Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What do we know about Tom Ford as a person?

We know: *He's gay. *He's still with his husband of many years, who is not only older than him but who looks like the undead. *He's still handsome, and he was even handsomer when he was young. *He is incredibly talented as a clothing designer. *He is a superb marketer of clothing and perfume, and has become very rich off both ventures. *He's quite vain and stuck-up. (Sorry, TF fans: it's true.) *He's from East Bumfucke, Texas. *He makes movies that are (perhaps predictably) visually remarkable but often empty.

What else do we know about him? Any anecdotes, any personal stories? Does he cheat on his husband? What's his stock like now in Hollywood given that his movies don't do very well at the box office? And finally, does he (like so many other successful gay male designers over the last 75 years) do a lot of drugs?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282July 24, 2022 6:09 AM

His namesake brand is kinda whatevz

by Anonymousreply 1May 6, 2021 11:09 PM

I know that I would let him jizz in my face. I don't know much else about his, other than that he ran Gucci for awhile, and he has some great, overpriced fragrances.

by Anonymousreply 2May 6, 2021 11:13 PM

I vaguely recall drug rumors about him. His creepy looking ghoul husband wasn't too bad looking when he was younger.

by Anonymousreply 3May 6, 2021 11:14 PM

It's too bad he left Gucci - he saved it and it's never been the same since he left. On the flips side, his own brands are decidedly meh.

That combination was a clear example of the whole being greater than the sum of its parts.

by Anonymousreply 4May 6, 2021 11:16 PM

His movies suck

by Anonymousreply 5May 6, 2021 11:19 PM

Seems mean (unkind). Kind of ugly and handsome at the same time. I do like his style (not fussy, etc.).

by Anonymousreply 6May 6, 2021 11:20 PM

I'm really over him and the amount of press he constantly he craves. CAA got up his ass, and we were all forced to read ridiculous articles about how he was going to take Hollywood by storm and become the next Orson Welles. His movies are painful to sit through -- as cold and arid as his designs.

by Anonymousreply 7May 6, 2021 11:22 PM

Everyone says I should remember him from college, but I really cannot. He lived in Weinstein.

by Anonymousreply 8May 6, 2021 11:23 PM

His work for Gucci was superb, but his work for his own label is so tacky.

Wherever he goes, he looks like a haughty visiting prince who is just about to order that some offending peasant be killed.

by Anonymousreply 9May 6, 2021 11:27 PM

His fashion is a rip off of Versace. He’s boring.

by Anonymousreply 10May 6, 2021 11:28 PM

I'd imagine Tom Ford never orders dishes just as they are on the menu, but always tries to get them to make dishes he creates out of his head, then acts fussy about it all.

I just made that up, but I bet it's true!

by Anonymousreply 11May 6, 2021 11:33 PM

His are the only makeovers I enjoy (especially this one). The repeated references to the subject’s astrological sign is somewhat embarrassing. I cannot abide when people ascribe any trait to me because I’m a whatever. So banal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 6, 2021 11:43 PM

I enjoy his clothing. It’s the St. Paul prep uniform of older rich guys - much like Donna Karan pre IPO.

I appreciate his No-Shorts rule for urban dress. I forget what magazine gave a run down on his typical day, but it required something like a 4am soak then shower followed by bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. This is an 80 work-hour person, so I won’t pretend we’d ever have anything in common.

by Anonymousreply 13May 6, 2021 11:47 PM

The no shorts in cities thing is arbitrary and dumb. It’s dependent on climate and function more than anything.

by Anonymousreply 14May 7, 2021 12:06 AM

I really like his movies. But I usually like visuals and empty movies a la Sofia Coppola. So maybe that’s it.

by Anonymousreply 15May 7, 2021 12:14 AM

He stuck a bottle of his perfume in a male model's anus for an ad campaign.

by Anonymousreply 16May 7, 2021 12:27 AM

There was an article about him recently (past 2-3 years) where it talked about how he had a table at a certain bar in LA (probably Chateau or Soho House) and how he was very fussy about the lighting and had the management change it so that he was lit from the back (or the front or the side, I forget) because he felt it was more flattering.

And I thought to myself, dear Lord, if I ever become that incredibly vain, please have someone shoot me.

And then I thought some more and realized, "Wait! He is 57, has a young child and yet frequents trendy bars so often he even has his own booth at one of them. Please Lord, let me be happy and at peace with myself when I get to be that old and doing anything but hanging out in trendy bars."

That seems to sum him up.

by Anonymousreply 17May 7, 2021 12:37 AM

[quote] please have someone shoot me.

Someone please shoot that asshole.

by Anonymousreply 18May 7, 2021 12:42 AM

His husband is truly sickly looking

by Anonymousreply 19May 7, 2021 12:44 AM

He definitely wanted to fuck the Spanish guy in the video at R12 and those white jeans were a level of tight you only see in movies from the 1960s and 70s

by Anonymousreply 20May 7, 2021 12:45 AM

He looks great at the picture in the link the one of him on the sofa, for some reason the picture I am talking about and is the first picture at the link is not the picture below

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 7, 2021 1:01 AM

No lips

by Anonymousreply 22May 7, 2021 1:04 AM

Beady eyes...

by Anonymousreply 23May 7, 2021 1:07 AM

Wanted to add that Ford himself was the source of the story about the booth and the lighting at R17, not some gossipy waitress.. He was quite proud of it--found the link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 7, 2021 1:07 AM

A collection of photographs is not a movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 7, 2021 1:13 AM

A little more Googling reveals this is a favorite story of Ford's, one that he repeated to (oddly enough) Maureen Dowd. (I was wondering how I came to be reading W magazine--nothing against it, just not on my usual list.)

[quote] “At Tower Bar, if you go to my table, the corner table at the back, there are these overhead spots and on mine it’s blacked out, because I told them, ‘You have to get rid of that spot or I’m not going to come here. No overhead lights.’”

[quote] Jeff Klein, Mr. Ford’s friend who is the hotelier behind both the bungalows and the Sunset Tower hotel where the Tower Bar is, called an electrician to put in a special switch for Mr. Ford’s table, which can be flipped off when he’s on his way.

[quote] “Why, oh my God, overhead light,” Mr. Ford continued, warming to the subject, “where your brow is going to create shadow right there, your nose is going to create a shadow like this, you look like hell, you look like you have no hair, even if you have a lot of hair. Nobody looks good in overhead lighting.

[quote] “That’s why I don’t go to Barry and Diane’s lunch party,” he confided, referring to one of the most coveted invitations in Hollywood, on Oscar weekend at the Coldwater Canyon mansion of Barry Diller and Diane von Furstenberg. “I don’t like the middle of the day. Take a picture at noon, anywhere in the world. You’re going to look like hell — hell. Everybody looks like hell. Unless you’re 18, maybe, or under. Even then you don’t look your best. I like daylight, but not to go out in public.”

I mean imagine being that vain, that you won't go to a friend's party because you're afraid you'd look bad in the photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 7, 2021 1:14 AM

I like him. Should he transition, Datalounge? Maybe you’d like her then.

by Anonymousreply 27May 7, 2021 1:15 AM

Tom Ford picked up the late Betsy Bloomingdale's Holmby Hills estate for $38.75 million, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

by Anonymousreply 28May 7, 2021 1:18 AM

He loves great, big fat women dancing around naked.

by Anonymousreply 29May 7, 2021 1:20 AM

He's pissy to his landscaping crews.

by Anonymousreply 30May 7, 2021 1:26 AM

Nocturnal Animals was horrifyingly bad.

by Anonymousreply 31May 7, 2021 1:27 AM

He mostly dresses tacky Russian oligarchs.

by Anonymousreply 32May 7, 2021 1:30 AM

We know he thinks every gay man should try pussy.

by Anonymousreply 33May 7, 2021 1:30 AM

I remember reading a Vanity Fair article years ago that Ford spent a lot of time and money of his mega ranch in TX, and that was pissed off that John Deere tractors didn’t come in black. I thought what a silly thing to admit to VF.

by Anonymousreply 34May 7, 2021 2:09 AM

Gay? He often talks about how he used to fuck women all the time actually.

by Anonymousreply 35May 7, 2021 2:30 AM

R26 he can think that, but he probably shouldn’t say it. Now all I want to do is try and find unflattering pictures of him where he stumbled under bad lighting to see why he’s so scared of it. Life isn’t a movie set, you can’t control the lighting all the time.

He sounds insufferable with all these rules about how he will and won’t be seen and of course it will be insupportable the older he gets which will drive him crazy. Seems like he’s doing his bit to make men feel as insecure as women of a certain age so he can hawk his male beauty range.

by Anonymousreply 36May 7, 2021 2:38 AM

It was Harper's Bazaar that published his "daily schedule."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 7, 2021 3:02 AM

He doesn't wear underwear because it "ruins the profile" or something like that. So he's always commando.

by Anonymousreply 38May 7, 2021 3:26 AM

[quote]‘You have to get rid of that spot or I’m not going to come here. No overhead lights.’”

If Tom's "friend" Jeff Klein had balls he'd tell Tom, "Here's your bill, after you pay it I'd suggest finding a place with better lighting."

by Anonymousreply 39May 7, 2021 3:26 AM

How are his films bad? Nocturnal Animals is one the best films from the last decade. So intense, wild movie.

His first film is ok, but NA is incredible.

by Anonymousreply 40May 7, 2021 3:56 AM

He bathes 4 times a day. Sounds very OCD and high maintenance.

He always presents as a well-groomed gentleman, but I never found him attractive. He has cold eyes and takes himself too seriously.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41May 7, 2021 4:05 AM

I know no one who's seen Nocturnal Animals.

by Anonymousreply 42May 7, 2021 4:05 AM

Doesn't frequent bathing fuck up your skin?

by Anonymousreply 43May 7, 2021 4:08 AM

^ He probably slathers on moisturizer and body lotion afterwards, to offset any damage.

by Anonymousreply 44May 7, 2021 4:11 AM

He wears a fucking wig. That being said, his eyeglasses are pretty nice

by Anonymousreply 45May 7, 2021 4:14 AM

He was very attractive when he was younger:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46May 7, 2021 4:20 AM

Well he's certainly better looking than Kevin Spacey who he resembles.

by Anonymousreply 47May 7, 2021 4:21 AM

Young:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 7, 2021 4:22 AM

I like him. I will avoid overhead lighting from now on.

by Anonymousreply 49May 7, 2021 4:24 AM

Thomas Ford is his real name. He wasn't born Thomas Lipschitz.

by Anonymousreply 50May 7, 2021 4:27 AM

Overhead lighting is unforgivable anyway. I agree with him.

by Anonymousreply 51May 7, 2021 4:28 AM

He’s going to be 60 this year. That means they won’t be allowed to regurgitate that same interview from GQ/Harper’s.

He’ll have to develop a public persona and the open slot in the void is Karl Lagerfeld’s. He’ll need to cuddle up to Drew Droege. If Drew refuses to return his calls, he’ll have to settle for Chloe Sevigny and Mike Balzary.

by Anonymousreply 52May 7, 2021 4:33 AM

Tom Ford needs to stop dressing like a trendy mortician.

by Anonymousreply 53May 7, 2021 5:04 AM

I met both Tom Ford and Marc Jacobs at work in London. I found both of them very friendly, but bland and super boring.

by Anonymousreply 54May 7, 2021 5:15 AM

I reject OP's truism that Tom Ford is and has always been handsome.

As for Marc Jacobs, I knew him when he was chubby and he was very cute in that phase. And I don't often like chubby guys.

by Anonymousreply 55May 7, 2021 5:18 AM

His pussy stinks.

by Anonymousreply 56May 7, 2021 5:22 AM

Tom’s black beard matches his hair that matches his coat that matches his tie that matches his pants that matches his shoes.

Ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 57May 7, 2021 9:49 PM

He did more than anyone to remake Gucci as a modern brand but his own label seems like a stodgy, classist throwback.

by Anonymousreply 58May 7, 2021 10:08 PM

He’s pretentious and boring, just like his best friend Lisa Eisner.

by Anonymousreply 59May 7, 2021 10:12 PM

R14 here. Sweating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60May 7, 2021 10:28 PM

He seems like he's actively trying to be an enigma, which works against being an enigma.

by Anonymousreply 61May 7, 2021 10:38 PM

He's one of those fluid men who is really bisexual. So there's that.

by Anonymousreply 62May 7, 2021 11:38 PM

Yeah, he seems unrelatable on every level.

I imagine extravagantly successful wealthy people are nothing like you and me, because in my experience with them, they aren't.

by Anonymousreply 63May 7, 2021 11:47 PM

That's not even remotely true R63

While there are more freaks like Ford in the arts and fashion than in other areas, even in the arts, most "extravagantly successful wealthy people" are pretty normal

by Anonymousreply 64May 8, 2021 12:21 AM

That has not been my experience r64, so you calling it "wrong" is bizarre.

Please feel free to experience your own life and not mine.

by Anonymousreply 65May 8, 2021 4:06 AM

Ford has classic Narcissistic OCD.

by Anonymousreply 66May 8, 2021 7:54 PM

I love Ford despite the fact he comes across as everything people have already perceived on this thread. The only time I have taken issue with his pretentiousness was when GQ did a profile on him and he wouldn't allow his then 2-year old son wear dinosaur shoes because they were tacky. I guess he wants a mini-me despite a child version of Tom Ford is tragic.

by Anonymousreply 67May 8, 2021 8:01 PM

His makeovers always feature people who barely need them.

He dresses male models.in opera pumps but would never wear them himself.

His silk socks cost $200.

by Anonymousreply 68May 8, 2021 8:06 PM

So I read through this thread and suddenly thought, Tom Ford reminds me of the Pet Shop Boys. There's something so calculated, really well (but) over-produced and mechanical about them.

Now, I really like the PSB, but they always seem so perfectly presented... not a note out of place and the stories they tell in their songs always feel so supeficial, but somehow I think of them as "deep' on first listen.

Like their song "Rent."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69May 8, 2021 8:27 PM

Or their PSB's "Left to My Own Devices."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70May 8, 2021 8:32 PM

Stop hijacking the thread, Neil.

by Anonymousreply 71May 8, 2021 8:43 PM

He makes my skin crawl.

by Anonymousreply 72May 8, 2021 8:57 PM

The Pet Shop Boys have a sense of humour.

by Anonymousreply 73May 8, 2021 9:07 PM

His life in 24 hours sounds incredibly dull and joyless, for someone with so much at his disposal.

Which, when you think about, pretty much describes his aesthetic.

by Anonymousreply 74May 8, 2021 9:11 PM

Hey R10 ("His fashion is a rip off of Versace") - You're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 75May 8, 2021 9:45 PM

Why drag PSB into this, Rosalind Krauss?

by Anonymousreply 76May 9, 2021 2:14 AM

The only thing that redeems him from being a vapod fashion whore is his long term marriage to an eldergay. The most interesting thing about him.

by Anonymousreply 77May 9, 2021 2:48 AM

In his Buffalo Bill moments, he's pretending he's Anna Wintour.

by Anonymousreply 78May 9, 2021 3:24 AM

A little off topic, i was visiting/hanging out with my best friend of 30 years, when he mentioned he got a really good bonus last year and decided to make a splurge purchase. He and i both work in entertainment field and both have to dress very well at our respective jobs. I do it within a limited budget but “John” can go a little overboard . So John goes to his closet and pulls out a short suede jacket, I say that’s really nice but then i see the label and it's “Tom Ford”, and I’m - you’re fucking crazy, that that jacket is $4,000! And he just says i really liked and i had the money so i bought. Me - you’re really sane. That’s the price of a nice little vacation.

When i got home i googled the jacket to show my husband and was completely wowed when i saw the actual price of $8,000, and with LA’s high sales tax it comes to almost $9,000. And the best part, he hasn’t worn it yet. because the jacket is such a light color he’s concerned if he wore to a party or some social function someone might spill something on it, and suede is not very forgiving when it comes to stains.

The Tom Ford label is ridiculously way over priced.

by Anonymousreply 79May 9, 2021 3:46 AM

Well, at least it IS leather!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80May 9, 2021 3:49 AM

Whatever happened to Ford’s nudes? They seem to have vanished.

by Anonymousreply 81May 9, 2021 3:52 AM

"The Tom Ford label is ridiculously way over priced. " "[B]ut his own label seems like a stodgy, classist throwback."

But, isn't that sort of the point. I don't think he's aiming for bulk sales - instead focusing on high price and an air of exclusivity - unobtainable luxury for most. Brands have been doing it forever in lieu of lowering prices, producing other lines for the masses.

by Anonymousreply 82May 9, 2021 4:14 AM

Repugs went crazy when this all happened...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83May 9, 2021 4:29 AM

I'd never be friends with him. He doesn't look fun.

by Anonymousreply 84May 9, 2021 4:41 AM

Both Tom Ford and Nicole Kidman have this stiffness about them, like they never relax or have never relaxed in fact in their lives. They always look like they're hanging by a thread of someone finding a big secret about them or something. Not that I think there's any secret, it's juts how it feels like.

Imagine having a father that won't allow you to put on some fun dino shoes because he thinks it's tacky. Ford ir for a rude awakening trying to play doll with his kid. He'll grow up a rebel, can't wait not to care.

by Anonymousreply 85May 9, 2021 4:49 AM

R77 I can only imagine what a chore it must be to go out with Tom Ford as an “elder gay” when Ford himself is so concerned about things like overhead lighting and ageing…

by Anonymousreply 86May 9, 2021 5:00 AM

Well, we know that he, as a life form, has order, is sensitive to or responds to the environment, is capable of reproduction, grows and develops, and engages in regulation, homeostasis, and energy processing.

by Anonymousreply 87May 9, 2021 5:14 AM

YSL hated his fucking guts, and he was strung out half the time...his work at YSL. was DREADFUL, and he really doesn’t talk about that period in his career very much

by Anonymousreply 88May 9, 2021 6:35 AM

What I like about Tom Ford the person is that he is crazy, OCD/ADD and he's completely open about it. He's completely unfiltered which he balances a lot of pretension with self deprecation. He's a gay to look up to.

I don't like the cut of Tom Fords clothes. The lapels feel too big, it's a little too 70's, but it works for some people. I will a basic Prada cut, but a few Tom Ford accessories like shoes and a timeless jacket are nice staples to have.

by Anonymousreply 89May 9, 2021 6:58 AM

His forehead has got a bad case of the Botox.

by Anonymousreply 90May 9, 2021 7:00 AM

R79 - choose a tense and stick to it! Past, present - what ever works for you.

by Anonymousreply 91May 9, 2021 7:15 AM

Tom Ford has a huge, meaty phallus

by Anonymousreply 92May 9, 2021 8:01 AM

I liked Nocturnal Animals and thought JG was really good in it. I didn’t know Tom was so handsome when he was young! You know he desperately mourns the locks of his younger years.

by Anonymousreply 93May 9, 2021 8:20 AM

I just hope his partner is hiding a petty, venomous cunt under that sweet public persona.

“Some cretin used a leaf blower today. I sensed it! I paid hoodlums to throw glass jars of mayonnaise at his head! Hit him twice! HAH!”

by Anonymousreply 94May 9, 2021 10:01 AM

[quote] I don't like the cut of Tom Fords clothes. The lapels feel too big, it's a little too 70's, but it works for some people. I will a basic Prada cut, but a few Tom Ford accessories like shoes and a timeless jacket are nice staples to have.

And so where are you on all of DL's many fashion threads, all of which rapidly devolve into finding "a nice pair of classic khakis" at The Men's Wearhouse?

by Anonymousreply 95May 9, 2021 11:22 AM

Other than R79's friend and a few random Eldergays, most of high end trendy designer goods people like Ford sell are bought by Chinese and Gulf Arabs.

It's become something of a bind for them, because as that's happened it's become increasingly uncool for Americans and Western Europeans to wear those brands, lest they look like some nouveau riche Chinese.

It started out by brands like Gucci selling ridiculous looking, spot-the-logo-from-a-mile-away $3K sweatshirts to the aforementioned Chinese and Arabs but was a slippery slope to suits, dress shirts and even suede jackets.

by Anonymousreply 96May 9, 2021 11:28 AM

[quote]The no shorts in cities thing is arbitrary and dumb. It’s dependent on climate and function more than anything.

The "no shorts in cities" thing bothers me too. Fran Lebowitz, who I love, is also against shorts. Sorry, when it's boiling hot out and you could bake bread on the sidewalk, I'm wearing shorts. Also, I'm not going to change into shorts when I go to my gym that's three blocks away, then change back into pants when I leave. That's just silly.

by Anonymousreply 97May 9, 2021 2:36 PM

I know shorts are inappropriate for my age - but I’m also at an age where I don’t give AF. Whatever - if it’s hot, I’m wearing shorts. I’m not looking for applause.

by Anonymousreply 98May 9, 2021 2:41 PM

I think the no shorts thing is from Europe. It can be 35 degrees in Rome and only little kids wear shorts.

by Anonymousreply 99May 9, 2021 4:15 PM

35 degrees? That's freezing cold.

by Anonymousreply 100May 9, 2021 4:50 PM

^ 35 degrees CELSIUS, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 101May 9, 2021 5:06 PM

This is why LA is just better than NYC. I wear shorts, tank tops, and flip flops when I am running errands. I love being casual. However, in Europe, I do feel a need to dress better. When I lived in London, people were always dressed nicely, even at Starbucks, so the pressure is real elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 102May 9, 2021 5:09 PM

[quote] most of high end trendy designer goods people like Ford sell are bought by Chinese and Gulf Arabs.

This! The clothes, especially Gucci, are so out there that I would look like Edina Monsoon trying to wear these kitty outfits in my day to day. Speaking of Gucci, it was never as good as when Tom Ford was running it. One of my favorite outfits of all time was Madonna's at the the infamous VMA's where Courtney Love was throwing the compact. It was chic, simple, and almost timeless. She looked amazing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103May 9, 2021 5:14 PM

Threads usually waver around the 75 post mark, as this one did with the wander down shorts lane. But the introduction of Madonna's outfit could in stretch this thing to 600 and beyond. Well played.

by Anonymousreply 104May 9, 2021 7:48 PM

I've always thought he looked wall-eyed...and not terribly bright...

by Anonymousreply 105May 9, 2021 8:04 PM

Yeah, piece of shit junkie Kevin Sessums claimed to have had sex with Tom Ford . Maybe they combed each other’s “klute” shags, whilst fingering each other’s cunts.

by Anonymousreply 106May 9, 2021 8:45 PM

Following on what R92 said, Tom Ford has BDF.

by Anonymousreply 107May 9, 2021 8:51 PM

As he ages, he’s morphing into that Chemistry teacher in high school who won’t let you suck his dick - not because you’re seventeen, but because you come from a poor zipcode.

by Anonymousreply 108May 9, 2021 9:00 PM

Stuck-up little priss!

by Anonymousreply 109May 9, 2021 9:01 PM

He's nothing but pretense on 2 legs. A complete fake. His 'I'm too good to let the public see me show any excitement or emotion' shtick got old decades ago. But then he's probably always thinking 'damn, I've still got to go home tonight and let that thing crawl all over me naked'.

by Anonymousreply 110May 9, 2021 9:04 PM

“That Chemistry teacher who..::” seems oddly specific, r108. Classist cockteases are not exactly an archetype of high school.

by Anonymousreply 111May 9, 2021 9:21 PM

I love A Single Man and the soundtrack is divine...but I find Tom Ford odious;

by Anonymousreply 112May 9, 2021 9:30 PM

I decided to hate Tom Ford full time when Colin Firth said Ford called him fat during the making of A Single Man - which was a stupid thing to say by a shallow cliche of a man. He came from nothing through as much will as talent, rose to the top, and nothing really changed except the style to which he became accustomed. Not an original story and I bet Christmas Day is one long sip on undefinable regret.

by Anonymousreply 113May 9, 2021 9:35 PM

R108, you didn’t see the bitter teach meat that tried to educate vapid me.

We had butter face gods in tight double knit pants teaching high school subjects. And every one of those shitheads was professional at a time when I was ready to present hole to anything with a dick.

by Anonymousreply 114May 9, 2021 9:48 PM

R114, I think I sat behind you in Social Studies!

by Anonymousreply 115May 9, 2021 9:50 PM

I thought he was English for the longest time.

by Anonymousreply 116May 9, 2021 9:51 PM

R114 - where were you in my 20's? I was ready to fuck any human hole at that time.

by Anonymousreply 117May 9, 2021 9:59 PM

Every single male teacher in the schools I attended looked like these guys. The mere thought of their dicks was horrifying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118May 9, 2021 10:01 PM

Whoo?

by Anonymousreply 119May 9, 2021 10:25 PM

So much menswear has become ridiculous. Good old Giorgio Armani said he didn’t understand why Prada etc wanted to make men look silly.

by Anonymousreply 120May 9, 2021 10:51 PM

R75 Ford’s fashion is a rip off of Versace. You're the idiot.

by Anonymousreply 121May 9, 2021 10:59 PM

That is one elegant masterpiece of scalp reduction on his head!

by Anonymousreply 122May 9, 2021 11:08 PM

R103 the crotch on those pants is insane!

by Anonymousreply 123May 9, 2021 11:29 PM

He needs to go away. And take Anna Wintour with them. At the end of the day, they are only about white privilege.

by Anonymousreply 124May 9, 2021 11:55 PM

He seems nice enough in interviews and he's worked incredibly hard but also he could be the most self-serious pretentious bore to ever live?

by Anonymousreply 125May 10, 2021 12:20 AM

R124=twat from Jezebel

by Anonymousreply 126May 10, 2021 12:22 AM

Prissy cunt. I used to think he was hawt…then he opened his mouff.

by Anonymousreply 127May 10, 2021 12:31 AM

should be forced to say the word Texas out loud every time a camera is pointed his way!

by Anonymousreply 128May 10, 2021 12:33 AM

His arrogance is too off putting to enjoy his clothing. If I dont like you,Im not putting money in your pocket. But I have always thought he was cute.

by Anonymousreply 129May 10, 2021 12:43 AM

R25 - ermmm....I hate to be that person, but a movie is LITERALLY a collection of still photographs, displayed at a high rate of speed. Every frame a painting, my friend.

by Anonymousreply 130May 10, 2021 12:50 AM

R129, all male fashion designers are arrogant: Armani, YSL, Lagerfeld, Jacobs, Kors, etc.

by Anonymousreply 131May 10, 2021 12:53 AM

Richard Buckley: “I married a fucking porpoise. Shamu, get your ass out of the tub and dress for dinner! We meet your suck-ups in an hour!”

by Anonymousreply 132May 10, 2021 12:54 AM

If I can look and live like Tom Ford at 60, I would consider myself very lucky. He looks great. I think he's funny and i like his irreverent talk. I like people who push the boundaries in sexy.

by Anonymousreply 133May 10, 2021 12:59 AM

Again .. what happened to the nudes? There actually were some.

by Anonymousreply 134May 10, 2021 1:14 AM

I remember reasing an article with Tom where he told the writer that every man should be fucked at least once, then told the writer he had a room at the hotel they were interviewing with and asked if he wanted to try it.

by Anonymousreply 135May 10, 2021 1:24 AM

Richard Buckley: “Tommy, Sean Hannity’s people called requesting custom and I want to see him in plaid gauchos with cuban heels.”

by Anonymousreply 136May 10, 2021 1:38 AM

Here's one, R136. I don't know why he would have them scrubbed. He jumped into a photo shoot naked and he looked so hot. He looked one of the models. This is the only one I could find with minimal effort but there were a bunch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137May 10, 2021 5:14 AM

she must have had a major breakdown when her hair started to recede

by Anonymousreply 138May 10, 2021 10:26 AM

I watched a documentary about fashion, climate change, social justice, etc. He said the usual stuff about the industry needing to change and all that, and yet every few months he continues to release fragrances with $400+ price tags.

by Anonymousreply 139May 10, 2021 11:01 AM

For the most part we don't buy stuff out of necessity (like, say, basic food). We buy stuff to feel better about ourselves in various ways. Like, when some people feel better when others praise them for their taste in designer clothes.

In this snake oil driven society guys like Tom Ford are millionaires, because they convince people that they feel better about themselves by owning expensive clothing.

by Anonymousreply 140May 10, 2021 11:26 AM

R137 - Thanks. Now for those frontal ones?

by Anonymousreply 141May 10, 2021 1:59 PM

Weren't the naked pictures part of a Vogue issue he guest-edited? Or was it GQ?

by Anonymousreply 142May 10, 2021 3:06 PM

He comes across like a pretentious twat, unfortunately

by Anonymousreply 143May 10, 2021 3:13 PM

His so-called pretentiousness made him a multi-millionaire.

by Anonymousreply 144May 10, 2021 3:17 PM

You're so right to say that, r144. You cannot ever argue with financial success.

by Anonymousreply 145May 10, 2021 3:21 PM

I always wondered how much of his success and designs were him or a result of his husband's connections and talent.

He definitely road his husband's coattails - I just don't know for sure to what degree.

by Anonymousreply 146May 10, 2021 3:25 PM

I would assume there's someone just around the corner to replace him. Perhaps he or she will positively glow under overhead lighting.

by Anonymousreply 147May 10, 2021 3:26 PM

How do the people he is with not laugh at him when he pulls that

Maybe you all are more used to high maintenance people like that but if I were meeting someone and they started freaking out about overhead lighting I'd think I was being set up for an Ashton Kutscher Punkd-style video

by Anonymousreply 148May 10, 2021 3:30 PM

R148, I imagine no one hangs with him who doesn't understand and fully deliver robust ass kissing.

You think a diva like that has any real relationships?

by Anonymousreply 149May 10, 2021 3:31 PM

Fair point R149

I was thinking more someone who did not know him and had no interest in kissing his ass-- a studio executive, talent agent, potential investor.

Or does he know better and behaves normally in front of them, even if it means overhead lighting is involved

by Anonymousreply 150May 10, 2021 3:43 PM

Financial success isn’t everything. A low way from it. It’s not how I choose the people I spend time with.

by Anonymousreply 151May 10, 2021 3:49 PM

I would love to hear what the big designers (Halston, Lagerfeld) he used to hang out with in the early 80s when he was just the hot piece of ass would say about him today for putting on such airs.

by Anonymousreply 152May 10, 2021 3:50 PM

My cousin’s best friend who is a stylist to ALL the balding fashion designers in Wyoming says that Tom Ford uses goes off range in a mullet wig and Jankos every quarter. He refers to himself as T-Fo to fit in with the hep kids. He says it’s inspiring.

by Anonymousreply 153May 10, 2021 3:54 PM

Most of his perfumes & colognes I find to be overpriced, overhyped, and overdone. Yet, I do have a strange, curious, and embarrassing little weakness for his Soleil Neige.

Typical of the line, silage and longevity let us down, and for all the edgy marketing it’s ultimately too shy and linear—a safe skinscent. Almost all TF, imo, fail to keep attention beyond a slightly-kooky blast in the top, and some dexterous psychic association in the marketing. There is nothing truly sophisticated or groundbreaking about it, really.

But still, with this one I’m enthralled. Think it’s the coziness of the carrot seed/white musk/benzoin combo, juxtaposed with the crisp sharpness of all the white and citric and metallic components, then the flirty indoles in the middle slipping around corners as you chase their scent (Mary! me with impunity, I deserve it).

It’s like a ride with a Snow Queen in a chariot with a blanket over you, or on the back of a tame olde-worlde Christmas reindeer. There is a fascinating feminine whisper in it of crisp and chilling pure icicle (I’m a winter baby with alpine dreams), and also of a soft bed of white spring flowers like snowdrops....

Still isn’t worth the hefty tag, though. Get a used bottle, a tester, or even a good knockoff before paying Tom his extortionate TF prices in full.

by Anonymousreply 154May 10, 2021 4:04 PM

Tom Ford is not the nose of his brand's perfumes.

by Anonymousreply 155May 10, 2021 4:14 PM

oh god, Chandler Burr has decided to drop by

by Anonymousreply 156May 10, 2021 4:15 PM

I got a bottle of Tacky Taint, the super VIP cousin to Fucking Fabulous. It's a photorealistic capture of Mr. Ford's taint 2 hours after a heavy spray of vintage Jicky.

by Anonymousreply 157May 10, 2021 4:27 PM

He’s a brilliant stylist and marketer, but not really a very good designer.

It can’t be denied that he had a specific and very successful vision to revitalize Gucci in the 1990s, but the reason it worked had a lot to do with the very talented design team that was already there. Also the influence of people like Mario Testino and Carine Roitfeld on Tom at that time cannot be emphasized enough.

But post Gucci, Ford’s achievements in fashion are to a large degree just “smoke & mirrors”. His tenure at YSL resulted in very mediocre sales and his own line is a bit of a glorified vanity project. The menswear turns a modest profit and those collections consistently look pretty good, but the womenswear is a critical and commercial joke and has never been even close to profitable on its own.

The thing that keeps Tom Ford afloat as a label are sunglasses, fragrance, and the beauty deal he has with Estée Lauder which has done spectacularly well. Of course, this is the case with many high fashion brands but most of them also have a serious business with the “clothes” and that’s not the case with Tom.

His aspiration after Gucci was to build a fashion powerhouse in his own name at the same level as Ralph Lauren, Michael Kors, or Armani. But “TOM FORD” has achieved nowhere near the revenue, relevance, or industry respect of those businesses or the people behind them.

by Anonymousreply 158May 10, 2021 4:29 PM

[quote] You're so right to say that, [R144]. You cannot ever argue with financial success.

[quote] —Donald J Trump

Sure, you can't argue with financial success, but you can argue with an idiot who brings up Trump like that proves his point.

by Anonymousreply 159May 10, 2021 4:30 PM

For such a handsome man, he comes off as incredibly asexual to me.

by Anonymousreply 160May 10, 2021 4:32 PM

Yes I imagine he has very low sexual needs.

by Anonymousreply 161May 10, 2021 4:34 PM

[quote] Financial success isn’t everything. A low way from it. It’s not how I choose the people I spend time with.

Are you in any way important otherwise?

by Anonymousreply 162May 10, 2021 4:36 PM

There is a group of people I seem to irritate on sight. I could see him seething with silent rage until I left the building.

by Anonymousreply 163May 10, 2021 4:37 PM

The breathy, almost bizarrely Jackie O inspired voice, the syntax, and the way he speaks at an ever so slightly slow pace are truly comical. But I imagine all of that would get really old, really fast over the course of having to spend a few hours with him.

by Anonymousreply 164May 10, 2021 4:39 PM

Tom Ford is smoke and mirrors. he wasn't that handsome as a young man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165May 10, 2021 4:45 PM

I love the wide lapels, not comically wide, but I do think they're flattering.

by Anonymousreply 166May 10, 2021 4:47 PM

[quote]He's one of those fluid men who is really bisexual. So there's that.

Hi, "All gay men are really bisexual" troll!

by Anonymousreply 167May 10, 2021 4:55 PM

I would rather wear Brioni. Though Brioni went in noticeably on the newest cuts and I guess I am too old now.

by Anonymousreply 168May 10, 2021 4:56 PM

R166, wide lapels only work on certain body types. Broad shouldered men carry it off well.

by Anonymousreply 169May 10, 2021 4:58 PM

If you’re short, they give off a Chuck Barris air.

by Anonymousreply 170May 10, 2021 5:12 PM

What do we know about his meat? big/avg? c or uc? Top /bottom?

by Anonymousreply 171May 10, 2021 5:15 PM

Tom cheats on his husband with women?

by Anonymousreply 172May 10, 2021 5:20 PM

Our family preferred Chryslers.

by Anonymousreply 173May 10, 2021 5:25 PM

I've never understood paying $5K or more for an off the rack suit.

You can get one custom made for about half that by someone who can give you a similar style albeit one that is more flattering to your build. And the suit will fit perfectly and be much better made and utilize better fabric too.

Hell, if you want to go to Hong Kong, you can get one made for around $1K

by Anonymousreply 174May 10, 2021 5:33 PM

Yeah, I'd rather pay for a custom suit. A friend met a Hong Kong tailor in Calif. (tailor was on a trip). Tailor took friend's measurements, went back to HK, sewed up some suits, & mailed suits to friend. Friend still gets all his stuff from this tailor. Friend's weight is pretty consistent, luckily.

by Anonymousreply 175May 10, 2021 5:36 PM

[quote]He’s a brilliant stylist and marketer, but not really a very good designer.

So he's kind of like pre-off the rails Madonna then.

by Anonymousreply 176May 10, 2021 5:44 PM

R176 checks out.

Madge currently wears Bitter Peach, and occasionally shills it on her Instagram. Is she a personal friend of Tom’s?

by Anonymousreply 177May 10, 2021 6:51 PM

I’ll like Brioni but that allegedly is Trump’s favorite, too. Berluti it is, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 178May 10, 2021 8:16 PM

i love this video. Lost of cameos

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179May 10, 2021 9:43 PM

He's everything I'll never be and I hate him for it.

by Anonymousreply 180May 10, 2021 10:05 PM

[italic]A Night of Viciousness At Buckley-Ford Manor[/italic]

Richard Buckley: “Oh, look at that! Alexander McQueen came out with a new, inventive line and he’s been dead [bold]TEN[/bold] years, Tom! Are we still making track suits for Seth Green?”

by Anonymousreply 181May 10, 2021 10:14 PM

Is he into dressing just older men? Turtlenecks, anyone?

by Anonymousreply 182May 10, 2021 10:36 PM

How can he be in a relationship with that freak?

by Anonymousreply 183May 10, 2021 10:55 PM

That was a fun show R179, but another example of how the womenswear is a vanity project and not a serious business. He designed most of that collection with friends in mind, but it had among the worst at retail sell through stats of any season ever for him.

by Anonymousreply 184May 10, 2021 10:59 PM

[quote] At the end of the day, they are only about white privilege.

Do find a new shtick.

by Anonymousreply 185May 10, 2021 11:07 PM

R54, I’m a big fan of Le Labo, and years ago before they got big and Ester Lauder bought them the two founders made a fragrance called “Wet Mitten” I’m sure you would’ve loved.

by Anonymousreply 186May 10, 2021 11:21 PM

Fashion is over anyway.

by Anonymousreply 187May 11, 2021 1:59 AM

his horizontal facial features seem so thin and narrow.

by Anonymousreply 188May 11, 2021 2:07 AM

r167, not the bi troll dude. I don't think all men are bisexual, however Ford said himself he was 65% gay 35% straight. And if he wasn't married there are many women he's attracted to that he would be interested in. I'd call Ford bisexual, what would you call him?

by Anonymousreply 189May 11, 2021 2:31 AM

Is he like most gay big-name fashion designers and thus a current (or former) cokehead?

by Anonymousreply 190May 11, 2021 2:33 AM

R83 He's from Texas.

What part of Texas has that accent?

by Anonymousreply 191May 11, 2021 2:39 AM

His age group is right on the cusp of the crack cocaine epidemic, R190. Cocaine use was more common, but it served as an evening starter before going out for drinks.

I was an underaged tag-along who served as bathroom alert - coughing if people approached while my brother and his friends snorted blow. The summer Len Bias died, my cokeheads started to get handsy - gay baiting my baby closetcase self and I bowed out. Wow! I made this all about me.

Anyway, that was a long boring way to tell you that many people of that age did a lot of coke without becoming cokeheads.

by Anonymousreply 192May 11, 2021 3:24 AM

Belgravia R191

by Anonymousreply 193May 11, 2021 3:27 AM

Gays absolutely hate it when other people do well. Tom Ford is iconic and is a huge fashion house. He is extremely relevant. Credit his team, but Tom Ford revamped Gucci from the grave and brought it to life. He also did the same with Yves St. Laurent, which used to be Marshall's material back in the day and now YSL and St. Laurent are killing it. He was designing for both at the same time.

He also should get credit for being a major American designer. Michael Kors and his logo bag is for poor people trying to be chic. It's like Coach vs. LV - there is no competition. Other than Ralph Lauren, he is a hugely successful American design house. He also wrote the screenplay, directed, and produced A Single Man with Colin Firth nominated for Academy Award.

Tom Ford might be an aspie of fashion like Elon Musk is to tech. There is no disputing Tom Ford has and has earned major international success from his own hard work and vision. What have you whores done lately?

by Anonymousreply 194May 11, 2021 3:47 AM

I got yelled at by someone for saying his husband looked like Jessica Tandy. People are so touchy these days!

by Anonymousreply 195May 11, 2021 3:59 AM

Oh Miss Mary Hissy Fit at r194, chill the fuck out. If you think anyone you particularly like is somehow exempt from criticism here just because he's gay--or because he's successful--, you're absolutely on the wrong forum.

Go find somewhere actually in want of a moralizing and enabling scold, because no one wants one here.

by Anonymousreply 196May 11, 2021 4:03 AM

R194 is woefully misinformed... YSL was never at “Marshall’s” and Ford was there for just a few years in the early 2000s after Gucci Group PPR (now Kering) bought only the ready to wear line, not the haute couture or the beauty business.

Ford’s collections for YSL were widely panned and sales were flat... he was not able to replicate at all at YSL the success he had created at Gucci. In fact, he failed and François-Henri Pinault got rid of him.

Stefano Pilati took over as designer but also failed to make headway. It was only when Hedi Slimane was appointed that YSL gained any buzz and revenue started to increase... it was Slimane, NOT Ford, that rebranded the line as “St. Laurent” rather than “YSL”.

Nobody can take away from Tom what he achieved at Gucci, but his failure at YSL proved he was no Karl Lagerfeld... a real designer who was able to revive multiple houses simultaneously at Chloe, Chanel, and Fendi. Expectations were high for him at YSL as many thought he really could be another Karl with a string of hits after Gucci, but Ford just didn’t prove to be talented enough for that.

He was in the right place at the right time in the1990s at Gucci, but everything he’s done since hasn’t been anywhere near that level commercially or critically.

by Anonymousreply 197May 11, 2021 5:02 AM

R197, thank you. YSL was an old guy brand with bad knockoffs sold at every flea market alongside Pierre Cardin.

by Anonymousreply 198May 11, 2021 5:11 AM

R197 Hi Tom. Welcome to DL.

by Anonymousreply 199May 11, 2021 9:06 AM

Tom is not gay he's bisexual

by Anonymousreply 200May 11, 2021 9:39 AM

curious how much money he lost, so far I hadn't really seen any red carpet zoom calls (i.e. I think most fashionistas just didn't go shopping anymore...)

by Anonymousreply 201May 11, 2021 12:05 PM

r201 nor do you need perfume in a zoom call :)

by Anonymousreply 202May 11, 2021 12:06 PM

R199 why would R197 be Tom? That post calls out his shitty tenure at YSL and correctly notes that it was Hedi Slimane that revived that brand, not Ford like some other poster tried to claim.

by Anonymousreply 203May 11, 2021 1:33 PM

Blind Item: Easter weekend and this woman is in town and bored at her hotel and starts scrolling through Tinder. She finds a match and the guy comes over to her hotel room. Older guy. Shaved bald head. Very very well dressed. Looks exactly like his picture and from when they Face Timed. They hook up and afterwards, the guy pulls out a bag, and inside the bag is another bag. Inside that is a wig. He puts it on. Then she recognizes the man. He is an A+ list designer who usually identifies as gay and has a husband.

Tom Ford

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204May 11, 2021 1:47 PM

^^ Blind gossip item from CDAN = Fabricated bullshit. ^^

by Anonymousreply 205May 11, 2021 5:30 PM

why would he put on the wig if he arrived without it?

by Anonymousreply 206May 11, 2021 6:14 PM

and was she satisfied with the fuck?

by Anonymousreply 207May 11, 2021 6:14 PM

This never happened.

by Anonymousreply 208May 11, 2021 10:13 PM

Have we moved on to the husband?

by Anonymousreply 209May 11, 2021 10:28 PM

Everything in Tom Ford's past points to this. He's THAT guy, the lowlife married to a man who cheats on him with women.

by Anonymousreply 210May 12, 2021 2:03 AM

Tom Ford is definitely comfortable being very sexually playful with women, more so than most gay guys would be,

by Anonymousreply 211May 12, 2021 2:57 AM

Tiom helpfully brings his husband succulent virgins to their home, so the husband can bathe in their blood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212May 12, 2021 3:00 AM

^^He learned that from Mary McFadden

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213May 12, 2021 3:01 AM

Has no sense of humor (Tom Ford).

by Anonymousreply 214May 12, 2021 3:12 AM

The bind item is bullshit. I mean what guy would pull out a wig. and put it on in front of his new conquest? Bizarre even on that level, without adding the 'gay, married to a man' bit. But that doesn't change the fact Tom Ford has repeatedly, over many years, spoken about how he isnt GAY-gay. Just that he prefers men. But he is most certainly bisexual by his own admission. Prissy fem bi's who think they are hot shit are more common that you would think.....and yes, many people just assume they are gay because they lead 'gay' lives. Its not until people like Tom actually start talking about the fact the have fucked, and enjoying fucking women that people realise.......

So its none of us pointing this out are 'every gay guy is bi' trolls, just that unfortunately, there are still a lot of men who are called 'gay', that arent. If there is nothing wrong with bisexuality, then there is also nothing wrong with gay people pointing out the fact that some men arent gay, and that gay men dont fuck women like Tom Ford does. Not that I think he is sleeping with, or has in a long time, women atm.

by Anonymousreply 215May 12, 2021 3:16 AM

I mean, I see them on grindr. There is this guy who is on the local 'gay' football team and who hashtags #gay this and that on instagram- campy and non sexual photos with his various 'fag hags' and 'wifies', while on grindr he talks about how he is very much into mfm threesomes and loves eating pussy.........also 'ftm friendly'.

by Anonymousreply 216May 12, 2021 3:20 AM

(R212) There’s another pic of his partner in a tux.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217May 12, 2021 3:30 AM

R215=10lbs of shit in a 5lb bag.

by Anonymousreply 218May 12, 2021 3:45 AM

Tom Ford's New Mexico ranch is insane.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219May 12, 2021 6:30 AM

It looks like a wastewater treatment facility.

by Anonymousreply 220May 12, 2021 6:45 AM

I liked A Single Man and I LOVED Nocturnal Animals - also really like his fragrances but I'm too cheap to actually buy them.

I think he's pretty enigmatic as a personality, you don't really see much of him so I have no idea what he's actually like.

by Anonymousreply 221May 12, 2021 8:43 AM

If I were a guest at that ranch I doubt I could resist the urge to move throw pillows from one couch to another and rearrange the various tchotchkes on the shelves, knowing full well that he'd notice it immediately and it would drive him crazy.

by Anonymousreply 222May 12, 2021 9:51 AM

R215 is another lunatic who is completely invested in Gay Erasure, convinced that most gay men are really bisexual.

Diseased freak.

by Anonymousreply 223May 12, 2021 11:31 AM

^^I think the key would be to move things slightly--like maybe six inches or so from where they were, knowing full well that it would be the first thing he'd notice when he walked into the room.

With people like Ford you do wonder if they were always like that or if they just became that way as a result of being surrounded by sycophants who acquiesce to their every whim.

by Anonymousreply 224May 12, 2021 1:04 PM

“Lost Cherry” smells like old Jergens lotion....”Bitter Peach” smells like oven cleaner. “Fucking Fabulous” is really worth every cent. I get TONS of compliments whenever I wear it.

by Anonymousreply 225May 12, 2021 6:41 PM

What about Tacky Taint?

by Anonymousreply 226May 12, 2021 7:06 PM

That guy makes him look older, not younger in R212.

by Anonymousreply 227May 12, 2021 7:19 PM

R223, Tom Ford is convinced that most gay men are really bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 228May 12, 2021 8:04 PM

Tom Ford’s new DL inspired cologne launching!

What’s Wiggin- Lilies and hairspray Caftan Creosote- Smoky with hints of Pork Rind and sweat Cunty Cowhand- Gin and regret Obsessive Compulsive-

by Anonymousreply 229May 12, 2021 8:27 PM

I’m definitely not, R228.

by Anonymousreply 230May 12, 2021 8:28 PM

[quote]Tom Ford is convinced that most gay men are really bisexual.

Oh, well, then, it must be true.

by Anonymousreply 231May 12, 2021 8:39 PM

Tom won’t fuck your nasty stink box r228.

by Anonymousreply 232May 12, 2021 8:53 PM

Tom is digging into some Tinder pussy, he's a fake gay/bisexual trickster.

by Anonymousreply 233May 13, 2021 2:02 AM

I love Nocturnal Animals, better than a single man. It was so beautifully shot and the story was intriguing.

I would like a pair of TF sunglasses and maybe work glasses as well. If I get married I would do a either a Tom Ford suit or Prada.

by Anonymousreply 234May 13, 2021 2:53 AM

A-gays with children - now you know how and what to style them in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235May 13, 2021 5:34 AM

r235 that is just ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 236May 13, 2021 5:37 AM

[quote] ”Bitter Peach” smells like oven cleaner.

Supposedly Bitter Peach is currently Madonna's favorite fragrance.

by Anonymousreply 237May 13, 2021 5:41 AM

Has anyone mentioned that Bitter Peach is Madonna's parfum du jour?

by Anonymousreply 238May 13, 2021 8:25 AM

Someone on here posted a while back a video of some guy who repairs shoes. On one of his videos he's repairing a pair of Tom Ford shoes, and reveals how cheaply they are actually made, fake stitching and all.

I like some of his colognes, but that's about it.

by Anonymousreply 239May 13, 2021 10:22 AM

Here’s the video R239 mentioned. The rather cute bear cobbler starts talking about how cheaply made Tom Ford shoes are just before the 2 minute mark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240May 13, 2021 1:20 PM

I think Tom Ford is a first class jerk.

by Anonymousreply 241May 13, 2021 2:40 PM

He should be ashamed to sell such cheaply made shit.

by Anonymousreply 242May 13, 2021 4:28 PM

He needs to change his razor blade.

by Anonymousreply 243May 13, 2021 4:49 PM

I see octogenarians from DL still don't believe bisexuality exists. I've dated mostly bi men, and guess what, they do love pussy, that's what bisexuality means.

by Anonymousreply 244May 13, 2021 6:25 PM

Hell yeah, R244

I love pussy too!

My buddy Don--he likes to grab those bitches by theirs!

Heh heh heh. Hashtag NoHomo

by Anonymousreply 245May 13, 2021 7:30 PM

[quote]I see octogenarians from DL still don't believe bisexuality exists. I've dated mostly bi men, and guess what, they do love pussy,

Is that why they love you?

by Anonymousreply 246May 13, 2021 7:33 PM

I had many threesomes with my exes and a woman. I don't like women I'm full gay, but I enjoy seeing my boyfriend fucking a woman because unlike the projections on DL, many bi men are in relationships with gay men and they truly love fucking women. This isn't 1971. I also had bi boyfriends who didn't hook up with women while with me and we had an open relationship so there's that too.

by Anonymousreply 247May 13, 2021 7:34 PM

[quote] Is that why they love you?

Nah, they love me because I'm a masculine guy who loves to be fucked and they want what they can't have with women, including sucking my big cock before they pound me hard.

by Anonymousreply 248May 13, 2021 7:37 PM

And once again, DLers fall for the troll....

by Anonymousreply 249May 13, 2021 8:01 PM

Not everyone living a life you wish you had are trolls. Shirley.

by Anonymousreply 250May 13, 2021 8:04 PM

I’m living my best life by letting old bisexual men shit in my mouth!

by Anonymousreply 251May 13, 2021 8:10 PM

When Vanity Fair allowed him to guest-edit an issue, he modestly put himself on the cover.

by Anonymousreply 252May 13, 2021 8:18 PM

If he’s fucking women it’s a personal kink - like people who smoke on the toilet. I don’t need to know about it.

by Anonymousreply 253May 13, 2021 8:30 PM

He’s not R253, it’s a troll posting made up bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 254May 13, 2021 8:46 PM

I don't think it's a troll, Tom Ford has said on record every gay man should try a pussy like a right wing republican. But he did say it. And he said he's 35% straight, both from interviews. The man is BISEXUAL, he's not gay.

by Anonymousreply 255May 13, 2021 9:14 PM

Feels good to block the bisexual trolls.

by Anonymousreply 256May 13, 2021 9:25 PM

He gives me the same sort of creepy vibe as a UK commentator/celebrity I once ran into on a train from Edinburgh to Kings Cross.

I can’t remember the name (writer, tall and spindly, likely 50s, BBC darling, smack-addict appearance) but while he did nothing untoward and I’d had no feeling about him beforehand, there was a palpable sense of malevolence about. It wasn’t groovy, ladies!

Ford gives me the same impression: dark, controlled, and empty.

by Anonymousreply 257May 13, 2021 9:51 PM

^ You forgot mean.

He seems to me one of those desperate, aspiring gays who actually did it. But the view from the top hasn't inspired generosity.

by Anonymousreply 258May 13, 2021 10:27 PM

I remember now; it was Will Self.

Creepy fucker - give a wide berth, girls!

by Anonymousreply 259May 13, 2021 11:17 PM

[quote] Sure, you can't argue with financial success, but you can argue with an idiot who brings up Trump like that proves his point.

Any idiot who makes the argument that financial success means a person cannot be faulted is using the same argument as Donald Trump's and fully deserves and indeed urgently needs to be compared to him.

by Anonymousreply 260May 13, 2021 11:53 PM

I can't stand him.

by Anonymousreply 261May 13, 2021 11:58 PM

[Quote]Have we moved on to the husband?

We could, but people seem to be invested in dismissing him as a ghoul and their relationship in general.

Anyway, hasn't Buckley had long-term issues with cancer? Forgive him for not being robust enough.

by Anonymousreply 262May 14, 2021 12:40 AM

So is Tom another member of the if a gay guy doesn't fuck pussy it's because he hates women club?

by Anonymousreply 263May 14, 2021 12:43 AM

I've seen him at the Polo Lounge once and he looks amazing in person. They say every gay should have a mentor and I think Tom Ford is someone I can totally look up to.

by Anonymousreply 264May 14, 2021 3:02 AM

[quote]I've seen him at the Polo Lounge once and he looks amazing in person.

Was he eyeing all the ladies?

by Anonymousreply 265May 14, 2021 3:51 AM

[Quote]I've seen him at the Polo Lounge once

Oh dear!

by Anonymousreply 266May 14, 2021 6:25 AM

Tom Ford would not approve of r266.

by Anonymousreply 267May 14, 2021 6:30 AM

[quote]They say every gay should have a mentor and I think Tom Ford is someone I can totally look up to.

And that is what you should raise first at your next appointment.

by Anonymousreply 268May 14, 2021 2:25 PM

R263, that's pretty much it.

by Anonymousreply 269May 14, 2021 7:30 PM

I’d like to fuck him and am guessing he’s just average in bed.

by Anonymousreply 270May 14, 2021 7:45 PM

Tom Ford is a proponent of Queer Theory?

by Anonymousreply 271May 15, 2021 2:06 PM

[quote]What do we know about Tom Ford as a person?

As opposed to what we know about him as an aardvark?

by Anonymousreply 272May 15, 2021 4:30 PM

[quote] They say every gay should have a mentor and I think Tom Ford is someone I can totally look up to.

I don't think he can be your mentor if he doesn't know you exist.

[quote] As opposed to what we know about him as an aardvark?

No, dear. As opposed to what we know about him as a [italic]designer.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 273May 15, 2021 4:57 PM

Tom Ford is an early pansexual and has been problematic for a while.

by Anonymousreply 274May 18, 2021 11:49 PM

I know from the OP photo that he shoots up with a few thousand dollars of Botox every year.

by Anonymousreply 275May 18, 2021 11:53 PM

If he's bisexual I'm no longer interested.

by Anonymousreply 276May 19, 2021 10:48 PM

[quote] he's repairing a pair of Tom Ford shoes, and reveals how cheaply they are actually made, fake stitching and all.

So the pair I saw at Holt Renfrew for $2000 wouldn't have been worth it?

by Anonymousreply 277May 19, 2021 10:55 PM

Tom actually seems a bit conservative - I doubt feminism informs much or any of his supposed sex with women - more likely, good old fashioned internalized homophobia or just narcissism. The irony is he comes off as very asexual to me - money and fame probably gets him hard over anything else male/female/etc.

by Anonymousreply 278May 20, 2021 2:53 PM

He removed ALL the snarky political commentary that Gore Vidal inserted into Isherwood's story "Single Man".

All that stuff about a certain demographic claiming superior morality because they were oppressed.

by Anonymousreply 279July 23, 2022 6:57 AM

That he also likes the P is a total turnoff.

by Anonymousreply 280July 24, 2022 12:26 AM

Yeah fuck that bisexual cunt.

by Anonymousreply 281July 24, 2022 4:22 AM

Vogue has a great YouTube channel that designers, celebrities and other cognoscenti go over their looks from past to present. Here’s Tom Ford’s. Fabulous!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282July 24, 2022 6:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!