Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I Need help writing a letter to landlord declining their lease renewal.

I Need help writing a letter to landlord declining their lease renewal. I looked online and there are a few. I’m not sure which to use. In the past I told landlords I’m moving out verbally. I’m in a bigger place and need to put it in writing.

by Anonymousreply 10May 4, 2021 10:27 PM

Whatever you choose, send a copy certified mail as well so they can’t claim they didn’t get it.

by Anonymousreply 1May 4, 2021 9:02 PM

It’s not that hard.

by Anonymousreply 2May 4, 2021 9:05 PM

OP, those words that you used verbally? Put them on paper.

by Anonymousreply 3May 4, 2021 9:07 PM

This is a problem? You can't just write I will not be renewing my lease?

by Anonymousreply 4May 4, 2021 9:07 PM

Dear Landlord:

Please accept this letter as my 30 day notice that I will be vacating my apartment at (address) on (date). Please forward my security deposit to my new address: (Address).

Respectfully, (name)

There you go, OP...congratulations on the new place.

by Anonymousreply 5May 4, 2021 9:12 PM

OP, your parents will be broken when you desert that big basement they’ve provided you all these years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 4, 2021 9:56 PM

Write:

My neighbor on the left is a perv and watches me all the time.

My neighbor across the way has a voodoo doll that looks exactly like me. Coincidence? I think not.

My neighbor on the right is a CIA member who, I’m telling ya, has soundwaves coming in to my apartment and reading my thoughts.

Due to these reasons, as well as others, I’m Audi this dump.

by Anonymousreply 7May 4, 2021 9:59 PM

Seriously OP? You are way overthinking this.

Hi.

I will be not be renewing the lease, and will be moving out by[insert date]. Please confirm that received this, and let me know if anything needs to be done to facilitate my move out.

Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 8May 4, 2021 10:04 PM

When I moved last winter, the management company had a specific form I was required to send back.

They were supposed to take care of stopping my electric bill, but of course I got one for the month after I left; electric company agreed to rebill the landlord when I called about it. The security deposit refund was a bit less than I'd expected, without any itemization, but not enough to argue about.

by Anonymousreply 9May 4, 2021 10:05 PM

OP, since you're asking for free advice from a pack of losers who have skipped out on rent everywhere they've lived, please at least learn that "verbal" can mean written or oral. If you didn't inform someone of something in writing, you did it orally - with yer li'l speech mouth thingy.

Now stop embarrassing us and yourself and write a note telling him you are not renewing the lease, that according to the terms of your lease you are giving the requisite 30 days notice (or whatever it is) in writing, and that your deposit can be returned via xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Go ahead. Grow up.

But when he sees how much damage your three cats, two dogs, ferret and paint-peeling druggie tricks have done, you'll be in court soon enough - without that deposit.

by Anonymousreply 10May 4, 2021 10:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!