about Hart Bochner - gloriously beautiful and sort of 'outed' now for photos on that yacht, and Terrence Knox who was beefy and sexy.

Morgan Stevens' story was tragic. Beaten by the cops in the early 90;, his face never recovered. He's 70 now. His co-star on A Year In The Life was the late David Oliver, who like Timothy Patrick Murphy, started on soaps and died of AIDS at the age of 30. David was the deal.

by Anonymousreply 341May 16, 2021 2:29 AM

David Oliver was gorgeous

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342May 16, 2021 2:40 AM

Would love to see a recent pic of Morgan. Haven't seen him in years.

by Anonymousreply 343May 16, 2021 4:38 AM

R331, Terlesky turned to directing in the 1990's, very successfully too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344May 16, 2021 6:25 AM

Maxwell Caulfield unknowingly helped many a young gayling in the 80s reach orgasm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345May 16, 2021 7:41 AM

[quote]Glenn Corbett of "Route 66."

Glenn Corbett had a long, successful career as a leading man and a supporting actor in both TV and film. I would not include him on this list.

by Anonymousreply 346May 16, 2021 5:20 PM

But he didn't really become a star that people remember. Even George Maharis -- who may have been named already -- is known better than Corbett.

by Anonymousreply 347May 16, 2021 7:12 PM

John Saxon had a long career, but I don't think anyone would consider him a 'star'. He was in War Hunt w/Robert Redford in 1962. Redford is a household name, yet Saxon, while still known among sci-fi and maybe Bruce Lee fans, is long forgotten.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348May 16, 2021 7:14 PM

[quote]But he didn't really become a star that people remember. Even George Maharis -- who may have been named already -- is known better than Corbett.

It's true that there is a very real distinction between "working actor" and "star." Many of the people named in this thread have been working actors for years. It's just that they never became stars on the order of a Brando, Cruise or Pitt, which is what the thread is supposed to be about.

by Anonymousreply 349May 16, 2021 8:14 PM

Chris Eigeman

Robert Scott Wilson

by Anonymousreply 350May 16, 2021 8:58 PM

I'm surprised neither of Northern Exposure's actors, Rob Morrow and John Corbett, attained the fame I thought they would. I'd fuck both of them.

by Anonymousreply 351May 16, 2021 11:47 PM

John Corbett gave us this in Portlandia. How many other actors have sported erection onscreen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352May 16, 2021 11:50 PM

Robert Burke

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353May 17, 2021 6:37 AM

Is Yannick Bisson considered a star? If not, is there life after "Murdoch?

by Anonymousreply 354May 17, 2021 7:24 AM

Chrissy O'Donnell

by Anonymousreply 355May 17, 2021 7:40 AM

The guy that played Veraā€™s first sidekick on ā€œVeraā€. Canā€™t recall his name. One of the most achingly beautiful men I have ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 356May 17, 2021 10:33 AM

[quote]WHET Rupert Penry-Jones? He was very pretty, seemed to have star potential and then it just didnā€™t happen for him.

He's 50 now, so he aged out of his pretty boy looks.

by Anonymousreply 357May 17, 2021 12:02 PM

Rupert Penry-Jones has an extremely punchable face. He looks like a smug, posh twat who deserves to be repeatedly punched.

by Anonymousreply 358May 17, 2021 12:08 PM

Australian Marcus Graham. In the 1990s he had aspirations to be the next James Dean but didn't make it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359May 17, 2021 2:06 PM

Michael St. Gerard (Hairspray '88)

Peter Nelson (V)

Jay Underwood (Boy Who Could Fly)

by Anonymousreply 360May 17, 2021 2:31 PM

R352 see R348.

by Anonymousreply 361May 17, 2021 6:26 PM

R237 Enver was great on Dollhouse. If Joss was still with Marvel, maybe he would have given him a bigger part.

R260 Tahmoh works consistently. But heā€™s a very private person and i think there was a stalker at some point.

R271 Dougray is on Batwoman now šŸ˜†

by Anonymousreply 362May 18, 2021 7:11 AM

David Call.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363May 18, 2021 7:32 AM

Michael St. Gerard was hot

by Anonymousreply 364May 18, 2021 5:09 PM

R362, I read that about some actors who I suspect are fearful of social media more than they want to "protect their privacy." I suspect it may have more to do with their fear of looking foolish and ruining their mysterious handsome persona - which is admittedly a real concern. Sometimes these good looking actors who never became stars didn't become stars because they are hampered by boring personalities and not the brightest minds. That could easily be revealed on SM. Better to say nothing and protect your image.

by Anonymousreply 365May 18, 2021 5:52 PM

Thomas Wilson Brown (Honey, I Shrunk The Kids; Welcome Home Roxy Carmichael) missed his window of opportunity though he is an attractive man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366May 18, 2021 5:57 PM

More recent pic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367May 18, 2021 5:59 PM

R367, oh my. Better now. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 368May 18, 2021 6:01 PM

Trevor Donovan?

by Anonymousreply 369May 18, 2021 7:43 PM

Patrick Wilson...did he get tired of the Hollywood game? Isnā€™t he one of the few contemporary US actors who have a strong stage background.

by Anonymousreply 370May 19, 2021 12:50 AM

Luke Macfarlane.

by Anonymousreply 371May 19, 2021 4:54 AM

Bill Sage

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372May 19, 2021 2:30 PM

R353's Robert Burke & R372's Bill Sage co-starred in "Simple Men."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373May 19, 2021 2:40 PM

"Simple Men" was a vastly underrated movie -- offbeat story, great acting, a wonderfully strange dance scene, and very handsome men.

by Anonymousreply 374May 19, 2021 3:41 PM

Matthew Perryā€™s dad (left).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375May 19, 2021 10:35 PM

[Quote] I read that about some actors who I suspect are fearful of social media more than they want to "protect their privacy." I suspect it may have more to do with their fear of looking foolish and ruining their mysterious handsome persona - which is admittedly a real concern.

E.g Henry Cavill

by Anonymousreply 376May 20, 2021 4:06 AM

A truly beautiful man, R237.

by Anonymousreply 377May 25, 2021 10:17 AM

I always thought Scott was the one bum note in Ever After, R271. Brilliant film and Scott is a capable actor but he just didn't hit the spot on that occasion.

by Anonymousreply 378May 25, 2021 11:47 AM

Bruce Boxleitner. I always thought he was cute as a nerdy guy in Tron. He looked good in the sequel, too. Heā€™s a handsome older man.

Here he is in Tron on the right and Tron Legacy on the left.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379May 25, 2021 1:58 PM

Rick Rossovich...he seemed on the cusp after a string of successful films like The Lords of Discipline, Roxanne and Top Gun. He even had a tv show for a bit. But he hated Hollywood and now he flips houses or something like that...he was so beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380May 25, 2021 4:12 PM

Parker Young

by Anonymousreply 381May 25, 2021 5:55 PM

Pete Koch was a handsome actor, but his body was perfection (see "Heartbreak Ridge"). And he had one of the best backsides in the business.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382May 25, 2021 8:39 PM

Mario Van Peebles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383May 26, 2021 7:42 AM

And here he is at SIXTY years old, still lookin' great. With his son...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384May 26, 2021 7:43 AM

Oh my. Mario is better looking than his son.

by Anonymousreply 385May 26, 2021 8:26 AM

Mario aged really well

by Anonymousreply 386May 26, 2021 6:13 PM

Yup. Black don't crack.

by Anonymousreply 387May 27, 2021 12:29 AM

r379 Bruce Boxlietner was my pre-teen crush. I thought he was gorgeous on Scarecrow and Mrs. King. Mrs. King didn't deserve him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388May 27, 2021 12:43 AM

Matthew Fox was the lead in TWO hit TV shows, but never really became a 'name'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389May 27, 2021 7:04 AM

My horny teenaged self soiled countless bedsheets and towels on account of Lucky Vanous. My ideal man to this day even pushing 60. Glad he never married.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390May 27, 2021 7:08 AM

Fuck! Matthew Fox was pretty in Party of Five. Pity he turned out to be a misogynistic, homophobic, drug-addled alkie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391May 27, 2021 7:25 AM

R390, per his Wikipedia page, Lucky Vanous was married (to a woman) from 1989-1996.

by Anonymousreply 392May 27, 2021 7:45 AM

Keanuā€™s BFF and Dogstar band mate, Robert Mailhouse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393May 27, 2021 8:18 AM

Yeah, the fact that Matthew Fox appears to be an asshole may have something to do with why his career stalled.

by Anonymousreply 394May 27, 2021 10:30 AM

Is Keanu's buddy married?

by Anonymousreply 395May 27, 2021 2:45 PM

richard simmons

by Anonymousreply 396May 27, 2021 3:52 PM

I doubt that R394. He made ZILLIONS of of those two shows...especially 'Lost', so he never has to work again and could probably care less. All luck of course as no one really tuned in because of his participation...

by Anonymousreply 397May 31, 2021 7:14 AM

Two things can be true.

Matthew Fox was notoriously an asshole, R397.

by Anonymousreply 398May 31, 2021 7:18 AM

Matt Nolan from Boys Life: The Disco Years.

by Anonymousreply 399May 31, 2021 7:27 AM

Michael ontkean

by Anonymousreply 400May 31, 2021 7:32 AM

Michael Ontkean's downfall was quite swift after he kissed Harry Hamlin.

by Anonymousreply 401May 31, 2021 7:38 AM

Re: Michael ontkean from a Harry Hamlin interview

ā€œBefore the cameras rolled, however, Hamlin suggested to Ontkean they go for "a really kind of romantic, very soft, only slightly open-mouthed kiss."

Instead, he said Ontkean "put his hand behind my neck and came in and just shoved his tongue down my throat."

Sounds sexy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402May 31, 2021 7:55 AM

Iā€™d pick ontkean over Rinna wonder if he fantasises about that kiss.

by Anonymousreply 403May 31, 2021 7:57 AM

I wonder how many takes they had of the kissing scene and the subsequent sex scene.

by Anonymousreply 404May 31, 2021 8:12 AM

Henry Cavill

by Anonymousreply 405May 31, 2021 9:41 AM

Tom Welling

by Anonymousreply 406May 31, 2021 3:13 PM

R402, Harry's full of crap. What career? Clash of the TItans?

He'd be long forgotten if it hadn't been for L.A. Law.

by Anonymousreply 407June 1, 2021 4:56 AM

Johnny Messner, made a few "B" movies

Gordon Warnecke, co-star of Daniel Day-Lewis in "My Beautiful Launderette" was gorgeous but didn't age well.

Kent McCord, not much after "Adam-12"

Al Corley, "Dynasty" then obscurity

Josh Holloway, should have been a bigger star

Adam Rodriguez

Wilmer Valderamma

by Anonymousreply 408June 1, 2021 10:11 PM

Vincent Spano

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409June 1, 2021 11:10 PM

Brian Wimmer from "China Beach"; cute with a great body (he went shirtless a lot on that show)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410June 1, 2021 11:12 PM

Has Derek Theler been mentioned yet ? Because he should be - god damn

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411June 1, 2021 11:20 PM

Wimmer was a hottie

by Anonymousreply 412June 1, 2021 11:26 PM

I was hot for Wimmer, too.

R. E. Rodgers on Oz is gorgeous, and fully-frontal, as were many of the cast members, It was in every actors' Oz contract. It gave the director authority to film them naked at his request.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413June 2, 2021 12:40 AM

r413 His dick was big old flopping site when we finally saw him naked on OZ. I wanted him in me deeply.

by Anonymousreply 414June 2, 2021 2:29 AM

I remember the flopping, too!

Kirk Acevedo had a few full-frontals in Oz. He didn't become the star I thought he would. Boy, was he hot.

by Anonymousreply 415June 2, 2021 3:34 AM

I just rewatched The Opposite of Sex, and jeez, Ivan Sergei was hot in that. He still works, but he never became a big star.

by Anonymousreply 416June 2, 2021 4:02 AM

Jack Wagner

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417June 2, 2021 4:17 AM

The guy from Flash Gordon, Sam Jones? I think he was my first gay crush when I was a kid...those tiny leather pants. Apparently Queen Elizabeth watches that film every year with her grandparents which I find hilarious and awesome.

by Anonymousreply 418June 2, 2021 4:47 PM

Shea Farrell

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419June 2, 2021 6:26 PM

Lee Pace

by Anonymousreply 420June 2, 2021 6:52 PM

The always beautiful Greg Vaughan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421June 2, 2021 7:53 PM

Jamie Sheriden has bells palsy. It slowed down his career for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 422June 2, 2021 8:30 PM

[quote]Apparently Queen Elizabeth watches that film every year with her grandparents

Does she haul the TV down to the crypts?

by Anonymousreply 423June 2, 2021 8:33 PM

R418, here's the Playgirl shoot that Sam Jones did -- (lots of cock):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424June 3, 2021 12:30 PM

Some great choices on here, but also quite a few names who DID become 'stars'.

Tom Welling, Matthew Fox, Bruce Boxleitner, etc -- they all had and or are still having their time in the sun. None of them became George Clooney or Brad Pitt, but they were certainly stars on television.

by Anonymousreply 425June 4, 2021 12:24 AM

Kevin Conroy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426June 4, 2021 4:29 PM

r417 Jack Wagner is a notorious asshole who let fame go to his head Early with All I need and GH success. He treats people like shit.

by Anonymousreply 427June 5, 2021 2:37 AM

R426, He became a voice-acting star, so that's something.

by Anonymousreply 428June 5, 2021 5:00 PM

Eric Balfour...

If you want a hit TV series, don't hire him. Other than SIX FEET UNDER, what else was he in that was successful?

by Anonymousreply 429June 5, 2021 8:13 PM

R417 Well that partly explains why he didn't become a big star. That and his not great acting. But he was hot for a minute. When he had that terrible song out trying to be the next Rick Springield.

by Anonymousreply 430June 6, 2021 6:19 PM

Even though he's done quite well for himself, I would say Max Greenfield. He's such an outstanding actor whose talent warrants being cast in major roles (both comedic and dramatic) but he's mostly found his lane co-starring in other people's sitcoms. Not that there's anything wrong with that (whatever pays the bills) but I think he should have a bigger career.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431June 6, 2021 6:28 PM

Has Dale Midkiff been mentioned?

by Anonymousreply 432June 6, 2021 6:32 PM

Kevin Conroy's career was slowed down by illness which made his slight frame look very gaunt. Glad to see him doing well as the voice of Batman and looking well last year on the CW crossover.

by Anonymousreply 433June 6, 2021 6:35 PM

Kevin Anderson

by Anonymousreply 434June 6, 2021 6:50 PM

David Leon

by Anonymousreply 435July 26, 2021 12:23 AM

Barry Watson, so damn cute.

by Anonymousreply 436August 1, 2021 12:26 AM

Mike Vogel. So good looking but seems like the series he is in never go anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 437August 1, 2021 12:30 AM

Zeljko Ivanek

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438August 1, 2021 12:36 AM

Wyatt Knight from "Porky's" was a good choice. I believe he came to a sad end, though.

We could also include all the unsuccessful clients who were represented by agent Henry Wilsson in the Fifties and Sixties. (For every Rock Hudson, there was a Cal Boulder).

by Anonymousreply 439August 1, 2021 12:56 AM

R233 Some of my friends told me I looked like him and I lived off that high for a while. Of course he aged badly. I aged a little less badly but nobody ages all that well.

by Anonymousreply 440August 1, 2021 1:06 AM

Ahhh, Cal Bolder! Fuck me, Frankenstein! I had no idea he died 15 years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441August 1, 2021 1:39 AM

Barry Tubb

by Anonymousreply 442August 1, 2021 1:51 AM

Brian Wimmer from China Beach seemed destined for stardom.

by Anonymousreply 443August 1, 2021 1:53 AM

R443 I recall having the biggest crush on Brian Wimmer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444August 1, 2021 2:06 AM

Jason Gedrick

by Anonymousreply 445August 1, 2021 4:05 AM

Matt Lanter.

Absolutely gorgeous, films beautifully, and has that classic all-American look. Works fairly regularly, but nearly everything he does gets cancelled. Not a lot of range as an actor, and fairly limited (he has this thing when he acts where it's like he's doing this affected 'look I'm an actor' thing), but overall not that bad. I think the whole Evangelical Christian thing limits what he does, so he often picks boring "family" based projects that really don't show off what he's capable of, and what he's really got - which is the looks and body. And since he started doing voice-over work, he makes solid money there that doesn't push him to pursue harder/better on-screen material.

by Anonymousreply 446August 1, 2021 10:11 AM

[Quote] Absolutely gorgeous, films beautifully, and has that classic all-American look.

He does have the all-American look. Other than that....meh. I'm sure the bisexual thing limits his choice in roles too.

by Anonymousreply 447August 1, 2021 11:00 AM

Lanter says heā€™s bi? I had no idea. I thought he has always claimed to be straight (but then Iā€™ve never followed his career that closely ā€” or rather make that not at all).

by Anonymousreply 448August 1, 2021 11:18 AM

R448 lol no he's never said that. But that man ain't straight.

by Anonymousreply 449August 1, 2021 11:34 AM

Not really trying to swim against the stream here but Hart Bochner (son of Dynasty's Lloyd Bochner) never did anything for me. Neither did another favorite, Matt Bomer. I actually think some of these guys lack star quality because they look like old time Sears Roebuck models but they don't have interesting faces at all.

by Anonymousreply 450August 1, 2021 1:02 PM

Eddie Mecca

by Anonymousreply 451August 1, 2021 1:26 PM

Matt Adler had some momentum in the 80s, appearing in several films, most notably NORTH SHORE in which he was the lead. He seems to primarily do voice acting now although even that is sporadic. Heā€™s been married to Laura San Giacomo since 2000.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452August 1, 2021 4:29 PM

Breckin Meyer

by Anonymousreply 453August 1, 2021 4:38 PM

Vhhh

by Anonymousreply 454August 1, 2021 6:43 PM

Greg Evigan

by Anonymousreply 455August 1, 2021 8:46 PM

Sam Robards

by Anonymousreply 456August 1, 2021 8:56 PM

Adrian Pasdar

by Anonymousreply 457August 1, 2021 8:57 PM

Tom Drake, the "boy next door".

by Anonymousreply 458August 2, 2021 1:40 AM

I'm sure the fact that he was gay hurt Drake's career

by Anonymousreply 459August 2, 2021 1:41 AM

If we're talking strictly looks here, Milo Ventimiglia should be a huge star because physically he's absolutely beautiful. But then, so was Gregory Harrison back in the day and it did not take him far beyond the confines of television.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460August 2, 2021 2:21 AM

R450 exactly. Bradford dillman and Jeffrey Hunter and John gavin belong in this category. Good looking actors but lacking that certain thing that would make them stand out more.

by Anonymousreply 461August 2, 2021 4:35 AM

Dana Ashbrook

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462August 2, 2021 6:27 AM

Does Paul Rudd count? While heā€™s known and I know he headlines ā€œant manā€ heā€™s somehow still not that big a star, is he? While Adam driver is working with the best of the best for example, I struggle to find good films that Paul Rudd has been in. I do like him by the way but frustrated that his output is not that aligned with my tastes.

by Anonymousreply 463August 2, 2021 7:16 AM

They're not a-list but both Adrian and Milo have worked consistently since Heroes ended.

by Anonymousreply 464August 2, 2021 7:20 AM

Sam Robards really was adorable in the Paul Mazursky film Tempest. And his body was hot as hell. I have a feeling he turned down a lot of teen films which could have made him a star.

by Anonymousreply 465August 2, 2021 1:34 PM

R461 Thanks for agreeing with me. But I have to take exception to Jeffrey Hunter, he was really a standout in some things (The Searchers, The Frogmen, for ex). He was more of a character actor who had leading-man looks. Maybe if he'd lived longer he'd have been more popular as an older man.

by Anonymousreply 466August 2, 2021 5:29 PM

James Healey from Dynasty. Being arrested for assault pretty much ended his career

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467August 4, 2021 4:27 AM

Not sure why Tim matheson is on this list. As mentioned above heā€™s worked for 60 years and works steadily.

Breckin Meyer is very cute but not a star. Plus heā€™s tiny like 5ā€™3.

by Anonymousreply 468August 4, 2021 5:28 AM

[quote]Not sure why Tim matheson is on this list

R468 Because he never became a star. The theme of the thread is "Good looking actors who never became stars".

[quote]As mentioned above heā€™s worked for 60 years and works steadily.

And never became a star.

[quote]Breckin Meyer is very cute but not a star.

Hence, his inclusion on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 469August 4, 2021 12:28 PM

Well, thereā€˜s onlyfans nowadaysā€¦.

by Anonymousreply 470August 4, 2021 8:49 PM

Robert Webber

by Anonymousreply 471August 4, 2021 8:58 PM

Tim Matheson is a star. Most of these guys have been long forgotten. Animal house sealed Matheson into a the pop culture zeitgeist.

by Anonymousreply 472August 4, 2021 9:09 PM

Donā€™t be tiresome, R472. He never became a star like his contemporary Richard Gere did. Nowhere close.

by Anonymousreply 473August 4, 2021 9:42 PM

Tim was no star after what he did to me (read the book).

by Anonymousreply 474August 4, 2021 11:50 PM

[quote] Milo Ventimiglia should be a huge star because physically he's absolutely beautiful.

Inverted nipples and a nerve issue preventing him from moving his lip properly. I think he's cute but I can see how people wouldn't. He is offsetting a lot of that now by being bulked up and well worked out.

[quote]Dana Ashbrook

I haven't seen him in a few years but he was very attractive in person the last time I dealt with him.

[quote]Does Paul Rudd count? While heā€™s known and I know he headlines ā€œant manā€ heā€™s somehow still not that big a star, is he? While Adam driver is working with the best of the best for example, I struggle to find good films that Paul Rudd has been in.

He is a star. He's no Nicole Kidman or Kate Winslett BUT he was never going to be that. They're dramatic actors. Adam Driver is a dramatic actor. He fits in with that group.

Paul Rudd is a comedic actor so he's automatically in a whole different group. Wouldn't even be nominated in the same category as the others.

Paul Rudd is a star in the way that Ryan Reynolds, Chris Pratt, Seth Rogen or Owen Wilson is. He is comfortably an A-/B+ List Comedy actor.

by Anonymousreply 475August 5, 2021 2:18 AM

Sean Faris , 39, good looking guy whoā€™s worked steadily since 2001. Unfortunately, heā€™s going the tattoo route that so many other dummies are as well these days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476August 5, 2021 2:52 AM

R332 Frank Langella cruised me a few times in NYC. I always assumed even before being cruised that he was gay. He must have lived on the UWS because it happened a couple on upper Broadway and another time in the theater district on a night that I had seen him in either Match or Frost/Nixon. Talented, tall actor who resembled Gore Vidal somewhat. This was late 90s/early 2000s. Never bought that he dated Whoopi Goldberg!

by Anonymousreply 477August 5, 2021 3:00 AM

Kyle Howard was so fucking cute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478August 5, 2021 3:11 AM

R12 William McNamara is a sex addict. He told his story in this book.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479August 5, 2021 3:17 AM

I thought Al Santos would have gotten more mileage from the t.v. show GROSSE POINT (2000-2001). It was a smart show with a strong cast and good writing. One of the running gags was that the showā€™s ā€œfatherā€ lusted after Santosā€™ Johnny. Other than appearing as one of the victims in JEEPERS CREEPERS 2 his career never got off the ground.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480August 5, 2021 3:39 AM

I loved Grosse Pointe, too. Whatever happened to Irene Malloy? I wonder if Al Santos changed his name. Thatā€™s a name for an old character actor, not a hot young dude.

by Anonymousreply 481August 5, 2021 4:02 AM

R481, Al is short for Alfredo Santos. He's Portuguese. Irene Malloy quit acting years ago. She has been focusing on music writing/performing/teaching and directing and writing musicals.

by Anonymousreply 482August 5, 2021 4:11 AM

I loved Kyle on Orange County and don't think heā€™s had much attention since dating LC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483August 5, 2021 4:32 AM

Long thread.

Has anyone mentioned Ken Olandt?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484August 5, 2021 7:02 PM

Not to be confused with Ken Olin who was adorable before he got fat.

by Anonymousreply 485August 5, 2021 7:04 PM

R484 I think he was mentioned. I haven't read the whole thread, either. Speaking of Orange County, what about some of the actors on The OC? If they've already been mentioned, sorry. Also, Linden Ashby (on Melrose Place) was very good looking, never became a star, last big role was as Sheriff Stilinski on Teen Wolf, where he was still kinda a hot older dilf.

by Anonymousreply 486August 5, 2021 7:07 PM

Yes, Ken O. was mentioned by more than one of us.

by Anonymousreply 487August 6, 2021 12:23 AM

R486, Out of Rachel Bilson, Mischa Barton, Adam Brody, Ben McKenzie, Olivia Wilde, etc.? Olivia Wilde's personal life has taken center stage for quite a while after Mischa straightened herself out. I think the real disappointment was Adam Brody who seemed to be on his way for a while then started flopping once he was done with Scream 4. It seems like Ben McKenzie ended up having the most solid career in things people have seen but like the rest of them he never became a "star." He at least has been the lead on more than one long-running series following up the OC with Southland and Gotham.

Speaking of that time period, "That 70s Show" gave us Ashton Kutcher who became a notch below a big star (thanks to Demi Moore) but not necessarily for his work, while Topher Grace was the disappointment there even if he had a good start. Other cast members have worked, some even consistently, but they never made it in that way.

by Anonymousreply 488August 6, 2021 3:06 AM

R488 I thought they were all pretty bad on ā€œthe ocā€ from the very beginning. In ā€œfriendsā€ it took a few seasons for them to start phoning it in, but they seemed to phone it in from the beginning on ā€œthe ocā€. Iā€™m not surprised none of them went on to much more, mischa seemed more destined for model type endorsements rather than movie stardom, as far as Iā€™m concerned bilson and mckenzie are rather forgettable and Brody is simply a character actor.

by Anonymousreply 489August 6, 2021 3:13 AM

R489, I felt the exact same way about everything you said. I'm still surprised Ben McKenzie has had such a great tv career.

Jennifer Aniston, of course, became a star and Courtney Cox at least had a solid A-/B-list film career even if she never reached her full potential. I think Jennifer was always going to end up a TV star since she had been on that path even before Friends until her relationship (and the end of it) with Brad Pitt catapulted her upwards.

by Anonymousreply 490August 6, 2021 3:27 AM

[Quote] Also, Linden Ashby (on Melrose Place) was very good looking, never became a star, last big role was as Sheriff Stilinski on Teen Wolf, where he was still kinda a hot older dilf.

He'll forever be known as Johnny Cage from Mortal Kombat. But i liked Linden on Teen Wolf.

[Quote] but they seemed to phone it in from the beginning on ā€œthe ocā€. Iā€™m not surprised none of them went on to much more, mischa seemed more destined for model type endorsements rather than movie stardom, as far as Iā€™m concerned bilson and mckenzie are rather forgettable and Brody is simply a character actor.

That's because they were over it by the time season 2 started. They all got big heads and acted like divas on set. Rachel's always worked consistently on TV. But Ben had Gotham and now Adam's part of the Shazam movies.

by Anonymousreply 491August 6, 2021 7:15 AM

[quote]He'll forever be known as Johnny Cage from Mortal Kombat. But i liked Linden on Teen Wolf.

That's true. Anyhow even on Teen Wolf he was still good looking as an older guy.

by Anonymousreply 492August 6, 2021 3:03 PM

R492 everyone on Teen Wolf was good looking (except Gerard) šŸ˜„

by Anonymousreply 493August 6, 2021 4:34 PM

Steve Lyon from Campus Man & some other things.

He looked better than Arnold, acted better than Arnold & was younger than Arnold.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494August 7, 2021 12:50 AM

Nick Kiriazis who played Father Antonio on Sunset Beach =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495August 7, 2021 12:56 AM

Also SB's Nick Stabile -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496August 7, 2021 12:59 AM

I thought sex god Adrian Bellani would've been a big famous action star by now...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497August 7, 2021 1:04 AM

Rick Rossovich

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498August 7, 2021 1:05 AM

Robert F. Lyons (from The Todd Killings)

by Anonymousreply 499August 7, 2021 1:34 AM

I was watching TCM last night, and they had a marathon of the Agatha Christie "Miss Marple" movies of the early Sixties. Of course, Margaret Rutherford appeared in all four films, but so did an actor named Charles Tingwell, who played the exasperated, but helpful, police inspector. I guess most DLers would find him to be a typical character actor of British movies of that decade, but I found him to be extremely handsome in a wholesome sorta way.

by Anonymousreply 500August 7, 2021 1:38 AM

I mentioned this in one of the gossip threads, but I had a friend who worked on The O.C., and he said that McKenzie and Brody started phoning it in early. Brody wanted a film career and thought that the show was holding him back, while McKenzie only cared about using his then-new fame to get into clubs and pick up girls. He also said that Barton didn't leave by choice, like she claimed, but was fired due to drug issues.

He had nothing but good things to say about Rachel Bilson.

by Anonymousreply 501August 7, 2021 2:26 AM

I just could never get into ā€œthe OCā€ it just seemed like everybody on that show was bored and it was just the same tired tropes that weā€™ve seen before and that annoying phantom planet theme song.

by Anonymousreply 502August 7, 2021 7:19 AM

[quote]I just could never get into ā€œthe OCā€ it just seemed like everybody on that show was bored and it was just the same tired tropes that weā€™ve seen before and that annoying phantom planet theme song.

I'm the one who brought the show up. I agree with you. I only watched a few episodes. I'm actually rather glad the actors didn't become stars because they lacked something. Maybe R501's post explains some of it. I was a young teen and thought the show was a little too cold and cynical for me, and I didn't think the characters had teen experiences -- though I think the critics considered it the antidote to "sappy" 90210.

by Anonymousreply 503August 7, 2021 1:40 PM

Michael Woods

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504August 7, 2021 1:46 PM

Craig Sheffer. Wouldn't call him super handsome but def good looking an a good actor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505August 7, 2021 2:07 PM

*and

by Anonymousreply 506August 7, 2021 2:07 PM

The OC burned through storylines very quickly and became repetitive by the end. The love triangles were out of control.

And i fucking hated Craig on Some Kind Of Wonderful. But i loved him and hated Paul Johansson on OTH.

by Anonymousreply 507August 7, 2021 6:39 PM

R105 Andy Warhol interviewed Spilsbury during his promotion tour, later describing the interview as "nutty," because Spilsbury was "blowing his whole image" during their conversation. Spilsbury told Warhol that, before making the movie, he had been an art student married to a rich woman and that they had a baby together. He went on to state she had left him because he needed too much time with his own thoughts, a detail that Warhol found amusing. Spilsbury told Warhol that he was a friend of actor Dennis Christopher and had fallen in love with him, and that he also had later fallen in love with actor Bud Cort. Warhol described Spilsbury as "very drunk" during the latter part of the interview, and the latter also mentioned that "he'd been picked up by Halston and woke up in bed with Halston."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508October 16, 2021 2:20 AM

Do people look at the active thread list? I found this thread via a Google search a little while ago and now it suddenly has a new reply.

by Anonymousreply 509October 16, 2021 2:26 AM

In my alternative universe, Klinton Spilsbury is living with Michael Schoeffling. And their closest friend is Lisa Gerritsen.

by Anonymousreply 510October 16, 2021 3:30 AM

Frederick Weller. After his turn in Stonewall (1995), I expected big things to happen for him. Nope. Ain't that the story for 99% of Hollywood. I guess no one saw the movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511October 16, 2021 3:42 AM

R459, that, and the fact that he had the charisma of wet cardboard.

by Anonymousreply 512October 16, 2021 5:08 AM

Paolo Montalban. Started at the top...and...........

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513October 16, 2021 5:10 AM

Well, since people are now mentioning soap actors, I'm surprised Robert Tyler didn't work any other than a few bit parts after leaving Loving. Even more so, I'm surprised no other soap pursued him for a role. He was pretty popular.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514October 16, 2021 5:25 AM

Doesn't this thread make you appreciate that we all have TimothƩe!

by Anonymousreply 515October 16, 2021 9:52 AM

R515, Did you miss the "Good looking" part in the title?

by Anonymousreply 516October 16, 2021 2:42 PM

And now that we're at it, what about Ryan Kwanten?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517October 31, 2021 8:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!