Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do You Have A Favorite "Diva"?

For me, Patti LaBelle, hands down.

by Anonymousreply 11May 5, 2021 9:11 PM

There are R&B Divas, Dance Music Divas, Pop Divas, Jazz Divas, Country & Western Divas, etc. As far as R&B Music goes I love Chaka Khan, Patti LaBelle, Aretha Franklin and so many more.

by Anonymousreply 1May 5, 2021 9:09 AM

Diana Ross

by Anonymousreply 2May 5, 2021 10:34 AM

Betty Lynn, of course.

Best Betty Lynn story on DL:

[quote]I had a friend who was a company manager at a regional arts center. She said her most bizarre encounter with a star was Buckley. She apparently was insistent on being driven to a local CVS so she could buy some makeup before her evening gig. Standing in one aisle was a Sarah Michelle Gellar cutout, and when Buckley saw it, she took a Sharpie out of her purse and drew a mustache on it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 5, 2021 10:39 AM

Siouxsie Sioux.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 5, 2021 10:51 AM

No. I don't like divas.

by Anonymousreply 5May 5, 2021 11:19 AM

I'm with R5 - never understood why so many gay men are obsessed with divas.

by Anonymousreply 6May 5, 2021 11:20 AM

If I don't say Patti LuPone she'll yell at me from the stage.

by Anonymousreply 7May 5, 2021 11:38 AM

Dusty, Lulu.

by Anonymousreply 8May 5, 2021 11:59 AM

It took SIX whole replies for you to FINALLY utter my name, R7? JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAY? SECURITY, CONFISCATE THIS SCUMBAG'S ACER & BLACKBERRY!

by Anonymousreply 9May 5, 2021 7:49 PM

^ And that is EXACTLY what I was talking about.

I am so hard right now.

by Anonymousreply 10May 5, 2021 9:01 PM

Xi Jinping

by Anonymousreply 11May 5, 2021 9:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!