Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Prime (2005)

I absolutely adore this move. Maybe it’s because it came out right after I made the decision to break up with someone I knew I was bringing down (I was at the height of my beauty, partying, and promiscuity), though I did love him and knew he loved me.

Anyway, this pic made me laugh and cry during a time when I needed to do both most. It captures the bittersweetness of fleeting love - the kind that overwhelms you even though you know it’s fated to be short-lived.

Uma Thurman is touching and luminous, while Brian Greenberg is effortlessly sexy and moving. Meryl Streep is a riot but also heartbreaking. This may be my favorite Streep comedy, along with Postcards from the Edge and Death Becomes Her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 5, 2021 4:52 PM

Umalounge

by Anonymousreply 1May 5, 2021 4:39 AM

This scene 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 5, 2021 4:40 AM

I really think the entire plot of this movie was conjured up by a screenwriter who saw Cruel Intentions and took from the opening scene with Swoosie Kurtz as the therapist and Ryan Philippe as the patient who is fucking her daughter.

by Anonymousreply 3May 5, 2021 4:45 AM

R3 I take it you didn’t like it?

by Anonymousreply 4May 5, 2021 4:46 AM

Meryl behind the scenes:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 5, 2021 4:48 AM

The actor playing M’s husband in Prime also played the bitchy librarian in this scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 5, 2021 4:57 AM

wow , fucking shitty taste = OP

by Anonymousreply 7May 5, 2021 5:03 AM

R6 I never knew that!!!

God, I love DL because of moments like these.

by Anonymousreply 8May 5, 2021 11:22 AM

Yeah he also is the one who interviews AnnE Hathaway at the end of The Devil Wears Prada.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 5, 2021 2:24 PM

R9 I wonder if he’s a former classmate of Meryl’s?

by Anonymousreply 10May 5, 2021 2:26 PM

Too late Mamie/OP, my will has already been notarized. No ass-kissing can help you now.

by Anonymousreply 11May 5, 2021 4:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!