Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Another Captain Marvel movie?!

Could they think of any other name besides The Marvels?

Captain Marvel 2: Bitter Cunt

Captain Marvel: The Return Of Resting Bitch Face

Other suggestions?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 6, 2021 6:22 PM

Captain Marvel2: The Most Powerful Superhero in the Marvel Universe is a Woman.

by Anonymousreply 1May 5, 2021 12:57 AM

Captain Marvel: Number Two

by Anonymousreply 2May 5, 2021 12:58 AM

Captain Marvel 2: Brie Larson and the Search for Charisma

by Anonymousreply 3May 5, 2021 1:04 AM

Captain Marvel 2: Soft Butch Sous Chef Boogaloo

by Anonymousreply 4May 5, 2021 1:15 AM

Captain Marvel 2: Why?

by Anonymousreply 5May 5, 2021 1:27 AM

Captain Marvel 2: Drop the taco.

by Anonymousreply 6May 5, 2021 6:25 AM

Shut the fuck up people, the sequel is just being called The Marvels.

by Anonymousreply 7May 5, 2021 7:38 AM

So they're splitting the character up into three Benetton flavors to be even MORE woke than before?

by Anonymousreply 8May 5, 2021 7:50 AM

Will Brie Larson's feet be heavily featured? They are very alien like.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 5, 2021 8:42 AM

R9, I'd love to see your feet in those shoes. Well, actually, I wouldn't but you get the point.

Captain Marvel 2: Fuck the Incels

by Anonymousreply 10May 5, 2021 8:49 AM

Oh yes, the whole anti-Brie Larsen movement was an incel/right wing operation. OP, you sound like an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 11May 5, 2021 9:04 AM

Captain Marvel 2: Stunning and Brave!

by Anonymousreply 12May 5, 2021 9:11 AM

Captain Marvel 2: LITERAL VIOLENCE!!!

by Anonymousreply 13May 5, 2021 9:14 AM

It is a sign that while they didn't fire Brie, all those articles about Captain Marvel leading the new Avengers stopped pretty quickly after the release of Endgame and now she isn't even the titular hero in her own sequel. Luckily the actress playing Monica seems pretty charismatic, so she should be able to bring a bit of life to the movie, the original only seemed to have a bit of energy whenever Mendelsohn or Law were having fun.

by Anonymousreply 14May 5, 2021 11:51 AM

Of course, R14, it was only any good when the white men were "having fun". Way to counter your incel-ness.

by Anonymousreply 15May 5, 2021 6:21 PM

R15 Not my fault they were the only two who seemed aware they were in a comic book movie, they ruined Jacksons charisma with the deaging cgi.

by Anonymousreply 16May 5, 2021 6:33 PM

Captain Marvel 2: See it or You're a Sexist Misogynist Nazi Incel

by Anonymousreply 17May 5, 2021 6:50 PM

R17 They tried that with Charlie's Angels and it failed miserably.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 5, 2021 7:09 PM

R18, wow, Banks really said that? Her Charlie's Angels was terrible but also completely idiotic. ***SPOILER*** They made Bosley, an old white man played by Patrick Stewart, a super criminal. They basically took a big shit on the earlier Charlie's Angels by making the one likeable guy throughout the history of the franchise a despicable criminal. Who was obviously finally caught by young, pretty women. ***SPOILER END*** If that is her way to get men in theaters...

by Anonymousreply 19May 6, 2021 12:49 AM

R7 and r10 are obviously not DC fans.

Wonder Woman and Catwoman are empowering, you know.

by Anonymousreply 20May 6, 2021 12:56 AM

R9, Billie Porter had the same problem with strappy heels - two baby toes desperately trying to escape.

The shoes they make for women are shit.

by Anonymousreply 21May 6, 2021 12:59 AM

I hate that manjaw

by Anonymousreply 22May 6, 2021 1:03 AM

The Marvels means they are going to introduce Mar vell - the original Cpt. Marvel and possibly Kamala Khan - Ms. Marvel - who is getting her own Disney + series.

by Anonymousreply 23May 6, 2021 1:05 AM

Larson hasn’t done a single watchable film since winning an Oscar. Embarrassing to seek a Marvel part and do nothing else. Gauche, cowardly even.

by Anonymousreply 24May 6, 2021 1:10 AM

[quote]The Marvels means they are going to introduce Mar vell - the original Cpt. Marvel

Look at the logo for the movie.

It's Captain Marvel, Monica Rambeau (Who was previously Captain Marvel in the Comics) and Ms. Marvel's logos all combined together.

Monica and Carol have issues to resolve over her abandoning her mother (Carol's supposed best friend) during her death and they'll no doubt run into and have to help Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 6, 2021 1:13 AM

Wasn’t that great of a movie. Do we really need a sequel?

by Anonymousreply 26May 6, 2021 1:16 AM

R25, they presented a good launch for Monica Rambeau in Wandavision. And Teyonah Parris was great.

by Anonymousreply 27May 6, 2021 1:19 AM

They'll probably also introduce Blue Marvel. Also, technically they've already introduced Mar-Vell in the first movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28May 6, 2021 8:12 AM

The thing that will finally kill the Marvel movie mania is making all the superheroes black and trans. Fourteen percent + .001 percent does not a blockbuster audience make.

by Anonymousreply 29May 6, 2021 8:36 AM

I am a little worried after Feige came out and said the reason Dr. Strange didn't show up in Wandavision is because they didn't want another white guy turning up and saving the day. He's never said stuff like that before, it made me wonder if there's some behind the scenes pressure from Disney to follow that narrative. It happened to Star Wars and look how it turned out, the only real success they've had is a show created by someone who wasn't part of their equality push.

by Anonymousreply 30May 6, 2021 8:42 AM

At least Teyonah Parris has star quality and charisma. They’d have been better off just casting her as Captain Marvel in the first place. Larson is just lifeless on screen.

by Anonymousreply 31May 6, 2021 8:46 AM

They better bring Goose back!

by Anonymousreply 32May 6, 2021 10:21 AM

Not if Brie Larson has her way, she was allergic to the cat and so I wouldn't be surprised if that cat only has a brief cameo.

by Anonymousreply 33May 6, 2021 11:07 AM

What r3 and r31 said.

Sarah Halley Finn, head of casting for Marvel, and, I assume that Kevin Feige has final casting approval, made a rare Marvel casting mistake with Larson.

by Anonymousreply 34May 6, 2021 11:55 AM

The thing about Brie was she looked like a solid choice for Captain Marvel back in 2016 but she became less of an actress and more of an advocate for the woke and her acting suffered for it. Carol Danvers isn't that interesting a character in the first place, she doesn't have Natasha's broken past, Wanda's fucked up childhood or Hope's parental issues, add to the fact that Brie is just a bit to severe to lead a superhero movie.

by Anonymousreply 35May 6, 2021 12:33 PM

I’d argue 70s-80s Carol was an interesting character— but you need Rogue and that storyline to give her some angst to play.

by Anonymousreply 36May 6, 2021 12:47 PM

[quote]I am a little worried after Feige came out and said the reason Dr. Strange didn't show up in Wandavision is because they didn't want another white guy turning up and saving the day.

Stop stirring up shit, R30.

He said:

[quote]Some people might say, ‘Oh, it would’ve been so cool to see Doctor Strange. [bold]But it would have taken away from Wanda.[/bold] We didn’t want the end of the show to be commoditized to go to the next movie – here’s the white guy, ‘Let me show you how power works.'

He was referring to Wanda. He didn't want another white guy showing up and upstaging Wanda on the show called WandaVision.

by Anonymousreply 37May 6, 2021 3:52 PM

R37 Look a little lower on that sentence you quoted dumbass. He specifically highlights Strange's race and gender. If the writing in WandaVision was strong enough, a Strange cameo wouldn't have upstaged Wanda in the same way that Spider-Man and Iron Man turning up in Civil War didn't upstage Captain America.

by Anonymousreply 38May 6, 2021 4:14 PM

Carol Danvers was a creation of the women's movment. She was MS. Marvel - strong and beholden to no man. She languished as a b list hero until Rogue came along. Mystique, was a long time foe of Ms. Marvel, she had Rogue steal her powers but take them permanently, not knowing it would take a good chunk of Carol Danvers's psyche with her.

The reason Rogue was able to jump Ms. Marvel? She was raped by a god in another dimension in probably the worst storyline in Marvel history. Marcus was the son of Immortus. He takes Carol Danvers and essentially rapes her in a dream world to impregnate her with himself. The avengers come to rescue her and she convinces them she wants this. So they leave, not knowing Marcus used his powers to make her say those things. It all falls apart, Marcus is born but dies instantly. Carol is trapped in his dimension until she figures out how to send herself home. When the Avengers come to her after all of the Rogue fighting and Prof X has restored some of her memories - she lashes out at the Avengers. Basically "You fucking idiots he raped me and convinced you I wanted it"

Carol would go on to become Binary, where she was bound to a white dwarf star and got cosmic powers. She eventually would get her Ms. Marvel powers back but even more powerful than before. She is now the most powerful superhero in the MCU world..but without the Rouge back story, (not to mention her alcoholism, and her stint as a whore fucking every avenger she could) - her MCU character makes little sense.

by Anonymousreply 39May 6, 2021 4:43 PM

Her character is just bland, I hope by the third movie mutants have been introduced and they can do the Rogue storyline, which could play a part in kicking off the inevitable Avengers Vs. X-Men movie.

by Anonymousreply 40May 6, 2021 4:47 PM

Captain Marvel 2: That's Not Funny!

by Anonymousreply 41May 6, 2021 4:52 PM

I want them to bring in Anelle, Princess of the Skrulls, to prepare the way for the introduction of her son Hulkling, one of Marvel Comics's best gay characters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42May 6, 2021 4:56 PM

Mom was a skrull dad was a kree...but I claim to be all Skrull. Skrull lives matter.

by Anonymousreply 43May 6, 2021 4:57 PM

Brie Larson's Captain Marvel was supposed to become one of the leads to take over from RDJ and Chris Evans.

Marvel makes their movies in "phases." The expectation was that the big ensemble movies were going to shift toward space.

Unfortunately, Larson is so hated that I can't imagine her taking center stage is an option anymore.

by Anonymousreply 44May 6, 2021 5:03 PM

R37

[quote]Look a little lower on that sentence you quoted dumbass.

Hey shit for brains, if you didn't know, comparing one white man with another white woman isn't OMG YOU GUYZ HE WANTZ TO HIRE BLACKS FOR THINGS AND NO MORE WHITES FOR THINGS OMGGGGG. SUM1 MUST BE MAKING HIM WHY WOULD HE EVER DO THAT!?!?!?!!?

Fuck off back to CBR you dope.

by Anonymousreply 45May 6, 2021 5:04 PM

Oh wait, I meant R38. I forgot since I muted you already since responding to you further isn't worth my time.

by Anonymousreply 46May 6, 2021 5:04 PM

Looks like r45 forgot her meds this morning.

by Anonymousreply 47May 6, 2021 6:00 PM

R45 You are an honest to god dumb son of a bitch, do you know that.

by Anonymousreply 48May 6, 2021 6:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!