Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Batman & Robin (1997), the best Batman Movie!

Joel Schumacher's undeservingly maligned, PoMo/pop-art masterpiece. With a zany and brainy, beautiful and deadly Uma Thurman as Dr. Pamela Isley / Poison Ivy. Uma handily beat out Demi Moore, Sharon Stone, and Julia Roberts for the part. Brava, Uma!

Anyone else love this classic caper?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 4, 2021 12:49 PM

Uncanny, like a wax doll!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 5, 2021 4:52 AM

Meh. She was okay as Ivy but following in Pfeiffer’s footsteps - no dice.

In fact, this film is too tongue in cheek for me. Carrey is horrible as is Tommy Lee Jones, and I usually like to love both.

by Anonymousreply 2May 5, 2021 4:53 AM

The best Batman movie is Christopher Nolan's re-imagining of the franchise in Batman Begins. Almost everything prior to that was over-the-top camp.

The only one pre-Nolan that was well conceived and executed was "Batman" from 1989, as that first film successfully bridged the gap between the public's perception the character from the uber silly 60s TV series and the original comic book concept.

by Anonymousreply 3May 5, 2021 5:30 AM

Honey, Julia turned it down. She wasn't't beat out by embryo face

by Anonymousreply 4July 3, 2021 6:17 AM

The movie gets so much hate but I love it.

by Anonymousreply 5July 3, 2021 6:23 AM

All these years later, it is still curious that Robin's costume, worn by Chris O'Donnell, had nipples. And those quads and torsos!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 3, 2021 6:24 AM

The Tim Burton Batman movies are really dull, imo.

I hated his vision, so pretentious and dull.

by Anonymousreply 7July 3, 2021 6:28 AM

R6, and the bulges. Could those costumes have been any more homoerotic?

by Anonymousreply 8July 3, 2021 6:29 AM

Batman Returns is still my favourite. But i saw Batman and Robin several times at the theatre 😁 Good luck to whoever they pick for Poison Ivy if the City Sirens movie happens. Megan Fox has stuck her hand up for the role.

by Anonymousreply 9July 4, 2021 12:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!